• Strongly wants to post promos

5 35.71%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Promo System

On Vacation

Status
      Country                    United States

Promo System

One of the first things Kid and I agreed on was how weird it was that handlers have to PM their promos.

Our question to you is do you like the PM system or would you rather post your promos on the boards?

The Flow

Status
      Country                    Canada

Re: Promo System

I'd rather post it on the boards like FWA does. Maybe have a review thread too so people can hand out feedback.

The only time WWE came close to a good story line post Attitude Era was Undertaker/Mordecai - Dakstang
    [06:01 PM]Dakstang
    :
    Yeah I guess you are right. And I only want to be Daddy to my own kids. Sorry.

Huggin' and Kissin'

Status
      Country                    Ireland

I like the PM system. It's different than the FWA system and I think differences between the feds are cool. I think it adds a whole pile of intrigue to the show because a lot of the time in FWA, most people can see who's going to win based off the promos. It also means nobody can phone it in, for example;

Tig vs Smarkslayer

-Smarkslayer posts a short, quick promo because he's busy af with work
    -Tig posts a half-assed promo because he knows Smarkslayer could only post what he did
    -Tig wins with a probably not that good promo

In saying that, if you moved to an open thread for promos I wouldn't be against it ... I'd just rather it stayed the same.

Fight The Power

Status

If I can offer some advice as I was head FWA mod once upon a time, I would STRONGLY advise against trying to reinvent the wheel out the gate. There are always going to be a handful of people skeptical of the new management and when that new management come in swinging their dicks around day one, it might turn some people off. Best to dip your feet in the water and earn people's trust/confidence before trying to shake things up.
    Last edited by Jiggy; 11-21-2017 at 01:09 PM.

Black Lives Matter.
    Trans Rights are Human Rights.
    FUCK THE POLICE.

On Vacation

Status

Quote Originally Posted by Jiggy View Post
    If I can offer some advice as I was head FWA mod once upon a time, I would STRONGLY advise against trying to reinvent the wheel out the gate. There are always going to be a handful of people skeptical of the new management and when that new management come in swinging their dicks around day one, it might turn some people off. Best to dip your feet in the water and earn people's trust/confidence before trying to shake things up.
    I can't make promises about what we plan to do going forward, I can say that's why we decided to get your thoughts on this particular issue before doing anything.

Status
      Country                    Jamaica

Both systems work. To counter Tig's point - I would much rather know if my opponent has put up something dogshit so I don't waste my time writing a promo to beat them when they haven't given me the same respect. It would mean I could save character developments for an actual more meaningful and challenging match. I mean, how would you feel if you wrote your ass off and then you see your opponent had five lines or some shit. You'd be pissed.

I don't really have a preference for either.

Are you going to change how winners are selected?

If anything, the one thing I'd want to change is to stop people asking for extensions past deadline or on the day of deadline. I think that's bullshit. And I'm guilty of it.

~
    ~ THE KING OF KINGS ~~
    Spoiler:

On Vacation

Status

Quote Originally Posted by RainShaker View Post
    Both systems work. To counter Tig's point - I would much rather know if my opponent has put up something dogshit so I don't waste my time writing a promo to beat them when they haven't given me the same respect. It would mean I could save character developments for an actual more meaningful and challenging match. I mean, how would you feel if you wrote your ass off and then you see your opponent had five lines or some shit. You'd be pissed.

I don't really have a preference for either.

Are you going to change how winners are selected?

If anything, the one thing I'd want to change is to stop people asking for extensions past deadline or on the day of deadline. I think that's bullshit. And I'm guilty of it.
    I can see both points. I've always preferred openly posted promos so everyone can see the story of the match unfold, but on the other hand not seeing when someone no-showed or rushed a promo is better for morale. Sometimes seeing a low turnout can effect other matches.

Is there anything specific about the way winners were being selected?

