Thread: Former SmackDown GM Paige looking to become a manager

Status
      Country                    United States

WWE Former SmackDown GM Paige looking to become a manager

Although her days as an in-ring performer are over, former WWE Divas Champion Paige still has a bright future in front of her. In December 2017, her in-ring career ended when she was in a six-woman tag match back at a live event that needed to be called off after she took a hard kick to the back.

It led to WWE pulling her from the ring and set up further testing that eventually ended once it was decided that she would not be cleared by WWE doctors to wrestle again. Paige then made a transition from an in-ring competitor to a manager and later the General Manager of SmackDown Live.

Now that the role of GM is over, she is looking to become a manager and expressed this desire during a recent interview with Sky Sports.

“At this point, I don’t know. Should I put it out in the universe again? I wanna be a manager for somebody,” she stated. “I don’t know who but I would love to do that. If that’s not the case then, I don’t know, I just want to be part of the company. I love this company. I just like to talk a lot. I don’t know if I’m any good at it, but I’ll give it a try.”

Source: https://wrestlingnews.co
    Who would you guys like to see Paige manage?

Status

Re: Former SmackDown GM Paige looking to become a manager

The WWE having MANAGERS? How novel.

Seems like a good use for her, TBH. Loads of options for guys who don't get to talk much. Or ladies, for that matter.
    EVERY ENDING IS A NEW BEGINNING.
    YOUR LUCKY NUMBER IS NONE.
    YOUR LUCKY COLOUR IS DEAD.
    Motto:
    LIKE FATHER, LIKE SON.

Relentless Admin

Status
      Country                    England

They should of never taken the GM role away from her; I get they needed to take her off TV for a bit to do media for her movie but there were better ways to do it than to fire her from that position and then find some other use for a talent you want to keep under contract. Her life the past few years has been a tragic one and it really can't be easy for her to work for WWE while the women are now the main focus, so to move her again from a role she was doing well with and getting some semblance of TV work and live audience interaction to being not apart of the shows again for another Wrestlemania season feels like a shit move on management's part.

I'm not sure what kind of manager she'd be like but I wasn't blown away with the Absolution stuff. That would still be preferable to my fear they'd want her to be the SD female commentator because as much as I love the girl, she's a rambler when she talks and 2 hours of that doesn't sound too great.

Status

Quote Originally Posted by Ed View Post
    They should of never taken the GM role away from her; I get they needed to take her off TV for a bit to do media for her movie but there were better ways to do it than to fire her from that position and then find some other use for a talent you want to keep under contract. Her life the past few years has been a tragic one and it really can't be easy for her to work for WWE while the women are now the main focus, so to move her again from a role she was doing well with and getting some semblance of TV work and live audience interaction to being not apart of the shows again for another Wrestlemania season feels like a shit move on management's part.

I'm not sure what kind of manager she'd be like but I wasn't blown away with the Absolution stuff. That would still be preferable to my fear they'd want her to be the SD female commentator because as much as I love the girl, she's a rambler when she talks and 2 hours of that doesn't sound too great.
    Saw someone mention Drew McIntyre as their idea for her to manage. I think that would be an awesome combination.

Them taking away her GM role was the most ass backwards decision. Literally no one was complaining about her, or Smackdown really. The whole issue was Raw. So they take something people liked, made no sense.

Say My Name

Status

I'd like her to be GM of the women's division on both shows. She's clearly good in the roll and she was a trail-blazer in the division so I think it could work. Unfortunately with this focus on the McMahons I don't see it happening any time soon.
    BTB Achievements
    WWE: The New Vision

Spoiler:

On Vacation

Status
      Country                    Puerto Rico

Yeah no one talent stands out to me to be honest. Drew to me is fine on his own and he does well with his talking.

I'm sure whoever she manages she'll do fine in the role, but I'm not gonna lie and say she wasn't perfect in her role as SD GM because she was.

Scumbag Role Model

Status

I think after doing the GM job and getting more comfortable having to act more she could totally pull off being a manager these days.
    -------
    Quote Originally Posted by RaiZ-R View Post
    What the fuck is happening to you guys? I once got a blowjob where she used her teeth a little bit too much and I ended up with a bloody dick, I still enjoyed the blowjob up to the point I started bleeding. I can honestly say that I have never had anything I would call a bad blowjob, that wasn't a great experience but up until I started gushing blood I was having a great time!
    Spoiler:

Fearless University

Status
      Country                    New Zealand

Yeah they shouldn't have dropped her as SDL GM. She was doing well, she was still a fun character and wasn't being used to overshadow anyone.

I personally think her and Corbin could be a good partnership.

The Mayor of Slamtown

Status

Corbin can talk, though. He's not the best, but he's not the type to get a mouthpiece.

Putting her with Luke Harper on his return wouldnt be a bad call nor would Benjamin.

Chikara Trainee

Status

Aleister Black sticks out to me. It's best if Black does not speak but there needs to be some promos. Bring him in officially after WrestleMania and pair him up with Paige.

[Knockin' on Heaven's Door]

Status

I like the Harper and Black suggestions

Corbin can draw enough heat on his own, and Drew also doesn't need a mouthpiece. Benjamin is just plain random though ;

Sent from my E5823 using Tapatalk

Fearless University

Status

A manager doesn’t necessarily need to manage someone who can’t cut a promo. Edge and Lita are the best wrestler/manager pairing WWE has had since forever and Edge was fantastic on the mic. Same thing with Rusev/Lana and Miz/Maryse, those particular wrestlers don’t need a mouthpiece, they’re good/ great on the mic but the manager completes their gimmick.

I just feel like Corbin and Paige would be a good fit.
    Last edited by ETE; 02-02-2019 at 07:14 PM.

I LOOOOOOOVE YOU

Status

Good thing you put Former Smackdown GM in the title of else I’d have no idea what Page you are talking about

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

[Knockin' on Heaven's Door]

Status

Quote Originally Posted by ETE View Post
    A manager doesn’t necessarily need to manage someone who can’t cut a promo. Edge and Lita are the best wrestler/manager pairing WWE has had since forever and Edge was fantastic on the mic. Same thing with Rusev/Lana and Miz/Maryse, those particular wrestlers don’t need a mouthpiece, they’re good/great on the mic but the manager completes their gimmick.

I just feel like Corbin and Paige would be a good fit.
    I don't disagree with what you're saying. However, with Corbin I'm just not convinced adding Paige to his act is what's gonna improve him.

Fearless University

Status

Quote Originally Posted by Postman Dave View Post
    I don't disagree with what you're saying. However, with Corbin I'm just not convinced adding Paige to his act is what's gonna improve him.

I just feel like their personalities would mesh well. Corbins a bigger, bald version of her boyfriend.

Whereas someone like Black needs to be left alone, in that he works better if he never talks, but also is a loner. It wont work in WWE they'll make him talk, they love giving 10 minute promo segments to their wrestlers who cant and shouldn't talk. But I feel like Blacks an act that needs to be by himself. Harper and Paige dont seem like they'd fit at all.

Status

Quote Originally Posted by Postman Dave View Post

Corbin said he was getting head tattoos soon. Bam Bam Bigelow 2.0

I could see a cool combo between him, and her.

Thread Information