Thread: Gabrielle's Greatest Moments (of the WC Era)

Fearless University

Status
      Country                    New Zealand

Gabrielle's Greatest Moments (of the WC Era)

Gabrielle Montgomery's Five Greatest Moments of the WC Era

Okay, okay...this isn't really my forte. I'm usually in front of a camera dressed in something that's equal parts dangerous and alluring. Now though I'm sitting in front of a computer screen reminiscing about my career. It was the end of 2015 that I stepped away from my wrestling career after eleven years, nine of which were spent in the FWA competing for the grandest of prizes. In the years since I've tried my hand at acting, I've travelled the World in a more relaxed setting, and I've focused on my family and friends.

Now though the hunger is back, the need to compete is back, and at FWA Revival I am stepping back into the ring for the first time in three years. Izzy Van Doren is the latest in a long line of women to name drop me, to call me out to satisfy their need for attention. I've ignored it all in the past, but Izzy has challenged me at a time when I want those challenges. In just a few days time Izzy will get everything she asked for, and so much more.

But thats then, right now I've been tasked with looking back over my FWA career during the WC Era, a time that spanned from late 2013, till the end of 2015 and picking the Five Greatest Moments. This was a two year span where I was a Tag Team Champion, and a World Champion. A two year span where the very future of the FWA itself was at stake. A time period where I was beloved...and also despised.

But let us jump right into my number five pick: The Carnal Contendership Match at Aces High 2014:
    PAJ places his arms and elbows on the rope and shouts at Rondo, "No more Jimmy King. No more 'Team King.' It's about PAJ!"

Not so fast.

Gabrielle lands her jumping heel kick stunning PAJ and then clotheslines him out of the ring!!!

The crowd explodes as Gabrielle has eliminated the man who has dogged her about her gender for the past few weeks!!! PAJ is irate as the referees keep him from re-entering the ring and going after Gabrielle, who blows a kiss to PAJ in mocking fashion.

Elimination #15: PAJ

Sam McDonald: The final two!!!

Harry Baxter: Who were the first two!!!

WOLF is to his feet. Gabrielle is on the other side of the ring. The crowd is going absolutely insane as these two are getting a Back in Business moment one PPV early.

They circle the ring, exhausted and breathing heavy, as if they're just starting a match. They come together for a grapple and WOLF backs Gabrielle into the ropes. WOLF releases and they go a second time. This time, Gabrielle gets a rear waist lock but WOLF pries her hands free and locks in a double wrist twist lock. Gabrielle lands a kick to the shins and step-up enzuiguri, but Wolf ducks under and scoops Gabrielle for a running powerslam!!! But Gabrielle slides off the back and shoves Wolf chest first into the turnbuckle and lands a jumping Rapture!!! Gabrielle has WOLF on the mat as the crowd cheers. She pulls him toward the corner and with WOLF face-up, goes for her split-legged moonsault, but WOLF rolls away and Gabrielle lands on the mat face first!!! WOLF grabs Gabrielle by the hair and finally lands his powerslam! Now WOLF goes to the top turnbuckle. With the crowd cheering, WOLF leaps off for his beautiful moonsault!!! But Gabrielle rolls inward and dodges it!!!

Langdon Trafford: We're witnessing two of the greatest ever vying for a chance to face Ryan Hall at Back in Business! These are the two who represent the FWA the most and this is what it comes down to!!!

Gabrielle grabs WOLF and lands a few slaps across the face. Then a few backhand chops. Finally she whips to the ropes but WOLF reverses it. WOLF goes for a spear but Gabrielle jumps up and dodges the finishing move!!! Gabrielle then with her Desecration DDT but WOLF counters with his AA spinebuster!!! Both are on the mat, breathing, as the crowd begins a "THIS IS AWESOME" chant.

WOLF is the first to his feet, but struggles. Gabrielle rolls to her side as WOLF looks at Gabrielle, who uses the bottom rope to pull herself to her feet. WOLF charges but Gabrielle lands a swift kick right to the side of the temple, possibly knocking WOLF out cold!!!

Gabrielle seems dazed as she grabs the middle rope and pulls herself up. She grabs WOLF by the neck and sets up for the GaBuster, but WOLF counters and hoists Gabrielle onto his shoulders for the TORTURE RACK!!! WOLF has it applied as Gabrielle is obviously in pain, and releases is. WOLF leans against the ropes and turns...but Gabrielle surprises him with the roll through into a half boston crab!!! Her own submission as WOLF is reaching for the ropes!!! Gabrielle keeps the hold applied as the crowd is buzzing waiting for how this classic encounter will conclude. Finally, WOLF turns his body to face up and kicks Gabrielle forward and down to the mat. Both struggle to rise to their feet, but when they do, Gabrielle side steps WOLF's charge and nearly sends him over the ropes!!! WOLF is hanging halfway over and the other half in the ring. Gabrielle goes to the turnbuckle and leaps off for a rope-hanging leg drop, a la the Undertaker's apron leg drop!!! WOLF flips forward and lands on the apron!!! Gabrielle grabs the ropes and holds herself on the apron!!! The crowd thought WOLF would be out, but he hasn't fallen off!!!

Harry Baxter: GABRIELLE IS GOING TO WIN IT!

Gabrielle is waiting for WOLF to get up, as she'll try to land another side kick to the head and hopefully win this thing!!! Gabrielle goes for it when WOLF is to his knees, but WOLF ducks!!! Gabrielle holds on with the top rope as WOLF rolls underneath the ropes!!! Gabrielle is still holding on and pulls herself up just as WOLF pries her fingers loose from the ropes!!! BUT Gabrielle grabs hold and claws onto WOLF's wrist!!! WOLF tries to pull it free but knows if he does, Gabrielle could pull up to a stable position with him!!! Gabrielle is hanging off balance like a leaning tower as WOLF bends over farther to try and have Gabrielle so low she loses her footing.

NOW GABRIELLE IS HANGING ALMOST PERFECTLY HORIZONTAL!!! WOLF BEGINS BEING PULLED OVER THE ROPES ONCE AGAIN!!! GABRIELLE IS TRYING TO HOLD ON!!! AND WOLF IS HANGING ONCE AGAIN HALFWAY OVER THE TOP ROPE!!!

Piers Gallagher: THIS IS ONE OF THE MOST AMAZING THINGS I'VE EVER SEEN IN FWA HISTORY!!!

Sam McDonald: THE ONLY THING KEEPING GABRIELLE IN THIS MATCH IS WOLF!!!

Finally, WOLF yanks his arm back toward the ring, and Gabrielle comes up with it. WOLF lands on his feet in the ring, and before Gabrielle can grab a hold of the ropes, WOLF kicks Gabrielle right in the abdomen and Gabrielle falls off the apron and onto the floor!!!

Elimination #16: Gabrielle Montgomery

Carnal Contendership winner: WOLF

Langdon Trafford: YES! WOLF! WOLF HAS WON!

The fans erupt with cheers as WOLF falls to his back and lays in the center of the ring. His second Carnal Contendership win may be his best as he now earns a chance to win the FWA World title from "The Inferno" Ryan Hall.

Sam McDonald: THESE TWO STARTED TOGETHER AND WERE THE FINAL TWO! WHAT AN INCREDIBLE CARNAL CONTENDERSHIP!!!

Gabrielle stays on the outside, puts her hands on her knees and knows she once again came oh so close and once again leaves with nothing. She can do nothing but respect WOLF, who remains face-up in the ring. Gabrielle Montgomery receives condolences from the front-row fans as she slowly walks around the ring, knowing she won't be going to Back in Business to fight for the World title. Such a passionate wrestler with so many sides and characteristics, such a great and well-respected veteran who is at the top of any "greatest ever" list. Gabrielle once more bends and has her hands on her knees. She looks up and fights back the tears as the crowd begins a "Thank you, Gabby! Thank you, Gabby!" chant.

Sam McDonald: The dreamer won't be able to live her dream at Back in Business, but no one in this building considers that woman to be a loser right now.

The crowd continues cheering as WOLF finally rises to his feet and begins catching his breath, soaking everything in and coming to the realization he is finally the FWA's "man" and will go to Back in Business to defend the company he loves.

Yes I'm starting this list off with a loss. I'm not going to say its because I learned from this loss, thats not it. This was a match where I gave everything I had. It was the longest match of my career, a Carnal Contendership match where I was the first entrant, and the last one eliminated. Wolf and I started the match together, we outlasted fifteen other people and then went to war with one another. After being in the ring for so long neither one of us wanted to lose. This was my proudest ever loss.

When this match took place it had been two and a half years since I had been the World Champion, and that was the end goal of this match. It had two and a half years of ups and downs, of conflict in and out of the ring. Chris (Kennedy) and I split up, then got back together, got married, got divorced and most amazingly welcomed our little Princess Carmella Kennedy into the World. I took time away from the ring to be a Mother. When competing I dedicated myself to getting back to the top, back to being a World Champion.

But this match wasn't just about me either, it was about everything. It was about the FWA itself. When we came over to the WC Network their existing Wrestling Programming; CWA was put ahead of us, and Jimmy King sought to turn the FWA into a Developmental Company, or a Feeder Company. Ryan Hall was his Champion, and myself and Wolf were two of the staunchest defenders of the FWA. So it was beautiful really that it came down to the two of us battling to dethrone Ryan Hall.

This was a match that winning it meant so much to me, but losing it after having given everything I had almost meant just as much. I still proved to the World, and too myself that I can compete at the very highest level. The...the applause I received after that match is still one of the proudest moments of my life as well. Watching that match back, watching the post match at ringside, it still brings a tear to my eye.

That to me was my fifth Greatest Moment of the WC Era.

Keep checking FWA.com for the top four over the coming days.

XOXO
    Written by Gabrielle Montgomery
    -FWA.com
    Last edited by ETE; 01-08-2019 at 06:45 AM.

Fearless University

Status

Re: Gabrielle's Greatest Moments (of the WC Era)

Back again to continue this little countdown ahead of my return to the FWA. Its a shame that I'm just typing away instead of of being on camera, my outfit is really cute. But lets get straight down to business because todays pick is a big one, a history making moment.

