Thread: Pete Dunne

Scumbag Role Model

Status
      Country                    United States

Pete Dunne

I think it’s fair to throw Pete into the discussion. He’s been hot shit since at least 2016 and although there’s some insignificant matches or questionable performances here and there, he’s got a laundry list of must see matches and performances in a variety of places. He really developed into a great character and worker in Progress and is now one of the most consistent performers in under the WWE banner. His 2017 landed him a WOTY nomination and I think he still had a real quality 2018 and will have another solid year in 2019.

I guess a lot of his 2015 and some of his 2016 is worth seeking out pre-peak Dunne in Rev Pro or Attack or FCP or whatever.
    -------
    Quote Originally Posted by RaiZ-R View Post
    What the fuck is happening to you guys? I once got a blowjob where she used her teeth a little bit too much and I ended up with a bloody dick, I still enjoyed the blowjob up to the point I started bleeding. I can honestly say that I have never had anything I would call a bad blowjob, that wasn't a great experience but up until I started gushing blood I was having a great time!
    Spoiler:

Relentless Admin

Status
      Country                    England

Re: Pete Dunne

I can't imagine his early work is going to be that impressive, he seemed like someone who just emerged overnight when Progress gave him a shot when their champion got injured in 2016 (was it Haskins?). I believe Bate and Dunne used to work wXw quite a bit in those early years.

He's been very good these last two years FOR WWE, but I think he's been really hit or miss in Progress and it's annoying how often the touring BSS trios matches descend into comedy. I think that's what is going to hold him back for going high on my list. Upside is he has a whole year of WWE UK to work being a thing now and it's his UK title matches where we see the best of him, even if in the long term that brand is going to hold his career opportunities back.

Mr. Victory Through Guts

Status
      Country                    Hong Kong

In NXT he's awesome & he's been pretty great this year all around, probably top 20 most outstanding range but I HATED those BSS comedy Trios matches last year, one of my least favorite things in wrestling. I doubt he'll make my list honestly because there's just not enough there but if I had to say one thing for him, if I had to pick one of BSS I'd probably pick him.

Scumbag Role Model

Status

Quote Originally Posted by Zero View Post
    In NXT he's awesome & he's been pretty great this year all around, probably top 20 most outstanding range but I HATED those BSS comedy Trios matches last year, one of my least favorite things in wrestling. I doubt he'll make my list honestly because there's just not enough there but if I had to say one thing for him, if I had to pick one of BSS I'd probably pick him.
    I feel like Bate is up your alley and that you hate Trent Seven.
    -------
    Quote Originally Posted by RaiZ-R View Post
    What the fuck is happening to you guys? I once got a blowjob where she used her teeth a little bit too much and I ended up with a bloody dick, I still enjoyed the blowjob up to the point I started bleeding. I can honestly say that I have never had anything I would call a bad blowjob, that wasn't a great experience but up until I started gushing blood I was having a great time!
    Spoiler:

Mr. Victory Through Guts

Status
      Country                    Hong Kong

Quote Originally Posted by Tennessee Nicky View Post
    I feel like Bate is up your alley and that you hate Trent Seven.
    I do like Bate! Seven can be pretty good in a team, can be way too much personality wise but definitely the third best of the 3.

I LOOOOOOOVE YOU

Status

Quote Originally Posted by Zero View Post
    I do like Bate! Seven can be pretty good in a team, can be way too much personality wise but definitely the third best of the 3.
    Not a shock that he’s my favorite of the three since my tastes are far less about technique and more about personality and style lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Relentless Admin

Status

Bate and Dunne can be great on their own, Mustache Mountain are a great team, and Seven can have some good singles matches sometimes. The problems arise when they're all together at the same time and they start doing the Trent's dead spot or the kissing spot. When they want to play it serious, they can be alright like the Progress Ringkampf match, but when their in goof mode it's an insta-skip for me.

@ Booty, Bate and Dunne still really need Seven because he's the only one of them that cuts a good promo and feels comfortable on the mic.

I LOOOOOOOVE YOU

Status

Pete Dunne

Which let’s be honest would be me if I was a wrestler...tons of comedy spots, good on the mic, and smart enough to surround myself with supremely talented allies lol

Relentless Admin

Status

Quote Originally Posted by JakeYourBooty View Post
    Which let’s be honest would be me if I was a wrestler...tons of comedy spots, good on the mic, and smart enough to surround myself with supremely talented allies lol
    Not to mention a big beard~!

I LOOOOOOOVE YOU

Status

Pete Dunne

Oh yeah I got that covered as well
    As well as the gut

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
    Last edited by Booty Love; 12-26-2018 at 10:39 PM.

WAKE UP

Status

Just watched

Pete Dunne vs Jeff Cobb, PROGRESS Super Strong Style 2017

Really, really shitty heavyweight spotfest. Didn't go too long but was just constant your-turn-my-turn shit. Eat a suplex, pop up, hit a suplex. Eat a lariat, pop up, hit a lariat. Rinse repeat. Dunne's heel work was mostly low-rent cheap stuff like using the Pedigree as a throwaway spot and trying to instigate a ref bump.

Dunne looked great in those 2 Bate WWE matches but every other time I've watched him he's been pretty disappointing. What matches will convince me?

Relentless Admin

Status

Check out the recent U.K. title defence against Zack Gibson and Danny Birch on the weekly network shows. If they do nothing for you then he might be a lost cause.

TAKE THE DREAM~

Status

Pete Dunne's best stuff is in WWE. I never really regarded as a great wrestler outside of WWE, he had his moments and good matches but it wasn't until the UK tournament that I really started to think highly of him.

Heel Champion

Status
      Country                    Wales

Dunne is still building his reputation for me, and at 25, he's still got plenty to do, and plenty to come. I agree his better work has come during his NXT/NXT UK stuff, and I am with Ed, 2019 is going to be big for Dunne in NXTUK, it'll show just how good he is...and possibly can be in the future...or it may just break him. Jury is out for me at the moment.
    I have a plan so cunning......

People's Champion

Status

Guys fuckin awesome. Hes the best wrestler in WWE not named Aj Styles, Daniel Bryan or Roderick Strong
    ROH!!!ROH!!!ROH!!!

Relentless Admin

Status

Been a weird year for Dunne, sort of caught in between two NXT brands and feeling pretty directionless in both once he dropped the U.K. title to Walter. I loved the Walter NY match, but other than that it’s been a pretty lean year for Dunne to showcase what he can do.

Thread Information