Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: The 2018 WC Indy/Puro/Lucha Fave Five!

Relentless Admin

Status
      Country                    England

Re: The 2018 WC Indy/Puro/Lucha Fave Five!

The gif doesn't really sum up why I like Darby because that really looks a stupid thing to do He's a great bumper and knows how to make his opponent look fantastic while he bravely battles against the odds. Will almost certainly be the one guy NXT pinches from Evolve next year, good age, great wrestler, good promo.

It's funny seeing the gifs come up before the reveal of who voted for who. Guessed Mambo with Dave, Taguchi with Shake, Hideki with the only man that likes Hideki in Zero and the random japanese girl with HoHo, but Scurll with Booty was a surprise. woop woop.

Zack Gibson had a great year away from Progress, thought he proved he was more than just a repetitive promo but a fantastic heel singles wrestler to boot.

Mr. Victory Through Guts

Status
      Country                    Hong Kong

Hideki's awesome. Whether beating the living crap out of small guys, getting technique out of monsters, or just doing completely insane comedy matches in Ice Ribbon I don't think there's a better overall wrestler going right now. Also I think more people like him than don't that have actually seen him, Ed.

I like all these guys except Scurll and Mambo, especially Darby. He would be probably my #1 US guy. Misao is fun and all but is she really your 5th favorite Joshi wrestler, HoHo? That's a pretty off the wall pick but I do respect the outside the box pick.

Relentless Admin

Status

Quote Originally Posted by Zero
    Also I think more people like him than don't that have actually seen him, Ed.
    On WC though it's a pretty safe bet that if only one person has voted for him, it's gonna be you

[Knockin' on Heaven's Door]

Status

Quote Originally Posted by RainShaker View Post
    The dudes I know of - all solid. Like them all really. Never really watched Gibson, Mambo or Allin. Mambo looks super interesting... is he a comedic wrestler?
    For the most part, yeah. But he's starting to get taken/act a bit more seriously now more places are booking him.

Love Gibbo, but spent too much of my time watching him last year with Drake. That team works entirely in Drake's favour, as it makes him infinitely more watchable but at the same time pulls Zack closer to his level, meeting in the middle.

Sent from my E5823 using Tapatalk

Scumbag Role Model

Status
      Country                    United States

Love Zack Gibson. Love Darby. Darby would probably have been my sixth or seventh.
    -------
    Quote Originally Posted by RaiZ-R View Post
    What the fuck is happening to you guys? I once got a blowjob where she used her teeth a little bit too much and I ended up with a bloody dick, I still enjoyed the blowjob up to the point I started bleeding. I can honestly say that I have never had anything I would call a bad blowjob, that wasn't a great experience but up until I started gushing blood I was having a great time!
    Spoiler:

BIG KAIJU~

Status
      Country                    Puerto Rico

Quote Originally Posted by Zero View Post
    Hideki's awesome. Whether beating the living crap out of small guys, getting technique out of monsters, or just doing completely insane comedy matches in Ice Ribbon I don't think there's a better overall wrestler going right now. Also I think more people like him than don't that have actually seen him, Ed.

I like all these guys except Scurll and Mambo, especially Darby. He would be probably my #1 US guy. Misao is fun and all but is she really your 5th favorite Joshi wrestler, HoHo? That's a pretty off the wall pick but I do respect the outside the box pick.
    My list changes every single week to be honest. If you ask me now when it comes to TJPW Yuka Sakazaki I'm fully behind seeing her beating Miyu for the Title. Besides in a world of villains she is the hero we all need to save us forget about DC and Marvel just call her and she'll come. 4 up for me was uber hard to decide and one of those ladies I think is one of the best workers and might get a Thread as appreciation. I just thought I need to telling people my secrets to see all of these Shows or just make a Thread in the Veep Section for people.

Real Women of Genius

The place to see the best of best of Women's Wrestling from all over the World

The Flow

Status
      Country                    Canada

Apologies for the delays, completely blanked on this today. Here are the 20 pointers.

Meiko Satomura

Listed #4 by Ed

Go Shiozaki

Listed #4 by MC 16

Daisuke Sekimoto

Listed #4 by Shade

Ilja Dragunov

Listed #4 by Tennessee Nicky

Matt Riddle

Listed #4 by The EC

Momo Watanabe

Listed #4 by HoHo

Arisa Nakajima

Listed #4 by RainShaker

Takuya Nomura

Listed #4 by Zero

Silas Young

Listed #4 by JakeYourBooty

The only time WWE came close to a good story line post Attitude Era was Undertaker/Mordecai - Dakstang

Relentless Admin

Status

Indy wrestler Matt Riddle?..............

Had to vote for the best woman in European wrestling, all the way from Japan Meiko was great last year, one of my favourite women anywhere.

If wXw didn't shit the bed in 2018 then maybe Ilja would of made my list.

Scumbag Role Model

Status

Quote Originally Posted by Ed View Post

Had to vote for the best woman in European wrestling, all the way from Japan Meiko was great last year, one of my favourite women anywhere.