My number four pick: The 2014 Mile High Match

Gryphon and Gabrielle lock up with Gryphon applying a side head lock. Gabrielle counters to a back arm twist and Gryphon counters for his own back arm hold. Gabrielle back elbows free and turns but Gryphon lands a back body drop and then a jumping neckbreaker!!! Jason Gryphon looks around and sees an opportunity, one which is quickly thwarted by Stu St. Clair grabbing him from the waist and pulling him down the cage links. Stu lands a swift kick to the stomach and a slingshot suplex using the ropes!!! Stu turns and Ryan Rondo lands an enzuiguri but Rondo meets a jumping forearm from Ashley 'O Ryan!!! Ashley then hits his former girlfriend, Gabrielle, with a sole kick to the stomach and a double underhook gutbuster!!! Ashley then begins climbing up one of the sides and Stu just a couple minutes later begins climbing...the two former members of Vodka & Venom nearly get to the titles before meeting. Each takes a hand grab at the belts while trying to wrestle and kick one another off the cage dome's ceiling. Just when it seems Stu has Ashley, who is hanging by one hand, off...Stu grabs the belt but is unable t unhook before Ashley regains his two-hand grip and then kicks Stu right in the groin. Stu loses his grip but grabs a hold of Ashley by the legs...and eventually Ashley falls too as both men land hard on the cavnas!!!!

Sam McDonald: MY GOD!!! STU AND ASHLEY HAVE TAKEN ONE ANOTHER OUT OF THIS THING!

Ryan Rondo and Jason Gryphon have begun climbing the cage dome. Gabrelle Montgomery sets up a ladder right in the middle. She begins climbing and is about halfway when Rondo and Gryphon reach the center and gain footing on the highest step of the ladder. Gryphon and Rondo, much allies through this match, now are fighting one another with haymakers trying to win the top prize. Gabrielle sees she doesn't have higher ground and steps down off the ladder. Without Rondo and Gryphon noticing, Gabrielle grabs the ladder and sweeps it from under their feet!!!

Now "Living Mythology" and "The Last Star in the Sky" are hanging off the cage dome ceiling with Gabrielle swinging the ladder at them. While it can't reach, she can only hope they fall. When it seems they're gaining their balance, Gabrielle sets the ladder up just to the side and begins climbing!!! Rondo and Gryphon are doing the same as Ashley and Stu were, kicking feet at one another and trying to grab the belt with a free hand. Gabrielle races to the top of the ladder and tries distracting the two from their quest. When it seems she is too far away, she reaches for the belt from a seated position atop the ladder. She's about 6 inches from the belt when unable to reach. The ladder begins tipping with Gabrielle's futuer and further reach and just before it falls she leaps off and grabs the dome's ceiling. The tipping ladder hooks onto the legs of both Rondo and Gryphon, pulling them down and causes BOTH men to lose their grips and fall!!! Gabrielle is alone hanging from the cage dome ceiling as all four men below her have fallen the 25 feet to the hard canvas...and she monkey bar climbs to the hanging belt, uses a free hand to unhook the title and falls!!!!

Langdon Trafford: Gabrielle retains the title!!! Gabrielle retains the title!!!

Winner and STILL FWA World Champion: Gabrielle Montgomery

The cage dome rises as Gabrielle Montgomery lays on the mat clutching her FWA World Championship belt. She is in much pain, sore and bruised, but happy as can be. Jason Gryphon and Ryan Rondo again were so close, and Stu St. Clair and Ashley 'O Ryan were each other's own demise.

Sam McDonald: What a showing from these five but Gabrielle Montgomery again stands atop the wrestling world as the FWA Undisputed World Champion. What a match! One of the greats of all time in Mile High history!

This, this was HUGE. Mile High matches are one of the most...confronting, and difficult matches of all. Its impossible to prepare to face four or five different people at once. As good as you are, as on your game as you might be the match can end when you're not even involved. You've got to have eyes in the back of your head and be ready to scale that cage at the drop of a hat. I've never been as tense as I've been in Mile High matches, there's no time at all to relax. You cant sit back even for a moment, you get a second to rest, you need to spend that second trying to get to the Title, or trying to stop someone else from doing so.

This was of course my second Mile High match, and my second Mile High match victory. Mile High 2010 was where I won my first World Championship, that is a moment I will never forget, a moment that isn't up for consideration in this list, and a moment I put behind my Mile High victory in 2014.

This win was bigger. I lost the FWA World Championship in 2011, it took me three years and the birth of my daughter to get that Title back around my waist, and my very first Title defence was this Mile High match against four of the best Wrestlers in the World, and most of them can be considered some of the best of all time. This was the biggest challenge of my career. This was years of hard work, years of heartbreak, ups and down, marriages, divorces, births, there was so much that I experienced in my life in those years between losing and winning back the World Title.

And all of that, everything it took me to get back to the top could be undone just a month after I won the Title back. Winning this match was when I knew I was just as good, if not better than I was in 2010 and 2011. Winning this match was when despite all the bravado, bragging and swagger on screen, it was after this match that I knew I was capable of special things, that I could go down in history as something more than just another wrestler.

