Page 38 of 41 FirstFirst ... 283637383940 ... LastLast

Thread: All Elite Wrestling Discussion Thread

People's Champion

Status

Re: All Elite Wrestling Discussion Thread

Quote Originally Posted by King Steventon View Post
    Everyone keeps saying AEW have an "amazing" tag team division but I don't see it.

Bucks are either the greatest or worst thing in wrestling depending on your disposition but largely do the same shit every match. Lucha Bros are pretty whatever and again do the same shit every match and are both probably better as singles guys. Jack & Angelico are whatever. SCU are a fine opening mach warm-up act who can help work with the less experienced guys, but aren't going to do anything memorable or that exciting. Best Friends are a low-end comedy team doing goofball indy wrestling comedy shit and are pretty bad when trying to work serious matches. Private Party show promise but like the 6th best flippy high flyer team on a roster full of flippy flyer teams. Dark Order are whatever. LAX and Boy & His Dinosaur are just about the only teams there that could bring something new and exciting to the product.
    Well for one i live the Bucks. I love Lucha Bros and i like SCU. I also like Best Friends. Though i love Red Dragon, they're the only team in nxt i enjoy.

Oh yeah i love lax.

Imo they have a pretty stacked tag team division that i want to see matches with any combo of those teams
    ROH!!!ROH!!!ROH!!!

Last Real Man Hype

Status

Quote Originally Posted by King Steventon View Post
    Everyone keeps saying AEW have an "amazing" tag team division but I don't see it.

Bucks are either the greatest or worst thing in wrestling depending on your disposition but largely do the same shit every match. Lucha Bros are pretty whatever and again do the same shit every match and are both probably better as singles guys. Jack & Angelico are whatever. SCU are a fine opening mach warm-up act who can help work with the less experienced guys, but aren't going to do anything memorable or that exciting. Best Friends are a low-end comedy team doing goofball indy wrestling comedy shit and are pretty bad when trying to work serious matches. Private Party show promise but like the 6th best flippy high flyer team on a roster full of flippy flyer teams. Dark Order are whatever. LAX and Boy & His Dinosaur are just about the only teams there that could bring something new and exciting to the product.
    Thing is, I agree with the majority of this but hadn't quite realised because they at least have a variety of looks and characters among these teams that it feels like a well-rounded division.

Quote Originally Posted by Dakstang
    You can't have a reasonable discussion about serious topics with people like Marketh around.

TAKE THE DREAM~

Status
      Country                    England

Quote Originally Posted by indyfan View Post
    Yeah but who watches their shows is irrelevant to me. I get their roster is appealing to viewers....just not me. And its not like its been that way since the beginning( enjoy a lot of NXT from 2015 - 2018) but it seems to me the nxt buzz is kind of over. I mean its still there but theres no much to go crazy about. . No different than ROHs buzz being over even though they were doing better numbers than in the buzz worthy days.

If the 205 roster simply joins NXT, its say that would be a huge step up. Id much rather watch Lucha House party over Street Profits any day.

In fact looking at it, I'm not sure id say AEW roster is all that much better. They have an amazing tag team division but Orange Cassidey drags the whole ship down.
    Do they? It decent and there is some depth but it's not great, honestly.

Bucks - Inconsistent but stars

Lucha Bros - Same but doesn't have the highs of the Bucks.

Ortiz & Santana - Been good when I've seen them

Jungle Boy & Luchasarus - Okay. Fans are into them but I don't really care for them

Dark Order - A total flop so far

Jack Evans & Angelico - Bleh. Evans is fun but honestly, it doesn't matter when you have a lump as your partner?

Private Party - Awesome

Best Friends - I like them individually better tbh.

SCU - Good in their opening act roles.

Can't thing of anyone else. It's not looking great. Depth? Yes. Quality? Lacking.

Edit: Looks like someone got to this before me.

WAKE UP

Status

Quote Originally Posted by Marketh View Post
    Thing is, I agree with the majority of this but hadn't quite realised because they at least have a variety of looks and characters among these teams that it feels like a well-rounded division.
    yea basically what MC16 said just as I went to reply. I'd agree in terms of building a division they have a good range of different levels between stars and curtain jerkers and a variety of characters. But the majority of them all wrestle the same stylistically which hurts it, even if you don't think most of these teams suck like I do.

