Page 24 of 24 FirstFirst ... 14222324

Thread: Kingdom Hearts: A Tale Outside of Time | a MAFIA game

Status
      Country                    United States

Re: Kingdom Hearts: A Tale Outside of Time | a MAFIA game

FWIW if Shake had been investigated it would returned a blocked result, not a townie one. A distinction that often still raises a bit of suspicion on the town side.

Silk's Big Dumb Video Game Thread
    WC Rumble Winner 2017, Comic and Game Dork, Walked With Elias Before Anyone, #Iconic

Never Forget
    Spoiler:

[footnote: Is now the longest reigning WWE Champion in Smackdown history]

The Mayor of Slamtown

Status

Okay, that makes it a lot better. Good stuff.

No One

Status
      Country                    Canada

Two cents.

1. CD's early posts made him out to have a power role (or at least made him very susp.), he was a pretty straightforward pick for a first kill.
    2. Wang being outed early made an easy guy to role block often. Jiggy being Sora (I feel like it became obvious pretty early on) also made him an easy role block target since you knew he had something special planned. I think this wouldve been more challenging if Wang hadnt been pressured into revealing he was doc.
    3. We actually thought RED was Ansem The Dark or whatever he's called so glad it turned out to be Baldrick and we got that 2nd NK early.
    4. I believed in Sayer's "first voter will die" and I thought that was the sole exception to me being able to die, didnt realize that it was actually Sora.
    5. I feel like y'all should've lynched Mitch early on.
    6. I wish CD had cleared me before we nailed him.

It may be a benefit of being mafia and knowing whats what but I felt like it was feasible to click for you guys to know who was mafia. Red was a NP, Jiggy & Sayer felt linked, Gipper/Zero felt linked, Wang was a doctor, Grim was a double agent. Mitch, Shake, and I had no real cover in that regard but at least everyone else besides Baldrick had an alibi.

Anyways, fun game.

The Mayor of Slamtown

Status

Yeah. I figured the reason you went CD was when he said "I'm so town it's bullshit."I just didn't want to say it because I thought it would make me look unnecessarily suspect. CD has a bad habit of giving away when he's a cop early on. He did the same thing when I killed him on night one some time ago.

Mr. Victory Through Guts

Status

I was originally going to be much more snarky to Sayer but I will take the high road instead. Outside of 3 things. 1. Even suggesting that Naminé would be left out for Chip and Dale, let alone thinking it was fucking stupid in a game of 13. There's just no nice way to say it. 2. Lying about your power in the first place. Mafia wasn't going after you and it was at a very weird time to directly call to me as Jiggy was backing off you. I wouldn't have been nearly as suspicious of you had you just been straightforward as a bodyguard, I would have caught on to you as Goofy and likely not even questioned it without much more convincing. And 3. Most importantly. You, as a Townsplayer see a train clearly piling in the most obvious way ever with a guy who was nowhere trying to jump on board and you instead of questioning this, decide to jump on too? ...Dammit, Sayer. And not to mention your pressuring of Wang, at first to reveal himself then to not save himself seemingly out of the blue were just perfect. If nothing else, you fit your character well so kudos there

On the other hand, I can't believe Jiggy was actually Town & played like he did. Very surprising. I just couldn't get anything going with you on me the entire game unfortunately. I will say this, no doubt you have people's trust and it felt like everyone was on your side throughout so although I feel justified somewhat in how I played towards you, there's no doubt you did something right. (Shake agreeing with all your points probably helped legitimize your POV as well.)

It was hard, at first Gip was giving some questionable opinions & I think was going through something hard & couldn't really make plans or anything. But still stepped up hard to back me up & his promise to avenge me made me laugh. I liked partnering with Gipper.

I don't feel comfortable calling this a flawless game as with better town all 3 Mafia left crumbs to pick up on. Mitch was obvious, Town should have voted him in all honesty, but like I said shade was thrown at me from jump street so in all seriousness I can't blame anyone, even Sayer though I rag on him sometimes. Though I wish that 100% faith would have gone farther.

Jon was absent the whole game, & would have came apart the longer things lasted.

