Page 13 of 31 FirstFirst ... 3111213141523 ... LastLast

Thread: Being The Booker

Drink the Kool-Aid

Status

Re: Being The Booker

It’s good to hear from Triple H after he wasn’t around on Smackdown last week. I thought the promo was quite good, especially in the beginning selling EVERYTHING that HHH has going on at the minute. Triple H choosing to completely ignore Kennedy is a different attitude compared to his usual one, but it shows some development there so I’m happy. Trips/Flair stuff was barely there, pretty standard, but this whole thing was built for the confrontation with The Gods of War. Richards threatening bringing Flair’s retirement early was fantastic, as was the little nod towards previous history with Batista. Brawl was exciting and Lashley/Trips tonight should be sick. An unexpected, but definitely a fun way to start the show. Love the fact that TGOW are taking the fact that this is now their show literally, by interacting with whoever they want, whenever they want. Terrific stuff really.

A US Title match to open up proceedings seems like a damn good idea to me. I was a little shocked with the way the match ended, but I guess this shows that Batista no longer cares about titles, he just wants to destroy people. Only other thing that got me was the match was over, so why would Matt Hardy not try and help his brother? Surely he’d be watching? Outside of that though, big time table spot here to leave an impact, good times.

Oh hello, Summerslam!

I stand corrected as I now see why Matt didn’t try and stick up for Jeff. The fact that he didn’t help Jeff fight off Batista, and on his way to check on his brother, he still has time to ask for a match is great. It really shows that Matt still is eventually going to turn on his brother. The nonchalant attitude of Matt claiming that Jeff would be fine was a fun read. Hardy/Orton tonight should be another great match as well.

Six man tag is a simple preview of GAB and was booked perfectly. The calm start followed by all hell breaking loose, DiBiase not wanting any of Truth and Melina again proving to be the difference maker. Everything in this match did its job to advance respective angles, good stuff. I can’t wait to see whether Melina turns on MNM or not at GAB.

Matt/Jeff interaction was again, really interesting for me. Whilst Jeff is in agony, there are no signs of concern from Matt, instead he’s just zoned in on his own personal success. This will surely cause problems, but I love these slow burn angles.

Finlay banning Batista from ringside is a good move to make Triple H/Lashley fair. I must admit I do find it a little strange that Richards was banned from ringside for one match but not the other. It just doesn’t make sense to me. Still, looking forward to the match itself though, and Finlay needs to be careful getting in TGOW faces like that.

Now that I’ve read the match, I get why Richards was allowed out, to make sense to get Flair involved, but I’m still not sure the logic works. Outside of that though, the match itself was great with both ‘managers’ constantly getting involved to help their charge. I was a little surprised to see Triple H get the win after the momentum that Lashley has recently, but a BIG win for Hunter. Flair sledgehammer shot was a nice call back to the Evolution days as well, good stuff.

LOVED the Chris Jericho promo here directed at RVD. The argument he has gone soft and bringing up his issued with Orton and to a lesser extent Edge was sensational. Really good stuff.

Another Umaga squash? Cool. And another Henry squash? Cool. I really enjoyed the timing of last week and this week, it’s a really creative, fun angle. The fact that the two monsters actually crossed paths for a fleeting moment this week makes it even more exciting. Very good stuff and Henry beats the time again. I must commend you on getting me excited for a match between Umaga/Henry. I never thought this would happen.

Props on changing Epico and Primo’s team name, and the San Juan Express is completely fine. Pretty basic promo here, accepting the challenge for GAB. They put forward a legitimate argument regarding the element of surprise being gone as well. Good stuff.

LMAO at Kendrick auditioning for hair models and the woman not recognising him, despite his best efforts at trying to convince her otherwise. Also, LMAO at Sci Bri. Typical awesome stuff from Kendrick, I look forward to seeing him return… Oh and another vignette next week please.

Another really good, intense interaction between Noble and Danielson at the contract signing. This feud is still one of my favourites I’ve read in a LONG time. Nothing to creative, simple, based on competition, both men desperate to win, and the different measures they will go to get there. Noble and Danielson’s back and forth was very good, and Noble just continues to use weak arguments to prove he is the best. I enjoyed Danielson finally being fed up of being civil, and the cheap shot from Noble was nice for some extra heat. Sensational stuff, this one is going to steal the show at GAB…

I thought the story of the main event was pretty cool. Matt Hardy was relentless in his attack on Orton, clearly desperate to get the biggest win of his career… I’m also pretty sure he’ll be angry when he finds out about GAB… Outside of that though, Randy was always winning this on his return to look strong ahead of The Bash. Fine main event.

This was a pretty good how as always mate. I don’t think there was a single thing on this show that didn’t advance an angle in the right direction. Awesome stuff as always can’t wait for GAB and more importantly, ECW ONS.

Probably booking

Status
      Country                    Ireland

WWECW Re: Being The Booker

…
    …
    …
    …
    …
    …
    …

Official Card for ECW One Night Stand:
    July 13 2008 | Hammerstein Ballroom, New York City NY

GRUDGE MATCH:
    Rob Van Dam vs. Chris Jericho

THE FINAL SHOWDOWN:
    Raven vs. Tommy Dreamer

ONE FOR THE ROAD:
    Terry Funk vs. Cactus Jack

THREE WAY DANCE:
    Super Crazy vs. Tajiri vs. Kid Kash

ONE ON ONE:
    Jerry Lynn vs. Justin Credible

LUCHA SHOWCASE:
    Rey Mysterio vs. Psichosis

WWE HARDCORE CHAMPIONSHIP MATCH:
    The Miz vs. ANY ECW Alumni

~ PREDICTION COMPETITION ~
    1. Predict the winners.
    2. Predict the match order.
    3. What will be the longest match of the night?

4. What will be the shortest match of the night?
    5. Predict the order of elimination in the Three Way Dance.

6. Which ECW alumni will accept the challenge of WWE Hardcore Champion, The Miz?
    7. Will there be any other surprise appearances?? If so, who??

PREDICTIONS ARE OPEN - SHOW TO BE POSTED SATURDAY.

Also, as a note, I think I mentioned this previously, but this ECW show was a tonne of fun for me to write. I don’t know if it’ll come off as being good or as a total mess, but either way, I had a lot of fun writing it. I changed the format slightly, in that the dialogue isn’t preceded by the name of the person talking, but it should still be easy enough to follow by reading the descriptions in between the dialogue.

Anyways, feel free to drop some predictions.

BEING THE BOOKER
    ~Now with 100% less Brent Albright!

Chikara Trainee

Status

…
    …
    …
    …
    …
    …
    …

7) GRUDGE MATCH:

Though RVD is out of WWE, I think for purposes of this event it makes sense for him to get the victory over Chris Jericho and is a nice way to send him off.

6) THE FINAL SHOWDOWN:
    Raven vs. Tommy Dreamer

Tommy Dreamer has already beaten Raven in ECW, but I think maybe he'll get a repeat victory here.

3) ONE FOR THE ROAD:

Foley would love putting over Funk so I'll say Terry Funk.

1) THREE WAY DANCE:

After Jamie Noble and Bryan Danielson finish up, whoever wins the title will need a fresh opponent I think, and Tajiri making a return and getting momentum off this victory sounds good to me.

2) ONE ON ONE:

This a tough one, but I'll go with Justin Credible to get some heel heat on the card.

4) LUCHA SHOWCASE:

Rey Mysterio is the star here so he'll get the win.

5) WWE HARDCORE CHAMPIONSHIP MATCH:

I don't know whether you want to use this as an opportunity for The Miz getting a bigger victory or to end the Hardcore Champion storyline. I'll go with you wanting to start pushing The Miz a bit more though so yeah.

1. Predict the winners. Finished.
    2. Predict the match order. Finished.
    3. What will be the longest match of the night? Raven vs. Tommy Dreamer

4. What will be the shortest match of the night? The Miz vs. Any ECW Alumini
    5. Predict the order of elimination in the Three Way Dance. First elimination: Kid Kash. Second Elimination: Super Crazy.

6. Which ECW alumni will accept the challenge of WWE Hardcore Champion, The Miz? The Sandman
    7. Will there be any other surprise appearances?? If so, who??
    Bealuh

WWF- 1991 And Beyond

Status
      Country                    United States

GRUDGE MATCH: 7
    Winner: RVD- Just wouldn't feel right if Jericho closed out the show, even though Jericho is still a main player while RVD is gone. Also, Jericho has the added bonus of being MITB which will instantly see him get his heat right back, whenever he chooses to.

THE FINAL SHOWDOWN: 5
    Raven vs. Tommy Dreamer
    Winner: Raven- The lifelong feud, since childhood, finally ends here. It would be great if Dreamer got the final say, but the ECW mark in me wants to see Raven hit him with the Evenflow one last time. Excited for this.

ONE FOR THE ROAD: 4
    Winner: Cactus Jack- This one should be an all out brawl, with barbed wire and fire, everything that made these two stand out in the mid-90's. I'm sure you will tame this down a tad from their death match days, but still, I think Cactus wins this.

THREE WAY DANCE: 3
    Winner: Kid Kash- This should be real fun to read, and I've liked the way you've booked Kash, looking very formidable against CM Punk on RAW. True untapped potential in Kid Kash.

ONE ON ONE: 2
    Winner: Jerry Lynn- Another fun feud from the latter days of ECW, I was always a big Jerry Lynn guy, so I'm going with him here.

LUCHA SHOWCASE: 1
    Winner: Rey Mysterio- Man, this card is stacked. I remember watching these two on VHS back in the mid-90's, when I was only 6 or 7 at the time, and these two got me hooked on what would become the CW division in WCW. Pumped to see how this goes down.

WWE HARDCORE CHAMPIONSHIP MATCH: 6
    Winner: The Miz- I think Sandman answers the challenge, and somehow Miz finds a way to escape NYC still champion.

1. Predict the winners. Done
    2. Predict the match order. Done
    3. What will be the longest match of the night? Raven/Dreamer should be given time to tell their story, so that's what I'm going with.
    4. What will be the shortest match of the night? Miz Hardcore Title Match- Sandman canes the shit out of him, then Miz runs away.
    5. Predict the order of elimination in the Three Way Dance. Super Crazy, Tajiri, Kid Kash wins
    6. Which ECW alumni will accept the challenge of WWE Hardcore Champion, The Miz?- Sandman
    7. Will there be any other surprise appearances?? If so, who??- Would love an impromptu tag match involving New Jack. Jumping off the balcony would be great!

I'm really pumped for this. I’ve been a lifelong fan of ECW, growing up in the Northeast. I had tickets every time they came to my area, even went to Living Dangerously ’98. Excited to see how you execute this, and incorporate it all back into what’s going on in the current storylines. Good luck my friend.

White Iverson

Status
      Country                    Australia

7. GRUDGE MATCH:

Vam Dam gets the win in ECW which allows Jericho to claim it doesn't actually count since it's not WWE. Easy out for Jericho and a good way to send RVD off into the sunset if you so wish.

5. THE FINAL SHOWDOWN:
    Raven vs. Tommy Dreamer

Tommy Dreamer must NEVER defeat Raven. It's the rules and should not be broken.

3. ONE FOR THE ROAD:

Cactus Jack for purely selfish reasons but I think Funk gets the nod.

1. THREE WAY DANCE:

Gotta go with the Notorious K.I.D.

2. ONE ON ONE:

I'll take Lynn over Justin Average.

4. LUCHA SHOWCASE:

Longer term benefits to giving Rey Rey the win.

6. WWE HARDCORE CHAMPIONSHIP MATCH:

I do think the Sandman is a solid bet for the person who answers the challenge. I think he beats the crap out of The Miz but the sneaky bastard finds a way to walk out with the title.

1. Predict the winners. DONE.
    2. Predict the match order. DONE.
    3. What will be the longest match of the night? RVD/JERICHO.
    4. What will be the shortest match of the night? MIZ OPEN CHALLENGE.
    5. Predict the order of elimination in the Three Way Dance. CRAZY THEN TAJIRI.
    6. Which ECW alumni will accept the challenge of WWE Hardcore Champion, The Miz? SANDMAN.
    7. Will there be any other surprise appearances?? If so, who? 911!!!

Sometimes I write stuff on the internet and people like it (sometimes).

Jam Up Guy

Status

7. GRUDGE MATCH:
    I'm going RVD to win this one to send the crowd home happy. I think Jericho going over is just too much of a downer. I'm hoping RVD wins, then Jericho starts campaigning for another match, even though he was the one bragging about RVD leaving in the first place. Either that or Jericho cashes in MitB, then RVD returns as the last person to defeat him
    5. THE FINAL SHOWDOWN:
    Raven vs. Tommy Dreamer
    I know Raven always wins against Dreamer, but it's the end of a story. In the end the good guy wins (yes I know I'm applying old school traditional logic to ECW, go figure).

4. ONE FOR THE ROAD:
    I really hope Jack goes over here. Foley is the kind of guy you can bring back whenever you want and put in to a top feud or to get someone over. If he's losing to Funk in 2008, his credibility as a wrestler is shot (if he ever comes back to wrestle, that is)

3. THREE WAY DANCE:
    This is all Kash to me. After his showing against Punk, he's the one with value to you right now, so I'm expecting him to go over Tajiri, with Crazy out first.

2. ONE ON ONE:
    Nice to have this match on the card for credibility purposes (nyuk, nyuk), but the winner doesn't matter too much. I'll go Lynn as he's far superior

1. LUCHA SHOWCASE:
    Similarly to my predictions with Kash and Jack, Rey's the guy with value for you outside of this one show, so he goes over.

Had there been a real elite level option - Foley, RVD, Raven, Dreamer - I'd have fancied this Miz run to end here. But with few options left, I say Miz retains to piss off the crowd good and proper. My instinct was Sandman, but seeing as everyone else has said that as well, I'll go with this being Sabu, and Miz wins when Sabu puts himself through a table. I'm half-expecting a big twist though, like Miz retains, only for Rhyno to challenge him on the spot and win or something. But I'll stick with Miz retaining, with his Honky Tonking coming to an end against a Brock Lesnar type at Summerslam

1. Predict the winners. Done.
    3. What will be the longest match of the night? Three way dance

4. What will be the shortest match of the night? Miz
    5. Predict the order of elimination in the Three Way Dance. Done

6. Which ECW alumni will accept the challenge of WWE Hardcore Champion, The Miz? Sabu
    7. Will there be any other surprise appearances?? If so, who?? I wouldn't be surprised to see Sandman or Rhyno as part of the Miz stuff

Really great and different card. Looking forward to it!

Main Eventer

Status
      Country                    Wales

7. GRUDGE MATCH:

5. THE FINAL SHOWDOWN:
    Raven vs. Tommy Dreamer

Madly I will go with Raven. Sucks that we won't get some Stevie Richards in this due to his current situation.

2. ONE FOR THE ROAD:

3. THREE WAY DANCE:

4. ONE ON ONE:

1. LUCHA SHOWCASE:

3. What will be the longest match of the night? RVD/Y2J

4. What will be the shortest match of the night? Miz v ????
    5. Predict the order of elimination in the Three Way Dance. Crazy out first

6. Which ECW alumni will accept the challenge of WWE Hardcore Champion, The Miz? Sabu
    7. Will there be any other surprise appearances?? If so, who?? Sandman,

Really hoping that you go with Taz instead for Miz's opponent. That would be a huge pop for the crowd in Taz's hometown.

HEY B*TCHES...

Status

6. GRUDGE MATCH:

THE FINAL SHOWDOWN:
    Raven vs. Tommy Dreamer

ONE FOR THE ROAD:

THREE WAY DANCE:

ONE ON ONE:

LUCHA SHOWCASE:

2. Predict the match order. Done.
    3. What will be the longest match of the night? RVD/Jericho.

4. What will be the shortest match of the night? Lynn/Credible.
    5. Predict the order of elimination in the Three Way Dance. Crazy, then Kash.
    6. Which ECW alumni will accept the challenge of WWE Hardcore Champion, The Miz? The Sandman.
    7. Will there be any other surprise appearances?? If so, who?? Yes. The Blue World Order, Taz (with ONE z...), Sabu, Beulah McGillicutty, Francine and Joel Gertner

Indy Talent

Status

7. GRUDGE MATCH:
    As everyone else has said, it just wouldn't work for Jericho to win this. I also loved the way you made this happen! Heyman playing to Jericho's ego was an awesome way to approach it.

5. THE FINAL SHOWDOWN:
    Raven vs. Tommy Dreamer
    Okay, this one I'm not sure on. I think Dreamer but I have no idea.

2. ONE FOR THE ROAD:
    I think Funk loses, but I'm not one hundred percent I'm not remember another thread where Funk was a major player so - yep, this is mostly a guess :>

3. THREE WAY DANCE:
    Tajiri wins. Because Stoj.

4. ONE ON ONE:

6. LUCHA SHOWCASE:

1.WWE HARDCORE CHAMPIONSHIP MATCH:
    Whoever said Taz, I think was right on the money. I never even considered him haha. I also think that he will win the match - which will go on first - to get the crowd going. But who knows.

1. Predict the winners.Done
    2. Predict the match order.Done
    3. What will be the longest match of the night?Jericho/Van Dam
    4. What will be the shortest match of the night?Hardcore Championship
    5. Predict the order of elimination in the Three Way Dance. 1. Super Crazy, 2. Kid Kash
    6. Which ECW alumni will accept the challenge of WWE Hardcore Champion, The Miz? Taz
    7. Will there be any other surprise appearances?? If so, who?? I don't know anyone from original ECW so I'm not even gonna bother here. PCO? Again, thanks Stoj.

I'm so excited for this show. :>

Charismatic Enigma

Status
      Country                    United States

7- GRUDGE MATCH:
    Rob Van Dam
    vs. Chris Jericho

5- THE FINAL SHOWDOWN:
    Raven
    vs. Tommy Dreamer

2- ONE FOR THE ROAD:

3- THREE WAY DANCE:

4- ONE ON ONE:
    Jerry Lynn
    vs. Justin Credible

1- LUCHA SHOWCASE:
    Rey Mysterio
    vs. Psichosis

6- WWE HARDCORE CHAMPIONSHIP MATCH:
    The Miz
    vs. ANY ECW Alumni

1. Predict the winners. -- DONE
    2. Predict the match order. -- DONE
    3. What will be the longest match of the night? -- Rob Van Dam and Chris Jericho
    4. What will be the shortest match of the night? -- Hardcore Championship
    5. Predict the order of elimination in the Three Way Dance. -- Super Crazy then Tajiri
    6. Which ECW alumni will accept the challenge of WWE Hardcore Champion, The Miz? -- Sabu
    7. Will there be any other surprise appearances?? If so, who?? -- Sandman, Taz, Rhyno

g o n e a w a y

Status
      Country                    Canada

Been kinda MIA lately, but I've been reading, and I can't wait to see how this turns out!!

7. GRUDGE MATCH:
    Rob Van Dam

6. THE FINAL SHOWDOWN:
    Raven

2. ONE FOR THE ROAD:
    Terry Funk

1. THREE WAY DANCE:
    Kid Kash

5. ONE ON ONE:
    Jerry Lynn

3. LUCHA SHOWCASE:
    Rey Mysterio

4. WWE HARDCORE CHAMPIONSHIP MATCH:
    The Miz

2. Predict the match order. Done.
    3. What will be the longest match of the night?
    Van Dam Jericho
    4. What will be the shortest match of the night? Miz
    5. Predict the order of elimination in the Three Way Dance. Super Crazy, followed by Tajiri.

6. Which ECW alumni will accept the challenge of WWE Hardcore Champion, The Miz? Sandman.
    7. Will there be any other surprise appearances?? If so, who?? Sabu!!!!!!

Last edited by ranthellacious; 04-28-2018 at 08:10 AM.

Drink the Kool-Aid

Status

In two minds about this show, Wolf. Can't wait to read it and excited but for it, but hate the fact it'll shit all over all of my ECW stuff. Predictions below anyway:

4. GRUDGE MATCH:
    Dominated by Jericho throughout, deserved a nice send off at the land of extreme.

7. THE FINAL SHOWDOWN:
    Raven vs. Tommy Dreamer
    RVD gets the happy ending, Raven goes to town here.

6. ONE FOR THE ROAD:
    More choosing with my heart here. Can see Cactus going over, but Funk is the man.

1. THREE WAY DANCE:
    Kash seems to be on a roll in your thread lately, pushing Punk twice. This makes me think he gets the win here.

2. ONE ON ONE:
    Pot shot. I had Credible go over so hopefully you have a different outcome to not completely outdo me.

3. LUCHA SHOWCASE:
    Always been better.

5. WWE HARDCORE CHAMPIONSHIP MATCH:
    If Miz wins, police would need to be called.

1. Predict the winners.
    Done
    3. What will be the longest match of the night? Jericho/Van Dam
    4. What will be the shortest match of the night? Miz match
    5. Predict the order of elimination in the Three Way Dance. Super Crazy and then Tajiri
    6. Which ECW alumni will accept the challenge of WWE Hardcore Champion, The Miz? The Sandman
    7. Will there be any other surprise appearances?? If so, who?? Mike Awesome, Joel Gertner, Jerry Lawler, Masato Tanaka

Probably booking

Status

WWECW Re: Being The Booker

ECW
    ONE NIGHT STAND
    July 13 2008 | Hammerstein Ballroom, New York City, NY

~ OPEN DIRECTLY INTO THE ARENA AND A MOLTEN HOT CROWD

E-C-DUB
    E-C-DUB
    E-C-DUB
    E-C-DUB
    E-C-DUB

AS JOEY STYLES…

… AND JOEL GERTNER STAND CENTRE RING.

E-C-DUB
    E-C-DUB
    E-C-DUB
    E-C-DUB
    E-C-DUB

The emotional Styles welcomes the fans to ECW One Night Stand, promising a night none of the ECW faithful will ever forget, thanking them for not letting ECW die, crediting the fans for this night happening. Styles then hands it over to his broadcast partner, who enjoys taking centre stage…

“Well, well, well…”

It is I …

The man for all seasons,
    Who cant get on TV for numerous reasons…

…Call it public image, or call it politics…
    …I think it’s cause I’m hornier than a dog with two DICKS!!!”

The rambunctious ECW fans cheer wildly for the return of Joel Gertners dirty limericks, and Styles hides his face with his hand.

“The WWE divas want my schlong down their jaw…
    …And if I have my pick, it’s Kelly Kelly staring up in Awe…”

More cheers for Gertner … but he wags his finger; he’s not finished yet.

“As I prepare to lay the Smack down … … ‘Cause I’m goin in RAWWWWW!!!!”

Gertner fires up the fans, and waits out the rowdy reaction with a smirk on his face, before finally finishing his routine.

“The Quintessential Stud-muffin … Joel…

Ladies; Remember this moment, with my COCK in your hand…

I wish you well in your future endeavours …
    …Because this is a ONE … NIGHT … STAND!!!

…Gertner.”

The fans erupt, giving Joel Gertner a big pop for his efforts, with Styles once again taking over, looking to get back on track, beginning to talk about the line up for tonights one night revival of ECW-

**GREAT GATES OF KIEV**

It’s MOLTEN heat for none other than the vocal anti-ECW campaigner JERRY LAWLER!!! Joey Styles Smackdown broadcast partner IS HERE, despite declining Styles invitation on Smackdown two nights ago - and the fans fucking HATE HIM!!! Lawler stands at the top of the stage, and trots down the steps, as he begins to cut a promo…

“I had to come here to see this CRAP for myself!!”

The heat is off the charts for Lawler, as he continues to speak on his way down the aisle.

“I honestly cannot believe that Vince McMahon has allowed this monstrosity to happen!!”

Lawler shakes his head.

“Because that‘s who you morons need to thank for this nonsense tonight. Paul Heyman couldn’t afford to put this show together - not even in this run down hell hole!!”

More heat for Lawler.

“This is all down to Mr. McMahon!! You idiots should be on your knees thanking the man for giving you this tonight!!!

A “FUCK YOU LAWLER” chant is audibly loud inside the arena, and King shakes his head whilst smiling.

“I see the clientele still hasn’t changed anyway!! A bunch of unemployable, uneducated, inbred morons!!

The chant only grows louder, and King notices the anger rising from the fans.

“What‘s the matter?? Did your sisters all have dates with your Cousins tonight??”

Lawler loudly laughs over the mic, further riling the fans. Lawler climbs into the ring, looking to plead with Styles.

“Come on Joey, save yourself while you can. Vince McMahon dragged you out of this gutter - don’t climb back in it!!”

The King points out Gertner.

“Look at this geek!!!”

Boos for Lawler insulting Gertner, with Joel looking rather uncomfortable. Styles shakes his head, telling Lawler to stop.

“I heard your little rhyme there pal … Real cute. I bet the only female action you‘ve ever seen is when you paint your nails before you jerk off!!!”

Gertner looks embarrassed, and Lawler laughs, still pointing at Gertner.

“I‘ve seen better heads on a pimple!!! No wonder you never got hired by the WWE - you‘ve got the perfect face for radio!!!”

Lawler wont let up…

“What‘ve you been doing for the last seven years since ECW went outta business?? Selling shade down the beach?? Huh, fat boy??”

Lawler pokes Gertners belly, with Joel reacting, shoving Kings arm away - when Styles steps in and gets in Lawlers face to a big pop!!!!! Lawler laughs, but it’s not funny for JOEY STYLES;

“That’s ENOUGH, Jerry!!!”

HUGE POP!!! Styles stands up to The King, with Lawler looking amused by Joey standing his ground.

“I’m SICK and TIRED of listening to your old, tired act!!! Week in, week out on Smackdown, with your joke book that hasn’t changed since the SEVENTIES!!!”

“JOEY” chants start to pick up steam, with Lawler amused by it all, looking around as Styles berates him.

“You want to talk about relevance?? About ECW being left dead and buried?? You haven’t been relevant in TWENTY YEARS - but the WWE still employs you!! And given the size of your own waistband, I’d say whatever you’re getting paid is too much --- BURGER KING!!!”

More cheers, and a ‘BUR-GER KING’ chant starts gathering pace, with Lawler telling the fans to shut up, until Styles gets back in his face.

“The last year of my life has SUCKED working for the WWE!!! And it’s worsened TEN FOLD since I got saddled with you six months ago!!!”

Lawler shakes his head, bemused by Styles ungratefulness of his job in the WWE.

“I only agreed to work on Smackdown because of the opportunity to work with Taz again. Then, he left to work elsewhere - but that was okay, because I got to work with Paul Heyman again. Then, he moved on too. And I got stuck WITH YOU!!!”

Styles points his finger right in Lawlers chest.

“YOU - a washed up, so called “colour” commentator who sits for two hours every week on Smackdown denigrating performers that bust their ass week in week out, and treating the female talent like Melina as if she’s a piece of meat!!!”

Funnily, the mention of Melina brings a smile to Gertners face.

“She’s a YOUNG woman, King!!! Young enough to be your GRAND DAUGHTER!!! You should be ASHAMED of your infantile behaviour!!!! I’m SICK of putting up with you and your CRAP!!”

This time, Styles SHOVES Lawler, with Lawler taking it, but telling Styles to watch it.

“And it’s taken every fibre of professionalism I have not to punch you in the mouth, after you’ve ran down E-C-W for weeks on end!! You just couldn’t shut up. You had to get your stuff in, didn’t ya, Jerry?? Had to make those LAME jokes; Extremely Crappy Wrestling, Bingo Hall, Stunt men - I’VE HAD ENOUGH!!!”

Styles points around the arena.

“I LOVED ECW!!! I LOVE ECW!!! And Vince McMahon can take this as my resignation - because after tonight - I’ll be damned if I have to spend another SECOND sat next to you on Smackdown. You can give Michael Cole a call to work Tuesdays because I QUIT!!!!”

Huge pop. Lawler - still bemused - shakes his head in disbelief, unable to work out why Styles would quit.

“And here’s my parting gift to you, King-”

STYLES SLAPS LAWLER!!!!!

The Hammerstein Ballroom comes UNGLUED - it’s pandemonium momentarily … before Lawler PIE FACES Styles down to the canvas!!!

Boos replace the cheers, with Lawler KICKING Styles, and rares back to nail Gertner, but Joel makes a dash for safety. Lawler stands over Styles, kicking the voice of ECW whilst berating him.

“You stupid little jerk!!! Let’s see how memorable a night we can make this for ya, Styles.”

Lawler drags Joey up by the hair … planning on giving Styles a PILEDRIVER…

BUT HERE COMES TOMMY DREAMER!!!!!!!!!!

Dreamer storms to the ring with a Singapore Cane - and Lawler is completely unaware … as Tommy spins him around …
    AND NAILS LAWLER WITH THE CANE!!!!!!!!!!!!!

“TOMMY” chants fill the Hammerstein Ballroom, as Dreamer holds the Cane up, shouting to the fans; “E-C- FUCKIN - W!!!!!!”
    Dreamer tosses the Singapore Cane to Joey Styles … and the voice of ECW CRACKS LAWLER WITH THE CANE!!!!!!

The King staggers into the path of Dreamer … WHO PILEDRIVES LAWLER INTO THE CANVAS!!!!!!!!!!!

It’s bedlam already in the Hammerstein Ballroom, as Tommy Dreamer PILEDRIVES Jerry Lawler!!! Dreamer soaks up the adulation from the ECW fans, performing his own Raven Pose, with Styles celebrating too UNTIL…

THE LIGHTS GO OUT!!!!!

THEN COME BACK ON…

RAVEN IS IN THE RING
    !!!!!

And Raven SMACKS Tommy across the back with a chair before Joey Styles can warn the Innovator of Violence!!!!! Dreamer stumbles through the ropes, and to the floor, with Raven following out …

AND THE BELL RINGS … THE OPENING CONTEST HAS BEGUN!!!!!!!

THE FINAL SHOWDOWN:
    Raven vs. Tommy Dreamer
    The fight quickly spills over the barrier, and Raven hammers Dreamer through the crowd - but Tommy soon fights back. The two rivals go back and forth, making their war through the crazy ECW fans, using an array of weapons brought by the fans such as a toaster, a 1980’s style Cell Phone, a lamp, a broom and a frying pan!!!!

Raven eventually has the upper hand, and has Dreamer in position looking to power bomb him … but before he can go for the ride, Dreamer escapes with a back body drop on floor!!! Dreamer pulls himself back to his feet, dragging Raven up, but doesn’t see that Raven has a chair, and he jabs the chair into the gut and then the back of the Innovator of Violence.

Raven traps Tommy’s ankle in the chair, climbing up onto another chair and jumps off looking to Pillmanize Dreamers ankle - BUT DREAMER MOVES!!!!!! Raven hobbles after landing on the floor, allowing Dreamer to retrieve the chair, and he WAFFLES Raven with it!!!! Raven staggers through the fans, trying to get away from Dreamer, preventing Tommy from using the chair again … and when Dreamer finally catches up with him, Raven throws a fans drink in Dreamers face!!!

We see Raven is BUSTED OPEN as Tommy clears the liquid from his eyes, but Raven hooks him up … WANTING A DDT ON THE FLOOR - NO!!!!!! Dreamer runs Raven into the wall, breaking the DDT attempt. Dreamer slams the back of Ravens head into the wall, and then looks for a PILEDRIVER ON THE FLOOR - NO!!!!

Raven now backdrops Dreamer onto the floor!!! Picking up a hidden Singapore Cane, Raven wears the weapon out on the back of Dreamer, with Tommy trying to crawl away. Raven punishes Dreamer, and waits for Tommy to get up and turn around for the next shot - BUT TOMMY CATCHES THE CANE!!! Dreamer catches it, YANKS Raven forward, and NAILS him with a clothesline!!!!

Tommy ushers fans out of the way, and whips Raven into the barrier … and agonizingly CROTCHES RAVEN ON THE BARRIER WITH AN ATOMIC DROP!!!!! Picking up the Cane, Dreamer takes a baseball swing at the skull of Raven - and SCORES a home run with Raven unable to defend himself!!!!!

Off the sick shot, Raven slumps to the floor at ringside. Raven gets on his knees with Tommy standing over him, showing no mercy, hammering the skull of his greatest and longest rival. Tommy makes a huge mistake though, taking his eye off Raven to acknowledge the fans … allowing Raven to score with a low blow!!! Both men are slow to get up, but it’s Raven that strikes … with a RUSSIAN LEG SWEEP AGAINST THE BARRIER!!!!!!

Looking exhausted already, Raven tosses chairs into the ring, whilst Dreamer sells the leg sweep on the floor. Taking a belt from a fan in the front row, Raven begins to MERCILESSLY whip the Innovator of Violence!!!

Raven tosses Dreamer into the ring- FOR THE FIRST TIME - picking up one of the plethora of chairs, and cracks it off the back of Dreamer, before throwing the chair down on the back of Dreamers skull!!! Raven takes off a turnbuckle pad with evil intentions, and it doesn’t take long to find out why … as he proceeds to CATAPULT DREAMER INTO THE EXPOSED TURNBUCKLE!!!!!

Dreamer hit’s the buckle flush, and staggers away, with Raven catching him - AND DRIVES DREAMER ONTO A CHAIR WITH A SIDE SUPLEX!!!!! Raven hooks the leg for the first cover of the match … 1...2...KICK OUT!!!!!

Tommy Dreamer is now BUSTED OPEN just like Raven. With Raven in the ascendancy, there’s little fight from the fading Dreamer as Raven sends him into the corner, following in with a clothesline, and BULLDOGS Dreamer out of the corner. Raven sets up a chair between the middle and top ropes in the corner whilst Dreamer is down, then stomps him to keep Tommy down.

Raven drags his old foe up by the hair, and looks to whip him into the chair … BUT - NO - Dreamer reverses momentum and DREAMER SENDS RAVEN - FACE FIRST - INTO THE CHAIR!!!!! Dreamer fires up, and kicks Raven in the gut … PILEDRIVER ON THE CHAIR!!!!!! Dreamer hooks the leg … 1...2... ??? WHERE’S THREE???

THE REFEREE JUST GOT DRAGGED OUT OF THE RING … BY TONY STETSON AND JOHNNY HOTBODY!!!!!!

ORIGINAL MEMBERS OF RAVENS FLOCK!!!!!!!

Dreamer is livid!!! The Innovator of Violence rolls off Raven, and comes after the former ECW Tag Team Champions, beating both men to the punch - easily handling both, and Hotbody gets thrown into the barrier, whilst Dreamer tosses Stetson into the ring. In the ring, Dreamer sets Stetson up, wanting a DEATH VALLEY DRIVER on an upright chair … BUT RAVEN IS BACK UP AND SAVES STETSON, RAKING THE EYES OF DREAMER!!!

Dreamer drops Tony Stetson, and Stetson helps Raven to beat up on Dreamer, before Raven shoots Dreamer off the ropes … DROP TOE HOLD ONTO THE CHAIR!!!!! Dreamer crashes face first on the chair, and Raven hooks the leg again … 1...2...KICK OUT!!!!!

Stetson helps Raven get Dreamer back to his feet, holding him up for Raven to jab, and jab, and jab … before knocking Tommy down with a Discus clothesline!! Instructing Stetson, Raven sends him out for a table, which Stetson retrieves, bringing it into the ring whilst Raven chokes Dreamer in the corner with his boot. Stetson sets the table up, and helps get Dreamer on the table, holding him down with a chair … before Raven climbs to the top rope … but Dreamer FIGHTS BACK!!!!! Tommy fights off Stetson, knocking him down with a right hand, and grabs the chair - TOSSING IT AT RAVEN WHO CANT BLOCK IT UP TOP!!!!!!!

Raven gets clocked by the flying chair… and gets caught in the TREE OF WOE as a result!!!!! Dreamer stomps Raven with Raven defenceless in the tree of woe … as Dreamer picks up the chair … WAFFLING Hotbody as he returns onto the apron … and it allows Dreamer to hit his signature RUNNING LOW DROPKICK WITH A CHAIR TO RAVEN!!!!!!!

