Page 220 of 230 FirstFirst ... 120170210218219220221222 ... LastLast
Results 4,381 to 4,400 of 4584

Thread: The Civil NA Politics Thread

  1. #4381
    The Only 2x WC HOF
    Shock's Avatar

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    United Kingdom
    Posts
    21,819
    Rep Power
    1701085

    Re: The Civil NA Politics Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Silk View Post
    If you held a gun to my head after one debate, I'd want Harris to have the nomination. I think she, Booker, and Warren are looking the strongest right now, with Biden's stock bound to eventually drop and Bernie stuck in 2016. Buttigieg also looks like a sensational Veep candidate, but I'm really not sure he can build the momentum to actually run for the big nom.
    I haven't watched all the debate, just highlights.

    I think Biden would get crushed by Trump in an election. The shine of the Obama presidency is gone and Biden is basically a clone of that but with a 100th of the charm and charisma of Obama.

    Warren impressed me again from what I saw. Just very cool, informed, to the point. She also doesn't seem to want to rely on "my opposition is terrible, vote for me". Instead it's "I'm going to be a good president, vote for me".

    No idea what to make of Bernie at this point.

    Sent from my Moto E (4) Plus using Tapatalk





    30 Days of WC Member's Choice - Coming Soon - PM me match suggestions

    Shock Reviews Archive

    The 100 Greatest WWE Matches (1986 - 1995) - Coming Soon



    The 100 Greatest WWE Matches (1996 - 2005) - Completed



  2. #4382
    Hail To The King
    OMB's Avatar

    Status
    Online
    Join Date
    May 2017
    Location
    Buffalo
    Posts
    6,019
    Rep Power
    777585
      Country                    United States

    Re: The Civil NA Politics Thread

    I think it be tough for anyone besides Bernie & Biden too beat Trump.


    Trump biggest things he had going for him was Hillary hatered and the fact he was so different. I think if Bernie won dem nom we are with him as prez.

    I think Biden is frontrunner rn


    Spoiler:


    CWA World Heavyweight Champion
    Brayden Bridges




  3. #4383
    Tag Team Specialist
    White Rhyno's Avatar

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    The burbs of B-more
    Posts
    1,066
    Rep Power
    213388
      Country                    us=United States

    Re: The Civil NA Politics Thread

    I think its way too early for the left to know who will emerge. Right now, its just a cluster of voices all basically saying the same thing. Warren is trying to break through the din with more concrete talking points, but I don't think America will buy into a lot of her policies.

    For the left to win, they need a moderate canidate that can draw independents and dissatisfied Republicans that hate what the GOP is now. Someone that wants to make the government exponentially bigger by paying off all student loan debt or wants to lower the voting age to 18 and open borders totally is not going to draw a lot of those voters. For the Dems to win, however, they NEED those voters.


  4. #4384
    Tag Team Specialist
    White Rhyno's Avatar

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    The burbs of B-more
    Posts
    1,066
    Rep Power
    213388
      Country                    us=United States

    Re: The Civil NA Politics Thread

    Trump approval rating jumps to highest level of his presidency in Washington Post/ABC News poll



    https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/politics/elections/2019/07/07/trump-approval-rating-hits-new-high/1668458001/?fbclid=IwAR2lfjPWmrQGv0He3Mw0x0l_svqmZKhXSkCXZWch0Tn8RFCQ662-fiflKTA



    For all his faults (and their are many), the economy has swung up and a lot of fringe voters are happy with that. This isn't to get anyone stirred up because the opinion of Trump on this forum from most members is negative, but when people ask "How did he get reelected?" (If that happens) this may very well be the reason. The economy is currently America's number one issue and Trump is getting credit in most circles for it. Whether this holds up or not remains to be seen, but it is a huge issue in the upcoming election.


  5. #4385
    Cardcaptor
    Sakura's Avatar

    Status
    Online
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    The Northwoods
    Posts
    7,298
    Rep Power
    573682
      Country                    United States

    Re: The Civil NA Politics Thread

    The fact there are 53 million Americans stupid enough to vote for the guy, and that he still has any support at all and hasn't been removed is a testament to this countries ineptitude, really.

    It's shocking, because the USA is basically a George Orwell book.

    However, before I get any hate from those who are more pro-Trump and right wing here...

    Trust me, I feel pretty apathetic about the democrat selection and the left in recent years, as well. I mean, there's a laundry list of things I disliked about Clinton and Obama.
    Everything will surely be alright.



  6. #4386
    The Only 2x WC HOF
    Shock's Avatar

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    United Kingdom
    Posts
    21,819
    Rep Power
    1701085

    Re: The Civil NA Politics Thread

    I think the thing that bodes well for Trump is that I don't get the impression that people who voted for him before are now desperate to get him out.

    The democrats have to win the next election, not trust Trump to lose because I don't feel like he's going to have lost that many voters.

    The midterms were about what you'd expect for a sitting president and a motivated democrat vote.

    Sent from my Moto E (4) Plus using Tapatalk





    30 Days of WC Member's Choice - Coming Soon - PM me match suggestions

    Shock Reviews Archive

    The 100 Greatest WWE Matches (1986 - 1995) - Coming Soon



    The 100 Greatest WWE Matches (1996 - 2005) - Completed



  7. #4387
    People's Champion
    indyfan's Avatar

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Posts
    7,048
    Rep Power
    357619

    Re: The Civil NA Politics Thread

    WOW

    Trump told Omar and Tlaib to go back to their countries on twitter.
    ROH!!!ROH!!!ROH!!!

  8. #4388
    Cardcaptor
    Sakura's Avatar

    Status
    Online
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    The Northwoods
    Posts
    7,298
    Rep Power
    573682
      Country                    United States

    Re: The Civil NA Politics Thread

    Are we really surprised by any thing like that at this point?

    Also, I never thought I'd say this but.............

    Seriously, just how many sex offender friends does the POTUS have? A man who has a history of predatory actions and comments, who has numerous sexual misconduct accusations against him....Just also happens to have a lot of sex offenders in his inner circle.
    Everything will surely be alright.



  9. #4389
    The Only 2x WC HOF
    Shock's Avatar

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    United Kingdom
    Posts
    21,819
    Rep Power
    1701085

    Re: The Civil NA Politics Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by indyfan View Post
    WOW

    Trump told Omar and Tlaib to go back to their countries on twitter.
    To be fair Trump has a point. Where these people are from, they lock children in cages, people don't have basic health care, and their leader is a sexual predator. They should try and fix their country.

    Sent from my Moto E (4) Plus using Tapatalk





    30 Days of WC Member's Choice - Coming Soon - PM me match suggestions

    Shock Reviews Archive

    The 100 Greatest WWE Matches (1986 - 1995) - Coming Soon



    The 100 Greatest WWE Matches (1996 - 2005) - Completed



  10. #4390
    People's Champion
    indyfan's Avatar

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Posts
    7,048
    Rep Power
    357619

    Re: The Civil NA Politics Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Shock View Post
    To be fair Trump has a point. Where these people are from, they lock children in cages, people don't have basic health care, and their leader is a sexual predator. They should try and fix their country.

    Sent from my Moto E (4) Plus using Tapatalk
    I love the fact that.....


    They are all born in the USA except 1.
    Last edited by indyfan; 07-15-2019 at 07:43 AM.
    ROH!!!ROH!!!ROH!!!

  11. #4391
    Cardcaptor
    Sakura's Avatar

    Status
    Online
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    The Northwoods
    Posts
    7,298
    Rep Power
    573682
      Country                    United States

    Re: The Civil NA Politics Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by indyfan View Post
    I love the fact that.....


    They are all born in the USA except 1.
    And those people born in the USA...

    Where these people are from, they lock children in cages, people don't have basic health care, and their leader is a sexual predator. They should try and fix their country.
    Everything will surely be alright.



  12. #4392
    People's Champion
    indyfan's Avatar

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Posts
    7,048
    Rep Power
    357619

    Re: The Civil NA Politics Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Sakura View Post
    And those people born in the USA...

    [/I][/COLOR]

    Lets all hope this is enough to push him out of office in 2020

    Worse case hes out in 2024
    ROH!!!ROH!!!ROH!!!

  13. #4393
    Cardcaptor
    Sakura's Avatar

    Status
    Online
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    The Northwoods
    Posts
    7,298
    Rep Power
    573682
      Country                    United States

    Re: The Civil NA Politics Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by indyfan View Post
    Lets all hope this is enough to push him out of office in 2020

    Worse case hes out in 2024
    The fact he was elected, and is still there alone is a testament to the ignorance of the masses in the USA, though.

    Meaning ruling him out for a second term is sadly not too unlikely, as ghastly as that is.
    Everything will surely be alright.



  14. #4394
    No One
    Jon Snow's Avatar

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Westeros
    Posts
    13,384
    Rep Power
    800790
      Country                    Canada

    Re: The Civil NA Politics Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Sakura View Post
    The fact he was elected, and is still there alone is a testament to the ignorance of the masses in the USA, though.

    Meaning ruling him out for a second term is sadly not too unlikely, as ghastly as that is.
    Idk if its ignorance. I think a lot of people want what they have (and by have, I mean Trump). They know who he is and they like him.

  15. #4395
    Cardcaptor
    Sakura's Avatar

    Status
    Online
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    The Northwoods
    Posts
    7,298
    Rep Power
    573682
      Country                    United States

    Re: The Civil NA Politics Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Jon Snow View Post
    Idk if its ignorance. I think a lot of people want what they have (and by have, I mean Trump). They know who he is and they like him.
    Many do, yes. But a lot of these people are being taken for fools. The working class benefits nothing from him, and these farmers and ranchers and the like are being gutted by him.

    Also, massive lols at this:

    "A bunch of communists. They hate Israel. They hate our country..they're socialists. They're ant-Semitic."

    Actual quote by Graham about the female congresswomen Trump told to GTFO the country.

    He literally just threw together a bunch of trigger words to try and use red scare tactics and rattle the nationalist echo chamber all in one, lazily.

    Because how else do you easily try to rile up the masses? "They hate America! They are Commies!"
    Everything will surely be alright.



  16. #4396
    Striving for a B+ in life
    The Golden One's Avatar

    Status
    Online
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Location
    Orlando, Florida
    Posts
    7,821
    Rep Power
    535125
      Country                    United States

    Re: The Civil NA Politics Thread

    I think one of the wildest aspects of this ranting is the "love it or leave it" doctrine. It has been ongoing within right-wingers for a while, but Trump using it officially sectioned it off for his base and gave it more legs.

    It makes U.S. citizenship/residency sound like a religious cult. People are allowed to have different mentalities about patriotism and nationalism, obviously. That's what the First Amendment is meant for. But it's just weird and gross and, again, makes being American sound like a cult.


    "The Golden One" Devin Golden

    3x FWA World Heavyweight Champion
    2x FWA X Champion
    4x FWA Tag Team Champion
    Final record: 94-58-10


    Shannon O'Neal
    2x FWA Women's Champion
    1x FWA World Champion


  17. #4397
    Cardcaptor
    Sakura's Avatar

    Status
    Online
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    The Northwoods
    Posts
    7,298
    Rep Power
    573682
      Country                    United States

    Re: The Civil NA Politics Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by The Golden One View Post
    I think one of the wildest aspects of this ranting is the "love it or leave it" doctrine. It has been ongoing within right-wingers for a while, but Trump using it officially sectioned it off for his base and gave it more legs.

    It makes U.S. citizenship/residency sound like a religious cult. People are allowed to have different mentalities about patriotism and nationalism, obviously. That's what the First Amendment is meant for. But it's just weird and gross and, again, makes being American sound like a cult.
    I mean, at this point the GOP is basically a religious cult, anyway.
    Everything will surely be alright.



  18. #4398
    HOSS MOD
    Cyrus Truth's Avatar

    Status
    Online
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Long and Winding Road
    Posts
    20,491
    Rep Power
    134199

    Re: The Civil NA Politics Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by indyfan View Post
    Lets all hope this is enough to push him out of office in 2020

    Worse case hes out in 2024
    Yeah. Sure. If you say so.

  19. #4399
    Cardcaptor
    Sakura's Avatar

    Status
    Online
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    The Northwoods
    Posts
    7,298
    Rep Power
    573682
      Country                    United States

    Re: The Civil NA Politics Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Cyrus Truth View Post
    Yeah. Sure. If you say so.
    Well, yes that would be the worst case scenario. He cannot stay any longer than that, silly.
    Everything will surely be alright.



  20. #4400
    People's Champion
    indyfan's Avatar

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Posts
    7,048
    Rep Power
    357619

    Re: The Civil NA Politics Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Sakura View Post
    Well, yes that would be the worst case scenario. He cannot stay any longer than that, silly.
    Yeah im confused by this response as well
    ROH!!!ROH!!!ROH!!!

Page 220 of 230 FirstFirst ... 120170210218219220221222 ... LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 3 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 3 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •