Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Rasky Re-Books: WWF 2001 and The Invasion

Charismatic Enigma

Status
      Country                    United States

Rasky Re-Books: WWF 2001 and The Invasion

Quick little blurb here: I'm excited to finally get started on this! Someone (I really don't remember who) once said finding a good Invasion Booker is like finding Big Foot. Or something like that. So, maybe I can change my name on here to Big Foot if this as successful as I hope it can be.

Quick note: Mr. McMahon doesn't announce the purchase of WCW on the March 26th Raw. So the changes are coming right off the bat.

Cheers. ~

World Wrestling Federation Prepares For Victory
    World Championship Wrestling Bought Out and Extreme Championship Wrestling Closes Their Doors
    April 1st, 2001, 12:00:00 AM

Breaking news coming just meer hours before what should be an incredible WWF Wrestlemania X-Seven, World Championship Wrestling (WCW) has been sold to a secret buyer.

WCW was first established in the 1980’s as a small fish into an ocean of sharks. However, the Atlanta based company surprised everyone when they pulled out all of the stops a few years later to rival Vince McMahon and the World Wrestling Federation (WWF). Some of the biggest stars in WWF history like Hulk Hogan, “Macho Man” Randy Savage, Kevin Nash, and Scott Hall jumped ship from their quote on quote home to join the brand new wrestling company for more money and less dates to work. There would be a point in time where it seemed the WWF was going under, under an 84 week period where WCW’s Monday Night Nitro continuously won the ratings war versus their larger well-known opponents with WWF Raw is War previously known as WWF Monday Night Raw. Due to long-standing talent and production issues, along with their television deal expiring, WCW went up for sale in late 2000 and someone has finally paid the bills. The current number behind the sale of World Championship Wrestling is in the millions with the anonymous buyer being under the name Richard Morgan. There is currently no idea who this Richard Morgan is, but there will have to be a time where we do put a face to the name if WCW wants to make a comeback. For now, World Championship Wrestling will not be producing any shows as they search for a new home, but it provides time for the company to make a long-term plans.

WCW aired what will be the final episode of Monday Night Nitro on TNT last Monday March 26th. This is how it went down:

Booker T def. Scott Steiner to retain the WCW World Heavyweight and WCW United States Championship
    Rey Mysterio Jr. & Billy Kidman def. Shannon Moore & Evan Karagias and Kaz Hayashi & Yang
    Shane Helms def. Chavo Guerrero Jr. to retain the WCW Cruiserweight Championship
    Sean O’Haire & Chuck Palumbo def. Lance Storm & Mike Awesome to retain the WCW World Tag Team Championships
    Shawn Stasiak with Stacy Keibler def. Bam Bam Bigelow
    Rey Mysterio Jr. & Billy Kidman def. Elix Skipper & Kid Romero for the WCW Cruiserweight Tag Team Championships
    Sting def. Ric Flair

Along with that, just as World Championship Wrestling announced new ownership, Extreme Championship Wrestling (ECW) has officially closed their doors. Vincent McMahon, Chairman of the WWF, bought the Philadelphia based company and all of their assets as of this morning on the same day of his greatest creation: Wrestlemania. Many in the industry have called ECW a dying company for years with the final issue of the company being their money.

ECW’s held their final pay-per-view event, which ended up being their final televised event, on January 7th, 2001, apart of Guilty As Charged.

Cyrus & Jerry Lynn def. Joey Matthews & Christian York
    Danny Doring & Roadkill def. Hot Commodity (Julio Dinero & EZ Money) with Chris Hamrick and Elektra to retain the ECW World Tag Team Championships
    Nova def. Chris Hamrick with Elektra
    Tommy Dreamer def. C.W. Anderson in an I Quit Match
    The Unholy Alliance (Yoshihiro Tajiri & Mikey Whipwreck) with Sinister Minister def. Kid Kash & Super Crazy and The F.B.I (Little Guido & Tony Mamaluke) with Sal E. Graziano
    Simon and Swinger with Dawn Marie, The Blue Boy, and Jasmin St. Claire versus Balls Mahoney & Chilly Willy went to a No-Contest
    The Sandman def. Steve Corino with Jack Victory and Justin Credible with Francine for the ECW World Heavyweight Championship
    Rhyno def. The Sandman for the ECW World Heavyweight Championship
    Rob Van Dam def. Jerry Lynn with Cyrus

As of this writing, there is no announcements regarding the WWF signing any former ECW talents.

However, the WWF is focused more than ever as it seems they are in fact the last company standing at this point. They now head into Wrestlemania X-Seven with all the momentum in the world.

credit to battletank for the graphic

Charismatic Enigma

Status

Re: Rasky Re-Books: WWF 2001 and The Invasion

World Wrestling Federation Roster

Spoiler:

WWF Champions:

WWF Champion - “Stone Cold” Steve Austin
    WWF Intercontinental Champion - Chris Jericho
    WWF European Champion - Eddie Guerrero
    WWF World Tag Team Champion - Edge & Christian
    WWF Women’s Champion - Chyna
    WWF Hardcore Champion - Big Show
    WWF Light Heavyweight Champion - Crash Holly

WWF Male Talent:

Al Snow - Albert - “The One” Billy Gunn - Big Boss Man - The Big Show - Bradshaw
    Bubba Ray Dudley - Bull Buchanan - Chaz - Crash Holly - Chris Benoit - Chris Jericho
    Christian - D’Lo Brown - D-Von Dudley - Dean Malenko - Eddie Guerrero - Edge
    Essa Rios - Farooq - Funaki - The Goodfather - Grand Master Sexay - Hardcore Holly
    Haku - Jeff Hardy - Justin Credible - K-Kwik - Kane - Kurt Angle
    Matt Hardy - Perry Saturn - Raven - Rhyno - Rikishi (Injured) - The Rock
    “Stone Cold” Steve Austin - Scotty 2 Hotty (Injured) - Spike Dudley - Steve Blackman - Steven Richards - Taka Michinoku
    Tazz - Test - Tiger Ali Singh - Triple H - The Undertaker - Val Venis - X-Pac

WWF Female Talent:

Chyna - Ivory - Jacqueline - Lita - Molly Holly - Tori
    Trish Stratus

Tag Teams & Stables:

The APA - Bradshaw & Farooq
    Brothers of Destruction - Kane & The Undertaker
    The Dudley Boyz - Bubba Ray Dudley & D-Von Dudley
    Edge & Christian
    Grand Master Sexay & Steve Blackman
    Haku & Rikishi
    The Hardy Boyz - Jeff Hardy & Matt Hardy
    The Holly Cousins - Crash Holly, Hardcore Holly, and Molly Molly
    Kai En Tai - Funaki & Taka Michinoku
    Lo Down - Chaz, D’Lo Brown, and Tiger Ali Singh
    The Radicalz - Dean Malenko, Eddie Guerrero, and Perry Saturn
    Right To Censor - Bull Buchanan, The Goodfather, Ivory, Steven Richards, and Val Venis
    X-Factor - Albert, Justin Credible, and X-Pac

Other WWF Personnel:

Debra - Manager to The Rock
    Jim Ross - Play By Play Announcer of Raw is War | Head of WWF Talent Relations
    Jonathan Coachman - Backstage Interviewer
    Kevin Kelly - Backstage Interviewer
    Lilian Garcia - Ring Announcer for Raw is War | Backstage Interviewer on Smackdown
    Linda McMahon - CEO of the World Wrestling Federation (Currently On Medical Leave)
    Michael Cole - Play By Play Announcer of Smackdown | Backstage Interviewer on Raw is War
    Mick Foley
    Paul Heyman - Color Commenter of Raw is War and Smackdown
    Shane McMahon - Occasional Wrestler
    Stephanie McMahon-Hemsley - Valet to Triple H | Occasional Wrestler
    Terri Runnels - Valet to Perry Saturn
    Vince McMahon - Owner of the World Wrestling Federation | On Screen Authority Figure | Occasional Wrestler

Title History

Spoiler:

WWF Champion
    The Rock (6) | February 25th, 2001 - April 1st, 2001
    “Stone Cold” Steve Austin (5) | April 1st, 2001 - Present

WWF Intercontinental Champion
    Chris Benoit (3) | December 10th, 2000 - January 21st, 2001
    Chris Jericho (4) | January 21st, 2001 - Present

WWF European Champion
    Test (1) | January 22nd, 2001 - April 1st, 2001
    Eddie Guerrero (1) | April 1st, 2001 - Present

