Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Pet Peeves

Status

Re: Pet Peeves

I hate when i'm in work meetings that are longer than they need to be because people ask questions that only pertain to them rather than taking that shit offline

People's Champion

Status

My latest Pet peeve is the new Spider man actor. Fuck he sucks. And fuck Miles Morales.

but yeah fuck racial slurs usage.

I hate when people get upset about natives protesting team names to be changed like the McGill Redman. Like a team name is more important than cultures.
    ROH!!!ROH!!!ROH!!!

Cardcaptor

Status
      Country                    United States

RIFA capacitors, Ruby, and varta batteries.

Other than tech/programming stuff...I really, really hate the feeling of chalk. Also the noise it makes. Also have a handful of other things that annoy me on a sensory level.

People who pull out fast from places and don't look for traffic, and cut people off.

Militant keto bros.

How okay the world is with smokers and smoking, is another. Someone smokes their whole life and gets lung cancer? Everyone is so sad, and sympathetic. Smoking is entirely normalized and accepted. Yet, on the other hand...Someone drinks and ends up with liver disease? Many folks view that with a stigma and have no issue saying they did it to themselves. Same with drug use related illness.
    Everything will surely be alright.

Status

I can't do chalk either, makes the hair on the back of my neck stand and my nipples super hard for some reason, idk

No One

Status
      Country                    Canada

Agree with chalk. Hate walking on snow too. Gives me a weird sensory feeling.

People's Champion

Status

I hate when people wear their caps/hats on sideways or to the side. I also hate the fashion of wearing tight pants below your ass.

The hat thing hardly makes sense since its not even comfortable.
    ROH!!!ROH!!!ROH!!!

Huggin' and Kissin'

Status
      Country                    Ireland

People who skip out/go last in rounds.

The EPL is the best league in the world shout.

Status

You ever see people who are "proud to be an asshole"? Maybe they have a bumper sticker that says "Asshole and proud of it" or they'll post things on social media that says "Man by birth, Asshole by choice". I loath these people. It's this weird flex where you are pretending to be better than other people but you are also begging for attention. Obnoxious people in general piss me off but there is something about these dudes who wear the term "Asshole" like a badge of honor that just really piss me off. "People don't like me because I'm such an asshole and I tell it like it is" Oh, you 'tell it like it is' and that's why people don't like you? Sure thing.

People who pride themselves on being internet trolls. When confronted by it they'll typically say "I was just trolling" or "take a joke". I think it's perfectly fine to troll around in a playful manner where everyone knows you are in jest. Like, I've posted online "Last year Obama said he was 50, this year he says he is 51, WHICH IS IT, OBAMA" and anyone with a functioning brain can understand that I'm just taking a piss and in no way serious. But then you have "career trolls" who don't even use their real name and pictures on Facebook, just to make posts about The Holocaust being fake or insinuating that school shootings don't happen and everyone is an actor. They don't believe the shit they spew, which somehow makes it even worse.

People who fabricate a fake version of themselves to appear more interesting than they really are. I know a girl who is constantly posing pictures of the worlds nicest libraries and saying things like "I want to go there" and posting memes about how she'd rather be reading a book" or whatever. I know with complete certainty that this girl hasn't read a book recreationally in her adult life and hasn't read a book at all since high school. She also wears t-shirts for bands she doesn't listen to and I can't explain why this bothers me as much as it does but it does.

WC Hall Of Famer

Status

It gets to me when people mock/judge others for doing something that makes them happy. Just because someone is an adult doesn’t mean they aren’t allowed to collect action figures/toys/etc, or they judge adults that still play video games. If it doesn’t affect you in anyway, then don’t judge/mock someone’s happiness.

Rest in power, Flock U

Team Cyrus T is Best for Business

Quote Originally Posted by Ed
    Stop the hating of the E-Feds. If you don't like something, that's fine, just ignore it and let the people who do enjoy what they're here on WC to do. Mocking them to make you feel less of a geek for being on a geek on a wrestling forum is lame. If you want to not read their posts, I can fix that for you.

