Thread: Impact Wrestling on Twitch Discussion Thread

"Above Average"

Status
      Country                    United States

Impact Wrestling on Twitch Discussion Thread

I finally joined the Twitch party. And so far, I am loving it! As someone who doesn't have Pop TV(technically I do, but I refuse to deal with the stupid TV Guide scroll that my cable provider uses), Twitch is a great alternative. And the classic content is always going to be my favorite.

I saw where someone made a WWE Network random match discussion and I thought it was pretty cool. Impact on Twitch would make for the same great discussion because of the random matches and shows that they play on the stream.

I just got done watching an episode of Impact from 2005 leading up to the Hard Justice PPV. This was the episode where the Director of Authority Dusty Rhodes announced that Jeff Jarrett would defend the NWA World Heavyweight Championship against AJ Styles at Hard Justice and that Tito Ortiz would be the special referee. But what I want to talk about was the main event of the show. America's Most Wanted(what a team) defending the NWA World Tag Team Titles against Chase Stevens and Andy Douglas, the Naturals. The Naturals were being managed by Chris Candido at the time.

Unfortunately, this was Candido's last television appearance. This was one week after the first ever Lockdown PPV where he suffered his horrific leg break which would ultimately cause a blood clot that would take his life. The promo before the match was awesome and a great way to remember him by. He milked his injury to the point of making it comical. Swearing that he was there to watch "his boys" win the NWA Tag Titles. It was a really fun promo and a really nice way for him to go out. They always say that the right way to do business is to give back to the younger talent before you leave. And it may not be the exact same situation, that's exactly what he did in the end.

So anyway, that's the first match I'll talk about! Also, not sure if anyone is aware, but Pluto TV has an app on Roku that has an Impact Wrestling channel as well. They play completely different streams. So I may cover things from that too.

On Vacation

Status

Re: Impact Wrestling on Twitch Discussion Thread

Do they air the weekly Impact live on Twitch?

"Above Average"

Status

Quote Originally Posted by Sicario View Post
    Do they air the weekly Impact live on Twitch?

This weekend the showed taping from about two weeks ago. Better than nothing, I suppose.

On Vacation

Status

Quote Originally Posted by Codename Bags View Post
    This weekend the showed taping from about two weeks ago. Better than nothing, I suppose.
    They have a two week wait on the streaming service as well. I was just hoping there was an official place to watch Impact other than Pop. Which I don't get at all.

"Above Average"

Status

They have a two week wait on the streaming service as well. I was just hoping there was an official place to watch Impact other than Pop. Which I don't get at all.
    Technically, I have Pop, but we have the old TV Guide version with my cable provider and I’m just not gonna sit there and watch that shit for two hours. It’s ridiculous.

On Vacation

Status

Technically, I have Pop, but we have the old TV Guide version with my cable provider and I’m just not gonna sit there and watch that shit for two hours. It’s ridiculous.
    I don't have it all. It tells me to ask my cable provider about it and they say they could add it to a higher tiered package, but I'm not gonna pay an extra $50 a month to add one channel for one show a week.

"Above Average"

Status

I don't have it all. It tells me to ask my cable provider about it and they say they could add it to a higher tiered package, but I'm not gonna pay an extra $50 a month to add one channel for one show a week.
    I’m honestly considering switching from Sling to DirecTV’s streaming service. If I can find a package worth my money, I probably will. I pretty much only watch TV for WWE, The Walking Dead, and occasionally New Japan on AXS. I would definitely watch Impact if I had a decent version of Pop.

I think the discussion needs to be had about Impact needing a new provider. One as popular as Spike was back in the day.

God's Gift to God

Status

I’m honestly considering switching from Sling to DirecTV’s streaming service. If I can find a package worth my money, I probably will. I pretty much only watch TV for WWE, The Walking Dead, and occasionally New Japan on AXS. I would definitely watch Impact if I had a decent version of Pop.

I think the discussion needs to be had about Impact needing a new provider. One as popular as Spike was back in the day.
    YouTube tv is better than DTVNow fwiw. Cheaper for the channel package you're looking at too, I believe.

"Above Average"

Status

I just got home in time for Hardcore Justice to start live on the Twitch stream. I'm really excited about this because I've never seen it.

"Above Average"

Status

Right now on Pluto, they're showing the series of matches from 2014 between The Wolves, The Hardys, and Team 3D. One of my favorite series of matches Impact has ever put out.

Drink the Kool-Aid

Status

I was just wondering if there was something similar that exsited so I could start up and Impact Wrestling thread similar to my WWE Network one. This is awesome, thanks for the info.

t h e o g

Status
      Country                    Canada

Quote Originally Posted by Stojy View Post
    I was just wondering if there was something similar that exsited so I could start up and Impact Wrestling thread similar to my WWE Network one. This is awesome, thanks for the info.
    The GWN app has all their PPVS , all the weekly ppvs from back in the day then I think the the first 2 years of impact and then from 2016- now of Impact. Probably less annoying than waiting to see what they play on twitch.
    Last edited by ranthellacious; 07-29-2018 at 02:27 AM.

Drink the Kool-Aid

Status

Quote Originally Posted by ranthellacious View Post
    The GWN app has all their PPVS , all the weekly ppvs from back in the day then I think the the first 2 years of impact and then from 2016- now of Impact. Probably less annoying than waiting to see what they play on twitch.
    I quite like the random aspect of twitch though. The GWN app has all their PPV's but I can't seem to find a random match generator like what exists for the WWE Network. Twitch will allow me to do another random thread.

Agree with Bags to, those series of matches between Wolves, Hardys and Team 3D were terrific.

"Above Average"

Status

Right now they're playing a six man tag match between Booker T, Scott Steiner, and Kip James vs. AJ Styles, Brother Devon, and Mick Foley from Genesis 2009. Couldn't be a more random match, but it's pretty fun to go back and watch. It's from Genesis 2009 in Charlotte, N.C.

Thread Information