Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Star Wars: The Rise of Skywalker (2019)

On Vacation

Status
      Country                    Puerto Rico

Re: Star Wars: Episode IX (2019)

Well take this with me even not knowing if it's real or not, but it seems that promotional/poster art was leaked for the film. Some are saying it's real..some are saying it's fake, but here's a great quality version of what the "leaked" Poster looks like

Spoiler:

Digging the real..

No..FAKE..

I mean real...

Whatever it is fake or not it's look great. Knights of Ren is what I wanted to see and I'm interested on the new characters on the Poster. I would say I bet Disney is pissed at this coming out if it's real might as well drop a Trailer and not wait till Star Wars Celebration now hehe.

Crotchety Old SMOD

Status
      Country                    Canada

For what it's worth, Mark Hammil said on Twitter that he thinks it's a fake. It does seem odd that at least one major character isn't even featured in it.

Ask Fuji|2020 Movie Log

​​​

Quote Originally Posted by Wang Chung
    Fuji- got his hint possibly town but also threatened Cox with a burrito up his ass

3rd Degree WC HallofFamer

Status
      Country                    United States

Also C3-PO with a weapon? Seems odd

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Spoiler:

On Vacation

Status

Quote Originally Posted by JakeYourBooty View Post
    Also C3-PO with a weapon? Seems odd

Yeah when I looked at the pic I thought the same thing. I thought well maybe could Chewie be dying in this??? I see it more C3-PO returning the favor to Chewy protecting him like when Chewy protected him and helped him being put back together in The Empire Strikes back.

Crotchety Old SMOD

Status

Quote Originally Posted by Kairi HoHo View Post
    Yeah when I looked at the pic I thought the same thing. I thought well maybe could Chewie be dying in this??? I see it more C3-PO returning the favor to Chewy protecting him like when Chewy protected him and helped him being put back together in The Empire Strikes back.
    But he put him together backwards. Only an overgrown mop-head like Chewie would be stupid enough to do that.

Ask Fuji|2020 Movie Log

​​​

Fuji- got his hint possibly town but also threatened Cox with a burrito up his ass

On Vacation

Status

Chills people!!

Rey doing the damn thing like a Master and that voice at the end..OMG!!!

Cult of Fuji

Status
      Country                    us=United States

You referring to palpatine laughing

it's the fastest tap a junk in the galaxy

TEAM CYRUS

On Vacation

Status

Quote Originally Posted by Wang Chung View Post

Well I didn't want to give it away letting people see the Trailer first. I think I gave away too much in my post before and some people flipped out and it turned into a crazy discussion over it. Rey being Palpatine's Grand Daughter explains alot of her raw power, it's in the genes people. Also it means the Emperor might have loads of kids who had kids themselves and had to go into hiding after The Empire fell.

What are the chances still Luke was in a relationship with Rey's Mother making her his Daughter and this is how it all wraps together? What are people's thoughts about Kylo getting back apparently his Helmet? He wanted to be like his Grandfather so much it makes sense, but I thought he was going away from that and become his own Sith rather than a copy by the end of Episode 8.

3rd Degree WC HallofFamer

Status

Quote Originally Posted by Wang Chung View Post

No that’s the animated Joker laugh

Spoiler:

Status

Here's a new poster.

Weird Bitch Energy

Status

Quote Originally Posted by Kairi HoHo View Post
    Well I didn't want to give it away letting people see the Trailer first. I think I gave away too much in my post before and some people flipped out and it turned into a crazy discussion over it. Rey being Palpatine's Grand Daughter explains alot of her raw power, it's in the genes people. Also it means the Emperor might have loads of kids who had kids themselves and had to go into hiding after The Empire fell.

What are the chances still Luke was in a relationship with Rey's Mother making her his Daughter and this is how it all wraps together? What are people's thoughts about Kylo getting back apparently his Helmet? He wanted to be like his Grandfather so much it makes sense, but I thought he was going away from that and become his own Sith rather than a copy by the end of Episode 8.
    This theory implies that Luke Skywalker has at some point in his life gotten laid and i'm not buying it.

On Vacation

Status

Quote Originally Posted by Jiggy View Post
    This theory implies that Luke Skywalker has at some point in his life gotten laid and i'm not buying it.
    I could see the say the thing with The Emperor, but money and power can make things happen for yourself. For all we know this Rey's Mother was the Monica Lewinsky of the Universe, but if you flip it and say Rey's Mother was in love with Luke it would be better than just a bastard child of The Emperor that dumped their kid on a planet and never came back. It could be that Rey's Mom died who knows so many ways they could do with this.

Crotchety Old SMOD

Status

I’m a little underwhelmed by the trailer if I’m being honest, but it’s nowhere near the level of annoyance I have at that lame ass title. I really hope that’s just a red herring because, even if there’s a contextual reason for it in the film, it sounds stupid.

Currently enjoying a plate of Pulpo Gallego via Tapastalk.

Ask Fuji|2020 Movie Log

​​​

The Only 2x WC HOF

Status
      Country                    Scotland

That trailer did nothing to get me enthusiastic about Star Wars. This is by far the least interested I've been in a main Star Wars film, and probably the first since Return of the Jedi that I won't see in the cinema (not seeing ROTJ due to the disadvantage of not being born yet). Them trotting Palpatine back is just further proof that they have no original idea in their brain and they are just pulling out stuff that worked for them before.

I'm surprised they haven't brought back Darth Vader at this point but I'm not ruling it out at any rate.

Sent from my Moto E (4) Plus using Tapatalk

The 100 Greatest WCW Matches - Coming Soon

The 100 Greatest WWE Matches (1986 - 1995) - Coming Soon

The 100 Greatest WWE Matches (1996 - 2005) - Completed

MADMIN KING

Status
      Country                    England

Well I'm sure glad to hear the skywalkers are gonna be on the rise after 8 previous movies of doing nothing

The Emperor return is annoying. I was hoping killing Snoke off was gonna take the 9th movie in a new direction rather than just put another old man back in the major villain role. If this all ends with Kylo turning to the light side after Rey kills the Emperor my eyes are gonna roll so far back into my head.

Still my most anticipated movie of the year that I'm sure I'll enjoy.

Hail To The King

Status

Quote Originally Posted by Ed View Post
    Well I'm sure glad to hear the skywalkers are gonna be on the rise after 8 previous movies of doing nothing

The Emperor return is annoying. I was hoping killing Snoke off was gonna take the 9th movie in a new direction rather than just put another old man back in the major villain role. If this all ends with Kylo turning to the light side after Rey kills the Emperor my eyes are gonna roll so far back into my head.

Still my most anticipated movie of the year that I'm sure I'll enjoy.
    actin like the first two this trilogy weren't remakes of the first trilogy LOLLLL... Still they are fun films.

Spoiler:

CWA World Heavyweight Champion
    Brayden Bridges

On Vacation

Status

Listen I would like to talk and say for a moment on the topic of some people you know being meh and come on to The Emperor coming back to the Star Wars Franchise. Let's break it down though it makes sense if you read and listen to the Star Wars Graphic Novels and Films especially, but a hint of all this was put into Episode 3. Darth Plagueis taught Palpatine how to cheat death and J.J. Abrams and Kennedy have wanted from what I heard from him to bridge the two Trilogies and this is his way to make it happen. Shoot in Dark Empire you had the idea of multiple clones of Palpatine, and even in the last few years they did the idea of The Emperor having his essence in another person.

The Emperor has always been the greatest schemer in the world. He always like to think ahead, I mean this guy was trying to test and get rid of Vader way before New Hope. In the Graphic Novels, The Emperor had Vader take out Jedi who were hidden, and he wanted Vader gone. He felt the war Vader was going through with himself whether to be Anakin or Vader he could sense it. He's always able to get people to his cause like Maul and Dooku and Snoke no doubt I see being his guy he had put into place to take over the Universe till he was ready to come back fully. I don't know if we get physical or spirit form of him, but I hope they give us what happened to him after Vader through him down to the shoot in The Return of the Jedi and it all comes together nicely.

On Vacation

Status

Listen I would like to talk and say for a moment on the topic of some people you know being meh and come on to The Emperor coming back to the Star Wars Franchise. Let's break it down though it makes sense if you read and listen to the Star Wars Graphic Novels and Films especially, but a hint of all this was put into Episode 3. Darth Plagueis taught Palpatine how to cheat death and J.J. Abrams and Kennedy have wanted from what I heard from them to bridge the two Trilogies and this is his way to make it happen. Shoot in Dark Empire you had the idea of multiple clones of Palpatine, and even in the last few years they did the idea of The Emperor having his essence in another person.

The Emperor has always been the greatest schemer in the world. He always like to think ahead, I mean this guy was trying to test and get rid of Vader way before New Hope. In the Graphic Novels, The Emperor had Vader take out Jedi who were hidden, and he wanted Vader gone. He felt the war Vader was going through with himself whether to be Anakin or Vader he could sense it. He's always able to get people to his cause like Maul and Dooku and Snoke no doubt I see being his guy he had put into place to take over the Universe till he was ready to come back fully. I don't know if we get physical or spirit form of him, but I hope they give us what happened to him after Vader through him down to the shoot in The Return of the Jedi and it all comes together nicely.
    Last edited by Kairi HoHo; 04-17-2019 at 11:50 PM.

The Only 2x WC HOF

Status
      Country                    Scotland

That's all well and good but if it's not explained in episode 9 then what happens in the Star Wars lore outside the films is frankly irrelevant to the quality (or lack thereof) of the film.

I wouldn't hold your breath for the sequels to explain anything other than "look who is still alive! We gave you fanservice, you give us your money".

The fact they even gave away what would be a major plot point and spoiler in the trailer suggests that this isn't some intricate story they've had planned for ages. It's a blatant cash grab and I will be amazed if I'm wrong.

Sent from my Moto E (4) Plus using Tapatalk
    Last edited by Shock; 04-18-2019 at 03:12 AM.

The 100 Greatest WCW Matches - Coming Soon

The 100 Greatest WWE Matches (1986 - 1995) - Coming Soon

The 100 Greatest WWE Matches (1996 - 2005) - Completed

Crotchety Old SMOD

Status

I'm holding out hope that it's some sort of bait and switch, given the fact that this is only a teaser trailer and not the final version. However, I have to agree with Shock that, at the moment anyways, it does feel like a blatant cash grab, and that sucks. Unlike Shock, I was actually a fan of The Last Jedi because it had the balls to attempt something a little different. This just looks like they're reverting to more of the same old same old and, as horrible as this sounds as a big fan of the series, I'm glad they're planning on mothballing the movies after this one for awhile.

I do love the fact that Lando looks like he's having the time of his life in the trailer. Thank goodness for small things.

I'll obviously still be seeing this the day it comes out but my hopes of it providing a superb ending to this trilogy have faded somewhat from that teaser. On the bright side, with lowered expectations, I suppose I could be blown away by the finished product and end up loving it. Fingers crossed.

Ask Fuji|2020 Movie Log

​​​

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread Information