Page 24 of 30 FirstFirst ... 142223242526 ... LastLast
Results 461 to 480 of 581

Thread: All Elite Wrestling Discussion Thread

  1. #461
    Heel Champion
    Baldrick's Avatar

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Jan 2017
    Location
    Wales
    Posts
    3,652
    Rep Power
    290295
      Country                    Wales

    Re: All Elite Wrestling Discussion Thread

    I don't see how you don't close the show with your main title match, no matter who is in it.
    I have a plan so cunning......

  2. #462
    Scumbag Role Model
    Tennessee Nicky's Avatar

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Tennessee
    Posts
    47,105
    Rep Power
    1345617
      Country                    United States

    Re: All Elite Wrestling Discussion Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Ed View Post
    I think you have to go with the championship match even if Hangman is the least popular by far of those four wrestlers.

    They have got to sort out their youtube situation; why are their videos still split between different youtube accounts, it should all be in one place now.
    Egos are a wonderful/terrible thing.

    The championship match has to main event given how much has been talked about out the ass about it. I don’t like Hangman much but either him or Jericho winning will get a pop and won’t go over like a wet fart. Especially if it’s Jericho because then they can instantly establish his next challenger and get people’s juices flowing.
    -------
    Quote Originally Posted by RaiZ-R View Post
    What the fuck is happening to you guys? I once got a blowjob where she used her teeth a little bit too much and I ended up with a bloody dick, I still enjoyed the blowjob up to the point I started bleeding. I can honestly say that I have never had anything I would call a bad blowjob, that wasn't a great experience but up until I started gushing blood I was having a great time!
    Spoiler:


  3. #463
    TAKE THE DREAM~

    MC 16's Avatar

    Status
    Online
    Join Date
    Jul 2016
    Location
    The Lesnar Farm
    Posts
    7,269
    Rep Power
    886971
      Country                    England

    Re: All Elite Wrestling Discussion Thread

    I think this is one of the first blunders in AEW, as far as booking goes. The bigger match going into All Out isn't the title match which isn't necessarily a good thing. And it's caused a dilemma. Page vs Jericho should go on last because it's the title match but it doesn't scream the worthy main event to me at all whereas Moxley vs Omega does. Jericho is Jericho but Page isn't up to that level in terms of star power. That could change in the next few months but it's a big mountain to climb.

  4. #464
    WAKE UP

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Posts
    32,384
    Rep Power
    285929

    Re: All Elite Wrestling Discussion Thread

    has it actually been confirmed Omega vs Moxley is the main event?

  5. #465
    Heel Champion
    Baldwin's Avatar

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Posts
    3,449
    Rep Power
    100670
      Country                    Scotland

    Re: All Elite Wrestling Discussion Thread

    It won't be. They will want to make their title mean something and the smart way would to make it the ME. Jericho/Hangman isn't as appealing as Omega/Mox but the stakes of it mean so much more in the grand scheme of things.

  6. #466
    [Knockin' on Heaven's Door]
    Postman Dave's Avatar

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Posts
    8,507
    Rep Power
    695429
      Country                    England

    Re: All Elite Wrestling Discussion Thread

    They need an legit winner for their world title match. You could easily run a double DQ or something with Omega/Moxley to keep some interest in a rematch down the line. Title also needs to start on a high note.

    Sent from my E5823 using Tapatalk

  7. #467
    THE HEARTBREAK KID
    Deco90's Avatar

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Mar 2017
    Location
    United Kingdom
    Posts
    877
    Rep Power
    127182
      Country                    Portugal

    Re: All Elite Wrestling Discussion Thread

    Read through the comments and it's an interesting debate.

    Could go either way. As I said, I think the Title match should for sure. But there is no doubting that Moxley/Omega is the bigger match and it's going to be very hard for Jericho/Hangman to follow that it would seem so either way, it's a tough situation from a booking stand point.


    "LET ME IN.."

  8. #468
    Relentless Admin

    Ed's Avatar

    Status
    Online
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Dudley, England
    Posts
    36,597
    Rep Power
    2382455
      Country                    England

    Re: All Elite Wrestling Discussion Thread

    Omega vs CIMA announced for fight for the fallen.

  9. #469
    Mid-Card Champion
    Raye's Avatar

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Aug 2018
    Posts
    593
    Rep Power
    176946
      Country                    Canada

    Re: All Elite Wrestling Discussion Thread

    I think they're announcing the TV start date today, hopefully they announce the location of the first TV live show too. They're teasing it on twitter to follow AEWonTNT on Twitter & IG.

