Page 16 of 16 FirstFirst ... 6141516

Thread: WWE United Kingdom Brand

Heel Champion

Status
      Country                    England

Re: WWE United Kingdom Brand

UK Brand updates - Showcase Sydney Updates
    Following the news of several suspensions being made yesterday due to unacceptable behavior by UK Brand performers. We know now another talent joining this list is UK Performance Center recruit Lucas Steele. A stand out prospect from the Performance Center, Steele similar to the others mentioned will be indefinitely suspended pending investigation. We also now are aware that Jack Gallagher has been sent home as well having been placed under investigation. What this means for his bout with Webster is yet to be known but we are aware the promotion is clamoring to keep Webster on the card. The same can be said for Wolfgang who has been removed from the card following some news brought to light. Again with all cases, these talents will be reviewed and assessed before either being released or brought back.

Another name undergoing a suspension now for inappropriate behavior is that of Bea Priestley. The female superstar had made her debut on the brand a few months ago and was in the middle of a storyline with Dakota Kai and Kasey Owens. This of course was with tag team partner Jamie Hayter. Rather than completely remove the story from television, we know the UK Brand is currently searching for a replacement for Hayter to be paired with. Two names mentioned so far as potential replacements are Teal Piper and Sadie Gibbs.

At the same time there is some light already on the horizon for the UK Brand as we know that changes have already been made for the brand's benefit and for it's future. The first of which we know is that effective immediately 205 Live's Noam Dar will be joining the UK Brand on full time basis. The Scottish Supernova has long been on the brand's radar and is someone seen as a big player for the UK Brand over the coming future.

Finally for some big news with the UK Brand losing the main event of it's Showcase following the suspension of Jordan Devlin. We know that a big decision has been made not only to salvage but improve upon the card while also bolster the brand following these losses of some of their high profile talent. That a big name replacement has been signed to not only compete against Fabian Aichner but also become an official member of the brand until further notice...

Updated Showcase Sydney Card

Timothy Thatcher (c) vs Steve Xavier ~ Commonwealth Championship Match

Clement Petiot, James Drake, Kip Sabian, Marcel Barthel and Zack Gibson vs Ilja Dragunov, Mark Andrews, Rampage Brown, Tyson T-Bone and ????

Aussie Open (Adam Brooks, Kyle Fletcher and Mark Davis) vs The Mighty (Brendan Vink, Bronson Reed and Shane Thorne) - Losers Must disband

??? vs Flash Morgan Webster

Kassius Ohno vs Spike Trivet

Kenny Williams vs Michael OKU

Toni Storm vs Emma

Tegan Nox (c) vs Jinny ~ UK Women's Championship Match

British Strong Style (Pete Dunne and Trent Seven) (c) vs Sanity ~ UK Tag Team Championship Match ~ TLC Match

Fabian Aichner (c) vs Finn Balor ~ UK Championship Match
    Last edited by Shade; 06-19-2020 at 10:05 AM. Reason: Edited for Jack Gallagher and Wolfgang

Hail To The King

Status
      Country                    United States

Balor hell yea!

Spoiler:

CWA World Heavyweight Champion
    ​Brayden Bridges

Charismatic Enigma

Status

Dropping by to just put it out here how much I respect I have for dropping a lot right now with all the terrible things that are coming to the light. I was going to say I am expecting something like a champion versus champion with someone from US, Mexico, or Japan to face Aichner. But man Balor is a great choice! Gutted a lot of your hard-work and building has to go through some changes now, but I expect it will come out for the better in the long game here Shade. Still hyped for Sydney!
    Now Writing
    WWE 2016: Claim Your Throne

Heel Champion

Status

Quote Originally Posted by OMB View Post
    Balor hell yea!
    Glad you like it man. Got to give the shout out to Looking Glass. Me and him were talking about what I should do and he suggested Balor to me who I think is a perfect fit.

Quote Originally Posted by Rasky View Post
    Dropping by to just put it out here how much I respect I have for dropping a lot right now with all the terrible things that are coming to the light. I was going to say I am expecting something like a champion versus champion with someone from US, Mexico, or Japan to face Aichner. But man Balor is a great choice! Gutted a lot of your hard-work and building has to go through some changes now, but I expect it will come out for the better in the long game here Shade. Still hyped for Sydney!
    Cheers for the kind words man. This definitely has been a challenging situation to say the least. As honestly I just wouldn't have felt right keeping all these guys on the show with the stories what have come out. Honestly bringing in stars from the other brands was something I did think about but with me keeping World's Collide on the calendar down the line. I didn't want to lesson the impact by doing champion vs champion right now. Balor definitely is the perfect replacement and as I said to OMB, his inclusion was a great idea Looking Glass come up with. I think the one positive I can take despite the fact so far I've lost 9 people is that it's a shake up which will force me to freshen things up some. The good news is I've already found some suitable replacements I feel for some of those gone. Just a case now of changing up my long term planning and practically starting from scratch. When I get the show up, I hope you enjoy it!

Admin in Lockdown

Status

Really awkward position to be put in as a writer (even though big picture we're so insignificant to what's going on atm), but I've gotta respect the quick decision to remove some big people from your roster. Finn Balor is someone I'm surprised you haven't brought into the project before what with him dropping to NXT in general.

Heel Champion

Status

Quote Originally Posted by Ed View Post
    Really awkward position to be put in as a writer (even though big picture we're so insignificant to what's going on atm), but I've gotta respect the quick decision to remove some big people from your roster. Finn Balor is someone I'm surprised you haven't brought into the project before what with him dropping to NXT in general.
    Cheers for the comments man. It was definitely a tough one to really go back and forth on. Especially as like you said it, we are just guys writing shows on an internet forum. Whether we use them or not, doesn't truly make a difference to the world. But same time for me, it just didn't feel right for me to have the guys mentioned at the top of my BTB. I said it in the discussion thread, the only person I could possibly make an exception for is Tyler Bate. As so far I haven't really seen him accused of anything that bad. As for Balor honestly with you mate, I genuinely had never considered using him full time like this until Looking Glass threw it out there to me. He made an appearance before but like you said, the timing considering him dropping to NXT around this time is perfect.
    Last edited by Shade; 06-20-2020 at 12:45 AM.

Heel Champion

Status

New UK Brand addition confirmed!

After a tumultuous week for the WWE United Kingdom Brand which has seen many talents either depart the promotion or be indefinitely suspended thanks to a variety of inappropriate behavior. We now know that in what continues to be the brand attempting to rebuild that a new signing has been confirmed. This will be for none other than Joe Hendry. The popular Scottish Star has has garnered himself a lot of attention over the past few years thanks to his creative entrance videos and also participation in the Commonwealth Games. We know similar to Ilja Dragunov that Hendry will be making his arrival at Showcase Sydney.

Underdog

Status

As others have said I love the additions that you have added to the thread. Now personally I feel Aichner is probably one of the best if not best booked superstars in all of WC. With that said I would love to see him get the win against Balor.

As for the rest of Sydney maybe with the added name of Hendry maybe we see him against Flash Morgan Webster. If not maybe added to that huge tag match.

I've waited patiently to get to Sydney Showcase and cannot wait to read and review the show mate! Good luck

-ICONIC-

Heel Champion

Status

Quote Originally Posted by RatedR31 View Post
    As others have said I love the additions that you have added to the thread. Now personally I feel Aichner is probably one of the best if not best booked superstars in all of WC. With that said I would love to see him get the win against Balor.

As for the rest of Sydney maybe with the added name of Hendry maybe we see him against Flash Morgan Webster. If not maybe added to that huge tag match.

I've waited patiently to get to Sydney Showcase and cannot wait to read and review the show mate! Good luck
    Cheers for the comments mate. I really appreciate it dude. I think in total honesty had it have been any other showcase before this these problems come up. I don't think I'd have been as capable in regards to how I've managed to pull through it. What has definitely helped me in regards to this one is the news that I already had some main roster refugees coming in to help get the numbers up because I've already had to lose another developmental standout Scotty Davis and the more I hear about Seven's story the weirder I find it. So I'm thankful with this Showcase that I'd already had penned the likes of Shelton Benjamin, EC3, Gulak, Kanellis, Nese, Lorcan and Burch not too mention the Iconics as roster members following.

Thank you for saying that about Aichner to me. He genuinely is one of my favorite individuals to write for and obviously with everything that has happened, I've been forced to change a lot of things for my plans. You could say in what is quite the refreshing twist for me with this. As honestly I've got plans so far going all the way up to showcase 10. I've been forced to undergo full rewrites if not completely deleting and changing stories. This does include what I have in store for Aichner because I genuinely believe very soon, you'll probably see his best work! Working on Showcase as we speak. Hoping I can get it up within the week and when it's up. I hope you enjoy it!

Le Champion

Status
      Country                    Scotland

JOE HENDRY!

"local hero"

Fab addition mate.

Hail To The King

Status

Spoiler:

​Brayden Bridges

Heel Champion

Status

(Want to say thank you to OBEY for making this sweet graphic for me.)

WWE United Kingdom Brand

presents
    Episode #98
    Showcase: Sydney

21/09/19
    Sydney, New South Wales, Australia

Dark Match: Oney Lorcan and Danny Burch defeated Sean Kustom and Gabriel Kidd

Dark Match: Xia Brookside defeated Jessica Troy

"15 Minutes of Fame" by Citizen Soldier plays as the show begins with a video package detailing some of the key events in the run up towards Showcase Sydney. This includes focus on SANITY's win during the British Bulldog Tag Team Classic followed by several of their brawls with British Strong Style. From here we'd witness the transformation undertaken by Kenny Williams leading to his collision with Michael OKU before finally we'd see Tegan Nox running through the House of Couture to set up this battle with Jinny. With that Showcase Sydney officially opens up before a raucous crowd in attendance. Standing by to great viewers from home are the pairing of Doug Williams and John Gooden who promote the night in front of them before sending us into the ring for the opening contest.
    Match #1: Kenny Williams vs Michael OKU

Opening up the show would be an energetic sprint between Kenny Williams and Michael OKU. Looking to prove something to the world and Kenny Williams for his first Showcase Michael OKU was full of fire in the early going taking the fight right to Kenny Williams. Looking as good as he had as part of the UK Brand, Michael OKU would even hit a series of suicide dives onto Williams at one stage to the delight of the crowd.

Unfortunately we'd soon see why these moves are deemed high risk as one side step by Williams saw OKU crash and burn allowing Williams opportunity to get back into the match as he begins to torture OKU on the outside of the ring. From here the match would head back to the ring with Kenny still dominating as he appeared to be enjoying the screams of pain coming from OKU as he targeted his right arm and shoulder.

This was until OKU was able to start making a comeback throwing punches with his good arm before following up with a series of clothesline. Yet it would be the damage done to his arm which cost him as OKU couldn't hold Kenny up for a suplex attempt allowing Williams to drop down behind him before he attempted to escape the ring. Seemingly caught off guard by the fight being brought to him, Williams looked to escape but he was cut off by OKU who joined him on the apron.

Punches flew back and forth between the two until OKU had Williams reeling with a superkick to the jaw. His opponent hurt OKU shockingly this time attempted to use one arm as he hoisted Williams in the air potentially for an apron brainbuster. Kenny however was able to use the ropes for support to drop back down on the apron before shoving OKU back and shoulder first into the ring post.

Screaming out in pain having hit his shoulder on the post OKU steps forward into a leaping kick to the shoulder which puts him on a knee briefly. Seeing OKU is hurt, a sick smirk appears on Williams face as he barks that OKU wanted this. With OKU making it to his feet Kenny proceeds to spike him into the ring apron with a Satellite DDT! The crowd in attendance look on with horror as OKU is spiked head first into the apron before remaining on the apron in a heap.

Pushing OKU into the ring Kenny Williams has a confident smirk on his face knowing that his opponent is done. Yet rather than make the cover on his unconscious foe, Kenny instead clamps on a vicious kimura submission right on the injured arm. His opponent still out it would be down for referee Thomas Scarborough to call for the bell.

Spoiler:

Shepherd: And the winner of the match Kenny Williams!
    Spoiler:

There are boos from the audience mixed in with a lot of concern for Michael OKU as Kenny Williams takes his sweet time to release the submission hold. Finally relinquishing the hold, Kenny goes as far as to walk over Michael OKU as he demands the referee raise his hand in victory before checking on his opponent. Before a booing audience Williams gets his arm raised in victory while Doug Williams blasts Kenny for an uncalled for finish on an already injured opponent.

~ The Gold Standard ~

With his first match as part of the UK Brand coming up shortly Shelton Benjamin finds himself joined by Frankie B for a quick interview. The longtime veteran of the sport is quickly asked what has brought him to the UK Brand and Shelton is quick to respond that he has come here to face in his opinion the best competition that the world has to offer! As the interview continues Shelton begins to talk and address his length career and it's ups and downs.

Acknowledging that he knows his career is steadily coming closer to it's end, Shelton says that he believes he is still capable of becoming champion. This is why he wants to begin tonight as he means to go on as part of the UK Brand by competing against the best the brand has to offer in an effort to prove he can get to the top of the mountain. So in regards to tonight Shelton reveals that he will be the man competing against "Flash" Morgan Webster!

~ A line in the sand ~

Set to the tune of "Tomorrow we fight" by Tommee Profitt. A promo package plays highlighting the main event collision between Finn Balor and Fabian Aichner. The video would begin with highlights of the reigning UK Champion's more controversial moments not too mention impressive victories. Throughout these clips we also hear a pretaped promo by Fabian Aichner. During this promo the confident champion spoke about how on his own back he has taken over the UK Brand. Calling himself the changing force of the UK Brand, Fabian Aichner takes credit for getting people talking about a little indy promotion the WWE started and getting more eyes on it than it ever could have imagined.

