Page 3 of 23 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: WC's Greatest Superstars in WWE History - THE COUNTDOWN!

On Vacation

Status
      Country                    Puerto Rico

Re: WC's Greatest Superstars in WWE History - THE COUNTDOWN!

Right around the number I thought Owen would get in this hoping for a few spots higher. Some people were a Bret Hart or Shawn Michaels fan and yes I respected them both in the 90s, hell the first Figures I ever purchased was their Bone Crushing Action Version of them, but Owen was one of my guys. I was in awe of his skills in the Ring, and how since he wrestled everywhere he was prepared for any style in there. I totally wished he had just one WWE Championship, WWE had some damn strong Babyfaces for him especially in 94-96 I think in my opinion it would of been a success one at that.

Scumbag Role Model

Status
      Country                    United States

I love Steamboat but I probably would cut him off a top fifty list. Feels like he’s here based off the weight of one program.

Owen Hart was a late cut.
    -------
    Quote Originally Posted by RaiZ-R View Post
    What the fuck is happening to you guys? I once got a blowjob where she used her teeth a little bit too much and I ended up with a bloody dick, I still enjoyed the blowjob up to the point I started bleeding. I can honestly say that I have never had anything I would call a bad blowjob, that wasn't a great experience but up until I started gushing blood I was having a great time!
    Spoiler:

Relentless Admin

Status
      Country                    England

I couldn’t pull the trigger on AJ in the end because it’s only been 3 years, it’s hard to know what his legacy is going to be in that company because he never main events, but he’s been great ever since he pitched up there and kayfabe wise he’s had a lot of success.

didnt even consider Steamboat because he’s an NWA/WCW guy like Flair But with even less credentials and less time in the company.

Owen was a late cut. Hell of a worker for WWF who could slot into any role they wanted. Has the best sibling rivalry in history, was the coolest slammy and KOTR winner. Bit shitty to mention it but he’s probably the first ‘shock’ death I can remember where WWE dedicated the following broadcast in his honour leading to breaking kayfabe interviews. Did that ever happen before Owen?

On Vacation

Status
      Country                    Puerto Rico

Quote Originally Posted by Ed View Post
    I couldn’t pull the trigger on AJ in the end because it’s only been 3 years, it’s hard to know what his legacy is going to be in that company because he never main events, but he’s been great ever since he pitched up there and kayfabe wise he’s had a lot of success.

didnt even consider Steamboat because he’s an NWA/WCW guy like Flair But with even less credentials and less time in the company.

Owen was a late cut. Hell of a worker for WWF who could slot into any role they wanted. Has the best sibling rivalry in history, was the coolest slammy and KOTR winner. Bit shitty to mention it but he’s probably the first ‘shock’ death I can remember where WWE dedicated the following broadcast in his honour leading to breaking kayfabe interviews. Did that ever happen before Owen?
    Well Pillman died in 97 and I remember Vince coming out to start off Raw telling the world who didn't know that he had died the night before. I can't remember if they did Kayfabe Interviews, but I remember seeing them paying their respects to the man. Man I remember both of their deaths along with Eddie Guerrero years after and I was a Zombie in shock from it no doubt.

Intercontinental Champion

Status
      Country                    Canada

Bobby Heenan, Lita, The Hardyz & Razor are all around where they probably should be. Heenan I never considered because I didn't count managers, but if there was one manager that deserves to make the list it's him. Decided to go against tag teams but Lita is right where I would have had her, not the top 25 but top 50 for sure, Razor I agree with most that if we were including his WCW days he may have made my list.

Styles, Steamboat & Owen
    I pretty much completely agree with Jim

Quote Originally Posted by Jim View Post
    I find it curious that some were so against Bulldog being in the list, but then additional people voted to add in Ricky Steamboat. They both had very similar histories with the IC Title with iconic victories, forgettable reigns, that were then ended by a heel who had a much more memorable reign. Quality wise, they both had likely the same amount of great matches in the WWE. The one area in which they differ is that Bulldog was a bigger deal for a longer amount of time. If you want to take full careers into consideration, than yeah, Steamboat clearly was the bigger superstar, but just WWE? I don't see an argument for Steamboat over Bulldog.

Mind you, The Dragon and Smith are two of my three favorite wrestlers ever, but I find it interesting that one guy's contribution to the WWE is a bit overrated while the other doesn't receive enough credit.
    Dragon and Smith are two of my favs as well same goes for Owen but out of all of them Steamboat is the only one I considered for my list and he was an early cut. I think Steamboat and Bulldog are pretty on par with each other, if I had to put one over there other... I think I'd lean towards Bulldog so I probably would have had Bulldog higher on my list than Steamboat.

