Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 8910

Thread: WWE Mixed Mixed Match Challenge Discussion

Fearless University

Status
      Country                    New Zealand

Re: WWE Mixed Mixed Match Challenge Discussion

Its pretty much just about the chemistry between the pairings. Some of them work really well together.

WAKE UP

Status

Quote Originally Posted by Ed View Post
    Well they aren't marketed as intergender matches so there's no expectation to see men vs women. Intergender wrestling sucks anyway and doesn't do good business in 2018.
    Hellllllll no. It may not do "good business" for a promotion terrified of doing anything edgey that might hurt it's perception with sponsers and the mainstream, but intergender wrestler is infinitely more exciting and more interesting than matches where partners have to switch out whenever their opponent tags. If anything, it's the opposite of gender equality.

Who wouldn't want to see Asuka try to chop down Braun, or sleazebag Kevin Owens trying to bully women before getting his ass kicked?

Relentless Admin

Status
      Country                    England

Quote Originally Posted by King Steventon View Post
    Hellllllll no. It may not do "good business" for a promotion terrified of doing anything edgey that might hurt it's perception with sponsers and the mainstream, but intergender wrestler is infinitely more exciting and more interesting than matches where partners have to switch out whenever their opponent tags. If anything, it's the opposite of gender equality.
    It doesn't do any good for any promotion regardless of sponsorship. Beyond Wrestling ran an entire card of intergender matches at wrestlemania weekend and it was one of the most poorly attended events of the weekend, and THE worst in terms of in-ring quality. The jump the shark moment in Lucha Underground that I think was the moment a lot of people gave up on the show was when Sexy Star won the title and everyone could see it was just a forced yay women are as tough as men PR stunt. OTT wrestling are having a great year growing their promotion, but they've cooled right off their gender neutral championship. wXw do way less intergender than they used too, PWG I don't think even bother since Candice has left. Tastes have changed and demand for womens wrestling has increased which has lead bookers to get more than one woman onto their card. That's progressive in my book.

Who wouldn't want to see Asuka try to chop down Braun, or sleazebag Kevin Owens trying to bully women before getting his ass kicked?
    I wouldn't, in terms of an actual match that sounds bad and a booking nightmare about who goes over. I'd rather see WWE present me a serious sports like product where women's wrestling is treated with the same respect mens wrestling is and you've got two divisions to be proud of and that can draw. More UFC/Tennis like, less MCU superhero fantasy stuff. .And WWE would be the worst company in the world to try it because the women would always win to fit their narrative.

Nothing about a man beating up on a woman regularly for heat sounds entertaining to me, and 9 times out of 10 it feels like the man would have to play the heel because of size and strength difference which would get old and problematic fast, but wrestling is an art form so I can understand why something different might appeal to some people.

WAKE UP

Status

Let me clarify a bit better - I don't think regular inter-gender wrestling would be good, at all. But it would serve a better "special attraction" than the MMC.

Relentless Admin

Status

It's been announced that the winners of this will be #30 in both rumbles in 2019.

Hail To The King

Status
      Country                    United States

Im actually all for intergender wrestling when done right. Like you cant have Braun Strowman vs. Alexa Bliss but if you had someone like Cross vs. Tommaso i be ok with

Spoiler:

CWA World Heavyweight Champion
    Brayden Bridges

Relentless Admin

Status

I do wish they'd iron out the inconsistencies in the rules because the women can attack the men, but not the other way around, and yet the referee does nothing about the obvious rule break from the girls.

I have to say the Smackdown side of things has just turned into the dance weekly competition. I'm digging it though, it's the first time comedy AJ Styles has been seen since the 2016 Ellsworth stuff.

Cardcaptor

Status
      Country                    United States

Oh, look. Asuka taps out again. Remember when she was feared and unstoppable, not a comedy character and buried?

Everything will surely be alright.

Relentless Admin

Status

Well given the finals will be at TLC (yes another match) Carmella and Truth will have to win tonight with Asuka in the TLC match. Pretty sure Jinder and Alicia will win but they have an out to put Bayley in the final now Finn isn’t her partner.

It’s not been as good this season, but Carmella and Truth would be worthy winners to put over their chemistry together and having an act that’s over.

[Knockin' on Heaven's Door]

Status

So just to be clear, we're gonna have as number 30 in each rumble a choice between R-Truth and Jinder Mahal for the men's, and then Carmella and Alicia Fox for the women's?

Unique choices, I'll give them that.

Sent from my E5823 using Tapatalk

Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 8910

Thread Information