This win was everything to me. This win was what I was working towards my entire career, my entire life. This win was where I took a step above so many others. Two World Titles, two Mile High victories, thats special.

So that was my number four pick, top three here we come. Until then...

XOXO
    -FWA.com

Fearless University

Status

Hello, hello everyone I’m back for number three.

But before I jump into what I consider my third greatest moment of the WC Era I have a special offer for anyone who has jumped into 2019 wanting to get in better shape, whether that be a New Years Resolution or a random desire for the future. All January long you can sign up to Caramel Fit and purchase the Bundle Package for half price. All January long, you’ll get the Caramel Fit app, Caramel Fit Workout Routine Book, Caramel Fit Healthy Eating Recipe Book, Workout Gear in any style, size and colour you want; shorts and a tank for the guys, leggings and a sports bra for the girls, a Caramel Fit Gym Bag complete with a Shaker Bottle, Sweatbands and a Calorie Calculator , and a personal message of inspiration from myself for half price!!! Just $99.

And there’s a special monthly bonus for every member of the Caramel Fit Family going forward. Being set to return to the FWA, from now on everyone signed up with Caramel Fit will be eligible to win two tickets to any FWA show they want within twelve months. So if you win in January you can go to Back In Business if you want, or any other show until January 31st 2020.

Now lets get into what I’m here to do. This is a big one, this is in my honest opinion the biggest challenge of my career. I’be been in Mile High matches, Trial By Fire matches, World Title matches, I’ve headlined Back In Business but I was never as nervous as I was for this match. Never as worried as I was for this match, this was a match where I had a lot to prove, where I had to dig deeper than any other match.

My number three pick: Red, White and Bruised 2014, Last Person Standing Match vs. Stu St.Clair

He hits a russian legsweep against the guard rail. Stu’s face cringes as he feels the recoil while Gabrielle moans in pain. Stu slowly turns and barely pulls himself up using the guard rail. The referee starts the count.
    One
    Two
    Three
    Four
    Five
    Six

• Point second before seven Gabrielle is up and Stu shakes his head. He walks over to the time keeper. He throws him off the steel chair. He fold the steel chair up and grabs another steel chair then, walks up behind Gabrielle. He sets up both the steel chairs. Gabrielle gets up with her back turned to Stu. She holds her back as she cringes her face. Stu grabs Gabrielle and hits a sidewalk slam on both steel chair that are back to back. The crowd boos as Gabrielle moans ins absolute agony She is holding her back. The referee begins the count.

One
    Two
    Three
    Four
    Five
    Six
    Seven
    Eight

• Gabrielle cringes as she is breathing heavily slowly getting up. The crowd cheers while Stu seems unimpressed. Stu grabs Gabrielle and irish whips her into the guard rail closest to the exposed cold concrete floor. Gabrielle cringes as she moans in pain leaning against the guard rail. Stu slowly walks over there holding his neck a bit. He grabs Gabrielle and sets her up for Damien’s Death Drop (Outsider’s Edge). The crowd is booing loudly for what they are seeing Stu do. Stu tries to lift her but Gabrielle blocks and tries to go for an atomic drop Stu cuts her off with a forearm smash to her back. Stu lifts her up and hits Damien’s Death Drop on the cold concrete floor. The crowd is stunned silent. The referee is sweating buckets and looks generally concerned for Gabrielle. The referee begins the count.

McDonald: Referee stop the damn match. She is broken in half from that.

Baxter: I said this match was a bad idea. If Gabrielle is alright she better stay down because she could be paralysed right in front of us.

McDonald: I hope I do not see that happen. We better get emts down on the double. Even if this match is still happening she could be seriously injured.

Baxter: Stay down Gabrielle if not for us do it for your daughter!

One
    Two
    Three
    Four
    Five
    Six
    Seven
    Eight
    Nine

• Just before ten Gabrielle just less than a second before ten gets to her feet. She is in extreme amounts of pain. She is favoring her back slowly. Stu is surprised. Gabrielle leans against the apron. Stu comes running with a left arm clothesline but Gabrielle at the last second this him with a jumping heel kick. Stu falls as Gabrielle feels the recoil cringing her face favoring her back. She barely pulls herself up and noticed the fire extinguisher beside her hand in the ring. She grabs it as Stu is slowly getting up. She blasts Stu with the fire extinguisher. Stu is blinded for a moment while Gabrielle walks backwards slowly up the ramp way. Stu walks toward her trying to see through the spray. Gabrielle gets on the stage and blasts Stu with a little bit of spray from the fire extinguisher. She starts heading to the left part of the stage. Stu blindly follows. Gabrielle is four feet from the edge of the stage. Stu is heading her way. She sprays Stu with the fire extinguisher for a good twenty second. Stu doesn’t see where she is. Gabrielle turns and knocks Stu with a discus elbow smash. Stu drops to the ground cold. The referee begins the count.