If wXw didn't shit the bed in 2018 then maybe Ilja would of made my list.
    He made my list because his excursions have been awesome. He’s kept me from canceling my Progress sub and he ruled during BOLA.
    -------
    What the fuck is happening to you guys? I once got a blowjob where she used her teeth a little bit too much and I ended up with a bloody dick, I still enjoyed the blowjob up to the point I started bleeding. I can honestly say that I have never had anything I would call a bad blowjob, that wasn't a great experience but up until I started gushing blood I was having a great time!
    Spoiler:

TAKE THE DREAM~

Status

Go Shiozaki? More like GOAT Shiozaki amirite?..... Sorry

All great picks (except Silas Young as I've not seen much of him). Nomura ruled all year, especially in the Strong Climb.

The Flow

Status

Time for the 30 pointers!

Joey Janela

Listed #3 by Tennessee Nicky

Will Ospreay

Listed #5 by MC 16, Listed #4 by Regal or Riot

Pentagon Jr.

Listed #3 by The EC

Millie McKenzie

Listed #3 by Postman Dave

Minoru Suzuki

Listed #3 by Shade

Miyu Yamashita

Listed #3 by HoHo

Kenoh

Listed #3 by RainShaker

Shotaro Ashino

Listed #3 by Zero

The only time WWE came close to a good story line post Attitude Era was Undertaker/Mordecai - Dakstang

Mr. Victory Through Guts

Status
      Country                    Hong Kong

Arisa and Go were both very close to making my list. Arisa who wrestled more would have for sure but she would be up there for me for sure. Dragunov is a fantastic wrestler who I wish wrestled more. Meiko is fantastic though I would probably take Arisa if I had to choose. Momo did way better than anyone could have ever thought possible with her push this year. Sekimoto was great when wrestling with or against Hideki Suzuki, otherwise it honestly wasn't his peak...still he deserves credit for working through so many injuries. Like Ed alluded to, Riddle has been in NXT so long he doesn't really fit here but I would also argue NJPW wrestlers shouldn't count either so it's probably fine. Silas was great as a character years ago, but can't work a lick unfortunately. I can buy him as a pick with his character work though. My pick Nomura was one of the best all around talents from an in-ring standpoint and his match against Hideki was a MOTYC along with his Kamitani tag against the Aggression. Everyone should pay attention to that kid, he has everything to be one of the best wrestlers for years to come.

Scumbag Role Model

Status

The injury probably made people forget about Joey. He fucking rules.
    -------
    Spoiler:

Scoundrel

Status

Quote Originally Posted by Ed View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Zero View Post
    Like Ed alluded to, Riddle has been in NXT so long he doesn't really fit here but I would also argue NJPW wrestlers shouldn't count either so it's probably fine.
    28 WWE matches vs 96 non-WWE matches in 2018 for Riddle (as per Cagematch), with his WWE debut in late September. Don't see the issue personally...

Status

I was also a bit lost as to why that was an issue... obviously. Clearly I don't watch a huge amount of indy and puro but I do have my favorites. I nominated Matt largely due to his EVOLVE match vs. Sekimoto, his PWG match with Starr, his bouts against ZSJ in both promotions and generally always being entertaining when I would watch his matches.

[Knockin' on Heaven's Door]

Status

He finished up the Indys in September, so he's spent at least 2/3 of the year as one. Good enough for me.

Sent from my E5823 using Tapatalk

The Flow

Status

Hey folks sorry for the delay I had a long day at work the last day and a half and I'm feeling pretty under the weather ATM so I will resume this tomorrow.

Status
      Country                    Jamaica

Why wouldn't NJPW dudes count? "Puro" is literally in the title of the fave five

I think I am still yet to actually watch a Matt Riddle match tbh.

I fucking love Joey Janela. What a hero.

Love Ospreay too and I think he's in line for a big couple of years with NJPW. Don't think I'll ever get tired of his matches in all honesty. Definitely one of my favourite wrestlers but he just missed the cut for me due to Taguchi being Taguchi.

I think Nakajima would be put on a higher pedestal if she wrestled more frequently but she's absolutely one of the best, if not the best, workers in Joshi. You're always going to get a reliable performance from her, I feel, and her big matches never tend to disappoint. Probably gonna be a permanent fave five member until her final retirement.

Kenou still the best in NOAH to me. Thought they had something with his anti establishment run but they cut it short.

~
    ~ THE KING OF KINGS ~~
    Spoiler:

The Flow

Status

The 40 pointers are here!

Bandido

Listed #2 by Tennessee Nicky

Aussie Open

Listed #5 by Tennessee Nicky, Listed #3 by Ed

Katsuhiko Nakajima

Listed #2 by MC 16

Eddie Dennis

Listed #2 by Postman Dave

Fenix

Listed #2 by Ed

PCO

Listed #5 by Shade, Listed #3 by JakeYourBooty

Misaki Ohata

Listed #2 by HoHo

Naruki Doi

Listed #2 by RainShaker

Maya Yukihi

Listed #2 by Zero

Kota Ibushi

Listed #2 by Slick Mitch

Cody

Listed #2 by JakeYourBooty

BIG KAIJU~

Status
      Country                    Puerto Rico

Maya at number 2 for Zero she could be there after winning the Ice Ribbon World Title over my number 1. I'm going to miss Misaki Ohata and I really to see her last Show with Wave that was done I believe in Korakuen Hall against her best friend for the Wave Title!

It did warm my heart though Fujimoto and Ohata had one of my favorite Matches of 2018 and here's too a great life being married now. I have a feeling though she returns one day she loves Wrestling too much to stay away.

Real Women of Genius

The place to see the best of best of Women's Wrestling from all over the World

Thread Information