Shake messed up a couple of times actually if you looked back, even right away he tried to accuse me of saying stuff the opposite of what I actually did. He must have been delighted when OMB goofily tried to agree with him. Still though, I have to admit you were way behind Sayer & Jiggy on my suspect list despite upping Jiggy over me at every turn sometimes to rather unlikely degrees. You came up huge for the mafia by the end.

I just don't think it would have been possible for Town to win after how things had played out. Too much noise, By the end I wasn't going to let Jiggy's desperation OP power ploy go & Jiggy wasn't going to trust me over Shake. My plan of exposing Sayer would have failed because he was actually lying as Town & we would have lost anyway. Perhaps if we had worked together from the start we could have picked up on those crumbs. I think more people with KH knowledge playing & willpower to speak up would have helped as well for my play to work better. There was no reason to doubt Roxas or Naminé as one of the Twins IMO, especially in a less populated game. Once Roxas died that should have been the end of it there and we should have gotten on the same page a bit more. In all honesty I would have fully trusted someone in my shoes in the context of this game and it still confuses me why more credence wasn't given to that. Alas it wasn't to be.

Wang, you did a good job, buddy. It's regretful at that point you had to go. In the context of the situation the Mafia were going to gun for you no matter what really. It just made no sense to not leave the only known Town player alive. I feel where you're coming from tho. It's only natural you would suspect one of us who said it was Mafia. Thank you for believing in me.

Thanks Grim too, I really regret getting too wrapped up in a minor slipup over my own instincts that you were Axel. I know I said you can't blame anyone for going after it which I still think. I just think for me personally. I should have known better & spoke up more for you. My bad.

OMB falling for Shake's nonsense early was terrible.

Red had eyes for Mitch, but was in a rough position as NP. Riku's actually a decent fit in the role & like with Grim I should have considered that more & backed you up more IMO.

No hard feelings, all. I tried my best, but it was a tough situation I had to manage & I REALLY thought Sayer & Jiggy were lying about their powers & especially with how aggressive Jiggy was the first 3 days & how Sayer played as himself. (Well, I guess I was right, though in hindsight Jiggy claiming what he did makes more sense to try & draw in a nk. I bet Shake scoped out that bluff quickly in the chat & it was too easy to continue that thread against each other.) In all honesty, I'm sorry Jig. But you gotta admit when your very first post is calling me disingenuous & trying to lead for just making basic points & trying hard to connect me with these random guys like Grim & Sayer just because they agreed, put yourself in my shoes...I just didn't think that was a Town point at all, especially when I felt the infighting between you and Sayer was bad for town that first day. That was just my reasoning, not necessarily right or wrong but my explanation for why I thought like I did which was ultimately wrong. It sucks because like I said, I was more sus of Shake (& OMB tbf) at first & wish we could have worked together & I think we could have won easily had we gotten together. JMO. My bad for contributing what I did. I hope cooler heads can prevail next time at least early on and we can win together.

I love KH & Silk obvs, & I was happy to play even though it was frustrating at times being in a constant battle. As far as weighting issues, it's hard to say because we lost the cop & the doc was out super early so of course it will feel like Town has an unfavorable lineup. Personally I can't speak for others, but I didn't feel cheated. I'd like to apologize if suggesting that in thread made you worry, but was only considering it when the idea of two Mafia guys came up. You did a great job, Cin. I loved the videos & story posts too. Was sad Naminé couldn't have gotten a story post tho. In addition to playing as her, she & Kairi are favorite characters from the series.

PS: Excellent use of AmaLee at the end.

Thanks everyone for playing.
    Ann Takamaki/Panther

A beautiful rose has thorns~

Follow me on Twitter - @DylanZeroSky

And check out my podcasts! Every week from the MLW Radio Network (Though I'm not affliated with Jim Cornette personally)

Eastern Lariat - Japanese Wrestling (w/Cagematch.net Boss STRIGGA)

Lucha Talk - Méxican Wrestling (w/LuchaWorld Boss Fredo Esparza & Spanish Translator MICROMANFEVER)

The Mayor of Slamtown

Status

I lied about the lynch power not because mafia was going to go after me (although since you want to be a smartass, you should know that I have become a frequent target of mafia lately...I've gotten better than I've played this game.),but because I had no idea if Jiggy would take the heat off of me and I knew Jon was always going to vote for me. Luckily, my bodyguard claim did the trick by itself with him, since he knew he had a bodyguard in his role. That was when I knew he was Sora. As a matter of fact, one of the main reasons I think I didn't get killed at any point this game, was because Jon said (and has in the past done it numerous times) he would always kill me when he had a night kill.He's done it the last two times he had that power, and it was something Sully and I bitched about with him in the aftermath of the last game. He knew it would have been a bad look for him.

