Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: ROH Final Battle 2019 Discussion

Main Eventer

Status

ROH Final Battle 2019 Discussion

Here's the card:

I added some hype videos so if anyones interested, they get get the back stories etc. Im looking forward to it!!

- Dan Maff vs Jeff Cobb

- Flamita and Bandido vs Flip Gordon and Marty Scurll

- Josh Woods and Silas Young vs Joe Hendry and Dalton Castle

- Maria Manic vs Angelina Love

- Vincent vs Matt Taven

- Dragon Lee vs Shane Taylor

- Mark Haskins vs Bully Ray

- Jay Lethal and Jonathan Gresham vs The Briscoes

- PCO vs Rush

The Scummiest of Scums!!!!!!!!!!!

King EC

Status
      Country                    United States

Re: ROH Final Battle 2019 Discussion

Maff vs. Cobb, PCO vs. RUSH, Briscoes vs. Lethal and Gresham and Flamita and Bandito vs. Scurll and Gordon all look very promising to me. Definitely gonna check this one out. Hopefully it could do a little more to reignite my interest in ROH than some of the other recent events they've done.

Hype packages look dope too, gotta say.

Jobber

Status

Some really solid matches for this card. Kinda feels like they spoiled PCO/RUSH by their advertising for future events, but that match is definitely going to be the highlight.

Maria Manic and Love's definitely the lowest point of this card. Not a fan of either, I think Maria excels in the death match style over a traditional bout, and Love just doesn't interest me as a heel. I really do wish WOH had more of a showcase. After the Klein controversy though, I'd say that division's pretty much done for.

Hoping they put Vincent over Taven. Vincent's someone that could easily be a top guy with that gimmick and some big wins over established stars. His look's so unique, he's definitely got some appeal. Taven's kind of ran his course and his reign as ROH Champion killed a lot of my interest. I like him, but he doesn't need the win.

Kind of a shame there's not one match that's just good ol' technical. Dragon Lee/Shane Taylor's about the closest thing to that (love Shane as champ from what I've seen, very talented, but hopefully Lee goes over). Overall, it's not the worst PPV, but it's not the best. Any Final Battle from previous years tops this one by a heart beat. I'm hoping ROH makes big changes into 2020, because it's probably the hardest time to be a fan with the amount of scrutiny going on. So many fun memories and emotional times watching ROH. Don't let the flame die out!

Main Eventer

Status

Quote Originally Posted by The EC View Post
    Maff vs. Cobb, PCO vs. RUSH, Briscoes vs. Lethal and Gresham and Flamita and Bandito vs. Scurll and Gordon all look very promising to me. Definitely gonna check this one out. Hopefully it could do a little more to reignite my interest in ROH than some of the other recent events they've done.

Hype packages look dope too, gotta say.
    yeah i liked the video packages too. Haskins was pretty good and i hope he gets rid of Bully for good.

im.looking most forward to Flamita and Bandido vs Scurll and Gordon.

my prediction is Scurll turns on PCO and costs him the match. Theres no indication of it but for some reason i see it happening.

Quote Originally Posted by gurryman View Post
    Some really solid matches for this card. Kinda feels like they spoiled PCO/RUSH by their advertising for future events, but that match is definitely going to be the highlight.

Maria Manic and Love's definitely the lowest point of this card. Not a fan of either, I think Maria excels in the death match style over a traditional bout, and Love just doesn't interest me as a heel. I really do wish WOH had more of a showcase. After the Klein controversy though, I'd say that division's pretty much done for.

Hoping they put Vincent over Taven. Vincent's someone that could easily be a top guy with that gimmick and some big wins over established stars. His look's so unique, he's definitely got some appeal. Taven's kind of ran his course and his reign as ROH Champion killed a lot of my interest. I like him, but he doesn't need the win.

Kind of a shame there's not one match that's just good ol' technical. Dragon Lee/Shane Taylor's about the closest thing to that (love Shane as champ from what I've seen, very talented, but hopefully Lee goes over). Overall, it's not the worst PPV, but it's not the best. Any Final Battle from previous years tops this one by a heart beat. I'm hoping ROH makes big changes into 2020, because it's probably the hardest time to be a fan with the amount of scrutiny going on. So many fun memories and emotional times watching ROH. Don't let the flame die out!
    Im with ya brotha!!!!!

im digging the matches. I also a fan on Shane T. Great promo. i still think Dragon Lee wins though
    Last edited by indyfan; 12-11-2019 at 09:02 AM.

Main Eventer

Status

Tonights the Night!!!! Hoping they hit a grand slam and catapult ROH into 2020.!!!

Kenny King vs Rhett Titus was moved from ROH fallout to Final Battle. There is a 1 hour free pre show on the website.
    Last edited by indyfan; 12-13-2019 at 11:29 AM.

TAKE THE DREAM~

Status
      Country                    England

I'm always willing to watch an ROH show because they usually have a few good things and they are rarely a waste of time. This one looks like a great show. Will be sure to check it out tomorrow.

Main Eventer

Status

Quote Originally Posted by MC 16 View Post
    I'm always willing to watch an ROH show because they usually have a few good things and they are rarely a waste of time. This one looks like a great show. Will be sure to check it out tomorrow.
    theres definitely some matches that look great on paper. im actually looking forward to Cobb vs Maff.

also Silas Young and Josh Woods new tag team name is

2 guys, 1 Tag

King EC

Status

I'll say this much for Ring of Honor... out of all the major American companies, they probably have the best announce team with Caprice, Ian and Colt.

VINTAGE POSTER!

Status
      Country                    Scotland

Good for them. Kelly and Corino were infuriating so glad things have apparently improved.

Quote Originally Posted by Diksting
    You can't have a reasonable discussion about serious topics with people like Marketh around.

King EC

Status

Quite the strange decision to put Jeff Cobb vs. Dan Maff on the pre-show. Cobb of all people.. on the pre-show..

Main Eventer

Status

Quote Originally Posted by The EC View Post
    Quite the strange decision to put Jeff Cobb vs. Dan Maff on the pre-show. Cobb of all people.. on the pre-show..
    He was on the last ppv pre show too. Its not a huge deal. have a great match and show people why they should order

King EC

Status

Quote Originally Posted by indyfan View Post
    He was on the last ppv pre show too. Its not a huge deal. have a great match and show people why they should order
    Ehh. It probably doesn't hurt to show fans what you got on these pre-shows but Cobb is a weird choice to me. I figured he was a bit too big of a deal to be on the pre-show. I mean, to me, it'd be like AEW putting Moxley, Omega, PAC, someone like that on The Buy In. It would just feel weird.

King EC

Status

Vincent definitely has one of the best evil looks in all of wrestling. Serious Rob Zombie vibes. Having said that, that match was really very forgettable.

King EC

Status

Fun match in some aspects there between Bully and Haskins. Bully did a great job generating heat, but it felt like the fans weren't that stoked to see Haskins actually get the win. Is Haskins over? Because you wouldn't think so based off that match.

Main Eventer

Status

Haskins is kind of over and has a charasmatic presence. His wife is over. I think being lifeblood is holding him back. He puts a good performance in most matches hes in. im a fan
    Last edited by indyfan; 12-13-2019 at 11:19 PM.

King EC

Status

Am I tripping or has there been a bunch of hardcore matches tonight?

Anyways, time to see what happens with this title match. No clue what to expect.

King EC

Status

Well... that was a match I guess.

WAKE UP

Status

watching the top matches on this show now.... is there a reason why Lethal & Gresham are working as heels? I don't watch ROH on the regular but in a vacuum that feels really weird after the story between those two guys being rivals then coming together as a tag team

Admin in Lockdown

Status
      Country                    England

I love that the first thing the cameras show after PCO beats Rush is a fan screaming NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO WHYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY???? I think that's one of the dumbest booking calls in wrestling this year, but ROH are on their arse anyway, so it's not like it's going to hurt business.

Marty showing up on NWA last night increases the chance of him sticking with ROH imo.

Hail To The King

Status

Quote Originally Posted by Ed View Post
    I love that the first thing the cameras show after PCO beats Rush is a fan screaming NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO WHYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY???? I think that's one of the dumbest booking calls in wrestling this year, but ROH are on their arse anyway, so it's not like it's going to hurt business.

Marty showing up on NWA last night increases the chance of him sticking with ROH imo.
    Good for PCO hell of a story and now he is ROH Champion I really could care less what others may say it was a really cool moment to see him win title

Spoiler:

CWA World Heavyweight Champion
    ​Brayden Bridges

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information