Thread: WWE 2019 Wishlist

The EST of WC

Status
      Country                    Jamaica

WWE 2019 Wishlist

So as we approach the final few days of 2018 i though it would be good to get a thread going about what people would love to see happen in 2019. Is there anyone
    you want to see get a mega push? Anyone you want to see finally win the world title? The women have been a huge focal point over the last 12 months, how do you expect things to develop for them in 2019 and in what way would you want things to develop for them? How about the post Mania NXT callups, is there anyone you
    would love to see come out and on what brand?, Speaking of NXT in 2018 we saw NXT UK launch, whats your hopes for that show come 2019? Hell is there anyone you want gone from the company altogether for one reason or another?

So WC, Whats on your wishlist for 2019?

Status
      Country                    United States

Re: WWE 2019 Wishlist

I will elaborate and add more when I get the chance but probably my biggest wish is that WWE simply pull the trigger on the next generation. Enough Lesnar, enough Triple H, enough BOD and enough of bringing back these various stars and part timers to compensate for the lack of commitment they have for the future. Just go all in on making your guys like Seth Rollins, Drew McIntyre, Finn Balor, Rusev, etc. feel as important as the guys from 15 years ago. I would hope that by 2020's WrestleMania all the big title matches and main events feature guys and girls who haven't gotten the opportunity before and will still be usable years down the road.

Heel Champion

Status
      Country                    Wales

I just hope Balor and Rusev get something decent to do. Both deserve so much more than they've been given in 2018. I know Rusev has just been given the US Title again so that's a start but use them or lose them haha.
    I have a plan so cunning......

Hail To The King

Status

Maybe introduce more titles or another brand you got way to many people not to showcase them all.

Spoiler:

CWA World Heavyweight Champion
    Brayden Bridges

Backyarder

Status
      Country                    ca=Canada

My WISH LIST

1. Finn Balor, AJ Styles, Gallows and Anderson finally form the Balor Club on RAW and seize control of the Championships with Balor winning the Universal Championship, AJ Styles winning the IC Championship, and the Club winning the Tag Team Championships. The Balor Club would hold the titles off an on for the next year and a half.
    2. Bobby Roode would feud with AJ Styles over the IC Championship and would lead a "Glorious Revolution" with Seth Rollins and War Machine.
    3. The Big Gold Belt will return to WWE RAW and replace the Universal Championship.
    4. RAW would continue to be a 3-hour show but would be split into three 1-hour segments with one hour dedicated solely to the Women's Division, 1-hour being the Heavyweights, and 1-hour being the cruiserweights with Rey Mysterio returning to Crusierweight division.
    5. Smackdown would focus on Elias, ECIII, and the older WWE stars like Randy Orton, Kurt Angle, John Cena, Jeff Hardy, Big Show, and the Miz. The Smackdown Tag Team Championship will become the new 6-man tag team titles with the New Day, Sanity, and the Wyatt Family as the focal point of the division.
    6. ECIII would dominate Smackdown defeating everyone before becoming the US Champion before winning the WWE World Championship.
    7. Corey Graves and Renee Young would be the broadcast team for RAW while Michael Cole and Johnathon Coachman would be the broadcast team for Smackdown.
    8. WWE Would eliminate the multiple pay-per-views a month and focus on Royal Rumble, Wrestlemania, Summer Slam, and Survivor Series. WWE would augment their pay-per-view schedule to focus on "network specials" like King of the Ring, Queen of the Ring, Starrcade, Great American Bash, and the Clash of the Champions. "Network specials" would be one off events and would serve as 2 hour shows while the big 4 events would be a 5 hour show.

Fearless University

Status
      Country                    New Zealand

No more Shield feuds.
    No more Shield reunions.
    Put Seth Rollins at the bottom of the card where he belongs, the guys terrible.
    Push the next Rusev Day/Braun Strowman. When someone gets that organically over push them while they’re hot.
    Miz to leave the company either for AEW or retirement. Won’t even pretend there’s the possibility of him getting a Main Event push, they see him as a comedy jobber and that’s it.

[Knockin' on Heaven's Door]

Status
      Country                    England

205 Live to get more involved with the Superstar Shake-up. No reason for them not to want a few NXT guys, use some underutilised main roster guys and heck, promote some of the current roster to Raw and Smackdown and they did with Ali.

Update the US title. That belt's been the same since 2003, long overdue a face lift.

Sent from my E5823 using Tapatalk

Status

Quote Originally Posted by ETE View Post
    No more Shield feuds.
    No more Shield reunions.
    Put Seth Rollins at the bottom of the card where he belongs, the guys terrible.
    Push the next Rusev Day/Braun Strowman. When someone gets that organically over push them while they’re hot.
    Miz to leave the company either for AEW or retirement. Won’t even pretend there’s the possibility of him getting a Main Event push, they see him as a comedy jobber and that’s it.
    I kind of don't understand your stance here. Rollins is very much over. Yet you want him buried? I mean, if you don't like him, fair enough, but it seems contradictory. I know you like Corbin iirc, but who else do you think should be elavated on Raw?

Fearless University

Status

Quote Originally Posted by The EC View Post
    I kind of don't understand your stance here. Rollins is very much over. Yet you want him buried? I mean, if you don't like him, fair enough, but it seems contradictory. I know you like Corbin iirc, but who else do you think should be elavated on Raw?
    To be clear while I do like Corbin I don’t think he should be the top guy either. Solid upper midcarder who can enter the Main Event from time to time.

The Raw roster is dreadful right now, there’s no one that I could comfortably say should be a genuine Main Eventer on Raw at the moment. Rollins, Ambrose, McIntyre, etc are just midcarders at best.

But while the Raw roster sucks, Rollins is another level of sucky. The guys everything wrong with wrestling today; bland, can’t talk, can’t act, no personality, no psychology to his ring work, just spot to spot, and his move set is just the generic moves; super kick, suicide dive, flips and shit.
    Last edited by ETE; 01-10-2019 at 09:56 PM.

Status

To be clear while I do like Corbin I don’t think he should be the top guy either. Solid upper midcard we who can enter the Main Event from time to time.

The Raw roster is dreadful right now, there’s no one that I could comfortably say should be a genuine Main Eventer on Raw at the moment. Rollins, Ambrose, McIntyre, etc are just midcarders at best.

But while the Raw roster sucks, Rollins is another level of sucky. The guys everything wrong with wrestling today; bland, can’t talk, can’t act, no personality, no psychology to his ring work, just spot to spot, and his move set is just the generic moves; super kick, suicide dive, flips and shit.
    Well that's all debatable. I totally understand the criticism of his in ring style and I can see why he isn't everyone's cup of tea. I don't think he's bland though and his move set is no more generic than a majority of the roster. It seems obvious to me that WWE's infatuation with branding has lead to them wanting every superstar to hit all their signatures in every match. And I can say for sure he was part of more of the higher rated WWE matches this past year than anyone else, and he gets the desired reaction whether he plays the snarky heel or balls to the wall face, and that seems to be the most important thing. While I do love Rollins as well I can't say I'm super confident he'll be able to be the transcendent star that someone like Cena or Austin have been. But, I do feel confident in saying that he can be one of your top guys, in the way Edge and Orton have been in the past. Like I said, he is proving to be dependable and the fans buy into him (when he isn't facing Ambrose), so I can see no reason to push him down the card, especially when there's no one in particular to push in his place.
    Last edited by The EC; 01-10-2019 at 02:07 PM.

Fearless University

Status

Quote Originally Posted by The EC View Post
    Well that's all debatable. I totally understand the criticism of his in ring style and I can see why he isn't everyone's cup of tea. I don't think he's bland though and his move set is no more generic than a majority of the roster. It seems obvious to me that WWE's infatuation with branding has lead to them wanting every superstar to hit all their signatures in every match. And I can say for sure he was part of more of the higher rated WWE matches this past year than anyone else, and he gets the desired reaction whether he plays the snarky heel or balls to the wall face, and that seems to be the most important thing. While I do love Rollins as well I can't say I'm super confident he'll be able to be the transcendent star that someone like Cena or Austin have been. But, I do feel confident in saying that he can be one of your top guys, in the way Edge and Orton have been in the past. Like I said, he is proving to be dependable and the fans buy into him (when he isn't facing Ambrose), so I can see no reason to push him down the card, especially when there's no one in particular to push in his place.
    I will say that his moveset being so generic isn't entirely his fault, thats always been his style and it just so happens that thesedays its the style that nearly everyone works in the WWE. The environment around him has made him as generic as he now is.

I dont know why anyone would mention Seth Rollins in the same vein as Stone Cold, or even Cena. Zero chance Rollins is ever anything close to a transcendent star. Those kind of stars that cross over do so with their charisma, personality, and star power, things Rollins lacks. Things that people who don't give a crap about pro wrestling can appreciate, non wrestling fans aren't going to be wowed by someone doing flips and shit.

But ultimately it comes down to seeing Rollins jobbed out is a thing on my wish list. Because he bores me, he's the worst Main Eventer I've ever seen. He brings so little to the table, he's my biggest channel changer, even more so than Reigns and Braun.

Status

I will say that his moveset being so generic isn't entirely his fault, thats always been his style and it just so happens that thesedays its the style that nearly everyone works in the WWE. The environment around him has made him as generic as he now is.

I dont know why anyone would mention Seth Rollins in the same vein as Stone Cold, or even Cena. Zero chance Rollins is ever anything close to a transcendent star. Those kind of stars that cross over do so with their charisma, personality, and star power, things Rollins lacks. Things that people who don't give a crap about pro wrestling can appreciate, non wrestling fans aren't going to be wowed by someone doing flips and shit.

But ultimately it comes down to seeing Rollins jobbed out is a thing on my wish list. Because he bores me, he's the worst Main Eventer I've ever seen. He brings so little to the table, he's my biggest channel changer, even more so than Reigns and Braun.
    Ah well. I guess this is just an agree to disagree thing. I didn't mean to compare him to Austin and Cena in terms of ability or whatever, I just mean as far as his push goes, I don't think he can be the face of the company (which obviously we can agree on) but he can be someone who occupies the top spot from time to time. I couldn't possibly imagine thinking he's the worst main eventer ever. But of course people's enjoyment is going to vary with how we perceive things and what we value in wrestlers. So yeah, agree to disagree I suppose.

Thread Information