Raven can do NOTHING about it - being in the tree of woe - and Dreamer CRUSHES Ravens skull with the dropkick!!! Dreamer gets back up, and spots Stetson on the top rope … and he catches him up there … SENDING STETSON FLYING THROUGH THE TABLE WITH A ROCKET LAUNCHER OFF THE TOP!!!!!!!!!!

Dreamer stands in the middle of the ring, performing his own Raven pose - to the adulation of the fans in the Hammerstein Ballroom. Dreamer sets the chair up, and drags Raven to the middle of the ring, looking for the finish with a DREAMER DDT - BUT RAVEN DROPS DOWN AND LOW BLOWS DREAMER!!!!!

Dreamer drops to his knees, and is left easy pickings as Raven stumbles back to his feet … getting Dreamer into position FOR THE EVEN FLOW DDT!!!!!!!!!! ON THE CHAIR!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Raven drapes an arm over Dreamer … 1...2...DREAMER KICKS OUT!!!!!!!!!!! HE KICKED OUT!!!!!!!!!! TOMMY DREAMER KICKED OUT OF THE EVEN FLOW DDT!!!!!!!!!!!!

Both men stay down off the kick out, allowing the fans to go nuts, chanting “E-C-W” … before they begin to stir, trading punches and slaps as they fight to their feet. Raven kicks Dreamer in the gut, dropping Tommy to a knee, then reaches down, picking up a chair … but so has Dreamer!!!

Dreamer blocks a chair shot from Raven with his chair, and gets to his feet, with both men wanting the chair shot - and they smash the chairs off each others!!! Stalemate. They try again - and the chairs clash again!!! Once more, they come at one another, but this time, Dreamer moves - Ravens chair bounces off the ropes - SMACKING HIM IN THE FACE!!!!! Raven staggers back … DREAMER SCOOPS HIM UP … DREAMER DRIVER!!!!!!!!!!!! 1...2...KICK OUT!!!!!

Dreamer looks up, pleading with the referee, begging for the count to be three. Both men have bled buckets, both are exhausted, but it’s Dreamer that has something left in the tank. Tommy sets Raven on his knees, and pounds the wound on Ravens face, relentlessly hammering his oldest and greatest rival, until Raven slumps - face first onto the mat. Dreamer sets up another chair, and drags the lifeless body of Raven up, wanting the DREAMER DDT …

THE LIGHTS GO OUT!!!!!!!!!!

And when they come back on … BRIAN LEE is in the ring, CHOKESLAM TO DREAMER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Another of Ravens old Flock running buddies saves him again … though Lee has his own famous history with Tommy, and may well have gotten the last laugh by putting Dreamer down, surely for good this time, with Raven crawling onto Tommy, making the cover … 1...2...NO-

THE COUNT IS BROKEN…

BY BEULAH MCGILLICUTTY!!!!!!!!!!!

The wife of Tommy Dreamer - the former valet of Raven - Beulah saves Tommy, and she proceeds to slap the hell out of Raven on the canvas … until BRIAN LEE DRAGS HER OFF HIM!!!!

Standing her up, Brian towers over Beulah … AND SHE KICKS HIM BETWEEN THE LEGS!!!!!

Brian Lee turns away, and Beulah (struggles to) picks up a chair, but as she gets set to hit Lee with it, RAVEN pulls it from her - AND SWINGS THE CHAIR AT BEULAH … BUT TOMMY SHOVES HER OUT OF HARMS WAY … AND EATS THE CHAIR SHOT HIMSELF!!!!!!!!!

Tommy takes the bullet for Beulah, but Raven laughs, despite not getting his intended target. Beulah gets dragged from the ring, kicking and screaming by Brian Lee, still smarting over the low blow … whilst Raven picks up Dreamer … EVEN FLOW DDT ON A CHAIR!!!!!!!!!! Raven turns Tommy over and hooks the leg, as Beulah desperately tries to pull away from Brian Lee … 1...2...3!!!!!!!!!!
    WINNER: RAVEN @ 14:02

Raven - just as he almost ALWAYS did against Tommy Dreamer - gets the win. Beulah gets back in the ring, tending to Tommy, but Raven ISNT DONE!!! Raven PULLS BEULAH BY THE HAIR off her husband, and despite Beulah trying to fight him off, RAVEN FORCES A KISS ON HER!!!!!
    Raven shoves her away, but Beulah then comes back with a SLAP to Raven … and Raven responds, KICKING Beulah in the gut … EVEN FLOW DDT - NO-

DREAMER LOW BLOWS RAVEN WITH A CANE!!!!!!

Tommy Dreamer saves Beulah again, and SMACKS Raven with the Cane a second time, before WAFFLING Brian Lee on the apron with it, sending him crashing to the floor, clutching his face!!!!!

Dreamer drags Raven up, and together with Beulah … THEY DELIVER A DOUBLE DDT TO RAVEN ON A CHAIR!!!!!!!!!!!

The Innovator of Violence may have LOST, but he will leave One Night Stand with the last word on Raven!!!!! Dreamer and Beulah stand tall in the ring, getting a huge ovation and a “THANK YOU TOMMY” chant from the fans.

Obviously, Dreamer is emotional, with tears rolling down his bloody face, as he savours the moment with Beulah before the picture fades out…

And the old-school ECW INTRO VIDEO FINALLY plays;

Back into the arena…

**KASH MONEY**

KID KASH appears through the curtain - initially to boos for using his WWE theme music - as Steven D’Angelis announces that the THREE WAY DANCE is coming up next. On commentary, Joey Styles and Joel Gertner talk up Kid Kash and his accomplishments in the aftermath of ECW - but say he was always at his very best in ECW.

**SINISTER MUSIC**

Making his return, TAJIRI enters the arena, also getting a good reaction from the fans, as Styles reminds the viewers at home of what Tajiri brings to the table, with Gertner recalling the classic three way dance matches the Buzzsaw partook in during the dying days of ECW.

**LATINO WORLD ORDER**

There’s boos for SUPER CRAZY for using his WWE theme too, as we get a recap of the storied history between Crazy and Tajiri throughout their days in ECW whilst the Insane Luchador makes his way to the ring - minus Chavo & Vickie Guerrero tonight - he‘s flying solo for this one…

THREE WAY DANCE:
    So … I cant do one of these matches any justice. It’s true to the ECW formula that all three men remain involved for the majority of the contest, with very few one vs. one breaks in the action. Kid Kash pulls out a double springboard plancha to both men, and a springboard hurricanrana to Super Crazy in the early going, whilst the first false finish sees Tajiri surprisingly kick out of Crazys moonsault.

The obligatory tower of doom spot is incorporated too - albeit with a twist, as Tajiri carries Crazy out of the corner in the Electric Chair instead of a power bomb … and Kash counters a superplex attempt on Crazy with a NECKBREAKER INSTEAD!!!! Crazy rolls right out of the ring upon impact, and it leaves Tajiri and Kash to briefly go at it alone when they recover.

Eventually, they knock each other down with a double clothesline, and Crazy returns to the ring, making a beeline for Tajiri … but proposes a union with his old foe, wanting them to gang up to take out Kash. Kash sees what’s happening, and tells them to bring it on, with the Buzzsaw indicating he’s agreeing to team up with Crazy…

But as Crazy moves toward Kash, Tajiri spins Super Crazy around - GREEN MIST TO THE EYES!!!!! The Luchador is blinded, and Tajiri proceeds to KICK THE SHIT out of his old rival!!!!! Crazy is dropped to his knees … and Kash watches on … allowing Tajiri to land the BUZZSAW KICK TO SUPER CRAZY!!!!! Cover, 1...2...3!!!!!

ELIMINATED; SUPER CRAZY @ 08:11
    *BY TAJIRI*

Down to two, Kash and Tajiri go at it, both taking risks, but Kash takes control, setting Tajiri up top. He rushes in - but gets kicked away … and then TRAPPED IN THE TARANTULA!!!!! Tajiri cranks on his famous submission … UNTIL SUPER CRAZY WAFFLES HIM WITH A CHAIR FROM THE FLOOR!!!!!

Leaving a mark, and showing there’s plenty of hard feelings, Super Crazy takes out Tajiri with the chair … but in a fit of rage, the Luchador gets back in the ring, and NAILS Kash with the chair too!!!!! The Insane Luchador has taken out BOTH remaining competitors!!!!!

Super Crazy finally leaves, and it takes a while for Tajiri and Kash to recover … but they eventually do, with Kash avoiding an array of kicks from Tajiri … before loading up for a POWERBOMB … COUNTERED INTO A DDT BY TAJIRI!!!! Tajiri covers, 1...2...NO!!!!! Tajiri then looks for a BUZZSAW KICK - NO!!!

Kash avoids, and eventually runs up the ropes to land the BANKROLL!!!! 1...2...NO!!!!! Kash drags Tajiri up, and looks to deliver the DEAD LEVEL … BLOCKED BY TAJIRI … SHINING WIZARD … FOLLOWED BY A BRAINBUSTER!!!!! Tajiri hooks the leg … 1...2...3!!!!!

ELIMINATED; KID KASH @ 13:26
    *BY TAJIRI*

WINNER: TAJIRI @ 13:26

Remarkably, the ONLY man in the match not currently employed by the WWE is the victor, and Tajiri eliminated BOTH men to boot. Tajiri soaks up the reaction from the fans, bowing, nodding, as Styles and Gertner slightly oversell just how good the match was, as we fade out…

A tribute video airs, in memory of the former ECW alum who are now deceased, and unable to be part of this reunion tonight.

Back in the arena…

**SCAPEGOAT**

The Hammerstein Ballroom shows it’s respects for one of the all time great workers of ECW … The New F’N Show; JERRY LYNN bursts through the curtain, fired up, playing to the fans, before making his way down the steps and toward the ring. Joey Styles manages to get a shot in on the WWE for completely missing the boat with Jerry Lynn in the aftermath of ECW closing it’s doors, claiming Lynn could still wrestle circles around the majority of the WWE roster today.

**SNAP YOUR FINGERS, SNAP YOUR NECK**

Accompanied by his original manager in ECW, DAWN MARIE, and carrying his own Singapore Cane, JUSTIN CREDIBLE, one of the final ECW Champions makes his way onto the stage, with Joel Gertner claiming that as badly as Lynn was mismanaged in WWE, Credibles treatment was even worse, claiming that the former Impact Player has a point to prove to the world tonight.

ONE ON ONE:
    w/Dawn Marie
    The match is a much slower paced match and somewhat of a comedown after the frenetic openers, Lynn especially gets to showcase his ability, with a traditional approach. Credible tries to keep up, but he’s simply not on Jerry Lynns level, and eventually he rolls out of the ring to catch a break. Taking abuse from the fans, Credible tells them all where they can go … whilst the referee tells him to get back in the ring.

Behind the referees back though STEVE CORINO sneaks into the ring, but before he can do anything to help Credible - the man he aligned with on the FINAL ECW PPV - he is thrown right back out by Jerry Lynn … but it’s all a set up, as whilst Lynn deals with Corino … LANCE STORM has hit the ring; the ORIGINAL Impact Player with Justin … AND HE PLANTS JERRY LYNN WITH A SUPERKICK!!!!! Credible quickly rolls back in, and hooks the legs of Lynn … 1...2...3!!!!!
    WINNER: JUSTIN CREDIBLE @ 04:27

The Impact Players are reunited; BOTH versions of the team!!!!! Lance Storm screws over Jerry Lynn to help out his old tag team partner, with the Impact Players (including Steve Corino) hugging on the floor after stealing the win - with JASON also appearing. They start to leave up aisle, whilst Lynn is furious when…

**BIG BALLS**

The Hardcore Chair Swinging Freaks enter the fray!!! BALLS MAHONEY and AXL ROTTEN - complete with CHAIRS block Storm, Corino and Credible from leaving the arena … as Jerry Lynn rolls out of the ring, BRINGING THE FIGHT TO THE IMPACT PLAYERS!!!!!
    Mahoney and Rotten join Lynn, and the action eventually spills back into the ring … AND WE HAVE OURSELVES AN IMPROMPTU TAG MATCH!!!!!

~ IMPROMPTU MATCH ~
    Jerry Lynn & The Chair Swinging Freaks vs. The Impact Players
    w/Dawn Marie & Jason
    The traditional tag rules don’t last for too long, and it doesn’t take long for things to break down completely, with all six men getting at it. The Impact Players use their Canes to great effect, avoiding the chair shots of Mahoney and Rotten, blasting them with the Canes instead!! However, Steve Corino DOES eat a chair shot … but when he comes up NOT bleeding, there’s boos all over the arena.

Credible plants Lynn with the THAT’S INCREDIBLE … 1...2...BROKEN BY BALLS!!!! From here, the Chair Swinging Freaks take over, swinging chairs at will, taking out Storm, Credible and even Jason, (but Corino slips out of danger, wanting no part of a chair shot) as Lynn drills Storm with the CRADLE PILEDRIVER!!! 1...2...DAWN MARIE BREAKS THE COUNT!!!!!

Dawn is grabbed by the hair by Axl Rotten in the aftermath, but he eats a Superkick from Credible!!! Lance Storm then applies the Single Leg Crab on Jerry Lynn, looking for the submission … as Dawn trots around the ring, starting to get cocky … UNTIL FRANCINE HIT’S THE RING TO AN ALMIGHTY POP from the fans … SHE TACKLES DAWN DOWN …

CATFIGHT!!!!!!!!!!!!

Dawn and Francine roll around the ring, eventually out of the ring, as Mahoney and Rotten return to the ring, SMASHING a chair off the back of Storm to break the submission!!!! They proceed to wear out chairs on Jason and Credible (Corino is still hanging back on the outside - not wanting to get busted open) … and Jerry Lynn gets in on the act, joining the Chair Swinging Freaks - beating the shit out of the Impact Players with the chairs … and making the cover on Credible … 1...2...3!!!!!
    WINNERS: JERRY LYNN & THE CHAIR SWINGING FREAKS @ 06:50

Post match, Jerry Lynn shares the ring with Balls and Axl, as the trio soak up the moment back in the sun, whilst the Impact Players stagger out of the arena, battered by the Chair Swinging Freaks tonight.

Credible, Storm and Jason help each other leave, whilst a smiling Steve Corino gloats to the fans that he isn’t bleeding - celebrating that fact … but as he goads the fans at ringside … we see Balls Mahoney shake his head, slide of the ring, and as Corino turns around - BAM~!!!

Balls Mahoney CROWNS Steve Corino with a stiff chair shot …

AND THE KING OF OLD SCHOOL IS BUSTED OPEN!!!!!!!

That gets as big of a pop that anything else did in the match, as Balls rejoins Axl and Lynn in the ring, soaking up the reaction of the fans, before we get a shot of the bloodied Steve Corino - old school indeed…

A highlights package airs, highlighting the NON Hardcore aspects of the promotion, including the classics between Malenko & Guerrero amongst the other technical wrestling excellence often overlooked … before moving onto the Lucha style matches that ECW brought to the United States … leading us nicely into…

**BOOYAKA 619**

Yet again, boos greet the sound of WWE music, with REY MYSTERIO making his return to ECW - but gets a very mixed reaction from the fans. Tonight, the back of Rey’s mask has the letters E-C-W stamped across it, in tribute to this event tonight. Rey salutes the fans when he hit’s the ring, as he prepares for his opponent.

**MUY LOCO**

Wearing his mask - and keeping it on - therefore not heeling himself to the fans, Psichosis enters the Hammerstein Ballroom, with Joey Styles recapping the impact these two had in 1995 when they hit ECW, and the broader impact the lucha style had on North American wrestling - throwing in a dig toward Eric Bischoff for picking off the talent for Nitro.

LUCHA SHOWCASE:
    Handshake starts things, before some traditional wrestling, slowly building from chain wrestling into a sequence of counters and reversals with flip and drags from both men, leading to a stand off, which gets the two men a respectful round of applause from the fans in the Hammerstein Ballroom.

They start off again, and the counters, reversals, and avoidance of moves, along with a series of roll ups and cradles for a series of near falls follows, until an arm drag attempt from Rey is countered by Psichosis - only for Rey to land on his feet. Psichosis charges, but gets Monkey Flipped to the floor, allowing Rey to somersault plancha out onto him!!!

On the outside though, Psichosis reverses a whip from Rey, and sends him into the guardrail, draping him over it with a suplex. With Rey in a perilous position, Psichosis lands with a PSYCHO GUILLOTINE leg drop from the apron across the back of Rey - draped over the guardrail!!!!

Back in the ring, Psichosis scores a two, then beats Rey into the corner with chops and punches and kicks, softening Rey up for a corner dropkick - BUT MISSES IT!!!!! He crumbles in the corner, and Rey eventually recovers, hitting a bulldog out of a wheelbarrow for a near fall of his own.

Rey sets Psichosis in the ropes for a 619 … but gets BOOED badly by the fans … and that distracts Rey long enough for Psichosis to catch him with a clothesline as he goes for it!!! Psichosis goes up top … but Rey leaps up, and dropkicks his opponent as he flies off, with Psichosis falling out of the ring!!!

Rey goes from the top to the outside with a HUGE seated senton, taking him and Psichosis over the guardrail and into the crowd!!! The fans get rowdy, as Rey and Psi battle through them … with Psichosis delivering a SUPLEX on the floor - NO - REY FIGHTS FREE - AND CREAMS PSICHOSIS WITH A ROUNDHOUSE KICK!!!!!

Looking up at the balcony, Rey blesses himself, and climbs up, standing with some trepidation … waiting for Psichosis to get back up … BEFORE LEAPING OFF THE BALCONY WITH THE WEST COAST POP!!!!!!! “HOLY SHIT” chants reverberate around the Ballroom, as Rey eventually climbs onto a cover on the floor … 1...2...3!!!!!!!!!!
    WINNER: REY MYSTERIO @ 12:10

Whilst not to the level of the 1995 classics, the big spot at the end makes it a memorable Lucha showcase, harking back to their classic of ‘95. Both men remain on the floor, selling the effects of the final spot, with trainers etc hitting the area, tending to both men momentarily, helping them to their feet.

VIDEO PACKAGE

Opening shot of the American Flag waving proudly.

“Come join us for a CELEBRATION!!”

Sounds of fireworks going off, in between high impact moves from Batista, Kurt Angle & MNM.

“Of all things AMERICAN!!”

Shots of fans celebrating, in amongst Triple H spitting water, Bryan Danielson soaring out of the ring and Edge setting off his pyro.

“It‘s Smackdowns biggest PARTY of the year”

Champagne bottle cork flying off, street parties and beach parties, with shots of Melina’s famous ring entrance, Jeff Hardy delivering a Swanton and MVP bursting through his set.

“It‘s a GREAT …”

Fireworks and flashing shots of Lashley, Jamie Noble, Matt Hardy in action.

“… AMERICAN … ”

Cheers and shots of Triple H, Kurt Angle, Edge hitting finishers.

“… BASH!!!”

WWE GREAT AMERICAN BASH | JULY 20 | CHARLOTTE, NC
    ONLY ON PAY PER VIEW

Back in the arena, the advertisement for the WWE Pay Per View event is booed out of the building by the ECW faithful. However, on commentary, Styles DOES put over the PPV - if only for it being the FINAL match of Ric Flairs storied career.

From there, Styles and Gertner move on to talking about two ECW legends - both who have their own fair share of retirements to their names. Styles and Gertner hype the upcoming match between Funk and Foley, sending us to a build up package ahead of their match…

A video plays, recapping all the crazy shit Funk and Foley have done to others, and each other over their incredible careers, including clips of the notorious DeathMatch in Japan, and the night it rained chairs in ECW.

Back into the arena…

**ARMED AND RAMBUNCTIOUS**

A big reaction greets the arrival of Mick Foley CACTUS JACK, wearing the ‘WANTED’ shirt, and carrying with him a TRASHCAN … clearly prepared for this highly anticipated showdown with his mentor, Terry Funk. Of course, Joey Styles puts over their Deathmatch classics in Japan, and says that even though it’s nearly fifteen years on - both men remain dangerous and crazy. Reaching the ring, a smiling Cactus paces the ring, waiting for his hero - and rival - to make his entrance…

**MAN WITH A HARMONICA**

But Foley isn’t the only man that can bring a trashcan to the ring - because crazy old TERRY FUNK is bringing one too!!! Listing his accomplishments, Styles claims that Funk is arguably the most important figure in wrestling history, and helped give back to the business later in his career by helping get ECW off the ground, whilst many ‘old timers’ were just more interested in helping themselves.

ONE FOR THE ROAD:
    Funk and Cactus both soak up the adulation from the fans as the bell rings, taking a moment to acknowledge the chanting and respect, before they each have a few words for each other … then BOTH come forward with their respective trash cans; SMASHING INTO EACH OTHER!!! They try again - stalemate again!! They toss the trash cans away … and go for a good old fashioned FIST FIGHT!!!!

Meeting in the middle, Cactus and Terry go blow for blow … but it’s a fight that Cactus eventually wins!! He pounds Funk into the corner, hammering him right down into the canvas, allowing him to back up and charge across the ring to execute his patented running knee to the face!!! “BANG BANG!!” shouts Foley, before he rolls out of the ring, pulling out BARBIE (not the doll) from under the ring!!!!!

The bloodthirsty fans go berserk at the sight of the 2x4 wrapped in barbed wire, and Cactus wastes no time using it, beating the back of Funk with it, as the barbed wire gets caught in the t-shirt of Funk. Terry gets to his feet, and covers his face to protect himself - so Cactus nails him in the gut with the 2x4 instead!!!! Cactus stands over Funk, raising the weapon up high … LOW BLOW BY FUNK!!!

Funk grabs Barbie, and returns the favour to Cactus, nailing him across the mid section and the back with the 2x4 … before winding up for the big shot; RIGHT BETWEEN THE EYES!!!!! Right away, BLOOD trickles down the face of Mick Foley, with the Hardcore Legend crawling on his hands and knees across the ring … with Funk running across the ring, dropping an elbow onto Cactus with the 2x4!!!!

Funk tosses Barbie aside, and he rolls out of the ring, getting a rowdy pop as he produces a TABLE from under the ring!!! He slides it into the ring - right into the face of Cactus, then once inside, Funk dumps the table onto his opponents back. Funk sets the table upright in the corner, and comes back for Cactus, but is met with shots to the gut!! Cactus fights to his feet … and without any warning - HIP TOSSES FUNK THROUGH THE TABLE!!!!!

Still though, no cover!! Cactus nods at the chants from the fans, and rolls back out of the ring, picking up a bag full of THUMBTACKS from under the ring!!! We’re getting everything tonight in short order!!! He brings them inside, and clobbers Funk with the bag, before emptying the contents on the canvas!!! Cactus - with evil intentions - places Funk on the top rope, and he’s PLANNING ON SUPERPLEXING FUNK ONTO THE TACKS!!!!!

But Funk DESPERATELY fights it!!!! He blocks the initial attempt, then fights back, punching the wound on Foleys forehead, but the Hardcore Legend battles back, nailing Funk with a shot, as both men are perilously teetering up top. Cactus tries to hook it up again, but this time Funk BITES him!!! Cactus Jack teeters … nearly falling off the top … BUT JUST HANGS ON!!!! He throws a shot back at Funk … but Funk GOUGES Cactus eyes …

AND CACTUS JACK FLOPS BACK - LANDING BACK FIRST ON THE TACKS!!!!!!!!!!

“HOLY SHIT”
    “HOLY SHIT”
    “HOLY SHIT”

All the way from the top rope!!!!! Cactus writhes around the tacks, with the pins sticking all over his back and arms, whilst Funk slowly climbs back down from the top, placing Foley between his legs … WANTING A PILEDRIVER ON THE TACKS … BUT FOLEY BACK DROPS OUT OF DANGER … AND TERRY FUNK LANDS ON THE TACKS!!!!!!!!

Both men now resemble a human pin cushion, and Funk - like Cactus moments ago - writhes in the pins, with Cactus Jack dragging Funk out of the mess … PULLING PILEDRIVER!!!!!! Not on the tacks, but the piledriver remains just as potent as ever, with Cactus making the cover … 1...2...FUNK KICKS OUT!!!!!!

Shaking his head, Cactus rolls out of the ring, getting a trash can and a BARBED WIRE BOARD from under the ring!!!!!!!!!!! With a sadistic smile on his face, Cactus sets the board on the floor, before climbing onto the apron … but when he climbs up, Funk if there to meet him with punches!!!

Foley teeters on the apron, hanging onto the ropes to prevent himself falling off onto the barbed wire board, and rakes the eyes of Funk to stop his attack. Funk stumbles away, but charges back, running at Foley - but Foley stops Funk in his tracks with a punch at the last second!!!

The bloodthirsty ECW fans actually BOO as Foley climbs back into the ring, with the fans not getting to see anyone fall onto the barbed wire board. Cactus takes a breath, and has to wait as Funk struggles to get back up, clearly exhausted at his age doing this kind of match … but once Funk is up, Cactus comes charging toward him - CACTUS CLOTHESLINE!!!!!

Both Funk and Cactus go out over the top rope, with the old man crawling away on his hands and knees, as Cactus gets back to his feet, following Funk, stalking him around the ringside area. He looks to drag Funk back up … WHEN FUNK CLOBBERS CACTUS WITH A BRANDING IRON!!!!! Funk clearly got the Iron from under the ring, and buys himself time to recover.

Back up, Terry rolls Cactus back inside, grabbing the trash can and nails Foley over the head with it - TWICE. Funk sets the trash can down, and hooks Foley in position; NECKBREAKER ON THE TRASH CAN!!! Funk slowly hooks the leg … 1...2...NO!!!!! Showing the fatigue and old age, Funk is really struggling to get back up, taking a long time, as Foley has to sell for longer to cover for Funk.

Cactus drags himself up by the ropes, and eats another shot from the trash can, sending him sprawling into the ropes … AND HE GETS HUNG ON THE ROPES!!!! In the same position he LOST HIS EAR in Germany back in 94, Foley is caught by the head in the ropes, kicking and squealing, trying to free himself, with Jim Molineux trying to prise the ropes apart.

Meanwhile, Funk calls for a steel chair from the outside … AND THE FANS BEGIN TO OBLIGE!!!!!!!!! In a callback to the night it rained chairs in ECW, dozens of fans begin tossing their chairs into the ring … forcing Funk to take cover … but Foley CANT get out of the way of them!!!!! It doesn’t reach anything near the insanity of the night the truly rained chairs, but at least a dozen chairs are in the ring when the shower finally relents!!!

On the floor though, Funk has retrieved BARBIE … ALONG WITH GASOLINE … AND A LIGHTER!!!!! Funk brings them into the ring, with Foley now finally freed from the ropes - but coughing and struggling to catch his breath, not realising what’s going on with Funk … WHO SETS BARBIE ALIGHT!!!!! Foley, on the apron, finally spots it - TOO LATE THOUGH … FUNK NAILS HIM WITH THE BURNING 2x4...

AND FOLEY FALLS FROM THE APRON … CRASHING ONTO THE BARBED WIRE BOARD!!!!!

“HOLY SHIT”
    “HOLY SHIT”
    “HOLY SHIT”

Foley lands on the barbed wire, writhing as the jags stick to Foleys anatomy … and with him prone on the barbed wire board … Funk sets himself on the middle turnbuckle … FLYING OFF WITH AN ELBOW TO FOLEY … BUT FOLEY MOVES - FUNK CRASHES AND BURNS … RIGHT ON THE BARBED WIRE BOARD!!!!!!!

“HOLY SHIT”
    “HOLY SHIT”
    “HOLY SHIT”

The chants wont cease, as Cactus Jack slowly pulls himself up onto the ring apron, whilst Terry Funk is now laying prone on the barbed wire board. Setting himself on the apron, Cactus yells; “BANG BANG” … and runs off the apron … CACTUS ELBOW OFF THE APRON TO FUNK ON THE BARBED WIRE BOARD!!!!!!!!!!

Cactus Jack mutilates himself to take out Funk, draping an arm over his mentor, and with ‘HOLY SHIT’ chants still ringing through the Hammerstein Ballroom, the count is made on the floor, mercifully ending the contest this time surely … 1...2...3!!!!!
    WINNER: CACTUS JACK @ 11:53

Cactus Jack and Terry Funk are given a standing ovation from the fans for a sensational effort in a sick, bloody war. Despite both men already being old and broken down, they truly deliver ‘One for the Road’ at One Night Stand, with the two men helping each other up - sharing a hug, and soaking up a standing ovation from the ECW faithful.

Joey Styles and Joel Gertner sit out, saying nothing, letting the fans be the voice, with Mick Foley and Terry Funk standing in the ring, savouring the respect being shown by the fans for their insane efforts tonight.

We now get a video package featuring tributes to some of the big names that are NOT here tonight, but played huge parts in ECW history; Shane Douglas renouncing the NWA, The Dudleys insulting fans, Steve Austin mocking Hulk Hogan and Eric Bischoff.
    Then, we see the BLUE World Order and their antics, Taz with the FTW title, Bam Bam Bigelow tossing Spike into the crowd and Spike crowd surfing, Al Snow and the arena full of HEADS, then ending on Rhyno being the last EVER champion in ECW.

At the commentary position, Joey Styles and Joel Gertner discuss everything we’ve seen already tonight, and remind us what’s still to come - RVD returning to ECW to face Chris Jericho … and much to Styles chagrin, we still have The Miz and his Open Challenge to ECW for the WWE Hardcore Championship…

**THIS IS EXTREME**

Marching out through the curtain, the mad scientist of ECW; PAUL HEYMAN looks on the verge of tears, seeing his beloved organisation resurrected - if even for one night only. With his ECW cap, and headphones around his neck, Heyman trudges to the ring, where the fans greet him with chants of “THANK YOU PAUL”

They then switch to a chant of “ECW” as Heyman looks to be in tears. Ripping off the real life ECW One Night Stand promo, Heyman finally speaks, and says his eyes aren’t red from crying, they are red from smoking a joint with RVD!!!

He goes on to thank Tod Gordon for giving him a chance to be creative all those years ago, thanks the unsung heroes that made the TV show, and thanks the fans for being the craziest bastards he has met and he tells them he loves every single one of them.

Another “Paul E.” chant by the fans follows. Heyman thanks the fans for all their support over the years, and thanks them all for coming here tonight to relive the passion of ECW one last time for a one night stand-

**REALITY**

Between this and the reaction Jerry Lawler received at the top of the show, it’s hard to tell whether the King or THE MIZ is the most hated man in ECW. However, the WWE Hardcore Champion might just edge it, as following him through the curtain is none other than…

CYRUS
    !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Both Styles and Gertner are sickened by the sight of Cyrus, as Heyman sets his foot on the middle rope, staring as the reality TV star struts himself down the aisle - with security surrounding him, preventing the rabid fans from getting their hands on him. Cyrus produces a mic, as he and Miz walk the aisle.

Cyrus:
    I THOUGHT I CANCELLED THIS SHIT!!!!

Crazy heat for Cyrus.

Cyrus: CAN ALL OF YOU NEW YORK PIECES OF CRAP JUST NOT MOVE ON!!!??? IT’S BEEN SEVEN YEARS!!!

Cyrus shakes his head, and motions to the back.
    Cyrus: I’ve had to stand by and watch all night long - the depraved activities of these Extreme idiots!!! Barbed Wire, tables, chairs, THUMB TACKS!!!???

He wags his finger disapprovingly.

Cyrus: This is exactly the type of garbage that got you kicked off The Network!!!

“FUCK YOU CYRUS” ~ the ECW fans.

Cyrus: I mean, I pushed my contacts on Pay-Per-View to cancel this SHIT-

Boos.

Cyrus: …And just show re-runs of RollerJam instead!!!

Cyrus laughs over the mic, riling the fans further.

Cyrus: But when this One Night Stand got the green light, I HAD to take action!!

Cyrus puts a hand on the shoulder of Miz, smiling approvingly at the Hardcore Champion.

Cyrus: See, The Miz here - this is the kind of star the Network approves of!! The Miz carries his Hardcore ideals in the image of The Network - not these sick freaks in New York!!!

The Miz gets into the ring, with Cyrus joining him - and both are smiling broadly, with Cyrus covering Miz ears from listening to some unflattering chants from the ECW faithful.

Cyrus: What’s the matter with you people!!?? That’s disgusting!!!

Cyrus continues to shake his head at the rudeness of the fans, whilst berating them.

Cyrus: But it goes to show that you New York scumbags wouldn’t know a star if he was standing right in the middle of this toilet bowl!!!

An unsavoury “YOU SUCK DICK” chant can be heard now, and Cyrus laughs at it, as Heyman mouths to him, “You can hear that, right??” Cyrus huffs, then explodes at the audience;

Cyrus: No. But YOU people can SUCK MINE!!!

He laughs at his own retort.

Cyrus: And you trash bags still wonder why ECW went under - why The Network cancelled ECW. THIS IS WHY!!!!

Cyrus points to Miz aggressively.

Cyrus: There was no STAR ATTRACTIONS!!! It was all grimy, sweaty hobo’s!!! See - if only we had more fine young gentlemen seven years ago like Mike here, I would’ve never had to cancel ECW!!

Heyman rubs his head, desperate for this to end.

Cyrus: In my vision for ECW - The Networks vision - we wanted to build this stinking company around a fine example like The Miz, and change the perception of this underground circus freak organization!!!

Cyrus continues to build up Miz, pointing at him repeatedly.

Cyrus: This young man is an ICON!! He’s someone that EVERYONE can learn from. He is the embodiment of everything E-C-W should’ve been!! He’s got the heart of a lion, he’s a history maker, he’s a trailblazer!!!! This young man wrestled the LONGEST EVER match in history!!!

Unflattering chants continue, and Cyrus blows up.

Cyrus: SHOW HIM SOME RESPECT YOU SONS OF BITCHES!!!!

Cyrus climbs up on the ropes, berating the fans.

Cyrus: I bring you ungrateful pieces of crap a SUPERSTAR and this is how you treat him?? Look at him - clean cut, wholesome, no mutilation on his body, no scars. He has all his own teeth, he’s clean shaven, he has a snazzy little haircut … what’s not to love??

The Network representative smiles as Miz poses, and Heyman continues to shake his head.

Cyrus: Instead, what have we seen tonight?? A geriatric old man and a fat FUCK rolling around on pins?? And that other fat FUCK on commentary with his lewd limericks about young women?? That’s NOT entertainment!!! That’s just SICK!!!

Cyrus shakes his head again, and turns his attention back to Miz.

Cyrus: Let’s instead CELEBRATE the EVOLUTION of EXTREME…

He hands the microphone over to Miz, and the Hardcore Champion is MERCILESSLY booed by the hardcore fans in the Hammerstein Ballroom. He brings the mic to his mouth - but the boos grow louder, preventing him from even getting a word out. Thrown off a little, Miz tries again.

The Miz: THIS-

The boos only INCREASE, with Miz unable to string a few simple words together. Cyrus coaches him, giving him encouragement. Heyman meanwhile, tries to gee up the fans and get them to grow even louder.

The Miz: THIS IS-

AGAIN the boos rise inside the Hammerstein Ballroom, and The Miz gets fed up, just going ahead and getting his spiel out.

The Miz: THIS … IS THE TRUUUUUUUE STORY … OF WHEN THE MIZ CAME TO “E-C-W”…

Miz smirks.

The Miz: AND SHOWED ALL OF YOU FREAKS JUST WHAT A REAL STAR LOOKED LIKE!!!!

Massive heat.

The Miz: AND YOU CAN ALL BE JEALOUS … BECAUSE I’M THE MIZ … AND I’MMMMM…

Miz grins … and waits before he says…

The Miz: HARDCORRRRRRRRE!!!!!!

Bottles and cups begin to be thrown at the ring, with Cyrus stepping in to protect The Miz, with Miz getting braver and more confident, climbing up on the turnbuckles…

The Miz: HOO-RAH!!!!

