Page 3 of 27 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: Premier League 2018/19 Discussion Thread

The EST of WC

Status
      Country                    Jamaica

Re: Premier League 2018/19 Discussion Thread

Man its so nice not to be the butt of the jokes in the prem anymore. Chelsea, United & Arsenal doing us a great service (Pls dont fuckup tomorrow now Pool)

Status

Mourinho In forever. I hope Woodward shows faith with poor, abused Jose by giving him a new bumper long-term contract.

Anyone else have a hearty laugh yesterday morning reading Mourinho's comments about "class". Ahhh... IRONY....

EVERY ENDING IS A NEW BEGINNING.
    YOUR LUCKY NUMBER IS NONE.
    YOUR LUCKY COLOUR IS DEAD.
    Motto:
    LIKE FATHER, LIKE SON.

Heel Champion

Status
      Country                    Wales

Well from this early stage you have to say top three will be Man City, Liverpool and Chelsea with the rest fighting for fourth.

Brighton thoroughly deserved those three points today. United's defending was awful at times, will be expecting a few changes for the next game.
    I have a plan so cunning......

Intercontinental Champion

Status
      Country                    England

I think it is way too early to even discuss what the end of the season could look like.

Awful display by Utd with no real good points. We were toothless and even when we were 2 goals down, there was no attacking intent, too happy to pass from left to right. Bailly's performance was awful but I think Lukaku has missed a lot of ire too, the guy brought nothing to the game and when Fred & Pogba actually looked like they could have made something happen, Lukaku was nowhere to be seen. Lukaku can be guilty of that from time to time too. Even with 10 minutes to go, it seemed so easy for Utd to just pass the ball between Bailly & Lindelof, who the latter is just awful, I have seen nothing that looks as a positive whenever he plays.

Mourinho's comments after the match about not criticising individual players is eye rolling but I was at least happy to see Pogba taking responsibility, you've said you weren't motivated so now make sure you are motivated in the next game. Also, as bad as we were, changing players out is the wrong move. I would argue that a high percentage of the problems Utd have compared to other teams is because the team is never the same, how can a defence ever be solid if they are not playing week in and week out?

Heel Champion

Status

Dele, Eriksen and Kane will run riot if the defence put's that kind of performance in again next Monday! Though Spurs is always one of those games where you'd expect a Man Utd win at OT.....

Established Veteran

Status

Mourinho in! Great result. Brightoned up my day.

But Who's Buying?
    Cumine the Trine!

Status

Quote Originally Posted by Baldrick View Post
    Well from this early stage you have to say top three will be Man City, Liverpool and Chelsea with the rest fighting for fourth.

Brighton thoroughly deserved those three points today. United's defending was awful at times, will be expecting a few changes for the next game.
    Harsh on Spurs.

I do agree City and Pool are the two strongest teams though - feels like them two for the title, Chelsea, Spurs & United for 3rd and 4th. Looks like Emery will take a while to get more out of Arsenal who are suffering from exactly the same problems at the end of Wenger's reign. Big fan of Guendouzi so far though.

On another note, that fella Brooks that Bournemouth signed from the Blades looks like a baller.

Now for the obvious discussion of how god awful United are.

Young is done, hard to believe he was in the starting XI for England this summer - although he was a clear weak link.

Two CB's are just a fucking shambles. Bailly looks like he's playing on ice half the time. Alright at least Bailly does have some potential but I don't think he'll ever fulfil it as he's just too eager to dive in (bit like Otamendi only far worse) and never seems to learn. Hopefully some United fans will start to see now that he is not our best CB. I can only presume Smalling is injured?

I like Shaw but he still doesn't look half the player he was. I think he's poor defensively and doesn't really drive forward as much as you'd really want from a full-back - again hoping he can grow with time. Not sure he'll ever get there defensively though, which is why I presume Jose isn't a fan.

Pogba & Fred were shite. Wingers all terrible. I can usually pick at least one player who I'd give some credit to after a match but I genuinely can't on this occasion.

Usually I blame Jose for his dour, defensive tactics too but this time I don't think he was that much to blame. Fair play to Brighton though, they played well. Defended well second half & Murray was great up top - loved that cheeky finish.

And he scores goals...!

THE HEARTBREAK KID

Status
      Country                    Portugal

Geez, United, where to even begin! Terrible!

Got to go with Smalling & Bailly if we are playing a back four. Fullback's not good enough (Tho Shaw will be ultimately judged after more continued game time) and the midfield was all over the place and didn't give enough service to the attackers. Oh and Mata, I love you, I do. But, I think time is up mate Too slow and ineffective in the wide areas which is not your fault but that's the formation we play and how you will be judged by many

Defensive mistakes killed us. Far different game without those errors but Brighton deserve credit for sure. They wanted it and pounced on the errors.

