Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: WWE Elimination Chamber 2019 - WWE Championship Elimination Chamber

Fearless University

Status
      Country                    New Zealand

Re: WWE Elimination Chamber 2019 - WWE Championship Elimination Chamber

I want to see Bryan lose this match simply for the fact he has zero interesting feud options for WrestleMania. The most credible babyface he could face right now that isn't AJ Styles (that feud needs to finally die) is Mustaffa Ali, and thats not a WrestleMania World Title match.

Thanks to Jabberwocky for the amazing Gabrielle gif

Quote Originally Posted by ETE View Post
    I want to see Bryan lose this match simply for the fact he has zero interesting feud options for WrestleMania. The most credible babyface he could face right now that isn't AJ Styles (that feud needs to finally die) is Mustaffa Ali, and thats not a WrestleMania World Title match.
    And then what? Out of the other five guys, who does have a potential Wrestlemania worthy WWE World Title match?

Fearless University

Status

I dont neccesarily have the answer. SDL have pissed away and wasted what should have been a great roster. How you can have Orton, Bryan, Miz, Joe, AJ, Rusev, Nakamura, Mysterio, Almas, Jeff Hardy on one one roster yet produce nothing except a bunch of shitty AJ Styles feuds that drag on forever is beyond me.

Put the belt on Joe here and have he and Bryan feud until Mania. Put it on Orton and finally do that Orton v Styles feud WWE seem intent on not doing.

Bryan doesn't have any interesting options right now. Maybe if they hadn't of treated Mysterio and Hardy like irrelevant jobbers they could have been put into a Mania Title match.

Quote Originally Posted by ETE View Post
    I dont neccesarily have the answer. SDL have pissed away and wasted what should have been a great roster. How you can have Orton, Bryan, Miz, Joe, AJ, Rusev, Nakamura, Mysterio, Almas, Jeff Hardy on one one roster yet produce nothing except a bunch of shitty AJ Styles feuds that drag on forever is beyond me.

Put the belt on Joe here and have he and Bryan feud until Mania. Put it on Orton and finally do that Orton v Styles feud WWE seem intent on not doing.

Bryan doesn't have any interesting options right now. Maybe if they hadn't of treated Mysterio and Hardy like irrelevant jobbers they could have been put into a Mania Title match.
    I don't know how popular he is anymore, but the first name I thought of to have Bryan defend the WWE Title against at Mania was Braun Strowman. Since who knows what Braun is doing at Mania, him jumping to Smackdown and coming out at the end of Elimination Chamber to stare down Bryan could be fun. Not only is it a fresh match, but there's the extra interest in Erick Rowan being at ringside. With how much Braun has been jerked around the Universal Title division, the WWE could finally just make Braun a World Champion before he's forever ruined as being labeled a Lex Luger-like choker.

Fearless University

Status

I'm beyond bored of Braun at this point, but I'm not against that idea. Its fresh, its a big WM calibre match, and Braun could finally win the World Title and stop being that big lumbering oaf that squashes everyone on Raw but chokes in every single match that has any importance or relevance.

I gotta say though its impressive how WWE managed to waste a stacked SmackDown roster so well.

The Cream In Your Coffee

Status
      Country                    England

I don't agree with Smackdown has wasted talent. Charlotte and Becky are involved in the hottest angle in the company, Bryan is the most over male superstar in the company, Ali they did a great job with settling him in and the unforeseen injury hurts the match, AJ and Orton always get great reactions from the crowd and are main event caliber guys, Joe is only ever one promo away from getting his aura back, Andrade and Rey have been having some of the best matches in the company in recent times which got a lot of attention, I don't really like the overuse of Shane McMahon, but adding Miz into the tag title mix has freshened up the uninteresting strangle hold the Usos and New Day had on the division. Whenever I hear about what people like about WWE, more often than not it seems to come from the SD side of things rather than Raw. Raw's male singles scene is a joke compared to SD. In one episode of SD they got me to really buy into Kofi as a WWE title contender, that's an example of a good use of talent rather than a waste. The big waste for me was taking the US title off of Rusev for R-Truth to set up some Nakamura/Rusev tag team, that seems like a backwards step for a lot of guys.

