Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Games you never finished?

BIG KAIJU~

Status
      Country                    Puerto Rico

Games you never finished?

With all the talk about Kingdom Hearts 3 I really want to buy the previous games that I never finished. Back when the first one came out my PS2 Memory Card broke and Parents never replaced it for me. Granted I can't blame them because a few months later I was living in a Motel that was in 2008 and by then what they multiple games in in the story right? We were never rich, but I see now I truly did miss out on some classic games here.

Any Games fellow WC members you never finished whether the game broke on your quest towards the end, or a Game that was too hard to finish it made you rage quit and throw the Game out of the Window of your Bedroom?

Real Women of Genius

The place to see the best of best of Women's Wrestling from all over the World

God's Gift to God

Status

Re: Games you never finished?

All of them.

Relentless Admin

Status
      Country                    England

Probably half the games I've ever owned. I've never completed a fallout, elder scrolls or witcher game, I never completed FFXII despite owning it twice on two different consoles, nor FFVI or FFIV. Technically I've never 'completed' a COD game because I only buy them for online multiplayer. Games that require me to put in like 80 hours or something to complete just aren't going to happen once I got a job and didn't have the attention span or time for them.

No One

Status
      Country                    Canada

Quote Originally Posted by Coxatron View Post
    All of them.
    This. /endthread

The Only 2x WC HOF

Status

Far far too many. Trying not to buy any new games until I start to get through my backlog. Just don't have the time I used to have to play them all and new games come out so frequently that I'd buy. Steam was the best and worst thing to happen to my video gaming life.

Technically I've still not completed Skyrim or Oblivion despite putting a combined 500+ hours into both. Never got around to finishing the main storyline of either game.

Sent from my Moto E (4) Plus using Tapatalk

30 Days of WC Member's Choice - Coming Soon - PM me match suggestions

Shock Reviews Archive

The 100 Greatest WWE Matches (1986 - 1995) - Coming Soon

The 100 Greatest WWE Matches (1996 - 2005) - Completed

God's Gift to God

Status

Quote Originally Posted by Shock View Post
    Far far too many. Trying not to buy any new games until I start to get through my backlog. Just don't have the time I used to have to play them all and new games come out so frequently that I'd buy. Steam was the best and worst thing to happen to my video gaming life.

Technically I've still not completed Skyrim or Oblivion despite putting a combined 500+ hours into both. Never got around to finishing the main storyline of either game.

You aren't missing anything in the Bethesda games. It's always been strange to me how their main storylines are absolute garbage and not even worth the time and how I actively avoid doing them until the absolute very end of my interest in the game.

The Only 2x WC HOF

Status

Quote Originally Posted by Coxatron View Post
    You aren't missing anything in the Bethesda games. It's always been strange to me how their main storylines are absolute garbage and not even worth the time and how I actively avoid doing them until the absolute very end of my interest in the game.
    Yeah I hate the main stories, very boring.

Until I downloaded a mod to make dragons rarer and more dangerous, I used to not even do the mission that triggered the random dragon encounters. They were far too tedious after a while.

Shock Reviews Archive

God's Gift to God

Status

Yeah I hate the main stories, very boring.

Until I downloaded a mod to make dragons rarer and more dangerous, I used to not even do the mission that triggered the random dragon encounters. They were far too tedious after a while.

I avoided the first dragon at Dragonreach for 150 hours before I even engaged the main quest. So all those fucks had to hang out for ages before I showed up to kill it.

I started another playthrough on PC a year ago that I modded the Christ out of but I haven't even really touched it since. I'll always love Skyrim but I kinda don't want to play it through again because I feel like my pure memories of it will be washed.

Cult of Fuji

Status
      Country                    us=United States

The Borderlands Pre-sequel is one I didnt finish the game is good but it's much better to do with friends. The Witcher 3. I played for like 9 hours and stopped and havent picked it up again. I have way to many to list but these are just off the too of my head. I havent finished the majority of thevAssasins creeds I started I got mostly through them and just stopped except for part 3 for some reason, I am thinking it was more because it dealt with the American Revolution maybe and games in that time period interest me for some reason. I have a ton I never completed.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

TEAM CYRUS

[Knockin' on Heaven's Door]

Status
      Country                    England

Hitmam Blood Money and Earthworm Jim 2 spring to mind, as I got to the last level in both and never actually finished them off.

Sent from my E5823 using Tapatalk

BIG KAIJU~

Status
      Country                    Puerto Rico

Quote Originally Posted by Postman Dave View Post
    Hitmam Blood Money and Earthworm Jim 2 spring to mind, as I got to the last level in both and never actually finished them off.

Sent from my E5823 using Tapatalk
    The last Hitman game I played was Silent Assassin which was in 2002. You know those Early Bomberman and DK games were frustrating as hell to beat. I swear if it wasn't for my Dad and my other Siblings collectively coming together with me no way we beat those games back then.

Real Women of Genius

The place to see the best of best of Women's Wrestling from all over the World

Status

Fallout 4 is the one that springs to mind. Plenty of others that I never finished the main storyline, but also didn't sink huge hours into them in the first place.

Witcher III I've started 3 times now and got partway into
    EVERY ENDING IS A NEW BEGINNING.
    YOUR LUCKY NUMBER IS NONE.
    YOUR LUCKY COLOUR IS DEAD.
    Motto:
    LIKE FATHER, LIKE SON.

The Only 2x WC HOF

Status

Yeah, Fallout 4 on my list too. Such a disappointing game, but I suppose it did convince me not to buy Fallout 76 on day 1, which turned out to be a good choice.

Shock Reviews Archive

God's Gift to God

Status

I loved Fallout 4. It's always been fascinating to me to see how split the audience is on it. By no means saying people have to like it but outside of the terrible main story (common in Bethesda games) I found it to be quite fun.

Status

I definitely enjoyed Fallout 4. Its not that I disliked the game. I just got too caught up on doing side shit and building settlements. So many hours spent grinding away at gathering materials to make giant concrete walls around every-fucking-thing.
    EVERY ENDING IS A NEW BEGINNING.
    YOUR LUCKY NUMBER IS NONE.
    YOUR LUCKY COLOUR IS DEAD.
    Motto:
    LIKE FATHER, LIKE SON.

God's Gift to God

Status

The settlement building was actually my biggest disappointment. It wasn't nearly as exciting as I thought and after a while I didn't give a fuck if they were attacked.

That should have been the first Fallout multiplayer. Just a fleshed out base builder where you could bank a bunch of defenses or even make it like a maze and people could join up and tackle it. There's games like this. That and straight up co-op is all it needs. Fuck this 76 2015 out-of-date survival bullshit.

The Only 2x WC HOF

Status

Fallout 4 is a mediocre video game, and a terrible Fallout game. The quests are almost all unremarkable, there's no meaningful choices, and it felt like a game where all the fun and humour had been sucked out of it.

Shock Reviews Archive

God's Gift to God

Status

When is there ever meaningful choices in a Bethesda game, though? They all follow the same plotline basically and aren't really decision driven. I guess I can see it from the POV that it's more of an FPS than an RPG but I kinda liked that feel on top of the setting.

The Only 2x WC HOF

Status

It's more the quests that had branching stories and endings. Like the Ghouls in Tenpenny Tower, or the Cannibals on the Strip. Interesting side quests with good characters and multiple solutions. FO4 seemed to lack that.

Shock Reviews Archive

God's Gift to God

Status

It's more the quests that had branching stories and endings. Like the Ghouls in Tenpenny Tower, or the Cannibals on the Strip. Interesting side quests with good characters and multiple solutions. FO4 seemed to lack that.

Ahh gotcha. Yeah I don't disagree that it's definitely missing that dynamic. I also haven't played this since beating it in like 2016 so I might feel differently now. I don't think it was perfect by any means.

Hell, if anything it might prove to be the real beginning of Bethesda's decline. That game was REALLY split and then they go into this Fallout 76 garbage and hit the ground face first. I'm in the early stages of actually being nervous about Elder Scrolls. Probably still an instabuy but with a little tugging of the collar.

Thread Information