Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast

Thread: The Official Lucha Discussion Thread

WAKE UP

Status

Re: The Official Lucha Discussion Thread

Man, Virus vs Metalico was fucking great. Has to be up there with the best one fall lucha matches I have ever seen. I also had never seen Metalico before but heard he was a nobody, but he was next level great. Totally bought him as a guy having the match of his career, in order to save it. The crazy judo throws, the submissions, the punches to the face, a couple massive nearfalls that were actually believable finisher kickouts. great, great shit, maybe my MOTY

Mr. Victory Through Guts

Status
      Country                    Hong Kong

TripleMania card was released. It's coming August 3rd.

1) Big Mami & Niño Hamburguesa © vs Sammy Guevara & Scarlett Bordeaux and Lady Maravilla & Villano III Jr. and Australian Suicide & Vanilla [AAA MIXED TAG]
    2) Golden Magic, Hijo Del Vikingo, Myzteziz Jr. vs Carta Brava Jr., Mocho Cota Jr., Tito Santana and Mamba, Máximo, Pimpinela Escarlata
    3) La Parka vs Pagano, Chessman, Súper Fly, Averno, Aerostar, Drago, Puma King [Copa TripleMania]
    4) Keyra © vs Taya, Tessa Blanchard, Faby Apache, Lady Shani, Chik Tormenta, La Hiedra [TLC, Reina De Reinas]
    5) Cain Velasquez, Cody Rhodes, Psycho Clown vs ?, Taurus, Texano Jr.
    6) Fénix, Laredo Kid, Pentagón Jr. vs Kenny Omega, Matt Jackson, Nick Jackson
    7) Blue Demon Jr. vs Dr. Wagner Jr. [mask, hair]

That Cain Velasquez match is fucking crazy, even by AAA standards. The TLC match should be good & the CEO re-do should be better without the Street Fighter cosplay. The rest of the card looks very bad by any other standard, but better than last year's TripleMania.

We can tell other people about...having faith. What we had faith in. What we found important enough to fight for. It's not whether you were right or wrong, but how much faith you were willing to have, that decides the future~

Follow me on Twitter - @DylanZeroSky

Eastern Lariat - Japanese Wrestling (w/Dylan Fox (me) & Cagematch.net boss STRIGGA)

Check out our Patreon and support me please? 1/3/5 dollar tiers but any one is good! - The Eastern Lariat

TAKE THE DREAM~

Status
      Country                    England

Triplemania was a whole good show, in my opinion. It didn't look good on paper, just a bunch of tags that didn't really look appealing but most of it delivered. The main event was so amazing. Easy MOTYC. Top 5 minimum as of right now. Blue Demon Jr isn't renowned for being a great wrestler but his work was sensational from start to finish - the use of the hammer which then transitioned into the fujiwara armbar being used for most of the match was just a fantastic chain of wrestling. Didn't much care for the Lucha Bros/Laredo Kid vs Elite match. It was better than the other match but it felt flat and a big step down from the rest of the show. Omega vs Fenix sounds much better than any Lucha Bros match you could make tbh. Cain Velasquez making his debut was obviously going to be a big draw for the match. Maybe the biggest draw of the show, along with the main event. Could be go? Would be exposed as too old or too much of a styles clash? Well, I think he looked good. His stuff look smooth enough and didn’t look lost in his shine segment. There was an awesome moment where Killer Kross called for Welasquez to get in the ring and when he did, he blindly tagged in Texano, who was not happy. And then Texano tagged in Taurus. The TLC women's match was solid but ultimtely be a weaker match of the show. The Copa Triplemania was so fun. It wouldn’t be a AAA show without Aero Star jumping off something high. At least he didn’t land on his neck, this time. And of course, it wouldn’t be a Triplemania without Vamprio and Konnan getting into a spat, only this is in a match for once! The whole match was so fun to watch. The first two matches were fun matches for what could've turned into clusterfucks. 9/10 show overall.

Mr. Victory Through Guts

Status

I thought it was a complete train wreck to varying degrees of entertainment. The pre-show & the Trios title match were great, I thought the Trios match was MOTN, but the main event WAAAY overdelivered considering how awful a match it would have been without the smoke & mirrors but it totally worked. Great weapons match with a ton of drama. Cain looked great in his match & that was a lot of fun.

It wasn't all roses though. I thought the opener was awful & the finish sucked. The Copa was embarrassingly bad & Pagano getting pushed is something I never want to see. The women's match was another trainwreck, the most memorable part of it was Tormenta nearly dying. Tessa could have stood on that ladder for 5 more minutes, nobody cared about the title. Whack match. The Elite match not only wasn't good, Omega looked completely checked out & didn't care at all. His promo was nauseating as well. Low point for many people.

It's a real 50/50 split but I would probably say it's worth watching overall.

We can tell other people about...having faith. What we had faith in. What we found important enough to fight for. It's not whether you were right or wrong, but how much faith you were willing to have, that decides the future~

Eastern Lariat - Japanese Wrestling (w/Dylan Fox (me) & Cagematch.net boss STRIGGA)

Check out our Patreon and support me please? 1/3/5 dollar tiers but any one is good! - The Eastern Lariat

WAKE UP

Status

Barbaro vs Mistico was great, but it has to be said - there is a spot where they trade german suplexes, then trade Canadian Destroyers, which was red hot, fetid garbage.

Also the finish was lame.

Otherwise good match and it brought me joy watching Barbaro kick the shit out of Mistico.

Mr. Victory Through Guts

Status

Virus vs. Electrico from Puebla this week was great stuff. Highly enjoyed both men's work in the past and neither ever gets any real chances so to see them work a Lightweight title match and get to go all out, led by Virus, was great. It didn't have the drama or crowd reaction as vs. Metalico, but I thought they did some rock solid work and definitely was better than Dragon Lee vs. Volador Jr.

Status

So pretty random question... does anyone know anything about who owns The Crash? Or more specifically, who would have owned it in 2013?
    EVERY ENDING IS A NEW BEGINNING.
    YOUR LUCKY NUMBER IS NONE.
    YOUR LUCKY COLOUR IS DEAD.
    Motto:
    LIKE FATHER, LIKE SON.

Mr. Victory Through Guts

Status

Quote Originally Posted by Big Papa View Post
    So pretty random question... does anyone know anything about who owns The Crash? Or more specifically, who would have owned it in 2013?
    His name is Ignacio de la O. He mostly isn't much of a public face but his rep from Konnan & others is basically he's a big fan who started a wrestling company.

Status

Quote Originally Posted by Zero View Post
    His name is Ignacio de la O. He mostly isn't much of a public face but his rep from Konnan & others is basically he's a big fan who started a wrestling company.
    Thanks.

And.... absolutely nothing online about him. That doesn't surprise me but it makes a bit hard to include the company in a TEW mod
    EVERY ENDING IS A NEW BEGINNING.
    YOUR LUCKY NUMBER IS NONE.
    YOUR LUCKY COLOUR IS DEAD.
    Motto:
    LIKE FATHER, LIKE SON.

TAKE THE DREAM~

Status

Also watched the Virus v Electrico. Awesome maestro with Virus just typing Electrico in knots.

WAKE UP

Status

is it me or does Lucha mostly suck in 2019? I could count the matches from Mexico I've enjoyed this year on one hand. Granted, I thought Barbaro vs Mistico was great and Virus vs Metalico may be my MOTY, but the scene feels theres too many guys trying too hard to put on US indy wrestling epics.

Mr. Victory Through Guts

Status

Suck is strong, there's been a good run of matches from AAA undercarders & in CMLL they're not necessarily better or worse than usual. I'd take those Virus matches over anything last year & the Titán/Cavernario tag tournament win was awesome but they have A LOT of poorly used people like always & the build to Aniversario has been absolutely atrocious revolving around Ciber but the shows are very rarely actively bad,

WAKE UP

Status

who are the good AAA undercard guys? I watched the big Laredi Kid title defences I've seen pimped and thought they were trash. I feel like most of the old gaurd vets are now just too old and rarely pop up (and when they do they show their age) - Negro Casas, Panther, Black Terry, Navarro, Atlantis, etc. Most of the new and current stars, even guys I like such as Cavernario, all seem to be working this knock-off indy wrestling epic style of 1...2...NO!! over and over again. I think I've seen one good lucha brawl this year and that was UG and Caifan is some small indy. Can't remember the last really good mat-based match, but I will have to hunt down some more Virus and see what else he's been up to.

Mr. Victory Through Guts

Status

Hijo del Vikingo, Arkangel Divino, Toxin, Eterno, etc. are the AAA guys that impress me the most but I think Vikingo is arguably the best Pure flyer in the world. They're crazy car crash matches but whenever someone like Vikingo is in you're almost always guaranteed a fun 10 minute trios that could never take place in CMLL.

The main events in AAA in general are all awful.

Relentless Admin

Status

So sad that we will never be able to watch Virus Vs Gresham.

WAKE UP

Status

where did that take place?

WAKE UP

Status

Quote Originally Posted by MC 16 View Post
    Also watched the Virus v Electrico. Awesome maestro with Virus just typing Electrico in knots.
    Just watched this and will echo - real good match. Virus made Electrico look like a star in front of his home crowd.

Relentless Admin

Status

Quote Originally Posted by King Steventon View Post
    where did that take place?
    Lucha memes I believe, but it wasn't taped.

TAKE THE DREAM~

Status

WTF! This is huge. Apparently Rush and Dragon Lee worked certain shows they were told not to (Dragon Lee did BOLA after being told not to because of the AAA wrestlers on the show. Not sure about Rush). It was something stemming off CMLL cutting off money guarantees. I'm sure Zero will flesh that out way more.
    Last edited by MC 16; 09-28-2019 at 06:10 AM.

WAKE UP

Status

Stupid on their part but not entirely surprised. CMLL has always been very precious about talent working shows for promotions they aren't in bed with. "Firing" seems a bit strong through.

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast

Thread Information