I take it people abuse the extensions a bit liberally? For me I always believed if extensions were to be allowed it should only be when needed and not on a week-to-week to basis, but I agree it should be within a few days notice and not the day of and especially not after.

One Bad Ass Assassin

Status

One change that I always wanted to make was the promo system. I was outvoted every single time. I always wanted to be able
    to make our own threads with the promos and then get comments from other e-fedders. It always created more of a community, and you could go off of each other’s promos. Plus it’s less work for the staff.

Overall it creates more board action, more board community, and as a group we can all help each other’s promos with constructive feedback.

But Who's Buying?
    Cumine the Trine!

Status

I believe CWA was set up as a PM system originally to stop people reacting to promos from their opponent as that felt like an unfair advantage.

So for example, Harry posts his Rolando promo and then I would come in and make reference to his promo - it always felt like that was giving that person an advantage. I'm not sure if that is allowed in FWA or how it works over there? Perhaps people don't even feel like that's really an advantage anymore?

Going way back promos were then posted after the event - that may even still be the case? I'm out of the loop clearly - so there's nothing to really stop constructive feedback.

Oh, and also like Tig said, it was intended to add intrigue to the show as half the time you'd already know who was winning before a show was posted the other way.
    Last edited by PS; 11-23-2017 at 05:35 AM.

And he scores goals...!

Status
      Country                    Jamaica

Responding or referencing an opponents promo is an instant DQ in the FWA. This actually can benefit people who post first.

But yes, if promos are public then banning responding/referencing to opponents promos is the way to go.

@Smarkslayer, no there's nothing specific. I think it was a case of whatever promo feels the best. I was just curious if the system is changing or whether you guys are sticking with that.

As for extensions, I feel alot of people would wait until last min to ask for one and shit. Just think it was abused slightly.

As for promo discussion - you can just post the promos after deadline in a thread and hope people discuss.

~
    ~ THE KING OF KINGS ~~
    Spoiler:

Huggin' and Kissin'

Status
      Country                    Ireland

Man I don't know, I like the difference between the two feds.

Are the non-members voting on this gonna sign up -_-

Young Gunz

Status

First and foremost I'd like to thank everyone that has voted in this poll and I want to encourage anyone else who hasn't voted and has an opinion to vote. Like Smarkslayer had mentioned before, we set up this vote to allow the CWA community decide and voice their opinion on the promo system. We didn't want to just come in and make a drastic change without consulting all of you before we did it.

I echo Slayer's point on liking to have the promos out in the open so that everyone can see the story of the feud and the match unfold, and I'll add that it builds anticipation for the result. I'm interested in seeing how the final voting results turn out.

I also want to remind anyone who has voted in the poll but has yet to post in the CWA Roll Call thread, to do so. It's crucial that we know who all is onboard with the fed. A link to that thread can be found below.

http://wrestlingclique.com/showthread.php?t=168570

On Vacation

Status

I see there is some interest in doing promos out in the open, but it appears the main concern is replying to promos? Is that the only concern?

I don't want to completely copy FWA and discipline people who do. It's interesting because some feds I've been in allowed open promos and replying, but they also allowed two promos a card.

"Above Average"

Status

Just a suggestion.

Way back in the day on the original Online World of Wrestling forum, the eFed there had a unique match structuring technique where the participants in the matches worked through their match segment by segment. For example, I post a segment of the match where I write out all the moves, psychology, etc. and then the other person does another segment. Then the after back and forth posting, the booking committee picks the winner and then the participant who wins will write out the finish.

So there's no need for writers and all the participants determine their own matches. So if you don't participate, you don't win, and writers don't waste their time making up for people who no-show. I know it sounds a little confusing, but it was actually really cool and I've never seen another fed do it. I loved it.

Striving for a B+ in life

Status

Quote Originally Posted by Codename Bags View Post
    Just a suggestion.

