Du bindest einen Blumenkranz...
    ...wieso siehst du so traurig aus?

On Vacation

Status
      Country                    Puerto Rico

Re: #AllIn - The 10,000 Seat Event

Quote Originally Posted by Oz View Post
    Okada with no balloons...
    He's about his business too. This is what this Match needs.

Really pulling for Marty here.

TAKE THE DREAM~

Status
      Country                    England

Okada!!!!!! The moment I've been waiting for.
    We Don't Confrom, Kiss Ass Or Get Married
    Spoiler:

Milano Forever!
    NJPW Threads

Scumbag Role Model

Status
      Country                    United States

Quote Originally Posted by Oz View Post
    Okada with no balloons...
    Good.
    -------
    Quote Originally Posted by RaiZ-R View Post
    What the fuck is happening to you guys? I once got a blowjob where she used her teeth a little bit too much and I ended up with a bloody dick, I still enjoyed the blowjob up to the point I started bleeding. I can honestly say that I have never had anything I would call a bad blowjob, that wasn't a great experience but up until I started gushing blood I was having a great time!
    Spoiler:

On Vacation

Status

CHICKEN WING!!!

PASS OUT OKADA!

BRO

Status

That match was so lit!

TAKE THE DREAM~

Status

Really enjoyed the match. Scurll and Okada seemingly have no chemistry for half the match but they go there in the end and it turned out to be a blast.
    We Don't Confrom, Kiss Ass Or Get Married
    Spoiler:

Milano Forever!
    NJPW Threads

On Vacation

Status

The Athleticism in the Six Man Tag was so damn good. I think they rushed the finish to get to the time, and Pentagon vs Omega should of Main Evented.

Still one heck of a Show to watch let's do it again sometime fellas.

Forever The Revival

Status

I really enjoyed that show. There wasn't a bad match on the card and there was a couple matches that needed a few minutes shaved off it, but that was a damn good show. Easily a top 10 PPV of the year for me. Can't wait until All In 2 whenever it happens, because you know it's going to happen again.

Quote Originally Posted by Matrix View Post
    Easily a top 10 PPV of the year for me.
    I haven't seen the show, but I'm left trying to work out if this is an actual compliment or not.

Forever The Revival

Status

Quote Originally Posted by Jim View Post
    I haven't seen the show, but I'm left trying to work out if this is an actual compliment or not.
    Why wouldn't it be? That's counting NXT Takeovers, ROH, TNA and of course main roster WWE. I'm not quite sure how high I'd place it but I had a blast watching that show and enjoyed every match.

Scumbag Role Model

Status

There were some learning curves and some first time mistakes (audio, a lot of time wasted, match order, BTE stuff making it too niche at times for outsiders, etc) but this was still an entertaining show with some good, not great stuff on it. The show will be overrated but it wasn’t bad at all.
    -------
    What the fuck is happening to you guys? I once got a blowjob where she used her teeth a little bit too much and I ended up with a bloody dick, I still enjoyed the blowjob up to the point I started bleeding. I can honestly say that I have never had anything I would call a bad blowjob, that wasn't a great experience but up until I started gushing blood I was having a great time!
    Spoiler:

People's Champion

Status

Cant wait to see this show. Saw all positive reviews. Congrats to those responsible.

Elite and Young Bucks own wrestling!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    ROH!!!ROH!!!ROH!!!

Your Favourite Member's Favourite Admin

Status

Quote Originally Posted by indyfan View Post
    Elite and Young Bucks own wrestling!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    They own wrestling media alright

I still have half the show to watch (the half with the matches I was looking forward to) so I'll be in a better place to comment later, but what I saw so far was an enjoyable, entertaining show that had it's flaws. I spoke on Friday about how I hoped they had learned their lessons from the big ROH shows this year where matches go way too long, and quite obviously they haven't. I think it's really disappointing that the main event had to be cut by more than a half for time and played at fast forward, Bucks were the act most people were there to see and they got short changed because of shit time management. Why add a 10 minute unannounced MJF/Cross match at the start of the show when you know there's a time you have to be finished by, and how hasn't it dawned on them by the start of Scurll/Okada that if it goes the planned 25 minutes, that they won't have the 28 minutes (according to WON) that they want for the main. A big lesson to learn if there's a 2nd All In. Also, the crowd weren't mic'd up good at all, every report I read from people at the event say that the crowd was molten all night, but that didn't come across at all on the feed, they sounded super quiet during matches. Wouldn't surprise me if they used ROH equipment for that because I feel like ROH has that problem too.

Commentary was excellent I thought. Excalibur and Ian were top drawer all night, great decision to pair them up.

Jericho showing up might not be the surprise people were hoping for, but still fairly impressive given that rumour that he wouldn't appear on non-WWE shows in America. Opens up the possibility that he's going to show up at the next New Japan show in the US.

People's Champion

Status

You mean he ll show up at ROH/ NJPW at MSG ( that sold out in 19 mins)
    ROH!!!ROH!!!ROH!!!

Scumbag Role Model

Status

Okada/Scurll got way too much time it felt like (26 minutes deep into the final hour?). With it so close to the end of the show they definitely could have shaven some time off, especially since like a usual Okada match nothing really clicked between the two until the very end.

Quote Originally Posted by indyfan View Post
    You mean he ll show up at ROH/ NJPW at MSG ( that sold out in 19 mins)
    Just like All In, you probably won’t watch that show either
    -------
    Spoiler:

Quote Originally Posted by Matrix View Post
    Why wouldn't it be? That's counting NXT Takeovers, ROH, TNA and of course main roster WWE. I'm not quite sure how high I'd place it but I had a blast watching that show and enjoyed every match.
    But like...has the main roster WWE had a single PPV that people have praised this year? TNA has had a total of one or two PPVs this year (Which admittedly Slammiversary was hyped as being good), I can't think of any ROH PPV that received credit as being great, and that just leaves the typically highly regarded TakeOvers.

Calling a show a top 10 PPV of the year doesn't seem like much praise in 2018 even though I get that you were intending for it to sound like a compliment.

People's Champion

Status

Quote Originally Posted by Tennessee Nicky View Post
    Okada/Scurll got way too much time it felt like (26 minutes deep into the final hour?). With it so close to the end of the show they definitely could have shaven some time off, especially since like a usual Okada match nothing really clicked between the two until the very end.

Just like All In, you probably won’t watch that show either
    I watch things at my leisure. Ill watch it in a year. Im too busy being awesome!!!

I was going to order it but its 40.00 USD and even if i went the ROH route it would of been close to that anyway( with the 50% off)
    Last edited by indyfan; 09-02-2018 at 09:56 AM.
    ROH!!!ROH!!!ROH!!!

Status

Quote Originally Posted by Jim View Post
    But like...has the main roster WWE had a single PPV that people have praised this year? TNA has had a total of one or two PPVs this year (Which admittedly Slammiversary was hyped as being good), I can't think of any ROH PPV that received credit as being great, and that just leaves the typically highly regarded TakeOvers.

Calling a show a top 10 PPV of the year doesn't seem like much praise in 2018 even though I get that you were intending for it to sound like a compliment.
    The rumble and Summerslam were good PPVs. Four Takeovers, and two good TNA ppvs takes it to 8 before you even add ROH into the equation and if Matrix likes the Elite he probably enjoyed the ROH shows too.

Tbh, when people say best PPVs now I take it as the same as best show whether it’s a VOD or ppv. Once you open it up to that, it does become a compliment.

Status

Finished the show.

- the battle royal on the preshow is one of the better battle royals I've seen in a long time. Everyone got their shit in, there was no down period where nothing happened, fun all the way.

- Hangman/Janela was ok, loved the donkey kong spot with the cracker barrel, but once the BTE storyline came into it, they lost me. I do not like Joey Ryan and think he has much to offer any promotion, but they went all in on his return for sure in an attention grabbing way. It'll be interesting to see who tries to bring in Janela, ROH or Impact. Most of the big indie shows I've seen this year have had Janela's fingerprints all over them, and I can't see how someone like Don Callis can sit there on commentary knowing he's not attached to any company right now and doesn't try to bring him into Impact.

- Flip/Lethal. Actually way more fun that I thought it was going to be all down to Lethal playing Black Machismo again. The stuff with him confusing Brandi for Elizabeth was hilarious I thought. Flip was Flip.

- Omega/Pentagon. Good match, felt like a match that would main event a BOLA night 1. A super indie clash which this show really needed.

- Scurll/Okada. Hot first 5 minutes, hot last 5 minutes, but wtf was the middle of that match. So boring and even worse watching it retrospectively knowing it's a big reason why the main got cut short. But you know the amazing GOAT wrestler Kazuchika Okada, can't show any adaptability to trim the fat from his matches, the greatest hits must be played out including 3 rainmakers to finish Marty.

- Main Event 6 man. Nutty af match, and actually I'm not sure if it would of been a match I'd of enjoyed any more if it had a tonne of stalling in it. Really all I'd of wanted was a bit more Ibushi/Mysterio interactions. This was great for the time it got.

Overall the show was really enjoyable for the most part and I'm very happy the show happened and is a marker for a healthy industry. I can't give it a huge recommendation, but I do think it's a show every wrestling fan should try to watch some of. 2nd half of the show delivered and improved on the first half that was fun, but lacking quality. The Elite all went over, makes this feel like the one show I've seen this year where the crowd in attendance got exactly what they wanted, which is nice to see even if it's not to my personal tastes. They know what their audience loves and they embrace it rather than fight it. Plenty have made comments that that's what WWE should do (and they aren't entirely wrong), but All In has the luxury of being a one off that they don't have to build any other matches to for future shows yet. WWE has to produce about 5 hours of main roster content every week, they're a different beast that faces different creative challenges, 5 hours of 'Being The Elite' every week would get dunked on too.

Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 2101112

Thread Information