Page 2 of 40 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: All Elite Wrestling Discussion Thread

People's Champion

Status

Re: All Elite Wrestling

Quote Originally Posted by Tennessee Nicky View Post
    Cat’s finally out of the bag. I’m not rooting against this though I’m not a huge Elite fan. They got a lot on their back to not only make this successful but add to the excitement of wrestling in 2019. More wrestling, the merrier.
    Couldnt agree more.
    ROH!!!ROH!!!ROH!!!

Last Real Man Hype

Status

See, Jim. Nicky knows how to avoid indyfan’s wrath.

Quote Originally Posted by Dakstang
    You can't have a reasonable discussion about serious topics with people like Marketh around.

Quote Originally Posted by indyfan View Post
    Look jim.yes you did say that but followed it up with finally crash and burn. Take out the finally...and the last line sounds different. If you simply said get bigger or crash and burn. I wouldnt of asked. The useage of finally made me wonder if you are expecting/hoping them to.
    FFS, do I need your approval before posting a reply so that it gets the indy seal of approval?

The "Finally" is regarding the fact that The Elite have yet to have a failure, so if this would be a failure, it would finally be them crashing and burning.

Relentless Admin

Status
      Country                    England

Where are people reading that contracts to AEW prohibit wrestlers from working elsewhere? Eds tweeting about that. Thats why im asking.
    I didn't tweet about contracts and who they can and can't work for. I made a tweet highlighting a hypocrisy that when WWE sign away the top talent on the US indies it's seen as killing competition, but if AEW do it from the same pool it's 'competition is great' with not much concern for what effect that's going to have on the US indies. Both things are true, competition is going to be good for the fans and the talent, but it is going to chip away at the indies like ROH, MLW and NXT have done this last year.

Everything is speculation at this point, but if the plan is to work TV into their structure then I would imagine their contracts would at least be similar to ROH or MLW where it is stated who you aren't allowed to work for. I mean why would you leave ROH with an MSG show months away if your new promotion has no restrictions on where talent can work? Fairly obvious that if you're in bed with AEW then you can't also work with ROH. This is something that's going to dominate the whole year now because it won't just be the big promotions in America, it'll probably be all the global partners of those companies ending up having to pick sides and navigate through contract minefields when they try to book talent.

I'm sure there was a report that PAC turned down an All In appearance, gotta imagine they're trying to bring him in for AEW.

People's Champion

Status

Quote Originally Posted by Jim View Post
    FFS, do I need your approval before posting a reply so that it gets the indy seal of approval?

The "Finally" is regarding the fact that The Elite have yet to have a failure, so if this would be a failure, it would finally be them crashing and burning.
    Thank you for clearing that up.

I would prefer if you check with me first. however, I hope you ll do better next time.

Quote Originally Posted by Ed View Post
    I didn't tweet about contracts and who they can and can't work for. I made a tweet highlighting a hypocrisy that when WWE sign away the top talent on the US indies it's seen as killing competition, but if AEW do it from the same pool it's 'competition is great' with not much concern for what effect that's going to have on the US indies. Both things are true, competition is going to be good for the fans and the talent, but it is going to chip away at the indies like ROH, MLW and NXT have done this last year.

Everything is speculation at this point, but if the plan is to work TV into their structure then I would imagine their contracts would at least be similar to ROH or MLW where it is stated who you aren't allowed to work for. I mean why would you leave ROH with an MSG show months away if your new promotion has no restrictions on where talent can work? Fairly obvious that if you're in bed with AEW then you can't also work with ROH. This is something that's going to dominate the whole year now because it won't just be the big promotions in America, it'll probably be all the global partners of those companies ending up having to pick sides and navigate through contract minefields when they try to book talent.

I'm sure there was a report that PAC turned down an All In appearance, gotta imagine they're trying to bring him in for AEW.
    The only report i have heard about was Young Bucks, Cody and Page turning down WWE and apparently it was big money.

