Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 2019 State of CWA Address

Friendship King

Status
      Country                    Australia

CWA 2019 State of CWA Address

Sup.

So, anyone who's glanced in the e-fed forums has noticed CWA has had a severe lack of activity for five months now. I won't get into the whys, hows, or whos at this time, but safe to say this is a significant wait without any updates and has likely effected the interest people may have in the fed. The status of the latest card is still up in the air, and regardless of whether or not that gets posted, I'd like to gauge numbers, see how many of us are still into the CWA world and want to see it continue.

To be specific, there are doubts whether CWA has enough interest to justify running a schedule. Activity has not been stellar within CWA lately, especially with a regularly-occurring alternative in FWA going strong. But with CWA's 10 Year Anniversary around the corner, it seems fitting to at least try and do something.

The way I see it, we have three options:

1. Get a notable amount of interest and we can tentatively start the fixing progress, slowly start to have a regular schedule for CWA.
    2. Get an okay amount of interest and it'll enough to justify a final CWA show to give the e-fed the closure it deserves, before merging with FWA.
    3. Not enough interest, close it down and merge with FWA.

In the event that enough interest is shown it's likely a new CWA/E-fed moderator will be announced after Sicario's demodding. If not, then, well. You can join the dots. Either way I have heard some comments from some users about what the course of action we should or could take, but I'd like to hear from the CWA community before we proceed with any concrete action.

Please post all thoughts and comments below. I'd like to hear from as much of you as possible - whether you're up for a CWA Revival, whether it's been too long and we should just move on, or whether you can't promise steady activity but would dig a final CWA show.

Thanks.
    Last edited by Smooth Jazz Wolf; 02-26-2019 at 08:18 AM.

CWA: A Decade of Decadence
    Maybe the end of something great.
    Maybe the start of something new.
    Stay tuned.

I'm a Stone Cold Lee Guy.

Status
      Country                    Ireland

Re: 2019 State of CWA Address

My blunt honest opinion has always been kind of the same; ever since FWA first arrived. I don't see the sense in two different e-fed companies existing on the site forum. We can argue the benefits of that all day if we wanted, but anyone whose been involved in E-Fed for any number of years would know that the life blood of E-Fed is activity. If a fed is active and thriving; it's awesome. When activity is low, it just makes me sad TBH. And there's no point dividing people between two fed. I'd much prefer one active E-fed then two semi active ones

I think the writing on the wall has been there for awhile for CWA, which sucks to admit. I started e-fedding in CWA in 2010 during the worst few years of my life, this place got me through my high schools years, abusive relationships and a whole lot of dark places. Without getting too dark, at my lowest moment when I was alone in my room, I was mentally making a list of things to live for; and one of those things was; "I'm in a big time match at the e-fed, can't let the mods down" So I'm emotionally invested. but yeah, I think it's time.

I'd be down for one last show, maybe merge with FWA, after, for that tho. We need to see if we can get Showtime, Roberto TUP out of retirement.

...I know who I can offer for the show.
    The most amazing thing about this recent conversation is that I've learned AON is even more of a waste of space than I thought he was previously

No One

Status
      Country                    Canada

I'll do one last match but I'm not sure I'll ever get back into efedding so that'll probably be the end of it for me. Efedding was probably my first realization that I really enjoyed writing so it'll always have a place for me.

Whatever happens otherwise; close or continue, is fine with me. It'd be cool if it stayed alive and remained strong though.

Quote Originally Posted by An Original Name View Post
    My blunt honest opinion has always been kind of the same; ever since FWA first arrived. I don't see the sense in two different e-fed companies existing on the site forum. We can argue the benefits of that all day if we wanted, but anyone whose been involved in E-Fed for any number of years would know that the life blood of E-Fed is activity. If a fed is active and thriving; it's awesome. When activity is low, it just makes me sad TBH. And there's no point dividing people between two fed. I'd much prefer one active E-fed then two semi active ones

I think the writing on the wall has been there for awhile for CWA, which sucks to admit. I started e-fedding in CWA in 2010 during the worst few years of my life, this place got me through my high schools years, abusive relationships and a whole lot of dark places. Without getting too dark, at my lowest moment when I was alone in my room, I was mentally making a list of things to live for; and one of those things was; "I'm in a big time match at the e-fed, can't let the mods down" So I'm emotionally invested. but yeah, I think it's time.

