Page 389 of 389 FirstFirst ... 289339379387388389
Results 7,761 to 7,770 of 7770

Thread: The Middle Of A Pandemic NA Politics Thread

Cardcaptor

Status

Re: The Middle Of A Pandemic NA Politics Thread

See, that's assuming that the people here talking about all of this are liberals.
    Everything will surely be alright.

Crotchety Old SMOD

Status
      Country                    Canada

The Middle Of A Pandemic NA Politics Thread

Quote Originally Posted by King Steventon View Post
    Interesting to see opinion turn against Trudeau, it wasn't long ago he was the poster child for global liberalism and one of the most popular leaders in the world. What issues have turned you all against him?
    He’s proven to be nothing more than that, a poster child that can’t get anything good done for this country save for the legalization of marijuana. Instead of trying to make a difference where Canadian’s can see it, he spends the majority of his time virtue signalling to a member base that’s going to support him no matter what. This also serves to further alienate the rest of the population, that’s becoming more and more tired of these antics. He’s also been embroiled in multiple scandals, which have magically disappeared due to the rise of COVID and a sympathetic, left leaning media.

We cannot get rid of him fast enough, yet I see no way he doesn’t win again, which is pretty sad.

Quote Originally Posted by Sakura View Post
    See, that's assuming that the people here talking about all of this are liberals.
    Uh, both Indy and Jon have either voted for or expressed interest in voting for the NDP or the Green Party, both of which are left leaning.

I will be voting for the Green Party in the next federal election, just as I did in the last one.

So, I guess his assumption was correct.

”Greetings, Starfighter. You have been recruited by Tapatalk to defend the frontier against Xur and the Ko-Dan armada."

Ask Fuji|2020 Movie Log

​​​

Quote Originally Posted by Wang Chung
    Fuji- got his hint possibly town but also threatened Cox with a burrito up his ass

Cardcaptor

Status

Quote Originally Posted by Fuji Vice View Post
    He’s proven to be nothing more than that, a poster child that can’t get anything good done for this country save for the legalization of marijuana. Instead of trying to make a difference where Canadian’s can see it, he spends the majority of his time virtue signalling to a member base that’s going to support him no matter what. This also serves to further alienate the rest of the population, that’s becoming more and more tired of these antics. He’s also been embroiled in multiple scandals, which have magically disappeared due to the rise of COVID and a sympathetic, left leaning media.

We cannot get rid of him fast enough, yet I see no way he doesn’t win again, which is pretty sad.

Uh, both Indy and Jon have either voted for or expressed interest in voting for the NDP or the Green Party, both of which are left leaning.

I will be voting for the Green Party in the next federal election, just as I did in the last one.

So, I guess his assumption was correct.

”Greetings, Starfighter. You have been recruited by Tapatalk to defend the frontier against Xur and the Ko-Dan armada."
    Not all left leaning people are liberal, though. That's the thing.

All liberals are left leaning, but not all people who are left leaning are liberal. There is a big difference between a leftist and a liberal.

All About That Ace

Status

Not all left leaning people are liberal, though. That's the thing.

All liberals are left leaning, but not all people who are left leaning are liberal. There is a big difference between a leftist and a liberal.
    I was too lazy to post to say this but yes. What Sakura said. And even then, there's probably many differences between Fuji, Indy, and Mine's politics.

Crotchety Old SMOD

Status

Quote Originally Posted by Cuddlywhiskers View Post
    I was too lazy to post to say this but yes. What Sakura said. And even then, there's probably many differences between Fuji, Indy, and Mine's politics.
    Of course there are, but I took his post to mean that he somehow felt we were “REEEEEEE CoNSErvaTIveS” and therefore our opinion was somehow not valid, even though we were talking about our own country. It’s not like it would be a stretch to assume that there was a veiled meaning behind it.

Ask Fuji|2020 Movie Log

​​​

Quote Originally Posted by Wang Chung
    Fuji- got his hint possibly town but also threatened Cox with a burrito up his ass

Cardcaptor

Status

Quote Originally Posted by Cuddlywhiskers View Post
    To be fair, Indy seems to be all over the place. lol
    Quote Originally Posted by Fuji Vice View Post
    Of course there are, but I took his post to mean that he somehow felt we were “REEEEEEE CoNSErvaTIveS” and therefore our opinion was somehow not valid, even though we were talking about our own country. It’s not like it would be a stretch to assume that there was a veiled meaning behind it.

Fair, fair. Perhaps I was just being nitpicky, but I figured at least I'd point it out.

Main Eventer

Status

To be fair, Indy seems to be all over the place. lol

Fair, fair. Perhaps I was just being nitpicky, but I figured at least I'd point it out.
    to be fair...so are you. And thats ok. I try and see positives from both sides.
    I am the Foundation

https://twitter.com/TheJonGresham

Cardcaptor

Status

Quote Originally Posted by indyfan View Post
    to be fair...so are you. And thats ok. I try and see positives from both sides.
    Definitely an accurate assessment.

I don't really fit into any American or Canadian political party, and am much more a fan of East Asian and some European countries political spectrums.

Which I think is entirely okay, but can be quite frustrating when the options you are given to vote for do not accurately represent much of your views.

Shoutbox Mod

Status

Apparently Trump's advisors are telling him to drop Pence and get either a black or woman VP on his side. I feel like that will lose a majority of the people that voted or him, not gain more.

SIX F'N STARS

Status

Quote Originally Posted by Duke View Post
    Apparently Trump's advisors are telling him to drop Pence and get either a black or woman VP on his side. I feel like that will lose a majority of the people that voted or him, not gain more.
    They'll see it as 400 IQ gameplay by Trump looking to "beat the Democrats at their own game."

Anything Trump does, these people find a way to spin it as God Emperor making genius moves.
    [save]

Page 389 of 389 FirstFirst ... 289339379387388389

Thread Information