Thread: "Speedball" Mike Bailey

TAKE THE DREAM~

Status
      Country                    England

"Speedball" Mike Bailey

For someone who has been banned from the United States since 2016, he has kept in the spot light (as far as I'm concerned at least). His recent years wrestling in DDT have been outstanding. Excelling in his tag team with Mao and as a tag wrestler, adapting to both the serious and comedic style of the promotion quite well and basically becoming one of the full time roster, showing his versatility in the process. But not only that, he has load of indie stuff in places like Defiant, CZW and PWG. Everywhere he went he wowed in his matches and got really over. Some of his matches like his match against Strong (PWG) and Will Ospreay (Rev Pro) are highly revered. His offence can be hit and miss with some because it's very kick based and he can spam it (lol) but he is really compelling to watch. Certainly one for my list.

Best Matches to Watch:
    vs. Roderick Strong - PWG, 26/06/2015
    vs. Shuji Ishikawa - DDT, 05/01/2018
    vs. Tetsuya Endo - DDT, 23/11/2017
    vs. Kyle O'Reilly - WCPW (Or Defiant), 14/05/2017
    vs. Will Ospreay - Rev Pro, 12/06/2016

- I'll probably put loads of links and more matches in the V.I.P Thread tomorrow, if I can find them.

Relentless Admin

Status

Re: "Speedball" Mike Bailey

It's a real 'what if' situation if he hadn't of gotten banned from the US. He could of turned into one of the biggest stars of the US scene, he could of been snapped up by NXT, he could of been part of the CWC and then a 205 Live regular, he could of been someone we all got sick of for that dopey karate kid gimmick. If he doesn't take that path to DDT of all places, does he continue to develop into the same wrestler?

I like Speedball, but I don't love him and my biggest problem here is that DDT is just a company I haven no desire to follow so I've never seen his highly rated stuff from there. The streaming service made it harder to illegally follow them too, but if you find some links MC I'll give him a watch.

He had such a fun run in wXw early last year. The Bobby Guns and Bad Bones matches are really fucking good.

Scumbag Role Model

Status
      Country                    United States

I’m in the like, not “love” category with Speedball and he almost feels like a guilty pleasure if I were to list him. I liked him enough when he was working major indies in the US but never felt like a must see to me once he got the ban.

I’ll have to watch more than just a few Canada or Euro Bailey appearances to justify a spot.
    -------
    Quote Originally Posted by RaiZ-R View Post
    What the fuck is happening to you guys? I once got a blowjob where she used her teeth a little bit too much and I ended up with a bloody dick, I still enjoyed the blowjob up to the point I started bleeding. I can honestly say that I have never had anything I would call a bad blowjob, that wasn't a great experience but up until I started gushing blood I was having a great time!
    Spoiler:

Mr. Victory Through Guts

Status
      Country                    Hong Kong

Always seemed kind of sloppy and unrefined on the indies but had a unique presence and style to him that I think would have made him stand out. Still he's got some good stuff to his name and is definitely one of the bright spots in DDT. Still feels like a guy there could be a lot more to if he were around more places. He's not someone I'm in love with and it'll be hard for me to put him on my list.

WAKE UP

Status

watched

Speedball Mike Bailey vs WALTER, Riptide Wrestling 'International Waters'

Really good, hard-hitting match although it was a basic WALTER formula match. This wasn't as good as, say, WALTER vs Allin, and I kind of felt they had a better match in them, but I was impressed at how stiff Bailey was here. I mean he was kicking the fuck out of the big guy and was taking every opening given to be competitive. Made me remember he was one of the most exciting workers in the US pre-VISA issues, I'll have to try to watch more of his stuff over the coming months.

Also, Riptide's 'cinematic' presentation makes me never want to watch another show of theirs ever again.

Anyone know where I can find Bailey vs Ishikawa?

Relentless Admin

Status

Oh god yeah I hate Riptide's style. I remember seeing Walter Vs Jonah Rock and thinking that would rule on paper, but the way they shot it took me right out of the match. I get trying to be different, but it's a turn off.

I watched Bailey and MAO Vs Tipton's own Hunter Brothers a few days ago from FCP's Tokyo show. Fun opener but Moonlight Express feel like a cheap knock off of Golden Lovers and aren't anywhere as good.

Relentless Admin

Status

Just watched Mike Bailey Vs Jurn Simmons from 2016 World Tag League weekend and it's comfortably the best Jurn Simmons match I've ever seen. Speedball Vs heavyweights is always my favourite type of Bailey match.

Thread Information