Thread: Rey Fenix

Scumbag Role Model

Status
      Country                    United States

Rey Fenix

Ever since Lucha Underground was in its prime in 2015, Fenix has probably the best to come out of this AAA/LU group. It’s has felt like Year by year he’s been crawling to the top of a lot of lists. Best high flyer. Best masked wrestler. I think he was on my WOTY shortlist in 2016 or 2017, I can’t remember.

He’s got some of the most unreal matches and performances out there since 2015. There’s the matches with Mil Muertes. The insane Will Ospreay match. Shines probably in PWG the most. And there’s versatility in tow as a singles and frequent tag competitor.

Downside is he probably doesn’t have a whole lot of exposure and his style probably isn’t for everyone. But I think he has a chance to be in the top twenty five.
    -------
    Quote Originally Posted by RaiZ-R View Post
    What the fuck is happening to you guys? I once got a blowjob where she used her teeth a little bit too much and I ended up with a bloody dick, I still enjoyed the blowjob up to the point I started bleeding. I can honestly say that I have never had anything I would call a bad blowjob, that wasn't a great experience but up until I started gushing blood I was having a great time!
    Spoiler:

Relentless Admin

Status
      Country                    England

Re: Rey Fenix

I'm a big fan and have him pretty damn high on my best in the world this year, top 5 easy. When it comes to Mexican wrestlers, he's one that I think will be the biggest hit with the voters here because he tours all over the place, he's easily one of the best things out of LU, he's a top star in the US indies, probably the only guy who is gonna rival him that's a luchador is his brother, because again high exposure, and I think Fenix is more impressive. Even going into CMLL this year, he's been involved with some of my favourite matches from there recently. Top 25 sounds a sensible guess for my list too Nicky.

He got announced for Carat today which I don't believe he's ever worked before.

Mr. Victory Through Guts

Status
      Country                    Hong Kong

Fénix has grown into an excellent wrestler & I completely agree with Ed's comments. If he has another year like the last two in 2019 then buddy, he's a top 10er for me.

WAKE UP

Status

What are the Fenix matches that are must see?

Liked the match with Trent of all people, but otherwise found everything I've seen in PWG to be pretty dissapointing.

WAKE UP

Status

Fenix vs Barbaro Cavernario, CMLL 23/11/18

Fenix takes an outrageous missed tope bump and splatters himself on the floor, but unfortunately it doesn't mean much as he is back on offence almost as soon as they are back in the ring. Everything before was super boring unfortunately and Fenix was looking pretty comfortable just running through his usual stuff. He does some cool spots but the craziest spot was Barbaro's nutty splash off the stage. Is Fenix a better or worse worker than Dragon Lee?

Relentless Admin

Status

I would say Fenix is better but I've more evidence to go off as he's worked in tag team matches around the world and had some excellent matches with heavyweights which I've never seen Dragon Lee do.

Mr. Victory Through Guts

Status
      Country                    Hong Kong

That's a really close call, could go either way, but they're both top tier. I would probably take Lee.

TAKE THE DREAM~

Status

I do prefer Dragon Lee myself but I see him wrestle way more often than I do with Fenix. And he is a bit more versatile offensively and in terms of how he structures his matches.

WAKE UP

Status

Fenix is a clearly talented guy and spectacular flier, but like a lot of other spectacular spot machines seems pretty clueless at putting a match together. I think off head the only matches I have enjoyed from him are the ones against guys like Mil Muertes, WALTER and PARK. Granted those are all great matches, but there's a theme there and makes me think he clearly needs to be lead by the hand by his opponent. Every singles match I've seen against non-monster types has been pretty tedious, and the Lucha Bros tags are all the type of dry spotfests that I find a chore to watch.

WAKE UP

Status

Fenix vs Bandido, PWG Smokey & The Bandido

Once again looking for that great Fenix match and not finding it. They could have worked a current star vs up and comer type of match that would have really elevated Bandido. Instead we got a 50-50 evenly worked spotfest. There was a split second where it looked like Bandido might control the match for more than 30 seconds, then they went back to trading superkicks. They get to a point where they throw down and go for a big, stiff chop battle, and Bandido throws and embarrassingly shit one that gets boos from the crowd! Atleast Fenix had the sense to no sell it, tell him to do another, then sell the better one like a gunshot. They then have a pretty heated, stiff exchange and just as I start to enjoy it, they stop and hug! Christ. They also trade and no-sell Canadian Destroyers. This feels like a symptom of wrestling in 2019, guys with great physical tools and charisma who'd rather trade superkicks and flip piledrivers than work a basic heat section for 2 minutes. Maybe I just don't "get it".

yes I am just posting negative shit today

Thread Information