WWF World Tag Team Champions
    The Dudley Boyz (3) | March 19th, 2001 - April 1st, 2001
    Edge & Christian (7) | April 1st, 2001 - Present

WWF Women’s Champion
    Ivory (3) | November 2nd, 2000 - April 1st, 2001
    Chyna (1) | April 1st, 2001 - Present

WWF Hardcore Champion
    Raven (11) | Match 19th, 2001 - April 1st, 2001
    Kane (1) | April 1st, 2001 - April 2nd, 2001
    Raven (12) | April 2nd, 2001 - April 2nd, 2001
    Big Show (3) | April 2nd, 2001 - Present

WWF Light Heavyweight Champion
    Dean Malenko (2) | April 27th, 2000 - March 13th, 2001
    Crash Holly (1) | March 13th, 2001 - Present

Event History

Spoiler:

Raw is War History
    April 02, 2001 | Episode #410

Smackdown History

Pay Per View History
    WWF Wrestlemania X-Seven | April 1st, 2001
    WWF Backlash | April 29th, 2001
    WWF Insurrextion | May 5th, 2001
    Last edited by Rasky; 03-30-2019 at 11:13 PM.

To the letter of the law

Status
      Country                    Ireland

With a new WCW owner, I wonder how the Invasion will end up happening.

Anyway, 2000-mid 2001 is my favourite period ever as a fan. I’ve always believed the Invasion was doomed to fail, so it goes without saying that you’ve got a huge task on your hands to make this work. I’ll be following this closely though. You’ve got my attention straight away. Good luck, Big Foot!!
    Last edited by Wolf Beast; 01-29-2019 at 02:17 PM.

WWF- 1991 And Beyond

Status

Very excited for this. Really interesting first post, and you’ve got me hooked. I wonder who the mystery buyer is? I have a few guesses, but will save them for now. Will be following. Good luck brother!

WWF-1991 and Beyond-The Road to Summerslam takes one final stop with July's Saturday Night's Main Event!
    http://wrestlingclique.com/showthread.php?t=169069

Curtain Jerker

Status

Please don't turn Austin heel, Rasky; that was a huge mistake, IMO...

Have him have a beer with Vince, shake his hand, and then stun Vince...
    Last edited by LordByron; 01-29-2019 at 02:26 PM.

I’m Not Booked!

Status

Awesome! Very excited to see this up and running at last. The Invasion might have been the single biggest disappointment in wrestling history, but you've got plenty to work with if done right. I'll 100% be reading.

Maple Leaf Muscle

Status
      Country                    Canada

Looking forward to it Rasky, first post has me hooked!

BRAUUUUUUN

Status

good luck brother brother

"In Becky We Trust"

Charismatic Enigma

Status

WRESTLEMANIA X-SEVEN RESULTS
    APRIL 01, 2001
    FROM THE RELIANT ASTRODOME IN HOUSTON, TEXAS

Match # Result Match Time
    HEAT MATCH X-Factor (X-Pac and Justin Credible) with Albert def. Grand Master Sexay and Steve Blackman 02:46
    1 Chris Jericho def. William Regal to retain the WWF Intercontinental Championship 07:08
    2 Tazz and The APA (Bradshaw and Farooq) with Jacqueline def. Right To Censor (Bull Buchanan, The Goodfather, and Val Venis) with Steven Richards 03:52
    3 Kane def. Raven and Big Show in a Hardore Match for the WWF Hardcore Championship 09:17
    4 Eddie Guerrero with Perry Saturn def. Test for the WWF European Championship 08:30
    5 Kurt Angle def. Chris Benoit* 14:04
    6 Chyna def. Ivory for the WWF Women’s Championship 02:39
    7 Shane McMahon def. Mr. McMahon with Stephanie McMahon-Hemsley and Trish Stratus in a Street Fight with Special Guest Referee Mick Foley 14:12
    8 Edge & Christian def. The Dudley Boyz (Bubba Ray Dudley and D-Von Dudley) and The Hardy Boyz (Jeff Hardy and Matt Hardy) in a Tables, Ladders, and Chairs Match for the WWF Tag Team Championship 15:17
    9 The Iron Sheik won the Gimmick Battle Royal by last eliminating Hillbilly Jim 03:07
    10 The Undertaker def. Triple H 18:19
    11 “Stone Cold” Steve Austin def. The Rock in a No Disqualification Match for the WWF Championship** 28:08

* - After the match, Chris Benoit was shown struggling to get to his feet and had to be walked to the back by multiple referees as well as the medical staff.

