Thread: Kassius Ohno / Chris Hero

WAKE UP

Status

Kassius Ohno / Chris Hero

His work on the indys is great, you know it, I know it, we all know. He is a really, really formula guy and that did get tired and predictable, but it was a good formula and he could plug and play a tonne of different guys as his opponent and make it good.

So the real question is, what is worth checking out from his NXT run? I remember the Lars Sullivan match being good, but what else?

The Only 2x WC HOF

Status

Re: Kassius Ohno / Chris Hero

This is the wrong half of the decade for Hero. From 2010-2014 he would be a front runner for a top spot.

Sent from my Moto E (4) Plus using Tapatalk

30 Days of WC Member's Choice - Coming Soon - PM me match suggestions

Shock Reviews Archive

The 100 Greatest WWE Matches (1986 - 1995) - Coming Soon

The 100 Greatest WWE Matches (1996 - 2005) - Completed

Relentless Admin

Status
      Country                    England

Quote Originally Posted by Shock View Post
    This is the wrong half of the decade for Hero. From 2010-2014 he would be a front runner for a top spot.

Sent from my Moto E (4) Plus using Tapatalk
    See, I disagree. 2015 and 2016 he was fucking awesome and even better than his tail end of the indie run and that first year back after his release, and it's not like 2010-2014 doesn't have long gaps where he's doing nothing in FCW NXT. Yes he has the Regal match but that's about it I'd say his second run in NXT is much better on a match by match basis (plus they let him wrestle in places like Progress and Evolve in 2018 so he's still scratching that itch).

In NXT he had that really good No DQ match with Itami last year, I liked the Black match a lot, there's an Almas match that's good, I liked the 8 person tag against Sanity. I'm waiting for them to finally run Riddle/Ohno properly. There's no hiding it's not as good as his indies days, but then they're letting us have the indie days too and I think he's going to keep pitching up in Evolve in 2019.

Scumbag Role Model

Status
      Country                    United States

He’s for sure a top twenty even if people aren’t impressed by his latest NXT run which does have good stuff.
    -------
    Quote Originally Posted by RaiZ-R View Post
    What the fuck is happening to you guys? I once got a blowjob where she used her teeth a little bit too much and I ended up with a bloody dick, I still enjoyed the blowjob up to the point I started bleeding. I can honestly say that I have never had anything I would call a bad blowjob, that wasn't a great experience but up until I started gushing blood I was having a great time!
    Spoiler:

WAKE UP

Status

Prior to joining NXT he made Zack Sabre Jr., made Tim Thatcher, and made Matt Riddle. Not a bad run at all.

Status

He had a pretty good NXT match against Johnny Gargano as well this last year, on top of the other bouts already mentioned.

I LOOOOOOOVE YOU

Status

He has a really good match with Velveteen at an NXT house show I was at. Dream was still The Patrick Clark Experience at the time.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Mr. Victory Through Guts

Status
      Country                    Hong Kong

His 2016 he was for sure the WOTY & actually was probably the best overall year anyone's had this decade as far as I'm concerned. In total though? This past year he wouldn't have been on anyone's shortlist of WOTY or anything like that, I could easily think of 100 who've had better years. I guess he's really not all that different than Cesaro. The talent is there for a top 5, but there are just so many others who have so much more consistency.

TAKE THE DREAM~

Status

Even if he dropped off in 2017, he still stands out as one of the better wrestlers of the time period. A truly sensational 2016 and a really good 2015 too. Hopefully things look better for him in 2019.

Relentless Admin

Status

Quote Originally Posted by King Steventon View Post
    Prior to joining NXT he made Zack Sabre Jr., made Tim Thatcher, and made Matt Riddle. Not a bad run at all.
    I would argue that the tag team with Walter is what made Thatcher more than Hero. The Thatcher Evolve title reign in 2016 was not well received by the majority of fans. It’s the ringkampf stuff that turned him into an in demand act on the indies.

no complaints about the other two.

Quote Originally Posted by Zero View Post
    His 2016 he was for sure the WOTY & actually was probably the best overall year anyone's had this decade as far as I'm concerned. In total though? This past year he wouldn't have been on anyone's shortlist of WOTY or anything like that. I guess he's really not all that different than Cesaro. The talent is there for a top 5, but there are just so many others who have so much more consistency.
    He was on my shortlist for WOTY this year, he was never gonna win because of Walter but I have him as top 5 for this year. He’s not like Cesaro at all imo, Thatcher has had plenty of chances to impress this year and has done so. Vs Walter, Vs Lucky Kid, Vs Suzuki, Vs Starr in OTT, All the ringkampf tags, winning ambition. Tim was great this year!

it’ll be interesting to see if the matches in 2016 that I didn’t enjoy when I wasn’t a fan of him, work for me now.

Mr. Victory Through Guts

Status
      Country                    Hong Kong

Agreed, Thatch is a way better candidate than Hero.

Relentless Admin

Status

Hero’s one of those guys that might be sneaking up a spot or two on my list based on what he’s doing right now. I think this year he’s found a groove and a spot on the card that showcases him better than it did last year in WWE canon, plus trips to the indies like the recent evolve weekend and match with Walter are a plus. He really lifts a bland show in NXT U.K.

i also need to finish watching his scenic city invitational matches.

WAKE UP

Status

I will put together a list of matches from before his WWE return, because he really is a strong #1 contender for 2015-2017. Tonnes of good matches in EVOLVE, PWG and elsewhere. He has been relegated to glorified jobber in WWE but still delivers when given the chance. There is a sense of “what have you done for me lately?” but he’s a slam dunk Top 10 guy for me.

Thread Information