Miz jumps back down, as Heyman COUGHS on his mic, to a big pop from the fans, as the genius behind ECW speaks up, having let Cyrus and Miz have their say…

Paul Heyman: You dare step into the land of Extreme … and call yourself “Hardcore”??

Heyman laughs over the mic.

Paul Heyman: You don’t have the first idea, son.

He then points at Cyrus.

Paul Heyman: And as for you?? CYRUS?? You might’ve got ECW cancelled, but you wont hijack THIS show!!

Cyrus, pompous and smug, responds.

Cyrus: Oh, but that’s where you’re wrong, Paulie. See, The Miz is here on his own accord, defending the prestigious W-W-E Hardcore Championship.

Miz holds the belt up.

Cyrus: And I don’t want him to be SCREWED by you and your kool-aid drinking retards in the back!!!

Heat.

Cyrus: So while this is an ECW titled event - this is a WWE sanctioned match, for a WWE sanctioned championship. And the WWE get to appoint the referee.

“BULLSHIT” chants start to build, but Cyrus ignores them.

Cyrus: So, without further adieu, I give to you, the appointed official…

**HARD HITTIN**

Here comes another hated member of the WWE roster; Monday Night Raws colour commentator; THE COACH!!!!! Wearing a referee shirt, Coach is followed by his personal bodyguard; BIG ZEKE as he strolls to the ring, laughing at the fans, as he enters the ring. Coach has a secret handshake with Miz, and Cyrus, as he is handed a mic.

The Coach: WHAT’S UP E-C-W?? THE COACH IS IN THE HOUSE!!!!!

Oblivious to the go-away heat he’s getting, Coach smiles, before putting an arm around Miz.

The Coach: I couldn’t let my boy, The Miz come here alone, could I?? And I think this show needed a little bit of class!!! Am I right??

Heat.

The Coach:So I’m dying to see which ECW SUPERSTAR steps up to the plate to challenge the GREATEST HARDCORE WRESTLER OF ALL TIME!!!

Cyrus - with an evil smirk on his face - takes over again…

Cyrus: Well … let’s see … it was an open challenge to any ECW alumni, wasn’t it??

Miz and Coach nod. Cyrus continues…

Cyrus: And it’s first come, first serve, right??

They nod again, as Cyrus turns his attention to the other man in the ring; Paul Heyman.

Cyrus: Well …

The fans start to work out what’s going on, as does Heyman. Cyrus points to the ECW boss.

Cyrus: I guess we have a winner!! Congratulations Paul!!!!

Cyrus laughs, as Heyman sees the writing on the wall, with Miz, Coach and Zeke all bearing down on him. Heyman backs up, into the corner, clearly unable to take on the three men…

Cyrus: HEY - GUESS WHAT NEW YORK!!?? AFTER THE MIZ GETS DONE WITH THIS FAT PIECE OF CRAP, I’M CANCELLING THIS SHIT ALL OVER AGAIN!!!

Cyrus laughs over the mic, as Heyman is left cornered in the ring when…

**ENTER SANDMAN**

And in the crowd, THE SANDMAN emerges!!!!! Carrying his trusty Singapore Cane and cans of beer, Sandman proceeds through the sea of fans on the floor, whilst Cyrus, Miz, Coach and Zeke all pace around the ring … as Heyman sneaks out of dodge.

The fans serenade Sandman by singing along to the iconic Metallica song, with Sandman smashing beer cans over his own skull, before sipping up beer off womens breasts. In the ring, Cyrus orders Big Zeke to go after Sandman, with the big man departing the ring, and climbing the barricade.

BUT HE GETS CREAMED WITH THE SINGAPORE CANE!!!!! Sandman brutalizes Zeke with the Singapore Cane … whilst in the ring, PAUL HEYMAN IS BACK … AND HE TACKLES DOWN CYRUS!!!!!!

Heyman beats up on Cyrus momentarily, but Miz and Coach put the boots to Heyman, drawing boos from the fans, beating up on the Messiah of ECW … as Sandman finally makes it to ringside, but Cyrus and Coach keep him at bay on the floor, preventing him from getting in the ring…

WHEN THE LIGHTS GO OUT!!!!

**HUKA BLUES**

The lights return …

IT’S SABU
    !!!!!!!!!!!!

Sabu is in the ring, and he tosses a chair at Miz - DROPKICKING IT IN HIS FACE!!!!! Distracted, Cyrus turns his attention from Sandman, and it allows Sandman to drag him from the ring … AND CRACK HIM OVER THE HEAD WITH THE SINGAPORE CANE!!!!!! Heyman then beats Cyrus out of the arena, disappearing out of sight!!!!

In the ring, Sabu grabs Coach, and seemingly demands for him to ring the bell … SABU IS ACCEPTING THE CHALLENGE FROM THE MIZ!!!!!!!!!!! Sandman - seemingly playing the role of enforcer, stays at ringside, as Coach is FORCED to call for the bell!!!!!

The Miz vs. Sabu
    The Miz is BUSTED OPEN!!!!!! Off that ONE dropkick to the face with the chair, Miz is BUSTED OPEN!!! Miz is spaghetti legged, getting to his feet, and Sabu sends Miz off the ropes, knocking him back down with a SPINNING HEEL KICK!!! Picking up the chair, Sabu climbs up top … DIVING ARABIAN FACEBUSTER TO THE MIZ!!!

Sabu covers … BUT THE COACH REFUSES TO COUNT!!!!!!

Bravely or stupidly, Coach shakes his head, refusing to get down to make the count, with the Homicidal, Suicidal, Genocidal Sabu leaping back up to his feet, gripping Coach by the shirt … as we see BIG ZEKE return to ringside, and he NAILS Sandman from behind with a steel chair!!!!! Then, as Sabu gets set to take out Coach, Zeke hit’s the ring, and nails him with the chair too!!!!!

All kinds of heat fill the Hammerstein Ballroom, with Zeke stomping down Sabu, as Coach slides in a table, setting it upright in the corner. We see Miz is STILL flattened on the mat, bleeding profusely, whilst Coach and Zeke take care of business … with Zeke picking Sabu up … CHARGING ACROSS THE RING - RAMMING SABU THROUGH THE TABLE!!!!!

Sabu gets dragged out of the rubble, with Zeke picking up Miz, draping his arm over the torso of Sabu … as Coach makes the count … the LIGHTNING FAST count … 1,2- KICK OUT!!!!! The fans worst fears are allayed for now at least, as Sabu KICKS OUT!!!! Coach is stunned, and tells Zeke to do it again, ordering his bodyguard out of the ring.

Big Zeke places a table between the guardrail and the ring, but once he does that, SANDMAN IS BACK!!!!! And for the second time, Sandman PEPPERS Zeke with the Cane, knocking him over the barrier, fighting Zeke through the crowd … with Coach horrified. Quickly, he helps Miz up, getting him to climb onto the table between the guardrail and the ring apron.

As Miz stumbles through the ropes, Coach tries to get Sabu up, with a clear plan in mind to put him through the table, BUT SABU EXPLODES!!!!! Sabu hammers Coach, and waffles him with the chair … then he runs across the ring, DOUBLE JUMP TO THE OUTSIDE … DDT THROUGH THE TABLE TO THE MIZ!!!

“HOLY SHIT”
    “HOLY SHIT”
    “HOLY SHIT”

Somehow, Sabu recovers from the insane - suicidal even - spot, and rolls the lifeless body of the WWE Hardcore Champion into the ring!! Sabu brings another table into the ring, setting it up with Miz placed upon it, setting a chair up too … FOR A TRIPLE JUMP MOONSAULT THROUGH THE TABLE!!!!!! The Sandman has returned to the ring after dispatching of Big Zeke … and grabbing the arm of Coach, Sandman makes the count for Sabu … 1...2...3!!!!!
    WINNER: AND NEW WWE HARDCORE CHAMPION - SABU @ 03:29

The Miz never even got a single piece of offence in!!! Battered and bloodied, The Miz LOSES the Hardcore Championship at One Night Stand … but CYRUS has returned at ringside … and HE GRABS THE HARDCORE TITLE BELT!!! Cyrus tries to make off with the title belt … BUT GETS CUT OFF BY JOEY STYLES AND JOEL GERTNER!!!!!

Like a rat in a trap, Cyrus is caught, with Sandman waiting at ringside. He tries to push past the commentary team - but Joel and Joey overpower him, and drag Cyrus back to the ring, kicking and screaming!!!!!

Cyrus gets tossed into the ring, along with the Hardcore title, as PAUL HEYMAN returns, and he’s bringing a trashcan with him!!! In the ring, Sandman gives Cyrus a WHITE RUSSIAN LEG SWEEP … as Sabu kills Coach with an ARABIAN SKULLCRUSHER!!!!!!! Miz doesn’t get off lightly either, as despite the beating he’s suffered … he eats one last - BRUTAL - Singapore Cane shot to the skull!!!!

Miz is tossed out of the ring with Cyrus and Coach, with Sandman and Sabu standing tall in the ring, having shown Miz what “Hardcore” really is tonight. Bringing the trash can into the ring, Heyman fills it with gasoline, before Sandman takes a puff of a cigarette - tossing the butt into the trash can - starting a fire inside the trash can … as Sabu takes the Hardcore title … AND TOSSES THE TATTERED OLD TITLE BELT INTO THE TRASH!!!!!!!!!

“E-C-W” chants fill the arena, with Heyman goading the fans on, drumming up all the ECW chants he can muster, as ECW officially KILLS the Hardcore title, figuratively, and LITERALLY at One Night Stand!!!!

In build up for the upcoming main event, we get a chronological recap of everything that has led to Rob Van Dam vs. Chris Jericho tonight. The cheap win for Jericho at WrestleMania, and Jericho avoiding RVD at all costs since then, whilst stealing the Money in the Bank briefcase.

Then, the fortunate Chris Jericho win at Saturday Nights Main Event that saw Van Dam forced to depart the WWE … but that didn’t mean he couldn’t compete at ECW One Night Stand. Paul Heyman tricked Jericho into agreeing to compete at this show, before informing him of his opponent.

Back at commentary, Joey Styles and Joel Gertner have retaken their seats, both crowing over how good it felt to get a shot in on Cyrus moments ago. Styles happily informs everyone that the cheap, tacky Hardcore Championship is DEAD, and that The Miz is most certainly NOT Hardcore on tonight’s evidence.

Moving on, Styles and Gertner talk about the Jericho/Van Dam main event to come in just a second, replaying the run-in of RVD on Raw last Monday, and then the promo Chris Jericho cut on Smackdown two night ago, leading to tonight…

**BREAK THE WALLS DOWN**

There’s boos for the Money in the Bank briefcase holding CHRIS JERICHO - though cheers filter as we see him displaying an old school ‘LIONHEART’ vest, going back to his ECW moniker. Quickly though, the reason for that becomes clear … as Jericho tears the jacket off, RIPS IT - AND TOSSES IT AWAY!!!!! Jericho gets into a few arguments with the fans on his way to the ring, nearly inciting a riot, before being ushered into the ring by the security on the floor.

**ONE OF A KIND**

With BILL ALFONSO back by his side, ROB VAN DAM gets a heroes welcome in the Hammerstein Ballroom!!! RVD slaps hands with fans all the way down the aisle, as Alfonso annoyingly blows his whistle throughout the entrance, as Styles reminds us; RVD is no longer in the WWE - this will be the last time we’ll potentially EVER see him, and most definitely the last time we’ll see him in an ECW environment.

Van Dam hit’s the ring … and Jericho IMMEDIATELY takes a walk when RVD climbs inside!!! Van Dam poses for the fans, giving them the ‘R-V-D’ thumb taunt, before calling Jericho into the ring … but Jericho will get in on his own time - not when RVD asks him too. Jericho continues to walk around the ring, as Alfonso gets in his face, blowing his whistle-

AND JERICHO PIE FACES BILL ALFONSO ON THE FLOOR!!!!!

More boos fill the Hammerstein Ballroom, with Jericho bullying the wiry manager of RVD … but Van Dam manages to keep his cool, not rising to the bait from Jericho, and instead, telling Jericho to grow a set and get in the ring. After the stalling, Jericho finally - and carefully gets in the ring, as the bell is rung.

GRUDGE MATCH:
    The two men meet in the middle of the ring, and surprisingly, RVD doesn’t go flat out for Jericho. They share a few words, and RVD begins to do his thumb taunt - but Jericho SLAPS HIM!!!!! Bad idea - RVD responds with punches, then a series of quick clotheslines, with Jericho tumbling around the ring, before rolling out, wanting a break already, having made a stupid decision at the outset. Van Dam isn’t giving time-outs though, and he gives chase.

Jericho rolls back in, lying in wait for RVD, wanting to meet him with a kick - but it’s caught, and Van Dam executes his step over wheel kick, knocking Jericho down!! He whips Jericho to the corner, rushing in with punches and kicks, then backflips out of the corner in a show-off manner - but it’s typical RVD. Jericho charges out though, wanting to surprise RVD - but RVD LEAPS OVER as Jericho rushes him.

Turning around, Van Dam meets Jericho with an inverted atomic drop … and follows up with a clothesline over the top. Jericho lands on the floor, and RVD follows up with a PLANCHA!!!!! Bouncing up to his feet, Van Dam plays to the fans for a moment, then sends Jericho into the guardrail, punching him there and then tosses Jericho aside.

Looking for a moonsault perhaps, RVD jumps onto the guardrail - BUT JERICHO IS UP AND HE SHOVES RVD INTO THE CROWD!!!!!!!!! Jericho looks pleased with himself after that, and berates a few fans, telling them to get out of the way, as he climbs onto the guardrail himself, jumping off and catching Van Dam with an axe handle!!!

Jericho proceeds to stomp Jericho, talking trash, slapping the back of RVD’s head, enjoying this moment of supremacy, mocking Van Dam, perhaps getting a little bit ahead of himself, but - after shooing fans away - Jericho delivers a SUPLEX on the floor!!! Jericho brings Van Dam back up, asking him; “Is this what you wanted?? You stupid son of a bitch!!”

He tosses RVD back over the guardrail, and slams Van Dam on the floor, before producing a LADDER from under the ring, and uses it like a JOUST, jabbing the ladder at Van Dam at speed on the floor, knocking him down again!!! Back in the ring, Jericho slides the ladder in, setting it in the corner, then opens up with chops to RVD in the opposite corner.

Having softened Van Dam up, Jericho wants an Irish Whip into the ladder … but RVD REVERSES - and Jericho COLLIDES WITH THE LADDER!!! Van Dam follows up - DROPKICK to the back of Jericho, crushing him against the ladder again!!! Jericho staggers out - spin kick from RVD!!! Jericho goes down, allowing RVD to deliver a spinning leg drop, and Van Dam then sets the ladder down … SLAMMING Jericho onto it … AND HIT’S A ROLLING THUNDER ON THE LADDER!!!!!!!

Jericho rolls off the ladder, clutching his back in agony, as Van Dam proceeds to stand the ladder up … and he climbs to the top, with obvious bad intentions … but much to Van Dams horror, Jericho manages to stop him up there!!! Jericho climbs up too … AND TRAPS VAN DAM IN THE WALLS OF JERICHO ON THE TOP OF THE LADDER!!!!!

Van Dams body contorts, and Jericho cranks as best as he can, before releasing the hold, sending RVD tumbling to the mat below!!! Feeding off the heat from the fans, Jericho poses at the top of the ladder, and mocks RVD with his own thumb taunt … but while he does this, Van Dam is back up … and he TIPS THE LADDER … JERICHO TUMBLES … AND CROTCHES THE TOP ROPE!!!!!!

With Jericho in a world of hurt on the ropes, Van Dam calls for a chair from Alfonso, getting it - and recklessly THROWS THE CHAIR at Jerichos head!!!!! The impact sends Jericho tumbling to the floor, and now it’s RVD that can play to the fans … before setting himself, watching as Jericho gets back up, and takes off … SUICIDE DIVE … BUT JERICHO MEETS HIM WITH A SWING OF HIS BRIEFCASE!!!!!!!

The Suicide dive ends in disaster for Van Dam, as Jericho meets him with the briefcase shot to the skull!!! Smirking, Jericho holds up his briefcase - and there’s a HUGE dent in it given the impact on Van Dams head just now!!! Jericho tosses RVD back in, and climbs up top, waiting for Van Dam to get up - and Jericho comes off the top with a reverse elbow. First cover of the match - Jericho wants this to be over, 1...2...NO!!!

Jericho picks the ladder back up, and TOSSES it at RVD, but thankfully for him, Van Dam ducks under, with the ladder falling out of the ring. Jericho charges at RVD after missing with the ladder, but Van Dam ducks a clothesline, waistlock - GERMAN SUPLEX!!!!! Van Dam displays some of his better wrestling, and off the German, he delivers a STANDING moonsault on Jericho!!!

Savouring the cheers from the fans, RVD shrugs, then softens up Jericho with right hands, then sends him off to the corner, following in with shoulder thrusts to the gut of the man that exiled him from the WWE. After four thrusts, Van Dam back flips out of the corner again, rushing back in for a Monkey Flip … BLOCKED by Jericho … and COUNTERED into the WALLS OF JERICHO!!!!!

NO!!!

Jericho cant get the Walls turned over, and Van Dams impressive leg strength sees him manage to power Jericho off!!! Getting up, RVD ducks a running forearm shot from Jericho, and looks for a kick - but it’s caught by Jericho … ENZIGURI from Van Dam!!! RVD drops Jericho again, and hit’s a discus leg drop - but he STILL wont go for the cover, and Joey speculates that RVD wants to punish Jericho for as long as he possibly can.

Alfonso tosses Van Dam another chair, but when it’s caught by RVD, Jericho leaps up, looking for a spin kick of his own - Van Dam ducks. Rob then throws the chair at Jericho - caught by Jericho, RVD looks for a Van Daminator - Jericho ducks … AND WAFFLES VAN DAM WITH THE CHAIR!!!! The impact sends RVD falling through the middle rope, onto the apron, and Jericho delivers his signature springboard dropkick, knocking his rival to the floor!!!

Jericho then baseball slides Van Dam when he tries to pull himself back up, and follows to the floor. Jericho chops RVD against the apron, then sends him into the guardrail again, rushing at him - FOOT UP from RVD!!! Jericho staggers back, allowing RVD to jump on the guardrail again - SPRINGBOARD SOMERSAULT PLANCHA OFF THE GUARDRAIL!!!!!

“R-V-D” chants fill the Hammerstein Ballroom, and Van Dam picks Jericho up, sitting him on the guardrail, with Alfonso making himself useful - holding a chair up against Jerichos face, as RVD springs off the rail, KICKING THE CHAIR INTO JERICHOS FACE!!!!! Enjoying himself, RVD bows for the fans, savouring his return to ECW, and eventually tosses Jericho back into the ring, bringing a chair with him.

RVD sets Jericho down in the corner, proceeding to deliver a running low dropkick - using the CHAIR to CRUSH Jerichos face!!!!! Playing to the fans, RVD asks if they want the Van Terminator … and believing Jericho to be in the prime position for it, RVD sets the chair against the chest and face of his prone opponent … but before Rob can leap onto the ropes across the ring … Jericho pushes the chair away … AND ROLLS OUT OF THE RING!!!!!
    HE’S TRYING TO WALK OUT!!!!!

Boos fill the arena, with Jericho being called a pussy by the ECW faithful. He gives the fans the bird … but before he can leave, Jericho is confronted by Bill Alfonso!!! Bill gesticulates for Jericho to return to the ring, blowing his whistle incessantly … UNTIL JERICHO TRIPS HIM UP AND APPLIES THE WALLS OF JERICHO TO BILL ALFONSO ON THE AISLE!!!!!!!!

Joey Styles is disgusted, and the fans let Jericho know how they feel too, as he cranks back on the Walls to the wiry manager … as Van Dam soon makes the save, grabbing Jericho from behind by the hair, leading him back to the ring, and looks to send Jericho into the ring apron - reversed by Jericho!! Van Dam hit’s the apron and Jericho follows up, catching RVD with his step up ENZIGURI on the floor!!!!

Jericho picks up a cookie sheet, threatening fans with it, before waffling Van Dam with the weapon to the face!!! Jericho picks up Alfonsos whistle now, taking it from Bill as he crawls back to ringside (whilst stomping the manager for the sake of it) and begins to blow the whistle incessantly, infuriating the fans. Picking up a chair, Jericho SMASHES it across the back of Van Dam - blowing the whistle each time he nails RVD!!

Lining up a big shot against the ring post, Jericho swings - but Van Dam ducks out of the way, with the chair smashing off the post!!! Jericho drops the chair, selling the effect on his wrists, and Van Dam tees off on Jericho, with the whistle disappearing into Jerichos mouth - and he starts choking on it!!!! After Jericho removes the whistle from his mouth, Van Dam throws Jericho back in the ring, and lands with a springboard clothesline as he gets back in himself!!!

Jericho gets sent off the ropes, but ducks a shot from Van Dam … AND COMES BACK WITH A FLYING FOREARM TO RVD!!!! Jericho picks RVD up, and sends him SHOULDER FIRST through the ropes in the corner, crashing Van Dams shoulder against the post, then drags him back out … POWERBOMB … JERICHO HOLDS ON … POWERS RVD UP AGAIN … SECOND POWERBOMB!!!!! 1...2...NO!!!!!!!!!!

VAN DAM KICKED OUT OF THE DOUBLE POWERBOMB!!!!

A move not used by Jericho in YEARS, but it’s not enough to finish off RVD, and Jericho is livid. He grabs John Finnegan by the shirt, angry at the count, believing it should be over, then shoves him away, coming back for RVD … CODEBREAKER … BLOCKED BY VAN DAM!!!! Jericho lands on the mat, and is slow to get up, but he rushes at RVD again - SUPERKICK FROM VAN DAM!!!!!

Van Dam knocks Jericho down, and rolls out, picking up another chair, bringing it in, and driving it down into the gut of Jericho before leaving it on him. RVD shapes up in the corner … going for a SPLIT LEGGED MOONSAULT TO JERICHO - ONTO THE CHAIR - BUT JERICHO GETS HIS KNEES UP!!!!! Van Dam sells the pain, as Jericho recovers … BULLDOG!!!! LIONSAULT!!!!! 1...2...KICK OUT FROM VAN DAM!!!!!!!!!!

Jericho is incensed. Mr. Money in the Bank gets to his feet, calling Finnegan a moron and an idiot, asking if he can even COUNT to three, with Finnegan trying to explain that RVD kicked out, but Jericho doesn’t want to hear it … CODEBREAKER TO FINNEGAN!!!!! Of everything he’s done, THAT gets the most heat for Jericho - assaulting the poor official!!!

He picks up the chair again, smashing it off the canvas, muttering to himself as he stands over RVD, desperate to put Van Dam away for good - raising the chair … RVD LEAPS UP - VAN DAMINATOR TO JERICHO!!!!!! Van Dam makes the cover … BUT THERE’S NO REFEREE!!!!! Finnegan is out cold … BUT BILL ALFONSO SLIDES IN TO MAKE THE COUNT … 1...2...JERICHO KICKS OUT AT THE LAST SECOND!!!!!

Van Dam shakes his head, but speaks with his dishevelled manager - he has something more in mind for Jericho; a promise to uphold. Jericho is set on the canvas up against the ropes, and Alfonso holds up a chair against Jericho … as ROB VAN DAM FINALLY SOARS FOR THE VAN TERMINATOR ON JERICHO that he promised MONTHS ago …

JERICHO DRAGS ALFONSO IN FRONT OF HIM TO TAKE THE BRUNT OF THE DAMAGE!!!!!!!!!

Van Dam wipes out his own manager inadvertently!!!!! Jericho still takes punishment from the Coast to Coast move … but he escapes the full brunt of it, with Van Dam checking on Fonzie - but Alfonso is out COLD. RVD is too busy checking on the condition of Fonzie that he completely takes his eyes off Jericho … and Jericho pounces … LOW BLOW TO VAN DAM!!!!!!!!!!

Van Dam drops to his knees, and Jericho - spaghetti legged, selling the effects of the partial Van Terminator still - grabs the chair, then throws it to RVD once he’s back up … CODEBREAKER ONTO THE CHAIR!!!!!!!! That’ll do it!!! Jericho - talking trash to anyone who’ll listen, turns RVD over, finishing Van Dam once and for all … hooking the leg … BUT THERE’S NO REFEREE TO MAKE THE COUNT!!!!

Jericho keeps the leg hooked, looking to the entrance, beckoning a referee, as Styles reminds us that is was Jericho that assaulted the official and only has himself to blame. Jericho shakes his head, with no referee to make the count … until JEFF JONES comes haring out through the curtain to major heat … down the steps, and runs to the ring, sliding inside … 1...2...VAN DAM KICKS OUT!!!!!

And it was a FAST count too!!!!!! Jericho has a temper tantrum, knowing he had the match won, but an idea appears to be developing in his sick mind, with a grin appearing on his face. Jericho gets Jeff Jones to help him out, pointing to the corner … as he looks to set up his OWN Van Terminator!!! The irony!!! After RVD promised for months to give Jericho the move … Jericho will now look to do it to Van Dam instead!!!

Van Dam is set in the corner, and Jericho steps out onto the apron, turning to mock the fans, and starts giving them the bird … WHEN VAN DAM GETS BACK UP - DRILLING JONES WITH THE CHAIR … and when Jericho turns around on the apron - HE GETS THE CHAIR TOSSED AT HIS FACE!!!!! Jericho falls off the apron, onto the floor, and RVD sets him on the guardrail … GUILLOTINE LEG DROP FROM THE APRON TO THE RAIL!!!!!

The Whole F’N Show throws Jericho back in the ring, whilst leaping to the top rope … FIVE STAR FROG SPLASH!!!!!!!!! Cover … Finnegan has miraculously recovered … 1...2... - VAN DAM BREAKS THE COUNT HIMSELF!!!! Van Dam pulls Jericho up by the hair, shaking his head, and holds up one finger … there’s ONE thing left to do tonight!!!

Van Dam drags the lifeless body of Jericho to the corner, setting him by the ropes, as Fonzie recovers to hold the chair against Jericho … Van Dam stands across the ring, on the apron, pointing around the arena, telling the fans he loves them and ECW … before he springs onto the ropes … AND FLIES … VAN TERMINATOR FINALLY CONNECTS ON JERICHO!!!!!!!!!!!!! He drags Jericho out, hooking the leg … 1...2...3!!!!!!!!!!!!!

WINNER: ROB VAN DAM @ 23:46

It IS a happy ending for RVD, and the Whole F’N Show signs off in style!! He’s banished from the WWE, but Van Dam steals the show once again in E-C-W!!! The celebrations begin, and RVD grabs a mic, talking about dreaming of this moment for seven years.

RVD tells the fans he’s wrestled at WrestleManias, Summerslams, he’s been WWE Champion … but NOTHING compares to THIS NIGHT, and THIS is HIS WrestleMania!!! Van Dam then invites the ENTIRE locker room to join him in the ring…

And they oblige!!!!

The locker room empties out (though Jericho departs, staying true to his character, holding his face as trainers help him out, and Raven is also missing from the festivities as is Cyrus), and they fill the ring, ending One Night Stand with a huge celebration of ECW, going off the air with the fans chanting “E-C-W” at the top of their lungs.

With Rob Van Dam front and centre with Paul Heyman, as The Sandman hands out beers, with old foes burying the hatchet. Tears are shed, hugs are shared … as One Night Stand goes off the air, bringing the curtain down on ECW for the very last time.

END OF SHOW
    Last edited by Wolf Beast; 04-28-2018 at 12:43 PM.

BEING THE BOOKER

Jam Up Guy

Status

What a show! You can always tell when someone has enjoyed writing something, and this is definitely the case here, right? Feels like you were having a great time writing it, and that comes through when reading it and makes it all the more enjoyable. Lovely stuff.

Excuse me if I've misunderstood at all, but I figured this was your first ONS (as in, in your reality, the 2005 show didn't happen). So my feedback is based around that context. If I've misunderstood, apologies!

Two minor things I really appreciated 1) little touches like not treating Rey/Psicosis as an all-time classic, because they wouldn't be capable of that now, or WWE entrance themes being booed, and 2) that where the real ONS was kind of an introduction to ECW, but through a sanitised WWE lens, you leaned heavily in to providing a genuine ECW experience. Joel Gertner, Cyrus, original Flock, obscenities, etc. This felt like a tribute to the real ECW, which made it feel different to reality but somehow more authentic.

The opening of Dreamer & Raven was excellent. It was like a signpost saying "this isn't a WWE event". Even though it wasn't what you'd expect from an "opener", it was kind of ideal for getting the place absolutely rocking. Loved all the lights going out, and the opening with King, and with Raven winning because he always wins. Terrific start to the show.

I'm surprised Tajiri won with a clean sweep. I'm going to predict that Noble is going to retain at the Bash, leaving Danielson to move up the card (which is KotR showing has already started to do), and giving Tajiri a good showing here means he can come back full time and maybe challenge.

There honestly wasn't too much to the Credible/Lynn stuff, but it was a nice way to keep things feeling authentic and giving a fun experience of ECW, with the impromptu match and all.

Rey/Psicosis I've touched on with the fans booing entrances and the 619, and you admitting it was a good match but not on the level of things they've done before, which is to be expected. It was a good match though, and I think important to demonstrate that ECW was about more than people getting hit in the head a bunch.

Really enjoyed Jack/Funk, might have been my favourite match of the bunch. Both are obviously not getting any younger, but I think it was important to give them this moment. If this had been on any other show (say, GAB) then it'd have been a little embarrassing, but in this environment it's absolutely perfect. Two men who embody so much of what ECW was about putting it all on the line one last time is exactly what this type of show should be about.

I like that you kept Heyman's promo as it was because that was one of the real highlights of the actual show. Shane there was no "I've got to words for ya... Matt freakin' Hardy!" "That's three words!" Having Cyrus come out to argue was great, and him putting over The Miz to piss off the fans even more was perfect. I was convinced Miz was going to steal another victory here, but now I've read how you handled it, I don't think that would have worked at all. Given this whole show was a tribute to ECW, to have Sabu job to The Miz would have fallen quite flat. This was you've paid all of that previous stuff off, and now either Miz can feel hard done by as he didn't know who his opponent was, or you can Dusty finish it as it wasn't a WWE event, or not a proper ref making the count, or whatever you want to do. Good stuff.

Jericho/RVD was the perfect way to cap the show off. An actual bonafide main event, but one with real ties to ECW. RVD simply had to win, but I'm glad he did it to put the rivalry to bed. It's going to be interesting to see where Jericho goes from here as the MitB holder, and part of me hopes he uses this as a bit of a Dean Malenko in 98 type story where he tries to goad him in to coming back for another match. But all in all, a great way to top off a fantastic event.

Big time thumbs up from me from top from top to bottom. Great work!

Main Eventer

Status

Hey Wolf!!

Here's some thoughts on the ECW ONS PPV (oh 3 acronyms in a row there!!)

Enjoyed the Gertner stuff. Very rude but very enjoyable. Lawler coming out was a great use of resources. It really sucks that there is no Rhino or Taz for this though.

Opening with Raven/Dreamer flowed well off the start of the show. And as usual just when Dreamer thinks he has Raven where he wants him something comes in to mess it up. Nice to throw Stetson and Hotbody in with The Pitbulls, Stevie and others unavailable due to death, character development etc. Very awesome to see Brian Lee come in and recreate some history, although it wasn't through a table this time. Dreamer saves Beulah AGAIN and loses to Raven AGAIN!!! It was meant to be. Dreamer gets a little bit of revenge after the match and the night is off to a great start.

Quickly detailed but you'd expect the triple threat to be a great match work rate wise. Tajiri winning was a bit of a shock but I can see him coming in and being a fresh challenge for Noble/Danielson as someone said above.

Would have been nice for a list of the ECW Alumni deceased. By memory there has been a lot though.

Can't fault the next two combined matches involving Lynn and Credible. Should have figured an Impact Players reunion and was nice to see Corino, Storm and the Chair Swinging Freakz. Some proper ECW nostalgia with all the international object usage and we got a catfight in too!!! Awesome!!!

Mysterio was always winning this considering he's still a big name but it was cool to see Psichosis with the mask on again. Where's Juventud Guerrera though, eh!!! Great finish to the match that will bring a big pop from the ECW crowd.

Cactus and Funk go to war... as you expect!! Tacks!! Barbed wire!!! They don't do anything second hand thse two. Cactus was the right winner and I loved the finish, Cactus nearly killing himself to make sure he put Funk down. Nice show of respect for the pair after the match, because they deserve it.

Cyrus!!! Haha!! Nice little touch to get him in for even more heat on the most hated man in ECW. As if the heat wasn't bad you bring out Coach too!!! And here comes Sandman!!! Madness ensues as he reaches the ringside. From Zeke taking a caning, Heyman fighting Cyrus and then Sabu comes out of the dark to accept Miz's challenge!! This is EC-Dub alright!!! Quick match but excellent stuff. Miz's reign is over and he will always be the last person to lose the Hardcore Championship after Sabu & Sandman destroy it!!! One of my fave parts of the night.

Main event time!! Oh boy!!! this delivered big time!! From Jericho pie facing Alfonos to putting him in the Walls Of Jericho. Van Daminator!! Dodgy ref!!! This had it all!!! Loved Jericho throwing Fonsie in front of the first Van Terminator. But RVD gets the big win with the Van Terminator that he's wanted for months in this feud with Jericho. It looks like the end but hopefully down the line there is still a place for RVD. Like Keefmoon said I hope this eats away at Jericho and he asks for him to come back.

Overall an epic event and I can't really fault any of it.

Pat yourself on the back... again!!!

Probably booking

Status

Thanks to keefmoon and Sykotic for the comments on ONS. Keef; you're correct - this is the first One Night Stand show in this altered reality.

As I'd said previously, I had a lot of fun writing the show (especially the Gertner promo), given it was a one-off and there was nothing to plan in the future for etc. Really, the main reasons for doing this show was to reach a climax of the Miz Hardcore title run, end the RVD/Jericho feud and to write off both RVD and Joey Styles. For the rest, I just looked to Stojy's thread for much of the inspiration (especially the Cyrus appearance . And while there could be some fun in Jericho now chasing RVD to come back after exiling him from the WWE, *spoiler alert* it wont be the direction I'll be going in. This is the write off for RVD in the thread for now at least. With Styles, I've struggled for most of the time I've wrote him on commentary, as much of what I've written for him, I've always read in Michael Coles voice. I'd been brainstorming for ways of transitioning Styles out of commentary and putting Cole back in, but held off until this show for Styles to quit in a blaze of glory. It's not that I prefer Cole as a commentator (I dont) but I'm just more comfortable writing commentary for him. Most probably due to having to listen (the longest weekly episodic bullshit) to him (VINTAGE) every week (Its... BOSS TIME!) forever.

As for bringing in Tajiri, the three way dance outcome would suggest that ... but that wont be the case. Logic would've dictated Kid Kash going over as he's been pushed to a certain extent on Raw, but I wanted to a) thrown in a few surprises here and there, and b) not show favouritism toward Raw and Smackdown guys.

In terms of predictions on the show; firstly, thanks to everyone that took time to post them. Ten is probably the most amount of people I've had offer up their thoughts since coming here, and the most probably since posting my last WrestleMania elsewhere. From my calculations, there was a four way tie for the winner, with Sykotic, HugLife, Gards Jr and Rasky on 11 points. Poor Super Crazy btw, not one person thought he'd win the Three Way Dance. Was surprised that quite a few people had predicted Miz escaping with the Hardcore title, as I'd assumed that would've been the most predictable outcome on the show. This had been the plan for quite some time, as I dont think I could've gotten much more out of the run. I didnt want to keep the title around either, so that's why it was burnt to a crisp after Sabu won.

For anyone that might've been wondering where the Dudleys, Taz(z) or Rhy(i)no may have been, in this alternate universe, they've all packed up and gone to TNA at this point, so I didnt consider them. At this point in real life, I think Raven may still have been in TNA too, but I wasnt booking an ECW reunion show without a Raven vs Dreamer match. Obviously, the other big match I'd have liked to have done would've been RVD vs Jerry Lynn, but given the way I wanted to finish the RVD/Jericho feud, it wasnt an option, so I had to find another way to get Jerry Lynn on the show.

Anyways, Raw this week is in recap form, and I'll hold off until Monday probably to post it.

BEING THE BOOKER

Drink the Kool-Aid

Status

As I mentioned previously in my rep comment, no time for full comments, but I thought this show was fantastic. It was probably the most fun I've had reading a show in a long time.

From reliving feuds like Raven/Dreamer and Cactus/Funk, to special appearances from Cyrus and Jerry Lawler, this show had a bit of everything. Some quality matches on display as well, and you made great reference to the ECW crowd as well, especially when it comes to the heat towards the WWE based stuff. I did have something in mind regarding using Lawler in my thread for an appearance as well so I might have to go back to the drawing board and rethink my strategy.

Gertner promo was probably the best Gertner promo I've read in BTB so props for that. Jericho/Van Dam had the best finish it possibly could have, and this is probably the perfect event/time to end RVD's in ring career. Not only is it at an ECW show but he's only going to get worse in the ring from here.

I never thought you did a bad job of writing commentary for Styles so no marks for bringing in Cole.

For what its worth, I enjoyed the slightly changed up format as well. Felt really refreshing and was still easy enough to follow promos.

No criticism here, everything was top notch. Looking forward to Raw!

Probably booking

Status

Raw Re: Being The Booker

…
    …
    …
    …
    …
    …
    …

Monday Night Raw | July 14 2008 | Baltimore MD

Raw opens direct to the ring, where THE MASTER CRAFTSMEN are standing - gloating over their wins last week to retain their respective titles. Haas and Dinsmore talk about the roll that the East Coast Party Boys had been on … until they met the premiere team in ALL the WWE, mocking Ryder and Hawkins team name, by saying they didn’t have much to party about after losing to the champs last week.

Moving on, Albright gets his chance to speak, and has no problem reminding the fans that last week was his THIRD title defence since winning the title only three weeks earlier (ignoring the fact that the first title defence he’s counting never actually happened), putting himself over as the hardest working World Champion of all time … “but not through choice, let me tell ya.”

Albright expands on his point, claiming that Raw GM Ricky Steamboat has had a vendetta against him since the moment he took charge on Raw, calling the treatment unfair, and accuses Steamboat of being jealous because Albright is a better champion than the Dragon ever was. Haas chips back in, suggesting that they’ll be the ones having a party tonight when Ventura gives Steamboat his marching orders.

Continuing on, Albright mocks Steamboats ‘obvious’ attempts to have him lose the title, stating that in just one month as champion, Albright has already cleaned out Monday Night Raw, having defeated Christian, Shelton Benjamin and Shawn Michaels in title matches, whilst beating Rey Mysterio ‘on my week off’. Openly questioning, Albright asks where the next challenge will come from…

As Dinsmore suggests Steamboat give Doink The Clown a call, or find out what the Iron Shiek is up to, before Haas adds “don’t go giving the man ideas!!” Laughing, the Craftsmen tell the fans they should be laughing too, because Steamboat as GM has been an absolute joke. Albright takes over and shouts; “we‘re six weeks away from Summer slam - and your world champion cant see a worthy contender anywhere on the horizon!!”

**STAY IN SHADOW**

PAUL LONDON
    - who returned two weeks ago on Raw, and last week promised to come after ALL THREE of the Master Craftsmen - enters the stage, but before he can speak, and even before his music can fade out, London is interrupted by Albright shouting - “I STILL don’t see a worthy contender!!” London though, doesn’t care what Albright does or doesn’t see, he made a declaration last week that he was coming for EVERYTHING the Master Craftsmen have.

**BOOYAKA 619**

Before London can say any more though, REY MYSTERIO joins him on the stage, which brings a comment from Dinsmore that “looks like the loser convention has started up there!!” Albright mocks Rey and London, calling them the prime example of there being no worthy contenders for his title on Raw, saying he’s fed up of beating both Mysterio and London. London snipes back, telling Albright the last time they met, he beat Albright; 1,2,3 in the King of the Ring tournament.

Albright discounts it, telling London HE didn’t beat Albright - the clock did that night, citing the time limit on the match, claiming it played into Londons hands. London tells Albright to make all the excuses he wants; it doesn’t matter. The Master Craftsmen stole his shot at becoming King of the Ring, and now, he doesn’t care if they deem him worthy of a shot or not - he’s coming for revenge; one way or another.

Mysterio nods, telling the Craftsmen he’s sick of the three of them. They injured London, they broke Shelton Benjamins arm - and if it wasn’t for London a few weeks ago, they’d have done the same to him. “It‘s time the three of you got a taste of your own medicine.” Haas laughs off the threat from Rey, and adding to Albrights earlier point about being fed up of beating them up, “I guess we could do it one more time!!”

Inviting Rey and London to fight the three of them, The Master Craftsmen set their titles down - big men when they have the numbers advantage. Rey and London show no fear though, and begin to walk down the aisle, ready to fight the trio, even if they are a man light…

**AINT NO STOPPIN ME**

SHELTON BENJAMIN!!!!! Wearing a free cast on his arm, SHELTON BENJAMIN comes racing through the curtain, as the cocky demeanour of the Master Craftsmen vanishes instantaneously!!! Benjamin sprints down the ramp, past London and Mysterio, into the ring, taking the fight to Albright, Haas and Dinsmore!!! London and Mysterio join him, beating the hell out of the Master Craftsmen!!! They clear the ring, with the Craftsmen staggering away, regrouping on the outside, looking to escape-

**SIRIUS**

But here comes RICKY STEAMBOAT!!! The Raw General Manager (for now, at least) makes his way onto the stage, much to the chagrin of the Master Craftsmen, telling Albright he sees three worthy contenders for the title in the ring right now … and while Albright wont have to defend the title tonight, he WILL be in action, with Haas and Dinsmore, against the three men in the ring.

And, if Rey, London and Shelton win the six man tag tonight - ALL THREE of them will get a shot at the title next week on Raw in a Fatal Four Way!!! Naturally, Albright is livid, getting in Steamboats face, telling him this isn’t right, with Haas and Dinsmore holding Brent back, telling Steamboat he’ll not be in charge long enough to see this ruling through.

They depart the stage, leaving the faces standing tall in the ring - needing to remain a unit tonight for all three of them to get what they want in a weeks time… cutting to ringisde, J.R is shown for the first time tonight, being joined by MATT STRIKER - filling in for Coach as a result of the injuries suffered by Coach last night at One Night Stand.

Quoting Paul Heymans first lines when he replaced Jerry Lawler on Raw in ‘01, Striker decrees that “where there is chaos - there is opportunity”, before wishing Coach well, and hoping he can do a good job in his absence. J.R tells Striker “it isn’t a high bar, kid”, before hyping what’s to come tonight. Jesse Ventura will deliver an evaluation on Steamboat, whilst up next, the Knuckle Dusters and New Standard will bring an end to their ongoing rivalry…

…
    …

COMMERCIAL BREAK

…
    …

In a solid tag team grudge match, the veteran duo of William Regal and Goldust; THE KNUCKLE DUSTERS overcome the youth of THE NEW STANDARD pair Cody Rhodes and Ken Doane. It’s a physical affair, with much of the match happening as a four man fight and not much in the way of tags. The finish comes @ 09:14 with the up and comers finding themselves out cheated by the savvy vets, looking to use the brass knucks on Regal, but unbeknownst to Cody, Regal has a pair of his own tucked away, and catches Rhodes coming in with the POWER OF THE PUNCH, knocking Cody down. Goldust is the man to make the cover, with Regal holding Doane on the outside … 1...2...3!!!!!

After the match, Goldust and Regal celebrate, knocking off the younger pair, teaching Rhodes and Doane that they still have a long way to go before they can outsmart the old dogs. J.R adds his pennies worth, claiming that Regal and Goldust should be looking at a title shot in their future, forming a formidable team with their guile and experience.

…
    …
    COMMERCIAL BREAK
    …
    …

We get a recap of last weeks CHRISTIAN/CENA showdown and brawl, leading to the announcement of their HELL IN A CELL match at SUMMERSLAM by Ricky Steamboat.

…

During the entrances for the next match, J.R and Striker discuss the events last week between Christian and Cena, both adding their excitement for the final showdown between the pair at Summer slam - though there‘s no mention that neither man is here tonight … but they aren‘t.

In tag team action, the team of MICHELLE MCCOOL AND LAYLA team up to face the woman that put a stop to their attack on Kelly Kelly last week; VICTORIA who teams with KELLY KELLY as the young blonde finally finds back up to take on the heel pair. It’s not much to write home about, though Victoria does the majority of the work for her team, as J.R explains that as a veteran of the division, Victoria wants to teach McCool and Layla some respect, not taking kindly to their victimisation of Kelly in recent weeks. Kelly gets a hot tag from Victoria, and takes it to Layla and McCool, but the heels get the better of the blonde, leading to a blind tag from Victoria, and suitably refreshed, she sees off the heel tandem, finishing Layla with the WIDOWS PEAK @ 05:56 to give her team the win.

Victoria and Kelly stand tall after the match, owning the ring, whilst McCool and Layla regroup on the floor, telling the celebrating pair “THIS ISNT OVER!!” and telling Victoria that this had nothing to do with her. In the ring, Victoria puts Kelly over, raising her hand, with Kelly thanking Victoria for helping her against the bullies, before fading out.

…
    …

COMMERCIAL BREAK

…
    …

Returning backstage, we see the return of TIFFANY after a few weeks absence since John Cena assaulted her boyfriend. Returning to work as a backstage interviewer, Tiffany is with GARRISON CADE ahead of his first match in the ‘Best of 7’ series with Nick Nemeth, asking him what his strategy is for the series … something Cade laughs at.

The Lone Star tells Tiffany that he doesn’t need to think long and hard about a strategy - he’s going to blow Nemeth out of the water within five weeks. Going back to his comments last week, Cade reiterates that Nemeth simply isn’t MAN ENOUGH to stand up to the kind of punishment he’ll lay on him week after week, saying he’s being kind by saying Nemeth might get lucky once.

Tiffany questions Cade if he’s underestimating Nemeth a little, but Cade says there’s nothing to estimate, and he calls it as he sees it. “And what I see when I look at Nemeth is a weak, vulnerable, skinny ass pretty boy, who doesn’t have the guts to fight a real mans man like me for seven weeks.” Cade promises to break Nemeths will first, then his spirit … “and if I have to, I‘ll break some bones too.” sounding very confident ahead of the Best of 7 series starting tonight.

…

Back in the arena, Intercontinental Champion CM PUNK enters, joining commentary tonight for the first of the #1 Contender Best of 7 series. Whilst Punk walks to ringside, J.R speaks of his disgust at Punks actions last week, requesting that we DON’T get a replay of what Punk did to Shawn Michaels last week. Striker adds that we don’t know what the future now holds for HBK, with it appearing he was about to announce his retirement, before Punk rudely interrupted him a week ago - and HBK hasn’t offered any comment since last Monday.

Punk is cheery as he joins commentary, forcing J.R to try and remain professional and not rant at the I.C Champion over his actions a week ago, but J.R does challenge Punk on what he did to Shawn Michaels - humiliating Shawn in front of the mans family, calling it uncalled for. Punk shrugs it off, and tells J.R; “I guess it was Gods will, J.R. He certainly didn’t put a stop to it, did he??” Moving on, Punk says he gave Shawn Michaels the send off he deserved last week, telling our commentators that Shawn “sure as hell aint no saint, despite the best attempts of this company to paint him as one.”

Striker handles the remainder of the conversation with Punk, as they discuss the two contenders for the I.C title whilst they make their entrances. Punk likes the idea of the Best of 7 series, saying that anyone that comes for his title should have to earn it the hard way if they’re planning to step up to his level, putting over how important the title has become since he won it in April.

GARRISON CADE jumps NICK NEMETH before the bell, and tosses Nemeth out of the ring over the top rope, shouting at Nemeth that he doesn’t belong in the ring with him. Nemeth struggles to his feet on the floor, but gets right back in, and jumps on Cade, taking him down - taking the fight to the big Texan!!! It’s an all out brawl to start the Best of Seven series, as Raw heads into a commercial break…

…
    …

COMMERCIAL BREAK

…
    …

And, back from the commercial, Nemeth is still bringing the fight to Cade, not backing down, despite being overmatched by the bigger, stronger man. Nemeth keeps fighting for openings, but the ‘Lone Star’ keeps cutting him off, putting a beating on Nemeth, but he cant break the kids spirit. Looking for a Heart Punch, Cade loads up, but Nemeth counters into a small package; 1...2...NO!!! They bounce up, with Cade striking first, putting Nemeth back down, then looks for the RAZORS EDGE … but Nemeth flips out of trouble … and catches Cade with his LEAPING DDT!!!!! Nemeth gets the 1...2...3 @ 10:02 to win Match 1 of the Best of 7 series!!!!

Nemeth wins the first contest, overcoming the beating from Cade, as his huge DDT continues to get the job done, time after time. J.R puts over the spirit of Nemeth, stating that Cade might have to rethink his strategy, because Nemeth has a lot more spirit than he possibly envisaged. Punk gives Nemeth credit for winning tonight, but reminds J.R and Striker that he “has a long way to go” in the series. It’s only match ONE of a possible SEVEN.

…

Cutting backstage, JESSE VENTURA is shown, making his way to the Gorilla position, with J.R telling everyone that the evaluation of Ricky Steamboat is coming up next. CM Punk signs off with “good riddance, Steamboat” … as we head into the commercial break.

…
    …

COMMERCIAL BREAK

…
    …

COMMISSIONER VENTURA makes his way to the ring, and briefly talks to the fans, before getting straight to business, reminding everyone why he’s here tonight, but before going into detail, Ventura wants Steamboat to be out here, to hear it all face to face…

**SIRIUS**

RICKY STEAMBOAT answers the call, and the Raw General Manager makes his way to the ring ahead of this evaluation. After a handshake, Ventura doesn’t waste much more time, telling Steamboat he knows Ricky is a smart man, and has to be aware that him being here so soon into Steamboats tenure cannot be a good thing. Steamboat agrees, with Ventura then going through the amount of high-profile incidents since Steamboat took charge;

“First off, let‘s talk about the World Champion. Aside from his complaints about being overworked, Brent Albright has been pretty busy trying to injure everyones path that he crosses. He broke Shelton Benjamins arm, and he tried to do the same to Rey Mysterio!! Last week, CM Punk carried out one of the most despicable acts I’ve seen with what he did to Shawn Michaels. Then, how about John Cena and the crap he‘s pulled these last few weeks?? Thankfully, Christian will make a full recovery from the injuries he suffered at the hands of Cena - but that could‘ve turned out much worse. Then, once he received his punishment - Cena took that so seriously, he went out of his way to destroy a young kid who isn’t even on the main roster yet … and a legend in Terry Funk!!”

Asking Steamboat to explain himself, Ventura gives Ricky the opportunity to address those incidents. Steamboat agrees that the Master Craftsmen, CM Punk and John Cena have all been out of order to a degree in recent weeks. Ricky takes responsibility for Albrights actions, admitting he’s pushed the champion pretty hard with title defences, explaining that he wants Albright to prove he’s a worthy champion -given the less than worthy way in which he won the title.

Ricky accepts a lot of injuries have taken place under his watch, but points out that Shelton Benjamin IS back from his broken arm and is cleared to wrestle with a cast, with Steamboat believing the best form of punishment for Albright and his cohorts to be to face the men they‘ve been trying to systematically destroy. He also states that he intends to reprimand CM Punk for what he did last week - but wants to speak with Shawn Michaels first before he decides what to do with Punk.

“And as for Cena - you know as well as I do, Jesse, I wanted to suspend Cena for what he did to Christian. The Board wouldn’t allow that. So I did the best I could, and I withdrew Cena from any title opportunity for the remainder of this year. Yeah - that backfired. I didn’t envisage seeing what happened to Drew McIntyre or Terry Funk. I hold my hands up, I made a mistake by letting that young man compete. And I should‘ve reigned Cena in after that. But I believe karma is coming for Mister Cena at Summerslam.”

Ventura agrees, and concedes that Steamboat has created a lot of buzz with the Summerslam main event; “but the fact remains Ricky … there appears to be a lack of respect amongst the locker room and the superstars for your authority.” Openly, Jesse questions if Steamboat has the respect of the locker room, with many superstars seemingly running roughshod, with no concern of facing serious repercussions from Steamboat. Ventura then hints that he may have to take drastic action and admit he made a mistake in appointing Steamboat in the first place…

“… but that‘s what HE wants!!”

The Commissioner tells Steamboat he WONT be relieving him of his duties, as he’s uncovered details that JBL has been in contact with the Master Craftsmen and John Cena (but notably, not Punk) since Steamboat was appointed as General Manger and he had hatched a plan to undermine Ricky’s status as GM. Ventura - with a smirk - turns to the camera to send a message to JBL; “It wont work. You‘re gone from Raw, Bradshaw - and no matter what; you‘re NOT coming back!!”

Turning back to Steamboat, Ventura tells him he has his full faith to remain General Manager of Raw, and says that the Craftsmen and Cena had better get used to the fact that it’s Steamboat in charge and not a pushover like Ranjin Singh whose strings they could pull. Ventura also apologises to Steamboat that he was overruled in his bid to suspend Cena; “but if Cena pulls another stunt - you WILL have my full backing to punish him to the fullest extent.”

Steamboat thanks Ventura for the for the revelation of the plot, and his support, before he takes the opportunity to tell Ventura that if the Master Craftsmen purposely go out to injure another superstar, he will STRIP them - ALL OF THEM - of their gold. Ricky admits he may be softly spoken, and not carry much in the way of intimidation, but promises that he’s more than capable of laying down the law if anyone steps out of line; “and if anyone doesn’t believe me?? They can try me.”

