Thread: Dave Weinstocks Fireside Chat Issue #10; Starr

I'm a Stone Cold Lee Guy.

Status
      Country                    Ireland

Dave Weinstocks Fireside Chat Issue #10; Starr

The video opens with a shot of a slick and professional-looking FWA studio, with the main focus on the familiar balding fifty-something seated in a comfortable black leather armchair. Wrestling fans of all ages can immediately identify the face of the voice of FWA Dave Weinstock, dressed in a smart suit and tie. Dave offers a welcoming smile toward the camera as he raises his world-famous voice to get things underway.

DW: "Ladies and gentlemen, thank you for joining me here exclusively on FWA.com... your number one online source for all your FWA needs! And my guest at this time the NEW North American Champion..."

He raises a hand as he gestures across the studio, to an area that the current camera shot has not yet revealed

DW: "... Starr. namaste"
    The most amazing thing about this recent conversation is that I've learned AON is even more of a waste of space than I thought he was previously

Underdog

Status
      Country                    United States

Re: Dave Weinstocks Fireside Chat Issue #10; Starr

The camera cuts to Starr reclining back in his chair in a snappy wine colored suit. The FWA North American Championship is proudly displayed on his shoulder. He smiles and bows to Weinstock.

Starr: Namaste, David... Good to see you, as always.

------------------------

I'm a Stone Cold Lee Guy.

Status
      Country                    Ireland

DW:"Good to see you too! I said that right, right? Namaste? right? Like Nam bread?"

Dave chuckles a little awkwardly before resetting

DW: "Starr...You've been in the FWA for quite some time now, and in that time; you've gained a reputation for...."

Dave struggles for the right words but eventually shrugs.

DW: I guess I should come out and say it; Putting on amazing performances, but coming up short by a hair. We all remember how close you were to shocking the world at Mile High. And I don't need to remind you of your heartbreaking lost in the last round of the GP. So with all that being said. How does it feel to finally have all that work and heartache pay off?
    The most amazing thing about this recent conversation is that I've learned AON is even more of a waste of space than I thought he was previously

Underdog

Status
      Country                    United States

Starr ponders the question hard. He looks down at his championship and smiles

Starr: ... A choke artist? I know, I've heard superstar after superstar tell me that I couldn't hang and I proved them wrong. But David, to put it simply it feels amazing... Everyone put their limits on me. I was always going to be the kid that made everyone look good, but could never pull it off. I've always been the guy that's been living my dream by just being a wrestler in FWA. This is the accomplishment that defines me. This year, *Starr shrugs* it hasn't been the best for me. It's been an emotional roller coaster. But I learned early on that there's a time when you can either let those bad times absorb you, or you absorb those bad times and you become stronger. That's what makes me feel like this is a dream...

It's been a full year since Mile High happened and that night I showed exactly what I was capable of. I had everyone push me down, hold me back, but I kept fighting. I might have lost in the Grand Prix, but it was never because I was beaten by an opponent. It was because I was beaten by time. I kept fighting for my moment. At Aftershock, I finally took it. Now, I hold this in my hands and damn does it feel good. No one expected THIS to happen except me, but it did and I made it happen through hard work, dedication, and by giving it everything I had in the middle of the ring day in, day out. I mean when you have countless 4 star matches against the top FWA talent, it's hard to deny how good you are. Right?

------------------------

Thread Information