Thread: Barbaro Cavernario

Relentless Admin

Status
      Country                    England

Barbaro Cavernario

My favourite lucha guy (after Fenix but Fenix is more for his stuff outside of Mexico). I just got done watching another great match of his so feels as good a time as any to nominate him.

I'm no avid watching of lucha but whenever I hear that this guy has had a good singles match, I'm straight to the CMLL youtube channel to check it out. With his wacky look and unique style, he can take a little getting used to; I believe the first time I saw him in BOSJ I said he was better suited to being in CHIKARA, but I guess over time I just fell for the gimmick I'm not high on the worm sell spot at all, but other than that an A+ wrestler based on my cherry picking of him.

Standout matches to me would be the Fenix match from last year, the Titan match from 2015, the Soberano match from this year I guess.

Mr. Victory Through Guts

Status
      Country                    Hong Kong

Re: Barbaro Cavernario

I still wouldn't say I personally am a fan of such a crazy gimmick (even in Spanish he cuts crazy promos with grunting & broken words. Sometimes he comes across like a cross between a really hateful & violent 5 year old & Taz the Tazmanian Devil) but he made it his own & became super popular with fans, & he wrestles so good that I overlook it.

Strong contender. I'll link some other standout performances later. He rules.

WAKE UP

Status

He certainly makes the caveman gimmick work

Just watched his match with Soberano Jr from last year and thought it was decent. I wish he had spent less time playing to the crowd and more time cranking up the violence, but he was drawing massive heat and getting the fans super behind his opponent (who seemed like a pretty interchangeable CMLL flyer), so I guess job done even if it wasn't particularly high-end.

Generally I am fan though, so I'll need to see more of what he's done recently to gauge where he'd place.

Relentless Admin

Status

Just got done with another great match from the caveman in 2019, against Forastero on March 29th. Almost certain that's the best singles match I've seen Forastero have.

Relentless Admin

Status

And last night he had the best Mistico match I've seen in years. Big match Cavernario is having an excellent year.

Thread Information