Way back in the day on the original Online World of Wrestling forum, the eFed there had a unique match structuring technique where the participants in the matches worked through their match segment by segment. For example, I post a segment of the match where I write out all the moves, psychology, etc. and then the other person does another segment. Then the after back and forth posting, the booking committee picks the winner and then the participant who wins will write out the finish.

So there's no need for writers and all the participants determine their own matches. So if you don't participate, you don't win, and writers don't waste their time making up for people who no-show. I know it sounds a little confusing, but it was actually really cool and I've never seen another fed do it. I loved it.
    What you're suggesting would be a complete restructuring of the entire e-fed. Right now CWA is a promo-based e-fed where you write a promo/creative and the better piece of creative writing wins. You're suggesting it goes to a match-based e-fed where, as you said, participants write segments of the match and the bookers determine the winner that way. That's a complete overhaul of the foundation of this e-fed, and it would be a tough sell to go against years of history.

But it is a way to heavily differentiate it from CWA's forum-sister efed.

"The Golden One" Devin Golden

3x FWA World Heavyweight Champion
    2x FWA X Champion
    4x FWA Tag Team Champion
    Final record: 94-58-10

Shannon O'Neal
    2x FWA Women's Champion
    1x FWA World Champion

"Above Average"

Status

Quote Originally Posted by The Golden One View Post
    What you're suggesting would be a complete restructuring of the entire e-fed. Right now CWA is a promo-based e-fed where you write a promo/creative and the better piece of creative writing wins. You're suggesting it goes to a match-based e-fed where, as you said, participants write segments of the match and the bookers determine the winner that way. That's a complete overhaul of the foundation of this e-fed, and it would be a tough sell to go against years of history.

I wouldn't say I'm trying to get it overhauled or anything. I just thought it would make for an interesting suggestion, that's all. Like you said, just a way to be different.

Young Gunz

Status

Quote Originally Posted by Codename Bags View Post
    Just a suggestion.

I wasn't sure if it was you or not but now I definitely know that you are the "THE" Aaron Kendrick from OWW Takedown. It's been a while man, It's King of Kings (Cesar Pineda). Good to see you here on the site.

Quote Originally Posted by The Golden One View Post

Honestly, we weren't trying to do a complete culture shock to the e-fed when coming in. We just wanted to get the opinion from the people in the fed on if they liked private messaging their RP's or if they would be good with posting their RP's in a thread.

Based on the votes, we're going to move to posting RP's in a thread starting with the next Adrenaline Rush card. Thank you to everyone that gave input and voted.

On Vacation

Status

Match writing feds do still exist, but from what I gather they're not very popular. That being said, it is the easiest way to get results written. I believe the more popular feds have both guys write out the whole match and have themselves win and we use the match of who wins.

I'm not opposed to going to posting the promos, since there is quite a few who do want to do that, but I thought there was still push back on that? If you still have reservations speak now or forever hold your peace.

Tacos Rule!

Status

Not a member of CWA- but I like both ways- promo in the open- promo PM'd to a mod- then posted later. Either way, best promo is going to win.

The forum I came from, the efed runners predetermined who was going to win in pretty much all cases. Occasionally- like in the WWE Fantesy efed we had- the best promo did win a title match- but it was just done like that a few times.

And in efeds that I was part of the creative/mod team- it was predetermined except for a show or two- where the best promo won.

and in all those cases- all promos were sent to the efed runners. And our promos were back and forth between our opponents- we could respond back and forth as much as we wanted- the last person wrapped it up and turned it in- but if the winner was predeterimned already you could write the most awesome piece of work going back and forth with your opponent and still lose

"Above Average"

Status

Quote Originally Posted by Comeback Kid View Post
    I wasn't sure if it was you or not but now I definitely know that you are the "THE" Aaron Kendrick from OWW Takedown. It's been a while man, It's King of Kings (Cesar Pineda). Good to see you here on the site.

FAMILY! It's good to hear from you, man!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information