Page 24 of 30 FirstFirst ... 142223242526 ... LastLast

Thread: All Elite Wrestling Discussion Thread

Heel Champion

Status
      Country                    Wales

Re: All Elite Wrestling Discussion Thread

I don't see how you don't close the show with your main title match, no matter who is in it.
    I have a plan so cunning......

Scumbag Role Model

Status
      Country                    United States

Quote Originally Posted by Ed View Post
    I think you have to go with the championship match even if Hangman is the least popular by far of those four wrestlers.

They have got to sort out their youtube situation; why are their videos still split between different youtube accounts, it should all be in one place now.
    Egos are a wonderful/terrible thing.

The championship match has to main event given how much has been talked about out the ass about it. I don’t like Hangman much but either him or Jericho winning will get a pop and won’t go over like a wet fart. Especially if it’s Jericho because then they can instantly establish his next challenger and get people’s juices flowing.
    -------
    Quote Originally Posted by RaiZ-R View Post
    What the fuck is happening to you guys? I once got a blowjob where she used her teeth a little bit too much and I ended up with a bloody dick, I still enjoyed the blowjob up to the point I started bleeding. I can honestly say that I have never had anything I would call a bad blowjob, that wasn't a great experience but up until I started gushing blood I was having a great time!
    Spoiler:

TAKE THE DREAM~

Status
      Country                    England

I think this is one of the first blunders in AEW, as far as booking goes. The bigger match going into All Out isn't the title match which isn't necessarily a good thing. And it's caused a dilemma. Page vs Jericho should go on last because it's the title match but it doesn't scream the worthy main event to me at all whereas Moxley vs Omega does. Jericho is Jericho but Page isn't up to that level in terms of star power. That could change in the next few months but it's a big mountain to climb.

WAKE UP

Status

has it actually been confirmed Omega vs Moxley is the main event?

Heel Champion

Status
      Country                    Scotland

It won't be. They will want to make their title mean something and the smart way would to make it the ME. Jericho/Hangman isn't as appealing as Omega/Mox but the stakes of it mean so much more in the grand scheme of things.

[Knockin' on Heaven's Door]

Status

They need an legit winner for their world title match. You could easily run a double DQ or something with Omega/Moxley to keep some interest in a rematch down the line. Title also needs to start on a high note.

Sent from my E5823 using Tapatalk

THE HEARTBREAK KID

Status
      Country                    Portugal

Read through the comments and it's an interesting debate.

Could go either way. As I said, I think the Title match should for sure. But there is no doubting that Moxley/Omega is the bigger match and it's going to be very hard for Jericho/Hangman to follow that it would seem so either way, it's a tough situation from a booking stand point.

"LET ME IN.."

Relentless Admin

Status

Omega vs CIMA announced for fight for the fallen.

Mid-Card Champion

Status
      Country                    Canada

I think they're announcing the TV start date today, hopefully they announce the location of the first TV live show too. They're teasing it on twitter to follow AEWonTNT on Twitter & IG.

WC Hall Of Famer

Status
      Country                    United States

Mark your calendars, October 2nd AEW tv debuts on TNT!

Rest in power, Flock U

Team Cyrus T is Best for Business

Quote Originally Posted by Ed
    Stop the hating of the E-Feds. If you don't like something, that's fine, just ignore it and let the people who do enjoy what they're here on WC to do. Mocking them to make you feel less of a geek for being on a geek on a wrestling forum is lame. If you want to not read their posts, I can fix that for you.

TAKE THE DREAM~

Status

Interesting. How big is the Capital One arena? Because I think AEW will struggle to sell out big arenas weekly. (not this one as it's the first one and people want to witness history)

WAKE UP

Status

so are they live on TV or recorded? i thought it was the latter

TAKE THE DREAM~

Status

Quote Originally Posted by King Steventon View Post
    I think the impression is that it will be live tv.

Mid-Card Champion

Status

Quote Originally Posted by King Steventon View Post
    They're doing live weekly shows.

Crotchety Old SMOD

Status

Quote Originally Posted by MC 16 View Post
    Interesting. How big is the Capital One arena? Because I think AEW will struggle to sell out big arenas weekly. (not this one as it's the first one and people want to witness history)
    It holds over 20,000. It's possible they'll sell it out, but if they don't they can just section some of it off so it looks full.

Ask Fuji|2019 Movie Log

Help decide WC's Fave Five WWE Superstars of 2019~!

​​​

Quote Originally Posted by Wang Chung
    Fuji- got his hint possibly town but also threatened Cox with a burrito up his ass

TAKE THE DREAM~

Status

Quote Originally Posted by Fuji Vice View Post
    It holds over 20,000. It's possible they'll sell it out, but if they don't they can just section some of it off so it looks full.
    That's quite a house, potentially. I think they have a good chance of selling it out though, even if it's not 20,000 (as it depends on who much tickets are available for the show).

Mid-Card Champion

Status

For AEW Double or Nothing, the capacity for the MGM Grand Garden Arena is 16,800 people. For their upcoming show AEW All Out, the capacity for the Sears Centre Arena is 11,218 people. This show holds a little over 5000 less people than their debut PPV.

