Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 789

Thread: Premier League 2018/19 Discussion Thread

The Only 2x WC HOF

Status

Re: Premier League 2018/19 Discussion Thread

I think Liverpool and Spurs will chase City as close as they probably can, but City are a juggernaut that beat teams before they've even kicked off. This is City without their best player, and recently their best striker. I think they're too good for Spurs and Liverpool to keep up with for the whole season.

Sent from my Moto E (4) Plus using Tapatalk

Established Veteran

Status

Hard fought win. We managed to grind out a win but we shouldn’t be struggling against Huddersfield. We didn’t play well but we got the three points. The unbeaten run now stretches to 21 matches. Great goal by Torreira. Surprised he went for an overhead kick instead of a header but wow great goal. Loved Emery’s reaction to Torreira’s goal.

With the injuries(Holding, Mavropanos) and suspensions(Sokratis and Mustafi), it will be interesting to see what our defensive options will be against Southampton next week. Good to see Monreal back. Koscielny is also back now as he continues to work his way back to full fitness. He was a sub in yesterday’s game but didn’t play.

Holding just started to live up to his potential. He managed to secure a regular starting spot and it’s such a shame that he’s out for the season. Hopefully he recovers well and comes back stronger next season. Arsenal have defensive problems so we really need to buy a CB next month. The lack of creativity is also a concern. Ozil back soon hopefully but we should also sign a winger next month.

Sadly Chelsea and Spurs won which puts us back to 5th place. I didn’t like Chelsea ending Man City’s run. At least now Man City won’t have the invincible season. It’s a two horse race, would like to see Liverpool win the league but will they remain consistent? Only time will tell but my prediction is Man City to retain the title.

Last edited by Kintaro; Today at 12:55 PM.

Status

21 matches unbeaten. Shit match yesterday but lovely goal. And we keep going. The injuries and suspensions do concern me, but we can adapt. I haven't gone back to watch the first half so I haven't seen the yellows we got for diving. Not sure if they are legit or not, but plenty of Gooners were complaining about the ref before that. Huddersfield were committing a ton of fouls but weren't getting cautioned. Can't wait to watch that first half back later today lol

Thread Information