The Flow

Status
      Country                    Canada

Quote Originally Posted by Jiggy View Post
    You ever see people who are "proud to be an asshole"? Maybe they have a bumper sticker that says "Asshole and proud of it" or they'll post things on social media that says "Man by birth, Asshole by choice". I loath these people. It's this weird flex where you are pretending to be better than other people but you are also begging for attention. Obnoxious people in general piss me off but there is something about these dudes who wear the term "Asshole" like a badge of honor that just really piss me off. "People don't like me because I'm such an asshole and I tell it like it is" Oh, you 'tell it like it is' and that's why people don't like you? Sure thing.

People who pride themselves on being internet trolls. When confronted by it they'll typically say "I was just trolling" or "take a joke". I think it's perfectly fine to troll around in a playful manner where everyone knows you are in jest. Like, I've posted online "Last year Obama said he was 50, this year he says he is 51, WHICH IS IT, OBAMA" and anyone with a functioning brain can understand that I'm just taking a piss and in no way serious. But then you have "career trolls" who don't even use their real name and pictures on Facebook, just to make posts about The Holocaust being fake or insinuating that school shootings don't happen and everyone is an actor. They don't believe the shit they spew, which somehow makes it even worse.

People who fabricate a fake version of themselves to appear more interesting than they really are. I know a girl who is constantly posing pictures of the worlds nicest libraries and saying things like "I want to go there" and posting memes about how she'd rather be reading a book" or whatever. I know with complete certainty that this girl hasn't read a book recreationally in her adult life and hasn't read a book at all since high school. She also wears t-shirts for bands she doesn't listen to and I can't explain why this bothers me as much as it does but it does.
    To add to this one. Guys who wear shirts like "CSI: Can't Stand Idiots". You know the types of guys who say they're intellectually superior to other guys but work at fucking Subway. They're also the guys who say girls are cunts because they're dating assholes and not nice guys like them.

The only time WWE came close to a good story line post Attitude Era was Undertaker/Mordecai - Dakstang

Cardcaptor

Status

Here's another weird sensory peeve of mine...Chewing the marshmallows in cereal with marshmallows.

Status

Quote Originally Posted by Slick Mitch View Post
    To add to this one. Guys who wear shirts like "CSI: Can't Stand Idiots". You know the types of guys who say they're intellectually superior to other guys but work at fucking Subway. They're also the guys who say girls are cunts because they're dating assholes and not nice guys like them.
    Anyone with that sense of humor that thinks a shirt like that is cool or funny is usually going to be someone I avoid at all costs.

Quote Originally Posted by Sakura View Post
    Here's another weird sensory peeve of mine...Chewing the marshmallows in cereal with marshmallows.
    Absolutely. Fuck Lucky Charms.

Cardcaptor

Status

Quote Originally Posted by Jiggy View Post
    I can't do chalk either, makes the hair on the back of my neck stand and my nipples super hard for some reason, idk
    Quote Originally Posted by Happy Jon View Post
    Agree with chalk. Hate walking on snow too. Gives me a weird sensory feeling.
    Quote Originally Posted by The EC View Post
    Anyone with that sense of humor that thinks a shirt like that is cool or funny is usually going to be someone I avoid at all costs.

Absolutely. Fuck Lucky Charms.
    Finally, people who get it.

The Only 2x WC HOF

Status

Quote Originally Posted by Sakura View Post
    Lucky Charms marshmallows don't feel like marshmallows. The texture of them is horrible.

Sent from my Moto E (4) Plus using Tapatalk

30 Days of WC Member's Choice - Coming Soon - PM me match suggestions

Shock Reviews Archive

The 100 Greatest WWE Matches (1986 - 1995) - Coming Soon

The 100 Greatest WWE Matches (1996 - 2005) - Completed

Cardcaptor

Status

Quote Originally Posted by Shock View Post
    Lucky Charms marshmallows don't feel like marshmallows. The texture of them is horrible.

Sent from my Moto E (4) Plus using Tapatalk
    Yeah, it's a weird chalky texture. I like the taste, and they are fine after they've gotten a bit soggy in the cereal.

Now, an actual marshmallow? Those are lovely.

Relentless Admin

Status
      Country                    England

Adults who eat children's cereal

The way social media and smart phones have changed the experience of going to football. I don't understand why people pay on average £30 to go to a game and use their phones for most of the game, answering texts, updating twitter with YOUR running commentary of the game, checking how your fantasy league players are getting on, rather than just switch off for 45 minutes and enjoy the game and add to the atmosphere. Atmospheres on average are worse than they were a decade ago. The most annoying are the people who record every single corner kick, free kick and penalty on their phone so they watch the most crucial parts of the game through their small screen because they want to capture the goal celebrations in the crowd to get those 20 likes on twitter after the match, or even worse be an arsenal fan tv ripoff vlog so you're more there for your own youtube channel's benefit and not because you want to watch the team you love play. This is going to sound like someone in their 50s saying all seater stadiums killed the atmosphere in games, but it's definitely not as fun to go to matches as it was 15-20 years ago.

While we're on football, skysports still doing replays that aren't split screen so that you have to watch Klopp's reaction to a shot dragged wide while the game restarted 5 seconds ago but you can't see it.

Anyone who takes the lower offer on the chase.

The Only 2x WC HOF

Status

Quote Originally Posted by Ed View Post
    Adults who eat children's cereal
    If they wanted us to eat adult cereal they shouldn't make it suck so much. Even stuff like Weetabix and corn flakes, which I have pretty regularly, have to be lathered in layers of sugar to become edible.

Cinnamon Grahams are by far the best cereal though. That's an adult cereal, isn't it?

The way social media and smart phones have changed the experience of going to football. I don't understand why people pay on average £30 to go to a game and use their phones for most of the game, answering texts, updating twitter with YOUR running commentary of the game, checking how your fantasy league players are getting on, rather than just switch off for 45 minutes and enjoy the game and add to the atmosphere. Atmospheres on average are worse than they were a decade ago. The most annoying are the people who record every single corner kick, free kick and penalty on their phone so they watch the most crucial parts of the game through their small screen because they want to capture the goal celebrations in the crowd to get those 20 likes on twitter after the match, or even worse be an arsenal fan tv ripoff vlog so you're more there for your own youtube channel's benefit and not because you want to watch the team you love play. This is going to sound like someone in their 50s saying all seater stadiums killed the atmosphere in games, but it's definitely not as fun to go to matches as it was 15-20 years ago.
    Agreed 100%

Anyone who takes the lower offer on the chase.
    People who watch the Chase over Pointless

It's even worse when people take a negative offer on the Chase. Scumbags.

30 Days of WC Member's Choice - Coming Soon - PM me match suggestions

Shock Reviews Archive

The 100 Greatest WWE Matches (1986 - 1995) - Coming Soon

The 100 Greatest WWE Matches (1996 - 2005) - Completed

Status
      Country                    Jamaica

Mate, weetabix is amazing what you on about. Real men eat porridge anyway, everybody knows this.

Fucking love Pointless. But fuck anyone who takes negative offers on the Chase.

I've a real pet peeve of motherfuckers who skip queues.

~
    ~ THE KING OF KINGS ~~
    Spoiler:

Judging, mostly

Status
      Country                    Ireland

Drivers that dont use their indicators. Scum. Sub-human scum.

(Also, I'm definitely one of the people that prefers Pointless over The Chase!!)

Relentless Admin

Status
      Country                    England

I like both shows but much prefer the chase. There's less waffle and the questions come fast to play along at home. With pointless, a lot of questions you'll know the answer to early on (especially the fill in the blanks or who is this a picture of) and then you're just watching for 5 minutes to see if the contestants can get them. Plus I've never liked Armstrong.

Thread Information