** - Mr. McMahon helped "Stone Cold" Steve Austin defeat The Rock; The Rattlesnake and The Chairman shook hands to close Wrestlemania.

Fire Walk with Me

Status
      Country                    Great Britain

Really excited for this Rasky, can’t wait to see what you do with it. A lot of wasted potential in The Invasion angle and while there were some classic moments still (“Got Milk?”), I’m excited to see what classic moments you create. I hope you can make it dynamic, I always felt in real-life that while The Invasion took effect across the whole roster, the divisions outside of the main titles never really seemed to be capitalised on by legitimate threats. Nice timing to write Benoit off, obviously this will need a follow-up at some point but I’m thinking you’re going to side step him.

Haven’t really seen an Invasion diary get off the ground, so really looking forward to see if you can do it. Good luck!

Underdog

Status

I'm curious, that's for sure. An Invasion project where WWF seemingly haven't bought WCW. Curious to see how you move forward.

I definitely want to see a good Invasion project, but I also want to see one where it isn't every mega star ever in WCW coming along. It's a fun, interesting, but challenging, project. I definitely wish you luck.

Drink the Kool-Aid

Status

As others have said, looking forward to this, I know you've been planning this for awhile. You've got a lot of potential and this is a time period I've always wanted to see a successful BTB in.

Good luck, mate.

Status

Interesting time period, has me interested. It certainly wasn't anything great in reality, lets see how you can change that.

Jobber

Status

The fact you've had so many replies thus far shows you how excited people are for this era in WWE history and so am I, so I wish you luck for this. Just one thing though - please change the font. I can't speak for anyone else but I found the first two posts incredibly difficult to read and therefore off-putting.

Curtain Jerker

Status
      Country                    Croatia

Really interested in this. Also, I'm curious to see Austin's heel run in this project.

Charismatic Enigma

Status

Thanks for all the early feedback, it's nice seeing the overall excitement for this.

Regarding font, I'm interested hear any other thoughts. I tried out this one here to see if it's easier to follow while it kind of seems cartoonish IMO.

And shoutout to Keefmoon whose work is giving me the idea to breakdown the roster as well as allowing me to use the idea. Cheers.

World Wrestling Federation Superstar Breakdown

Al Snow
    Face. Spent the months leading into Wrestlemania campaigning for Mick Foley to get his job back. Mainly appears in the turmoil of a Hardcore Championship match. Rarely utilized now while hosting new MTV reality series Tough Enough.

Albert
    Heel. After a recent feud with former tag team partner Test, Albert has joined X-Factor as the enforcer for X-Pac and Justin Credible. Despite a marketable look and working well in the ring, he is mainly taking losses.

“The One” Billy Gunn
    Face. Mainly floating around but stays in the WWF Hardcore Championship picture as well as battling alongside Chyna versus Right To Censor.

Big Boss Man
    Heel. Currently injured. Rumored to be done inside of the ring.

The Big Show
    Heel. A former WWF Hardcore Champion. Has mainly been dominating that divsion.

Bradshaw
    Face. Battling alongside Farooq as The APA.

Bubba Ray Dudley
    Face. Battling alongside D-Von Dudley as The Dudley Boyz. Just lost the WWF World Tag Team Championships. Amongst the top teams in the WWF.

Bull Buchanan
    Heel. Member of Right To Censor. A glorified enforcer although a former WWF World Tag Team Champion.

Chaz
    Heel. Member of Lo Down. Managed by Tiger Ali Singh. Nothing more than a team to eat pinfalls.

Crash Holly
    WWF Light Heavyweight Champion. Face. Apart of The Holly Cousins. Member of the Light Heavyweight division.

Chris Benoit
    Face. Currently injured with a torn achilles. Expected to return near the end of 2001.

Chris Jericho
    WWF Intercontinental Champion. Face. One of the most popular wrestlers in WWF. Works the mic well and is a constant crowd favorite.