The Chip and Dale thing I really wasn't serious about, but I was sketchy on your twin thing because I really thought Shake was Kairi when he mentioned that he knew that there was someone looking for a person in the game. With Jiggy being Sora being something I knew, I figured Shake was Kairi and he either knew someone was looking for him or he was looking for Sora. I was wrong, obviously. That's why I was sketchy on you.

But you can say what you want about me. YOU were the one who consistently got talked into Shake's misdirections. Baldrick getting lynched, Grim getting lynched and him constantly and quietly pushing the wedge between you and Jiggy. I'm not saying I was the best player for town, either. Far from it. But I didn't get talked into the Baldrick lynch, which cost us two players.

As for the Wang Chung deal, I didn't force Wang out. I was one person who made one post claiming someone might be mafia. It's not like I made a cop play and said "Hey, I had an investigation and Wang turned Mafia.". I said "Hey, this sounds like something Wang would do." I didn't even PLACE A VOTE ON HIM. So, this whole thing that I forced Wang out is retarded.

Established Veteran

Status
      Country                    Wales

Well good game Maf...you really had it a lot easier with getting the cop N1 and then letting the rest of us continue debating down the wrong route. Plus I told you guys I had nothing to give and nothing of use haha. Pesky people.
    I have a plan so cunning......

Status
      Country                    Jamaica

Pretty much what Jon said.

We thought Ansem was one of Baldrick, Wang or RED pretty much. We knew most other characters and I specifically played down knowing anything. I knew Zero/Gip were Kairi/Namine and didnt want any of Sayer's trying to confirm my character. More on that in a sec.

Fyi, Zero, I didnt really slip up as you think. I legit didnt read your entire post and just posted that without trying to make you look bad. Regarding no lynch stuff, I would've said the same as a townie.

Sayer, we didnt kill you because Jon wanted to win the game with you alive. We didn't fear you and your name was discussed multiple times on different nights. Even the final night I thought Gipper may have had a protect but Jon still wanted you alive. We didn't care about looking bad in any of our kills. We kept Wang alive because we could just block him. We killed OMB because his double vote would counter Jon's +1. The only thing we worried about was Jiggy piecing things together with Zero but it never happened. Every day we were pretty certain we were gonna get got.

Regarding character stuff, I felt this game was verging on being absolute bullshit. Luckily, I claimed a power and you chucklefucks jumped on it and tried to assign me a character. The power was bullshit but I was trying to find Ansem the Wise so Mitch got his kill. You guys all discussing characters made that slightly easier. I think themed games need to stop revolving around figuring out who is who and actually doing reads. People can fake claim roles to seem like characters. It's also bullshit being mafia and seeing everyone confirm via character. Sayer was the absolute worst for it this game with Zero not far behind and if he didn't delude himself into thinking I was Kairi then things might have changed. I also thought it was bullshit that people defended themselves with "YOU KNOW WHO I AM" or w/e along those lines. That's practically character revealing. In any case, I did my best to use it against the town.

Regarding Wang, yeah, you kinda did force him out a bit, Sayer. I don't think there was any need to namedrop him there. Could've just watched him for a bit. Then again if there was a lynch wagon on Day 1 to look at then you might've had a better inkling. I also had nothing to do with Grim's lynching. That's on him for having a gaping hole in his logic and people jumping on it, rightly.

Also I fucking lolled at Sayer voting twice to lynch Zero.

GGs. If I ain't being murdered as town, I'm winning as maf x

Thanks for hosting, Silk
    Last edited by RainShaker; 01-18-2019 at 04:04 AM.

~
    ~ THE KING OF KINGS ~~
    Spoiler:

Mr. Victory Through Guts

Status

Either way I was suspicious of you at first and some of your disagreements with me were bordering on silly logically, but when it's you and people are not thinking you're Mafia made it seem totally legitimate. As far as the opening vote, losing the cop ruined things. It wasn't the wrong answer and I would argue it again barring the number of players being more.

