Thread: Early Bound for Glory 2018 Thoughts?

On Vacation

Status
      Country                    United States

Impact Wrestling Early Bound for Glory 2018 Thoughts?

With Slammiversary XVI in the bag and the show getting rave reviews, I thought I'd ask what your thoughts on the future on Impact on PPV are? More specifically what you do feel they should do at the upcoming Bound for Glory? What would be your ideal card for the event? Who do you see headlining their show of shows? Do you see Austin Aries retaining until BFG? If so, who do you feel has earned the next shot at him? Once upon a time I used to feel like they made an effort to make it feel like their biggest show of the year, but lately it's felt like Slammiversary got the majority of their best matches and booking. Do you feel that is the case as well and if you do, what to you think can be done to make Bound for Glory standout again? Let me know what you think.

Say hello to the bad guy!

Status
      Country                    Canada

Re: Early Bound for Glory 2018 Thoughts?

One of my biggest complaints about Impact is that it seems like they hot potato belts often. Would live Aries to have a long solid reign and you build up your big face to get over him then. But hell, by then they will probably have swotched the belt twice.

Hail To The King

Status

Prob be Aries vs.Cage at BFG

Spoiler:

CWA World Heavyweight Champion
    Brayden Bridges

"Above Average"

Status

At this point I'm not convinced that Moose won't be in the title picture at Bound For Glory. I think he's going to work his way back to the title picture before October. I think he's the guy that takes the title from Aries.

My choice would've been Brian Cage until they put the X Division Title on him. It looks like they're doing a Samoa Joe style build-up for Cage.

Relentless Admin

Status
      Country                    England

I can see them going down the route of Aries Vs Johnny Impact. Johnny is someone they treat like one of their biggest stars.

I think Tessa is nailed on to be in the KO title match too.

On Vacation

Status

Quote Originally Posted by OMB View Post
    Prob be Aries vs.Cage at BFG
    Would it be like an option C scenario where Cage forfeits the X Title to get a shot at Aries? Which would be fun to do with Aries being the champ.

Quote Originally Posted by Codename Bags View Post
    At this point I'm not convinced that Moose won't be in the title picture at Bound For Glory. I think he's going to work his way back to the title picture before October. I think he's the guy that takes the title from Aries.

My choice would've been Brian Cage until they put the X Division Title on him. It looks like they're doing a Samoa Joe style build-up for Cage.
    I'm kinda hoping the Moose run was one and done. Maybe down the road a bit.

Quote Originally Posted by Ed View Post
    I can see them going down the route of Aries Vs Johnny Impact. Johnny is someone they treat like one of their biggest stars.

I'd be down to clown on both of those. Especially Tessa in the Knockouts Title picture.

Say hello to the bad guy!

Status
      Country                    Canada

Quote Originally Posted by Ed View Post

Jeez..put the belt on her way before that. I cant get behind Su Yung at all and the Lucha Underground style videos they do with her feel so awkward.

Quote Originally Posted by Sicario View Post
    Would it be like an option C scenario where Cage forfeits the X Title to get a shot at Aries? Which would be fun to do with Aries being the champ.

I'm kinda hoping the Moose run was one and done. Maybe down the road a bit.
    I never was a fan of that whole "You can trade in the X Division title for a chance at the World title" so I really hope they dont do that.

And totally agree with you on the Moose push.

Forever The Revival

Status

Assuming Rosemary is healthy by then, I could totally see her challenging Su Yung for the Knockouts Title at BFG. If not, I'm not sure where they go as Allie has had her shots and I don't see Tessa taking it from Su. Maybe if not Rosemary they go for a multi woman match with Allie, Tessa and someone else, Taya maybe?

I'm also thinking Aries carries the World Title into BFG, likely into a rematch with Pentagon. There really is no better choice than Pentagon to challenge and dethrone Aries unless they wanna give it to Johnny Impact as others have mentioned, but for some reason I don't see them doing that. Not sure why.

Thread Information