Page 246 of 250 FirstFirst ... 146196236244245246247248 ... LastLast
Results 4,901 to 4,920 of 4981

Thread: The Civil NA Politics Thread

MR WRESTLEMANIA

Status
      Country                    England

Re: The Civil NA Politics Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Inogenius View Post
    Are the walk in clinics like the clinics at Boots?
    No they are proper NHS walk in centres.

no thoughts head empty

Status

Quote Originally Posted by Todd Chavez View Post
    Bloomberg's supporters are the people who aren't on twitter & IG & other online circles, the people who just see those facebook ads or TV ads. They don't know how much bullshit he's feeding them; they just see how he presents himself in a bubble so they think he's actually a worthwhile alternative.
    yeah more or less, i work as a part time waitress and the amount of older, generally wealthy male customers who just go "Y'know i really like that micheal bloomberg" or whatever is staggering. these people don't need to think about politics, and they sure as hell don't need to be informed, so they see his ad's on tv and just think Yep, He's The Guy. now i still don't think there's really a chance he gets the nomination (especially now with the recent debates where everyone just shitted on him and he looked beyond flustered) just because bernie really does get a lot of the younger, angrier people on the left excited to vote for him, but yeah bloomberg sucks.
    Last edited by Cameron; 02-25-2020 at 07:21 AM.

Zoom E | Szumi | Old Man

Status
      Country                    Poland

Quote Originally Posted by Inogenius View Post
    That's a good question, and I don't know if I can answer it as logically as you might want.

I suppose it comes down to Bernie wants to fundamentally reform the United States, and basically copy Sweden. I think Sweden is a great country - so I don't dislike the way they do things there.

I don't view the USA as going "that wrong." We nail 99% of things. We just need to make incremental improvements. I would rather make those small improvements to what we are already doing right, than try to change 200+ years of culture. My problem isn't with most of our policies - it's with inaction at a congressional level.

Perhaps the answer to your question is just fear of change?
    Without throwing any disrespect your way, this was the most middle of the road, politician like answer, that said absolutely nothing whatsoever, outside of throwing in a quick "fear of change, maybe" at the end

You must be a very privileged individual. Again, that's not an insult or disrespect. Privilege is not a bad thing. The only people who actually think privilege is an insult are the ones who are very privileged and too naive/arrogant to recognize that, because they want to believe they scratched and clawed and earned everything they ever achieved, like it has to be one or the other, when it can be both and/or somewhere. So again, don't take it as an insult when I say you must be a very privileged individual (I am too, truthfully), if you think that this country is nailing most of the things right. Our national debt continues to rise exponentially, the wealth gap's disparity is the worst it's ever been, millions are uninsured or can't afford health care, gun violence continues to be a huge worry, the current administration has rolled back so many human rights and climate change programs, and the country in this culture is becoming more toxic and hate-filled. That's pretty good for you to not be affected by seemingly any of this, but just because these things aren't really a problem for you, doesn't mean it's not a problem for millions of America and we should try to fix it.

Again, this isn't an attack on you or anyone. I'm just trying to understand the mind of someone who would vote for Donald Trump, especially over Bernie Sanders. One preaches about how much he does for everyone while continuously doing things to help himself and his rich friends, while the other is actually trying to help the lower and middle classes, the majority of Americans.

WCW 99: The Fingerpoke of Doom
    Now Playing in BTB Section!

Cardcaptor

Status

Everything will surely be alright.

Zoom E | Szumi | Old Man

Status

Right before Super Tuesday, Pete and Klouchar have dropped out of the race. It's blatantly obvious it's being done by the DNC to have them drop out in exchange for a VP spot or Cabinet positions to try and strengthen Biden's chances of winning. The DNC is just as corrupt as other GOP, for real. They will do whatever it takes to make sure Bernie doesn't win the nomination.

Status
      Country                    Jamaica

Do they choose a VP candidate during the primaries or do they do it only for the main election?

~
    ~ THE KING OF KINGS ~~
    Spoiler:

Zoom E | Szumi | Old Man

Status

Only once the nomination is locked in. But both are going to be appearing at a Biden rally tonight announcing their support for him moving forward, apparently. Not sure what they've been offered, but they've clearly been offered something to do this right before the biggest day of the primary process

The Only 2x WC HOF

Status
      Country                    Scotland

Is this likely to force Warren's hand to drop out too as I feel her supporters would jump straight to Bernie?

The 100 Greatest WCW Matches - Coming Soon

The 100 Greatest WWE Matches (1986 - 1995) - Coming Soon

The 100 Greatest WWE Matches (1996 - 2005) - Completed

Zoom E | Szumi | Old Man

Status

I'm not so sure, about either. Warren has gotten a big uptick in donations after she destroyed Bloomberg in the debate the other week. If she stays competitive in Super Tuesday and can at least be 3rd, she might ride it out longer.

There's some pretty real animosity between Warren and Bernie, as well as their supporters, so Bernie will have work to do to get get voters onto his side, despite the like progressive ideas

Status

Quote Originally Posted by Shock View Post
    Is this likely to force Warren's hand to drop out too as I feel her supporters would jump straight to Bernie?

I feel like I saw a poll that said most candidate's supporters had a 2nd preference for Bernie.

