Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 21 to 32 of 32

Thread: Hideo Itami granted WWE Release?

  1. #21
    The Planet's Admin

    Ed's Avatar

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Dudley, England
    Posts
    36,011
    Rep Power
    2196343
      Country                    England

    Re: Hideo Itami granted WWE Release?

    Caught that last night, was a really nice insight into life for Hideo in WWE. Seems weird how WWE seemed to be pushing him on the brand right up to the week he left, I wonder at what point he asked to leave.

  2. #22
    TAKE THE DREAM~

    MC 16's Avatar

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Jul 2016
    Location
    The Lesnar Farm
    Posts
    6,897
    Rep Power
    752025
      Country                    England

    Re: Hideo Itami granted WWE Release?

    Quote Originally Posted by Ed View Post
    Caught that last night, was a really nice insight into life for Hideo in WWE. Seems weird how WWE seemed to be pushing him on the brand right up to the week he left, I wonder at what point he asked to leave.
    Edit read this wrong. He probably asked for it after the Rumble. I imagine it was on a bucket list of what he wanted to do and when he did it, he thought "that'll do". It came quite suddenly tbh.

    If I was to say why he asked for his release, I would say that it was probably a culmination of things. Like the video showed, he missed authentic Sushi, and I imagine he would miss other stuff. Him going back to NOAH last year probably triggered him being home sick too. His age and how far he could go in his career could be big influences.
    Last edited by MC 16; 02-05-2019 at 11:48 AM.

  3. #23
    The Planet's Admin

    Ed's Avatar

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Dudley, England
    Posts
    36,011
    Rep Power
    2196343
      Country                    England

    Re: Hideo Itami granted WWE Release?



    God damn

  4. #24
    Scumbag Role Model
    Tennessee Nicky's Avatar

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Tennessee
    Posts
    47,058
    Rep Power
    1337091
      Country                    United States

    Re: Hideo Itami granted WWE Release?

    Holy shit. That is insane

    Can’t wait to see him wrestle Gage and lose to a cradle.
    -------
    Quote Originally Posted by RaiZ-R View Post
    What the fuck is happening to you guys? I once got a blowjob where she used her teeth a little bit too much and I ended up with a bloody dick, I still enjoyed the blowjob up to the point I started bleeding. I can honestly say that I have never had anything I would call a bad blowjob, that wasn't a great experience but up until I started gushing blood I was having a great time!
    Spoiler:


  5. #25
    The Planet's Admin

    Ed's Avatar

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Dudley, England
    Posts
    36,011
    Rep Power
    2196343
      Country                    England

    Re: Hideo Itami granted WWE Release?

    Everyone fantasy booking him going back to NOAH or stepping foot in New Japan or AEW and nope KENTA takes his first booking back with the lads from Game Changer

    This is a crazy time to be a fan with wrestlers moving all about the place.

  6. #26

    The EC's Avatar

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Texas
    Posts
    8,967
    Rep Power
    829357
      Country                    United States

    Re: Hideo Itami granted WWE Release?

    Yeah I've been meaning to look into it but like... what is GCW? What's their deal? They host the Spring Breaks and held that Orange Cassidy event recently right?

  7. #27
    Big Papa's Avatar

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    15,055
    Rep Power
    395396

    Re: Hideo Itami granted WWE Release?

    Quote Originally Posted by The EC View Post
    Yeah I've been meaning to look into it but like... what is GCW? What's their deal? They host the Spring Breaks and held that Orange Cassidy event recently right?
    Someone with a stronger connection to current-day indy companies might be able to go further, but they are a Jersey-based indy. Been around since 1999, and were Jersey Championship Wrestling until 2015. They were bought out renamed. Seems like they've always had some solid indy guys on the roster, and seem to have a hardcore slant to the product. But they do the ironic, fun wrestling really well.
    EVERY ENDING IS A NEW BEGINNING.
    YOUR LUCKY NUMBER IS NONE.
    YOUR LUCKY COLOUR IS DEAD.
    Motto:
    LIKE FATHER, LIKE SON.



  8. #28

    The EC's Avatar

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Texas
    Posts
    8,967
    Rep Power
    829357
      Country                    United States

    Re: Hideo Itami granted WWE Release?

    Quote Originally Posted by Big Papa View Post
    Someone with a stronger connection to current-day indy companies might be able to go further, but they are a Jersey-based indy. Been around since 1999, and were Jersey Championship Wrestling until 2015. They were bought out renamed. Seems like they've always had some solid indy guys on the roster, and seem to have a hardcore slant to the product. But they do the ironic, fun wrestling really well.
    Right, I was just wondering if it was a situation where like a wrestler could use their name and resources as a vehicle to promote their own event, or if it was more like GCW used the wrestler's names as part of a gimmick or for a draw.

  9. #29
    Big Papa's Avatar

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    15,055
    Rep Power
    395396

    Re: Hideo Itami granted WWE Release?

    Quote Originally Posted by The EC View Post
    Right, I was just wondering if it was a situation where like a wrestler could use their name and resources as a vehicle to promote their own event, or if it was more like GCW used the wrestler's names as part of a gimmick or for a draw.
    I think its more the latter. With Janela, it might be co-promoting to some degree but I've never been super clear on that.
    EVERY ENDING IS A NEW BEGINNING.
    YOUR LUCKY NUMBER IS NONE.
    YOUR LUCKY COLOUR IS DEAD.
    Motto:
    LIKE FATHER, LIKE SON.



  10. #30
    Scumbag Role Model
    Tennessee Nicky's Avatar

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Tennessee
    Posts
    47,058
    Rep Power
    1337091
      Country                    United States

    Re: Hideo Itami granted WWE Release?

    They were definitely a death match focused promotion and still have focus on that but they have started to shake that stigma a bit by offering more variety and have had some great minds in the business assist them.

    That and everyone needed a place to go when CZW continued to embarrass themselves.
    -------
    Quote Originally Posted by RaiZ-R View Post
    What the fuck is happening to you guys? I once got a blowjob where she used her teeth a little bit too much and I ended up with a bloody dick, I still enjoyed the blowjob up to the point I started bleeding. I can honestly say that I have never had anything I would call a bad blowjob, that wasn't a great experience but up until I started gushing blood I was having a great time!
    Spoiler:


  11. #31
    The Planet's Admin

    Ed's Avatar

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Dudley, England
    Posts
    36,011
    Rep Power
    2196343
      Country                    England

    Re: Hideo Itami granted WWE Release?

    KENTA IN THE G1

    Ohhhhhh shit.

  12. #32
    TAKE THE DREAM~

    MC 16's Avatar

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Jul 2016
    Location
    The Lesnar Farm
    Posts
    6,897
    Rep Power
    752025
      Country                    England

    Re: Hideo Itami granted WWE Release?

    I'm excited for that. I fully expected him to go back to NOAH but guess not.

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •