Thread: Impact are changing TV channels again

Relentless Admin

Status
      Country                    England

Impact are changing TV channels again

Impact is moving from Pop TV to the Pursuit channel on January 11th (1st show after homecoming) and will air Friday nights at 10pm EST.

That sounds like a horrible timeslot.

Re: Impact Wrestling General Discussion Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Ed View Post
    Impact is moving from Pop TV to the Pursuit channel on January 11th (1st show after homecoming) and will air Friday nights at 10pm EST.

That sounds like a horrible timeslot.
    I've never heard of the Pursuit Channel. Then again, I had never heard of PopTV prior to Impact going there. In fact, I had never heard of Destination America prior to Impact going there too.

Considering the tagline of Pursuit Channel is "We Deliver the Outdoors" is seems like yet another odd fit for Impact. I don't know what sort of coverage Pursuit Channel has, but considering their sister network is the Fight Network (Which is owned by Anthem, which makes me assume that Anthem took their program of Impact and moved it to their channel of Pursuit), I'm left a bit confused as to why TNA isn't just going to air on the Fight Network. Assuming Pursuit and Fight Night has the same coverage, it'd make for a much more natural fit than on a channel that specializes in hunting shows.

Status
      Country                    United States

I have at ton of channels on my television bundle, and I'm not subscribed to that one. I was to Pop Tv. Oh well.

Status

Saw a great tweet from Strigger from Cagematch & Eastern Lariat basically say thanks to Impact for expanding his knowledge of the US broadcasting options.
    EVERY ENDING IS A NEW BEGINNING.
    YOUR LUCKY NUMBER IS NONE.
    YOUR LUCKY COLOUR IS DEAD.
    Motto:
    LIKE FATHER, LIKE SON.

Mid-Card Champion

Status
      Country                    Canada

This one hurts me a lot. Impact had a fantastic 2018 and are going to have a banger PPV with an easy early MOTY candidate with LAX/Lucha Bros, and yet they move to a lesser channel... ah... I believe I was reading that Anthem/Fight Network are somehow associate with that channel/own that channel too.

Team Canada

Status

Impact Has Been Shown On The Fight Network In Canada For Quite Some Time Now
    Is The Fight Network Not A Widespread Thing In The US ?

Status

Quote Originally Posted by TCON View Post
    Impact Has Been Shown On The Fight Network In Canada For Quite Some Time Now
    Is The Fight Network Not A Widespread Thing In The US ?
    Think its pretty limited in its coverage in the US. Its a Category B specialty channel in Canada and doesn't have a lot of coverage in the US.
    EVERY ENDING IS A NEW BEGINNING.
    YOUR LUCKY NUMBER IS NONE.
    YOUR LUCKY COLOUR IS DEAD.
    Motto:
    LIKE FATHER, LIKE SON.

On Vacation

Status
      Country                    Puerto Rico

Yeah Impact please don't start making bad business decisions again not sure if I can take it. Like everyone has said it's a weird fit, and you would think with the momentum they have had lately they could of been on Channel that can aid on their exposure to Wrestling fans. Impact has been going on at 10 P.M for a few months now so that's no shock, but Friday now I would of kept it on Thursday. Granted they don't have a say in when their product is shown on the Network.

Status

MLW is on a channel I have, and posts full show on youtube after a few days. I think they are ahead of Impact at this point.

Jobbing to heath slater

Status

Re: Impact are changing TV channels again

Is there a way to stream impact I had pop TV but dont have pursuit

The Flow

Status

Quote Originally Posted by BoomBoom73 View Post
    Is there a way to stream impact I had pop TV but dont have pursuit
    Are you Ruben Jay?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The only time WWE came close to a good story line post Attitude Era was Undertaker/Mordecai - Dakstang

Scumbag Role Model

Status

As long as there’s still Impact channel on Pluto TV I’m fine.
    -------
    Quote Originally Posted by RaiZ-R View Post
    What the fuck is happening to you guys? I once got a blowjob where she used her teeth a little bit too much and I ended up with a bloody dick, I still enjoyed the blowjob up to the point I started bleeding. I can honestly say that I have never had anything I would call a bad blowjob, that wasn't a great experience but up until I started gushing blood I was having a great time!
    Spoiler:

Chikara Trainee

Status

I'm very disappointed with Impact for this decision. Every time you hope they are on the rise, they put themselves back in a hole. It was no secret Impact and Pop were parting ways, but there were much bigger networks named, such as WGN America and SyFy.

Yet, they go with a bad network with a bad time slot. I'm almost certain this won't help Impact's ratings, nor to build their fanbase.

Why, Impact, why?

Mid-Card Champion

Status

So update: The move is TEMPORARY.

Pursuit has shown interest in airing other Impact shows such as Xplosion once Impact finds a different home, they are currently actively looking still. Pursuit will generate more income for them than Pop.

It's temporary bad news.

On Vacation

Status

Quote Originally Posted by Raye View Post
    So update: The move is TEMPORARY.