~
    ~ THE KING OF KINGS ~~
    Spoiler:

Status

Anyone else getting the strong vibe that the Democrat hierarchy is determined for the nom to be NOT BERNIE so they are gonna end up with Biden who will get rolled by Trump in a flat replay of 2016?
    EVERY ENDING IS A NEW BEGINNING.
    YOUR LUCKY NUMBER IS NONE.
    YOUR LUCKY COLOUR IS DEAD.
    Motto:
    LIKE FATHER, LIKE SON.

Zoom E | Szumi | Old Man

Status

Quote Originally Posted by Big Papa View Post
    Anyone else getting the strong vibe that the Democrat hierarchy is determined for the nom to be NOT BERNIE so they are gonna end up with Biden who will get rolled by Trump in a flat replay of 2016?
    Me, yesterday:

"Right before Super Tuesday, Pete and Klouchar have dropped out of the race. It's blatantly obvious it's being done by the DNC to have them drop out in exchange for a VP spot or Cabinet positions to try and strengthen Biden's chances of winning. The DNC is just as corrupt as other GOP, for real. They will do whatever it takes to make sure Bernie doesn't win the nomination."

Cardcaptor

Status

Not sure.

I just wish we could get someone who isn't a geriatric in office. But if you look at who runs, who gets far, and who gets elected? It's a rarity.

Almost every president has been an old white rich Christian dude.

All About That Ace

Status
      Country                    Canada

Quote Originally Posted by Big Papa View Post
    I think thats the general gist of whats going on, yeah. I really like Warren so it sucks that the political system in the U.S. is so broken it plays out like a stupid game where being a good candidate doesnt really matter and Warren is in that awkward position where as a progressive she has to decide whether to possibly aid in getting the more likely progressive candidate elected (Bernie) or try to double down in her campaign efforts in spite of the fact that she might be preventing the U.S. from ultimately getting a progressive candidate.

It sucks furthermore because of all the interference. Russian interference for Bernie. Bots igniting arguments between Sanders/Warren supporters and the actual supporters buying right into it and shitting on each other. People are stuck so far up their asses at times, its awful to see. Even among progressive supporters, people arent open minded and thats so unfortunate. Probably rich coming from me but people need to be a bit more open to talking less + hearing more instead of forcing their opinions down everyones throats. Theyre just alienating each other.
    Todd Chavez: I'm deeply sad and nothing can make me happy.

Also, eat the rich.

Cardcaptor

Status

Yeah, the American political circus is like that.

It needs an overhaul, but it won't happen. Much like it's infrastructure, America clings to generations past ways of doing things.

Again, for such a young country, it sure is stuck in the past incredibly so. How countries as ancient as Japan and South Korea can be monumentally ahead in so many ways, where the US looks like the old fogey.

Status

If Biden ends up winning Super Tuesday then RIP USA.

~
    ~ THE KING OF KINGS ~~
    Spoiler:

Cardcaptor

Status

I think he'll get third or fourth, tbh.

I don't see him doing better than Bernie or Bloomberg, at least.

WC Hall Of Famer

Status
      Country                    United States

There really needs to be a moderate party, which is where guys like Romney, Biden, Kasich... etc all belong.

Unfortunately the Republican party has swung far right -- a passionate right. Meanwhile Warren and Sanders are on the far left. Then there's the other 60% of America that the democrats are still forced to cover. It's resulted in this fragmentation of Sanders and the rest.

I do agree that the DNC is definitely backing Biden. I would've loved to see Biden drop out and Buttigieg gain his endorsement, but Mayor Pete is far too new school to get their backing.

I'm your Huckleberry

Status
      Country                    United States

Bernie Sanders has no chance whatsoever of appealing to moderate leaning Republicans.

Joe Biden did.....but ruined it today by announcing he would put Beto O'Rourke in charge of 'gun control' if he is elected.

After Virginia swung to the Democrats and they started implementing radical gun control policies we are due for a rapid rebound and a lot of people turning out to the polls to correct that in November. With Biden being that radical on gun control by placing someone who supported 'forcibly removing "assault weapons" (which are really just semi-automatic rifles and not assault weapons at all)' Biden has sealed the Democrats fate in 2020.

Red Wave. Mark my words.

Buddy if you try to take my rights you're in for one hell of a fight
    When it comes to my Constitution I'm a true believer
    Come to my house I'll tell you right now, I'll give you my gun
    When you pry it from my cold dead hand, start with my middle finger

Cardcaptor

Status

Quote Originally Posted by Dakstang View Post
    Bernie Sanders has no chance whatsoever of appealing to moderate leaning Republicans.

Joe Biden did.....but ruined it today by announcing he would put Beto O'Rourke in charge of 'gun control' if he is elected.

After Virginia swung to the Democrats and they started implementing radical gun control policies we are due for a rapid rebound and a lot of people turning out to the polls to correct that in November. With Biden being that radical on gun control by placing someone who supported 'forcibly removing "assault weapons" (which are really just semi-automatic rifles and not assault weapons at all)' Biden has sealed the Democrats fate in 2020.

Red Wave. Mark my words.
    Why would one side want to appeal to the other? Do you think republicans are trying to do that?

The gun policies aren't radical, they are considered normal in the rest of the world. America is the radical one, stuck in the 1700s and wild west.

It's scary to me that there are this many people who care more about owning a gun than:

Healthcare
    Education
    Economy
    Infrastructure
    Safety
    Environment
    Scientific Breakthroughs

Trust me, just because Jim Bob at the range can't shoot at bud light cans, doesn't mean the world is ending.

Page 246 of 250 FirstFirst ... 146196236244245246247248 ... LastLast

Thread Information