Quote Originally Posted by Shake
    Regarding character stuff, I felt this game was verging on being absolute bullshit. Luckily, I claimed a power and you chucklefucks jumped on it and tried to assign me a character. The power was bullshit but I was trying to find Ansem the Wise so Mitch got his kill. You guys all discussing characters made that slightly easier. I think themed games need to stop revolving around figuring out who is who and actually doing reads. People can fake claim roles to seem like characters. It's also bullshit being mafia and seeing everyone confirm via character. Sayer was the absolute worst for it this game with Zero not far behind and if he didn't delude himself into thinking I was Kairi then things might have changed. I also thought it was bullshit that people defended themselves with "YOU KNOW WHO I AM" or w/e along those lines. That's practically character revealing. In any case, I did my best to use it against the town.
    It didn't even have an effect due to people not really knowing enough to use these knowledges effectively and in general, you're going to get that in any themed games. Just purely making reads has never been all there is to it in these games that I have seen. You may prefer it the other way around but it really isn't any better or worse or less bullshit. And I actually do too for the most part, I liked the non-themed games or things that had a unique take on things where people could be converted and whatnot to where that wasn't as big of a factor. Am not sorry at all nor do I feel I played out of bounds or even close to it. (Even Sayer for that matter, though I would rather he just played it straight with his reads. ) To me the idea of "power players" and people who are more relied upon and trustworthy than others is actually quite a bit more damaging than any kind of role scouting because it often turns these games into the same people arguing over and over. (Even in this game multiple times we saw examples of "X did this/played this way in previous games & that means y!" After all) I think people are more likely to want to participate and be active if they feel passionate about the subject matter and it's more involved and that shouldn't be curtailed or looked down upon. JMO.
    Ann Takamaki/Panther

And check out my podcasts! Every week from the MLW Radio Network (Though I'm not affliated with Jim Cornette personally)

Lucha Talk - Méxican Wrestling (w/LuchaWorld Boss Fredo Esparza & Spanish Translator MICROMANFEVER)

No One

Status

Telling people or strongly hinting at who your character is requires absolutelt zero skill. Its not in the spirit of mafia and is detrimental to the fun of deducing who is town and who isnt. Furthermore, it simply makes it feel like people shouldnt bother with a game if they dont know the subject matter because they end up on an immediate disadvantage compared to others.

Status

No hard feelings Zero. We were both on each other's ass the whole time, to the detriment of town. When you know good and well that you are town as fuck and someone is dropping your name every other post you tend to get aggressive with it and we were both guilty of this.

I wish we didn't rush that last lunch because like I said, I didnt believe Mitch and I wanted to go over all of his posts when I got out of work. Didnt get the chance.
    2018 King Of WrestlingClique

The Mayor of Slamtown

Status

Quote Originally Posted by Happy Jon View Post
    Telling people or strongly hinting at who your character is requires absolutelt zero skill. Its not in the spirit of mafia and is detrimental to the fun of deducing who is town and who isnt. Furthermore, it simply makes it feel like people shouldnt bother with a game if they dont know the subject matter because they end up on an immediate disadvantage compared to others.
    I didn't really hint at who my character was. Jiggy and I figured out each characters through my bodyguard claim. I didn't say "GAWRSH!" every other post or anything.

No One

Status

Quote Originally Posted by Jiggy View Post
    No hard feelings Zero. We were both on each other's ass the whole time, to the detriment of town. When you know good and well that you are town as fuck and someone is dropping your name every other post you tend to get aggressive with it and we were both guilty of this.

I wish we didn't rush that last lunch because like I said, I didnt believe Mitch and I wanted to go over all of his posts when I got out of work. Didnt get the chance.
    Me and Shake were plotting on rushing the lynch as soon as someone made a vote outside of us. Sayer sealed it

Status

Quote Originally Posted by Happy Jon View Post
    Me and Shake were plotting on rushing the lynch as soon as someone made a vote outside of us. Sayer sealed it
    I realized that the moment you and Shake hit the one-two. Good job.
    2018 King Of WrestlingClique

Status
      Country                    Jamaica

Quote Originally Posted by Zero View Post
    Either way I was suspicious of you at first and some of your disagreements with me were bordering on silly logically, but when it's you and people are not thinking you're Mafia made it seem totally legitimate. As far as the opening vote, losing the cop ruined things. It wasn't the wrong answer and I would argue it again barring the number of players being more.