Christian
    WWF World Tag Team Champion. Heel. In a tag team with Edge. Considered to be one of the best tag teams in the company. Works well with anyone, thought of as the second fiddle compared to Edge. Light Heavyweight division eligible.

D’Lo Brown
    Heel. Member of Lo Down. Managed by Tiger Ali Singh. Nothing more than a team to eat pinfalls.

D-Von Dudley
    Face. Battling alongside Bubba Ray Dudley as The Dudley Boyz. Just lost the WWF World Tag Team Championships. Amongst the top teams in the WWF.

Dean Malenko
    Heel. Member of The Radicalz. Spent the beginning of 2001 trying to date Lita, but ended up being humiliated and lost to her. Recently lost the WWF Light Heavyweight Championship to Crash Holly. Member of the Light Heavyweight division.

Eddie Guerrero
    WWF European Champion. Heel. The leader of The Radicalz. Just beat Test to become WWF European Champion. Also just returned from an injury in February.

Edge
    WWF World Tag Team Champion. Heel. In a tag team with Christian. Considered to be one of the best tag teams in the company. Could be a big star on his own but works well alongside Christian.

Essa Rios
    Face. Member of the Light Heavyweight Division. Jobber.

Farooq
    Face. Battles alongside Bradshaw in The APA.

Funaki
    Heel. Member of Kai En Tai. A comedy team with potential based on crowd reaction and in-ring work. Unfortunately, they are around to take losses. Member of the Light Heavyweight division.

Grand Master Sexay
    Face. With Scotty 2 Hotty injured, he has found a new teammate in Steve Blackman. Light Heavyweight division eligible.

The Goodfather
    Heel. Member of Right To Censor. Formerly known as The Godfather but is no longer interested in the pimp game due to Stevie Richards.

Hardcore Holly
    Face. Spends most of his battles in the hardcore and tag team division. Member of The Holly Cousins.

Haku
    Heel. Made his return at the Royal Rumble leaving WCW. Has been working alongside Rikishi as a monster heel tag team.

Jeff Hardy
    Face. Member of The Hardy Boyz. Undoubtedly one of the most popular members of the WWF Roster. Daredevil; puts it all on the line for a win. Light Heavyweight eligible.

Justin Credible
    Heel. Member of X-Factor alongside X-Pac and Albert. Recently left ECW to join the WWF.

K-Kwik
    Face. Rapper with no direction after Road Dogg left the company in the last quarter of 2000. Takes mainly losses.

Kane
    WWF Hardcore Champion. Face. A popular monster who the crowd loves after turning face to join his brother The Undertaker. Found himself in the hunt for the Hardcore Championship due to his feud with Big Show.

Kurt Angle
    Heel. Olympic Gold Medalist who the crowd loves to hate. Best friends with Edge and Christian. Could be under fire for the some belief that he caused Chris Benoit's injury.

Matt Hardy
    Face. Teams with Jeff Hardy to form The Hardy Boyz. Currently dating Lita. Has show signs of becoming a heel, but that was changed when he teamed with his brother at Wrestlemania.

Perry Saturn
    Heel. Member of The Radicalz who is often left without direction. Dating Terri.

Raven
    Heel. Extremist. Multi-time WWF Hardcore Champion. Has stated multiple times that 2001 is the year of Raven. Is looking to find an elevation away from the hardcore division.

Rhyno
    Heel. Just joined the WWF from ECW. An enforcer to Edge & Christian.

Rikishi
    Heel. Currently injured. Teaming with Haku. Did it for The Rock.

The Rock
    Face. Most over babyface in the company.

“Stone Cold” Steve Austin
    WWF Champion. Heel. Shocked the world when he shook hands with Mr. McMahon at Wrestlemania. Will be interesting how his character develops and changes.

Scotty 2 Hotty
    Face. Currently injured. Expected to return in June. Can compete in the Light Heavyweight division.

Spike Dudley
    Face. The underdog. Works alongside The Dudley Boyz mainly. Member of the Light Heavyweight division.

Steve Blackman
    Face. The Lethal Weapon. Currently teaming with Grand Master Sexay.

Steven Richards
    Heel. Leader of Right To Censor.

Taka Michinoku
    Heel. Member of Kai En Tai who is not being used to full potential. Member of the Light Heavyweight division.

Tazz
    Face. Usually gets big reactions. A former ECW star who can live up to more.

Test
    Face. A former WWF European Champion. A big guy who can probably be a main player for the WWF.

Tiger Ali Singh
    Heel. An occasional wrestle who did not live up to potential. Is mainly working as the manager to Lo Down now.

Triple H
    Heel. Probably the most hated heel currently. Follows a love-hate relationship with Mr. McMahon.

The Undertaker
    Face. American Bad Ass. Second most over face behind The Rock. Teaming with Kane as the Brothers of Destruction.

Val Venis
    Heel. Has left the porn star gimmick to join Right To Censor. Recently gave into temptation which has put him in the outskirts with the group.

X-Pac
    Heel. Member of X-Factor. Member of the Light Heavyweight division.

World Wrestling Federation Diva Breakdown

Chyna
    WWF Women’s Champion. Face. The most over woman. Just returned from a kayfabe neck injury. Currently gaining popularity through her Playboy photoshoot and her book.

Ivory
    Heel. Member of Right To Censor.

Jacqueline
    Face. Strong worker. Underutilized.

Lita
    Face. Second most popular woman. Dating Matt Hardy.

Molly Holly
    Face. A strong wrestler who is missing an edge while making her debut six months ago. Member of The Holly Cousins.

Tori
    Heel. Hasn’t been seen in quite sometime.

Trish Stratus
    Face. Former lover to Mr. McMahon, but she turned on him at Wrestlemania. Currently involved in a heated feud with Stephanie McMahon-Hemsley.
    Last edited by Rasky; 02-02-2019 at 02:13 PM.

Indy Talent

Status

I am super excited about this thread... i really wanted to do an INVASION angle, but decided to go with my 96 WCW thread. Also, i literally LOLed at your breakdown of RIKISHI greatest thing ever

War Eagle

Status

I'll echo what everyone as said with my excitement for this period. Hopefully you do it more justice then it actually got. Also, regarding your roster page, just an FYI...under Farooq's description, it seems to copied Bradshaw's over and didn't switch out the names, so it seems like he's in a team with himself lol

Good luck and I look forward to seeing what you do with this

I’m Not Booked!

Status

Good recap of the roster, really helpful to get in to the headspace of where we are.

I'm intrigued by the comment on Angle, and wonder if that'll be important as we go through (although according to the breakdowns, he gave Benoit a concussion, but Benoit's out with an achilles injury?) I'm presuming it's just a way of writing Benoit out, but interesting that you mentioned it in Angle's bio as well.

And I'll have to take umbrage with the notion that Chyna's book is making her more popular. Did you read that thing?!

Charismatic Enigma

Status

Quote Originally Posted by Keefmoon View Post
    Good recap of the roster, really helpful to get in to the headspace of where we are.

I'm intrigued by the comment on Angle, and wonder if that'll be important as we go through (although according to the breakdowns, he gave Benoit a concussion, but Benoit's out with an achilles injury?) I'm presuming it's just a way of writing Benoit out, but interesting that you mentioned it in Angle's bio as well.

And I'll have to take umbrage with the notion that Chyna's book is making her more popular. Did you read that thing?!
    Mistake on my end coming into Angle and Benoit stories. Decided that going into a concussion if I still want to use Benoit was a little too close to home. I forgot to change Angle's as well as post the following short article beforehand.

Also, Chyna's book was a New York Time Best Seller. How bad could it have been?

Chris Benoit Suffers Possible Career-Threatening Injury

World Wrestling Federation has learned that Chris Benoit has suffered a torn achilles one night ago after a grueling match with Olympic Gold Medalist Kurt Angle. The technical showdown ending with Kurt Angle rolling up Benoit, but after the contest Chris was helped to the back by WWF’s medical staff. Benoit collapsed backstage after pushing away WWF crew proving that the injury was extremely serious. The current belief falls to a freak accident when Benoit had his knees up for Angle's moonsault where the initial injury took place. It sparks some issue within the company noting that Angle didn't know where to land with his back to Benoit, but others believe that Angle's weight went all on Benoit rather than reliving some of said weight.

Despite the injury though, Chris Benoit finished the last two or so minutes of the match. There is no timetable regarding Chris Benoit’s return, but very early indications say Benoit will be out for nine to twelve months. WWF wishes Benoit a speedy recovery.

Thread Information