Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Ongoing WWE Hall of Fame 2019 Discussion and Announcements *Spoilers*

Heel Champion

Status
      Country                    Wales

Re: Ongoing WWE Hall of Fame 2019 Discussion and Announcements *Spoilers*

So the race is on to find out who will be the first three time hall of famer
    I have a plan so cunning......

MADMIN KING

Status
      Country                    England

Quote Originally Posted by Jim View Post
    I don't have any problem with any of the six being inducted, but I still find it to be really stupid to induct factions when either some members have already been inducted or in the case of Triple H, you know he's going to get a solo induction. Considering Road Dogg is the SD writer and Billy Gunn is going to be working for AEW behind the scenes, it doesn't seem really necessary to induct them this year. HBK is already inducted. Triple H will be better to be inducted in a few years when he's ready to officially step away from the ring. That just leaves Chyna and X-Pac. Induct them both this year and actually focus on them rather than making it be all about HBK and HHH.
    Triple H is management so it could be a long time before he ever goes in in a Vince McMahon type situation, Michaels is already in and everyone else just isn't a big enough deal to even be a semi-main event inductee. This is a headline act in a year where if you read between the lines of how late this announcement has been made in relation to other years, and with people like Taker and Jericho taking their business elsewhere, I think they've struggled to book a headliner for this show. The end goal of this show is still to sell tickets.

If it was Evolution where it's a 2 years stable and all 4 men had great careers outside of stuff in the faction and would be headline inductees all on their own, I'd agree with you. But this is DX, WWE's biggest ever faction where less than half the act became main event stars. It's impossible for guys like Road Dogg and Billy Gunn to have an induction that didn't focus heavily on being in DX, so you might as well let them have this without the need for them to be in on their own. Also posthumous inductions can be really hit and miss when it comes to the speeches, and I think including Chyna as part of DX really gets around some of the headaches of putting her in on her own. I think it's a really sensible decision here from WWE.

Quote Originally Posted by Ed View Post
    It's impossible for guys like Road Dogg and Billy Gunn to have an induction that didn't focus heavily on being in DX, so you might as well let them have this without the need for them to be in on their own.
    At the same time, The New Age Outlaws were one of the biggest tag team acts of the last 30 years. Despite being worthy of being inducted into the HOF at any time, now they're being forced to share the spotlight with one guy already in the HOF, another one that will be a headliner whenever he's inducted on his own, a deceased woman who is naturally going to be getting a lot of attention particularly from people online, and X-Pac ( ).

Seems like a pretty shitty deal for The New Age Outlaws.

I'm cool with inducting factions if they're comparable to The Fabulous Freebirds and it's incredibly unlikely any member of the Freebirds will be inducted again, but in cases like The Four Horsemen, DX, or in the future the nWo, I'm never going to be a fan.

WC Hall Of Famer

Status
      Country                    United States

Good for him, long overdue.

Banner credit: Booty

Rest in power, Flock U
    Rest in power, TCON

Team Cyrus T is Best for Business

Quote Originally Posted by Ed
    Stop the hating of the E-Feds. If you don't like something, that's fine, just ignore it and let the people who do enjoy what they're here on WC to do. Mocking them to make you feel less of a geek for being on a geek on a wrestling forum is lame. If you want to not read their posts, I can fix that for you.

MADMIN KING

Status

That's one of those where I'm a little stunned he hadn't gone in yet. I guess we're getting a sing-song again this year.

3rd Degree WC HallofFamer

Status

Quote Originally Posted by Jimmy King View Post

Good for him, long overdue.
    He had turned it down for so long wonder what changed. They should get Bischoff to induct him

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Spoiler:

Squash Fodder

Status

Quote Originally Posted by JakeYourBooty
    He had turned it down for so long wonder what changed. They should get Bischoff to induct him
    Before it was scheduling conflicts.

Team Canada

Status
      Country                    Canada

Quote Originally Posted by JakeYourBooty View Post

I assume Jimmy Hart will induct him

King EC

Status

Yeah, Honky is definitely one of those you'd just assume was already in.
    ​​​​​​​​ 2019 King of Wrestling Clique

HOW ABOUT YOU READ THESE THINGS?

WC's Greatest Superstars in WWE History
    Burn It Down!: The Top 25 Matches of Seth Rollins' Career

Spoiler:

Heel Champion

Status
      Country                    Wales

Can DDP bring him out in the Pink Cadillac pleaaaaasssseee? Plus another to guitar poor Elias?
    I have a plan so cunning......

WC Hall Of Famer

Status

The Bischoff comment is a joke because on his podcast with Conrad Thompson, Bischoff gave his opinion Honky Tonk Man and he didn’t have anything nice to say about the guy. Honky does seem like one of those old, bitter curmudgeons but despite that he deserves to go in imo. Plus, I like his theme music.

I can see his real life cousin Jerry Lawler inducting him or possibly Jimmy Hart.

Banner credit: Booty

Rest in power, Flock U
    Rest in power, TCON

Team Cyrus T is Best for Business

Quote Originally Posted by Ed
    Stop the hating of the E-Feds. If you don't like something, that's fine, just ignore it and let the people who do enjoy what they're here on WC to do. Mocking them to make you feel less of a geek for being on a geek on a wrestling forum is lame. If you want to not read their posts, I can fix that for you.

Established Veteran

Status

Happy that DX are getting inducted but didn’t expect them to headline. Great to have them all going in, no issues with them headlining. Expected a solo induction like Rock or Taker to headline but they will spread this out over the next couple of years for big names.

DX are one of my all time fave factions. Only way for X-Pac and Chyna going in so I don’t mind. HBK now a two time HOF’er. He could be a three time Hall of Famer if they induct The Rockers in a few years. HHH’s first time but obviously won’t be his last. His solo run, plus Evolution will go in as a faction so he’ll be a three time HOF’er along with Flair in a few years.

I thought The Hart Foundation(Bret, Neidhart & Jimmy Hart) we’re going in? Now does this still mean they’re going in this year?

I was never a fan of The HTM, hated the longest ever IC title reign. Long overdue induction though. Really want to see Sid, Kamala and Rick Martel inducted for this year’s HOF class.

Last edited by Kintaro; 02-28-2019 at 10:31 AM.

Weird Bitch Energy

Status

Quote Originally Posted by Jim View Post
    Similarly as 2008 with Ric Flair, I find the idea of inducting someone multiple times just to induct a tag team or faction to be fairly stupid. Neidhart would have been a perfectly fine low level induction and you could have still have Bret and Jimmy Hart be the ones to induct him to get them involved.

Going to have to agree with this 100x. The idea that you can be a two-time Hall Of Famer is just absurd to me. Certainly any factions and teams you were a part of factored into your first HOF win.

Status

WWE has announced that Torrie Wilson is being inducted into the WWE Hall Of Fame.

FANTASY SPORTS CHAMPIONSHIPS
    BASEBALL: 2014 | FOOTBALL: 2016 | BASKETBALL: 2017-18, 2018-19

Status

Roll tide - Conrad Thompson

Status

Quote Originally Posted by Necro View Post
    Roll tide - Conrad Thompson
    Came here to say that as well.

Spoiler:

Status

Quote Originally Posted by JakeYourBooty View Post
    Came here to say that as well.

*insert Tony Schiavone creepy comment*

That guy might be the most horned up man ever.

Status

Quote Originally Posted by Necro View Post
    *insert Tony Schiavone creepy comment*

That guy might be the most horned up man ever.
    Yeah I don’t listen to that one I could stand Schiavone

Spoiler:

Quote Originally Posted by Kintaro View Post
    DX are one of my all time fave factions. Only way for X-Pac and Chyna going in so I don’t mind. HBK now a two time HOF’er. He could be a three time Hall of Famer if they induct The Rockers in a few years. HHH’s first time but obviously won’t be his last. His solo run, plus Evolution will go in as a faction so he’ll be a three time HOF’er along with Flair in a few years.
    I disagree. X-Pac could have been inducted in any year. Granted, he wouldn't have been one of the main inductions, but I don't see anything stopping him from being a solid pick for being one of the first to be inducted in the HOF special. Chyna was another one that could be inducted at any time once Triple H and Stephanie decide that their kids can handle Googling Chyna.

I don't see any situation for The Rockers being inducted. The moment the WWE is forced to induct The Rockers just to have HBK be inducted yet again is the moment that the HOF needs to be restructured because they're clearly inducting too many wrestlers at one time.

I wouldn't be too confident about Evolution. There's a possibility of it, but Batista is able to be inducted at any time and I don't know how much longer Orton will be wrestling. He's someone I can see the WWE immediately inducting after his retirement. So that's two separate years in relying on an Evolution member to sell a HOF. Maybe this is a morbid assumption, but I think the chances of an Evolution induction drastically decreases after Ric Flair's death.
    ----

As for Torrie Wilson, forget about her being one of the least accomplished HOF'ers ever, ultimately accomplishments do not matter. It just feels tone deaf for this era. We're now in an era where the WWE is trying hard to make people treat women's wrestling seriously, meanwhile, Torrie was literally an example of a T&A Diva who was only notable in bra & panties matches, gravy boat matches, ect without ever really going after the Women's Title. Bless her, Torrie may be the nicest girl around, but she represents everything the women of the WWE currently has been fighting against being portrayed as. In her entire WWE run, she had one lone WWE Women's Title shot and that was just some random filler match for Molly back before the WWE gave up on having the Women's Champion work Smackdown as well as Raw. I get that the HOF is about selling tickets so it's less likely for them to induct the likes of The Glamour Girls, The Jumping Bomb Girls, or Bull Nakano, but what about inducting someone who actually was treated as a wrestler? If Paige's career is really over, fuck it, induct her. If she's not on bad terms with the WWE, induct Victoria.

[Speak Like A Child]

Status

If I could give the induction a positive, there was a good two year period where every women's angle on Smackdown pretty much revolved around Torrie. You could make an argument for her being the most important/over woman in Smackdown history prior to the Women's Revolution.

But yeah, as Jim mentioned it comes across as completely tone deaf today when you consider why she was popularm

Sent from my E5823 using Tapatalk

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread Information