Results 1 to 13 of 13

Thread: Rugby League

  1. #1
    IT'S COMING HOME
    Harry Dmacguire's Avatar

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Newcastle-under-Lyme, England
    Posts
    18,312
    Rep Power
    19681
      Country                    England

    Rugby League

    It's been a fair stretch since I posted around these parts properly.

    I know that there is a few Aussies spotted about though.

    Is there any League fans around?

    I'd love to be able to discuss Super League but I'd settle for NRL.
    __________________________

    __________________________

    __________________________

  2. #2
    Big Papa's Avatar

    Status
    Online
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    15,319
    Rep Power
    469902

    Re: Rugby League

    I follow league rugby but haven't experienced as much with union.

    Sorries.
    EVERY ENDING IS A NEW BEGINNING.
    YOUR LUCKY NUMBER IS NONE.
    YOUR LUCKY COLOUR IS DEAD.
    Motto:
    LIKE FATHER, LIKE SON.



  3. #3
    Cardcaptor
    Sakura's Avatar

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    The Northwoods
    Posts
    7,300
    Rep Power
    573682
      Country                    United States

    Re: Rugby League

    Been meaning to get more into this. I have a friend who's a huge Wests Tigers fan, and I've been watching a bit of them and Rabbitohs lately.

    Getting into Rugby League and Cricket for new and exciting things
    Everything will surely be alright.



  4. #4
    White Iverson
    EZ3's Avatar

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Mar 2015
    Location
    Australia
    Posts
    278
    Rep Power
    159625
      Country                    Australia

    Re: Rugby League

    Melbourne will make it to their third straight Grand Final and proceed to win back to back titles. Rough start to the year but we've got two immortals on the team and the greatest coach of the last 15 years.

    Slater will re-sign for another season and we will milk the final days of this dynasty until everyone is on their last legs.

    Cameron Smith will get his Churchill Medal this year and will widen the gap between him and JT for the GOAT.


    Sometimes I write stuff on the internet and people like it (sometimes).

  5. #5
    Mid-Card Champion
    DeclanDimi's Avatar

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Dec 2015
    Location
    Sydney
    Posts
    746
    Rep Power
    7899
      Country                    Australia

    Re: Rugby League

    Souths to win pls

  6. #6
    IT'S COMING HOME
    Harry Dmacguire's Avatar

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Newcastle-under-Lyme, England
    Posts
    18,312
    Rep Power
    19681
      Country                    England

    Re: Rugby League

    Quote Originally Posted by EZ3 View Post
    Slater will re-sign for another season and we will milk the final days of this dynasty until everyone is on their last legs.
    I'd say no need. Obviously losing Slater is going to leave a huge gap but my solution to that would be to jump right in to sign Ben Barba back from Super League.

    He is making it look easy over here and for the team I despise to most.

    He only came here because of his ban and will surely go back to NRL for 2019.
    __________________________

    __________________________

    __________________________

  7. #7
    White Iverson
    EZ3's Avatar

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Mar 2015
    Location
    Australia
    Posts
    278
    Rep Power
    159625
      Country                    Australia

    Re: Rugby League

    Quote Originally Posted by Harry Dmacguire View Post
    I'd say no need. Obviously losing Slater is going to leave a huge gap but my solution to that would be to jump right in to sign Ben Barba back from Super League.

    He is making it look easy over here and for the team I despise to most.

    He only came here because of his ban and will surely go back to NRL for 2019.
    Barba has been through multiple teams in the NRL and has shown to be unstable when the bright lights of fame are on him. Dude can't handle it. No way Melbourne would bring him in after all the trouble he has caused elsewhere. Plus, if the greatest fullback to ever play the game says he wants another year then you give him another year.


    Sometimes I write stuff on the internet and people like it (sometimes).

  8. #8
    Mid-Card Champion
    DeclanDimi's Avatar

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Dec 2015
    Location
    Sydney
    Posts
    746
    Rep Power
    7899
      Country                    Australia

    Re: Rugby League

    Who would your player of the season be for your team? Mine is Damien Cook. 2nd would be G1 then 3rd probably either Sam Burgess, Walker, or Johnston

  9. #9
    IT'S COMING HOME
    Harry Dmacguire's Avatar

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Newcastle-under-Lyme, England
    Posts
    18,312
    Rep Power
    19681
      Country                    England

    Re: Rugby League

    Quote Originally Posted by EZ3 View Post
    Barba has been through multiple teams in the NRL and has shown to be unstable when the bright lights of fame are on him. Dude can't handle it. No way Melbourne would bring him in after all the trouble he has caused elsewhere. Plus, if the greatest fullback to ever play the game says he wants another year then you give him another year.
    You know I actually didn't realise Barba was as old as he is I thought fir whatever reason he was like 25.

    Please god any NRL team take him back from St. Helens.
    __________________________

    __________________________

    __________________________

  10. #10
    Cardcaptor
    Sakura's Avatar

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    The Northwoods
    Posts
    7,300
    Rep Power
    573682
      Country                    United States

    Re: Rugby League

    Didn't see this coming.

    Everything will surely be alright.



  11. #11
    Mid-Card Champion
    DeclanDimi's Avatar

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Dec 2015
    Location
    Sydney
    Posts
    746
    Rep Power
    7899
      Country                    Australia

    Re: Rugby League

    Tough loss on Friday to Melbourne. Reckon we'll bounce back against St George. Already got my tickets so I am very excited!

  12. #12
    White Iverson
    EZ3's Avatar

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Mar 2015
    Location
    Australia
    Posts
    278
    Rep Power
    159625
      Country                    Australia

    Re: Rugby League

    Quote Originally Posted by EZ3 View Post
    Melbourne will make it to their third straight Grand Final and proceed to win back to back titles. Rough start to the year but we've got two immortals on the team and the greatest coach of the last 15 years.

    Slater will re-sign for another season and we will milk the final days of this dynasty until everyone is on their last legs.

    Cameron Smith will get his Churchill Medal this year and will widen the gap between him and JT for the GOAT.
    1-1 on these so far.

    The possible suspension of Billy Slater for what would be his final game in a GF is an utter disgrace. No wonder the AFL is killing this poorly run league.


    Sometimes I write stuff on the internet and people like it (sometimes).

  13. #13
    Fearless University
    ETE's Avatar

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Perth, Australia
    Posts
    6,726
    Rep Power
    196259
      Country                    New Zealand

    Re: Rugby League

    Roosters were immense tonight. Made the Rabbits look inept.

    Never been a huge League fan, watch a bit here and there. It does my head in just how often the "bunker" step in to review a try. Seems like half the trys have to be reviewed, and that always sucks some of the life out of the moment.

    Seeing as in AFL is encouraged to cheap shot people when they're not looking Im not fussed that the NRL is sticking by their no shoulder charge policy. It sucks for Slater if he misses his last game, but shoulder charges have been done away with for a fair few seasons now. Its just amazing how often professional athletes do dumb shit on the field with cameras everywhere.
    Last edited by ETE; 09-22-2018 at 08:22 AM.


Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •