Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 78910 LastLast

Thread: WWE United Kingdom Brand

Heel Champion

Status

Re: WWE United Kingdom Brand

Quote Originally Posted by Keefmoon View Post
    Still reading, still enjoying. Loved the twist of Nigel being brought in to keep an eye, and kind of wish you'd dragged that out for a few more weeks before the decision of the assistant was made. Still, will be really interesting to see where you go with that. Very fun idea for a angle though and I'm enjoying this particular bit way more than I thought I would. Aichner is a great character, too.

Bit disappointed Banks is such an afterthought after winning the belt, though. Feels like he should have at leats gotten a proper promo in front of the fans or a showcase match or something to make him seem like a big deal. Right now Aichner feels like the biggest star, and Banks isn't really close.

Aside from those small couple of things, this is still one of the best threads on here. Really liking the addition of the KotR tournament (after the knockout championship series thing before Showcase I'm really loving the way you have athletic competitions for your wrestlers instead of big silly angles all the time. All in all, good fun stuff as we start on the path to Showcase IV!
    Cheers for the feedback Keef mate. I'm glad to hear that you are still enjoying my work dude. I will admit that Nigel's arrival was something that probably had a little more legs to it. But not to give away much it won't be the last you see of him, not for a long shot! The executive coming in however will be a cool addition to the characters I feel, as I personally feel who I've chosen will have a fascinating dynamic with Katarina and the roster for a whole! Plus the GM turmoil I know is overdone IRL but with my brand, it's one thing that has I feel developed slowly and organically with seeds being planted overtime with the likes of Ripley and Aicher especially if that makes sense.

I'm glad you are enjoying Aichner still as honestly, I've got some fantastic plans for him going forward. Ah now, I can totally see where you are coming from with Banks and I got to admit part of that was a slight on my part with the first episode post showcase. As I felt IRL after the beating from Aichner he may need some recovery time, but it has taken the spotlight off of him a tad I will admit. But I promise as the weeks go by, he will be back to being a focal point of my show and IMO the true back bone of the roster. Pleased to hear you are enjoying the tournament work as truthfully I'm a lifelong MMA/Boxing fan and also I have a real fondness for Japanese Wrestling. So I've always come to appreciate a real sport like take to my wrestling. Like don't get me wrong, there is room for gimmicks and fun as it's a variety act. But same time I feel that the sport aspect like the tournament adds a little bit of credibility to my competitors if that makes sense. I want to say thank you again though man for the constant feedback Keef. I really appreciate it mate!

Heel Champion

Status

WWE United Kingdom Brand ~ Episode 049 ~ Resistance is Futile
    Cwmbran, Wales
    6/11/18

Dusted by Astroid Boys begins to play as this latest edition of the WWE United Kingdom Brand opens up from Cwmbran, Wales. Starting things out is a video package highlighting the latest events in the UK Brand leading up to this week's show. Kicking things off was the confrontation between Kasey Owens, Charli Morgan and Jinny which would lead to Owens and Morgan uniting to battle the House of Couture. From here we see how Trent Seven became the next man to advance in the King of the Ring tournament before the video ends with Nigel's blockbuster announcement that a management representative will be joining the brand. With that this week's show kicks off and Doug Williams and John Gooden hype things up before sending us to the ring for our opening contest.

Match One: The Coffey Brothers vs Kip Sabian and Dan Moloney

Kicking off the show would be a non title tag team match as the Coffey Brothers did battle against the rather young tag team of Kip Sabian and Dan Moloney. Very much living up to their resume of fighting champions we'd learn that the Coffey Brothers in a meeting with Nigel McGuinness basically issued an open door policy for opponent. Midway through this contest, Marcel Barthel would join both Doug Williams and John Gooden at commentary to give his assessment on the champions. Again Barthel expressed a slight bit of respect for the Coffey's as he said that they may always be the toughest guys at the bar but they are not pro wrestlers. Meanwhile in the ring, the Coffey's would have an easy time with their opponents as it was a Black Coffey lariat by Joe which put Sabian down for the victory.

Shepherd: And the winners of the match The Coffey Brothers!

The crowd cheers as the announcement is made and both Mark and Joe Coffey stand tall in the ring. As the brothers get their arms raised, the cameras take us to the commentary table where an unimpressed Barthel just glares at the champions.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Footage filmed from earlier on in the day is then on display as we see Charli Morgan and Kasey Owens make their arrival to the building. As they make it to the entrance however, they are joined by Toni Storm. The three women are quick to address not only what happened to Charli and Kasey last week but also Toni's match with Jinny at the UK Showcase. From here they agree that where they have gone wrong, is continuing to try and fight against the numbers game rather than working together. With that Toni announces that she had a meeting with Katarina earlier and was told if she could find too partners she could take on the House of Couture tonight. Showing absolutely no hesitation, both Charli and Kasey agree to work with her against the House of Couture.

With that we go to the general manager's office where Nigel McGuinness is in the process of packing up his things. He is soon joined by Katarina Leigh however who looks to get word with him before he leaves. Asking if there is anything Nigel can do to bring a halt to this, Katarina is dismayed as Nigel says the decision to bring in the executive is already done and he will be here from next week! When asked who it is that is coming, Nigel shakes his head in disappointment as he reveals that he is not at liberty to say just who it is. Grasping at straws, Katarina looking for anything asks what the person is like at least and this is most telling as Nigel through gritted teeth admits that it's not the choice he'd have personally made before he simply tells Katarina to be careful. With that Nigel leaves the room as a horrified Katarina wonders just what he means.

Match Two: Aussie Open and Shane Thorne vs Justin Sysum, CJ Banks and Mike Bird

Trios' action would be the next contest of the night as Aussie Open and Shane Thorne united to battle Justin Sysum, CJ Banks and Mike Bird. Looking to establish that they are still on the same page, the Aussie Open group had a lot to prove. Yet despite their prior troubles, it seemed that Shane Thorne and his team had put any friction aside. Near the conclusion of the match, Mark Davis was on fire. Hearing cheers from the crowd for the first time since his arrival to the brand, Davis thrived as he threw all three of his opponents around the ring. Near the conclusion of the match, an equally enlivened Kyle Fletcher took out both Sysum and Bird with a big dive to the floor while Davis destroyed Banks with a pounce. Yet before Davis could do anymore, Shane Thorne who hadn't yet entered the match tagged himself in since the start and hooked Banks in a pinning position for the victory.

Shepherd:And the winners of the match Shane Thorne and Aussie Open!

The crowd response is mixed as the announcement is made and Shane Thorne obnoxiously begins to celebrate 'his' win by jumping up and down while screaming out loud. Meanwhile Mark Davis cannot help but express his disgust at Thorne's behavior before he storms to the back while Kyle Fletcher looks on confused.

As the cameras fade away from ringside, a pre-taped interview is then played as Joanna Rose sits down across from Kay Lee Ray. After hyping up Kay Lee Ray and her daredevil antics while also calling her a tremendous addition to both the UK Brand and its women's division. Joanna Rose looks to get word with Kay Lee about not only what can we expect from her but also what her thoughts on the division are. Confidently if not a little too much so, Kay Lee responds that unlike many of the women in the UK Brand, she is here simply for herself and her best interests. Stating that her goal is to be the best women's wrestler in the world and that in order to do so she has to be in possession of that title. Kay Lee promises that there isn't anything she won't do to get there and there is not anyone who is going to stop her!

It is then we are taken to the corridor of the building where "The Present" William Eaver is standing by with his believers Charlie Sterling and Xia Brookside. As Eaver speaks proudly of the work his two charges have accomplished so far, we notice that both Charlie and Xia have continued to transform under his guise both sporting altered looks from their old days. Sterling looks to be growing his hair out along with a beard while he is dressed in a sharp suit and glasses. Xia meanwhile is sporting a darker look than she used to with her hair now a dark green and her attire also black mixed with dark green. Eaver meanwhile continues talking as he announces that Xia will soon have a rematch with Millie McKenzie before he tells Charlie that he is aware of Bodom's remarks and he wants Charlie to simply focus on his spot in the King of the Ring and nothing more. They will deal with Bodom later!

Match Three: The House of Couture w/Chakara vs Toni Storm, Charli Morgan and Kasey Owens

Our second six person tag match of the night and third consecutive tag match of the night would then take place as the House of Couture battled Toni Storm, Charli Morgan and Kasey Owens. Yet despite her being announced as in the match, Jinny would elect if not order that her 'intern' Chakara take her place. This being a heated grudge on part of the face team, saw this contest act as more a brawl than a match as Morgan and Owens took their beef with the Female Fight Factory out into the crowd leaving Chakara in the ring with Toni Storm. Despite her talents, Chakara appeared to be out matched by Storm and it would only be distractions by Jinny which allowed her little openings. Near the end of the match however, Toni Storm looked to have things wrapped up as she threw Chakara into Jinny knocking her off the apron while Kasey Owens attacked Laura Di Matteo in the crowd. At ringside, Charli Morgan would be on the offensive against Killer Kelly when a member of the audience hopped the rail. This distraction allowed Kelly to blindside Charli before she hopped in the ring. Unaware of this going on, Storm readied Chakara for the Storm Zero only to be blasted with a superkick by Kelly. A groggy Chakara would then drop down onto Toni for the cover to take the victory.

Shepherd: And the winners of the match, The House of Couture!

The boos from the crowd are at their peak as the announcement is made and Killer Kelly gets her arm raised in the ring. In the stands, Laura Di Matteo with the help from the 'fan' was able to lay out Kasey before hopping the rail and making their way to the ring. Once in the ring this fan was revealed to be Women's title tournament competitor April Davids as Jinny makes her way into the ring. With a smug smirk on her face Jinny snaps her fingers while Kelly drags Chakara to her feet, with that the House of Couture all stand tall in the ring over the fallen Toni Storm.

A replay from last week's interview with Rhea Ripley is played, before we then are played an interview between Joanna Rose and the UK Women's Champion Tegan Nox. Unlike her usual respectful, upbeat self this interview shows a more serious side to Tegan as Joanna asks her specifically about the situation with Rhea Ripley. Nox is quick to comment that she never wants to win a match the way she did at the UK Showcase, at the same time the match wouldn't have been restarted the way it was had Rhea Ripley not been a cheating little bitch. Stating that she has done all she can to build the credibility of this title, Tegan closes out the interview by promising that she will not let Rhea Ripley come that close to her championship again.

A second replay is then played this time highlighting the in ring debut of "Chief Deputy" Damian Dunne. Once the footage comes to an end, we are taken to the locker room where the Chief Deputy of the No Fun Zone is standing by. With a chip on his shoulder, Damian calls last week just a mere indication of what happens to those who violate the laws of the no fun zone, from here Dunne turns his attentions to the king of the ring itself and he states that his inclusion in it further aids his crusade to clean up the UK Brand. With him promising to not only win the tournament but also then on be known as the King of the No Fun Zone!

Match Four: Apollo Crews vs Josh Bodom vs Pete Dunne ~ King of the Ring ~ Round 1

Match Four of the evening would be the next contest of the King of the Ring Tournament. A true styles clash this match would feature from UK Champion Pete Dunne, Monday Night Raw's resident hybrid athlete Apollo Crews and rising upstart Josh Bodom. A non stop action contest, this match was hands down the best match featured so far in the King of the Ring as all three men would land all their high spots while also be the recipient of many of each others. Highly impressive in this match would be Josh Bodom who despite lacking the name value and experience of his foes, showed little intimidation. Yet his exuberance would back fire near the end of the match as Bodom looked for a big suicide dive on Pete Dunne who was able to counter it in mid air and throw Bodom into the guard rail for a sickening landing. From here the match would be down to just Dunne and Crews with the two men battling it out. With the crowd solidly behind him, Apollo Crews looked to have the contest in the bag when Dunne narrowly avoided an enzugiri attempt leading to Crews crashing on the canvas and allowing Pete to hit the Bitter End for the victory.

Shepherd: And the winner of the match Pete Dunne!

The crowd boos as the announcement is made and Pete Dunne gets his arm raised in the air. While Pete Dunne stands tall in victory, we see a gutted Josh Bodom pulling himself to his feet outside the ring. Unable to hide his disappointment, Bodom walks backstage while Dunne's celebration continues.

Returning backstage the cameras then take us to the private locker room of Jinny. With the house of couture standing by her, Jinny wastes no time in introducing the newest member and the woman who was in fact the mentor of the Female Fight Factory, "The Lancashire Terrier" April Davids! Having been revealed as the leader of the Female Fight Factory, April admits that there might be some confusion as to why they would align themselves with someone like Jinny. Saying above all else they are professionals who like to get paid for what they do best, April states that it is someone like Jinny who is able to bring them the most revenue. That is why they have joined the House of Couture. With that Jinny takes over the promo as she states that last week and earlier tonight was only just the beginning as the House of Couture will dominate the UK Brand!

Main Event: Fabian Aichner vs Wolfgang

Finally it was time for the main event of the evening and it was of course the in ring debut of Fabian Aichner. His opponent ironically was the man he was supposed to debut against at the UK Showcase Wolfgang. This match was a hard hitting battle with Wolfgang for his part looking quite impressive in the early going as he took the fight to Aichner. Unfortunately for Wolfgang though, Aichner soon proved why he is called the next level as not only did he persevere but he also mounted a comeback following a sickeningly forceful dropkick to Wolfgang catching the regulator as he ran off the ropes. From here the match was very much all Aichner before he finished things off once and for all with a spinning sit out powerbomb.

Shepherd: And the winner of the match Fabian Aichner!

The crowd boos as the announcement is made and Fabian Aichner climbs to his feet in the ring. The referee slowly goes to raise his arm in the air but Aichner shoves him down to the canvas before he pounces on Wolfgang. Battering him with punches and elbows to the top of the head, Aichner clearly is not content with the victory when Travis Banks hits the ring! The fired up Champion attacks Aichner and catches him with a few punches until Aichner fires back. Yet as Aichner begins to get ahead, Banks shows he isn't afraid to get dirty when the occasion calls for it as he low blows Aichner. With Aichner doubled over Banks springs off the turnbuckle and drills him with the Slice of Heaven to the jaw sending Aichner falling to the ropes and out to the floor.

As a livid Aichner starts to get to his feet Banks goes for a suicide dive but Aichner catches him by the throat in mid air. Landing on his feet Banks tries to fight the grasp only for Fabian to easily throw him with a choke toss back first into the ring post. Security rushes onto the scene before Banks can get to his feet. Just then a livid Katarina storms out from out the back and onto the stage with a microphone in hand. Before the crowd in attendance, Katarina then states that this is not what she wanted and that she made it clear to Travis he was to stay away from Aichner. Yet with that in mind, it is clear that she was naïve to think this wouldn't happen. So if these two want to continue to fight they will do it next week in the main event! Travis Banks vs Fabian Aichner! The crowd in attendance erupts into cheers as the announcement is made while the show comes to a close.

(c)WorldWrestlingEntertainment

Hail To The King

Status
      Country                    United States

another great show and another great main event I love how you are booking Fabian. KOTR off to hot start.

Spoiler:

CWA World Heavyweight Champion
    Brayden Bridges

THE HEARTBREAK KID

Status
      Country                    Portugal

Reading along buddy and figured I'd drop some thoughts on the show.

Good opening and pleased to see the Coffey Brothers pick up the win. Going to take some doing to knock these two off at the moment.

Toni Storm making an alliance with Charli & Kasey was a nice touch. House of Couture is cool name as well man.

Intrigued around who this executive is going be.. Doesn't sound positive.

Shane Thorne celebrating Haha! Nice touch and the friction with him and the Aussie Open continues.

Nice little segment with Kay Lee Ray. Excited for her involvement in the Women's Division.

House of Couture pick up the victory and their dominance continues. Right move for me. I do feel for Toni Storm though. She may very well need an alliance with Kay Lee Ray to change the balance.

Great start to the King of Ring tournament and my pick to win the tournament outright picks up the victory. Good! #BruiserweightKing #PeteDunne4King

Good ME and Aichner who's been nothing but impressive picks up a good victory. Match vs Travis Banks should be awesome.

"LET ME IN.."

Heel Champion

Status

WWE United Kingdom Brand ~ Episode 050 ~ Milestones
    Cardiff, Wales
    15/11/18

Dusted by Astroid Boys begins to play as this latest edition of the WWE United Kingdom Brand opens up from Cardiff, Wales. As per usual starting things out is a recap video detailing all of the goings on from the previous week's show. This starts out with the House of Couture and the debut of their newest member April Davids before the video turns it's attention towards the King of the Ring tournament and how Pete Dunne advanced to the next round. Finally the video would then culminate with the in ring debut of Fabian Aichner and his victory over Wolfgang as well as his post match brawl with Travis Banks. With that this week's show officially begins with Doug Williams and John Gooden promoting the show and tonight's main event before they send us to the ring where we will hear from our general manager.

As she stands in the ring to a respectful applause from the crowd in attendance, for the first time since she was named the GM of the UK Brand, there is a noted lack of confidence or uncertainty behind Katarina Leigh. Rather reluctantly and definitely unenthusiastically Katarina calls tonight a new era in the UK Brand's history as she has been informed that tonight is when the management executive will make his debut before the crowd in attendance. It is then that Katarina reveals she has been ordered to stand out here and be the one to introduce him to the world.

Yet before she does that Katarina takes a moment to speak from the heart and be candid about her role as the General Manager. Admitting that perhaps at times she let her emotions get the better of her and that there were things Katarina could have done better. The General Manager states that this job was her first attempt at being in charge in the business. Commenting that she has served under some great general managers while also suffered under some terrible ones, Which is why she felt this role would be one she could handle knowing that she had seen what to and what not to do.

Calling herself a general manager who only wanted to do what was best for the brand, it's wrestlers and it's fans. Katarina states that while at times there were decisions she made which may not have been the most popular, she knows in her heart that they were the right choice. This brings her to right now as she states that while this is something she personally doesn't want to do, she will not ever be a hypocrite and will instead do what is best for her brand. Stating that if management feels she needs someone to work with her, than it must be for the brand's best interest.

Katarina then calls for the consultant to come out to the ring now while the crowd voice their disapproval at Katarina's potential loss of power. However despite Katarina calling for them to come down to the ring, the executive doesn't respond to her introduction. Slowly Katarina begins to grow more annoyed with this no show as she tries once again calling for the person to come out here and face their audience. Yet once again Katarina is stood up, her anger growing at this disrespect Katarina tosses the microphone to the canvas and storms backstage.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Match One: Keith Lee vs Oney Lorcan vs Rhyno ~ King of the Ring ~ Round 1

The opening contest of the night would be our next installment of the King of the Ring tournament. With the first three matches seeing UK Brand members Pete Dunne, Trent Seven and Tyler Bate all advance, this would be the first contest in the tournament which guaranteed a non UK Brand member will move onto the next round. Unsurprisingly given the talent in this match, this was a hard hitting clash and a war of attrition. Despite being the lesser known man in the match Keith Lee soon had everyone eating out of the palm of his hand thanks to his freak athleticism. Near the end of the match, this would come into play as Oney Lorcan charged across the ring in preparation to nail Rhyno with a European Uppercut. Unfortunately for Oney, Keith met him in the center of the ring with a pounce which sent him flying across the ring and hitting the canvas hard before he fell to the floor. Charging out from the corner, Rhyno attempted a gore but Keith was able to leap frog over Rhyno at the last second. Turning round Rhino was then hoisted up onto Keith's Shoulders before being driven into the mat with the Spirit Breaker. Wasting no time Keith then made a cover to pick up the victory!

Shepherd: And the winner of the match Keith Lee!

The crowd cheers as the announcement is made and Keith Lee climbs to his feet in the ring. With the crowd cheering on, Keith Lee begins to celebrate before highlights of the contest are played.

Fading away from ringside, footage then plays from after last week's show which highlights a heated confrontation between
    Mark Davis and Shane Thorne. Pissed off with his actions, Mark Davis reminds Shane that they are doing things differently from here on out. Despite clearly offending Davis with his actions in their match, Shane is dismissive as he pats Mark on the back before he promises that tonight was just a case of bad habits. As Kyle Fletcher arrives on the scene, Shane grows bolder as he states that change and progression is good and that it's through this change they will finally be crowned champions. All Aussie Open has to do is follow his lead. With that Shane walks off down the hall while a bemused Mark Davis and confused Kyle Fletcher standby.

From here the cameras take us to the locker room area where
    Joanna Rose is standing by with Marcel Barthel. As she stands by with Marcel, Joanna brings up what many have been wondering which is when he will face the Coffey Brothers and does he have a partner to do so? Barthel is brimming with confidence as again he slanders the Coffey Brothers and their skills. From here Barthel moves on to talking about his partner. Revealing that he has gotten himself a partner with a similar style and ideology. Barthel closes out this interview with the promise that they will be coming for the Coffey brothers really soon.

Match Two: Millie McKenzie vs Xia Brookside w/Bill Eaver & Charlie Sterling

From here our next clash of the night would be women's action as Millie McKenzie battled Xia Brookside in a rematch. Flanked by both Bill Eaver and Charlie Sterling, Xia Brookside's evolution into her heel role continued as she continued to display her aggression and a rather sadistic streak. Unlike the past contest which was very much all McKenzie this one was very back and forth until the ending which saw Sterling and Eaver get involved as Sterling provided a distraction for the referee allowing Eaver to get into the ring. Brandishing a hard copy of his book in hand, yet his attempt to strike Millie backfired as McKenzie ducked his attack and then dropkick the hardcopy into his face. With Eaver dazed, Millie planted him with a german suplex yet before she could get to her feet, Xia Brookside blasted her with a shot with the book to the side of the head. Stunned from the blow, Millie was prone and an easy target for Xia to roll over and make a cover on while Eaver fell to the floor. Hopping off the apron, Sterling directed the referee to turn round where he would then make the count.

Shepherd: And the winner of the match Xia Brookside!

The crowd boos as the announcement is made and Xia Brookside gets to her feet in the ring. Xia is soon joined by Charlie Sterling who raises her arm in the air, after a few more seconds pass Bill Eaver slides into the ring before he is helped to his feet by his charges. With that Eaver raises both Sterling and Brookside's arm in the air.

Footage filmed from earlier on in the evening is then shown and it highlights
    April Davids in the middle of a training regimen. This would be until she was confronted by Toni Storm. The confrontation is tense between the two as Toni quickly reminds April of their match in the Women's title tournament. As April looks on, Toni questions her mercenary antics as she states that while she never liked April, the April she knew had her respect because you knew she was out for herself and nothing more. Davids again re-echoes her sentiments from last week saying that while being out for herself might have got her so far, it is with Jinny that she will go further. It is then that Davids states despite a change in attitude she is still the same woman in that ring, so that if she wants to face off in the ring, April will see her next year.

Match Three: Kay Lee Ray vs Valkyrie

Making her in ring debut in the next contest of the evening, Kay Lee Ray gave us a brief glimpse of her take no prisoners, make no friends attitude as she not only refused a hand shake from her opponent Valkyrie but then blasted her with a cheap shot to start the match. Showing herself to be a vicious competitor who had little trouble in bending the rules while also at points putting herself at risk to hurt her opponents. Kay Lee Ray earned high praise on commentary with John Gooden in particular comparing her to Sabu. After a couple of minutes Kay Lee Ray picked up the victory following a Gory Bomb.

Shepherd: And the winner of the match Kay Lee Ray!

The crowd reaction is notably mixed as the announcement is made and Kay Lee Ray climbs to her feet. After she gets her arm raised in victory, Kay Lee Ray doesn't pander to the audience as instead she immediately heads backstage while the referee checks on Valkyrie.

Standing by in the locker room ahead of his match in the main event is "The Kiwi Buzzsaw"
    Travis Banks. The United Kingdom Champion is especially fired up ahead of tonight's main event. Calling the UK Showcase a crowning moment for him as he put away Nick Aldis, Travis Banks speaks candidly as he turns his attention towards his opponent tonight Fabian Aichner. Branding Fabian Aichner nothing more than a coward who has specialised in blindsiding people rather than step in the ring and face someone like a man. Banks states that he cannot respect someone with such an attitude. Commenting that until now Aichner has gotten lucky to have avoided the fight, Banks closes the promo by promising to take the fight to him tonight.

Clearly seething after being stood up earlier in the evening,
    Katarina Leigh paces back and forth inside her office when the door swings open and in walks Trent Seven. Not in the mood for Seven and his rambling, Katarina simply orders him to leave. Yet Trent pays no attention to this as he tries to talk to Katarina about the King of the Ring tournament. Calling himself the future winner of the tournament, Trent tries to talk Katarina in scheduling a favorable seed for him in the next round. However this backfires as Katarina announces that Trent will be facing Tyler Bate in the next round of the tournament!

Match Four: Dakota Kai vs Chakara

Returning to the UK Brand after spending several week's touring with NXT, the ever popular Dakota Kai found herself in the ring with The House of Couture's intern Chakara. With Jinny watching on commentary, Kai and Chakara had an athletic sprint of a collision with Chakara looking quite impressive in the early going. This would be until Dakota Kai proved just why she was apart of Team Kick by blasting Chakara with a vicious corner yakuza kick. It wouldn't take long after this for Kai to finish the contest with the Kai-Ropractor on Chakara.

Shepherd: And the winner of the match Dakota Kai!

The crowd cheers as the announcement is made and Dakota Kai gets to her feet while a livid Jinny throws down her headset. Climbing onto the ring apron, Jinny draws the attention of Dakota Kai who waves for her to step in the ring. Yet this ruse allows for April Davids to blindside Kai from behind. As Jinny continues to bark orders from the apron, Davids pummels Kai with punches until Toni Storm rushes down to the ring. Sliding out of the ring April choses to fight another day as Toni checks on the downed Dakota Kai. Meanwhile Jinny begins to scold her intern Chakara.

With that the cameras take us back to the corridor of the building where a confrontation is taking place between
    Josh Bodom and Charlie Sterling. These former friends argue once again with Bodom demanding to know just what Bill Eaver did to Charlie Sterling. Stating that this isn't the Charlie he knows, Bodom simply comments that he wants his friend back. Yet again he is brushed off by Charlie Sterling who states that all Eaver has done is open his eyes and allow him to be who he really is. With that Sterling barges past Bodom and walks off down the hall.

After this we are shown footage filmed from earlier on in the day. This footage highlights the arrival of the UK Women's champion
    Tegan Nox to the building. Yet her arrival is soon cut short as she finds herself confronted by Rhea Ripley. With the noted bad blood between these two women, it is not a surprise that after a few back and forth words, a fight breaks out between Ripley and Nox. With punches flying and the two women taking a nasty fall down a small flight of stairs mid brawl, it is here that security and officials hit the scene in an effort to break things up.

Main Event: Travis Banks vs Fabian Aichner ~ Non Title

Finally it would be time for the main event of the evening and hands down this had to be one of the most anticipated bouts yet to take place as part of the UK Brand's history. From his pre match promo it was clear that Travis Banks was amped up and out for revenge against The Next Level. The early goings of this contest weren't so much a match as it was more a fight with both men carrying their aggression from the previous show. Being the more versed and technical striker, it didn't take long for Travis Banks to begin to take the lead in the contest.

The contest would progress and become a back and forth battle of attrition as Aichner despite his attitude and dismissive behavior to Travis Banks in the run up, had come to see he had a battle on his hands here. The crowd meanwhile were fully behind the champion as he continued to take it to the powerhouse Aichner and had him reeling after connecting with a trio of suicide dives outside of the ring. Yet while the contest would primarily serve in the champion's favor, we'd soon see a major turning point thanks to the freak athleticism of Fabian Aichner.

This very turning point happened when Travis Banks sprung off of the turnbuckle looking for the Slice of Heaven. Yet unfortunately in mid air Banks was met with a crushing dropkick by Fabian Aichner. This dropkick which has been a hallmark of all of Aichner's assaults and this was in particular vicious as Banks whiplashed off the canvas with a thud while replays focused on the back of Aichner's head hitting the canvas. From this point in the match Banks was a shell of his former self as he didn't wrestle with the same aggression and seemed to be highly compromised if not out on his feet.

Showing himself to be a ruthless predator Aichner after feeling out and seeing this weakness, pounced on Banks and began to dole out a brutal beating on the UK Champion. The crowd who at first booed this turning point, soon began to grow quietly as there was a discomfort at how nasty this was getting. Throwing Banks all across the ring with vicious suplexes and strikes. Fabian Aichner soon followed up with a brutal clothesline on Travis Banks but rather than go for a cover on his opponent, continued to beat him as Doug Williams and John Gooden noted his enjoyment of beatdown.

A powerbomb from Aichner soon followed before he made a cover, yet before the referee could make a count of three Fabian raised Banks' shoulder in the ear. Continuing his onslaught Aichner then hit a scoop powerslam on Banks before he made a confident cover. Smirking arrogantly as the referee began to make the count, Fabian clearly thought he had victory in the bag when Travis barely got a shoulder up after two. Surprise soon turned to rage as Aichner viciously began to beat down the champion. This included hitting a series of nasty powerbombs on Banks.

In what possibly was his last bit of fight Banks attempted to counter a powerbomb deadlift with a triangle choke yet he was soon punished with stomps to the head by Fabian. Lifeless Banks was down on the canvas as Aichner pummelled him with elbows to the side of the head bouncing him face first of the canvas, this would be until the referee called for the bell.

Shepherd: It is the referee's opinion that Travis Banks is in no fit state to continue, so the winner of the match was a result of a referee's stoppage Fabian Aichner!

There is a smattering of boos to the announcement while most of the crowd remain silent in their concern for Banks. Aichner meanwhile having stopped to see his arm get raised, takes note of some medics rushing down to the ring. Not allowing them to even check on Travis, Aichner laid out one of the medics with a big dropkick before he took out the other with a clothesline. From here the referee also fell victim to an Aichner clothesline. With the ring cleared apart from himself and Banks, Aichner resumed his beating on the downed champion when...

To the shock of everyone in attendance
    Wade Barrett rushed down to the ring. The commentary team were quick to surmise that Wade had to be the member of management Katarina was waiting on, while he hit the ring. Fabian Aichner made a swift exit as Barrett slid under the ropes and at ringside after he stared at Barrett, Fabian swiped the UK Championship from the time keeper's desk before making his exit through the crowd. Meanwhile in the ring Wade Barrett crouched down beside Travis Banks before demanding some more medics get down to the ring.

Heel Champion

Status

Quote Originally Posted by Deco90 View Post
    Reading along buddy and figured I'd drop some thoughts on the show.

Good opening and pleased to see the Coffey Brothers pick up the win. Going to take some doing to knock these two off at the moment.

Toni Storm making an alliance with Charli & Kasey was a nice touch. House of Couture is cool name as well man.

Intrigued around who this executive is going be.. Doesn't sound positive.

Shane Thorne celebrating Haha! Nice touch and the friction with him and the Aussie Open continues.

Nice little segment with Kay Lee Ray. Excited for her involvement in the Women's Division.

House of Couture pick up the victory and their dominance continues. Right move for me. I do feel for Toni Storm though. She may very well need an alliance with Kay Lee Ray to change the balance.

Great start to the King of Ring tournament and my pick to win the tournament outright picks up the victory. Good! #BruiserweightKing #PeteDunne4King

Good ME and Aichner who's been nothing but impressive picks up a good victory. Match vs Travis Banks should be awesome.
    Sorry for the late response mate. Thrilled to see you enjoyed my show. Got to admit while they haven't perhaps had anything too flashy just yet, the Coffeys very much have become the back bone of my brand thanks to their title reign. It's been quite fun writing their story so far. So obviously now the next show has been posted, So I'm curious to see just what you think of the executive after his arrival! haha glad to see you are enjoying the King of the ring. Will admit Bruiserweight King has a great ring to it. Cheers once again for the review dude!

Quote Originally Posted by OMB View Post
    another great show and another great main event I love how you are booking Fabian. KOTR off to hot start.
    Apologies for the late reply dude. Just wanted to say thanks for the Kind Words. Hope you enjoy what I've done with Fabian now this week!

Hail To The King

Status

1000 times yes yes yes Wade Barrett is perfect for NXT UK OMG I am so happy :D

Spoiler:

Brayden Bridges

Heel Champion

Status

WWE United Kingdom Brand ~ Episode 051 ~ A design for Life
    Newport, Wales
    22/11/18

Dusted by Astroid Boys begins to play as this week's edition of the UK Brand opens up from Newport, Wales. Before the show can officially start out, a video package plays highlighting what has happened in the lead up to this show. The video begins with Keith Lee becoming the next man to advance in the King of the Ring. After this we are shown Kay Lee Ray's impressive in ring debut before finally the video focuses on the non title bout between Fabian Aichner and Travis Banks. This physical bout very much receives prominent feature as does the shocking end to the show in which we learned that Wade Barrett was the management executive sent by the WWE board. After this our show officially opens up and after our commentary team of Doug Williams and John Gooden promote tonight's show, we are taken to the ring where the man himself Wade Barrett is standing by.

As Wade Barrett stands in the ring with a microphone in hand, it is clear that the crowd in attendance tonight are unsure just how to react to the former intercontinental champion. This of course is based purely on his reputation and past actions as a member of the WWE roster. Aware of these concerns Wade Barrett is quick to address his past in the Nexus as well as his in his terms ill advised time in the Corre and the league of nations. Admitting that he was young and he wanted to make a statement as quick as he could in this business, Wade acknowledges that perhaps he didn't go about it the right way yet at the same time in his mind that was how he'd make a mark on the business.

Yet for those who think or even for those who hope he is the same man he was when he formed the nexus, Wade states that he is afraid he has some bad news! This earns Barrett some applause from the crowd as he begins to smirk. Commenting that everything he did back then was for his best interests as a in ring competitor, Wade states that ever since he stepped away from the ring he has been able to truly revaluate his life and the decisions he made. Now he stands before us as not Wade Barrett the wrestler who only serves his best interests.

Instead he is now Wade Barrett, the management consultant who is simply out here to do what is best for the UK Brand. Admitting he fondly looks back on his time wrestling across the UK scene, Wade states that it's because of those memories that he took such a job role. Promising that he is only here to help the UK Brand, Wade states that he will begin to do that tonight with General Manager Katarina Leigh. On mentioning the GM, Wade reveals that he will be meeting with her throughout the night in an effort to begin fixing the problems with the brand. As for right now, Wade states that he will not keep the show focused on him so he will bring this promo to an end and says he hopes that everyone enjoys tonight's show.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Match One: Danny Burch vs Mark Andrews vs Damian Dunne ~ King of the Ring ~ Round 1

The opening contest of the evening would be the continuation of the King of the Ring tournament. This particular bout would very much feature a true styles clash as you had the high flying Mark Andrews, brawler Danny Burch and the boisterous Damian Dunne. Unsurprisingly the antics of Damian Dunne would not benefit him here, as his attempts to inform both Burch and Andrews about their violations in the no fun zone led to Burch cracking Dunne on the side of the head with an open palm strike. From here the match would progress with Dunne very much looking to capitalise on any and all opportunities left by both men. Yet this would back fire near the end of the contest as Danny Burch looked to finish Andrews with a top rope suplex. Dunne wanting a quick victory pulled Burch down from the canvas with a powerbomb yet as he went for a cover, Mark Andrews connected with a shooting star press across his back. With Dunne writhing in agony, Andrews quickly covered him for the victory.

Shepherd: And the winner of the match Mark Andrews.

The crowd cheers loudly as the announcement is made and Mark Andrews climbs to his feet in the ring. As Andrews begins his celebration, he is soon confronted by Danny Burch who does the honorable thing and raises Mark's arm in the air. Meanwhile on the outside of the ring a disgusted Damian Dunne begins to take a knee following his defeat.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

From here the cameras take us to the locker room area where
    Jinny is standing by with her 'intern' Chakara. Annoyed at Chakara losing to Dakota Kai, Jinny makes it clear that right now she has a job a million girls would kill for and yet she is still screwing up. Continuing to berate her, Jinny states that when she gave her this opportunity Chakara sold her a bill of goods on what she was getting. As Chakara listens anxiously Jinny mentions that she will be teaming up with Xia Brookside tonight and she is expecting a better result from her or else.

After this, post show footage from last week is played and if focuses on a gathering in the locker room area as
    Dakota Kai, Toni Storm, Charli Morgan and Kasey Owens are grouped together. Banding together this group of women are quick to welcome Dakota Kai into the fold as she like them wants to bring down the House of Couture. As the women talk openly they all agree to work together from this point out as a team to stop Jinny and her group. Yet realising they are still out numbered Toni comments that they'll need to add more numbers to even the odds.

Match Two: Kay Lee Ray vs Nina Samuels

After making her debut last week, the impressive Kay Lee Ray would find herself facing a much different test in her second outing. As it was clear from the off that Nina Samuels had no respect for her opponent, attacking Kay Lee Ray from the second she got in the ring. Fighting back, Kay Lee again would show that she was not afraid to fight dirty should the situation call for it. After a few minutes of back and forth action, a gory bomb from Kay Lee would be all she wrote.

The crowd reaction is still mixed as Kay Lee Ray gets to her feet in the ring. After getting her arm raised in the air, Kay Lee Ray storms backstage while the ref checks on Nina.

After this the cameras return backstage to the hallway where
    Joanna Rose is standing by with Marcel Barthel. As Joanna talks with Marcel once again this week, it appears that Joanna just like the Coffey Bros and many of the crowd have had enough of the wait in regards to does Marcel have a partner. Yet unlike the other weeks in which Marcel has only teased a partner, this time round Barthel admits that not only does he have a tag team partner but he also has the perfect tag team partner. With that Barthel introduces the world to a man who shares a similar ideology to himself Clement Petoit! As the promo begins to come to a close, Barthel reveals that they will make their in ring debut next week to show everyone what a true tag team looks like!

Match Three: Aussie Open w/Shane Thorne vs Drew Parker and Spike Trivet

Having seemingly finally gotten back on side, Aussie Open would compete in the next contest of the night against a young local duo. As always a boisterous Shane Thorne would be at ringside but it seemed his antics now would only serve to distract Mark Davis as opposed to motivate his team. This allowed both Parker and Trivet to surprisingly get off quite a bit of offense. Yet in the end the experience of Aussie Open and the power of Mark Davis came into play as he and Kyle Fletcher were able to drive Trivet into the canvas with the Fidget Spinner. Yet as Fletcher made the cover, we'd see at ringside Shane Thorne would blindside Parker in an effort to stop him breaking up the pin fall.
    Shepherd: And the winners of the match Aussie Open!

The crowd reaction is mixed as Kyle Fletcher gets to his feet in the ring and begins to celebrate his victory. While he does so however, Shane Thorne at ringside decides to stomp on Parker a couple of times until he is pulled away by Mark Davis. Any celebration is soon cut short as Kyle Fletcher hops out of the ring in an effort to prevent an argument between Mark and Shane.

From here we are taken to the general manager's office where
    Katarina Leigh has been joined by Wade Barrett. The dynamic between the two very much is uneasy and tense as Wade tells her of a list of issues they need to handle. Firstly Wade asks of the status of Travis Banks to which Katarina informs him that while the doctor has in fact cleared him for competition, that she has elected to sit him out for this week just to let him recover from Fabian's attack. This turns to Wade addressing that situation with him stating he has a few ideas for what is next, but before he can continue Wade is cut off by Katarina who comments that she will handle it. Holding his hands in the air, Wade says he will leave that to her then as long as she allows him to handle the women's title situation next week. Despite some hesitation, Katarina agrees to this proposal.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Match Four: Xia Brookside and Chakara w/Bill Eaver and Jinny vs Millie McKenzie and Sierra Loxton

With the pressure put on her, Jinny's apprentice Chakara had something to prove as she teamed with Xia Brookside against Millie McKenzie and Sierra Loxton. Continuing her recent trend of impressive performances, Millie McKenzie would wow audiences in the early going as she threw both Xia and Chakara around with suplexes. This would be until a distraction from Eaver allowed Xia to cheap shot Millie. From here Chakara and Xia worked over Millie until she was able to tag out to Sierra. A fired up Loxton impressed as she battled the numbers game but again it would be a distraction from Eaver which allowed Chakara and Brookside to finish her off with a double DDT for the victory.

Shepherd: And the winners of the match Xia Brookside and Chakara!

With loud boos echoing out, Chakara and Xia embrace in the ring while at ringside a smug William Eaver begins to applaud. Jinny meanwhile only smirks arrogantly before she takes a moment to cheap shot Millie with a kick to the ribs at ringside.

The cameras then cut to the backstage area where we are shown a confrontation between our General Manager
    Katarina Leigh and Fabian Aichner. Aichner is still in possession of the UK Championship which is clearly a bone of contention for the general manager. Demanding that Aichner return the title, Katarina is not impressed as Fabian instead calls himself the real United Kingdom Champion. Katarina responds that he never competed for the title yet Aichner again shuts her down by saying how can she say otherwise when unlike Travis Banks, he was able to walk out of the ring under his own power.

Katarina is steadily getting more angry as she again demands for Aichner to return that title. Yet Fabian still refuses to hand it over to her as instead he dares her to make him hand it over. With a smirk on her face, Katarina cannot help but admit she is happy he said that. As while she admits that as a GM, she herself cannot harbor any ill feeling towards him. In the case of Aichner, she doesn't have to as he has done a fantastic job of making his own enemies. With that before Aichner's eyes Katarina would be joined by both
    Ashton Smith and Rampage Brown who have had past history with Aichner.

Smith and Brown quickly begin to attack Fabian who despite the numbers game does a great job of holding his own. Using the title as a weapon, Aichner knocks out Brown before he is able to put Smith through a nearby catering table. Yet rather than be able to catch his breath, Aichner is blindsided this time by
    Wolfgang, BT Gunn and Luke Menzies. As these three attack, Aichner they have him reeling as they send him through the curtain and out onto the ramp. However this tactic does backfire as when Aichner gets to his feet he is able to catch BT Gunn running on and throws him off of the stage through a production table.

Still with the title close by Aichner rushes into the crowd with Wolfgang in pursuit. Menzies meanwhile looks to be waiting by at ringside for Wolfgang to send him his way. As Wolfgang catches up with Aichner the two begin to brawl through the crowd. As they near the guard rail, Menzies flips Aichner over to the floor. Yet as Wolfgang climbs over the guard rail Aichner shoves Menzies into him causing the two men to clash heads. This sends Menzies forward into a punishing dropkick to the side of the head knocking him out. With that Fabian Aichner while a livid Katarina looks on, is able to powerbomb Wolfgang on the floor.

Picking up the United Kingdom Championship, Fabian Aichner then rolls into the ring before he climbs to his feet and holds it high in the air. With a smirk on his face, Aichner looks up to the ramp where Katarina is standing by. Angered at Aichner managing to divide and conquer her assault, Katarina is soon joined by a disgusted
    Wade Barrett who cannot hide his disappointment in the situation. With that the show comes to a close with Barrett stating that he will handle this next week!

Hail To The King

Status

Good show good to see Wade have a solid opening promo. Katrina & Wade should have some solid stories between the two. I am shocked to see Mandrews win tbh. KLR looking good again. I got to say again though dude you got great writing its detailed but not so long that it feels like a chore to read you are def one of my favs.

Spoiler:

Brayden Bridges

What's Gwarning!

Status
      Country                    England

NXT UK Review

Good opener with Wade Barrett talking about his past, and revealing why he's part of NXT UK management. He's tailor-made for this role!

The first KOTR match was a great way to make Mark Andrews look strong. I've always liked Mandrews in the ring from Impact, but his character wasn't anything special then. Nice touch with Danny Burch raising his hand in the air.

Jinny scolding Chakara makes sense, and I like the angle going on between those two.

Kay Lee Ray looking strong! I'm rooting for her to be champion in the future for this booker. Also remember her from Impact British Boot Camp lol.

I liked the effect that Shane Thorne had on this match, blindsiding Parker so that Aussie Open could pick up the victory. It made them seem a lot more sneaky, and it's good use for Thorne- who WWE dropped the ball on heavily by not pushing TM61.

Chakara needed the win here, so it was good that her & Xia had got it. Jinny cheap shotting Millie was another good touch, and I'm digging her as the evil apprentice for Chakara.

The last segment was great. It really signalled the fact that the environment in NXT UK is a mess, and even with the arrival of Wade Barrett- things just can't be sorted with Katarina in charge. She let Fabian Aichner get away with the title, even though he had 5 superstars attempt to take it from him. I LOVE that vision of Aichner smirking whilst Katarina looks on, knowing she got outsmarted. You've definitely won me over with Aichner, and I can't wait to see where this story goes and how Barrett will handle it.

Overall, great stuff bro! Really enjoyed the show.

Heel Champion

Status

Good show good to see Wade have a solid opening promo. Katrina & Wade should have some solid stories between the two. I am shocked to see Mandrews win tbh. KLR looking good again. I got to say again though dude you got great writing its detailed but not so long that it feels like a chore to read you are def one of my favs.
    Cheers for the comments bro. The Wade/Katarina dynamic is going to be a lot of fun to write over the coming weeks. I won't go too much into it to avoid spoils but I genuinely have quite the cool story drawn up with the future of the UK Brand. Mandrews winning I definitely felt would be a surprise especially against a recently debuted Dunne plus NXT's Burch. Yet same time I felt that he's been a backbone of the brand, in that he's been a consistent part of my show and the King of the Ring tournament definitely would be something to help him take a further step. Cheers for the comments about the show's presentation, as I've got to admit I used to be all about full shows. Yet the more I've worked with this brand, the more I've come to appreciate the recap style and I'm constantly trying to improve how I describe whats going on. Thanks once again for the comments mate!

Quote Originally Posted by Skengman95 View Post
    NXT UK Review

Good opener with Wade Barrett talking about his past, and revealing why he's part of NXT UK management. He's tailor-made for this role!

The first KOTR match was a great way to make Mark Andrews look strong. I've always liked Mandrews in the ring from Impact, but his character wasn't anything special then. Nice touch with Danny Burch raising his hand in the air.

Jinny scolding Chakara makes sense, and I like the angle going on between those two.

Kay Lee Ray looking strong! I'm rooting for her to be champion in the future for this booker. Also remember her from Impact British Boot Camp lol.

I liked the effect that Shane Thorne had on this match, blindsiding Parker so that Aussie Open could pick up the victory. It made them seem a lot more sneaky, and it's good use for Thorne- who WWE dropped the ball on heavily by not pushing TM61.

Chakara needed the win here, so it was good that her & Xia had got it. Jinny cheap shotting Millie was another good touch, and I'm digging her as the evil apprentice for Chakara.

The last segment was great. It really signalled the fact that the environment in NXT UK is a mess, and even with the arrival of Wade Barrett- things just can't be sorted with Katarina in charge. She let Fabian Aichner get away with the title, even though he had 5 superstars attempt to take it from him. I LOVE that vision of Aichner smirking whilst Katarina looks on, knowing she got outsmarted. You've definitely won me over with Aichner, and I can't wait to see where this story goes and how Barrett will handle it.

Overall, great stuff bro! Really enjoyed the show.
    Thank you for the review Skeng! Thrilled to see you enjoyed my show as I got to admit, I was concerned perhaps I'd gone a tad OTT with the GM drama. The Barrett promo was a treat to write as I very much wanted to show how much he's changed from the man who created the nexus to now. I will admit the story I'm telling, at first I wasn't sure who was going to be the management representative. As a few names come to mind including Finlay, Layla, Robbie Brookside and even Paul Burchill haha. Yet I can safely say now that Wade is definitely the right choice and I'm happy I've chose him.

Mandrews winning as I said to OMB was something that I felt was needed for him. He's someone I feel I've used well but at the same time has so far lacked that big moment to push him into the upper echelon. So I'm hoping that the King of the Ring will provide that opportunity. Jinny's whole story has been fun to write so far as she's someone I'm genuinely a big fan of. So her putting pressure on Chakara as her intern has definitely made sense in my mind. Thorne equally has been great and this story he is in now is a pleasure to write as you really are seeing the differential between him and his team.

The final segment was a tad concerning for me as I didn't want it too look like I as burying anyone which is why I had Aichner fight smart with a divide and conquer tactic. His storyline with Katarina has been fantastic though as really when you think about it, he is the villain and she is actually in the right. Yet because of the situation it's almost like that movie Cape Fear in that she has had to resort to villainous tactics to try and get back at him. Thanks again for the review dude. Really appreciate it.

Heel Champion

Status

WWE United Kingdom Brand ~ Episode 054 ~ Cobblestones
    Bangor, Wales
    29/11/18

Dusted by Astroid Boys begins to play as this week's edition of the UK Brand opens up with a recap of the prior week's show. The video highlights all the big events from last week beginning with Wade Barrett's introductory promo as the management representative before we see Mark Andrews advance in the King of the Ring tournament. The video then culminates with the show ending segment in which Fabian Aichner remained in possession of the UK Championship despite GM Katarina Leigh's best efforts. With that this week's show opens up from Bangor, Wales with a lively crowd in attendance. After hyping up tonight's show both Doug Williams and John Gooden send us to ringside to Andy Shepherd.

Before the announcer can speak however, he has the microphone taken from his hands by a livid Travis Banks who has stormed down to the ring. The current UK Champion is clearly in no mood to be trifled with as he orders Andy Shepherd to leave the ring. Pacing back and forth, Travis Banks reminds everyone that he came to the UK Brand for a challenge. He came here and declared that he wanted a battle and he wanted competition. From here Banks lists off some of his big matches here in the brand against the likes of Pete Dunne, Mark Haskins and Nick Aldis.

Commenting that he has been through the ringer as part of the UK Brand and win, lose or draw he has kept on battling. Banks begins to address his match from two weeks ago against Fabian Aichner. Expressing his disgust at the result of that contest, Banks starts out by admitting that Fabian Aichner had him on the ropes near the end. Yet if there is one thing that has been shown from his past battles it's that no matter how bad it looks, Travis Banks is never truly out of a fight and can always find a way to turn things around and win.

Stating that is how he won the belt and that is also how he kept it against Nick Aldis, Travis states that his disgust is from the fact that Banks' chance to turn things around was taken from him by the referee's decision. Commenting he'd be mad even if the shoe was on the other foot, Banks calls himself a real warrior which is in stark comparison to Fabian Aichner who is going to claim he is the champion when he didn't even deserve the victory. From here Banks says that now however he is going to give Aichner his chance to prove he is the man.

Challenging him to a fight right now so that he can right the wrongs of two weeks ago and get his belt back. Travis Banks is clearly dismayed as instead of Fabian Aichner, Wade Barrett walks out onto the stage. Before Wade can introduce himself to Banks, the fired up Banks demands Katarina Leigh come on out as he'd rather deal with the organ grinder. Barrett remains calm as he reveals that he has just sent Katarina home for the night as he will be handling sensitive issues such as this tonight. Banks demands Fabian Aichner comes on out here now again but Wade informs him that Aichner isn't even in the building yet.

From here Wade states that while Banks may not know him or what he's like as a boss, Wade promises he is a man of his word and a man who gets things done. Which is why Wade promises Banks that he will get him his title back, but that he will not be getting a match with Aichner tonight. The crowd voices their displeasure at this while an angered Banks drops his microphone in the ring. To close this promo Wade asks Banks to leave it to him tonight and being that he knows the kind of man Banks is, Wade promises he will give him a match next week. Despite this promise, Banks is not happy as he storms past Wade and heads backstage.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Footage filmed from earlier on in the evening is shown and it highlights a confrontation between Jinny and Millie McKenzie. The fired up youngster is angry at Jinny's cheap shot from last week. Yet her attempts at confrontation are quickly brushed off by the dismissive Jinny. This would be until Millie McKenzie challenges her to a match for tonight's show. With a smirk Jinny refutes the challenge and instead gives her a counter offer which is a match right now. Millie throws her hands up ready to fight but Jinny laughs at her condescendingly before she snaps her fingers. In mere moments Millie is jumped from behind by April Davids, Laura Di Matteo and Killer Kelly. Despite her best efforts the numbers game is too much and the Female Fight Factory begin to work over Millie McKenzie. With the damage done, a smug Jinny stands over Millie and brands her a stupid little girl before she insultingly slaps her across the face.

Match One: Marcel Barthel and Clement Petoit vs Tucker and Da Mack

Having finally introduced the world to his tag team partner last week, the pressure was on here for Marcel Barthel and Clement Petoit to impress. Against a young, hungry duo looking to perhaps earn a contract with the UK Brand, Petoit and Barthel very much looked to be the finished product. A technically sound, hard hitting duo who tortured their opponents in some nasty submissions and holds. It would not take long for Barthel and Petoit to take the victory after Barthel blasted Tucker with a running European uppercut to the jaw while at the same time in perfect sync Petoit hit Tucker to the back of the head with a leaping enzugiri kick.

Shepherd: And the winners of the match Marcel Bathel and Clement Petoit!

Rushing backstage after his earlier promo, a fired up Travis Banks heads to the parking garage where he sees Katarina Leigh in the process of making her exit from the building. Despite not being in the mood to talk to anyone, Katarina to her credit does here the impassioned Banks out as he makes it clear that he wants Aichner in a rematch. Yet despite Banks' repeated requests, Katarina refuses to bite as instead she tells him to forget about Aichner as Barrett will be handling him. This definitely doesn't sit well with Banks as Katarina before she leaves announces that Banks' next title defense will be against the King of the Ring winner at the 4th UK Showcase!

After this the show directs us towards the locker room area where the Aussie Open duo of Mark Davis and Kyle Fletcher are standing by. The duo talks about last week and how despite their wishes Shane Thorne again got involved in the match. While Mark Davis looks at this as unacceptable, a more diplomatic Fletcher says that Shane is trying but struggling to get used to their new regime. Yet given time Kyle thinks he will be fine. Before the two can continue this discussion however a beaming Shane Thorne walks into the room. As Shane congratulates the pair for their work last week, he brushes off a comment by Mark in regards to his interference as he tells them he has some big news for them. Revealing he has been in a meeting with Wade Barrett, Shane states that he has got his team a number one contenders match next week. As in Shane's words it will be the New Mighty against Clement Petoit and Marcel Barthel. While Fletcher smiles, a serious Mark Davis reminds Shane that they aren't the New Mighty instead they are Aussie Open. Yet again Shane brushes Davis off before making his exit from the locker room.

Match Two: Kay Lee Ray vs Charlie Morgan

Unbeaten in her past two matches Kay Lee Ray found herself against her toughest opponent yet as she battled the scrappy Charlie Morgan. Despite Morgan being more than a threat to her athletically, Kay Lee again showed little in the way of respect for her opponent. As the bout progressed, both women would have their moments until Charlie Morgan countered a Gory Bomb attempt with a sunset flip powerbomb for a razor thin near fall. However before Charlie could follow up with any offense she would be distracted by the presence of Jinny at ringside. Looking to regain her focus, Charlie went for a superkick on Kay Lee who caught the kick and countered with an enzugiri. With Morgan dazed, Kay Lee finished her with a Gory Bomb for the victory.

The crowd reaction is mixed as the announcement is made and Kay Lee Ray gets to her feet in the ring. After getting her arm raised in the air, Kay Lee Ray comes face to face with Jinny in a tense standoff while April Davids, Killer Kelly, Chakara and Laura Di Matteo head down to the ring. Shrugging her shoulders and shaking her head, Kay Lee Ray makes her exit from the ring and walks backstage. With that Jinny has Laura and Kelly lift up Charlie as she talks down to her and begins slapping her across the face. Before any assault can happen however Toni Storm, Dakota Kai and Kasey Owens rush down to the ring.

The Female Fight Factory Trio exit the ring and meet them on the way down as this brawl spills around ringside. The rabid crowd in attendance are cheering loudly while in the ring an angered Jinny kicks Charlie to the gut while Chakara holds her up. Before Jinny can strike her again however she is tackled by Millie McKenzie! This allows Charlie Morgan to pull Chakara over her shoulders before she hits her with a superkick. Jinny is quick to exit the ring and she and the Female Fight Factory along with Chakara back up the ramp while Toni Storm, Dakota Kai, Kasey Owens, Millie McKenzie and Charlie Morgan stand tall in the ring!

The cameras cut backstage to the GM's office where Wade Barrett is seen taking a seat behind Katarina's desk. In the corner of the room stands an anxious Luke Menzies when in walks Rhea Ripley. Unlike her interactions with Katarina Leigh, it appears that there is a modicum of respect between Rhea here and Wade Barrett as he is quick to admit that what happened at the last UK Showcase is not what he wants this brand to be about. Refuting Rhea's request to reverse the decision as in Wade's words the referee and Katarina's decision still stands, Wade announces that at the next UK Showcase it will be a rematch as Tegan Nox will defend her title against Rhea Ripley!

Finally making his arrival to the building but curiously without the UK Championship in his possession is Fabian Aichner. The second Fabian walks into the building he finds himself confronted by Wade Barrett. There is a noted tension between the two as Fabian begins to smirk and ask Wade if he is going to send some people after him like Katarina did. Instead Wade remarks that he doesn't need to, because instead he is going to come to Fabian like a man and make it clear that he will be returning that championship next week. With Fabian staring him down, Wade makes it clear that he is not someone Fabian wants to make an enemy of before he walks back down the hall.

Main Event: Jordan Devlin vs Harper vs Charlie Sterling w/Bill Eaver ~ King of the Ring ~ Round 1

Finally in the main event it would be our next King of the Ring contest and it would feature arguably one of the most popular members of the roster Jordan Devlin. His opponents would be the rising Charlie Sterling as well as the monstrous Luke Harper. Despite Devlin's attempts to work with Sterling in the early going to combat Harper, they could never coexist thanks to the arrogance of Charlie Sterling. Which in turn meant both men but especially at points Sterling took a brutal onslaught from a fired up Harper. As the match waged on Harper began to win over the crowd as he wiped out Charlie Sterling and Bill Eaver with a suicide Dive. From here he'd return to the ring in an effort to battle Jordan Devlin. Yet just as it looked like Harper might move on as he readied Devlin for a powerbomb, he'd be hit from behind by Sterling. Sterling then tossed Harper out onto the apron, before he attempted to end things on Jordan with a brainbuster. Countering, Jordan shoved Sterling towards the ropes where Harper met him with a springboard shoulder block. However before Harper could get to his feet, Jordan cracked him with a superkick to the side of the head. With Harper stunned on the canvas, a moonsault from Jordan would connect across the chest of Charlie Sterling and with that Jordan would take the pin fall victory.

Shepherd: And the winner of the match Jordan Devlin!

The crowd in attendance cheers loudly as the announcement is made by Andy Shepherd. Slowly Jordan Devlin makes it to his feet in the ring to a loud pop from the crowd. On the outside of the ring a groggy Bill Eaver stumbles back against the guard rail while Charlie Sterling falls to the floor. Meanwhile a livid Luke Harper storms backstage having come up short here.

Heel Champion

Status

WWE United Kingdom Brand
    presents
    UK Showcase 4
    Cardiff, Wales
    7/2/19

Confirmed so far!

UK Women's Championship Rematch!

Tegan Nox (c) vs Rhea Ripley

WWE United Kingdom Championship Match

Travis Banks (c) vs 2019 King of the Ring winner

Heel Champion

Status

WWE United Kingdom Brand ~ Episode 055 ~ The Travis Bank Redemption
    Newport, Wales
    6/12/18

Dusted by Astroid Boys begins to play as this latest edition of the UK Brand kicks off with a video package highlighting the previous show. Starting out this video package we see how Travis Banks demanded a match with Fabian Aichner only for Wade Barrett and Katarina Leigh to force him to step down as they promised they'd acquire the UK Championship. The video then transitions to Marcel Barthel and Clement Petoit's tag team debut before focus finally settles on the King of the Ring and Jordan Devlin's advancement in the tournament. With that the package comes to an end and this week's show officially begins. With a packed crowd in attendance, the show opens with both Doug Williams and John Gooden hyping up tonight's show before they send us to ringside to hear from our general manager.

The cameras then cut towards the ring where we see both Katarina Leigh and Wade Barrett standing by. There is a clear tension or unease between the two as they can't quite decide who will begin this promo. Eventually it is a smirking Wade Barrett who kicks things off as he first stands here and begins to address the UK Showcase 4. After he echoes Katarina's announcement that Travis Banks will take on the winner of the King of the Ring tournament, Wade then follows up with confirmation that Tegan Nox will battle Rhea Ripley in a rematch from the previous Showcase.

This second announcement clearly doesn't sit well with Katarina only for Wade to remark that she didn't consult him about the Banks title match. So if he can get on board with that, the least she can do is follow suit with this. Slowly Katarina nods her head as Wade then says that while he and Katarina might not agree on everything, there is something that they do agree on which is the Fabian Aichner situation. Calling what has been going on unacceptable Wade says that now is the time for this to be nipped in the bud before there is anymore escalation.

Wade then invites Fabian Aichner out to the ring and after a few moments we see Fabian Aichner emerging through the crowd to boos from everyone in attendance. Once he enters the ring, Aichner stoically looks at both Barrett and Katarina while an enraged Katarina demands that he returns the belt now. Barrett meets Aichner's glare with one of his own, as he reminds him what he told him last week. After a few seconds Aichner holds the title out but as Wade reaches to take it from him, Aichner chooses to drop the belt on the ground as he smirks cockily.

Aichner then leaves the ring while a bemused Wade Barrett picks up the UK Championship, yet as Aichner backs up the ramp he slowly turns into a running knee strike by Travis Banks! The crowd explodes into cheers as both Aichner and Banks hit the ground before Travis pounces on Fabian and pelts him with punches to the top of the head. Throwing Banks off of him, Aichner gets to his feet before he meets Travis with a knee to the mid section. From here Aichner goozles Banks and prepares to chokeslam him but as he lifts Banks up he is surprised as Banks catches him mid move in a triangle choke.

Pulling Aichner down onto the ground, Banks begins elbowing the top of his head as Katarina calls for security. Wade Barrett meanwhile manages to pry Banks away as security hit the scene and slowly Aichner is pulled away to the back. A fired up Banks meanwhile heads to the ring where he grabs his title and raises it high in the air to a loud pop from the elated crowd in attendance, this is until he comes face to face with a livid Wade Barrett who reminds him that he said they'd handle this and not Banks. With that Wade says if Banks wants a fight.. then he can defend his title right now against this man...

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Match One: Travis Banks vs Babatunde - WWE UK Championship Match

Kicking off the show would be a UK Championship match as Travis Banks battled NXT's Babatunde. Despite the mammoth size difference between the two, the champion showed no fear as he took the fight to his enormous opponent. In the early going Babatunde thanks to his power was able to take the advantage but eventually Travis Banks was able to ground him which allowed Banks to fully take over. What followed was a series of nasty kicks to the face by Banks on Babatunde knocking him out before he clamped on a Koji Clutch for the submission.

Shepherd: And the winner of the match and still champion Travis Banks!

The crowd in attendance cheers loudly as the announcement is made and slowly Travis Banks releases the hold. Despite his victory and now being back in the possession of the UK title, Travis Banks is still pissed off as he storms to the back without getting his arm raised.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

From here the cameras direct us towards the General Manager's office where Katarina Leigh and Wade Barrett look to take a moment to chat. The duo begin to address how they need to get on the same page, for this to truly work. Yet before the two can continue this discussion, they are joined in the office by the UK Women's Champion Tegan Nox. The fired up, intense champion is here to discuss her future title defense against her heated foe Rhea Ripley. Before either Katarina or Wade speak up, Tegan reminds them that as champion she has fought everyone that has been put in front of her without question. Yet now she is here to ask for something for the first time since she has arrived to the UK Brand. Because in Tegan's words, she does not want to wrestle Rhea instead she wants this to be a fight. Having listened to Tegan's plea, Wade comments that he understands where she is coming from and he and Katarina will discus some options for the title match at Showcase!

After this the cameras cut to the corridor of the building where Mark Andrews is standing by along with Kenny Williams. The two men discuss tonight and the King of the Ring tournament as Mark Andrews wishes Kenny luck in his match later in the evening. Kenny then leaves while Mark begins to walk towards the locker room. Yet as he nears the door, a loud whistle is blown before Andrews turns to face Damian Dunne. The chief deputy of the no fun zone is quick to inform Andrews that his victory in the King of the Ring was a violation of the laws he'd set. While Andrews just looked on bemused, Dunne issued him a warning that now Mark had his attention and Dunne would be fully intent on enforcing those laws. With that Damian Dunne leaves while Andrews just looks on.

Match Two: Kay Lee Ray vs Chakara w/Jinny

Looking to continue her unbeaten run, Kay Lee Ray found herself matched up against the House of Couture's intern Chakara. This was an energetic little contest with Chakara showing some fire as she desperately looked to gain the approval of Jinny. Sadly for her, despite a few impressive moments her more experienced for would capitalise on a failed enzugiri before she put Chakara down with a superkick for the victory.

Shepherd:And the winner of the match Kay Lee Ray!

Literally as soon as the announcement is made, Kay Lee Ray is drilled with a forearm smash across the back by Jinny. This puts her down on a knee as the Female Fight Factory hit the ring. Now in a four on one situation, the odds are not in Kay Lee's favor as the House of Couture starts to put the boots to her before Chakara joins in. This is until a chair wielding Toni Storm rushes out from the back, following her is Kasey Owens, Charli Morgan, Dakota Kai and Millie McKenzie. With the odds against them, the House of Couture bails out of the ring while Toni offers to help Kay Lee Ray to her feet. Yet Kay Lee instead opts to roll to the floor before making her exit through the crowd.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Returning backstage, the cameras take us towards the locker room area where we see a face off between Trent Seven and Pete Dunne. With the history between them, Trent Seven again tries to great a disinterested Pete Dunne as an old friend. Yet similar to their conversation at the last showcase, Dunne has little interest in playing that game. Cutting to the chase, Dunne wants to know what Trent really wants and he's not impressed when Trent begins to talk about them uniting once again to make it to the finals of the King of the Ring tournament. Offering to watch Pete's back if he in turn watches his, Trent is dismayed as Dunne simply states that he's not interested before he walks out of the locker room.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Having made her way backstage following her match, Kay Lee Ray makes a beeline towards the women's locker room when she is confronted by Toni Storm. Looking to show some respect and possibly break the ice, Toni asks Kay Lee how she is feeling after her attack. However she is quickly brushed off by Kay Lee Ray who claims she had it under control out there. Still looking to potentially gain another ally against the House of Couture, Toni remains calm as she says that they all need to band together yet she is cut off by Kay Lee Ray who makes it clear that all she wants is the title and nothing more before she walks into the locker room.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Match Three: Clement Petoit and Marcel Barthel vs Aussie Open w/Shane Thorne

Tag Team Action would then follow as Aussie Open looked to get back into title contention as they battled the duo of Marcel Barthel and Clement Petoit. This was a fantastic contest filled with chain wrestling, hard striking and some impressive high flying displays. Looking to show the world what they are truly capable of Aussie Open especially shone towards the end as the big man Mark Davis performed a big suicide dive onto Clement Petoit at ringside. Meanwhile in the ring Kyle Fletcher would send Barthel off into the ropes where Shane Thorne tripped Barthel much to the crowd's chagrin. This very much played a part to the conclusion of the match as a heated confrontation took place at ringside between Mark Davis and Shane Thorne. As this went on Clement Petoit took advantage of the distraction to slide back into the ring. From here Petoit and Barthel capitalised on the distraction as they planted Kyle Fletcher with a double team flapjack for the victory.

Shepherd: And the winners of the match Clement Petoit and Marcel Barthel!

The crowd in attendance boos as the announcement is made and Barthel and Petoit get their arms raised in victory. While they begin their celebration we see at ringside the argument between Thorne and Davis continues with both men blaming each other for the loss.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

From here the cameras take us towards one of the many corridors of the building where "The Present" Bill Eaver is standing along by his two proteges Charlie Sterling and Xia Brookside. With a proud smile on his face, Eaver pats Charlie on the shoulder before he tells him that today is the day that he picks up the pieces and builds himself up following his King of the Ring loss. Then turning to Xia he expresses how he needs for her to continue picking up some more momentum as she continues to evolve. As both ask him how, a creepy smirk appears on Eaver's face as he informs them that the best way to make today the day is to eliminate the past once and for all!

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Having returned backstage following their match, a livid duo of Aussie Open and Shane Thorne continue their argument in the gorilla position. Mark Davis in particular seems riled up as he again remarks that Shane does not respect what they are wanting to achieve as Aussie Open. Whereas Thorne in his argument counters that the duo need more guidance for success and he can lead them to victory as the New Mighty. Kyle Fletcher for his part looks to mediate things as he hopes to prevent an argument between the two, sadly his mediation doesn't work however as Davis and Thorne agree to a match for next week's show!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The cameras then take us to the locker room area where the Coffey Brothers are standing by. Soon the tag team champions are joined by Luke Menzies who has come in search of them with an announcement. With both Joe Coffey and Mark Coffey listening in, Luke says he is speaking on behalf of Wade Barrett as he confirms that with their win earlier on in the night Clement Petoit and Marcel Barthel are the new number one contenders to the UK Tag Team Championships. After this announcement Luke announces that the title match will be taking place next week!

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Main Event: Buddy Murphy vs Kenny Williams vs Morgan Webster - King of the Ring

Finally it was time for our main event which would be the latest installment in the King of the Ring tournament. As one might expect with the three men involved in this contest, this was a fast paced collision between three talented cruiserweight wrestlers. One noted story in this match was the ill feeling between former friends Kenny Williams and Morgan Webster. Because it seemed the two men prioritized taking out any ill feeling on one another as opposed to focusing on reigning cruiserweight champion Buddy Murphy. This proved to be a mistake as Murphy with his power was able to very much dominate portions of the contest and this played apart in the finish as Kenny Williams put Buddy down with a DDT but rather than look for a pin he elected to take an extra shot on Webster with a suicide dive. Rolling Morgan into the ring however, Kenny was met with a knee strike to the temple by Buddy as he climbed into the ring putting Kenny down on the canvas. A murphy's law from Buddy on Morgan than followed before Buddy made the cover.

Shepherd
    : And the winner of the match Buddy Murphy!

The crowd boos as the announcement is made as Buddy Murphy slowly gets to his feet in the ring. After getting his arm raised in the air, Buddy scales the turnbuckle and raises his arm in the air. While Buddy continues his celebration, a disappointed Kenny Williams walks to the back as the show comes to a close.

Heel Champion

Status

WWE United Kingdom Brand ~ Episode 056 ~ Kings reign Supreme
    Cwmbran, Wales
    13/12/18

Dusted by Astroid Boys begins to play as this latest edition of the UK Brand kicks off with a video package highlighting the previous show.
    This covers events such as Fabian Aichner returning the title and Travis Banks taking on the monstrous Babatunde. From here we'd see how Clement Petoit and Marcel Barthel became number one contenders for the UK Tag Team Championships before finally the video would end with Buddy Murphy advancing in the King of the Ring tournament. After this, this week's show would officially open from Cwmbran, Wales. The cameras take us to the commentary table where Doug Williams and John Gooden are standing by before they hype up the show ahead. With that they send us to ringside for our opening segment.

The cameras then take us to the ring for an official contract signing. With a table set up standing directly in the center of the ring, close by is our general manager Katarina Leigh. Flanking Katarina is her associate Luke Menzies while at opposite ends of this table are the UK Women's champion Tegan Nox and her long time foe Rhea Ripley. With tensions high, Katarina looks to rush things along as she announces this contract signing to make things official at the UK Showcase 4. However as Katarina begins to read through the contract she is taken aback.

Katarina then to the surprise of both champion and challenger announces that this match will now be a Last Woman Standing match! While both Rhea and Tegan seem fine with this, Katarina doesn't seem impressed with this revelation. Just then Wade Barrett appears on screen and he states that he took into account the bad blood and what Tegan stated, he elected to jazz up this match so that there will be no dispute about who was victorious. Instead after this match, there will be no question what so ever in regards to who the champion is!

Showing no hesitation both Knox and Ripley sign the contracts before they each stand up from the table. Yet as they do so, Wade makes it clear that there is a slight addition to that contract that they in signing have agreed that they can't lay a finger on one another until the match at the UK Showcase. With that Wade vanishes off screen leaving it to Katarina to finish things. As Katarina announces that the match is now official for the UK Showcase while both Tegan and Rhea stare down. The cameras then cut away from ringside as the crowd in attendance cheers.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Footage shot from earlier in the day is then rolled as we see Shane Thorne pacing back and forth outside of the arena. As he continues to pace back and forth, Shane soon breaks into a smile as he sees Kyle Fletcher pull up and step out of his car. Holding his hands up in the air to show he is not up to anything, Shane looks to get Kyle on side by saying that he doesn't really want to fight Mark Davis tonight. With Kyle listening in Shane continues by saying that he knows it's the only way however to make Mark see that they need him. With that Shane asks if he has Kyle's support but Fletcher comments he wants nothing to do with what ever is going on between the two of them but that he will be at ringside to make sure it doesn't go too far.

Match One: The Coffey Brothers vs Clement Petoit and Marcel Barthel ~ UK Tag Team Championships

The first match of the night would be for the UK Tag Team Championships as the Coffey Brothers battled the duo of Clement Petoit and Marcel Barthel. A true styles clash as on one hand you had the rugged champions while on the other you hand the grappling savant challengers. This was very much the story of the match as Barthel and Petoit went old school and cut the ring off as they worked over Joe Coffey while preventing him to tag out to Mark. Eventually a hot tag would be made and this allowed the champs to take over the match as Mark worked over both men for a short period before he was joined by Joe. The challengers would then fall in the trap of trying to brawl with the champions with Mark taking out Petoit with a back suplex on the floor while Joe was able to connect with a discus lariat on Barthel for the victory.

Shepherd: And the winner of the match and still champions The Coffey Brothers!

The crowd cheers as the announcement is made and Joe Coffey climbs to his feet. Joe is presented with the titles while Mark rolls into the ring and Joe is quick to hand one to his brother before the champions stand tall holding the gold up in the air.

Cutting away from ringside, the cameras direct us now towards the general manager's office where
    Katarina Leigh is standing by with a fired up Travis Banks. Banks despite being happy to have his belt back, makes it clear that he will not be satisfied until he gets that match with Aichner. Yet once again Katarina dismisses this challenge as she reminds Banks that he has a match against the winner of the King of the Ring tournament. Banks asserts that it doesn't have to be for the title he just wants to fight Aichner, yet this time an annoyed Katarina comments that if Banks really wants a match. Like last week he can put his title on the line against a special opponent.

Walking through the hallways with a purpose,
    Toni Storm makes her way towards the women's locker room before she walks inside and approaches Kay Lee Ray. Having been brushed off by her last week, Toni again looks to make Kay Lee Ray see sense as she says that Kay Lee won't get anywhere against the House of Couture on her own. But once again KLR brushes her off as she states she doesn't intend to go up against the House, instead she intends to go up against the champion and anyone who gets in her way. This includes Toni Storm who is in her way right now, as the two stare down Toni comments that if she wants to fight they can have a match next week which Kay Lee Ray accepts.

Post show footage is then played as we see a fired up
    Kenny Williams pacing back and forth before Morgan Webster is slowly helped to the back. To say things between these two friends and allies was tense would be an understatement. Looking for answers Kenny demands to know what happened to Morgan Webster but he is brushed off by the smug Webster who instead counters back by saying this is the first time ever Kenny has ever asked him anything about him. Before Kenny can answer back, Webster storms past him and heads to the locker room.

Match Two: Travis Banks vs Chad Gable ~ WWE UK Championship

Putting his belt up for grabs the second times in two weeks, Travis Banks found himself against a much different opponent compared to his bout with Babatunde. As this time he battled a highly proficient grappler in Chad Gable who was also capable of matching his speed. This was a highly technical affair filled with grappling exchanges not too mention intricate chain wrestling. The finish of the match very much solidified the counter wrestling approach as Travis Banks was able to counter Chad Gable as he rolled through for a Chaos Theory instead with a bridging pinning predicament for the victory!

Shepherd: And the winner of the match and still champion Travis Banks!

The crowd cheers as the announcement is made and Travis Banks makes his way to his feet. While Banks begins to celebrate his victory, a disappointed Chad Gable begins to climb to his feet. Banks and Gable then come face to face before slowly Gable reaches out and shakes the champion's hand to a pop from the crowd.

Returning backstage the cameras show us a confrontation in the hallway between
    Charlie Sterling and Josh Bodom. These former friends have a tense stand off as Charlie Sterling makes it clear that he is sick and tired of Bodom not recognizing or acknowledging that this is the real him. Bodom counters that Sterling is still his friend and he knows that he is being manipulated by Eaver. This argument leads to Sterling throwing a punch at Bodom and starts off a fight in the backstage area. Before either man can do much damage to one another, security rushes on the scene to separate them.

It is then we go towards the women's locker room once again where a heated confrontation is taking place as
    Dakota Kai, Millie McKenzie, Kasey Owens and Charlie Morgan have taken things on themselves to confront the House of Couture. This is a tense stand off with a bemused Jinny demanding to know what they want. Speaking up Millie McKenzie reveals that they are all sick of what the House of Couture has been doing lately and challenge them to a match tonight. With a cocky smirk Jinny doesn't hesitate as she accepts the challenge for the House of Couture.

Match Three: Mark Davis vs Shane Thorne - Kyle Fletcher at ringside

Former friends and associates collide as Mark Davis took on Shane Thorne in the next contest of the evening. With Kyle Fletcher watching on from ringside in the hopes that these two can settle their differences, we'd see how the contest very much was dominated by the power of Mark Davis. This would be until a short cut by Shane Thorne who used Kyle Fletcher as a defensive shield allowed Thorne to poke Davis in the eye and take over. The crowd in attendance would boo loudly as Thorne worked over Davis while an unimpressed Kyle Fletcher watched on. Talking trash to Davis about how they were nothing without him, Shane Thorne would then hit the ropes only to be tripped by Kyle Fletcher to a pop from the crowd. This sends Shane stepping forward into a spinning rock bottom by Davis who then makes a cover for the victory.

Shepherd: And the winner of the match Mark Davis!

The crowd in attendance begins to cheer as the announcement is made and Mark Davis gets to his feet in the ring. Davis is soon joined by Kyle Fletcher and the two men embrace before they turn to see Shane Thorne taking a knee. Despite his loss Thorne has a smile on his face while he claps his hands and can be heard saying that this is exactly what he wanted to see from them. Asking them to rejoin him, Thorne offers a hug but instead he is picked up in a bear hug position by Mark Davis while Fletcher hits the ropes. Charging off of the ropes Fletcher runs off and connects with a big leg lariat onto Thorne putting him down on the canvas. With the crowd on their feet, Aussie Open stand tall in the ring.

From here we return to the General Manager's office where a meeting is taking place between
    Katarina Leigh and Wade Barrett. This meeting is tense as Katarina reveals that she was not aware of the stipulation he added to the Women's Championship match. Despite her comment Wade brushes it off with a smile as he simply reveals that he truly wanted to jazz things up for the fans and her reaction only added to it. Changing the subject Wade then informs Katarina that he has made a decision in regards to Fabian Aichner, calling him good for ratings Wade reveals that Aichner will be returning next week to singles action. Before Katarina can respond Wade states that in an effort to pacify Katarina, he will step back and allow her to choose Fabian's opponent.

After this an exclusive interview is played as
    Joanna Rose stands by with Morgan Webster. In this interview Joanna looks to talk to Morgan about his issues with Kenny Williams. Morgan at first keeps his answers to short sentences when Joanna questions how they used to be friend. This got a reaction from Morgan who says that Kenny Williams is not a true friend. He is someone who in his mind only uses people for their worth and then casts them aside. Calling it sick to his stomach that when he got injured, Kenny basically replaced him with Mark Andrews. Morgan then introduces a real friend in Wild Boar. Calling Boar a brother who won't turn his back on a friend, In fact more than that Boar will help him get revenge on those who did.

Match Four: House of Couture (Killer Kelly, April Davids, Laura Di Matteo and Chakara) w/Jinny vs Dakota Kai, Millie McKenzie, Kasey Owens and Charlie Morgan

Chaos very much was the name of the game in the next match as we'd get an 8 woman tag team match featuring the House of Couture against Dakota Kai, Millie McKenzie, Kasey Owens and Charlie Morgan. Unsurprisingly Jinny again elected to take a step back and have Chakara take her place in this bout. A true wild brawl from the off, it seemed that the referee very much gave both teams some leniency as they brawled throughout the arena. The turning point in this match unfortunately for the faces would be a distraction by Jinny on the referee while Xia Brookside came out onto the ramp and met Millie McKenzie with a code breaker. With Millie down, Killer Kelly was able to hit the ring where she and Laura Di Matteo would put down Kasey Owens with a total elimination for the victory.

Shepherd: And the winners of the match The House of Couture!

The crowd boos as the announcement is made and Killer Kelly and Laura Di Matteo stand tall in the ring. Meanwhile at ringside Jinny blindsides Charlie Morgan with a forearm smash to the side of the face putting her down on the floor before she and Chakara begin to kick away at her. In the crowd however we see the brawl between Dakota Kai and April Davids continues. This is until security breaks them up.

As she stands by in the corridor of the building Joanna Rose finds herself standing by the general manager's office when two men leave who are quickly introduced as
    James Tighe and Andrew Simmons aka The Iron Lions. These two veterans of the UK independent scene who Doug Williams is quick to describe as the workhorses having plied their trade for decades just like he did, are quick to reveal that they have just had a meeting with Katarina and Wade Barrett. Andrew Simmons continued to reveal that while they had yet to sign contracts with the brand, thanks to their experience both he and Mr.Tighe know how to get noticed. Which is why they throw a challenge out there to the UK Tag Team Champions the Coffey Brothers!

Having been defeated earlier on in the night, a livid
    Dakota Kai paces back and forth in the locker room before she turns to the camera. More focused and fired up then her usual sweet, soft spoken self. Dakota Kai is fired up as she demands a match against April Davids for next week. Calling Davids nothing more than a hypocrite who wants to justify being nothing more than a bully. Charlie Morgan then joins Dakota Kai on camera, equally riled up Charlie Morgan demands a match against Jinny for next week as she comments that she is sick of Jinny stepping back and putting her intern in harms way.

Main Event: Kassius Ohno vs Zack Gibson vs TJ Perkins ~ King of the Ring ~ Round 1

Finally it was time for the main event of the evening and this would be the final opening round match in the King of the Ring tournament. This was a physical contest between the three men and to no surprise also featured some highly impressive grappling. Unsurprisingly with the three egos involved, there was little in the way of teamwork here as they all clearly just looked to beat the hell out of one another and prove their superiority. The end of the match would see a rare bit of team work as Zack Gibson and TJ Perkins beat Ohno against the ropes before Gibson sent Perkins off into the ropes opposite. Perkins would charge at Ohno only to be backdropped to the floor before Ohno connected with a discus elbow on Gibson for the victory.

Shepherd: And the winner of the match Kassius Ohno!

The crowd reaction is mixed as the announcement is made and Kassius Ohno climbs to his feet. After getting his arm raised, Kassius starts to celebrate his victory while the show begins to come to a close.

(C)WorldWrestlingEntertainment

Hail To The King

Status

good show man great opening between Nox & Rhea I love that you kill two birds here getting wade & katrina tension too i feel like ik where the story goes with it. Kassuis winning is nice and i look forward to seeing him in uk. Gable vs. Banks was a fun match as well.

Spoiler:

Brayden Bridges

Heel Champion

Status

good show man great opening between Nox & Rhea I love that you kill two birds here getting wade & katrina tension too i feel like ik where the story goes with it. Kassuis winning is nice and i look forward to seeing him in uk. Gable vs. Banks was a fun match as well.
    Cheers for the comments dude. Appreciate you taking the time to comment on my show! The opening was a delight to write especially with the adage that Wade added a stipulation to the match without even informing Katarina. The story and dynamic between the two will definitely be something I'll be working on more. Ohno is someone I'm a big fan of so him advancing in the King of the Ring was a defo no brainer for me. Plus I think I've got quite a cool opponent lined up for him in the next round. Cheers once again man. Really appreciate you taking the time to comment!

Heel Champion

Status

King of The Ring quarter final Matches revealed!

With it's opening round now concluded, the second round of the King of the Ring tournament has now been unveiled. The matches are as followed...

Buddy Murphy vs Mark Andrews
    Kassius Ohno vs Pete Dunne
    Keith Lee vs Jordan Devlin
    Trent Seven vs Tyler Bate

Heel Champion

Status

WWE United Kingdom Brand ~ Episode 057 - The next Level
    Wrexham, Wales
    20/12/18

Dusted by Astroid Boys begins to play as this latest edition of the UK Brand kicks off with a video package highlighting the previous show. Starting out we'd see how Tegan Nox and Rhea Ripley learned that their title match would be Last Women Standing before the video shifted to the Coffey Brothers as well as Travis Banks retaining their titles. After this the video ended with Kassius Ohno advancing in the King of the Ring before this week's show opened up from Wrexham, Wales. After panning round the crowd, the cameras took us to ringside where Doug Williams and John Gooden were standing by to promote this latest show before sending us to the ring for our opening match.

Match One: Kay Lee Ray vs Toni Storm

Kicking off the night was singles action in the women's division as Kay Lee Ray took on Toni Storm in what was billed as a battle of respect. Still unbeaten since coming to the UK Brand, Kay Lee Ray looked down on her opponent which proved to be a mistake as the fiery Storm very much gave her a fight. This hands down was Kay Lee Ray's toughest match yet as both women were able to hit one another with some of their best shots leading up until a shocking conclusion which saw Toni Storm counter a Gory bomb and hit a code red variation for a shocking victory.

Shepherd: And the winner of the match Toni Storm!

The crowd cheers loudly as the announcement is made and Toni Storm gets to her feet in the ring. After having her arm raised, Toni turns to see a groggy Kay Lee Ray pulling herself to her feet. Offering a handshake out of respect to her opponent, Toni is dismayed as Kay Lee shakes her head before rolling out of the ring and storming backstage.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

An interview taped from earlier in the day is then played as we see Joanna Rose sitting down with the UK Women's Champion Tegan Nox. For this exclusive interview Joanna Rose looks to get word with Tegan Nox about her match with Rhea Ripley at the UK Showcase 4 as well as what she thinks on the Last Woman Standing stipulation. Tegan very much is all business in this interview as she talks about her dislike for Rhea Ripley. Admitting that usually even if she doesn't particularly like an opponent, Tegan still has respect for them. But in this case she hates Rhea and doesn't respect her, which is why she relishes the stipulation as she gets to put Rhea down once and for all!

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

With that the cameras direct us towards the locker room area where both Kyle Fletcher and Mark Davis are standing by. The Aussie Open duo seem to be in high spirits as they talk about how great it feels for them to be finally rid of Shane Thorne once and for all. Calling Shane a con man who sold them on a pack of lies in an effort to take a piece of them and ride their success. Davis and Fletcher promise that they are a duo who learn from their mistakes and now that they are fully focused they will show the world just who Aussie Open really are!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Match Two: 198 (Flash Morgan Webster & Wild Boar) vs Locals

Having introduced the world to his friend and tag team partner last week, it was time for Morgan Webster and Wild Boar to step into the ring for their tag team debut against a pair of local competitors. This was very much a showcase match for the duo referring to themselves as the 198. A perfect blend of speed and power it was clear that Webster very much was the smug, talker of the duo while Boar acted as the bully and the muscle. After only a few minutes it would be a Russian leg sweep/running clothesline combination from the pair which got them the victory.

Shepherd: And the winners of the match The 198!

The crowd boos loudly as the announcement is made and Morgan Webster gets to his feet in the ring. Standing tall along with Wold Boar, Webster and his tag team partner get their arms raised in the air before the still jeering crowd.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

With that we are directed towards the general managers office where both Katarina Leigh and Wade Barrett are standing by. A few moments pass before Fabian Aichner walks into the office. Going by her expression, Katarina is unable to hide her disgust in regards to Aichner as he stands a few feet away from her. Before she can talk however Wade speaks up and thanks him for joining them. It is then Wade turns to Katarina and reminds her that Fabian is here as he has a match tonight and that she was allowed to pick his opponent, slowly Katarina nods her head before she says that his opponent has already been selected and it will be Luke Menzies.

Match Three: Dakota Kai vs April Davids w/The House of Couture

Match three of the evening would be women's action as Dakota Kai battled April Davids in a grudge match. This was unsurprisingly a physical collision with neither Davids or Kai shying away from throwing some heavy blows at one another. Towards the end of the match, it appeared that April Davids had the match in the bag thanks to the repeated interference of the House of Couture. This would be until a cornered Kai managed to catch a running Davids with a kick to the face which staggered her and allowed her to follo up with the Kairopractor for the victory.

Shepherd: And the winner of the match Dakota Kai!

The crowd cheers as the announcement is made yet this adulation would soon be cut short as Kai would be jumped from behind by Killer Kelly and Laura Di Matteo. As Jinny watched on from ringside, Kelly and Laura would prepare Dakota for a total elimination when Charli Morgan came running down to the ring with a chair. The Female Fight Club was quick to bail from the ring while Morgan began waving for Jinny to get in so they could start their match.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Clips from last week's show then play highlighting the actions of both of the believers of Eaver. Once the video comes to an end, we see Bill Eaver standing by with both Charlie Sterling and Xia Brookside. Eaver has a creepy smile on his face as he praises both of his charges for taking charge last week and showing that today is the best day of their lives for they have chosen to take what is theres as opposed to live in the past. Yet Eaver's speech is soon cut off when both Charlie and Xia are attacked by Josh Bodom and Millie McKenzie respectively. This is only a short yet heated brawl which is quickly split up by security while Eaver calmly watches on.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Footage filmed from earlier in the night is then played as we see the UK Tag Team Champions Mark Coffey and Joe Coffey arrive to the building. Yet as they make their way through the parking lot they are confronted by the duo of Andrew Simmons and James Tighe. The iron lions face off with the champs as they remark that they have heard the Coffey's claim to be fighting champions. With that they challenge the Coffeys to a match for next week's show with the titles on the line. Without any hesitation Mark Coffey accepts the challenge before the two teams stare down.

Match Four: Jinny vs Charli Morgan

Having waved her into the ring, the next match of the night would see Charli Morgan get her crack at Jinny. As we'd be shown between the brief time away from ringside, the house of Couture had been run off by Dakota Kai, Kasey Owens and Toni Storm meaning this match was straight up one on one. This was an action packed grudge match with the gutsy Morgan faring well against the sadistic Jinny when in a shocking upset Charli Morgan would counter a Touch of Couture attempt before she caught Jinny with a superkick for the victory.

Shepherd: And the winner of the match Charli Morgan!

The crowd are on their feet as they explode into cheers, Charli Morgan has her arm raised in the air by the referee to a loud pop before the cameras take us to ringside where a pissed off Jinny begins to take a knee.

After the match is over, the cameras direct us to the general manager's office where Wade Barrett is standing by. After a few seconds pass Travis Banks walks into the room. Things between Barrett and Banks seem rather uneasy as Banks demands to know why he hasn't been given the match with Aichner for tonight. Before he can continue however, Wade comments that wasn't his decision actually.. it was Katarina's. Banks is seething on hearing this as Wade then informs him that because of the risk to tonight's match, he has a team of security waiting to escort Banks out of the building.

Having made her arrival at the building Rhea Ripley immediately begins to make a beeline towards the building when she comes face to face with her opponent for later on this evening Gisele Shaw. The young rookie Shaw seems very excited to be making her debut tonight as she offers Rhea Ripley her admiration. Rhea for her part seems amused by this as Shaw then offers her a handshake. Surprisingly Rhea accepts it before she cheap shots Shaw with a headbutt! Shaw goes down and Rhea Ripley then begins to viciously pummel her culminating with Rhea spine bustering Gisele through a nearby catering table.

Match Five: Fabian Aichner vs Luke Menzies

This match having been put together earlier by Katarina Leigh had a lot of eyes on it as Fabian Aichner battled her associate Luke Menzies. A clash of two burly powerhouses, it was no surprise that this hoss battle featured some heavy blows in the early going. Despite his lack of ring time Luke Menzies would impress until Fabian Aichner connected with that vicious dropkick he has become known for. Menzies was practically out on his feet and it wouldn't be much longer after for Aichner to finish things with a power bomb.
    Shepherd: And the winner of the match Fabian Aichner!

Climbing to his feet Fabian Aichner is met with a mixed response by the crowd, remaining stoic and not that bothered about his victory Aichner neglects to have his arm raised as he leaves the ring. As the referee begins to check on Menzies, we see at ringside Aichner walk over to the commentary table where he states that yet again the GM is trying to protect Travis Banks from the real champion!

Now in the medic's office following her assault at the hands of Rhea Ripley, a groggy Gisele Shaw is being tended to by a medic when an irate Katarina Leigh storms into the room. Livid at the attack as she hears that Gisele can no longer compete tonight, Katarina asks if she is OK as slowly Wade Barrett also enters the room. Angrily Katarina promises that Rhea will be punished for this only for Gisele to speak up and state that more than ever she wants a piece of Rhea now. Before Katarina can respond, Wade then speaks as he states that next week then it will be Gisele Shaw vs Rhea Ripley!

Main Event: Buddy Murphy vs Mark Andrews ~ King of The Ring ~ Quarter Final

Finally it was time for the main event of the evening and it would be a King of the Ring quarterfinal match as Cruiserweight Champion Buddy Murphy battled Mark Andrews. To say this match cut a blistering pace would be an understatement as both men went out of their way to wow the crowd in attendance. While Andrews may have had a slight speed edge, the power was fully in Buddy's favor who at points was able to rag doll Mark. Reaching the 15 minute mark both men were perched on the top rope as Buddy Murphy looked for a superplex only to be shocking countered with a stun dog millionaire off the top! The crowd would roar as a weakened Andrews slowly made a cover for a razor thin near fall. Looking to finish things off, Andrews made the climb up the turn buckles before jumping off for a shooting star press only to land across the knees of Murphy. With Andrews hurt bad, Murphy had the where with all to follow up with the Murphy's Law for the victory!

Shepherd: And the winner of the match Buddy Murphy!

The crowd in attendance boos the result as slowly Buddy Murphy is able to get onto his knees. With a cocky smirk Murphy is up on his feet and he gets his arm raised before we are shown clips of this thrilling collision. The show then comes to a close with the Cruiserweight Champion holding his championship high up in the air.

THE HEARTBREAK KID

Status
      Country                    Portugal

Just been getting up to date with this dude- just wanted to let you know I'm reading along and enjoying the ride.

Standout for me is the GM tensions which is intriguing and the King of the Ring which has gone down awesomely so far and seems tailored made for NXT UK.

My semi-finals picks are Buddy Murphy, Pete Dunne, Devilin & Tyler Bate.

I'd love to see Keith Lee advance but I think you will give Devilin the shine. Idea of Bate meeting Trent within the tournament after their storied history is pretty awesome and perhaps going to be the standout match of the tournament.

Still backing Pete Dunne! Dunne vs Banks at Showcase 4 in Cardiff would be so sweet. Champion vs King. I like it.

"LET ME IN.."

Thread Information