City & Pool are looking good as expected. Can't see anything other then one of them becoming Champion even at this early stage.

Criticism for Emery at this early stage is madness! The media are honestly a joke and all these "expert" ex-footballers don't help either. Give the guy a chance! It's not been impressive but at least he's making some big calls and trying to stamp his authority on the team. It's going to take time.

"LET ME IN.."

Established Veteran

Status

Our season properly starts here. Losing three in a row would be disastrous so this is a must win game. Hoping that Unai Emery gets his first competitive win as Arsenal manager. We need to defend well and not give away any silly goals. West Ham also haven’t won yet. Former ex Gooners Wilshere and Perez will be well up for this match as they have a point to prove. This is a home game that Arsenal should be winning so I won’t be that pleased if we get a point. Predicting Arsenal to win today. COYG!!!

Your Favourite Member's Favourite Admin

Status

Wolves for all their money can't win games of football even with handball goals and numbers advantage. Long hard season for them

Pretty good

Status
      Country                    Ireland

Quote Originally Posted by Ed View Post
    Wolves for all their money can't win games of football even with handball goals and numbers advantage. Long hard season for them
    Didn’t watch the game today, so I could be speaking out of turn here, but when I watched them vs Everton the other week, I couldn’t help but think for all that money spent, they could’ve done with investing a bit more on their defence. Just looked very shaky at the back.

Someone’s probably going to tell me they were magnificent defensively today now.

COME HERE TO VOTE FOR ALL YOUR FAVOURITES FROM THE BTB SECTION FOR THE YEAR 2019!
    ~ THE BTB END OF THE YEAR AWARDS - VOTING CLOSES JANUARY 25TH ~

Established Veteran

Status

Good to finally get the win. First three points of the new era under Unai Emery. Hopefully a turning point for him. Not a convincing win, sloppy at the back but we need to improve in our next game.

Heel Champion

Status

Regarding Wolves I don't think they got the quality to pull off the 343 in the Premiership. It's a big step up for a lot of the squad they have and the top players will be all over the tiny mistakes. I think they'll stay up but I don't think they'll do as well as people will expect.

Fancy Chelsea to make it 3 from 3 tomorrow to join Liverpool up top, think Palace will spoil Watford's effort to go 3 from 3 too.

The EST of WC

Status
      Country                    Jamaica

3 wins 3 clean sheets. Good start to the season. Nice little goal from Salah and despite some good pressure from Brighton I’m glad that we were able to keep them at bay.

Also it’s so nice to actually have a keeper who doesn’t fumble silly chances. Honestly it’s early days but players like him, VVD and Keita are exactly what we’ve missed in previous years.

Status

The one point in the first half where the Liverpool defender under-hit the backpass a bit and Alisson was put "under pressure"... but he just chipped it over the charging striker and stayed perfectly clam.... impressive little single moment.

Well, its 3 points. It wasn't that convincing, the defense is still a mess, and I'm not quite sure why certain players are starting. But a win is a win and just hopeful that Emery can get it sorted as time goes on.
    Motto:
    LIKE FATHER, LIKE SON.

Heel Champion

Status

First time since the first Premier League season to have lost 2 of the first 3 games. Only players that I could say at least did their best in this game would be Fred and Shaw. Jose can't last much longer now, especially when you have some very good managers available without having to pay a fee.

TAKE THE DREAM~

Status

First time since the first Premier League season to have lost 2 of the first 3 games. Only players that I could say at least did their best in this game would be Fred and Shaw. Jose can't last much longer now, especially when you have some very good managers available without having to pay a fee.
    He can totally last longer. He won't be sacked until it's impossible to get Champions League football. He should be sacked though.

He doesn't fit the club nor do the people in charge want to adapt to him and give him the money he needs. He has to go, no need to keep him at the club.
    Last edited by MC 16; 08-27-2018 at 04:55 PM.

Status

Jose In. Forever. PLZ
    Motto:
    LIKE FATHER, LIKE SON.

Heel Champion

Status

Quote Originally Posted by MC 16 View Post
    He can totally last longer. He won't be sacked until it's impossible to get Champions League football. He should be sacked though.
    Nah I think Woodward has the balls to sack him now to be honest. There's too much unrest to be keeping him now...even Moyes had it better than this haha.

TAKE THE DREAM~

Status

Nah I think Woodward has the balls to sack him now to be honest. There's too much unrest to be keeping him now...even Moyes had it better than this haha.
    I would agree but Woodward don't sack Van Gaal when he needed to and waited till CL was gone. So I can see the same with Jose.

Page 3 of 27 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread Information