Also people consider NXT an indy promotion?
    Last edited by indyfan; 01-01-2019 at 04:46 PM.
    ROH!!!ROH!!!ROH!!!

Status
      Country                    United States

Thank you for clearing that up.

I would prefer if you check with me first. however, I hope you ll do better next time.

The only report i have heard about was Young Bucks, Cody and Page turning down WWE and apparently it was big money.

Also people consider NXT an indy promotion?
    I believe he was saying NXT chipped away at the indies. Not that they were indy.

I'm pretty excited. My assumption is this will be fairly entertainment based and not super reliant on work rate based on All In. Which of course is the smart way to go for mass appeal. I look forward to seeing what kind of ideas The Elite can hatch with the opportunity to play storylines out event after event instead of the one off show. I could really never root for a company to fail, unless they were run by or promoted someone really shady so I do hope for nothing but success for them.

Relentless Admin

Status

Quote Originally Posted by The EC
    I believe he was saying NXT chipped away at the indies. Not that they were indy.
    Bingo.

Mid-Card Champion

Status
      Country                    Canada

I don't think you can place a correlation between ROH and AEW. ROH has been stale and boring for a long, long time now. It realistically hasn't been all that great since Nigel, Bryan, Aries, Black/Rollins have left the place. Not to mention their tv production has been atrocious. I don't understand how you can be owned by Sinclair and put on such awful production and look so bush league. All In on the other hand had a big time feel to it and was produced much more professionally.

Khan is richer than both Vince and Turner. That's why there's so much legitimate hype behind this. I don't know if we can believe all the rumours but apparently they are in talks with some big networks for a television deal, but they're holding out and waiting to decide on what the best offer is.

There's still a lot of unknowns such a rosters and working relationships, but we'll hopefully find out much more on the 8th. I'm very optimistic and hopeful because competition is only going to drive WWE to put on a better product, so in the end we wind up the winners. Is there a chance this fails? Yes. BUT... would I be a real wrestling fan if I didn't support AEW and be happy for all the opportunities wrestlers have to earn more money and support their families? It's a great year to be a wrestling fan.

Mr. Victory Through Guts

Status
      Country                    Hong Kong

Indyfan this thread. Embarrassing.

I both want this succeed since this will give another place for wrestlers to work and I have heard good things in terms of them getting benefits in terms of insurance and things and also think they're at a point where logically you can't bet against Cody in his business ventures. I'll be surprised if with the Khan money helping them this doesn't become something. Plus best of all it likely gets Omega out of NJPW, at least in a main event role which is definitely the best for the company as well as me personally as a fan. I doubt AEW will ever be a company I get too much into if it turns out to just be a vanity promotion like we all probably know it will be, especially for rather unlikable people like The Elite, but ROH has proven completely incompetent at being a number 2 wrestling company so at the worst, it's good someone else that can do better in Cody and Khan have stepped up.

We can tell other people about...having faith. What we had faith in. What we found important enough to fight for. It's not whether you were right or wrong, but how much faith you were willing to have, that decides the future~

Follow me on Twitter - @DylanZeroSky

Eastern Lariat - Japanese Wrestling (w/Dylan Fox (me) & Cagematch.net boss STRIGGA)

Check out our Patreon and support me please? 1/3/5 dollar tiers but any one is good! - The Eastern Lariat

WC Hall Of Famer

Status

I’m an Elite fan and this news makes me happy. I’m intrigued in how it’ll all go down and how it’ll have an affect on the independent scene. I’m rooting for them and hoping for them to have success.

Rest in power, Flock U

Team Cyrus T is Best for Business

Quote Originally Posted by Ed
    Stop the hating of the E-Feds. If you don't like something, that's fine, just ignore it and let the people who do enjoy what they're here on WC to do. Mocking them to make you feel less of a geek for being on a geek on a wrestling forum is lame. If you want to not read their posts, I can fix that for you.