I'd be down for one last show, maybe merge with FWA, after, for that tho. We need to see if we can get Showtime, Roberto TUP out of retirement.

...I know who I can offer for the show.
    This was me in 8th grade moving to a new town/school and being at my mental lowest. Efedding/online wrestling communities (I believe I started BTBing around or shortly after this time) was definitely a huge boon to my mental health.

Status

For what it's worth Jon, you were one of the best writers, and the CWA period when you were working things was so much fun.

Tis was an honor.
    The most amazing thing about this recent conversation is that I've learned AON is even more of a waste of space than I thought he was previously

Huggin' and Kissin'

Status

Its time. Do a 10th anniversary show and merge. I'll be happy to rp on the card with Twista one last time.

Status

Quote Originally Posted by Tig View Post
    Its time. Do a 10th anniversary show and merge. I'll be happy to rp on the card with Twista one last time.
    #Nohatchernobuys.

WC Hall Of Famer

Status
      Country                    United States

Honestly, it hurt me to see CWA end up like this. I’m not going to blame anyone or call anyone out, but all I’ll say on the matter is that really sucks to see what happened.

I’m down for one final show and then merging. I’ll bring back Clint Shepard, Ashley Adams, and Diego Gonzalez for the last show, and I’ll help out with what whatever I can to make the final show happen.

Rest in power, Flock U

Team Cyrus T is Best for Business

Quote Originally Posted by Ed
    Stop the hating of the E-Feds. If you don't like something, that's fine, just ignore it and let the people who do enjoy what they're here on WC to do. Mocking them to make you feel less of a geek for being on a geek on a wrestling forum is lame. If you want to not read their posts, I can fix that for you.

Young Gunz

Status

First, I’d like to start by apologizing to everyone that I let down with my tenure at the head of CWA. I had a vision of where I wanted things to go for the fed and what I wanted to do with things and unfortunately I was unable to see that vision to fruition. My abrubt departure from the team may not have been the most mature thing to do but it was the most necessary thing to do, at the time.

The only person that can give us the results for In exile is Sicario.

as for what to do with CWA moving forward, I believe that a merger with FWA is the best decision. I’d be happy to help out and participate in any way that I possibly can and would be allowed to.

On Vacation

Status

Quote Originally Posted by Smooth Jazz Wolf View Post
    Sup.

So, anyone who's glanced in the e-fed forums has noticed CWA has had a severe lack of activity for five months now. I won't get into the whys, hows, or whos at this time, but safe to say this is a significant wait without any updates and has likely effected the interest people may have in the fed. The status of the latest card is still up in the air, and regardless of whether or not that gets posted, I'd like to gauge numbers, see how many of us are still into the CWA world and want to see it continue.

To be specific, there are doubts whether CWA has enough interest to justify running a schedule. Activity has not been stellar within CWA lately, especially with a regularly-occurring alternative in FWA going strong. But with CWA's 10 Year Anniversary around the corner, it seems fitting to at least try and do something.

The way I see it, we have three options:

1. Get a notable amount of interest and we can tentatively start the fixing progress, slowly start to have a regular schedule for CWA.
    2. Get an okay amount of interest and it'll enough to justify a final CWA show to give the e-fed the closure it deserves, before merging with FWA.
    3. Not enough interest, close it down and merge with FWA.

In the event that enough interest is shown it's likely a new CWA/E-fed moderator will be announced after Sicario's demodding. If not, then, well. You can join the dots. Either way I have heard some comments from some users about what the course of action we should or could take, but I'd like to hear from the CWA community before we proceed with any concrete action.

Please post all thoughts and comments below. I'd like to hear from as much of you as possible - whether you're up for a CWA Revival, whether it's been too long and we should just move on, or whether you can't promise steady activity but would dig a final CWA show.

Thanks.
    You say you won't get into the whys, hows, or whos, but then you specifically mention me at the bottom.

I'll own the fact that the latest show was held up by me after I was left alone with the reigns and I tried to do everything by myself, which I shouldn't have and that's on me, and then some stuff happened in my personal life that clouded my judgment on how long it had been since the show had been delayed. Suffice to say I got a little scared about posting the show at that point, but I think a bigger problem emerged and it was one I tried to deny since the fed was in trouble last summer. There was a severe lack of interest in CWA for some time. I thought to myself maybe I can find a way to fix that before I posted the next schedule and I know I wanted to try to bring in new blood for it, but I think it may be for the best we merge with FWA.

I know when Kid and I took over there was a lot of interest in sticking with CWA and we had a full roll call, but a lot of those people never actually got around to sending in promos and I know I had a hard time tracking down people to give thoughts on angles for their characters or get them to talk to the handlers they were in matches with to plan anything at all. I'm used to having to make most of the angles up as the fed head, but usually there's more involvement from the people in the fed than this. I know Kid struggled with how significantly more active FWA was for most of the time we ran CWA together. I won't blame Kid for leaving if he felt he needed to, because we all make our choices and honestly it was hard trying to keep this afloat and I know he had a vision and I had another. I'd like to take this time to apologize to him for us not being able to keep this thing going and I'd especially like to say I'm sorry to Jimmy King who was the main reason I agreed to do this in the first place. I wanted to salvage CWA for him. I'd like to thank Smooth Jazz Wolf for the help over the past year and say I'm sorry I didn't think to ask for help this time, but honestly I think CWA merging with FWA may be for the best on the long run. FWA has built a great thing over there and their community is fully invested in it. Let WC have one fed that can be the one and only source for the RP community here so people don't have to make a choice. Before anyone gets defensive I'm not throwing anyone under the bridge here, I take responsibility for what happened and I know there were some really loyal CWA guys out there. I hope OMB for one finds himself a spot in FWA. People often underestimated him, but he shined brighter than almost anyone in my time here. I can't speak for before my time here, but I can only speak for what the CWA morale looked like when I got here and honestly it never looked bright. Kid and I were optimistic at first about changing that, but sometimes things are resigned to their fate.

I told King and Wolf I had plans for the 10th anniversary and I was working on that while we were down and we can still do that and then merge with FWA if that's what WC wants to do. I'd love to get with the FWA frontrunner(s) about that as I think CWA's current storyline could easily make a kayfabe merger possible and we can let CWA go out on a bang with a big show. I'd really love to bring this to a closure for you guys. I understand if you guys hate me know and if it wasn't for some stuff that happened in my life over the past few months and my poorly handling of it, I promise you this wasn't my intention. I very much wanted to bring CWA back to its heyday, but honestly speaking even if that happened, I think it was always going to be for the best of the site we eventually merge and we let the FWA folks steer the ship now. If you have any questions or comments, feel free. If you want to leave me hate comments in my inbox, you can also feel free. I really do hope we can amicably build to this final CWA show and get it merged with FWA and give CWA the proper respect it has earned. Thank you for your time.

Heel Champion

Status

I have to admit and I've probably only discussed this in the past week with both Wolf and Jon, that I was considering stepping in and offering to take over CWA to see if I could at least help rebuild it. It's been a long while since I've rped but before I came here to wrestling clique, I thought I was very good but when I came here and was surrounded by a bevy of great writers I realised I was horrible haha. It was here that I learned to become a writer and developed the passion I have for it to this day. Which is why part of me wanted to do that in an effort to give back for what it gave me. As for the anniversary show, I'm more than happy to participate and bring back a character. I'm also more than happy to help book the show or write it if need be.

Status

I feel like, we should try the big Anniversary show and use that as a pilot and we see how we feel after

Hail To The King

Status

If at the very least I end as a world champion which is pretty cool

Spoiler:

CWA World Heavyweight Champion
    Brayden Bridges

WC Hall Of Famer

Status

Quote Originally Posted by Sicario View Post
    You say you won't get into the whys, hows, or whos, but then you specifically mention me at the bottom.

I'll own the fact that the latest show was held up by me after I was left alone with the reigns and I tried to do everything by myself, which I shouldn't have and that's on me, and then some stuff happened in my personal life that clouded my judgment on how long it had been since the show had been delayed. Suffice to say I got a little scared about posting the show at that point, but I think a bigger problem emerged and it was one I tried to deny since the fed was in trouble last summer. There was a severe lack of interest in CWA for some time. I thought to myself maybe I can find a way to fix that before I posted the next schedule and I know I wanted to try to bring in new blood for it, but I think it may be for the best we merge with FWA.

I know when Kid and I took over there was a lot of interest in sticking with CWA and we had a full roll call, but a lot of those people never actually got around to sending in promos and I know I had a hard time tracking down people to give thoughts on angles for their characters or get them to talk to the handlers they were in matches with to plan anything at all. I'm used to having to make most of the angles up as the fed head, but usually there's more involvement from the people in the fed than this. I know Kid struggled with how significantly more active FWA was for most of the time we ran CWA together. I won't blame Kid for leaving if he felt he needed to, because we all make our choices and honestly it was hard trying to keep this afloat and I know he had a vision and I had another. I'd like to take this time to apologize to him for us not being able to keep this thing going and I'd especially like to say I'm sorry to Jimmy King who was the main reason I agreed to do this in the first place. I wanted to salvage CWA for him. I'd like to thank Smooth Jazz Wolf for the help over the past year and say I'm sorry I didn't think to ask for help this time, but honestly I think CWA merging with FWA may be for the best on the long run. FWA has built a great thing over there and their community is fully invested in it. Let WC have one fed that can be the one and only source for the RP community here so people don't have to make a choice. Before anyone gets defensive I'm not throwing anyone under the bridge here, I take responsibility for what happened and I know there were some really loyal CWA guys out there. I hope OMB for one finds himself a spot in FWA. People often underestimated him, but he shined brighter than almost anyone in my time here. I can't speak for before my time here, but I can only speak for what the CWA morale looked like when I got here and honestly it never looked bright. Kid and I were optimistic at first about changing that, but sometimes things are resigned to their fate.

I told King and Wolf I had plans for the 10th anniversary and I was working on that while we were down and we can still do that and then merge with FWA if that's what WC wants to do. I'd love to get with the FWA frontrunner(s) about that as I think CWA's current storyline could easily make a kayfabe merger possible and we can let CWA go out on a bang with a big show. I'd really love to bring this to a closure for you guys. I understand if you guys hate me know and if it wasn't for some stuff that happened in my life over the past few months and my poorly handling of it, I promise you this wasn't my intention. I very much wanted to bring CWA back to its heyday, but honestly speaking even if that happened, I think it was always going to be for the best of the site we eventually merge and we let the FWA folks steer the ship now. If you have any questions or comments, feel free. If you want to leave me hate comments in my inbox, you can also feel free. I really do hope we can amicably build to this final CWA show and get it merged with FWA and give CWA the proper respect it has earned. Thank you for your time.

I’m not mad at you, we go way back we’re cool. I’m just sad that it came to this and to see CWA like this but I think it’s time we put the old girl out to pasture, as much as it pains me to say that. I didn’t think it would go down this way but stuff happens for a reason.

A merge with FWA would be best, one fed for WC like you said. I had been thinking about bringing in the Nasty Alliance (Savage & Fenix) to FWA to help out the tag division over there so I guess that works out there.

Rest in power, Flock U

Team Cyrus T is Best for Business

Quote Originally Posted by Ed
    Stop the hating of the E-Feds. If you don't like something, that's fine, just ignore it and let the people who do enjoy what they're here on WC to do. Mocking them to make you feel less of a geek for being on a geek on a wrestling forum is lame. If you want to not read their posts, I can fix that for you.

The Mayor of Slamtown

Status

Ill post my thoughts on this later, probably tomorrow, but this is indeed a sad day in WC history. Its no ones fault. Not Sicario. Not CK. Not OMB. No one. One day, the CWA, much like the FWA, and every other Efed before them...will die. Lets face it....running an e-fed is hard work. None of us in the FWA would be able to do it alone. Its hard enough with three.

Striving for a B+ in life

Status

I think CWA can continue. It could be done.

"The Golden One" Devin Golden

3x FWA World Heavyweight Champion
    2x FWA X Champion
    4x FWA Tag Team Champion
    Final record: 94-58-10

Shannon O'Neal
    2x FWA Women's Champion
    1x FWA World Champion

No One

Status
      Country                    Canada

I mean it is ole' Jon's fault before anyone else's. Sicario & CK had to pick up what I hastily left behind and the low morale likely had to do with that abrupt departure. They were fighting an uphill battle to begin with.

It is what it is. I regret it (possibly) ending this way and apologize to CWA rpers old and current that had to see it go down like that after years of effort by Jimmy King.

I think the only alternative that remains for long term CWA survival is if Shade does decide to take over and if he finds a low-effort (for both himself and RPers) way to keep it going, whether that's reducing it down to 12 shows a year, having a word count limit, or whatever.

One "final" show is the best (first) step forward though.

I was a highwayman

Status

Quote Originally Posted by An Original Name View Post
    I feel like, we should try the big Anniversary show and use that as a pilot and we see how we feel after
    I feel this honestly. I've been wanting to get back into things here was sad to see how things have went.

Striving for a B+ in life

Status

If the CWA has at least X amount of RP'ers who are exclusive to the CWA (who don't RP in the FWA), then the CWA could return and succeed. It sounds silly and goofy but you need a certain number of people who are committed to the CWA, which means it's a priority for them on the forum. That's how it was for a lot of people back in the day, I imagine. That's how it was for FWA during its height (how it was for me for 8 years). First thing they do upon coming is looking at the section. If you have enough of those people, then you can keep it going.

I don't know if there are enough. Throw out the number 8 and begin there. You don't need a ton of characters or a huge roster. You just need enough to make a card, create some feuds and have a champion. If it's tight knit, then build up from there. If you can't reach that minimum threshold, then fine. All I know is I have read in this thread posts from five people who are CWA exclusive and have expressed that they have an attachment to CWA.

"The Golden One" Devin Golden

3x FWA World Heavyweight Champion
    2x FWA X Champion
    4x FWA Tag Team Champion
    Final record: 94-58-10

Shannon O'Neal
    2x FWA Women's Champion
    1x FWA World Champion

[Knockin' on Heaven's Door]

Status
      Country                    England

As someone reading this thread who isn't an E-Fedder, feel free to ignore me, but I say this as someone with no vested interest in what happens either way.

It reads like there were problems with Fed interest prior to the most recent mod team. What's different now compared to back then that'd renew interest in the Fed? There are willing names now, but was that the same then too?

Again, I can't answer that, but I think some perspective on this would clear up whether realistically it can and should continue past one last show.

Sent from my E5823 using Tapatalk

Fearless University

Status
      Country                    New Zealand

I feel like to put it bluntly running two feds on the same forum is always going to be tricky. It sort of seems like to me at least, being on the outside of both feds until recently that they were both sort of struggling along a bit. The FWA has picked back up with a "Revival" but could both feds do that at the same time?

One of those things where you have to consider is it better/easier to try and run two different feds on the same forum where they effectively poach potential writers and interest from each other or just have one fed?

There does still seem to be some passion towards and interest in the CWA here though. The FWA could have come to an end years ago when our old forum went down, so I know how shitty it can be seeing something you've put a lot of time, effort and creativity into potentially "die".

I think logically one big last hurrah of a show and then a merger makes most sense. But I'd be up for bringing a new character into the CWA if its brought back to life.

Thread Information