It didn't even have an effect due to people not really knowing enough to use these knowledges effectively and in general, you're going to get that in any themed games. Just purely making reads has never been all there is to it in these games that I have seen. You may prefer it the other way around but it really isn't any better or worse or less bullshit. And I actually do too for the most part, I liked the non-themed games or things that had a unique take on things where people could be converted and whatnot to where that wasn't as big of a factor. Am not sorry at all nor do I feel I played out of bounds or even close to it. (Even Sayer for that matter, though I would rather he just played it straight with his reads. ) To me the idea of "power players" and people who are more relied upon and trustworthy than others is actually quite a bit more damaging than any kind of role scouting because it often turns these games into the same people arguing over and over. (Even in this game multiple times we saw examples of "X did this/played this way in previous games & that means y!" After all) I think people are more likely to want to participate and be active if they feel passionate about the subject matter and it's more involved and that shouldn't be curtailed or looked down upon. JMO.
    Disagreements such as? Aside from No Lynching vs Lynching (which I can argue until the end of the Earth), I never really felt I had any illogical disagreements but you might think differently. I think town would've won had they lynched on Day 1. They would've had a direction to go in. We absolutely took advantage of the no lynch as any mafia team should. Thanks for the free pass. If you had lynched me, Jon or Mitch, we might not have gone after CD. We might have gone after someone else for some other reason or whatever.

Arguing about twin roles not being in the game isn't illogical, it's just an improbable scenario but one that should be considered nonetheless. Not my fault people listen to me and are willing to consider these things but doesn't make it illogical. Just taking advantage of sheep mentality and people either not bothering to contribute or make their own mind up. That's the game bruv. Also, I legit meant you had tried to advocate lynching yourself, not Gipper. I just wrote it in a stupid way.

I had very little to do in this game other than to piggyback a few times and just let you, Jiggy and Sayer soak up all the attention. I absolutely do think using characters to confirm people is absolutely bullshit because it's a cheese tactic. You weren't role scouting, you were character scouting. Which, funnily enough, let me get away with murder because you and Sayer both tried to figure out who I was rather than actually doing anything more to question me or questioning why I didn't claim my power at the start so the town could help me 'find' the person. You guys bought my shit because Sayer thought I was Kairi and you clearly thought I matched up to someone. Maybe if you guys actually read me rather than actually fit me to a character to confirm my town status, you'd have got me. idk I think it's fair to say Jiggy played badly but I don't think he was anywhere near being the worst and I think he had a fairly decent game. He clicked Sayer was town. You two just didn't agree and it fucked town.

I don't know what out of bounds would be but when you are defending yourself with "WE ARE THE OBVIOUS TWIN CHARACTERS OF KH" then yeah, I think that's too far... unless yknow, you think twin roles being fake claimed could be a possible scenario. Otherwise, that is blatant. I would have been completely fine with Gipper naming who you were and you vice versa... because that's not you revealing your own character. But when you, yourself, are using your own character status to defend yourself, I think that ruins the spirit of the game. Jiggy's character was obvious yet he didn't go to that well ONCE. All he had to do was claim his importance and that was it. He never tried to say he was an important character or made any indication he was Sora. Imagine how annoying/shit it'd be if Jiggy turned around and said "I'M THE OBVIOUS IMPORTANT CHARACTER OF KH".

I'm bagging on you for character confirming and shit but you didn't seem to be able to realise Jiggy was Sora and Sayer was Goofy... which felt quite obvious as soon as they became friendly with each other. So idk. I could legit type more but I can't be assed. It's just a game and we can agree to disagree. But this game was absolutely rife with character reading and it derailed town big time IMO. Along with a few other things, obviously.

GG

Quote Originally Posted by Sayer View Post
    I didn't really hint at who my character was. Jiggy and I figured out each characters through my bodyguard claim. I didn't say "GAWRSH!" every other post or anything.
    Right. You were saying Jiggy picked up on who you were after Donald Duck had died. Leaving only Goofy to be the one. You also said in a post that you had hinted at who you were multiple times. Like with Zero, it's a difference of opinion. And like I've said before, you can fake claim roles to purposely mislead people in themed games. Regardless of it being true or not, I'd much rather character discussion stayed out of games. It's just not fun in my eyes. It's a shortcut in the logical deduction process involved in mafia reading when someone can just claim a role and be granted townie status because it fits a townie character.

Quote Originally Posted by Jiggy View Post
    I realized that the moment you and Shake hit the one-two. Good job.
    If the game carried on, I was going to pin shit on Sayer for voting twice You wouldn't have bought it but Gip might have. I was out picking up some ganjabis when Jon PMed me on here telling me to get in the Chatzy. We were legit worried that Zero had a +1 lynch and shit, proper making ourselves super paranoid but we realised Zero wouldn't have advocated to lynch himself if he had any fishy powers. So we got lucky Sayer voted him too I think you were the player we feared most because it'd all fall into place if you twigged Zero was innocent (hence why we didn't kill him or Gip - the way the game was going, a character reveal from either at the wrong time would wreck us). GGs bro. I'm sorry I had to do you like that but you got me with that fake investigation claim in the last game I played
    Last edited by RainShaker; 01-18-2019 at 03:54 PM.

~
    ~ THE KING OF KINGS ~~
    Spoiler:

Mr. Victory Through Guts

Status

Yeah, no worries. Like I said I actually agree that the the non themed games are better, but if you're going to them I think it's something to be accepted and a legitimate part ofthose particular games with proper limits of course. I don't think I crossed the line. And you yourself even showed a way to subvert it, Shake with your power claim. As for the Twins thing...it clearly wasn't that effective since nobody bought it anyway whether anybody said it. Plus Gip wasn't around as much because of his personal stuff like I said to really formulate plays or anything. I definitely don't think Jiggy was the worst, but simply put me against the wall early and while doing the best I could , it was just a hard situation.

I could tell Sayer was onto being Goofy but I wasn't buying his character work in terms of his power he claimed. Even he had directly said "I'm Goofy" I would have thought he was lying. If he had just kept himself to a traditional bodyguard I would have fully trusted him unless he slipped up somehow like Grim did and I couldn't piece together the reason for him making it up besides being Mafia somehow. (In Sayer's defense it appeared Jon believed it at least)

You have to remember as soon as Grim died Jiggy had came off claiming that he had an Ace power and town couldn't win without him. That to me is automatic red flag whenever anybody claims that because it makes you a target if legit and with the other two doctor and cop being known I just thought he was Mafia. I thought you were Sora with your power actually so that's why I suggested at the end to check Kairi. I had hoped your power was to reunite with Kairi, as at the end of KHII and we could have all either been in communication or gain some kind of powers. Obviously stupid Zero, I should have known Jiggy had a legit reason to claim that. That was definitely my fault.

Mainly to say about asking to lynch myself, I wasn't doing it in a traditional way, it's that Shake and Jiggy were basically on the same side for everything and I felt nobody on Town would go against them regardless of who was Mafia or if both were or neither were. I thought with me revealed as Town it would have given Town more info to go off of which was otherwise impossible and me & Jiggy weren't getting anywhere good anyway so although I can see why some people might have saw it as a cheap play, my intentions were good and to sacrifice for the Town to win.
    Ann Takamaki/Panther

Ambidextrous Birdcatcher

Status

Sayer couldn't legit brag about pegging the cop n1 so he had to bring up a game where he did.

I was making a half assed Full Metal Jacket reference with that post and immediately regretted it. I haven't outed myself as cop that bad since Harry Potter.

Spoiler:

Hail To The King

Status

The no lynch just came off a bit sussy zero. I was right bout mitch tho

Spoiler:

CWA World Heavyweight Champion
    Brayden Bridges

The Master

Status

Quote Originally Posted by OMB View Post
    The no lynch just came off a bit sussy zero. I was right bout mitch tho
    I mean your rep actually said "It's you or Zero" so lets not go into hyperdrive about how you had me pegged as mafia

The only time WWE came close to a good story line post Attitude Era was Undertaker/Mordecai - Dakstang

Hail To The King

Status

Quote Originally Posted by Slick Mitch View Post
    I mean your rep actually said "It's you or Zero" so lets not go into hyperdrive about how you had me pegged as mafia
    Lol yea i suppose

Spoiler:

CWA World Heavyweight Champion
    Brayden Bridges

Thread Information