Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Becky Lynch

Scumbag Role Model

Status
      Country                    United States

Becky Lynch

The Man has to have a thread!

As of right now, she is wrestling’s biggest star. She’s bound to continue being a star in 2019. And looking back at her 2015-2018, there is a lot to praise. She finally found herself in NXT and had a great match with Sasha Banks, it took her a while on the main roster but she found herself with a good PPV match with Charlotte and some quality TV work. Her 2018 was gigantic seeing as she won four WC awards. She’s a reliable hand and now she’s made it pay off with a new attitude and a lot of support. It gives her a huge push to be in discussion.

The problem is there’s a lot of insignificance and honestly felt like was in the jabroni territory for way too long. It took her way too long to shed her NXT skin and become something more true to her. But I do think if she has another big year she could be somewhere in the bottom half of a list of fifty.
    -------
    Quote Originally Posted by RaiZ-R View Post
    What the fuck is happening to you guys? I once got a blowjob where she used her teeth a little bit too much and I ended up with a bloody dick, I still enjoyed the blowjob up to the point I started bleeding. I can honestly say that I have never had anything I would call a bad blowjob, that wasn't a great experience but up until I started gushing blood I was having a great time!
    Spoiler:

The Only 2x WC HOF

Status

Re: Becky Lynch

I love Becky to bits, but it would have to be an unbelievable 2019 for her to be in consideration for me.

While she's always been solid, she doesn't have the resume of matches to her name. That's not her fault because she hasn't really been given the opportunities to. The same criticisms that you put with Charlotte you can give to Becky: where are the good matches against poor opponents? Sasha in 2015 was a superb wrestler. Asuka is the best woman they've got. Charlotte is always good in big matches. When you look outside of them, it's slim pickings for The Man.

I would consider Sasha Banks before Becky.

30 Days of WC Member's Choice - Coming Soon - PM me match suggestions

Shock Reviews Archive

The 100 Greatest WWE Matches (1986 - 1995) - Coming Soon

The 100 Greatest WWE Matches (1996 - 2005) - Completed

Relentless Admin

Status
      Country                    England

She basically needs to follow up with as good if not better a 2019 as she had in 2018. As much as I love the girl, there are long stretches of her doing just ok TV matches; might sound harsh but from May 2015 (Sasha takeover match) to April 2016 (Mania MOTN) I don't think there's anything worth rewatching, and then she doesn't have anything touching the mania 32 MOTN until this summer with the Charlotte feud which is 2 years later. She did as well as she could of done with the scrubs she was given in 2016 on SD Live, and she kinda helped establish Alexa Bliss on the main roster, but it's just not enough for top 50 in the world.

I'm with Shock, Sasha before Becky as it stands.

Status

Yeah 2019 will make or break her. If she can retain this heat for the whole next year I think people will be pretty willing to find a spot for her on the end of their lists, but that's a tall task.

WAKE UP

Status

Agree with Shock and Ed, she's going to be massively overrated in the short-term because she's "hot" right now. Good worker but putting "The Man" gimmick and Charlotte fued aside, it's pretty slim pickings from her.

TAKE THE DREAM~

Status

Not at all. I can't even think of a feud she did past Alexa Bliss on SD (which wasn't good) or the Charlotte feud in 2018 (hit and miss). She is a good wrestler but her booking hasn't allowed her to show that at all. I don't think with a great 2019 would get her in this list.
    Last edited by MC 16; 12-28-2018 at 07:28 AM.

Mr. Victory Through Guts

Status
      Country                    Hong Kong

She came across like the female version of Rusev to me for a long time. Underrated due to not having the matches (more accurately not put in position to her having the matches even being possible) and always makes the best of any situation and if the company got behind her she's the best of the 4 Horsewomen by far. That's all true, but for a list like this that's worldwide it's just not gonna cut it when there are so many people who have done so much more.

Relentless Admin

Status

I’m having the hardest time remembering anything Becky did in 2017 other then pretend to drink cups of tea with Charlotte without bringing up Wikipedia.

WAKE UP

Status

Becky vs Asuka was pretty disappointing I thought. She is super over and carries herself like a star, but right now I'm thinking she's one of the more overrated women in the WWE. Up until that nasty spill to the floor she looked really hesitant to even bump, she seemingly had no chemistry with her opponent, and sometimes she just feels like a mark for herself.

Last Real Man Hype

Status

Nah I’m not really into Becky’s in-ring work either. It’s hard not to like her when her character and charisma have improved so much but whenever I see her in a singles match it reminds me she’s not that great.

Quote Originally Posted by Dakstang
    You can't have a reasonable discussion about serious topics with people like Marketh around.

The Only 2x WC HOF

Status

She's a fantastic personality and character. But she really shouldn't be in discussion for this imo. I liked her match last night and I think she plays her character better in matches than most. But having a good match with Asuka is like the bare minimum you'd expect from any competent wrestler.

Sent from my Moto E (4) Plus using Tapatalk

30 Days of WC Member's Choice - Coming Soon - PM me match suggestions

Shock Reviews Archive

The 100 Greatest WWE Matches (1986 - 1995) - Coming Soon

The 100 Greatest WWE Matches (1996 - 2005) - Completed

Scumbag Role Model

Status

I personally thought both women worked great last night.
    -------
    What the fuck is happening to you guys? I once got a blowjob where she used her teeth a little bit too much and I ended up with a bloody dick, I still enjoyed the blowjob up to the point I started bleeding. I can honestly say that I have never had anything I would call a bad blowjob, that wasn't a great experience but up until I started gushing blood I was having a great time!
    Spoiler:

Relentless Admin

Status

If you’re talking disappointing women’s performances last night, let me do my rolling trick again Ronda was worse than Becky. I thought Becky/Asuka was great and she lifted the women’s rumble (that’s more booking though)

I get what you’re saying on overrated because she’s not as great a wrestler as Asuka and I don’t think her ceiling is as high as Charlotte’s or even Sasha’s, but she’s quite clearly one of the best women on that roster, I mean what about that women’s rumble would convince you there’s many better than Becky in her own division? I don’t think she’s had an opportunity yet for a standout match that hasn’t delivered something very good before.

Like I say, Becky would need to fill her 2019 with great stuff to make my list, but last night ticked that box rather than let me down.

TAKE THE DREAM~

Status

Becky's recent stuff is pretty overrated. She doesn't stand out in her matches at all and she can look pretty bad sometimes. Last night was better but still not great.

Scumbag Role Model

Status

Becky was far from the most overrated woman from the weekend. Probably the best worker all weekend.
    -------
    Spoiler:

On Vacation

Status
      Country                    Puerto Rico

Quote Originally Posted by Tennessee Nicky View Post
    Becky was far from the most overrated woman from the weekend. Probably the best worker all weekend.
    This. Their was a certain Match on NXT Takeover that I had hopes for, but one lady didn't bring it.

Listen Asuka vs Becky early on was boring, but once both ladies got their feet wet I thought the Match came off strong. I loved the Submission battle we got, one moment Becky looked to have Asuka finished and Asuka came back and locked in her own Move. It took the Cattle Mutilation to make Becky tap a Move she wasn't ready for. I think 2019 is where Becky moves up a few levels as a performer I can easily see happening.

Mr. Victory Through Guts

Status
      Country                    Hong Kong

Asuka was clearly the best woman in the match but it wasn't anything where Becky looked bad or anything. She was much better than the Raw women and actually with Asuka had arguably the MOTN. On the flip side, in her segment against Charlotte at the end of the Rumble, despite having an entire hour built basically to that moment and the crowd molten for it, it really wasn't anything special at all as a segment. Just what you'd expect from two mediocre workers, not someone with her talent.

I think this weekend really showed that you can make the case nearly every single woman in WWE is "overrated" in some way. If the men wrestled like most of what did they would get skewered and Asuka (and like 2 or 3 people at best in the Rumble, which Becky wasn't one of) were the only ones that looked legitimately above average/good all weekend.

WAKE UP

Status

If you want to make the argument that a 30 woman Rumble highlights how low the bar is in the division, I'd agree. But I was left pretty cold by that Asuka match and really that was as good of a chance to make a claim as any.

EDIT - I should clarify, I didn't think it was a bad match, but very forgettable and average
    Last edited by King Steventon; 01-29-2019 at 04:02 PM.

TAKE THE DREAM~

Status

Quote Originally Posted by Tennessee Nicky View Post
    I can accept the first part (that's Charlotte ) but best worker all weekend? No way. I wouldn't even say that she was the best wrestler in her match with Asuka. Asuka was way more impressive in their match I thought. She had a her moments but most of the match was Asuka shining through. Also put me in the group that didn't think much of her and Charlotte's final spot in the Rumble.

Relentless Admin

Status

Quote Originally Posted by MC 16 View Post
    . Also put me in the group that didn't think much of her and Charlotte's final spot in the Rumble.
    Isnt That more on WWE for giving Becky the knee injury story (classic underdog trope) and then they only really had about a minute together when Becky hopped back in the ring. Not sure what epic they were supposed to tell with that agenting.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information