Remarking he did this by not waiting in line and being honored to simply be apart of the WWE. Fabian states that he come to the UK Brand instead to take what he felt he deserved. Stating that he finds it ironic that the people villifying him for taking what he wanted are the ones who are happy to be stuck in line talking about what an honor and a privilege it is to be here. This turns Fabian onto his opponent Finn Balor. Stating that in his mind there are two Finn Balor's, one being the Finn Balor who showed up in NXT while the other being the Finn Balor on the main roster.

Fabian Aichner cites that Finn Balor in NXT was a man after his own heart. A man who didn't sit back and just enjoy the scenery. A man who pushed forward and took what he wanted and a man who in all honestly he'd have been quite anxious about facing tonight. Yet he knows that isn't the case because that Finn Balor is dead! Now in his place is the happy Finn Balor who is accepting of his spot as second fiddle. Calling this Finn Balor an entertainer who has lost the hunger and drive he once had which made him fearsome. Fabian Aichner reminds everyone that he previously promised tonight would be an execution and while his opponent changed, what doesn't change is that he is a man of his word! The execution order for tonight still stands!

In response to this the video switches to focus on Finn Balor and his career as part of both NXT and Monday Night Raw. A focused Balor is very open in his part of this promo as he talks about his many highs and many lows he has experienced with the WWE. Calling his run with the WWE so far both a dream and a nightmare. Finn Balor refers to his time in NXT as a dream come true. Talking of his battles with the likes of Kevin Owens, Samoa Joe and Shinsuke Nakamura. Finn truly believed that at that point in time he was on the very top of his game!

Talk then turns to his run on the main roster and Finn remarks that he remembers the day he was a first round draft pick for Mick Foley. He immediately felt a pressure on his shoulders to deliver. Calling his first Raw and his win over Roman Reigns one of the biggest nights he has ever experienced in his life. Looking back fondly at these moments Finn remarks that he always felt he delivered best under extreme pressure and this was shown when he defeated Seth Rollins to become the first ever universal champion.

The smile soon fades however as the story takes a dark turn as we cover Balor's injury which forced him to forfeit his championship. Calling the situation an absolutely heart breaking experience for him. Finn calls getting to the top of the mountain only to have the rug pulled out from under him heart breaking. Citing that for a long while following this it took him a lot of time to get over that heart break. Admitting that this heart break and the adversity of the injury he suffered very much took a toll on him. Finn makes it clear that he is aware he didn't seem the same as he did from his NXT days.

Talking openly about his demons and the beast inside of himself. Balor's frustration about the remainder of the rest of his main event run is emphasised by him saying he went from a first round draft to a mid card player in only a few years. But rather than let it beat him instead he used it as motivation to reawaken the demons inside of him. Promising to be on the top of his game, Finn Balor makes it clear that he has come to the UK Brand for a rebirth and that rebirth will see him again end up with an entire brand on his shoulders and it's top prize around his waist.

Finally Finn turned his attention to the UK Champion Fabian Aichner. Calling Fabian an impressive physical specimen who has been on his radar ever since he first appeared on the UK Brand. Finn remarks that this is a match that he had been getting mentally prepared for a while now. However as Finn remarks every opponent Aichner has had has been intimidated of the man and what he is capable of. Yet tonight Aichner is going to be someone who has done more than fought monsters in the past. He's going to be facing a man who is a monster himself. Closing out this interview Balor issues the warning to Aichner that tonight he will go from predator to prey. Tonight the hunter becomes the hunted!

Match #2: Timothy Thatcher (c) w/Malcolm Bivens vs Steve Xavier - Commonwealth Championship

Match Two of the evening was for the Commonwealth Championship and unlike many of his previous opponents Timothy Thatcher here had a real fight on his hands. Going after the champion right from the bell Steve Xavier would blast Thatcher with a mafia kick to the jaw right from the off. Firing off all manner of punches and shots to the champion, a snapmare by Xavier followed in a surprising bit of wrestling. This would then be followed by a kick right to the face by Xavier.

Eventually having been overwhelmed by the fight of his opponent Timothy Thatcher would exit out to the floor. A big suicide dive however would follow by Xavier who began to take the fight to the champion at ringside. Now in his comfort zone outside of the ring, Xavier continued to take the fight to the champion. A big moment however gave Thatcher an attempt to get back into the battle as he blocked a ringside tornado ddt by Xavier.

Shoving Xavier against the ring apron before he'd pummel Steve with european uppercuts, Thatcher followed with a belly to belly suplex on the floor. Looking to punish his foe as they returned to the ring Thatcher attempted a half crab only to have his challenger fire off a series of upkicks to the face of the champion. This would only piss Thatcher off as he dove down onto Xavier drilling him with an elbow to the face.

Taking a mount position on his foe Thatcher tries to punish his foe before he attempts an armbar submission hold. However what he doesn't expect is Xavier to roll through and get back to his feet before he lands several nasty kicks to Thatcher's back returning the favor from earlier. A dropkick to the side of Thatcher's head follows before Xavier makes a cover for a near fall.

Depite Malcolm Bivens' screams to not fight this man a pissed off Thatcher would rise to his feet and drill Xavier with a forearm. John Gooden on commentary would call this the dog fight Xavier thrives in as Thatcher started firing off some open handed strikes until Xavier caught him with a flying knee. With his opponent stunned Xavier climbed the turnbuckle but during his leap off Thatcher caught him on the way down with a leaping uppercut.

Surprisingly showing some agility of his own Thatcher followed up with an enzugiri kick to the back of the head. This stunned Xavier and allowed Thatcher to follow with a saito suplex dropping Xavier on his head. Dragging his opponent to his feet a butterfly suplex follows on Steve before he makes a cover. Showing some heart Xavier barely gets a shoulder up only for Thatcher to snag his arm and pull him onto his stomach in a fujiwara armbar. Seething and practically frothing from the mouth Thatcher cranks on the hold until Steve is forced to tap out!

Spoiler:

Shepherd: And the winner of the match Timothy Thatcher!

The crowd in attendance erupts into boos as the announcement is made and Timothy Thatcher doesn't release the hold. In fact he doesn't let go until he is forcibly removed by several referees and officials. Backing up against the ropes Thatcher is soon patted on the back by an absolutely beaming Malcolm Bivens. Leaving the ring Thatcher is handed his championship by Malcolm Bivens and the pair walk up the ramp before disappearing backstage.

~ Class Divide ~

Standing on his own in the hallway of the building a rather frustrated Spike Trivet is soon joined by Joanna Rose for an exclusive interview. Beginning this interview with the news that because of the barbaricism of one Kassius Ohno. His associate Ridge Holland is still in the hospital. Branding the actions of Kassius Ohno a disgrace and something so foul. Spike Trivet mentions that it is because of the vast class divide between them that he could not even comprehend or consider something participating in such an uncouth act.

Admitting perhaps that upsetting people is his greatest skill Spike Trivet then rather uncharacteristically starts to apologise to Kassius Ohno and the UK Brand fans. Because in his words it's not his fault that the public school system hasn't taught you commoners how to behave amongst their betters. Stating that he sees individuals like Ohno going up and down the road in a cheap car wrestling in little buildings. Trivet almost sees him as a monkey using tools for the first time.

Because in his words this is Ohno's first real time in the spotlight. Whereas Trivet has been born in it and lived in it his entire life. In fact he has probably thrown away one or two things worth more money than Kassius Ohno has earned his entire career. Further apologising to Kassius Ohno for what he'll do to him tonight. Spike Trivet promises that he will pick at the carcass of Kassius Ohno until there is nothing left of his pathetic, bland career. Before he can continue in this verbal mockery however Trivet surprisingly finds himself confronted by EC3. As the two men face off EC3 remarks much to Trivet's annoyance that as the True Top 1% he knows a pretender when he sees one. With that EC3 walks off of shot as a seething Spike Trivet watches on.

~ A declaration of War ~

Just before we head back to the ring the cameras take us to the women's locker room where Dakota Kai and Kasey Owens are in the middle of conversation. Both women seem to be fired up as they talk about their current saga with Jamie Hayter. Here we learn that next week Dakota Kai will get a chance to settle the score with Jamie Hayter. Asking Kasey if she can have her back. Without hesitation Kasey Owens promises she will much to Kai's relief.

Match #3: The Foreign Legion (Clement Petiot and Marcel Barthel) & The Grizzled Young Veterans (James Drake, Kip Sabian and Zack Gibson) vs Mark Andrews, Rampage Brown, Ilja Dragunov, Tyson T-Bone and Joe Hendry

Tag Team Action would be up next for the evening and it featured not one but two high profile debuts as Joe Hendry and Ilja Dragunov made their first foray was part of the UK Brand. Of the two we'd get a look at Joe Hendry first as the Scottish Native who engaged in some grappling sequences with both Marcel Barthel and Clement Petiot. It wouldn't be too long however for the scientific part of the bout to end when both Rampage Brown and Tyson T-Bone were tagged in the bout.

The bruising monster Rampage Brown stood out throughout as he mowed down everyone in his path. Throwing all three members of the Grizzled Young Veterans around the ring with all manner of suplexes, Brown would only be cut off when the numbers game truly paid dividends. With the heels taking over we'd very much see the group of villains isolating and attempting to eliminate their opposition.

It would begin with them managing to isolate Tyson T-Bone at ringside. The brawler would valiantly try and fight off the numbers game unfortunately he would be driven into the steel entrance ramp with a helter skelter by Gibson. This would put Andrews and his team down to a 5 on 4 disadvantage. As the match progressed we'd finally get a look at the debuting Ilja Dragunov who quickly won over the audience in attendance by putting himself at ring on a big suicide dive.

Dragunov would then continue to impress fans with his offense as he took the fight to Kip Sabian in the ring. Meanwhile at ringside we'd see Tyson T-Bone having slowly recovered from his injuries join Rampage Brown in attacking The Foreign Legion at ringside. With things starting to even up, chaos would only continue to resume with Kip Sabian driving Dragunov into the canvas with a reverse STO.

We'd then see Zack Gibson and James Drake plant Rampage Brown with the ticket to ride. But before anything could happen Zack Gibson would be driven into the canvas with a spinning side walk slam by T-Bone. Unfortunately for T-Bone a superkick by Kip Sabian sent him tumbling out to the floor. Ever the daredevil Mark Andrews possibly gave us the spot of the night soon after as he leapt from the turnbuckles with a shooting star press out to the floor on the foreign legion pair of Barthel and Petiot.

This left things down to Hendry and Dragunov against Sabian and Drake. Unsurprisingly it didn't take long for their experience as a duo to allow Sabian and Drake to catch over with Drake throwing Dragunov out onto the apron. From here Sabian and Drake readied Hendry for a Mayhem DDT from Drake when out of nowhere Dragunov reentered the ring with a torpedo Moscow on Drake! Climbing to his feet Dragunov then blasted Sabian with a clothesline which sent him staggering back into a fall away slam by Hendry. As the crowd cheered Hendry then locked in a grape vine ankle lock on Sabian in the center of the ring! With nowhere to go Kip Sabian is forced to tap out!

Spoiler:

Shepherd: And the winners of the match Ilja Dragunov, Joe Hendry, Mark Andrews, Rampage Brown and Tyson T-Bone!

There are loud cheers from the audience in attendance as the announcement is made. Releasing the hold Joe climbs to his feet while the referee stands by. The referee then raises both Hendry and Dragunov's arms in the air as slowly they are joined in the ring by Brown, T-Bone and Andrews. The group all seem to be ecstatic with their victory with Rampage Brown quite uncharacteristally showing some respect to Ilja Dragunov before leaving the ring. With 4 remaining we'd see Andrews, T-Bone, Hendry and Dragunov all continue to celebrate their win much to the crowd's delight.

~ Bad News ~

The cameras then direct us towards the general managers' office where Wade Barrett is standing by. Shown to be in quite the upbeat mood Wade has a smile on his face as he is joined by an anxious Mark Coffey. Patting the former tag team champion on the shoulder Wade begins this meeting by thanking him for still coming to this meeting. Looking to cut right to the chase Mark Coffey passionately talks about what his job with the UK Brand means to him personally and how much he's wanted to compete with the WWE.

Admitting that lately for one reason or another the world has not quite seen his best results, Mark asks for one last chance to prove himself to Wade that he deserves his place on the roster. Nodding his head as he clasps his hands together Wade surprisingly seems to be won over by Coffey's speech. Crediting him for his candor Wade reveals that a decision had already been personally made by him and that decision is final. The decision being that Mark Coffey can still compete as part of the UK Brand!

This puts a smile on Mark Coffey's face as he is clearly relieved with this news. However Wade isn't finished because in his words while yes Mark Coffey can still remain as part of the brand. Wade truly believes that Mark's best success can still come as part of the tag team division. This is why he has personally recruited Mark a new tag team partner! As Mark watches on the door to the office opens once again before his new tag team partner is revealed to be... Noam Dar!

~ Who are you? ~

Following his win earlier this evening a jubilant Kenny Williams looks dressed up for a night on the town as he heads to the locker room. On arrival Kenny seeks out Mark Andrews who is not long removed from a victory of his own. With a big smile on his face Kenny wraps his arms around Andrews in an embrace but Andrews for his part doesn't seem interested in celebrating as he soon pulls himself away. Williams for his part seems taken aback by this as Andrews asks him what he wants from him.

Kenny appears confused about Andrews' reaction as he asks him what the hostile reaction is about. Unable to hide his disgust Mark Andrews says that what he saw out in that ring tonight from Kenny made him sick to his stomach. Trying to walk away from Kenny, Mark is spun around by Williams who barks at him not to turn his back on him. Andrews however fires back saying he has nothing left to say because the man he considered his best friend in the business, isn't the man he is looking at anymore!

Match #4: Emma vs Toni Storm

A heated grudge match would then take place for the next bout of the evening as Emma took on Toni Storm. To the surprise of no one these women wouldn't even wait for their introductions as they just right away start throwing heavy strikes at one another. Soon the pair wouldn't be contained in the ring either as they took their fight to the outside area in an effort to punish one another.

Showing quite the nasty mean streak Emma would soon take over the match thanks to a hip toss to a charging Toni sending her into the guard rail. This would then be followed by Emma torturing Toni Storm at ringside even going as far as to driving Toni Storm back first into the ring post itself to punish her further. The crowd in attendance would rally behind Toni but Emma was undaunted as she continued to beatdown her foe.

As the match returned to the ring Toni Storm using the fan's support for motivation tried to launch into a comeback against her opponent. A german suplex landed by Toni would give her some hope but Emma soon was able to take over once again as she caught Storm with a back breaker working over her back once more for the bout. After a near fall following a crossbody to her cornered foe, Emma's frustration become more noticeable as she started to stomp away on her opponent.

Dragging Toni out onto the apron it appeared that Emma was looking to finish things as she set up Toni for a Michinoku Driver on the apron only for Storm to block it before she countered with a air raid crash on the ring apron! This very much was a turning point in the bout as the crowd looked on in shock. Despite being weakened Toni wouldn't be stopped as it wouldn't take long for Storm to finish her off from here with the Storm Zero for the victory!

Spoiler:

Shepherd: And the winner of the match Toni Storm!

The crowd in attendance cheers loudly as the announcement is made and Toni Storm slowly climbs to her feet. Keeping her hand on her back as she is clearly in pain following this battle. Storm backs up against the ropes before she gets her arm raised in the air. Following this Storm leaves the ring and heads backstage as the referee checks on Emma.

~ A fallen Leader ~

Quickly the camera feed cuts to the parking lot where a commotion is taking place. With several bystanders looking on a medical team is shown checking on a downed Eric Young. Killian Dain, Alexander Wolfe and Nikki Cross are all livid as we learn that Eric Young has been assaulted by an unknown individual. As we learn that Eric Young is to be taken to a nearby medical facility. The three remaining members of Sanity promise that they will get some payback on whoever did this to their leader!

~ Update ~

For the second time in the course of a few weeks Millie McKenzie joins Joanna Rose for an exclusive interview. This time however it is conducted before the fans in attendance for what is a live version of a walk through the rose garden. "Scars" by No Name Faces plays as a rather Solemn Millie McKenzie joins Joanna Rose in the ring for this segment. Before the interview begins we are again shown footage of the stunning moment in which Pete Dunne struck Millie McKenzie with a nasty forearm strike.

Talking to the sympathetic crowd in attendance Millie McKenzie talks about the injury she suffered at the hands of Pete Dunne. Revealing to the world that she suffered a severe fracture to her jaw from this strike, Millie admits that while the physical pain might have hurt her but nothing hurt her worse than the actions of a man she had considered to be a mentor at one stage in her career. Revealing to the world that at one time in life she considered Pete Dunne to be her best friend in the business, it appears that emotions begin to be getting the better of Millie as she wipes a tear from her eye.

Undaunted by this Millie continues by promising that she will be back stronger and that she will not be broken not now and not ever. Millie promises that she will make it her mission that Dunne gets what he deserves for everything he has done. As for right now however she is unable to compete and knows it will be a long time until she gets to step in that ring again. So tonight instead she will join the fans in attendance in watching the show and hopes that justice will be delivered later on when British Strong Style battle Sanity!

Match #5: Tegan Nox (c) vs Jinny w/ The House of Couture (Lana Austin & Nina Samuels) - UK Women's Championship

The women's championship would be up for grabs in the next bout of the evening as Tegan Nox put her championship on the line against heated rival Jinny. Quite surprisingly it seems that in the early goings of this contest Jinny has a point to prove as she wrestles a straight match with the champion going hold for hold with Tegan Nox. During one particular exchange over armbars and hammerlocks, Jinny was able to bring Tegan to the ground and the second she did she went right for the hair.

At this point on commentary Doug Williams would make the point that because of her antics and willingness to bend the rules, a lot of people genuinely forget that Jinny is quite adept in technical wrestling. As the exchanges continued to escalate Jinny grounded Tegan with a chinlock only for the champion to escape and make it to her feet. Once she is up Tegan would blast Jinny with a forearm to the jaw.

Stepping back Jinny surprisingly caught Nox running in with a hurricanrana taking her to the canvas before punishing her with strikes. This would very much mark a change in the bout as Jinny before she stood up branded Nox a pathetic little girl before slapping her across the face. This slap unfortunately for Jinny would awaken the beast inside for Nox who began to batter her all across the ring with punches and kicks.

Fired up Nox would thwart several attempts of Jinny's offense by throwing her back into the corner for more punishment. Looking to maintain order Darryl Sharma attempted to force Nox to back away but this allowed Jinny a chance to bring Tegan down to the canvas and trap her in a nasty surfboard like submission. Using all her might Nox was able to power out of it but she would be punished on the way to a knee with a series of kicks.

Once she is up Nox would attempt a kick of her own but Jinny would catch her by the leg before pulling her in to a knee to the jaw. From here Jinny attempted the Touch of Couture kick by Nox sidestepped and as Jinny rolled to her knees she'd be met with a shining wizard! The crowd in attendance explodes into cheers but as Tegan goes to make the cover we see Lana Austin climb up onto the apron and distract the referee with her assets.

Nox is livid and snatches Lana by the hair before she lifts her up and over the top rope before planting her with a chokeslam into the ring! While Lana Austin lays motionless on the canvas we see on the other side of the ring Jinny being passed the steel purse chain from her couture bag by Nina Samuels. Wrapping it around her hands Jinny climbs to her feet and tries to strike Nox who manages to duck under the blow.

Jinny then turns round into a big chokeslam of her own by Tegan Nox leading to her dropping the chain. Picking it up Nox wraps it around her hand as we see Lana Austin roll out to the floor. Seeing Nina on the apron Nox blasts her with a chain strike to the jaw sending her down to the floor. Casting the weapon aside Tegan sees Jinny slowly taking a knee before she connects with the shining wizard! The crowd in attendance are on their feet as Nox makes a cover. 1...2...3!

Spoiler:

Shepherd: And the winner of the match and still champion Tegan Nox!

To a rousing reaction from the audience in attendance the champion climbs to her feet in the ring. Taking a moment to compose herself and get her breath back, Nox soon has her arm raised in the air before she begins to celebrate with her women's championship. At ringside meanwhile we see a groggy Nina Samuels and a weakened Lana Austin begin to pull Jinny to her feet before they help her walk backstage.

~ Far From Over ~

After her hard fought victory earlier on this evening, a jubilant Toni Storm is joined backstage by Frankie B for an exclusive interview. Very much on top of the world Toni Storm calls this win tonight the tip of the iceberg for her as she seeks to finally claim that UK Women's Championship as her own. Before Toni's interview can continue however she is abruptly interrupted by the arrival of both Peyton Royce and Billie Kay. The Iconic Duo look to hijack the interview segment which does not sit well with Toni Storm at all. In fact it was Billie Kay's attempt to shoo her out of picture that caused Storm to shove Billie's hands away from her. Unfortunately we'd soon see Toni attacked by the pair with the numbers game swiftly paying dividens for the pair as they got Storm down and put the boots to her. Standing over Toni, Royce and Billie then would perform their trademark Iconic's taunt as the cameras cut away.

~ The Shooter ~

"Trials" by Starset plays as a promo package plays highlighting Drew Gulak. This package features a mix of Drew Gulak performing on 205 Live as well as showing him in a training ring stretching various opposition. As these clips play we hear a voice over from Drew Gulak talking about his upcoming arrival to the UK Brand. Informing everyone that the days of suits and power point presentations were dead. Drew Gulak instead promises to bring with him a style of technical savagery that has not yet been seen in the UK Brand. Closing this promo Gulak promises that from this point onwards what will be synonymous with his name will be the screams in agony of his opponents and the sounds of their bones breaking!

~ The Threat is Finished ~

A series of flashbacks then air highlighting the mystical acts carried out by "The Spellcaster" Isla Dawn before we see the woman herself standing before her coven. Just past her in the distance is "The March Hare" Aivil. Calling this a time to truly rejoice and embrace change. Isla Dawn makes it clear that her threats of a sacrifice for now will be put on hold. Instead now will be an evolution for her and her coven as The Red Queen's Knave will be joing the UK Brand very soon!

Match #6: Morgan Webster vs Shelton Benjamin

A special challenge bout would be up next as Morgan Webster found himself taking on the debuting Shelton Benjamin. Knowing now that he'd no longer have to concern himself with the machinations of Isla Dawn. We'd see for this bout Morgan Webster fully had his focus on his opponent in front of him. Beginning with a handshake it was clear there was a lot of respect between the pair as this match got underway.

Beginning with some chain wrestling which obviously favors the amateur wrestling stand out Shelton Benjamin. To his credit though Webster is able to hang in there with his foe and even catches Shelton in a flash pinning predicament for a very close near fall. Hopping to his feet following this Shelton would have a smile on his face as he nodded to his opponent respectfully.

From here the action would pick up and get a lot more fast paced. With the crowd in attendance torn we'd see that Shelton Benjamin had not missed a step with this bout as he performed several big feats of athleticism. However in what was a stunning call back to one of his more famous moments a springboard attempt by Shelton would seen him careening into a superkick to the jaw by Morgan Webster. Making a cover to a huge pop a stunned Webster would be caught off guard as Shelton barely kicks out at 2.

Taking over the bout Morgan Webster continues to work over Shelton until a failed Brit Pop Drop would allow Benjamin to hurt him with a superkick of his own. Wasting no time in following up Benjamin hit him with a t-bone supex for a close near fall. As the match reached it's finishing stretch Webster attempted one more kick which Benjamin ducked under. A superkick of Shelton's was then pushed away only for Shelton to connect with the Dragon Whip. Benjamin would then quickly hook the leg for a cover. 1..2...3!

Spoiler:

Shepherd: And the winner of the match Shelton Benjamin!

The crowd in attendance cheers as the announcement is made and slowly Shelton Benjamin rises to his feet. After he has his arm raised in the air Shelton walks over to the downed Morgan Webster and helps him to his feet. With the crowd giving their respect to Webster, Shelton offers Morgan a handshake which Morgan accepts before he graciously raises Shelton's arm in the air to a loud pop.

"I will finish what you started"

Footage then rolls from earlier on this afternoon and it focuses on a backstage confrontation between Kay Lee Ray and Piper Niven. Both women of course have a lot of history with one another as things look to be very tense. Each woman calls herself the top contender to the title thanks to their recent victories. Neither willing to accept that the other is higher than them in the rankings it appears both KLR and Piper Niven are more than happy to prove one another wrong. Before they part ways they promise that they will be seeing one another real soon!

~ The Power of Love ~

Making their first appearances as part of the UK Brand this would be our first chance to hear from the couple that is Mike Kanellis and Maria Kanellis. Joining Frankie B for this interview the overly affectionate couple begin to talk about just what can be expected from them as part of the brand. Brashly referring to himself as a real life superhero and a miracle to the sport of professional wrestling.

Mike begins to say that on a night of debuts theirs is the only ones that truly matter when Morgan Webster slowly walks behind them on his way to the trainer's office. Not happy with his moment being interupted by a loser Mike Kanellis gets right in Webster's face as he demands an apology for him trying to usurp his moment. Staring down the smug Kanellis, Morgan seems to be thinking through his options before shockingly he blasts Kanellis with a slap right across the face! Walking off screen muttering that's his apology, the cameras focus on a seething Kanellis while his livid wife Maria screams to get the cameras out of their face!

Match #7: British Strong Style (Pete Dunne & Trent Seven)(c) vs Sanity (Alexander Wolfe & Killian Dain) w/Nikki Cross - UK Tag Team Championships - TLC Match

Chaos would ensue for the next contest of the night as British Strong Style put their titles on the line against Sanity in a TLC Match. With Millie McKenzie watching on from the crowd and Nikki Cross at ringside not too mention fan support fully on the side of the challengers. Pete Dunne and Trent Seven seemed only able to rely on one another for support with this bout. To the surprise of no one this bout would be a back and forth fight from the very beginning.

With fists flying everywhere it very much wasn't a surprise that this bout very much played into Sanity's game. As we've come to see in all his other appearances with the brand Killian Dain here was the difference maker as he would tear through both Dunne and Seven at points through the bout. Having to change tactics as the bout wore on it appeared that British Strong Style become obsessed with temporarily putting Wolfe down so they could combine to take down Dain once and for all.

In an uncharacteristic move for him Pete Dunne would even be forced to take to the skies at one stage diving through the ropes with a forearm smash to the jaw of Dain. Wolfe meanwhile having recovered from an earlier beating joined in the brawl at ringside using a trash can lid supplied to him by Nikki Cross on both Champions. This allowed Killian to get back in the ring where he'd follow up with a big dive of his own to the floor on Seven and Dunne to a cheer from the crowd.

The fired up team began to then bring more weapons into the fold against their opponents as John Gooden wondered if Sanity were more focused on punishing British Strong Style then they was winning the titles. However soon British Strong Style were soon able to get some momentum on their side as Pete Dunne used a steel chair to lay out Dain across a grounded ladder. This would allow Trent Seven to hit the ropes while Dunne waited for him and actually hip tossed his partner across the mid section of Dain.

With Dain down British Strong Style began to punish Alexander Wolfe but to his credit the German wouldn't go down without a fight. Unfortunately for him Trent Seven was now in his element thanks to the lack of rules and a low blow very much had it's effect as Wolfe fell to his knees and allowed Dunne to rattle him with a knee strike to the temple. An attempt following this to climb the ladder however would be stopped thanks to Dain recovering and absolutely steam rolling both men with a double clothesline.

Looking to climb the ladder himself however Dain would be met with a steel chair across the back by Seven. Unfortunately for Trent all this really served to do was piss off the monster that is Killian Dain. Dropping the chair Trent Seven attempted to beg off from Dain as a ploy to distract him from a charging Dunne. To his horror however Dunne would be met with a nasty spear by Alexander Wolfe.