Status

Indyfan with the abrupt heel turn. Weird.
    EVERY ENDING IS A NEW BEGINNING.
    YOUR LUCKY NUMBER IS NONE.
    YOUR LUCKY COLOUR IS DEAD.
    Motto:
    LIKE FATHER, LIKE SON.

TAKE THE DREAM~

Status

Quote Originally Posted by Big Papa View Post
    It's an indie style heel turn. Makes no sense

Scumbag Role Model

Status

There was never a turn.
    -------
    Quote Originally Posted by RaiZ-R View Post
    What the fuck is happening to you guys? I once got a blowjob where she used her teeth a little bit too much and I ended up with a bloody dick, I still enjoyed the blowjob up to the point I started bleeding. I can honestly say that I have never had anything I would call a bad blowjob, that wasn't a great experience but up until I started gushing blood I was having a great time!
    Spoiler:

People's Champion

Status

Quote Originally Posted by Zero View Post
    Indyfan this thread. Embarrassing.

I both want this succeed since this will give another place for wrestlers to work and I have heard good things in terms of them getting benefits in terms of insurance and things and also think they're at a point where logically you can't bet against Cody in his business ventures. I'll be surprised if with the Khan money helping them this doesn't become something. Plus best of all it likely gets Omega out of NJPW, at least in a main event role which is definitely the best for the company as well as me personally as a fan. I doubt AEW will ever be a company I get too much into if it turns out to just be a vanity promotion like we all probably know it will be, especially for rather unlikable people like The Elite, but ROH has proven completely incompetent at being a number 2 wrestling company so at the worst, it's good someone else that can do better in Cody and Khan have stepped up.
    Ahh good ole Hot Topic. Dawn & Dusk .......thats embarrassing.

Im going to change my name to Puppet Master

Quote Originally Posted by Tennessee Nicky View Post
    There was never a turn.
    Pretty much this

The only thing im not impressed with is AEW and co doing rallies in the same area as wwe events. Apparently their rally on January 6th(or 8th) is close to a smackdown show
    Last edited by indyfan; 01-01-2019 at 07:07 PM.
    ROH!!!ROH!!!ROH!!!

Relentless Admin

Status

Isn't that rally thing in Jacksonville which the younger Khan guy is based because that's where the Jaguars are from? Could be a coincidence that WWE are in town that week because I'm sure the Elite would want to get rolling with this thing pronto but have had to keep tight lipped before WrestleKingdom is done on the 4th. Or it could of been done on purpose

Last Real Man Hype

Status

They should show up in a tank and invade WWE events, then they'd finally be really cool.

Quote Originally Posted by Dakstang
    You can't have a reasonable discussion about serious topics with people like Marketh around.

People's Champion

Status

Quote Originally Posted by Ed View Post
    Isn't that rally thing in Jacksonville which the younger Khan guy is based because that's where the Jaguars are from? Could be a coincidence that WWE are in town that week because I'm sure the Elite would want to get rolling with this thing pronto but have had to keep tight lipped before WrestleKingdom is done on the 4th. Or it could of been done on purpose
    It could just be a coincidence. But it just seems odd since they did it before
    ROH!!!ROH!!!ROH!!!

Mid-Card Champion

Status
      Country                    Canada

It could just be a coincidence. But it just seems odd since they did it before
    I don't know how being in the place where the billionaire that is funding your company, AND owns his stadium is "odd", weird flex but okay.

On Vacation

Status
      Country                    Puerto Rico

If it doesn't make you want to drop your pants I don't know what will reading that. I wish this goes well for the fellas, fan of their work and I dug All In, so chances are with the faith I have in them, they'll do just fine.

People's Champion

Status

Quote Originally Posted by Raye View Post
    I don't know how being in the place where the billionaire that is funding your company, AND owns his stadium is "odd", weird flex but okay.
    I was referring to the date. And it being down the street from the wees smackdown show.
    ROH!!!ROH!!!ROH!!!

Page 2 of 40 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread Information