Thread: Roderick Strong

Scumbag Role Model

Status
      Country                    United States

Roderick Strong

I would like to shout out Roderick Strong for this. I personally see him as a top ten, possibly top five contender.

His 2015 was incredible. He turned into one of the most reliable talents not only on the independent scene but in the world. He had his most impressive run at that time. He was Ring of Honor MVP and had a really entertaining PWG World Title reign. Then once he got signed to the WWE, he became one of the better babyfaces on the roster and was getting really good matches out of Bobby Roode and a flat Drew McIntyre. Now he’s a great heel in a great group showing how good he is in tag teams.
    -------
    Quote Originally Posted by RaiZ-R View Post
    What the fuck is happening to you guys? I once got a blowjob where she used her teeth a little bit too much and I ended up with a bloody dick, I still enjoyed the blowjob up to the point I started bleeding. I can honestly say that I have never had anything I would call a bad blowjob, that wasn't a great experience but up until I started gushing blood I was having a great time!
    Spoiler:

The Only 2x WC HOF

Status

Re: Roderick Strong

Yep, easily on my list and I'll rewatch to see how high I go on him. Great on the indies and seems to keep improving every year.

30 Days of WC Member's Choice - Coming Soon - PM me match suggestions

Shock Reviews Archive

The 100 Greatest WWE Matches (1986 - 1995) - Coming Soon

The 100 Greatest WWE Matches (1996 - 2005) - Completed

The Flow

Status
      Country                    Canada

He might be my number 2 favourite wrestler of all-time after Daniel Bryan, I've always enjoyed him

The only time WWE came close to a good story line post Attitude Era was Undertaker/Mordecai - Dakstang

Relentless Admin

Status
      Country                    England

I loved Roddy when he would show up to PWG or Evolve and those Sabre Jr matches were so key in getting Zack over in the states. He got off to a rocky start in NXT because what looked like a sure fire winner of a debut teaming with Aries in the dusty classic went to shit with injuries so it took him a while to find his feet in the company. The Bobby feud is the most underrated program in NXT history because they didn't have a Takeover match and 2018 saw him go from strength to strength with the Undisputed Era and CW tournament stuff. A certainty on my list.

Heel Champion

Status

Had a rocky go of it in early NXT. I know some say he can be a bit boring as a person. But I thought his feud with Bobby Roode was very well done and I wouldn't have minded had he got the win of the belt. However he has been a revelation in his heel turn as part of the Undisputed Era. Defo on my list

People's Champion

Status

My favourite wrestler of all time and has been for a long time. Hes been super consistent and he puts on great matches and his stuff look solid as hell. Its crazy how people were so down on him at one point.
    ROH!!!ROH!!!ROH!!!

Scumbag Role Model

Status
      Country                    United States

I think the rocky start in NXT stuff isn’t that significant. The Aries injury fucked up his path a bit but they rebounded him pretty quickly as a well pushed baby face.

Roddy would be in my top five.
    -------
    Quote Originally Posted by RaiZ-R View Post
    What the fuck is happening to you guys? I once got a blowjob where she used her teeth a little bit too much and I ended up with a bloody dick, I still enjoyed the blowjob up to the point I started bleeding. I can honestly say that I have never had anything I would call a bad blowjob, that wasn't a great experience but up until I started gushing blood I was having a great time!
    Spoiler:

Relentless Admin

Status

I don’t think he’s been as good this year as he’s been in other years, apart from the riddle match I’m not sure there’s been anything must see from Roddy in 2019 unless I’m forgetting something. Perhaps he’ll have a late surge as NA champ.

WAKE UP

Status

The Swerve match from this week was better than Roddy vs Dream.

Looking over Roddy's indy run before getting signed, I think he's got a lot of good there. The Drew McIntyre matches were really good brawls and helped make everyone think Drew was better than he was; the Zack matches in EVOLVE and PWG helped make Zack a star; a really good 2/3 falls match with Thatcher; probably Riddle's first legit great match.

I can see him Top 25.

TAKE THE DREAM~

Status

Got the highspots network so I'll be watching a ton of PWG, and Roddy by proxy, so I'll be able to see where I think Roddy should be.

Roderick Strong vs. Trevor Lee - PWG From Out Of Nowhere 2015
    A great main event match. Roddy milked the crowd's boos/cheers really well at the start and carried that through to this work in the match. Roddy worked on the back early on, slamming Trevor Lee on the apron, hitting tons of backbreaker variations. Trever Lee was pretty good on the defensive, getting his big offence in. Even when the match turned into an indie 50/50 match, they kept with the back work a little. Maybe a bit too long though.

WAKE UP

Status

IIRC starting off really strong but going way too long was a theme for Roddy's PWG stuff at the time. Remember the Mike Bailey match being super hot for like 5 minutes when it looked like a competitive squash with Bailey trying to get the upset, then it went on for almost half an hour. There was plenty of good content there, but the bloat was real.

Thread Information