Wolfe then rises to his feet and Seven attempts to climb out onto the apron when he sees that Nikki Cross has set up a table by that side of the floor. Before he can react Seven is snatched by the throat by Dain who joins him out onto the apron. Hoisting Seven in the air Dain then leaps from the apron putting both men through a table with a Michinoku Driver! With Dain and Seven down, Wolfe starts to set the ladder up once more when Pete Dunne drills him with a forearm smash.

Wolfe falls to the canvas as Nikki Cross slides into the ring. Charging at Dunne, Nikki is shockingly drilled with a forearm right to the face by the former UK Champion. Cross lands hard on the canvas but it seems Pete Dunne isn't through just yet as he starts to drag Cross to her feet. Having already seen enough Millie McKenzie hops the guard rail and she slides into the ring before grabbing herself a chair.

Holding Cross in position for the Bitter End, Dunne stares down with McKenzie when shockingly Millie McKenzie hits ALEXANDER WOLFE WITH THE CHAIR! The crowd are in shock as Wolfe falls to the canvas and Dunne with a Nod his head then plants Cross in the ring with the Bitter End. At ringside Killian Dain is beginning to stir but as he gets to his feet both Millie and Dunne pick up a ladder before throwing it down to the floor right onto him. The crowd in attendance starts to boo as a chair wielding McKenzie stands guard by the ladder while Pete Dunne makes the claim and snags the titles.

Spoiler:

Shepherd: And the winners of the match and still Champions British Strong Style!

There is shock and there is horror from the crowd in attendance as Pete Dunne climbs down from the ladder before he and Millie McKenzie again stare off. Dropping the chair the two then hug one another to jeers from the audience before Trent Seven slowly rolls into the ring. Seven despite being in a lot of pain has a huge smile on his face as he joins in the hug before he and Dunne raise Millie's arm in the air!

~ Premiere Athlete Brand ~

"Bones" by Young Guns plays as a vignette airs highlighting "The Premiere Athlete" Tony Nese. The former 205 Live standout and former cruiserweight champion looks to be wearing the fanciest suit that money can by as he sits down for what can only be described as a mini press conference. Arrogance exuding from his pores Tony Nese reveals that it is finally with him joining the UK Brand that the brand has been legitimised. Calling him the definition of a pro wrestler who the word superstar was written for. Tony Nese reveals that it is because of his stardom and potential that he knows he cannot do this alone. Needing someone to manage the little details while he proves his superiority in the ring, Tony Nese announces the Premiere Athlete Managerial Recruitment Drive will begin from next week. With one lucky individual being given the chance to represent The Premiere Athlete himself!

~ A house divided ~

Following her defeat earlier in the evening Jinny is pacing back and forth in her private dressing room and to say she is livid would be an understatement. Her two house of couture comrades appear to be sheepish about how agitated their employer was. Speaking up for the pair Lana Austin tries to appease her employer only to be struck across the face by the livid Jinny. Stepping forward to defend her partner is Nina Samuels and both her and Jinny quickly lock eyes with the seething Nina staring a hole through her. Before things can escalate however a disgusted Jinny would soon barge past her charges and storm out of the dressing room muttering that she has had enough.

Match #8: Spike Trivet vs Kassius Ohno

The next bout of the night would of course be the grudge match between Kassius Ohno and Spike Trivet. While of course in his pre match promo from earlier in the night Trivet was full of his usual bluster as he derided and spoke down about his opponent. However as this match went on it appeared this would be a very long night for Trivet because the wrestling genius lived up to his moniker and out grappled Trivet at every turn.

Tying Trivet up in nots and constantly out classing him much to the delight of the audience in attendance. This of course would greatly frustrate the upper class Trivet who at times would attempt to escape from the ring only to be pulled back to the center by Ohno. Continuing to frustrate his young, impetuous foe Ohno would trap Trivet in a variety of holds with Spike's only attempts at offense coming following cheapshots in particular targeting the previously injured eye of Ohno.

Undaunted by his opponents cheap and questionable tactics Kassius seemed to be taking pleasure in humiliating his foe in the early goings. However once he was able to keep him grounded Ohno began letting some of his nasty strikes go as he started to punish Spike until Spike was able to take cover out of the ring. Outside the ring Trivet would snatch himself a bottle of champagne which he'd kept under the ring before he'd roll into the ring with it.

Taking a large swig from it Trivet then attempted to hit Ohno with the bottle only for the referee Thomas Scarborough to pull the bottle from his grap. As the ref put the bottle outside however Trivet spat the champagne in his mouth right into the face of Ohno! With Ohno blinded a blatant low blow would follow before Trivet school boyed Ohno with a hand full of rights. The referee much to the crowd's displeasure would then cound the fall. 1..2..3

Spoiler:

Shepherd: And the winner of the match Spike Trivet!

There is an eruption of boos as the announcement is made. Quickly rolling out to the floor Spike Trivet has a smug smirk on his face as he takes another swig from his bottle of champagne. This time however proving himself further to be a classy individual Spike spits the champagne directly at some of the fans in attendance before he walks up the ramp. In the ring meanwhile a devastated Kassius Ohno on taking a knee begins to protest with the referee about Spike's behavior.

~ GM's Decision ~

Before the next contest of the night can commence the cameras once again direct us to the GM's office this time where both Katarina Leigh and Wade Barrett are present. Despite the noted coolness and friction in their relationship being there. Both seem to be quite happy with everything that has gone down so far with tonight's event. Talk soon turns to tonight's main event of the evening and it is Katarina who decides that again based on the track record of Fabian Aichner and his allies. That all outside interference will be banned and anyone who breaks this decision will be fired immediately.

Co-Main Event: Aussie Open (Adam Brooks, Kyle Fletcher & Mark Davis) vs The Mighty (Brendan Vink, Bronson Reed & Shane Thorne)

Six Man Tag Team Action would be up next as Aussie Open battled the Mighty in what was a high stakes clash. To the absolute surprise of no one a vasty majority of this bout would see Shane Thorne very much let his team do his bidding. In fact the only times Thorne at first would begin to tag his way into the bout would be for him to cheap shot his opponents.

This bout would also provide several stories in the ring as we'd see Mark Davis yet again be very happy to trade hell for leather with Bronson Reed in what was a true battle of the big men. In fact as the bout waged on it almost seemed like there may be the faintest bit of respect between these two titans as they battered away at one another.

Brendan Vink however was a different story. Often called the arrogant member of the Mighty, Vink seemed to delight in bullying and throwing around the smaller Adam Brooks at every moment. Trash talking his opponent and his opponent's partners it seemed that Vink's goal was to make their former ally suffer for his betrayal.

This would of course leave Kyle Fletcher's battle with Shane Thorne as we'd see Fletcher very much looking to prove Shane Thorne wrong about their team. As the bout progressed we'd begin to see Shane Thorne step into the ring more and more and even blind tag himself into the bout much to the annoyance of Bronson Reed.

Entering it's finishing stretch we'd see fights taking place both in the ring and at ringside. Keeping Adam Brooks up against the ropes we'd see Brendan Vink attempt a big boot only to have Brooks side step leading to Vink catching his leg across the top rope. This allowed Brooks to then hit a spring board dropkick to the face of Vink knocking him out to the floor.

At the same time at ringside we'd see the slug fest between Mark Davis and Bronson Reed. Launching himself at Davis, it appears that Reed is looking for a spear tackle when Davis side steps leading Reed to crashing through the barricade. This allows Davis to return to the ring where he and Brooks flank Shane Thorne who has just cheap shotted Kyle Fletcher.

Realising now that he has been flanked Shane Thorne seems to be highly anxious as he tries to talk his way out of things. This is to no avail however as he is blasted with a superkick to the jaw by Adam Brooks. This sends him staggering back into Mark Davis who hoists him up in the air for a powerbomb which brings him down across the knees of Fletcher for a nasty powerbomb/back stabber combination. This allows Fletcher to make the cover for the victory.

Spoiler:

Shepherd: and the winners of the match Aussie Open!

The crowd in attendance explodes into cheers as the announcement is made and Kyle Fletcher makes his way too his feet. While the trio begin to celebrate their win as they make their way up the ramp, the cameras cut back to the ring where Shane Thorne slowly begins to sit up and come to the realisation about his defeat.

Rolling into the ring Brendan Vink checks on his stable mate and helps Thorne to his feet. A few moments pass before a still groggy Bronson Reed also begins to roll into the ring. As he begins to take a knee however he is pie faced by Shane Thorne who seems to be blaming him for everything to do with their defeat.

Trying to play mediator between the two Brendan Vink's words soon full on deaf ears as Shane Thorne will not hear out Reed or his apologies. Continuing to lash out and place the blame on others. Shane Thorne again shoves the face of Reed before he tries to slap him. When he does so however Bronson Reed catches him by the hand! Before Thorne can react Reed drives him down to the canvas with a belly to belly suplex. From here Reed climbs the turnbuckles before he sleeps off the top with a huge splash onto Shane Thorne!
    Spoiler:

The crowd in attendance continue to cheer as Bronson Reed climbs to his feet in the ring. Brendan Vink meanwhile having given up trying to smooth things over walks up the ramp and heads backstage while Reed stands over Shane Thorne.

~ Face Off ~

Just before the main event of the evening can take place we are directed towards one of the many exits of the building. Preparing to make his departure from the building is Timothy Thatcher and his agent Malcolm Bivens. On their way out however they find themselves met by one Kassius Ohno. Judging from the pair's interaction with one another it appears that there might be some past between the two as this conversation is rather tense. Despite his loss earlier in the evening Kassius Ohno very much is uncharacteristically aggressive here as he says that he has heard Thatcher's constant cries for respect. Commenting that he will never have the respect a champion deserves with the way he carries himself. In response to this it seems Thatcher might fight with Ohno right here but cooler heads prevail thanks to Malcolm Bivens who says that Ohno with his loss tonight will be having to take a step right to the back of the line. With that Bivens and Thatcher make their exit from the building.

Main Event: Fabian Aichner (c) vs Finn Balor - WWE United Kingdom Championship

Finally it was time for the main event of the evening and it would of course be for the United Kingdom Championship. Before the bout would officially begin Andy Shepherd would handle the in ring introductions for the pairing. Once the bell rung the action got right underway with Fabian Aichner lunging directly at Finn Balor only to be met with a sling blade! A quick leaping stomp across the chest then followed which seemed to wind Aichner some as he came up to his feet wheezing.

Once he was up a shot gun dropkick by Balor followed sending him out to the floor before Finn flipped over the top rope out onto the champion. This early full head of steam by the challenger had the crowd in attendance buzzing until an attempt to spring over the guard rail back fired as Aichner caught him in mid air and landed a power slam onto the floor. From here the champion would return to the ring seemingly content with taking a count out victory as well as a chance to recollect himself.

Using the rail to get to his feet at 6, Finn Balor returned to the ring where he was quickly pounced on by Aichner sensing his weakened opponent. His power on full display Aichner threw Balor all across the ring before he attempted a big suplex. Dropping down behind Aichner, Balor fell back into the corner before escaping through the ropes and onto the apron as Aichner charged into the pads. A leaping kick by Finn followed rattling the champion.

Climbing back into the ring Balor used his speed advantage to land some quick strikes on the champ but as he hit the ropes we'd soon be reminded of the champions explosive agility as he connected with a vicious dropkick to Balor on the rebound. A cover by Aichner would only earn him a count of two much to the annoyance of the champion. Commentary meanwhile would call that particular kick a big weapon in Aichner's arsenal which changes the face of a match in seconds.

His frustration getting the better of him Aichner began pounding away at Balor with punches and elbows before dragging him to his feet by the throat. Throwing him into the corner, Fabian began to batter him with hard clothesline strikes to the chest until the referee was forced to intercept. This gave Balor a chance to make a slight comeback as he was able to connect with a second sling blade on Aichner putting both men down on the canvas.

With the crowd in attendance fully behind the challenger and both men down on the canvas. It was no surprise based on damage accumulated that Fabian Aichner was still the first man to his feet. But as he charged a kneeling Balor he was met with a school boy. Rolling through with it Aichner took a knee only to be met with a kick to the face by Finn. With Aichner stunned Balor followed up with a dropkick to the side of the head.

The champion reeling Finn then climbed up the turnbuckle before he dove off with a stomp right across the back of the neck of Aichner. This would drive Fabian face first into the canvas but a cover from Finn would shockingly only earn him a count of two. Looking to continue his onslaught a fired up Finn Balor then started to punish the downed Aichner with punches and elbows before he hit the ropes.

But as Balor run off he was met with a quick pop up from Aichner who leapt to his feet and met Finn with a second dropkick! This one landing right in the face of Balor and putting him down on the canvas in a heap. Also down on the canvas is the champion and he can just barely put his arm over the challenger for a cover who just barely manages to kick out after a count of two from the referee.

Rolling onto his back Fabian Aichner slowly sits up with a look of disbelief etched on his face. Disbelief again turns to frustration as Aichner snatches Balor by the head and pulls him to his feet with him. An attempt to end things with the Hasta La Vista nearly backfires through as Aichner is countered with a sunset flip by Balor. Rolling through however Aichner traps the legs and dead lifts Balor in the air for the Hasta La Vista Powerbomb! The crowd are in shock as Aichner hooks the leg for a cover 1...2.... Balor raises his shoulder!

The building becomes unglued as a stunned Fabian Aichner looks to the referee in shock. As Finn slowly starts to stir Fabian Aichner drags Finn to his feet before he sets him up for a second powerbomb. Balor however has the where with all to drop down behind Balor before he lands a big pele kick to the back of Aichner's head. The Champion is stunned and Balor follows up with his third Sling Blade of the night! Slowly climbing to his feet Aichner is then met with a shotgun dropkick by Balor which sends him into the corner.

Staggering out from the corner Aichner is kicked in the gut before Finn Balor spikes him into the canvas with the 1916! The crowd are on their feet once more as Balor makes a cover. 1....2... Aichner kicks out! The audience is stunned as an anguished Finn Balor slowly climbs to his feet. Feeding off his frustration and anger a livid Fabian Aichner begins to get up before he charges Balor.

Finn side steps him before he then drives Aichner into the canvas with a reverse 1916! Aichner is clearly stunned but he isn't out as he rolls onto his stomach only for Finn to drag him up and plant him once again with a 1916! Aichner is down and Finn with the crowd behind him climbs the turnbuckle. Once he is up top Finn Balor leaps off with the Coup De Grace which he lands across the chest of Aichner. With the Champion down Balor then makes a cover. 1...2....3!

Spoiler:

Shepherd: And the winner of the match and the NEW UNITED KINGDOM CHAMPION.... FINN Balor!

Everyone in attendance is on their feet as the announcement is made and slowly the new champion climbs to his feet in the ring. Confetti begins to rain down across the building and in the ring as Balor once up to his feet is presented with his new championship by the referee. Standing tall with his arm raised an elated Balor then slowly begins to climb the turnbuckle before holding his championship in the air as Showcase Sydney draws to a close.

(c)WorldWrestlingEntertainment

Hail To The King

Status

What a show start to finish easily up for show of the year like I said from purely writing aspect no one is on your level man some people would faulter given the events of the real world with this NXT UK shit going on you on the other hand have blown me away. My god that Main Event was fun and a shock too if you ask me. I look so much to see what you do.

Spoiler:

​Brayden Bridges

Heel Champion

Status

WWE UK Brand News ~ Post Showcase updates ~ 100th Episode news!
    Following Showcase Sydney some surprising news has been revealed that both Shane Thorne and Brendan Vink will be departing from the UK Brand. We know that this move is per the office of Vince McMahon who was said to have caught wind of some of the promo work put in by Shane Thorne as well as the look of Brendan Vink. So do not be surprised to see that the pairing show up on Monday Night Raw very soon.

While this maybe considered a blow to the UK Brand to lose a prominent part of it's programming. Showcase Sydney very much served as a blow off to the Mighty Storyline. We do know that Bronson Reed meanwhile will remain a part of the UK Brand with an expected singles run coming his way. It is also known that while Vink will no longer be appearing as part of the brand that Shane Thorne has been pencilled in for one last match with the promotion.
    Having been appearing as part of the UK Brand for several months now. It can be confirmed that for the ensuing future Sanity will remain a steady part of the WWE UK Brand. With the group already being a steady part of programming and receiving a significant push, this shouldn't be a big surprise. What we also know is that there is a lot of high praise in particular being sung for Killian Dain who many feel could be a future main event talent for the promotion.
    With several specials already being lined up for the future. We know that in the not too distant future, a network exclusive special has been put together as the WWE will be reinstating the WWE European Championship for the first time in 17 years. The title which has been held by names such as Owen Hart, British Bulldog and William Regal, is said to be contested for in a 32 man tournament with contestants coming in from all across Europe.
    While it had previously been rumored we now know it to be true that Killer Kelly has officially been repackaged now and will be returning to television very soon. Said to be keeping parts of her old moniker she will now be introduced as Raquel Lourenco using her real name. It is believed that Raquel will take the role previously held by Luke Menzies as GM Katarina Leigh's personal head of security.
    Following the Showcase Sydney we know that per a press release shown on WWE.Com that a bunch of new additions to the WWE UK Performance Center have been announced. Heading the class is one of the most experienced and worldly established members of the group by the name of "Bad Bones" John Klinger. The 36 year old from Germany boasts 16 years of experience to his credit having wrestled all over the world. This includes him already having made a UK Brand appearance last year in a losing effort against Kenny Williams.

Joining Klinger from Germany will be a 12 year pro by the name of "Lucky Kid" Metehan Aslan. The high flying daredevil has long been on the radar of the UK Brand. Also having been on the radar of the UK Brand for some time now, we know that Swiss wrestler Oliver Carter who is an 8 year veteran of the business has put pen to paper to become part of the UK Brand. Along with them will be the no nonsense grappler known as HT Drake. The Newcastle native is well known for his crusade to bring a seriousness back to wrestling and he will be bringing this form of wrestling with him to the brand.

Following these additions will be a group of monsters and powerhouses. The first of which will be the gargantuan Big T Justice. The Seven foot tall monster hails from Preston and tips the scale at well over 300 pounds. Joining him will be 6 foot 7, 360 pound "Colossus" Euan Kennedy. The Kingston Upon Hull Native brings forth over 13 years of experience under his belt. The third of the monstrous additions will be that of Alex Cyanide. Weighing in at well over 350 pounds, the 6 foot 3 titan boasts over 14 years of experience and comes from Manchester.

Rounding out the additions will be the trio of Joseph Conners, Saxon Huxley, Suge D and "The Primate" Jason Prime. Conners, a 14 year plus veteran of the sport who comes from Nottingham. Is well known for his work up and down the UK while of course making a previous appearance as part of the UK Brand Championship title tournament. Huxley meanwhile is a ten year veteran of the sport whose signing is said to have been per the recommendation of two of his mentors Lance Storm and Brian Kendrick. Along with this pair will be American ex pat Suge D. The 12 year veteran of the sport from Augusta, Georgia recently moved to the UK to live in Leeds. Since that time the charismatic performer has wowed the UK scene with his talent and ability. The last signing of course is Jason Prime, a 6 year veteran of the sport and ex army veteran. Described to be as rough and tough as they come, Prime will definitely make for a fun addition to the UK Brand in the future.

Lastly we known in an update regarding the UK Performance center. Following a lot of changes lately both on the talent roster and with several PC members all having their conduct in question. We know that several changes have taken place. For a more streamlined group of coaches we know at the lead of the PC is veteran Robbie Brookside as well as Doug Williams. Aiding them in the training are Dave Taylor, Johnny Moss and Tyson T-Bone. On the women's side of classes we know that Dave "Fit" Finlay has personally been brought in to lead that part of training. Aiding Finlay with this will be April Davids, Wesna and Jetta.
    With the recent additions of Drew Gulak, Tony Nese and Noam Dar to the roster. We now know that there has been a deal brokered between 205 Live and the WWE UK Brand. This deal is said to be similar to the partnership between 205 Live and NXT meaning that current reigning champion Lio Rush could potentially appear down the line to defend his cruiserweight championship against a member of the UK Brand.
    In two weeks time the WWE United Kingdom Brand will be holding it's historic 100th episode. For this blockbuster 2 hour special we know that several big matches and additions have already been plotted. One of which will be a special battle royal in honor of the recently deceased wrestler Lionheart. This will be a roster wide battle royal with the winner getting the opportunity to compete against United Kingdom Champion Finn Balor at a future date!

Last edited by Shade; 07-01-2020 at 05:37 AM.

Heel Champion

Status

Quote Originally Posted by OMB View Post
    What a show start to finish easily up for show of the year like I said from purely writing aspect no one is on your level man some people would faulter given the events of the real world with this NXT UK shit going on you on the other hand have blown me away. My god that Main Event was fun and a shock too if you ask me. I look so much to see what you do.
    Thank you for the kind words OMB mate. I'm thrilled to know you really enjoyed the show. I must admit there definitely was points where I was concerned this could be the breaking point. As I genuinely did have some struggles writing the show as I wasn't sure exactly where things would fit. Especially as in truth I've had to very much start again with a lot of my plans but at the same time I realise now it does present me a fun challenge. The main event was a lot of fun to write in truth and I knew that result was definitely going to be a shocker. Thankfully despite all the changes the main event storyline I have with Fabian Aichner in particular hasn't been cast out, it's just been modified. So I'm hopeful that despite the loss, he goes from strength to strength as the months go on! Thank you once again man!

Fire Walk with Me

Status
      Country                    Great Britain

WWE Re: WWE United Kingdom Brand

T H R O U G H
    T H E
    L O O K I N G
    G L A S S

Kenny Williams vs. Michael Oku Kenny Williams is a guy who I think is loaded with potential in real-life but stuck with this annoying babyface gimmick, so I was beyond happy when he turned a few months ago in this project. Michael Oku isn't someone I was overly familiar with before reading WWE UK but I feel as a viewer, I've really gotten to know him.

Initially I thought he may just end up being roster-fodder for battle royales. Kenny looks really good in this, the satellite DDT on the apron is a really nice spot and justifiably seals the deal, however I like that you exercise the character more by having Williams lock in a submission to torture Oku further rather than simply go for the pin. I think given the amount of segments and character-work you've done on this, it's a really good way to open the show.
    ★★★
    Shelton Benjamin Interview I think Shelton could be a real asset to the WWE UK brand and I'm glad that you're mixing the talent up. I think while the brand is 'UK' it shouldn't mean that everyone on the roster is UK-based. In this instance, Benjamin feels like a touring star, whereas people would likely take him for granted if they went to see him on RAW or SD.

Interesting to have him announce that he was Flash Morgan Webster's opponent, it's quite unconventional to do it backstage rather than surprise the crowd but I don't mind it.
    ★★
    Fabien Aichner vs. Finn Bálor promo I REALLY enjoyed reading this, I suggested Bálor as a replacement for the main event because similarly to Benjamin, I think that the UK crowd would see him as a star. I don't thinl his star has faded like Shelton's but an uneventful time on the main roster has definitely dampened his reputation. Given that everything was changed on the fly, there really has been no build to the main event, so essentially it's relying on the bankability of Bálor and the talent of both competitors. However, this promo creates a narrative that makes me feel there' been a feud this whole time.

I love that Aichner feels that Bálor sold his soul, I think I can see through his eyes because a lot of it is what people have felt for a while. I like that it was one combined segment rather than split into two throughout the show, it felt very well done and the visuals were a nice touch.
    ★★★★
    Timothy Thatcher vs. Steve Xavier - Commonwealth Championship It makes me laugh that people are legitimately challenging for the title when it isn't technically sanctioned, however I think it makes Thatcher feel like a real star. I find it odd to see him on NXT given how he's portrayed in WWE UK and Bivens as a mouthpiece again makes him feel like a real star in the making. Xavier I wasn't as familiar with before the project but I enjoy his unpredictability and I think he makes for a really good foe to Thatcher. I like that this match feels a bit more evenly balanced compared to the last, Xavier has some really good spots.

I would say having read the last match and now this one, you have another heel win by submission - which isn't an issue - but they again hold the move after the bell. Classic tropes, however try to either bridge the matches out or refrain from overusing them just because it can take away from the segment.
    ★★★
    Spike Trivet interview Like Thatcher, I think Trivet is another really strong heel on the UK brand, it's crazy because I liked to think of myself as a British Wrestling fan but this project has opened my eyes to so many talents. As with Thatcher, I think that you've done a good job of building his presence with use of an additional character, in this case - Ridge Holland - it's very much an MJF/Wardlow vibe come to think about it.

Again, I like how your heels go for the jugular, Trivet pointing out this is the first time Ohno is in the spotlight (you could argue as Chris Hero, he has had his fair share of moments but never fulfilled the potential as Ohno). Ethan Carter III coming in and interrupting is interesting, it seems very much that he's going to be a thorn in the side of Trivet rather than a friend - it'll be interesting to see how the similar gimmicks are portrayed on both sides of the scale.
    ★★★
    Kasey Owens and Dakota Kai segment I did think this was an unusual choice given that Showcase is essentially a PPV, I get that there's a mixture of matches and segments but hyping a match for the regular show next week made it feel a bit more like a special broadcast than a PPV. It's not to say that I didn't enjoy it, I just thought that it's the kind of thing you'd announce on WWE.com, however you including it does make it feel more important. ★★
    The Foreign Legion & The Grizzled Young Veterans vs Ilja Druganov, Joe Hendry, Mark Andrews, Rampage Brown & Tyson T-Bone While the #SpeakOut movement did cause chaos for this show, I think this is the match it seemed to affect the most. Of course your main event was important but in sheer numbers there was just more people to fill-in, it could've altered the match or seemed awkward to have two debuting names on the same team (that weren't a tag team) but I like how it came together. I love both heel tag teams, I think Gibson has real potential and I've enjoyed his work in real life since NGW, I like that Sabian has been added to allow Gibson the chance to transition into singles action and am interested in how that develops.

However, the babyfaces always had to win, I think Rampage looks really good from this as someone who has finally had the trigger pulled on their push, Tyson benefits given that he's been in this project for a while but never had the exposure and Andrews continues to pave his way to the the top. Druganov and Hendry obviously look like heroes here and I'll be interested to see how these two big names impact the brand moving forward.
    ★★★
    Wade Barrett meets with Mark Coffey I guess we may never know what will happen with the Coffey Brothers but in a way life has made that decision for you. Mark could have faded into obscurity but instead he re-enters the tag team division, which I think I've commented before was the division that needed the attention.

Noam Dar is a natural fit for the brand, he was being squandered on 205 Live in real life and NXT UK helped legitimize him and I think the same can be done here. Again, is this segment needed on PPV? Not necessarily but given that this segment was previously advertised I'm not as baffled by it as the Kai/Owens one.
    ★★
    Kenny Williams and Mark Andrews collide I like the nod to Kenny and Mark's previous feud here, while I've commented on whether some segments are needed, I think that this could have only made sense in this scenario, to get that 'live', raw emotion. I really enjoyed the fact that while Andrews was the hurt party in the story before, he's over Kenny now, he's moved on and he's built himself up. I think it would've been too easy just to have Williams belittle Andrews again, so I'm glad that Andrews stood up for himself. ★★★★
    Emma vs. Toni Storm I think Toni has been consistently booked strong throughout this project and I'm really excited that Emma was brought back into the UK brand. I think the feud writes itself and while Emma had a few matches on WWE UK, this really felt like her big return. I would say that the match is shorter than I anticipated but that may be the summary style rather than the intention. Again, I like that you make use of the whole ring in your matches, the apron being a pivotal turning point here. Storm wins and moves forward, Emma losing could be seen as controversial having brought her back but at the same time, I think that the feud itself and having a storyline has benefitted her more than her main roster run ever did. ★★★
    Eric Young's attack Albeit short, that's all this segment needed to be, I like that the team were livid rather than panicked at the attack. Sanity are wild, so they don't need to be scared, however they have a match to win, so I like that there was this take on it rather than "OH ERIC NEEDS HELP!" ★★
    Millie McKenzie Interview I was initially taken aback by Millie's involvement in the Sanity/British Strong Style feud, however I'm a massive fan of hers in real life, so was excited that she had the opportunity. I think with such a competitive women's division, it's easy to get lost so having Millie appear here does help her stand-out, even if she's not in a match. Can people speak with a fractured jaw though?? ★★★
    Tegan Nox vs. Jinny - WWE UK Women's Championship I'm a big fan of both women, in particular Jinny, however I know that real-life events have put a bit of a cloud above her name. I love that Jinny had Lana and Nina with her at ringside, I think this House of Couture works so much better than the previous incarnation and I love their involvement in the match. Nox has had a mammoth run, it's starting to feel like Asuka's initial NXT Women's title run where it felt like no one could beat her but at the same time that it was only a matter of time before someone took the title.

I loved that the chain from the designer bag was used as a weapon, of course Nox benefitted from the move and lives to regin another day but with your women's division, there's literally 5 contenders still waiting in the wings!
    ★★★★
    The Iconics make their mark I think that the Iconics are a marvellous addition to the brand, just when you thought Toni had battled her hometown demons, Peyton and Billie join the party. As funny as the duo can be, they work best when they're getting wins and combining their humour with dominance, so I'm glad that this was physical rather than simple trash-talk. ★★★
    Drew Gulak promo I think this was simple and effective, a nice little promo while the show continues. I think Gulak's style will really gel with a lot of talents on the brand, I'm interested to see where he strikes first. ★★
    Wonderland Expands I'm glad that you haven't scrapped Isla Dawn and her Wonderland troop just yet, i think you've really rebirthed the character and you have done the same with Aivil (and previously Gallagher) before having to rewrite. Yes, it does pour a bucket of cold water on the really good feud you had written but Isla has a trick up her sleeve and I'm excited to meet the Knave! ★★★
    Morgan Webster vs. Shelton Benjamin Of course this match isn't going to have the same build as what was initially planned but I would like to think if I was in the crowd, that I would still be excited to see an unsung hero like Benjamin wrestle instead.

Nice to see a handshake, it seems to answer Benjamin's disposition early on. A surprising outcome, though it could have gone either way, build Webster or give Shelton a dominant start. I don't think there is a loser here and to be fair, Benjamin getting off to a victory really helps him establish his credibility - I also love the Dragon Whip move.
    ★★
    Kay Lee Ray & Piper Niven promo I think this is like the bookend to the Kai/Owens segment, I like that you take the time to hype these future matches. I just don't know whether it needed to be on PPV. I'm not hating it, it's better than not having any advertising for it, maybe it's because I am used to seeing it just being announced online that I find it to be odd. ★★
    The Kanellis' arrive All the stars you have brought over are actual talents that aren't being given the limelight that they necessarily deserve, I'm really happy to see Mike get a chance to shine, I also like that he is immediately brought into a situation with Webster, who despite losing his match, still feels like he could take Kanellis down a peg or two. Nice foreshadowing. ★★★
    Sanity vs. British Strong Style - WWE UK Tag Team Championships I said the multi-match from earlier was the one that had to be changed the most but I know in terms of the match itself that this is probably the one that thwarted your plans (as well as the main event). I think that fortunately reverting it back to a standard tag team match and having two stables feature saved the match from having to have any further amednments and really, this doesn't take anything away from the build. I love how chaotic this match is, while BSS are the heels, Sanity are loose cannons and that very much reads in this match.

I think the Millie turn is a stroke of genius, while she and Nikki had their own problems, the fact that she gave the champions their win, leaves a lot of questions to be answered. Fortunately because of this storyline, you can focus on this aspect rather than others and still keep Pete Dunne present on-screen. I think this has been a really fun feud, it's definitely one of my favourite matches of the show and the feud could be a potential unsung hero on the card. I think that the tag division feels really important now and while the timing is a bit off, you've got Sanity who feel so much more powerful than they did post-NXT, as well as a plethora of other teams waiting in the wings. I'm glad that Sanity are sticking around as I would like to see where they go next.
    ★★★★
    Tony Nese's recruitment drive Is it a little bit goofier than what we've seen throughout the night? Slightly. However I love this, Nese is already showcasing himself as a narcissist and the UK brand developing these Cruiserweights beyong just being Cruiserweights really adds to the characters that they've been lacking. Nese has a great look, he's a hybrid athlete, he's a former champion - I'm intrigued to see what this means for him on the UK brand. ★★
    The House of Couture segment I said earlier that I enjoy the House of Couture, I would love to see Lana and Nina built more as I recall them only having a few tag matches together here and there, however I liked the segments they've had prior to facing Nox. Jinny is a Diva and I'm here for it, I really like that she's found someone to blame but I hope it doesn't lead to the House's fall. ★★★
    Spike Trivet vs. Kassius Ohno I really enjoyed the ending to this match, sorry to skip ahead but the visuals were really entertaining. There have been a lot of heel victories tonight, however bar the submission locks, the latter two have felt really fresh and interesting. I like that Ohno comes into the match dominant, it really pays tribute to his veteran status and I'm glad it wasn't ignored for the sake of making Trivet look good.

I think Trivet had a future on the brand, Ohno is a great talent and I hope that he does have better luck in future. I hate that he became the gatekeeper during his WWE run, I would love to see him showcase his actual talents here. The end could potentially lead to another beat in the storyline or Trivet could argue that he's got the victory and washed his hands, either way I'm interested in both characters' future.
    ★★★★
    An update to the main event Nothing too deep to report, however I did enjoy this added stipulation as it really disables Aichner. At the same time, this being pointed out gives a feeling that there could still be shenanigans ahead.
    Aussie Open vs. The Mighty I'm a big fan of both teams, it makes sense to have this as the co-main event, I would like to think that the atmosphere here would be pretty fanatical if it wasn't already. I think both teams could have easily had title runs, obviously in this instance that won't be happening. However your booking decision makes sense, people have to move on at some point to prevent things going stale, you can't just sign and bring in characters, people have to eventually go. That double team move to finish the match looks/sounds nasty!

I just love that this is the epic conclusion of another really well built feud, I sometimes think that tag feuds can fall to the wayside because it involves more than two people, but really there has been so many beats to this story that I think this is the perfect moment to finish it. Kinda...obviously Reed turns on Thorne and Vink, which does hurt them slightly but now you have Reed (who is staying) emerge as this breakout star, the phoenix from the ashes of The Mighty. As for Aussie Open, they finally have the bragging rights, though I'm intrigued to see where Adam Brooks falls within this. Brooks had flip-flopped between the two stables and ultimately has the victory but does he stay with the other two or go his own way? He's definitely got potential as a singles star and this win only helps him further.
    ★★★★
    Kassius Ohno and Timothy Thatcher segment It seems that Ohno isn't content with dealing with one obnoxious heel, however I do think that while Trivet's heat feels very within the character, Thatcher does feel more of a ring veteran so it creates a different dynamic. I would love to see these two go at it, I think that they could really work some magic together.
    Fabian Aichner vs. Finn Bálor - WWE UK Championship I know I have said to you before that I loved the segment earlier in the show and that remains true, however I REALLY wish (and I've told you this before) that you kept Bálor a secret, I get that maybe it was to hype the card for the readers but I just think that it would've been such a good moment to see Bálor not only appear but win the title. Aichner has had such a good run at the top, I think he's a character you've really built from the ground upwards and I really hope that continues for him outside of the championship. However with everything that has happened in real-life, I think Bálor coming in and winning just creates this new era for the brand and your project.

I think that you've got an established and diverse roster, Bálor just helps bind that and perhaps give it a more mainstream feel - which is why I suggested him - however as I said earlier, I do think he benefits from being on the show also. I think that the match is really well written, some may argue that it's a risk having Bálor win the title when he's had no build and literally shown up but I think this is one of those moments where the element of surprise takes over. I think that a fresh start was needed and if Aichner was going to lose, it's better to have someone like Bálor spearhead than a hasty re-write for someone who may not be ready.
    ★★★★
    Highlights - Bálor/Aichner match and promo
    - British Strong Style vs. Sanity match
    - Trivet/Ohno match finish
    Lowlights - Owens/Kai and Niven/KLR segments
    - Spoiling your surprises
    Overall... You've done amazing work, especially given the re-writes. I know a lot of writers have been affected by the online movement but you literally had that on a Titanic scale and you've pulled through. The show isn't good because you've had to re-write it or 'it's good for a hastily changed card', it's just good. Period. Some segments I felt weren't necessarily needed and I do think sometimes you've keen to overshare your plans that it can ruin the moment - Bálor for example - however even those critiques dull in comparison to the work you put out. Keep it up! I'll be reading.
    Last edited by Looking Glass; 07-02-2020 at 07:51 PM.

Heel Champion

Status

Quote Originally Posted by Looking Glass View Post

T H R O U G H
    T H E
    L O O K I N G
    G L A S S

Kenny Williams vs. Michael Oku Kenny Williams is a guy who I think is loaded with potential in real-life but stuck with this annoying babyface gimmick, so I was beyond happy when he turned a few months ago in this project. Michael Oku isn't someone I was overly familiar with before reading WWE UK but I feel as a viewer, I've really gotten to know him.

Initially I thought he may just end up being roster-fodder for battle royales. Kenny looks really good in this, the satellite DDT on the apron is a really nice spot and justifiably seals the deal, however I like that you exercise the character more by having Williams lock in a submission to torture Oku further rather than simply go for the pin. I think given the amount of segments and character-work you've done on this, it's a really good way to open the show.
    ★★★
    Shelton Benjamin Interview I think Shelton could be a real asset to the WWE UK brand and I'm glad that you're mixing the talent up. I think while the brand is 'UK' it shouldn't mean that everyone on the roster is UK-based. In this instance, Benjamin feels like a touring star, whereas people would likely take him for granted if they went to see him on RAW or SD.

Interesting to have him announce that he was Flash Morgan Webster's opponent, it's quite unconventional to do it backstage rather than surprise the crowd but I don't mind it.
    ★★
    Fabien Aichner vs. Finn Bálor promo I REALLY enjoyed reading this, I suggested Bálor as a replacement for the main event because similarly to Benjamin, I think that the UK crowd would see him as a star. I don't thinl his star has faded like Shelton's but an uneventful time on the main roster has definitely dampened his reputation. Given that everything was changed on the fly, there really has been no build to the main event, so essentially it's relying on the bankability of Bálor and the talent of both competitors. However, this promo creates a narrative that makes me feel there' been a feud this whole time.

I love that Aichner feels that Bálor sold his soul, I think I can see through his eyes because a lot of it is what people have felt for a while. I like that it was one combined segment rather than split into two throughout the show, it felt very well done and the visuals were a nice touch.
    ★★★★
    Timothy Thatcher vs. Steve Xavier - Commonwealth Championship It makes me laugh that people are legitimately challenging for the title when it isn't technically sanctioned, however I think it makes Thatcher feel like a real star. I find it odd to see him on NXT given how he's portrayed in WWE UK and Bivens as a mouthpiece again makes him feel like a real star in the making. Xavier I wasn't as familiar with before the project but I enjoy his unpredictability and I think he makes for a really good foe to Thatcher. I like that this match feels a bit more evenly balanced compared to the last, Xavier has some really good spots.

I would say having read the last match and now this one, you have another heel win by submission - which isn't an issue - but they again hold the move after the bell. Classic tropes, however try to either bridge the matches out or refrain from overusing them just because it can take away from the segment.
    ★★★
    Spike Trivet interview Like Thatcher, I think Trivet is another really strong heel on the UK brand, it's crazy because I liked to think of myself as a British Wrestling fan but this project has opened my eyes to so many talents. As with Thatcher, I think that you've done a good job of building his presence with use of an additional character, in this case - Ridge Holland - it's very much an MJF/Wardlow vibe come to think about it.

Again, I like how your heels go for the jugular, Trivet pointing out this is the first time Ohno is in the spotlight (you could argue as Chris Hero, he has had his fair share of moments but never fulfilled the potential as Ohno). Ethan Carter III coming in and interrupting is interesting, it seems very much that he's going to be a thorn in the side of Trivet rather than a friend - it'll be interesting to see how the similar gimmicks are portrayed on both sides of the scale.
    ★★★
    Kasey Owens and Dakota Kai segment I did think this was an unusual choice given that Showcase is essentially a PPV, I get that there's a mixture of matches and segments but hyping a match for the regular show next week made it feel a bit more like a special broadcast than a PPV. It's not to say that I didn't enjoy it, I just thought that it's the kind of thing you'd announce on WWE.com, however you including it does make it feel more important. ★★
    The Foreign Legion & The Grizzled Young Veterans vs Ilja Druganov, Joe Hendry, Mark Andrews, Rampage Brown & Tyson T-Bone While the #SpeakOut movement did cause chaos for this show, I think this is the match it seemed to affect the most. Of course your main event was important but in sheer numbers there was just more people to fill-in, it could've altered the match or seemed awkward to have two debuting names on the same team (that weren't a tag team) but I like how it came together. I love both heel tag teams, I think Gibson has real potential and I've enjoyed his work in real life since NGW, I like that Sabian has been added to allow Gibson the chance to transition into singles action and am interested in how that develops.

However, the babyfaces always had to win, I think Rampage looks really good from this as someone who has finally had the trigger pulled on their push, Tyson benefits given that he's been in this project for a while but never had the exposure and Andrews continues to pave his way to the the top. Druganov and Hendry obviously look like heroes here and I'll be interested to see how these two big names impact the brand moving forward.
    ★★★
    Wade Barrett meets with Mark Coffey I guess we may never know what will happen with the Coffey Brothers but in a way life has made that decision for you. Mark could have faded into obscurity but instead he re-enters the tag team division, which I think I've commented before was the division that needed the attention.

Noam Dar is a natural fit for the brand, he was being squandered on 205 Live in real life and NXT UK helped legitimize him and I think the same can be done here. Again, is this segment needed on PPV? Not necessarily but given that this segment was previously advertised I'm not as baffled by it as the Kai/Owens one.
    ★★
    Kenny Williams and Mark Andrews collide I like the nod to Kenny and Mark's previous feud here, while I've commented on whether some segments are needed, I think that this could have only made sense in this scenario, to get that 'live', raw emotion. I really enjoyed the fact that while Andrews was the hurt party in the story before, he's over Kenny now, he's moved on and he's built himself up. I think it would've been too easy just to have Williams belittle Andrews again, so I'm glad that Andrews stood up for himself. ★★★★
    Emma vs. Toni Storm I think Toni has been consistently booked strong throughout this project and I'm really excited that Emma was brought back into the UK brand. I think the feud writes itself and while Emma had a few matches on WWE UK, this really felt like her big return. I would say that the match is shorter than I anticipated but that may be the summary style rather than the intention. Again, I like that you make use of the whole ring in your matches, the apron being a pivotal turning point here. Storm wins and moves forward, Emma losing could be seen as controversial having brought her back but at the same time, I think that the feud itself and having a storyline has benefitted her more than her main roster run ever did. ★★★
    Eric Young's attack Albeit short, that's all this segment needed to be, I like that the team were livid rather than panicked at the attack. Sanity are wild, so they don't need to be scared, however they have a match to win, so I like that there was this take on it rather than "OH ERIC NEEDS HELP!" ★★
    Millie McKenzie Interview I was initially taken aback by Millie's involvement in the Sanity/British Strong Style feud, however I'm a massive fan of hers in real life, so was excited that she had the opportunity. I think with such a competitive women's division, it's easy to get lost so having Millie appear here does help her stand-out, even if she's not in a match. Can people speak with a fractured jaw though?? ★★★
    Tegan Nox vs. Jinny - WWE UK Women's Championship I'm a big fan of both women, in particular Jinny, however I know that real-life events have put a bit of a cloud above her name. I love that Jinny had Lana and Nina with her at ringside, I think this House of Couture works so much better than the previous incarnation and I love their involvement in the match. Nox has had a mammoth run, it's starting to feel like Asuka's initial NXT Women's title run where it felt like no one could beat her but at the same time that it was only a matter of time before someone took the title.

I loved that the chain from the designer bag was used as a weapon, of course Nox benefitted from the move and lives to regin another day but with your women's division, there's literally 5 contenders still waiting in the wings!
    ★★★★
    The Iconics make their mark I think that the Iconics are a marvellous addition to the brand, just when you thought Toni had battled her hometown demons, Peyton and Billie join the party. As funny as the duo can be, they work best when they're getting wins and combining their humour with dominance, so I'm glad that this was physical rather than simple trash-talk. ★★★
    Drew Gulak promo I think this was simple and effective, a nice little promo while the show continues. I think Gulak's style will really gel with a lot of talents on the brand, I'm interested to see where he strikes first. ★★
    Wonderland Expands I'm glad that you haven't scrapped Isla Dawn and her Wonderland troop just yet, i think you've really rebirthed the character and you have done the same with Aivil (and previously Gallagher) before having to rewrite. Yes, it does pour a bucket of cold water on the really good feud you had written but Isla has a trick up her sleeve and I'm excited to meet the Knave! ★★★
    Morgan Webster vs. Shelton Benjamin Of course this match isn't going to have the same build as what was initially planned but I would like to think if I was in the crowd, that I would still be excited to see an unsung hero like Benjamin wrestle instead.

Nice to see a handshake, it seems to answer Benjamin's disposition early on. A surprising outcome, though it could have gone either way, build Webster or give Shelton a dominant start. I don't think there is a loser here and to be fair, Benjamin getting off to a victory really helps him establish his credibility - I also love the Dragon Whip move.
    ★★
    Kay Lee Ray & Piper Niven promo I think this is like the bookend to the Kai/Owens segment, I like that you take the time to hype these future matches. I just don't know whether it needed to be on PPV. I'm not hating it, it's better than not having any advertising for it, maybe it's because I am used to seeing it just being announced online that I find it to be odd. ★★
    The Kanellis' arrive All the stars you have brought over are actual talents that aren't being given the limelight that they necessarily deserve, I'm really happy to see Mike get a chance to shine, I also like that he is immediately brought into a situation with Webster, who despite losing his match, still feels like he could take Kanellis down a peg or two. Nice foreshadowing. ★★★
    Sanity vs. British Strong Style - WWE UK Tag Team Championships I said the multi-match from earlier was the one that had to be changed the most but I know in terms of the match itself that this is probably the one that thwarted your plans (as well as the main event). I think that fortunately reverting it back to a standard tag team match and having two stables feature saved the match from having to have any further amednments and really, this doesn't take anything away from the build. I love how chaotic this match is, while BSS are the heels, Sanity are loose cannons and that very much reads in this match.

I think the Millie turn is a stroke of genius, while she and Nikki had their own problems, the fact that she gave the champions their win, leaves a lot of questions to be answered. Fortunately because of this storyline, you can focus on this aspect rather than others and still keep Pete Dunne present on-screen. I think this has been a really fun feud, it's definitely one of my favourite matches of the show and the feud could be a potential unsung hero on the card. I think that the tag division feels really important now and while the timing is a bit off, you've got Sanity who feel so much more powerful than they did post-NXT, as well as a plethora of other teams waiting in the wings. I'm glad that Sanity are sticking around as I would like to see where they go next.
    ★★★★
    Tony Nese's recruitment drive Is it a little bit goofier than what we've seen throughout the night? Slightly. However I love this, Nese is already showcasing himself as a narcissist and the UK brand developing these Cruiserweights beyong just being Cruiserweights really adds to the characters that they've been lacking. Nese has a great look, he's a hybrid athlete, he's a former champion - I'm intrigued to see what this means for him on the UK brand. ★★
    The House of Couture segment I said earlier that I enjoy the House of Couture, I would love to see Lana and Nina built more as I recall them only having a few tag matches together here and there, however I liked the segments they've had prior to facing Nox. Jinny is a Diva and I'm here for it, I really like that she's found someone to blame but I hope it doesn't lead to the House's fall. ★★★
    Spike Trivet vs. Kassius Ohno I really enjoyed the ending to this match, sorry to skip ahead but the visuals were really entertaining. There have been a lot of heel victories tonight, however bar the submission locks, the latter two have felt really fresh and interesting. I like that Ohno comes into the match dominant, it really pays tribute to his veteran status and I'm glad it wasn't ignored for the sake of making Trivet look good.

I think Trivet had a future on the brand, Ohno is a great talent and I hope that he does have better luck in future. I hate that he became the gatekeeper during his WWE run, I would love to see him showcase his actual talents here. The end could potentially lead to another beat in the storyline or Trivet could argue that he's got the victory and washed his hands, either way I'm interested in both characters' future.
    ★★★★
    An update to the main event Nothing too deep to report, however I did enjoy this added stipulation as it really disables Aichner. At the same time, this being pointed out gives a feeling that there could still be shenanigans ahead.
    Aussie Open vs. The Mighty I'm a big fan of both teams, it makes sense to have this as the co-main event, I would like to think that the atmosphere here would be pretty fanatical if it wasn't already. I think both teams could have easily had title runs, obviously in this instance that won't be happening. However your booking decision makes sense, people have to move on at some point to prevent things going stale, you can't just sign and bring in characters, people have to eventually go. That double team move to finish the match looks/sounds nasty!

I just love that this is the epic conclusion of another really well built feud, I sometimes think that tag feuds can fall to the wayside because it involves more than two people, but really there has been so many beats to this story that I think this is the perfect moment to finish it. Kinda...obviously Reed turns on Thorne and Vink, which does hurt them slightly but now you have Reed (who is staying) emerge as this breakout star, the phoenix from the ashes of The Mighty. As for Aussie Open, they finally have the bragging rights, though I'm intrigued to see where Adam Brooks falls within this. Brooks had flip-flopped between the two stables and ultimately has the victory but does he stay with the other two or go his own way? He's definitely got potential as a singles star and this win only helps him further.
    ★★★★
    Kassius Ohno and Timothy Thatcher segment It seems that Ohno isn't content with dealing with one obnoxious heel, however I do think that while Trivet's heat feels very within the character, Thatcher does feel more of a ring veteran so it creates a different dynamic. I would love to see these two go at it, I think that they could really work some magic together.
    Fabian Aichner vs. Finn Bálor - WWE UK Championship I know I have said to you before that I loved the segment earlier in the show and that remains true, however I REALLY wish (and I've told you this before) that you kept Bálor a secret, I get that maybe it was to hype the card for the readers but I just think that it would've been such a good moment to see Bálor not only appear but win the title. Aichner has had such a good run at the top, I think he's a character you've really built from the ground upwards and I really hope that continues for him outside of the championship. However with everything that has happened in real-life, I think Bálor coming in and winning just creates this new era for the brand and your project.

I think that you've got an established and diverse roster, Bálor just helps bind that and perhaps give it a more mainstream feel - which is why I suggested him - however as I said earlier, I do think he benefits from being on the show also. I think that the match is really well written, some may argue that it's a risk having Bálor win the title when he's had no build and literally shown up but I think this is one of those moments where the element of surprise takes over. I think that a fresh start was needed and if Aichner was going to lose, it's better to have someone like Bálor spearhead than a hasty re-write for someone who may not be ready.
    ★★★★
    Highlights - Bálor/Aichner match and promo
    - British Strong Style vs. Sanity match
    - Trivet/Ohno match finish
    Lowlights - Owens/Kai and Niven/KLR segments
    - Spoiling your surprises
    Overall... You've done amazing work, especially given the re-writes. I know a lot of writers have been affected by the online movement but you literally had that on a Titanic scale and you've pulled through. The show isn't good because you've had to re-write it or 'it's good for a hastily changed card', it's just good. Period. Some segments I felt weren't necessarily needed and I do think sometimes you've keen to overshare your plans that it can ruin the moment - Bálor for example - however even those critiques dull in comparison to the work you put out. Keep it up! I'll be reading.
    Cheers for taking the time to leave a review mate. I really appreciate it and obviously thanks for all the help you've given me so far with the project. Kenny is someone I feel IRL deserves a lot more success than he has had in the WWE. So I'm glad to know we are on the same page there. I think what I like about his story here is that things sorta fell into place organically as they went on and he is in some ways quite the justifiable heel. Not by his actions but in some way and this will be further delved in on. You can understand why he is doing what he is doing. The new arrivals I have to say all together saved the brand as I think any other showcase before with all the losses, I wouldn't know what to do. But with all the impending arrivals and the new additions it was salvageable. Shelton's story here which as you put it, he's touring in many ways is to show everyone that he still has it. He's not past his prime and I think what's good about that is he can wrestle anyone up and down the card accordingly.

The Balor/Aichner promo was an absolute delight for me to think about and write up. These combination promos have been a staple of mine for a little while and honestly as you know this promo slot was originally gonna be Aichner and Devlin. So it was good to not only be able to redo the segment but honestly better it as I was able to find so much substance on how Balor fared with the main roster. I do agree in hindsight the back to back heels holding the submissions was a mistake in context. I think what it was, was that Thatcher was always gonna sub Xavier but with Kenny I kept going back and forth on how he should win. Which basically led to me giving him a nasty little prick moment. Unfortunately it defo detracted a little from Thatcher which wasn't intended.

Honestly the great thing about this brand is that for me I've been introduced to some new guys as well. Trivet is a big one who I've become very high on and I can't wait to keep pushing him to the forefront. He is someone easy to hate and now with EC3 in, I've got some real fun ideas planned. OK so I totally get your point on Kasey/Kai and truth be told it's not just this show I do it. I always see Showcases as a season finale of sorts so I try and leave some plot threads for what will happen next season. So I understand for sure while it seems out of place, I just wanted if it makes sense to push a what happens next narrative. Honestly mate the 10 man tag was defo impacted hugely. So much about it changed as originally this was all to showcase Travis Banks. But now I defo feel the match worked better as an intro for Dragunov and Hendry. Both of whom I'm very eager to pull the trigger on.

Dar/Coffey is something we discussed quite a lot and honestly again I know it might not be Showcase worthy news. But I did advertise a Coffey segment so it was a great means to wrap up the story. I have to be honest with you Emma/Toni was a match I struggled to determine a winner for. As honestly both really did need the win but with what is coming up, I think Toni winning was for sure the right call. I got to be honest with you, I've had my jaw fractured and while it did suck. I was able to manage to talk a little. Plus as we got to know later on in the night, there was a lot more to that story than one might expect haha. Totally agree with your words on the TLC match, it defo beneffited from becoming a straight tag match. The McKenzie heel turn is one I've been excited for a long while now and I can straight up say, her trajectory now on the brand has gone even higher with what I've got planned. Very excited for what I've got in store for her.

Straight up Trivet/Ohno was a lot of fun to write. Because I just had this scene in mind that Ohno all around is better but Spike is just this absolute twat who'll take whatever shortcut comes his way. That's what made it so much fun, I will say as you can tell with their segments on this show that for now this is the end of Ohno/Trivet. Aussie Open/The Mighty as co-main had to be done. I mean as you said it, in front of their own crowd the atmosphere would have been mad. This was very much the culmination of a story that has been built since the 2nd Showcase which is crazy to say it's had 64 weeks of build up to this moment and while it's a shame to be losing Thorne and Vink, it's definitely a great way to push forward this new era with the brand and start fresh. So I totally get where you are coming from about Balor but there is a reason I announced it before hand and it's honestly the same reason, I've come to dislike things like playing a wrestler's theme on a run in. Because it comes off all pre arranged, I want to keep my project basically as real feeling and authentic as possible if you get me. So the reason I went about it was partly because I didn't think I could justify having Aichner vs ???? as a main event. Even though that would have been a kick ass surprise! Also I think it would have meant i couldn't do that promo package the way I did it earlier on as it would have all been prearranged as opposed to a surprise. It's something which I've been thinking for a little while now, might be a bit silly though looking back on my part haha. Thank you once again for leaving the review mate. I'm really glad you enjoyed the show!

Underdog

Status

A PPV Event I think a lot like myself have been waiting for. Shade as I mentioned before with the SpeakingOut Movement I think you did a great job shuffling stuff around now before I get any further into the showcase I just want to say this show was chock full of matches and promos and it was a little daunting to read. It felt like when you watch a WrestleMania nowadays (before the two night spectacular). It was a little exhausting to be quite frank. Some promos maybe felt not needed, still I felt despite how long it took to read it needed to be reviewed.

As Looking Glass mentioned Kenny Williams’s viciousness was on full display here, not only with the Satellite DDT but not ending it there and instead looking in the submission. Really good opening bout.

Benjamin and Webster I can dig it.

I get the hyping of the main event especially since there are changes to the card, but felt just placement wise this could have waited till we’ve gotten to that point before the main event.

Thatcher/Xavier was low-key one of my favorite matches on the card. I’m quickly becoming more and more of a fan of Thatcher, and while I never felt Xavier had a shot, you made him look strong in the lost, but Thatcher is too much.

Kind of setting up Trivet and EC3 is fine, although I felt this wasn’t really needed during the show and could be better suited for say a Sydney Showcase after the show WWE.com exclusive.

I think you played this one perfectly for Hendry and Dragunov to sort of claim the spotlight at the end. Despite their being ten people in this match, it was a pretty well constructed match overall.

Dar should be a nice addition although him and Coffey I could see going sideways, while a Williams/Andrews feud could be great.

Another apron move to sort of influence the finish? Sort of took away from the match slightly since we saw it earlier in the night with Williams. Anyway, besides that good action between these two woman and a nice secondary women’s match to the UK Women’s Championship.

Young getting attacked and injured?!?!? It is SAnitY after-all so I’m surprised they get jumped as opposed to the ones doing the jumping if you know what I mean. But now they have extra motivation for later tonight.

I don’t know if I really needed this Rose Garden segment it kind of brings the event down if you ask me (cools it off), especially with it not only following a women’s match, but then also going on before a women’s match. I just don’t like how all the women stuff was put together in the middle of the show. Anyway onto the championship match between Nox and Jinny. Nox, who I am a big fan retain to no surprise, although I think the House of Couture is one badass stable.

Again more stuff with the females. I don’t know I just feel like it is too much all at once, plus again it’s another promo I feel that is not really needed at this point. Again it feels like it cools down the event quite a bit and should be saved for like a normal episode of NXT UK.

I understand taking the underutilized like Benjamin or Kanellis and while there is a huge UK roster already how many more Americans are going to be featured on the brand before it gets to be too much. I’m all for Gulak joining, but including Benjamin and Kanellis that’s three American’s you have. I guess I would just hope this doesn’t turn into NXT 2.0….ya know? But out of all the new additions, I’m most excited for Tony Nese and who he chooses as a manager.

Anyway with the mention of Benjamin I was a little surprised he won as I felt maybe he would put Webster over or when offer the handshake turn heel, but still a good win for Benjamin here.

A lot to digest here, and while I loved the match as a whole, the ending really fell flat with me. I’m sorry, for the brutal honesty. I get the whole shock and awe factor, but the hug at the end, and even if Millie has had problems with Nikki in the past, I just don’t know. I would have liked it that it was more that Pete forced her hand as opposed to her aligning with them. I assume this isn’t the end between the two teams tho.

Just as I say I like House of Couture there seems to be a riff between the sides. Unbelievable lol.

I really don’t know nothing about Spike Trivet, but I loved the way you wrote him in the earlier promo and then throughout this match. The ending was quite creative, especially focusing in on Ohno’s injured eye from previous encounters. I thought this was maybe your most unique ending (besides the TLC match), but unlike the TLC match I liked this one more from a booking stand-point.

I do have a few questions. I wondered why this was the co-main event as opposed to a championship match (mainly the TLC tag team) and I also wondered why Thorne seemed to only blame Reed for the now disbanding of The Mighty. Despite these questions, I’m interested to see where all three men go from here as all have plenty of talent. Reed is a bull, Vink has a ton of charisma and Thorne is just all-around solid.

Again just another promo that I felt wasn’t really needed.

Main event time and as I said I feel like Aichner is the best booked in all of WC. Anyway onto the match…this delivered! Huge fan of the match and I think I like Aichner dropping, because he can say he wasn’t properly prepared for Balor and I feel like in the long run if he gets the title back from Balor, that will be better for him in the long run and give him more legitimacy as a power player on the UK Brand.

Overall: I think some of the promos and instant reactions after wins or a lost sort of cooled down the event. Felt like some of the promos weren’t even needed. I understand you wanted to get a jump start on some future feuds, but felt some things could have been saved. Thatcher/Ohno comes to mind. However, I think your matches and most if not all of your booking decisions were brilliant. Maybe the one I’m iffy on is Benjamin, but in all honesty it could have gone 50/50 either way. Shade I don’t think you get enough credit on this site and after so much hype I think you really delivered. I applaud your effort, especially after many changes made to the show. Can’t wait to see what you have in store for the UK brand, especially with Balor leading the charge.

EDIT: Guess you can disregard my comments about Thorne/Vink and all the NXT guys joining the brand lol.
    Last edited by RatedR31; Today at 12:24 AM.

-ICONIC-

Heel Champion

Status

Quote Originally Posted by RatedR31 View Post
    A PPV Event I think a lot like myself have been waiting for. Shade as I mentioned before with the SpeakingOut Movement I think you did a great job shuffling stuff around now before I get any further into the showcase I just want to say this show was chock full of matches and promos and it was a little daunting to read. It felt like when you watch a WrestleMania nowadays (before the two night spectacular). It was a little exhausting to be quite frank. Some promos maybe felt not needed, still I felt despite how long it took to read it needed to be reviewed.

As Looking Glass mentioned Kenny Williams’s viciousness was on full display here, not only with the Satellite DDT but not ending it there and instead looking in the submission. Really good opening bout.

Benjamin and Webster I can dig it.

I get the hyping of the main event especially since there are changes to the card, but felt just placement wise this could have waited till we’ve gotten to that point before the main event.

Thatcher/Xavier was low-key one of my favorite matches on the card. I’m quickly becoming more and more of a fan of Thatcher, and while I never felt Xavier had a shot, you made him look strong in the lost, but Thatcher is too much.

Kind of setting up Trivet and EC3 is fine, although I felt this wasn’t really needed during the show and could be better suited for say a Sydney Showcase after the show WWE.com exclusive.

I think you played this one perfectly for Hendry and Dragunov to sort of claim the spotlight at the end. Despite their being ten people in this match, it was a pretty well constructed match overall.

Dar should be a nice addition although him and Coffey I could see going sideways, while a Williams/Andrews feud could be great.

Another apron move to sort of influence the finish? Sort of took away from the match slightly since we saw it earlier in the night with Williams. Anyway, besides that good action between these two woman and a nice secondary women’s match to the UK Women’s Championship.

Young getting attacked and injured?!?!? It is SAnitY after-all so I’m surprised they get jumped as opposed to the ones doing the jumping if you know what I mean. But now they have extra motivation for later tonight.

I don’t know if I really needed this Rose Garden segment it kind of brings the event down if you ask me (cools it off), especially with it not only following a women’s match, but then also going on before a women’s match. I just don’t like how all the women stuff was put together in the middle of the show. Anyway onto the championship match between Nox and Jinny. Nox, who I am a big fan retain to no surprise, although I think the House of Couture is one badass stable.

Again more stuff with the females. I don’t know I just feel like it is too much all at once, plus again it’s another promo I feel that is not really needed at this point. Again it feels like it cools down the event quite a bit and should be saved for like a normal episode of NXT UK.

I understand taking the underutilized like Benjamin or Kanellis and while there is a huge UK roster already how many more Americans are going to be featured on the brand before it gets to be too much. I’m all for Gulak joining, but including Benjamin and Kanellis that’s three American’s you have. I guess I would just hope this doesn’t turn into NXT 2.0….ya know? But out of all the new additions, I’m most excited for Tony Nese and who he chooses as a manager.

Anyway with the mention of Benjamin I was a little surprised he won as I felt maybe he would put Webster over or when offer the handshake turn heel, but still a good win for Benjamin here.

A lot to digest here, and while I loved the match as a whole, the ending really fell flat with me. I’m sorry, for the brutal honesty. I get the whole shock and awe factor, but the hug at the end, and even if Millie has had problems with Nikki in the past, I just don’t know. I would have liked it that it was more that Pete forced her hand as opposed to her aligning with them. I assume this isn’t the end between the two teams tho.

Just as I say I like House of Couture there seems to be a riff between the sides. Unbelievable lol.

I really don’t know nothing about Spike Trivet, but I loved the way you wrote him in the earlier promo and then throughout this match. The ending was quite creative, especially focusing in on Ohno’s injured eye from previous encounters. I thought this was maybe your most unique ending (besides the TLC match), but unlike the TLC match I liked this one more from a booking stand-point.

I do have a few questions. I wondered why this was the co-main event as opposed to a championship match (mainly the TLC tag team) and I also wondered why Thorne seemed to only blame Reed for the now disbanding of The Mighty. Despite these questions, I’m interested to see where all three men go from here as all have plenty of talent. Reed is a bull, Vink has a ton of charisma and Thorne is just all-around solid.

Again just another promo that I felt wasn’t really needed.

Main event time and as I said I feel like Aichner is the best booked in all of WC. Anyway onto the match…this delivered! Huge fan of the match and I think I like Aichner dropping, because he can say he wasn’t properly prepared for Balor and I feel like in the long run if he gets the title back from Balor, that will be better for him in the long run and give him more legitimacy as a power player on the UK Brand.

Overall: I think some of the promos and instant reactions after wins or a lost sort of cooled down the event. Felt like some of the promos weren’t even needed. I understand you wanted to get a jump start on some future feuds, but felt some things could have been saved. Thatcher/Ohno comes to mind. However, I think your matches and most if not all of your booking decisions were brilliant. Maybe the one I’m iffy on is Benjamin, but in all honesty it could have gone 50/50 either way. Shade I don’t think you get enough credit on this site and after so much hype I think you really delivered. I applaud your effort, especially after many changes made to the show. Can’t wait to see what you have in store for the UK brand, especially with Balor leading the charge.

EDIT: Guess you can disregard my comments about Thorne/Vink and all the NXT guys joining the brand lol.
    Thank you for taking the time to leave a review mate. I will admit in hindsight and even when I was writing it I was like yeah this is gonna be a bulky show. It's definitely a little mistake I make a little too often and it genuinely is one I'm trying to rectify. I think what part of my issue is, is the time line in that I purposely make each showcase exactly at the 4 month mark from the last one. So I have over 15 weeks of shows to write in between and end up slowly enjoying little stories or threads and turning them into big event matches. I am now working to stream line things especially as I look to incorporate some network special events to handle stories a little more effectively. The same with the segments I know now, that there was definitely about 4 or 5 that didn't need to be there for sure. Could be a little more. That is something I will remember for next time round.

The Kenny Williams bout to kick things off was a lot of fun to write but I will admit two spots in it, by it's positioning did leave some slight issues later on. One was the late submission which Looking Glass referenced and the other was the apron spot you brought up. I truly just wanted to convey his mean streak here and while it did that effectively. It did hamper two later bouts a little if you get me. With the Rose Garden segment that is one personally I wanted to keep on the event but probably could have stream lined a little. More just as it does set up the Millie McKenzie turn a bit further on.

So with the arrival of the main roster refugees. Obviously I know there has been a lot of chaos with my brand and roster lately but this was something that I had in the pipeline for a while and I know it's kinda a controversial move. Simply because obviously it is quite different from the norm I had set in place with the brand. What I will say is, everyone brought in is not here for the long haul. If it makes sense I brought these individuals in each for a story or stories on their part while they were under used on the brand and this will be a stop gap for them until the main roster comes a calling again. I appreciate the honesty on the TLC match. As honestly like I really wanted the Millie turn to come off big. What I will say is, this coming week's show Millie does have a promo lined up and in which she will explain herself and why. Hopefully with this promo it helps redeem the turn and everything to you. Because there is such a wealth of history here especially with her and Dunne which I feel can provide a lot more insight.

With the Co-Main event I'm not gonna lie, it's placement was entirely down to the fact that the feud in particular had been set up since Showcase 2. So there was a total of 64 weeks of build which is shocking for me to look back and say in regards to Shane Thorne and Aussie Open. Along with this, they are all home town boys so the crowd would have been on their feet. Plus with Thorne blaming Reed, this seed was planted a little while ago on a UK brand episode. It was more a tease than anything when Shane opted to bump Reed out of a tag match and team with Vink himself. As for the main event that was a delight to write and I'm pleased you are still enjoying my build with Aichner. I can't deny there has been a few big changes to his story with Devlin and Banks for that matter going. But I've managed to keep a lot of his arc in and while I don't want to give too much away, he will be as big a focus as ever following this defeat. Thank you once again for the review mate! Much appreciated you taking the time to do so!

Page 16 of 16 FirstFirst ... 6141516

Thread Information