• However Gabrielle tells him not as she calls for the Carmel Coat DDT. The crowd erupts as Stu slowly gets up. Gabrielle goes for it but Stu blocks her with an atomic drop. Quickly Stu grabs her right arm and applies and arm wrench and hits an arm wrench short arm clothesline. Stu calls for the DDT. The crowd boos as Stu points to his head. Stu taps with his the tip of his boot to Gabrielle crimson covered face muttering ‘look at yourself’ with every tap. He taps her five time with the tip of his boot. Stu grabs Gabrielle going for the DDT but Gabrielle blocks it with a knee smashes to the gut. Gabrielle irish whips Stu away from her toward the entrance to the stage. Stu turns around huffing and puffing. Stu comes running at Gabrielle at the last second Gabrielle ducks. She backdrops Stu from the stage to the ground bellow the stage. The arena is chanting ‘Holy ****, Holy ****!’ Stu is motionless

McDonald: Oh my god Gabrielle just back droped Stu off the stage.

Baxter: Stu isn’t moving like he is down and out.

McDonald: She said she could but she did what none of us think she can do.

Baxter: That she did and come on referee start counting.

One
    Two
    Three
    Four
    Five

• Stu is still not moving
    Six
    Seven
    Eight
    Nine

• Stu is still motionless

Ten

• The bell rings as The referee raises Gabrielle’s arm.

Kurt Harrington: HERE IS YOUR WINNER ‘THE CARAMEL GODDESS’ GABRIELLE!!!!!

• The arena erupts. Just seconds later the Gabriele is about to collapse from the pain of the match but is caught by Ashley O’Ryan. Ashley helps her to her feet and gives her balance. Gabrielle looks distraught and mouths something to Ash that we cannot pick. After that Ashley lets he go. Gabrielle barely walks to entrance tunnel. Ash walks over to the edge of the ramp. There is rage behind those eyes as he looks crushed. Aggression builds as he looks down at Stu bellow. Ash lets out a primal yell at the top of his lung in pure anger and frustration as Stu barely sits up.

Winner: Gabrielle, 28 minutes
    This was the most brutal match of my career. This match took it out of me like nothing else, not just physically but emotionally, spiritually, mentally. It was a war.

Facing Stu St.Clair is a big enough challenge to begin with. Facing Stu St.Clair in a match like a Last Person Standing match is again a big enough challenge. But so much went into this match. Stu and I we never got along, we never saw eye to eye, I don’t feel right delving deeply into the history there, the relationship I had with his son, compared to the relationship he had with his son. So I’ll leave that there.

Because this had grown past that. This affected my relationship with Ashley O’Ryan, this affected the FWA itself, this almost broke me. There was a point in the middle of this match where I spiked Stu’s head on the concrete and he still beat the ten count and I honestly thought that was it, that I couldn’t win this match. And from there time after time I thought I was done, I thought I had no chance of getting back up myself, but somehow I did.

I kept taking the best Stu had to offer, the most painful things he could think of but I kept getting back up. I remember being worried, so worried, I remember dreading what he’d try next. What I would have to endure next, but I just couldn’t quit, I couldn’t give up. As I said this wasn’t just a match, this was a challenge, and this was for so much more. Stu had come between myself and Ashley, so this was personal. I think that’s the only reason I kept getting back up. I had to show Stu he couldn’t come between us.

And after nearly thirty minutes of what was basically torture I endured so much pain, more than I thought I could and put The Snake down. I could barely stand, barely walk, barely think. It was pure survival at the end of that match. This match was me going through something even I didn’t think I could endure…and I’ve been set on fire…twice.

I was so sore for days, even weeks afterwards, those first few moments where I could think clearly again after the match, this was like two hours later I was still sitting backstage and just wondering if any of the aches and pains racking my body wouldn’t go away.

On that night I surprised even myself with how deep I could dig.

And that was my third greatest moment of the WC era. Just two more to go, until then…

XOXO
    -FWA.com

I'm a Stone Cold Lee Guy.

Status
      Country                    Ireland

THE MUSE IS A-FLOWING ONCE MORE IT SEEMS!
    The most amazing thing about this recent conversation is that I've learned AON is even more of a waste of space than I thought he was previously

Fearless University

Status

The Countdown continues, and this one is a controversial moment.

My number two pick: Back In Business X Main Event vs Drew Stevenson

Both competitors lay on the mat catching their breath and finally after what seems like an eternity they both begin to slowly stir, and rise up to their feet. Drew charges in at Gabby, but she counters with a knee to the midsection and takes Drew down with a Desecration DDT! Gabby hooks the leg this time…

One

Two

THR-NO!

Drew kicks out in the nick of time and Gabby can’t believe it. She rises up waiting for Drew and she’s looking to put him away with her Caramel Coated DDT, but Drew is one step ahead on the exchange and narrowly avoids it and catches Gabby with a schoolboy roll up…

One

Two

THR-NO!

Gabby kicks out and Drew is up as well as Gabby, and without hesitation Drew boots her to gut and sets her up…Final Conflict!

Langdon Trafford: This one has to be over the Final Conflict!

Piers Gallagher: Oh say it ain’t so!

Drew hooks the leg this time…

One

Two

THREE? NO! Gabby kicks out before three and Drew, as well the fans, cannot believe it as he lays on the mat catching his breath knowing the move took a lot out of him too.

Langdon Trafford: I thought for sure Gabby was done for there!

Piers Gallagher: You thought wrong Langdon!

The crowd are in shock as Gabby still has life left yet! A few premature cheers had erupted but alas, Stevenson is not the champion yet! Drew clambers to his feet... as does Gabrielle... Drew gets ready to set up another Final Conflict.... but suddenly... the music of Fight Night GM, Thomas Princeton, comes blasting through the PA System! Drew Stevenson is taken aback whilst Gabby rests on the ropes.

Langdon Trafford: What on EARTH!?!?

Piers Gallagher: I did say there would be a time when Drew Stevenson will rue the day that he turned down our glorious GM's offer! AND IT LOOKS LIKE THAT TIME IS NOW!!

The crowd pours out boos as Princeton has a mic in his hand... he walks down, slowly to the ring. Stevenson stands shouting at him whilst Gabrielle is still recovering in the ring.... the crowd creates some noise as there appears to be some commotion coming from them....

Langdon Trafford: Is that!? WHAT THE HELL IS GOING ON!?

David Weinstock: Drew Stevenson is not getting out of this alive...

The crowd erupts into more boos as the newly crowned FWA Tag Team Champions, Christian Quinn and Danny Toner, jump the barricades - both with stitches in their foreheads from the cuts they suffered in their match. Stevenson's attention is turned to them as they stand on the outside.

Piers Gallagher: How great of our tag champions to grace us with their presence... AGAIN!

Both Quinn and Toner jump up onto the apron - the referee goes over to them and starts waving his hands at them, telling them not to come any closer or the match is a bogey.

Langdon Trafford: What the hell is going on!? Gabby could be DQed... Stevenson would win... but he wouldn't get the belt! THIS IS SABOTAGE!

Princeton points to the referee as he stands at the bottom of the ramp, close to the ring. He also points to the timekeeper as he speaks.

Thomas Princeton: If you.... or you, my esteemed referee and timekeeper, dare to call this match off - I will FIRE you both where you stand. As for you... Mr Stevenson... I told you that you had a chance to become something great. You could've been so much more. I am disappointed.

The crowd unleashes a volley of boos at Princeton as the referee stands looking dumbfounded as does the timekeeper - they are powerless.

Langdon Trafford: THAT'S JUST NOT FAIR!

Piers Gallagher: GENIUS!!

Quinn and Toner shout abuse at Stevenson - who decides to walk over and comes to face to face with Christian Quinn. Stevenson has his back turned to Princeton as he stands close to Toner and Quinn. Toner gives a charismatic, cheeky, wink towards Gabrielle as they make eye contact - he even blows a kiss. Quinn smirks as Stevenson tells him to back down - he then mouths/says the words "Got you." before he and Toner drop down from the apron....

Langdon Trafford: LOOK OUT! IT'S A TRAP!!

Princeton has already slid into the ring as Stevenson was distracted... Stevenson realises it but is too late - he turns around and he is LEVELLED BY A BETTER THAN YOU (BTY) CLOTHESLINE!!!!

Piers Gallagher: I never thought i'd see it again! It's so beautiful! What a move from Princeton!

David Weinstock: Stevenson is not going to get up from that!

Langdon Trafford: THIS IS BULLCRAP! STEVENSON HAD THIS MATCH WON!

Piers Gallagher: He never had any part to play in this match aside from losing!

The crowd are booing the roof of the place now - Princeton tells Gabrielle to pin him... but she refuses... some of the crowd are pleased at this but the wry smile etched on her face indicates she has something up her sleeve. She picks Stevenson up... who can barely stand... and boots him straight in the gut and LANDS THE CARAMEL COATED DDT!! More boos rain down as Gabrielle and Princeton smirk - with Quinn and Toner applauding on the outside. Drew Stevenson is lifeless on the canvas...

David Weinstock: That's it. It has to be over.

Gabrielle gets down for the pin. Princeton forces the referee to count...

Langdon Trafford: This can't be it... Not like this...

Piers Gallagher: All hail the Goddess!

....NO!!!!!

Piers Gallagher, Langdon Trafford, David Weinstock: WHAT!?!?!?!?

The roof blows off of the building as Drew Stevenson gets his shoulder up at the very last moment!! Gabrielle's caramel colour drains from her cheeks in shock... Princeton is shook and shouts at the referee claiming it was a three.... Quinn and Toner look worried on the outside. Quinn shouts to Princeton but Princeton signals him to back down. Princeton picks the almost lifeless Stevenson up, once more...

Langdon Trafford: This is disgusting! Drew Stevenson just cannot win! But he refuses to lose!

David Weinstock: I think he needs to cut his losses. He is only taking unnecessary punishment at this point. Everyone knows how tough he is, his day will come... but I think all is lost now.

Piers Gallagher: OF COURSE ALL IS LOST, HE'S FACING GABRIELLE!

Princeton sends him straight to Gabrielle... who grabs him again and hits a SECOND CARAMEL COATED DDT!!!! The crowd vociferously boo the hell out of it as they have been doing so for the past five minutes. Quinn and Toner smirk as Princeton tells the referee to count...'better' this time.... - Drew Stevenson is not moving.

Langdon Trafford: I can't believe this.

Langdon Trafford: Swindled, all along...

3.........!!!!!!!

Piers Gallagher: YESSS!!!

Winner and STILL FWA CHAMPION: "The Caramel Goddess" Gabrielle

The crowd boo as Gabrielle gets to her feet, exhausted but extremely pleased with 'her' victory. Drew Stevenson is out cold on the canvas, the referee is checking on him to make sure he is ok. Quinn and Toner jump into the ring with their own titles and stand with Thomas Princeton. There's awkward eye contact between Princeton and Gabrielle... but then all four of them stand side by side with each other and raise their hands/titles to a thunderous chorus of boos...

Piers Gallagher: The Goddess and Executive Excellence... A MATCH MADE IN HEAVEN!

Langdon Trafford: This is sickening. This is supposed to be a grand occasion and it's marred by this... this LUNACY! HORRIBLE!

Back in Business goes off the air with the parting image of Gabrielle - standing tall with Executive Excellence, victorious once more whilst Drew Stevenson lays on the outside, being attended to by the referees and EMTs. Piers Gallagher is the only person in the Rose Bowl on his feet applauding whilst Langdon Trafford looks like there's been a death in the family. David Weinstock is checking on Drew Stevenson.... the final shot of the show is the smirks of Christian Quinn, Danny Toner, Thomas Princeton... and the FWA champion, Gabrielle being etched forever in the memory of what was BACK IN BUSINESS X.

That was...an interesting time of my life. Being the World Champion again meant everything to me, it meant the World to me. It was something I had worked so hard for, for years, seeing my name upon that gold Championship once again was so special to me. Getting back to the top of the Mountain consumed me, as did staying there and being the FWA World Champion as long as possible.

Every day that I could see my name printed across it was another day that added to my legacy, another day that put me just that little bit further ahead of everyone else. There's a lot of World Champions in the grand scheme of things, a lot of people have been able to say that they're the best in the world for a time. Even less have been able to do it twice. And even less again have been able to say they were for as long as I did. That's special to me, and I didn't want to lose that.

This would have been the moment I could say all of that truly culminated, if it weren't for Red, White and Bruised 2015. But this is a close second. Because this; Main Eventing Back In Business almost becomes bigger than the World Championship. Once you've won a World Championship its these events that you focus on, these grand shows that you set your sights on. Back In Business is that once a year event that catches more peoples attention than anything else. Its Back In Business that people who don't normally watch tune in for.

There's nothing bigger than walking into Back In Business as the World Champion, Main Eventing the show and walking out as World Champion.

This was my second Back In Business as the FWA World Champ. It was Back In Business VI were I successfully defended the Title against Duke Drazin, but that wasn't the Main Event. So I still had that hunger to do this, to Headline the big show and win, I had to win!

It was Princeton that approached me, we'd never been close, never really been friends but there was a brief bit of familiarity through the original Executive Excellence and the respect and comradeship I have with his wife; Aja. Stevenson had become the last person Princeton wanted to see as the World Champion, that was something I could take advantage of, so when the offer to join up with this new Executive Excellence was extended I couldn't turn it down. I couldn't pass up he opportunity to have the General Manager in my corner.

This win, this moment is a mixed bag for me really. I did one of those last things I had left to achieve, one of those last things I wanted to do in my career. At the time the ends justified the means, winning was all that mattered. Keeping that Championship around my waist was everything to me, and it didn't matter what it took to do so, especially at Back In Business. I could have beat Drew Stevenson that night without Executive Excellence...but regardless the record books still say I won that night.

Winning the Main Event at Back In Business no matter how you get there, is something that every single person in the locker room wants to do, and I did it. That's why despite how I got there this moment meant so much to me.

XOXO
    -FWA.com

Fearless University

Status

Now we're at the big one ladies and gentlemen. Apologies for the delay but I was focused upon my match at Revival with one Izzy Van Doren and then just enjoying really being back in this world of pro wrestling and the FWA. Everything feels different immediately now that I am actively back in the ring.

But lets focus on the topic at hand here, this moment, this match is what I consider to be my greatest moment of the WC Era, and one of my greatest moments of my career and of my life. I put this one up there with the birth of my sweet little Carmella, both my Weddings...and when I told my parents I'd made it and had signed an FWA Contract.

The Greatest Moment of my Career in the WC Era; The FWA 9th Anniversary Show vs PAJ for the FWA World Championship

Langdon Trafford: What a main event we have had so far. These two have shown their technical ability. Not something we see much from Jackson but Gabrielle showed her experience.

Jackson and Gabrielle circle around the ring. They lock up in the middle of the ring. Jackson whips Gabrielle into the corner hard and Gabrielle bounces off the turnbuckles and Jackson hits a PAJle. Gabrielle falls to the canvas. Jackson rolls to the outside. Jackson drags Gabrielle against the steel ring post and smashes her leg into it repeatedly. The referee's count is upto 7 when Jackson stops and slides back into the ring. Jackson has done the damage to Gabrielle's leg. Jackson pulls Gabrielle back into the centre of the ring and pulls Gabrielle up with force by her hair. Jackson drop kicks Gabrielle in the knee and her knee gives out from the dropkick and she tumbles to the canvas. Gabrielle is on her knees trying to get to her feet. Jackson pulls her up and drags her to the ropes. Jackson hits a German Suplex from one ring into the other. Jackson climbs out of one ring and into the other. Jackson goes for the cover 1...2..Gabrielle kicks out. Jackson argues that it is 3 but is ensured by the referee that it was 2. Jackson grabs Gabrielle by the leg and then drops her to the canvas hard. Jackson stomps at Gabrielle's leg repeatedly as the chants and boos get louder. Jackson arrogantly walks around the ring with his arms out to his side waiting for Gabrielle to get to her feet. Jackson sees Gabrielle hobbling to her feet and he climbs onto the apron. Jackson measures and springboards off the ropes and spins in the air Gabrielle somehow catches Jackson as he attempts the 720 DDT hitting a suplex on Jackson. Gabrielle falls to the canvas and drags herself into the cover 1...2....Jackson kicks out just before 3.

Piers Gallagher: Both of them have come close to winning now.

Langdon Trafford: They both understand what is at stake. The biggest prize in FWA and neither of them want to give it up.

Gabrielle uses the ropes to get to her feet. Jackson still holding has back from the failed 720 DDT turned into a suplex. Gabrielle limps over to Jackson and pulls him by his hair and curbstomps him to the canvas. Gabrielle wants to take control of this match. Gabrielle pushes Jackson onto his front and drags him over towards the corner and hits a split-legged moonsault. Gabrielle brings Jackson to his feet and he attempts to thumb Gabrielle in the eye again but Gabrielle is wise to his game. Gabrielle ducks underneath it and thumbs Jackson in the eye. Gabrielle brings Jackson up onto her shoulders and hits a death valley driver. Jackson is out on the canvas. Gabrielle sits on Jackson's chest and pounds away at Jackson to return the favour for the cheapshots. Gabrielle measures Jackson as he gets up she attempts a Kneel at the Atlar Shining Wizard but Jackson falls back to the canvas to avoid it. Jackson gets to his feet and goes for a super kick as Gabrielle gets up but she ducks underneath it. Gabrielle attempts a Caramel Coated DDT but Jackon blocks it and goes for another superkick but Gabrielle catches his leg. She throws his leg down and hits a step up enziguri. Gabrielle measures Jackson and this time hits a Kneel At The Altar and quickly covers 1...2...3...

The referee calls for the bell and the crowd get to their feet in elation as Gabrielle has dethrone Phillip A. Jackson.

Winner and NEW FWA World Heavyweight Champion, Gabrielle Montgomery

Gabrielle Montgomery rises to her feet with the entire arena cheering and clapping. Her smile stretches from Asia to New York City as she catches her breath. Her daughter, Carmella, walks up the steel ring steps with Chris Kennedy behind and Gabrielle quickly rushes over and hugs her daughter in a helicopter fashion, swinging her around as if she's more important than the World Championship itself.

Langdon Trafford: On the same night where the Old Era beat the New Era to prove they still had it, the New Era World Champion falls to one of the all-time greats. Jackson and Thurgood's attempt to take over FWA has been thwarted by the best in the business, Gabrielle Montgomery.

Gabrielle is handed the FWA World Championship as Carmella, held on Gabrielle's other arm, reaches for the shiny gold plate and smiles when seeing her reflection. Carmella hugs her mother emphatically before Chris walks up to Gabrielle and offers another emotional embrace. He then locks lips with his ex-wife in a passionate, prolonged way that causes all the women in the audience to swoon.

Piers Gallagher:
    This is a dark night for FWA. Jackson and Thurgood are done and we have G-Rich and Gabrielle?!
    Phillip A. Jackson rolls to the apron, holding the back of his neck. Robbins Thurgood arrives in scene and helps his client out of the ring and walking back up the entrance aisle.

Langdon Trafford:
    It has been an Anniversary to remember for FWA. Gabrielle, one of FWA most loyal and deserving wrestlers, has dethroned a man who tried to destroy us. Happy Birthday FWA! and good night we will see you for Fight Night.

This right here was years in the making, this moment took me years to get back too. After I lost the FWA World Championship to Duke Drazin it took me three years of struggle in and out of the ring, three years of heartbreak, three years of life changing moments like the birth of my daughter, Wedding to Chris Kennedy...and subsequent Divorce. Even just getting this match, getting my career back to where I could compete for the World Championship meant everything to me.

This is a night I had dreamed of every night for those three years, oh sure much of the time when I fantasised about it it was Chris Kennedys head I was spiking into the mat, but the way it worked out...at the time was even better. This is a match, a victory, a moment that couldn't have been anymore perfect. This had everything, I didn't just win the World Championship for a second time and solidify myself as an all time great, I got to hold my little Carmella in my arms in the ring...and got a kiss from the love of my life.

This was just perfect in every single way, I dont think I have ever been as happy as I was when I was holding the World Title in one hand and held my daughter in the other hand as Chris kissed me...

That was so perfect. I cant imagine ever having a greater moment than this in my career. What more could I possibly ask for?

So thats it Ladies, Gentlemen, Boys and Girls...the five Greatest Moments of my Career within the WC Era. Five of the greatest moments of my career and of my life.

XOXO
    -FWA.com

Thread Information