  10. #470
    WC Hall Of Famer

    Jimmy King's Avatar

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    San Diego, CA
    Posts
    8,912
    Rep Power
    956358
      Country                    United States

    Re: All Elite Wrestling Discussion Thread



    Mark your calendars, October 2nd AEW tv debuts on TNT!


    Rest in power, Flock U

    Team Cyrus T is Best for Business

    Quote Originally Posted by Ed
    Stop the hating of the E-Feds. If you don't like something, that's fine, just ignore it and let the people who do enjoy what they're here on WC to do. Mocking them to make you feel less of a geek for being on a geek on a wrestling forum is lame. If you want to not read their posts, I can fix that for you.

  11. #471
    TAKE THE DREAM~

    MC 16's Avatar

    Status
    Online
    Join Date
    Jul 2016
    Location
    The Lesnar Farm
    Posts
    7,269
    Rep Power
    886971
      Country                    England

    Re: All Elite Wrestling Discussion Thread

    Interesting. How big is the Capital One arena? Because I think AEW will struggle to sell out big arenas weekly. (not this one as it's the first one and people want to witness history)

  12. #472
    WAKE UP

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Posts
    32,384
    Rep Power
    285929

    Re: All Elite Wrestling Discussion Thread

    so are they live on TV or recorded? i thought it was the latter

  13. #473
    TAKE THE DREAM~

    MC 16's Avatar

    Status
    Online
    Join Date
    Jul 2016
    Location
    The Lesnar Farm
    Posts
    7,269
    Rep Power
    886971
      Country                    England

    Re: All Elite Wrestling Discussion Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by King Steventon View Post
    so are they live on TV or recorded? i thought it was the latter
    I think the impression is that it will be live tv.

  14. #474
    Mid-Card Champion
    Raye's Avatar

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Aug 2018
    Posts
    593
    Rep Power
    176946
      Country                    Canada

    Re: All Elite Wrestling Discussion Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by King Steventon View Post
    so are they live on TV or recorded? i thought it was the latter
    They're doing live weekly shows.

  15. #475
    Crotchety Old SMOD

    Fuji Vice's Avatar

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    The Wing Kong Exchange
    Posts
    28,947
    Rep Power
    1883442
      Country                    Canada

    Re: All Elite Wrestling Discussion Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by MC 16 View Post
    Interesting. How big is the Capital One arena? Because I think AEW will struggle to sell out big arenas weekly. (not this one as it's the first one and people want to witness history)
    It holds over 20,000. It's possible they'll sell it out, but if they don't they can just section some of it off so it looks full.


    Ask Fuji|2019 Movie Log

    Help decide WC's Fave Five WWE Superstars of 2019~!

    ​​​



    Quote Originally Posted by Wang Chung
    Fuji- got his hint possibly town but also threatened Cox with a burrito up his ass







  16. #476
    TAKE THE DREAM~

    MC 16's Avatar

    Status
    Online
    Join Date
    Jul 2016
    Location
    The Lesnar Farm
    Posts
    7,269
    Rep Power
    886971
      Country                    England

    Re: All Elite Wrestling Discussion Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Fuji Vice View Post
    It holds over 20,000. It's possible they'll sell it out, but if they don't they can just section some of it off so it looks full.
    That's quite a house, potentially. I think they have a good chance of selling it out though, even if it's not 20,000 (as it depends on who much tickets are available for the show).

  17. #477
    Mid-Card Champion
    Raye's Avatar

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Aug 2018
    Posts
    593
    Rep Power
    176946
      Country                    Canada

    Re: All Elite Wrestling Discussion Thread

    For AEW Double or Nothing, the capacity for the MGM Grand Garden Arena is 16,800 people. For their upcoming show AEW All Out, the capacity for the Sears Centre Arena is 11,218 people. This show holds a little over 5000 less people than their debut PPV.

    That isn't really of any significant importance until you look at their debut show on TNT. The Capital One Arena for their debut show on TNT has a capacity of 20,356 people. Yes we know, for wrestling capacity isn't always the all-telling tale, because the stage and what not bite into the capacity. HOWEVER, that doesn't excuse the fact that the arena still holds approximately 3.5 thousand people more than the largest arena they've booked thus far.

    They've got something huge planned, you don't just book an arena significantly more massive than both PPVs that you have done without an ace up your sleeve. I feel like they have to have something huge planned (CM Punk) in order to pack that arena. It logically wouldn't make sense, TNT debut show or not, to target an arena of that capacity, almost twice the size of the MGM Grand in terms of capacity, and not have an ace up your sleeve.

  18. #478

    Re: All Elite Wrestling Discussion Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Raye View Post
    It logically wouldn't make sense, TNT debut show or not, to target an arena of that capacity, almost twice the size of the MGM Grand in terms of capacity, and not have an ace up your sleeve.
    Whether they end up running some sort of big surprise or not, I disagree that it doesn't make sense. Thus far, their two main shows, Double or Nothing and All Out, both sold out. Going back further to All In and that's a three show run by these guys of selling out (Not counting Fyter Fest since that was another event that they were just a part of and I guess they sold out at Fight for the Fallen, but that was such a small building). It only makes sense that they're going to keep trying to increase the size of the building to see how many people they can legitimately bring in. Ultimately, you're saying there has to be some huge surprise to justify increasing a building size by a mere 3,500 seats. Forget about how many people can fit in the Sears Center for All Out, they've already proven that they can sell way more tickets than just 11,000.

  19. #479
    Mid-Card Champion
    Raye's Avatar

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Aug 2018
    Posts
    593
    Rep Power
    176946
      Country                    Canada

    Re: All Elite Wrestling Discussion Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Jim View Post
    Whether they end up running some sort of big surprise or not, I disagree that it doesn't make sense. Thus far, their two main shows, Double or Nothing and All Out, both sold out. Going back further to All In and that's a three show run by these guys of selling out (Not counting Fyter Fest since that was another event that they were just a part of and I guess they sold out at Fight for the Fallen, but that was such a small building). It only makes sense that they're going to keep trying to increase the size of the building to see how many people they can legitimately bring in. Ultimately, you're saying there has to be some huge surprise to justify increasing a building size by a mere 3,500 seats. Forget about how many people can fit in the Sears Center for All Out, they've already proven that they can sell way more tickets than just 11,000.
    But the fact that they've proven how fast they can sell out is what boggles my mind. The MGM Grand was booked and sold out before they booked the Sears Centre for All Out in Chicago. They opted to go for a smaller arena even though they knew that their headlines would be a AEW World Championship title match, and Jon Moxley in some capacity, in Chicago. That alone would've been enough to sell out tickets to a bigger arena. The fact that they opted for Chicago specifically is why it just leads on the CM Punk theory. Page tweeting about Punk, how his BTE storylines should be texted, mocking the ESPN interview. Cody tweeting how he wouldn't be surprised if Punk went back to the WWE out of the blue. They're teasing it really hard, and basically everything Cody has said/done thus far has been foreshadowing something in the future. The MGM Grand only holds 75% of what the Capital One Arena holds, that's a huge difference. Meanwhile the Sears Centre holds just over 50% of what the Capital One Arena can hold. That's a HUGE difference. A lot of that can be credited to the fact that it's their debut show on TNT, but surely they have to have an ace of some sort up their sleeve.

  20. #480

    Re: All Elite Wrestling Discussion Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Raye View Post
    But the fact that they've proven how fast they can sell out is what boggles my mind. The MGM Grand was booked and sold out before they booked the Sears Centre for All Out in Chicago. They opted to go for a smaller arena even though they knew that their headlines would be a AEW World Championship title match, and Jon Moxley in some capacity, in Chicago. That alone would've been enough to sell out tickets to a bigger arena. The fact that they opted for Chicago specifically is why it just leads on the CM Punk theory. Page tweeting about Punk, how his BTE storylines should be texted, mocking the ESPN interview. Cody tweeting how he wouldn't be surprised if Punk went back to the WWE out of the blue. They're teasing it really hard, and basically everything Cody has said/done thus far has been foreshadowing something in the future. The MGM Grand only holds 75% of what the Capital One Arena holds, that's a huge difference. Meanwhile the Sears Centre holds just over 50% of what the Capital One Arena can hold. That's a HUGE difference. A lot of that can be credited to the fact that it's their debut show on TNT, but surely they have to have an ace of some sort up their sleeve.
    I think you're looking at this from a very narrow perspective instead of looking at other possibilities. For example, AEW doesn't need a reason to run Chicago. Chicago is a huge wrestling city whether you plan on bringing in Punk or not. Meanwhile, what if the entire reason why they went for the Sears Center in Chicago for All Out is because they were unable to get to the Allstate Arena due to the WWE blocking them? Considering how often the WWE runs the Allstate Arena in Chicago, it's very reasonable to believe that they have a lock on the building. Likewise, do you have any idea of the prices of running a show at the Sears Center vs at the Allstate Arena? How about any other building AEW is running?

    There's a million reasons why a company would or would not run a building for a specific show, but by assuming that it has to do with a surprise of CM Punk, you're ignoring all of the other explanations.

Page 24 of 30 FirstFirst ... 142223242526 ... LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •