Thread: nGw REBORN: Official Relaunch Announcement + Details

Circle Jerker

Status
      Country                    Hong Kong

nGw REBORN: Official Relaunch Announcement + Details

----

Hi all,

as at least one person has astutely guessed already, i will be taking over the running of nGw in the near term. this post will outline how nGw will be run going forward, the rationale of why it is formatted the way it is, and when you can expect nGw to finally start producing shows.

before i begin that though, i want to thank Jiggy for hearing me out and turning over the reins of nGw to me. i believe that the vision i will articulate for this enterprise is much in line with his original intent for nGw and that in the long run, this will bring nothing but benefits to the FWA and to FWA RPers.

1. The purpose of nGw from this point forward is to be an incubator for new characters and new ideas. The desired end state is for ideas and characters to become fully developed enough for the RPer to "call up" their characters to FWA.

you guys will no doubt notice in this post that there will be some big differences between how FWA is run and how nGw will be run. The reason for these differences is that i fully intend for nGw to be a place where our RPers can submit their character ideas in a controlled test environment where they will not be fully 100% in control. your characters will embark on storylines, angles, and take on some traits that are written by the nGw staff (aka me); the point of this is not to take the character away from you, the point is to allow you, the RPer and creator, to watch someone else "drive" your character while you make note of what you like, what you dont like, and what possibilities you see for RPs, storylines, and angles through observing your character in the nGw fishbowl. once you get a clear picture of how you wanna play your character, PM me to call them up to FWA, they will then be written out of nGw and turned back over to you 100%.

2. nGw will run 12 shows a year, one per month

unfortunately, i cannot keep up with the biweekly schedule anymore due to IRL commitments, and once a month is probably the best i can do right now. as such, nGw will run 4 special shows and 8 regular shows this year, starting with the inaugural show, which will be published sometime in late August/early September.

3. There will be no scored promos or promo threads in nGw

nGw is not really about promo points or collecting wins and losses and h2h results, it is about helping you, the RPer, generate ideas and storylines that get you excited and motivated to one day use in FWA. as such, there will be no promos and scoring, whoever wins or loses will be decided BTB-style. however, that is not to say that there is no way to influence the outcomes...

4. nGw will have one open, running, live thread for all character interactions

there will be one giant open thread for RPers to do anything and everything: tweet at each other, post backstage segments, react to what happened on the show, talk shit to each other, hell, if you must promo then do it in here. this thread will be the main avenue for RPers to showcase their ideas, interact with one another, and to 'influence' the results. there are only two rules that will be enforced in this thread: no breaking of kayfabe/the 4th wall, and no speaking for/controlling someone elses character without their prior consent. everything else will be fair game. i do not want anyone PMing me or whatnot about how to book their characters unless it is extremely time-sensitive; seeing as what the purpose of this new nGw is, this thread will be the main forum for you to sell me (the booker) on what direction your character should go in nGw. think of it as practice for FWA, in the same what your FWA promos need to sell your character to the reader to get over, use this thread to sell me and other readers as to why your nGw guy is the next big thing.

5. nGw will start with two recognized titles: the nGw Openweight Championship and the nGw World Trios Championship

nGw will not have tag titles; we will operate with a trios title instead. so people who have tag teams, better start finding a third, lulz~ the nGw Openweight Championship will be the top singles championship in nGw.

6. There will be a roster of NPC/mod-controlled wrestlers to ensure that every nGw character is in an appropriate position to grow

there will be some characters that i will create to make sure that heels have faces to work against, faces have heels to work against, etc. these characters are not jobbers per se, but be sufficiently confident that they will never actually be the ones to go over in a final feud; what this means for you, the RPer, is that if you are feuding with a NPC, you can plan and interact with others with the safe assumption that you will be the winner of that feud.

7. I will be asking you all to re-submit your nGw signups in a new thread

The new nGw signing will be exactly the same as the existing one with the exception of a small in-character questionnaire that i really want everyone to fill out. while characters previously signed up for Jiggys nGw will be used, I ideally want everyone to resubmit.

-----

nGw broadcast details:

Normal Location: Bull Snail University, Orlando, FL

Commentary team: Sean Waterhouse, Christian Quinn, Dinorah Redgrave

GM: will be revealed on the first show
    Last edited by KAIZEN; 08-20-2018 at 06:36 AM.

Circle Jerker

Status
      Country                    Hong Kong

Re: nGw REBORN: Official Relaunch Announcement + Details

Supplementary Staff Information:

Lead Commentator - Sean Waterhouse (basepic: Don Lemon)

Color Commentator -Christian Quinn (basepic: Ryan Gosling)

Color Commentator -Dinorah Redgrave (basepic: Margot Robbie)

Ring Announcer - Angela Eun (basepic: Sabina Altynbekova)

Reporter/Interviewer- Kat Jamarillo (basepic: Kristin Kreuk)

Last edited by KAIZEN; 08-23-2018 at 03:42 PM.

Thread Information