That isn't really of any significant importance until you look at their debut show on TNT. The Capital One Arena for their debut show on TNT has a capacity of 20,356 people. Yes we know, for wrestling capacity isn't always the all-telling tale, because the stage and what not bite into the capacity. HOWEVER, that doesn't excuse the fact that the arena still holds approximately 3.5 thousand people more than the largest arena they've booked thus far.

They've got something huge planned, you don't just book an arena significantly more massive than both PPVs that you have done without an ace up your sleeve. I feel like they have to have something huge planned (CM Punk) in order to pack that arena. It logically wouldn't make sense, TNT debut show or not, to target an arena of that capacity, almost twice the size of the MGM Grand in terms of capacity, and not have an ace up your sleeve.

Quote Originally Posted by Raye View Post
    It logically wouldn't make sense, TNT debut show or not, to target an arena of that capacity, almost twice the size of the MGM Grand in terms of capacity, and not have an ace up your sleeve.
    Whether they end up running some sort of big surprise or not, I disagree that it doesn't make sense. Thus far, their two main shows, Double or Nothing and All Out, both sold out. Going back further to All In and that's a three show run by these guys of selling out (Not counting Fyter Fest since that was another event that they were just a part of and I guess they sold out at Fight for the Fallen, but that was such a small building). It only makes sense that they're going to keep trying to increase the size of the building to see how many people they can legitimately bring in. Ultimately, you're saying there has to be some huge surprise to justify increasing a building size by a mere 3,500 seats. Forget about how many people can fit in the Sears Center for All Out, they've already proven that they can sell way more tickets than just 11,000.

Mid-Card Champion

Status

Quote Originally Posted by Jim View Post
    Whether they end up running some sort of big surprise or not, I disagree that it doesn't make sense. Thus far, their two main shows, Double or Nothing and All Out, both sold out. Going back further to All In and that's a three show run by these guys of selling out (Not counting Fyter Fest since that was another event that they were just a part of and I guess they sold out at Fight for the Fallen, but that was such a small building). It only makes sense that they're going to keep trying to increase the size of the building to see how many people they can legitimately bring in. Ultimately, you're saying there has to be some huge surprise to justify increasing a building size by a mere 3,500 seats. Forget about how many people can fit in the Sears Center for All Out, they've already proven that they can sell way more tickets than just 11,000.
    But the fact that they've proven how fast they can sell out is what boggles my mind. The MGM Grand was booked and sold out before they booked the Sears Centre for All Out in Chicago. They opted to go for a smaller arena even though they knew that their headlines would be a AEW World Championship title match, and Jon Moxley in some capacity, in Chicago. That alone would've been enough to sell out tickets to a bigger arena. The fact that they opted for Chicago specifically is why it just leads on the CM Punk theory. Page tweeting about Punk, how his BTE storylines should be texted, mocking the ESPN interview. Cody tweeting how he wouldn't be surprised if Punk went back to the WWE out of the blue. They're teasing it really hard, and basically everything Cody has said/done thus far has been foreshadowing something in the future. The MGM Grand only holds 75% of what the Capital One Arena holds, that's a huge difference. Meanwhile the Sears Centre holds just over 50% of what the Capital One Arena can hold. That's a HUGE difference. A lot of that can be credited to the fact that it's their debut show on TNT, but surely they have to have an ace of some sort up their sleeve.

Quote Originally Posted by Raye View Post
    But the fact that they've proven how fast they can sell out is what boggles my mind. The MGM Grand was booked and sold out before they booked the Sears Centre for All Out in Chicago. They opted to go for a smaller arena even though they knew that their headlines would be a AEW World Championship title match, and Jon Moxley in some capacity, in Chicago. That alone would've been enough to sell out tickets to a bigger arena. The fact that they opted for Chicago specifically is why it just leads on the CM Punk theory. Page tweeting about Punk, how his BTE storylines should be texted, mocking the ESPN interview. Cody tweeting how he wouldn't be surprised if Punk went back to the WWE out of the blue. They're teasing it really hard, and basically everything Cody has said/done thus far has been foreshadowing something in the future. The MGM Grand only holds 75% of what the Capital One Arena holds, that's a huge difference. Meanwhile the Sears Centre holds just over 50% of what the Capital One Arena can hold. That's a HUGE difference. A lot of that can be credited to the fact that it's their debut show on TNT, but surely they have to have an ace of some sort up their sleeve.
    I think you're looking at this from a very narrow perspective instead of looking at other possibilities. For example, AEW doesn't need a reason to run Chicago. Chicago is a huge wrestling city whether you plan on bringing in Punk or not. Meanwhile, what if the entire reason why they went for the Sears Center in Chicago for All Out is because they were unable to get to the Allstate Arena due to the WWE blocking them? Considering how often the WWE runs the Allstate Arena in Chicago, it's very reasonable to believe that they have a lock on the building. Likewise, do you have any idea of the prices of running a show at the Sears Center vs at the Allstate Arena? How about any other building AEW is running?

There's a million reasons why a company would or would not run a building for a specific show, but by assuming that it has to do with a surprise of CM Punk, you're ignoring all of the other explanations.

Page 24 of 30 FirstFirst ... 142223242526 ... LastLast

Thread Information