To me it's basic maths, if you have that many talented wrestlers on a stacked roster, some of them have to lose to others, some of them have to spend time away from the title picture. That's not gonna sit well with people who think people are getting buried if they lose two weeks in a row or don't appear on TV for a few weeks, but it is what it is. I do think WWE spent too much time Styles being in the title program and if they set up Bryan/Styles for mania it's a mistake, but almost any other match they set up is gonna feel fresh. If they set up Bryan Vs Mysterio for mania (my prediction) then I think that's an excellent addition to the show.

Braun Vs Bryan is a pretty lame idea Jim given A) they're on different brands and B) Braun's been dead as a main event act since last summer

Quote Originally Posted by Ed View Post
    Braun Vs Bryan is a pretty lame idea Jim given A) they're on different brands and B) Braun's been dead as a main event act since last summer
    Well gee golly, if only I had mentioned that he would jump to Smackdown in my post.

Hell, it's Wrestlemania. Do Raw vs Smackdown for that match. The draft is happening shortly after WM so the feud could continue once Braun is officially sent to SD. Besides, putting him in the WWE World Title match at Wrestlemania, and winning, would be an attempt to fix Braun rather than wasting him at yet another Wrestlemania.

The Cream In Your Coffee

Status
      Country                    England

Quote Originally Posted by Jim View Post
    Well gee golly, if only I had mentioned that he would jump to Smackdown in my post.

Hell, it's Wrestlemania. Do Raw vs Smackdown for that match. The draft is happening shortly after WM so the feud could continue once Braun is officially sent to SD. Besides, putting him in the WWE World Title match at Wrestlemania, and winning, would be an attempt to fix Braun rather than wasting him at yet another Wrestlemania.
    It's still lame even if you mentioned he'd swap brands in the post You sort of hurt the idea of having a draft in the first place if Braun can just challenge for the WWE title on a show he doesn't belong to weeks before the draft happens. To keep things logical Bryan's challenger has to come from the SD roster or a free agent if Cena's available.

I think it's too big a jump up for him anyway, I wouldn't even say he's in the top 5 babyfaces in the company anymore they've damaged him that much and beating Corbin tonight (again!) isn't gonna make him anymore ready for it. He's just not main event caliber anymore.

Fearless University

Status

Quote Originally Posted by Ed View Post
    I don't agree with Smackdown has wasted talent. Charlotte and Becky are involved in the hottest angle in the company, Bryan is the most over male superstar in the company, Ali they did a great job with settling him in and the unforeseen injury hurts the match, AJ and Orton always get great reactions from the crowd and are main event caliber guys, Joe is only ever one promo away from getting his aura back, Andrade and Rey have been having some of the best matches in the company in recent times which got a lot of attention, I don't really like the overuse of Shane McMahon, but adding Miz into the tag title mix has freshened up the uninteresting strangle hold the Usos and New Day had on the division. Whenever I hear about what people like about WWE, more often than not it seems to come from the SD side of things rather than Raw. Raw's male singles scene is a joke compared to SD. In one episode of SD they got me to really buy into Kofi as a WWE title contender, that's an example of a good use of talent rather than a waste. The big waste for me was taking the US title off of Rusev for R-Truth to set up some Nakamura/Rusev tag team, that seems like a backwards step for a lot of guys.

To me it's basic maths, if you have that many talented wrestlers on a stacked roster, some of them have to lose to others, some of them have to spend time away from the title picture. That's not gonna sit well with people who think people are getting buried if they lose two weeks in a row or don't appear on TV for a few weeks, but it is what it is. I do think WWE spent too much time Styles being in the title program and if they set up Bryan/Styles for mania it's a mistake, but almost any other match they set up is gonna feel fresh. If they set up Bryan Vs Mysterio for mania (my prediction) then I think that's an excellent addition to the show.

I mean it more in that we didn't really get many good feuds, I liked The Miz / Bryan feud personally, it was the first time in a while Miz wasn't treated like a complete joke (except the 2 minute burial in Australia) but most people seemed to hate that feud. Other than that SDL didn't really have any standout feuds since the draft. Most of the roster are in teh same spot now that they were 10 months ago. Joe, Orton, Nak, Rusev, Almas, Rey, etc are all just aimlessly floating around doing nothing but busy work. The only changes is Styles isn't Champ anymore (but still has dreadful never ending feuds), Bryan is a heel and Miz is a face. Nothings really happened for most of the roster since the draft.

Thread Information