Relentless Admin

Status

Quote Originally Posted by Raye View Post
    I think NXT definitely has a more well rounded roster in terms of singles. Kenny's not entirely wrong though, nobody on NXT is a bigger star than him, Moxley, or Jericho. Hell, I'd even add Cody to that list.
    Oh I'd agree AEW has a couple main event stars that are more established names than anyone on NXT, and that could make a difference in ratings, but then there's a big drop off where NXT might have 20-30 very good male singles wrestlers who were popular indie acts and AEW's midcard has Shawn Spears and Kip Sabin and Brandon Cutler etc. On a week to week TV show, the lack of depth is going to show on AEW I feel. I've get to see a full break down on which women have signed up to AEW to do a comparison, but I trust Triple H to book the women better than AEW have currently booked theres.

and to add to Steve and MC's point about AEW's tag team division. I'd agree it's a strong point of their roster and they have options in there booking wise (I'd query them being too similar in style), but it's not like NXT's tag division is shabby. The NXT tag titles have been a huge plus for the brand for years, it's easily been the most reliable good thing about that brand for years now; is Undisputed Era, Street Profits, Imperium, Moustache Mountain (possibly), Lorcan and Burch, Forgotten Sons that much of a step down? I personally prefer it to AEW's high spots teams.

Indy, I do believe 205 Live's roster will be making appearances on NXT, as seen by Oney being on last night and having a CW title #1 contenders match.

People's Champion

Status

Quote Originally Posted by MC 16 View Post
    Do they? It decent and there is some depth but it's not great, honestly.

Bucks - Inconsistent but stars

Lucha Bros - Same but doesn't have the highs of the Bucks.

Ortiz & Santana - Been good when I've seen them

Jungle Boy & Luchasarus - Okay. Fans are into them but I don't really care for them

Dark Order - A total flop so far

Jack Evans & Angelico - Bleh. Evans is fun but honestly, it doesn't matter when you have a lump as your partner?

Private Party - Awesome

Best Friends - I like them individually better tbh.

SCU - Good in their opening act roles.

Can't thing of anyone else. It's not looking great. Depth? Yes. Quality? Lacking.

Edit: Looks like someone got to this before me.

OH OH OH let me try

Bucks - Awesome 9/10 and they are Stars

Lucha Bros - Always awesome.

Ortiz & Santana - Always awesome

Jungle Boy & Luchasarus - Okay.

Dark Order - Blah

Jack Evans & Angelico - decent enough

Private Party - no comment

Best Friends - Awesome

SCU - Awesome

Depth? Yes. Quality.. Damn right!!!.

So yeah awesome tag division!!!

Like i said the only team on NXT roster that i consider awesome is UE , Mustache Mountain and Lucha House Party (if applicable)
    Last edited by indyfan; 09-19-2019 at 07:42 PM.
    ROH!!!ROH!!!ROH!!!

Relentless Admin

Status

I really enjoy Lucha bros, but as I've said before I think they'd be better suited as two singles acts on this roster. We've seen them wrestle Bucks to death, and if you watched Impact, you've seen them wrestle LAX to death as well so I don't know what the money match is with them as a tag team right now because it ain't against Dark Order or SCU the two big heel teams. Pentagon Jr Vs Moxley or Darby or Jericho sounds like money to me, Fenix against the likes of PAC or Omega would attract a lot of fans as well I think.

TAKE THE DREAM~

Status

Fenix on his own is much better than any tag match he can have. Although I'm all for saving his singles run for later as everything is happening now that they probably should save some of it for later.

People's Champion

Status

Quote Originally Posted by Ed View Post
    I really enjoy Lucha bros, but as I've said before I think they'd be better suited as two singles acts on this roster. We've seen them wrestle Bucks to death, and if you watched Impact, you've seen them wrestle LAX to death as well so I don't know what the money match is with them as a tag team right now because it ain't against Dark Order or SCU the two big heel teams. Pentagon Jr Vs Moxley or Darby or Jericho sounds like money to me, Fenix against the likes of PAC or Omega would attract a lot of fans as well I think.
    You can say the same thing about NXT s tag division. Street profits vs UE...again!!! or Lorcan and Burch vs UE

There's nothing wrong with tag teams facing each other again.