And Styles would probably make my list in 5 or 10 years assuming his career doesn't get cut short anytime soon but 3 years just isn't enough for me to consider him right now.

Quote Originally Posted by Ed View Post
    Bit shitty to mention it but he’s probably the first ‘shock’ death I can remember where WWE dedicated the following broadcast in his honour leading to breaking kayfabe interviews. Did that ever happen before Owen?
    The closest that ever came before was as HoHo mentioned, Brian Pillman's. However, that was just a case of McMahon opening up the show to announce to the crowd and then to show the entire roster on the stage while they did the ten bell salute. Prior to that, there were little on screen graphics memorials and video packages for guys like Andre the Giant. Owen's was quite different from Pillman's though. With Owen's it was the first of three special editions of Raw where the entire episode was built around the deceased. In Pillman's case, they did the tribute at the very start and then that was it. Then with Eddie's death, they went even further in building Raw and Smackdown around being memorials for Guerrero. 2007 was the greatest example of WWE flat out cancelling Raw and instead putting together an episode dedicated solely to the deceased.

The Only 2x WC HOF

Status

I wouldn't call anything WWE did with regards to Pillman as a tribute.

Sent from my Moto E (4) Plus using Tapatalk

30 Days of WC Member's Choice - Coming Soon - PM me match suggestions

Shock Reviews Archive

The 100 Greatest WWE Matches (1986 - 1995) - Coming Soon

The 100 Greatest WWE Matches (1996 - 2005) - Completed

Quote Originally Posted by Shock View Post
    I wouldn't call anything WWE did with regards to Pillman as a tribute.

Oh god. I had forgotten about that awkward ass interview McMahon did with Melanie Pillman.

On Vacation

Status

Jake Roberts

38 points

– 7 points Keefmoon, 7 points Wang Chung, 6 points Recall, 3 points LibSuperstar, 3 points TGR, 2 points The EC, 2 points HoHo, 1 point OMB, 1 point JT Grizzle, 1 point Willis

Spoiler:

Christian

39 points

– 12 points sebsy, 12 points Sicario, 8 points Jimmy King, 5 points Willis, 2 points Zero

Spoiler:

Superstar Billy Graham

40 points

– 17 points Baldrick, 8 points BD22, 7 points Wolf Beast, 5 points LibSuperstar, 2 points Kintaro, 1 point Grim

Spoiler:

A true pioneer in sports-entertainment is Jake "the Snake" Roberts. One of the very first heels fans wanted to get behind and the innovator of perhaps the most used move in wrestling today the DDT. If it wasn't for Jake Roberts, Austin 3:16 may never have ever been born and for that alone he belongs on this list. His contribution to the WWE are incalculable.

What can you say about Christian? One of the finest talents to ever hit the ring. He helped reinvigorate WWE's tag team division in the 2000s with his partner Edge along with the Hardy Boyz and Dudley and competed in the first few tag team ladders matches and helped innovate the TLC match. Outside of his run with Christian, he was a severely proficient singles wrestler who often got overlooked for other wrestlers of his era. Christian was true technician in the ring, a great comedic act and could play both babyface and heel with ease. Had his run in TNA been included in this, I think he'd be much higher.

They say often imitated, never duplicated and they couldn't be more true when it comes to Superstar Billy Graham. Superstar laid the groundwork what it meant to be a professional wrestler in the modern era and more importantly what it meant to be a WWE Superstar. He was the original deal.

Heel Champion

Status
      Country                    Wales

If we didn't have Billy Graham...would we have had Hulk Hogan?
    I have a plan so cunning......

[Knockin' on Heaven's Door]

Status

Sorta surprised Christian has finished so high tbh.

Sent from my E5823 using Tapatalk

Status

I was surprised by Christian and Billy Graham ending up in the 30s. I mean, Graham was way ahead of his time and influenced the people who influenced today's stars. I was happy when he got votes but surprised when I was done tallying.

Christian I would have placed in the 40-50 range. Obviously Edge and Christian is a historic tag team, then his feuds with Edge and Jericho were good before he left, and he was one of the best midcarders in that period. He came back, carried ECW for a while, had what I think is the feud of his career against Orton, and then some stuff with Del Rio that was good, the SummerSlam match specifically, before being forced to hang em up. He is one of my favorites ever and someone I wish could have had done more in WWE's main event scene. His TNA run showed how much of a star he had the potential to be. And he has one of the GOAT themes.

Roberts makes total sense. He may have had an up and down career but his charisma, legacy and influence are all big selling points. #39 is pretty much perfect.

Heel Champion

Status
      Country                    Wales

Quote Originally Posted by The EC View Post
    I was surprised by Christian and Billy Graham ending up in the 30s. I mean, Graham was way ahead of his time and influenced the people who influenced today's stars. I was happy when he got votes but surprised when I was done tallying.

