Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Ongoing WWE Hall of Fame 2019 Discussion and Announcements *Spoilers*

Established Veteran

Status
      Country                    Wales

Re: Ongoing WWE Hall of Fame 2019 Discussion and Announcements *Spoilers*

So the race is on to find out who will be the first three time hall of famer
    I have a plan so cunning......

The Cream In Your Coffee

Status
      Country                    England

Quote Originally Posted by Jim View Post
    I don't have any problem with any of the six being inducted, but I still find it to be really stupid to induct factions when either some members have already been inducted or in the case of Triple H, you know he's going to get a solo induction. Considering Road Dogg is the SD writer and Billy Gunn is going to be working for AEW behind the scenes, it doesn't seem really necessary to induct them this year. HBK is already inducted. Triple H will be better to be inducted in a few years when he's ready to officially step away from the ring. That just leaves Chyna and X-Pac. Induct them both this year and actually focus on them rather than making it be all about HBK and HHH.
    Triple H is management so it could be a long time before he ever goes in in a Vince McMahon type situation, Michaels is already in and everyone else just isn't a big enough deal to even be a semi-main event inductee. This is a headline act in a year where if you read between the lines of how late this announcement has been made in relation to other years, and with people like Taker and Jericho taking their business elsewhere, I think they've struggled to book a headliner for this show. The end goal of this show is still to sell tickets.

If it was Evolution where it's a 2 years stable and all 4 men had great careers outside of stuff in the faction and would be headline inductees all on their own, I'd agree with you. But this is DX, WWE's biggest ever faction where less than half the act became main event stars. It's impossible for guys like Road Dogg and Billy Gunn to have an induction that didn't focus heavily on being in DX, so you might as well let them have this without the need for them to be in on their own. Also posthumous inductions can be really hit and miss when it comes to the speeches, and I think including Chyna as part of DX really gets around some of the headaches of putting her in on her own. I think it's a really sensible decision here from WWE.

Quote Originally Posted by Ed View Post
    It's impossible for guys like Road Dogg and Billy Gunn to have an induction that didn't focus heavily on being in DX, so you might as well let them have this without the need for them to be in on their own.
    At the same time, The New Age Outlaws were one of the biggest tag team acts of the last 30 years. Despite being worthy of being inducted into the HOF at any time, now they're being forced to share the spotlight with one guy already in the HOF, another one that will be a headliner whenever he's inducted on his own, a deceased woman who is naturally going to be getting a lot of attention particularly from people online, and X-Pac ( ).

Seems like a pretty shitty deal for The New Age Outlaws.

I'm cool with inducting factions if they're comparable to The Fabulous Freebirds and it's incredibly unlikely any member of the Freebirds will be inducted again, but in cases like The Four Horsemen, DX, or in the future the nWo, I'm never going to be a fan.

Thread Information