Also what's wrong with tag teams doing singles matches like they used to do in the 80s and what they did in ROH in the golden years?

Tag teams don't have to stay in tag teams 100 % of the time. You don't have to break them up either.

But im biased..i love tag team wrestling and id watch that over any singles matches
    ROH!!!ROH!!!ROH!!!

Status
      Country                    United States

I'm taking AEW's tag division over any other major company's (especially if you split WWE's into two brands) by a comfortable margin.

WAKE UP

Status

Quote Originally Posted by indyfan View Post
    You can say the same thing about NXT s tag division. Street profits vs UE...again!!! or Lorcan and Burch vs UE

There's nothing wrong with tag teams facing each other again.

Also what's wrong with tag teams doing singles matches like they used to do in the 80s and what they did in ROH in the golden years?

Tag teams don't have to stay in tag teams 100 % of the time. You don't have to break them up either.

But im biased..i love tag team wrestling and id watch that over any singles matches
    What was the last TakeOver tag match that was a repeat?

The NXT Tag titles are probably the most consistently good thing in wrestling. The last UE vs Street Profits match was unmemorable, but before that you'd have to go far back to find a tag title TakeOver match that didn't deliver.

THE HEARTBREAK KID

Status
      Country                    Portugal

A little behind but I love that poster, looks awesome! No Page on there is a bit of a surprise though, I agree.

Bit surprised that Lucha/Jungle Boy are going against the Lucha Bro's in the first round- I thought maybe that would have been saved for further in the tournament. Would be a huge win if they can get past Fenix & Penta though. I think we will probaly see Penta & Fenix move into single's competition and help flesh out the roster a little bit and also offer some more options for the likes Page, Cody, Omega and even Jericho to feud against down the line.

Definately in agreement that NXT's roster is stronger then AEW's at this moment in time overall but I like what AEW are doing with their Tag Team Division. I'm not keen on their Women's Division though and they definately need some more bodies to create a good midcard if they create a TV Championshiop or whatever.

"LET ME IN.."

Mid-Card Champion

Status

The women’s division needs more characters and top notch talent. I know it’ll come with time. I just wanna see how the show will be formatted and how The Elite will do producing storylines week to week

Hail To The King

Status

I would think Rosemary & Taya will be coming to AEW at some point. Def think Rosemary will.

Spoiler:

CWA World Heavyweight Champion
    Brayden Bridges

On Vacation

Status
      Country                    Puerto Rico

Quote Originally Posted by OMB View Post
    I would think Rosemary & Taya will be coming to AEW at some point. Def think Rosemary will.
    Don't put that vibe out there OMB it just might happen and I can't take my heart being further broken after LAX left. Seeing as Allie went there and Rosemary and Allie are best friends in real life it could happen, but Rosemary right now I believe needs to take a break from Wrestling. Rosemary in Impact is not the same as she was a few Years back when I pinning her as the Women of the Year. Injures has really slowed her down and she wouldn't say it I don't think she working at 100%. I would love to see her take a break to get health back in order and tear it up again.

Mid-Card Champion

Status

Anyone think Kylie Rae is gonna make a return? Her departure was so weird.

Relentless Admin

Status

Quote Originally Posted by Gambit View Post
    I'd say there's zero chance of that happening.

THE HEARTBREAK KID

Status
      Country                    Portugal

Yeah I don't see Rae heading back to AEW, but I can definately see Rosemary going there in the future.

"LET ME IN.."

Jobber

Status

Quote Originally Posted by Gambit View Post
    I don’t think so. True, her release was incredibly weird and there’s so much wild speculation about what happened. Even to the point that people think she signed an NDA. Either way, I’m glad she returned to wrestling.

PROVERBS 3:5-6

Mid-Card Champion

Status
      Country                    Canada

Don't see her coming back to AEW, and don't think we'll find out what happened for a long-long time, if ever.

Page 38 of 41 FirstFirst ... 283637383940 ... LastLast

Thread Information