Christian I would have placed in the 40-50 range. Obviously Edge and Christian is a historic tag team, then his feuds with Edge and Jericho were good before he left, and he was one of the best midcarders in that period. He came back, carried ECW for a while, had what I think is the feud of his career against Orton, and then some stuff with Del Rio that was good, the SummerSlam match specifically, before being forced to hang em up. He is one of my favorites ever and someone I wish could have had done more in WWE's main event scene. His TNA run showed how much of a star he had the potential to be. And he has one of the GOAT themes.

Roberts makes total sense. He may have had an up and down career but his charisma, legacy and influence are all big selling points. #39 is pretty much perfect.
    Can blame me for Graham being so high haha. I know Billy Graham was a bit before my time, but i'm hopeful Jim will be with me in saying he does deserve a lot more respect that he gets.
    I have a plan so cunning......

Status

Quote Originally Posted by Baldrick View Post
    Can blame me for Graham being so high haha. I know Billy Graham was a bit before my time, but i'm hopeful Jim will be with me in saying he does deserve a lot more respect that he gets.
    I'm not upset just surprised.

The Only 2x WC HOF

Status

No complaints with any of them except Christian is probably ten places too high at least. He's a great wrestler and a good talker but he never transitioned to a top star in WWE. Even when he was ECW Champion or WHC he never felt like a proper star. That could be down to booking though.

He's got the longevity, the matches and the titles to justify a few votes though. Plus he was fantastic so I have no complaints about him getting love.

30 Days of WC Member's Choice - Coming Soon - PM me match suggestions

Shock Reviews Archive

The 100 Greatest WWE Matches (1986 - 1995) - Coming Soon

The 100 Greatest WWE Matches (1996 - 2005) - Completed

Relentless Admin

Status

I think if it just comes down to wrestling ability than Christian is probably in the right spot, I definitely prefer watching his matches to a lot of the people who have been on the list so far. But in terms of greatest ever superstar it's a bit high, he falls short in feeling important enough, even in his best year 2011 he feels like he's the pesky thorn in Randy Orton's side rather than a legit World Heavyweight Champion. In a way, he's the solid B+ player they used to love to tease Bryan as. Most people who are gonna come after this list will at least have one memorable, standout promo or moment in their career. What's Christians? It should of been his return to the company but instead it was 'it's Christian'.

Status

I do believe from this point forward pretty much all the rankings are pretty easily justifiable. I'll post the next batch later.

Status

Ok I lied all three of these have potential to be contentious picks....

TRISH STRATUS

49 points
    – 14 points Sicario, 10 points HoHo, 9 points sebsy, 6 points TGR, 3 points PS, 3 points Wolf Beast, 2 points Jimmy King, 1 point Nicky, 1 point BD22

Spoiler:

THE MIZ

52 points
    – 14 points sebsy, 10 points RED, 8 points Willis, 7 points Thundercat, 4 points Ed, 4 points Mitch, 3 points Nicky, 2 points Loocha

Spoiler:

CHRIS BENOIT

57 points
    – 18 points RED, 11 points sebsy, 9 points Grim, 9 points MC 16, 6 points Loocha, 4 points PS

Spoiler:

Well for my money, Trish is over at least a couple of superstars she shouldn't be but she comes in as the highest rated woman on this list which I'm cool with. If not Charlotte, Trish deserves the spot as she was insanely popular and carried he division, though it was weak, for years. She is the epitome of a diva, basically, which is viewed negatively now and understandably so, but she filled that role excellently during a period when it wasn't considered a bad thing to be.

I'm happy for The Miz. I almost put him on my top 25 as he has had a lowkey illustrious career. He is one of the premiere talkers in WWE, extremely consistent in the ring, a breakout mainstream star, maybe singlehandedly responsible for keeping the midcard afloat at times and he has had surprising longevity. Kudos to The Miz.

It's never fun to promote someone who committed the atrocities Benoit did so I'm going to keep it brief. All the fucked up stuff aside, he is one of the greatest wrestlers in WWE history. Captivating performer, quite over, fairly accomplished. I would have put him in this 30-40 range personally so I think he found himself in the right spot on the list.

Hail To The King

Status

Miz is great but he still got time before I put him in top 50 I love him tho

Spoiler:

CWA World Heavyweight Champion
    Brayden Bridges

ʕノ•ᴥ•ʔノ ︵ ┻━┻

Status
      Country                    Norfolk Island

Miz is already a well deserved top 50 guy. Still can't believe for how long he's been on a constant level of good to great now and he is one of the very few real success stories inside the WWE, if you think about it.

I still hope we'll get a face run from him, where the WWE put the right instruments in his hands this time.

Thread Information