Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Stojy watches WWE Network at random

Drink the Kool-Aid

Status

Re: Stojy watches WWE Network at random

Match #42 – Summer Rae and Alicia Fox vs. Paige and Natalya (WWE Monday Night Raw #1130, January 19th, 2015)

There really isn’t much to say about this one, Summer Rae and Alicia Fox are thrown to the wolves here. This is a showcase for Paige and Natalya who head into the Royal Rumble the following Sunday to face The Bella Twins. The Bella Twins are on commentary, and Nikki flirts a little with JBL which just felt weird, considering everything that has happened since then. Anyway, a showcase with not much happening for Rae and Fox, and Paige makes Fox submit to the PTO. Don’t think this even lasted 3 minutes.

Drink the Kool-Aid

Status

Match #43 – Raven vs. Al Snow (WWE Smackdown #62, October 26th, 2000)

At this point in time, Raven had paired up with Tazz, as Tazz was trying to guide Raven in the right direction. Tazz decided to do commentary during this match, and it created an interesting dynamic with Michael Cole the mediator, whilst Jerry Lawler and Tazz bickered. This is due to the Tazz/Lawler & JR feud that went on a few months ago. Anyway, match is pretty standard with the ECW alumni taking it outside the ring in the early stages.

Hardcore rules would have helped this as these two are definitely better suited to that. Snow landed some Daniel Bryan like kicks which made me giggle a little, but as Snow looked set for the victory, Tazz started an argument with Lawler. Snow went out and dropped Tazz before getting back into the ring and walking straight into an Evenflow from Raven. After the match, it was a two on one attack until Lawler made the save and Lawler and Snow fought off Raven.

I always hated it when Lawler got the better of Tazz. Such a fucking waste of Tazz. Anyway the match was short but Snow was a glorified jobber at this point so smart to give the win to Raven, who it at least seemed they were trying to do something with. Raven and Tazz though, what a waste of talent in the WWE.

*1/2

Raven's first few months back in the WWE was a total waste. Luckily, after a few months they came to their senses, broke him away from Tazz, and gave him the Hardcore Title where he flourished for a few months prior to the Invasion.

On Vacation

Status
      Country                    Aaland

Really enjoyed reading your reviews stojy, really interesting to here another persons perspective on the different matches espically your opinion about ECW , I always thought the same too.

Peace.

Drink the Kool-Aid

Status

Match #44 – Kaitlyn vs. Naomi (WWE NXT #41, November 30th, 2010)

So having not watched a lot of NXT whilst it was still a competition as opposed to a brand, I tuned in not knowing what to expect. In terms of the match, what I got was a match between two girls who were clearly green as hell. I’d argue that there wasn’t a move in the whole match that was performed as it should be. There were nearly multiple botches, everything just looked sloppy. The match started with the two trading robot dance moves for crying out loud. I also HATED the fact that Michael Cole and Josh Matthews basically buried this match from the beginning as well. Heel or face commentators, I don’t care. Commentators are supposed to put over the talent.

Kaitlyn did bust out the Cesaro Swing which was kind of cool, and Naomi was already doing her Flying Butt to the face. God I wish I could be on the receiving end of one of those. She was wearing some tiny booty shorts and that was probably the highlight of the match. Anyway Kaitlyn wins with an Inside Cradle that the referee botches and makes almost what seems like a five count on. What a mess.

¼

The Only 2x WC HOF

Status

That season of NXT is an absolute goldmine for shitty wrestling and terrible/hilarious commentary.

I think there's a match between Maxine and Kaitlyn which is one of the worst matches you'll ever see.

Sent from my Moto E (4) Plus using Tapatalk

30 Days of WC Member's Choice - Coming Soon - PM me match suggestions

Shock Reviews Archive

The 100 Greatest WWE Matches (1986 - 1995) - Coming Soon

The 100 Greatest WWE Matches (1996 - 2005) - Completed

Drink the Kool-Aid

Status

Quote Originally Posted by Shock View Post
    That season of NXT is an absolute goldmine for shitty wrestling and terrible/hilarious commentary.

I think there's a match between Maxine and Kaitlyn which is one of the worst matches you'll ever see.

Thanks for the recommendation. I'll give it a look and cringe enjoyably throughout.

On Vacation

Status
      Country                    Aaland

Stojy is there any Undertaker or Triple H matches worth watching on the network mate ? Is it worth getting in terms of enjoyment ?
    Let me know pls

Peace.

Quote Originally Posted by Psychosis View Post
    Stojy is there any Undertaker or Triple H matches worth watching on the network mate ? Is it worth getting in terms of enjoyment ?
    Let me know pls

Peace.
    There's hundred of matches featuring Hunter or Taker, including every PPV, Raw, Smackdown, ect...

Probably booking

Status
      Country                    Ireland

Quote Originally Posted by Psychosis View Post
    Let me know pls

Peace.
    This thread may be of use to you in that regard

http://wrestlingclique.com/showthread.php?t=170724

Post 2, specifically

BEING THE BOOKER
    ~Now with 100% less Brent Albright!

Keep dreaming

Status
      Country                    UK

Quote Originally Posted by Stojy View Post
    Thanks for the recommendation. I'll give it a look and cringe enjoyably throughout.
    The episode where CM Punk is on commentary is my favourite NXT episode prior to the format change.

Relentless Admin

Status
      Country                    England

Quote Originally Posted by Shock View Post

Kaitlyn's first round match in the Mae Young Classic, Cole actually apologized for his behaviour and commentary during Kaitlyn's NXT season. But yeah it was a hilarious time.

Drink the Kool-Aid

Status

Match #45 - League Of Nations vs. Lucha Dragons (Smackdown #864, March 10th, 2016)

Hey, I kind of remember The League Of Nations and I always thought they could have been a big deal, but instead they jobbed to Roman before they could get their feet off the ground. Anyway, this particular match is Sheamus and King Barrett, accompanied by Rusev, going up against US Champion Kalisto and Sin Cara. The match followed a pretty basic formula, with Sheamus being caught off balance in the early stages, but thanks to Barrett getting involved, Sheamus manages to gain the advantage.

There was a cool moment where Sin Cara Monkey Flipped Kalisto into a Splash on Sheamus. Oh, and Sheamus randomly yelled “THIS IS SPARTA” before landing a Powerslam, which I thought was hilarious. The heels do some pretty solid work until the hot tag and Cara goes to town with spot after spot on the run home.

I really disliked the way the ending came about here though. Cara landed a kick to Barrett who dropped to the canvas, and the referee randomly dropped down to “check” on Barrett, allowing Rusev to push Cara off the top rope. Why couldn’t they have just had Barrett pull the ref down or feign injury to add some heat to this? Instead, it just looked far to planned with the referee dropping down for no real reason.

Anyway, after Rusev gets involved, Barrett finishes off Cara with the Bull Hammer. A solid match and smart to give the League of Nations the win considering they were challenging for the tag titles the coming Sunday on PPV. My only real issue was the way to scripted, not well executed finishing sequence.

**1/2

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread Information