Pursuit has shown interest in airing other Impact shows such as Xplosion once Impact finds a different home, they are currently actively looking still. Pursuit will generate more income for them than Pop.

It's temporary bad news.
    Impact Wrestling's new TV deal with Pursuit HD is not an exclusive deal, PWInsider.com has exclusively learned. The Pursuit move is being seen as a way for Impact to take a breather and not have to worry about where the show will air as they still try to pursue a larger scale deal. With Anthem having interest in Pursuit, it was an easy move for the series to make and should Impact find a more beneficial network, home, they would have the ability to shift the series elsewhere. If that happens (and of course, it's a big if), Pursuit has already shown interest in carrying other Impact programming, including potentially Xplosion or a Best of series. The network is happy to have Impact, feeling that their audience demographic would also want to watch pro wrestling.

While Impact could have remained on Pop going into 2019, another reason Impact wanted to move the series as soon as possible was that the company realized that as Pop continues to rebrand themselves and shift programming around, Impact was going to become more and more troublesome for the network. The feeling was it was better to move on their own and retain the great relationship they had as opposed to getting to a point where Pop would have to pull them.

While nothing has been announced, Impact will likely move to Fridays at 10 PM on The Fight Network in Canada in order to keep everything airing at the same time.

There are no current plans for replays on Pursuit HD. As of now, it will be the two hour broadcast on Fridays.

Impact realizes that the move to Pursuit will see them lose a portion of their former viewership and while some in the company are spinning this as a positive, others are not as happy, feeling it was another step downward in prestige.

The company is working on potential ways for the Impact Wrestling weekly series to be seen on digital platforms, but nothing has been worked out as of this writing.
    PWInsider

It's pretty cool of Pursuit to say we'll show your product, and if you find a better deal you're welcomed to get that bigger deal. I don't know too many places that would allow that, but it seems they want to carry them long term especially since they believe the demographic who watches their other Shows would be interested in Wrestling as well. Problem is of course even the newest Impact fan likely doesn't have the Channel, so unless they start posting their Shows on a Streaming platform for Pursuit don't know how much they are going to help them other than just holding the timeslot.

Jobbing to heath slater

Status

Quote Originally Posted by Slick Mitch View Post
    Are you Ruben Jay?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    What?

Quote Originally Posted by Finishline View Post
    I'm very disappointed with Impact for this decision. Every time you hope they are on the rise, they put themselves back in a hole. It was no secret Impact and Pop were parting ways, but there were much bigger networks named, such as WGN America and SyFy.

Yet, they go with a bad network with a bad time slot. I'm almost certain this won't help Impact's ratings, nor to build their fanbase.

Why, Impact, why?
    The fact that Impact has signed a deal with the Anthem owned (My impression is not 100% ownership?) channel probably suggests that there aren't any other offers. SyFy is owned by NBC, which also owns the USA Network, so even if SyFy wanted wrestling, they're not going to get Impact. It seems like whenever the WWE's TV rights come up, there's only a few contenders that are interested in working with them. The amount of potential contenders is probably way less when you're talking about any non-WWE companies. I'm sure if it was up to Impact, they'd be on a channel like WGN America tomorrow.

Quote Originally Posted by Raye View Post
    Pursuit will generate more income for them than Pop.
    I'm curious as to how true this is. To my knowledge, TNA hasn't been paid by any of the channels they've been on since the glory days of Spike TV including currently on Pop TV. If it's true that Anthem has some sort of ownership stake in Pursuit, I don't see how TNA will getting more money than they had on Pop.

Quote Originally Posted by Kairi HoHo View Post
    It's pretty cool of Pursuit to say we'll show your product, and if you find a better deal you're welcomed to get that bigger deal. I don't know too many places that would allow that
    Even though the article suggests Pop TV was interested in retaining Impact, the fact that the company is opting to go to another channel, that's clearly not an upgrade, without any real certainty of a contract to me suggests Pop TV didn't want Impact anymore.
    ---

I swear, the more time passes, the worst Dixie and TNA looked for absolutely squandering the golden goose that was Spike TV. They were in bed with a major cable television channel that openly paid tons and tons of money in order to allow key major stars to sign with the company, since TNA certainly couldn't pay them if it was up to them, and TNA did everything in their power to ruin that relationship.

FKA RaiZ-R

Status

I've seen speculation that the late Friday timeslot is to play into the SmackDown move in October and try and get the run-off if people watching that show are interested in watching another two-hours of wrestling but given that I hear very little praise for the length of WWE PPV's these days I'm not sure how appealing that would be to the audience, and with this further news that Pursuit is simply a stop gap while they field other offers, it may just all be posturing and smoke-blowing in the hopes that someone somewhere wants to take a gamble on a show that has (sadly) consistently managed to scare of it's own audience for years now.

Johnny Cash Lis'nen

Status
      Country                    us=United States

Just die already. Sure they've been bearable for a year now but when there shows like MLW and Defiant, NXT, ROH etc around why would I go out of my way to watch Impact?

On Vacation

Status

No more excuses is right Impact you can either see Impact on Pursuit or on Twitch every Friday Night going forward!

Thread Information