Thread: Takuya Nomura

WAKE UP

Status

Takuya Nomura

Probably the most exciting young lion I can recall since Fujita Hayato. Despite only debuting in 2016, he's quickly become one of the most exciting guys to watch in Japan, through being a highly-skilled and hard-hitting little fucker.

In many ways he reminds me of young KENTA, going absolutely full-tilt against much bigger heavyweights and then getting crushed for his efforts (Big Japan is basically poor man's NOAH). Watch the tags with Suzuki against TT and Strong BJ, he is really awesome trying to prove himself against the big boys, and when he takes his lumps, man, he gets fucking wrecked.

His matches against other Junior peers like Abe and Shinobu are also really fun, hard-hitting matches but obviously more evenly worked.

Probably won't go that high, but I'd say he's the best Juniorweight in Japan right now.

Mr. Victory Through Guts

Status
      Country                    Hong Kong

Re: Takuya Nomura

Like his mentor Hideki, he has all the tools as one of the best in the world, but the talent isn't always there around him to have noteworthy "MOTY" style matches, but if you just look at his wrestling he's certainly one of the best in the world right now. He can take a beating as well as anyone, but when he gives back is when his passion shines through. (For example in the tag w/Abe vs. Sekimoto/Suzuki he was getting the crap beat out of him, he punches Suzuki right in the face & it's awesome moment)

You're right about him being similar to KENTA in terms of going against bigger guys with reckless abandon, but his actual style reminds me not just of Hideki, but even moreso pro-style Akira Maeda.

Considering he just had another banger against Abe I think he's a safe bet for my list. I rank him very highly among overall wrestlers at the moment.

We can tell other people about...having faith. What we had faith in. What we found important enough to fight for. It's not whether you were right or wrong, but how much faith you were willing to have, that decides the future~

Follow me on Twitter - @DylanZeroSky

Eastern Lariat - Japanese Wrestling (w/Dylan Fox (me) & Cagematch.net boss STRIGGA)

Check out our Patreon and support me please? 1/3/5 dollar tiers but any one is good! - The Eastern Lariat

Relentless Admin

Status
      Country                    England

I like him when I see him I just need to sit myself down one weekend and binge his stuff to get a better feel of if he's top 50.

WAKE UP

Status

Watched

Katsuhiko Nakajima & Masa Kiyamiya vs Hideyoshi Kamitani & Takuya Nomura, Riki Choshu Produce 10/7/18

A rare treat of inter-promotional beef - unfortunately a scarcity in Japan these days - and a really good showing for Nomura. He is a guy who really shines as the lowest ranked guy in a match taking it to the highest ranked, and him vs Nakajima was great stuff and probably the most exciting Nakajima has been since becoming an established main eventer. To be fair, everyone brought beat here, Kamitani was also awesome as the house of fire especially, but for the purpose of this thread I'd totally recommend it as a Nomura showcase. The finish was fucking savage.

Mr. Victory Through Guts

Status
      Country                    Hong Kong

I fucking loved that match & Nomura was arguably the highlight (everyone was great though). Top 10 match of 2018 IMO.

We can tell other people about...having faith. What we had faith in. What we found important enough to fight for. It's not whether you were right or wrong, but how much faith you were willing to have, that decides the future~

Follow me on Twitter - @DylanZeroSky

Eastern Lariat - Japanese Wrestling (w/Dylan Fox (me) & Cagematch.net boss STRIGGA)

Check out our Patreon and support me please? 1/3/5 dollar tiers but any one is good! - The Eastern Lariat

WAKE UP

Status

Okabayashi, Sekimoto & Hyodo vs Nomura, Kawakami & Kikuta, BJW 30/5/19

Good build up tag to the Ok vs Nomura title match. I don't think I've seen Hyodo before but he's a fun rookie in the same mould as his teammates - as wide as he is tall. I've said before Big Japan is basically pound shop NOAH, and that is still something that is fun, and that was the case here as everyone had a role to play, but ultimately it is built around Ok vs Nomura. Final run between those two was great with Nomura targetting Yuji's injured arm and Ok going full roid rage mode to destroy him. I'll have to make an effort to watch all the lead in tags before the title match.

TAKE THE DREAM~

Status
      Country                    England

The recent Okabayashi match was a great plus for Nomura. It was built around giving him a showcase and he more than delivered on that.

Thread Information