The Dragon uses the announcement of Hell in a Cell as an example of what he’s willing to do - pointing out that a match like Hell in a Cell goes against all of his own personal ideals about wrestling, but accepts that in 2008, these are the types of measures he has to take; “and I‘m willing to take those measures”. Ventura looks impressed by the declaration, and the two men shake hands, as the segment comes to a close…

…
    …

COMMERCIAL BREAK

…
    …

VIDEO PACKAGE

Clips of the many cities WWE visited last Summer during the global World tour.

“LAST YEAR, THE WWE TOURED THE GLOBE”

And, shots of Wembley Stadium last year at Summerslam, with clips of Randy Ortons mid air RKO on RVD, Ricky Hatton knocking out Armando Estrada, Edge spearing The Undertaker, MNM falling from a ladder, and Christian raising the title at the end of that show.

“AND BROUGHT THE BIGGEST EVENT OF THE SUMMER ACROSS THE POND”

The Summerslam logo flashes across the screen, then an image of the world is shown, with the focus zooming in toward the U.S.A…

“BUT THIS YEAR…”

The zoom continues toward the East Coast, and then, we see clips of New York City; the statue of Liberty, yellow cabs, Times Square, Brooklyn Bridge…

“SUMMERSLAM IS COMING…”

The New York skyline … then the camera stops at Madison Square Garden.

“…HOME”

Flashing shots of famous MSG moments in WWE history; Hogan winning his first title, Bret Hart being hoisted in the air at WrestleMania X, Austin stunning McMahon for the first time, and Triple H winning the ladder match in 1998 at a Summerslam.

“NEW YORK CITY … MADISON SQUARE GARDEN … THE SPIRITUAL HOME OF THE WWE”

End, with the Summerslam graphic on the screen.

WWE SUMMERSLAM | AUGUST 24 | NEW YORK CITY, NY
    - MADISON SQUARE GARDEN -
    ONLY ON PAY PER VIEW

…

Backstage, Eve Torres conducts an interview with Womens Champion BETH PHOENIX off the back of her controversial title defence last week against Gail Kim. Beth quickly tells Eve that there wasn’t any controversy as far as she was concerned last week - Mickie James came to screw HER out of the title, not Gail Kim, yet she came through and retained her title. The champion says she’s finished with Gail Kim now, and is ready for a new challenge.

With a hint of sarcasm, Beth talks about the other potential challengers in the Womens division, suggesting (whilst laughing) that perhaps Kelly Kelly is next in line for a shot. However, GAIL KIM soon crashes the interview, telling Beth she doesn’t get to say when she’s finished with anyone, and not to get any ideas about defending her title against anyone else until Gail gets another shot. “We aren‘t done yet, Beth. Far from it.” Gail then leaves, having warned Phoenix, leaving the champion furious.

…

Cutting to the ring, oddly, SIMON DIAMOND and SWINGER are in the ring - and after identifying the pair, J.R notes that neither man is under contract with the WWE, and both were in attendance for ECW One Night Stand last night - but didn’t make an appearance on the show … and have now seemingly commandeered the ring on Raw. And of course, Simon has a problem. Diamond states that One Night Stand was last night, but the greatest tag team in ECW history DIDN’T have a match, whilst old has-beens like Mick Foley and Terry Funk bled all over each other.

**IN THE MIDDLE OF IT NOW**

Interrupting Diamond and Swinger, THE EAST COAST PARTY BOYS hit the stage, and talk about how much they enjoyed One Night Stand, saying they didn’t once think “man, how much better would this show be with Simon Diamond and Johnny Swinger.” Ryder and Hawkins then say that while Diamond and Swinger mightn’t have had a match last night - they can have a match now if they wish - WITH THEM!! Diamond cheap shots Ryder, and Swinger takes down Hawkins, as the impromptu match kicks off…

In a very short match, THE EAST COAST PARTY BOYS defeat SIMON DIAMOND AND SWINGER @ 03:13 when Hawkins lands his Heat Seeking Elbow on Diamond, giving the Party Boys a bounce back win after coming up short last week in their quest for the tag titles. Ryder and Hawkins celebrate their win, with J.R quipping that Simon has an even bigger problem now!!

Moving on, Matt Striker explains that in the absence of The Coach, the duty will fall on him to host the Playas Club up next - dubbing it ‘Strikers Classroom’ for one night only … as the Angels of Anarchy get set to appear; NEXT.

…

COMMERCIAL BREAK

…

Back in the arena, Matt Striker - as promised - fills in for Coach on the Playas Club, bringing out CHRISTOPHER DANIELS and DOUG WILLIAMS; The Angels of Anarchy. The team come out together, despite recent tensions between them, and cutting right to the chase when they get to the ring, Striker asks what the future holds for them as a team, citing the fact that they’re out of the reckoning for a tag title shot until the Master Craftsmen lose the gold - with there being no end in sight to Haas and Dinsmores title reign.

Daniels accepts that it’s been a trying time for them over the last month, taking the blame for costing the team their shot at Vengeance. He also touches on them being out of contention whilst Haas and Dinsmore remain champions, but maintains that he and Williams are still the best team in ALL of the WWE; not just Raw. Williams agrees, bringing up their other near misses when they should’ve won the titles, but either due to bad luck or being cheated, they haven’t had the titles in their possession to prove it. Williams also admits that since they lost at Saturday Nights Main Event, the team have gone off the boil, becoming distracted with no titles to fight for.

Striker then presses, asking if they’ll stay as a team in the hope the titles change hands in the near future. Williams answers, telling Striker that after a couple of weeks to get things together and iron out any issues - they WILL stick together, and promises they’ll get back on track and be ready and waiting for the day the Master Craftsmen lose the titles. Daniels nods, and tells Striker that they came to the WWE together a year ago with one goal in mind - conquering and dominating the tag team division; and they haven’t fulfilled that objective yet. “That was our goal when we signed here … but a lot can change in a year-”

AND CHRISTOPHER DANIELS STUNS DOUG WILLIAMS WITH A STEP-UP ENZIGURI!!!!!

Boos fill the arena, with Daniels standing over Williams as Striker runs for cover out of the ring. Williams is knocked loopy by the kick, and tries to get back to his feet, pulling himself up on Daniels - who NAILS Williams with the microphone … before picking him up … STO -- STRAIGHT INTO A KOJI CLUTCH TO DOUG WILLIAMS!!!!! Christopher Daniels chokes Doug out with the hold, and leaves no doubt; he’s just ended this tag team with Doug Williams!!! Daniels then rips off his ‘Angels of Anarchy’ shirt, dumping it on the body of Williams, making it clear the tag team is dead … as we fade out to boos from the fans.

…

COMMERCIAL BREAK

…

Raw returns with clips of the previous segment, where Christopher Daniels turned on his tag team partner, Doug Williams, seemingly ending the Angels of Anarchy tag team. J.R expresses his disgust at the actions of Daniels, saying it was uncalled for, and if Daniels didn’t want to be Williams partner anymore, he should’ve just told him and been a man about it.

Moving on, much to the frustration of J.R, we are treated to a recap of the conclusion of Raw last week. Following his gut-wrenching loss to Brent Albright, it appeared Shawn Michaels was on the verge of retiring … when CM PUNK crashed the moment, mocking Shawns belief in God, and bloodying HBK up … with Michaels family having to watch on in horror at ringside.

J.R and Striker discuss the unsavoury incident, which came off the back of Michaels giving Punk a taste of Sweet Chin Music the week prior. Despite that, J.R cant condone Punks actions, saying there’s no excuse for Punk humiliating Shawn Michaels like he did last week - and he’s even more angry that Punk showed no regret for his actions whilst out here earlier in the night. It’s unclear what the status of Shawn Michaels is, with HBK giving no comment in the last week, going on ‘radio silence’ since last weeks incident.

…

Backstage, Scott Stanford is with PAUL LONDON, REY MYSTERIO and SHELTON BENJAMIN ahead of the upcoming 6 man tag main event tonight. Asked about whether they can overcome the well-oiled machine of the Master Craftsmen and the teamwork and chemistry the Craftsmen have, our trio of faces believe they can. Rey explains that the Craftsmen tried to take all three of them out of action - and it’s not a case of whether they can overcome the Craftsmen; it’s a case of whether the Craftsmen can overcome THEM.

London picks it up from there, going back to last week, and his promise to bring the Master Craftsmen down; “I just didn’t say I was gonna do it alone.” London reminds Stanford that the Master Craftsmen have done a great job … of creating a lot of enemies, and there’s no one with bigger grudges to bear than himself, Shelton and Rey. Benjamin then takes over, and shows off his cast, reminding Scott how his arm was broken; “I don’t forgive, and I sure as hell don’t forget.”

Stanford acknowledges the three of them are clearly on the same page tonight, and there’s a huge carrot being dangled for them for winning; a title shot next week in a fatal four way. Thinking ahead, Stanford poses the question of what could happen next week if they win tonight. There’s a few smiles, with Shelton stating that all three of them want the same thing, and whilst they’ll work together tonight to achieve it, once they get Albright out of the way next week - it’s every man for himself. London and Rey agree, guaranteeing that next week one of them will be World Champion.

…

Back into the arena…

**MEET YOUR MASTER**

The Master Craftsmen enter the arena, with World Champion BRENT ALBRIGHT leading the way, ahead of the World Tag Team Champions CHARLIE HAAS and NICK DINSMORE. None of the trio look cocky like they did at the top of the night, taken aback by the return of Shelton Benjamin, and undoubtedly shaken by the revelation that Jesse Ventura has uncovered the plot by JBL to undermine Ricky Steamboat.

**AINT NO STOPPIN ME**

Next out, SHELTON BENJAMIN hit’s the stage, returning very quickly from his broken arm a few weeks ago, looking fired up, pointing to the Craftsmen in the ring from the ramp, desperate to get his hands on the three men that put him out. However, the Black Diamond keeps his composure long enough to wait for his partners tonight…

**STAY IN SHADOW**

Set for his first match since Vengeance, PAUL LONDON - still wearing a brace on his knee - makes his way out, and like Shelton, he remains calm and composed, meeting Benjamin at the bottom of the ramp. The Master Craftsmen pace the ring, trying to call the two men on, wanting to get the jump on them whilst there’s only two of them … but London and Benjamin remain composed, waiting for Rey…

**BOOYAKA 619**

REY MYSTERIO pops up from under the trapdoor, playing to the fans, before making his way down the ramp. Rey, London and Benjamin have a momentary talk at the bottom of the ramp … BEFORE HITTING THE RING QUICKLY!!! It’s a six man brawl, with all six men spilling to the floor!! It’s chaos before the match even begins … as we get sent to a commercial break, with J.R hoping the referee can get things under control.

…

COMMERCIAL BREAK

…

Back from the commercial, order is restored, and the six man tag is in progress. THE MASTER CRAFTSMEN have a really hard time dealing with PAUL LONDON, SHELTON BENJAMIN AND REY MYSTERIO. The speed, agility and quickness of the face trio have Albright, Haas and Dinsmore in all kinds of trouble, before the World Champion catches Rey with a Belly to Belly suplex that turns the tables. Working on the smallest of the three opponents, the Craftsmen begin to hit their groove, wearing down Mysterio.

That is, until Rey is sent into the ropes, springing off the middle and takes Dinsmore down with a cross body. Dinsmore grabs the leg of Rey just before he can tag though … but Mysterio catches him with an enziguri, then makes the tag to Benjamin!!! Shelton hit’s the ring with fury, taking out all three members of the opposition with his highlight reel offence - but as he looks to use his cast for a shot at Albright, Benjamin is stopped by the official!! Mike Chioda warns Shelton he’ll be disqualified if he uses it, and Albright sees an opening to cheap shot … but Benjamin catches him coming in - T-BONE EXPLODER!!!!! 1...2...BROKEN BY HAAS!!!!!

Despite the count being broken, Benjamin retains control, but his own desire to punish Albright begins to show, with the Black Diamond ignoring calls for a tag in order to beat on Albright some more. London even at one point tries to make a blind tag off Shelton, but just misses. The action distracts Benjamin though, and that momentary lapse allows Albright to take advantage, scoring with the HALF-NELSON SUPLEX on Benjamin!! Shelton survives that, but in a twisted next action … ALBRIGHT STOMPS THE BROKEN ARM!!!!! Benjamin screams in agony, and rolls around, as we head to the final commercial of the night.

…

COMMERCIAL BREAK

…

And, back from the last commercial, Shelton Benjamin - with one arm - is fighting back against the now legal Charlie Haas, as we see clips of the Master Craftsmen working his bad arm throughout the break. Now though, The Black Diamond is fighting back, but just as it looks like he’s about to make a tag back out - Dinsmore runs in and attacks both Rey and London, knocking them off the apron!!! Dinsmore is scolded by the referee for his actions … and while that happens, Albright illegally gets Benjamin up for the ACE IN THE HOLE behind the officials back … AND DELIVERS!!!!! Haas makes the cover … 1...2...BROKEN BY LONDON!!!!!

{/OVERRUN}

And from there, all hell breaks loose!!! All six men get involved, with Rey returning too, though it’s 3 on 2 for a while with Shelton incapacitated, and the pair of Mysterio and London find themselves overwhelmed by the Master Craftsmen. London and Rey get sent out of the ring eventually, with Haas dragging Shelton up, looking to finish him off - BUT EATS PAYDIRT!!!!! Benjamin struggles to his feet - but is stopped by Brent - DRAGON WHIP TO ALBRIGHT … FROST KICK TO DINSMORE … AND A TAG TO LONDON!!!!!

London hit’s the ring with a full head of steam, fired up, taking on all three of the Master Craftsmen, eventually putting his focus on the legal man - Charlie Haas - but not before beating the shit out of Brent Albright with wicked forearms!!! London catches Haas with an Overhead Kick, but as he goes up top for the 450 Splash, Nick Dinsmore stops him!!! Dinsmore meets London up top - as Mysterio tags the leg of London to make himself legal, then trips the leg of Dinsmore with Nick crotching the ropes!!!

Dinsmore tumbles to the floor … and Rey follows up, as he catches the recovering Haas with the 619 … setting him into position … as London FLIES with the 450 Splash onto Haas!!! Mysterio gets the cover on Haas, as Shelton NAILS Albright on the floor with the CAST!!! All three Master Craftsmen are OUT of commission, it’s a formality as the count comes down … 1...2...3!!!!! Mysterio pins Haas @ 18:18 to give himself, London and Benjamin a World Heavyweight title shot next week on Raw in a Fatal Four Way!!!!!

Raw comes to an end with the three united faces - all with one common enemy - standing together in the middle of the ring, whilst the Craftsmen are left in all kinds of trouble. Dinsmore helps Albright up on the floor, whilst Haas remains flat out in the ring - and we see Brent bleeding by the mouth following the shot he ate from Benjamins cast.

In the ring, Shelton displays the cast covered arm, proud of his handiwork, whilst on the floor, Brent Albright clutches onto the World Championship that little bit tighter, watching the scene in the ring with a look of horror … facing three challengers for his gold in one weeks time. Three challengers that all want to see him lose that very championship he holds dearest…

END OF SHOW

Official Card for WWE SummerSlam:
    August 24 2008 | Madison Square Garden, New York NY
    Theme Music; ‘Closer’ by Kings of Leon & ‘In The City’ by Kevin Rudolf

~ THE MAIN EVENT ~
    !! HELL IN THE CELL !!
    JOHN CENA -VERSUS- CHRISTIAN
    ~ COLLISION COURSE III - THE FIGHT OF THE CENTURY ~

---

BEING THE BOOKER

White Iverson

Status
      Country                    Australia

I’m really digging the old school mentality of Ricky Steamboat as to why he forced Albright into defending the title. The idea that Steamboat couldn’t respect the way Albright won the gold and therefore continued to make him defend it repeatedly, thereby earning it, came off really well and was something I thought tapped into the past generation really well. You captured the same ideals when addressing how Steamboat was dealing with all the injuries. To me that made a lot of sense and use a unique aspect of the character to your advantage.

Finally! The turn of Daniels on Doug Williams was so satisfying. I said it previously that one of the things that made this angle so fun was that you made it 1000% clear that Daniels was done and the only person who didn’t see it was Williams. I love stories like that, the clues where there, you positioned Doug as this team player in that he was so focused on the team but in reality, he was the more selfish of the two. By that I mean he failed to see Daniels slowly getting less and less invested in the team but Williams was so engrossed in the duo that he failed to recognize that. The justification for Daniels is all there and that’s a huge plus. The best heel turns are ones where the heel can legitimately argue his case for why he is in the right but their actions are what are over the line, not their point of view. Daniels is absolutely right to want to go on a singles run but the issue is how he went about exiting the team. Great work, mate! I’m so hyped for this match.

CM Punk is a gem in this thread. Playing off the religious aspect can be a bit iffy at times. I think you’ve toed the line really well on that. His exclusion from the Bradshaw plot is interesting and I’d love to see that addressed further – even by Punk himself as to why.

I’m less sure as to who will be facing Albright for the gold at SummerSlam then I was a few weeks back. You’ve still got plenty of time so it’ll be interesting to see how long these TV title matches continue for him. It’s a different kind of situation since I remember how heavily the Christian/Umaga match was pushed for the UK SummerSlam. This year you’ve got Albright who we know isn’t going to main event while being the champion. I think you’ve got a lot of freedom to perhaps not have it be as big a match as it was for the UK show (can’t recall if it was the previous SS or not) since the show isn’t depending on it. I am getting 08 Punk vibes in the sense that even though Albright is all over the show – and I’m digging him big time – as SS slowly approaches, I do worry he might be heavily overshadowed. Honestly, there is nothing you can do to stop the World Title from being overshadowed at this point due to the detailed history behind Christian/Cena. I think it’s a situation of reducing the damage as much as possible rather than stopping it all together. Pulling Cena and Christian back for this week was a good move, that enabled Albright to take the stage as the biggest figure on Raw and so much of the show revolved around the Master Craftsmen.

I’m happy with seeing Phoenix/Kim one more time at SummerSlam. After that I really would like a fresh face outside of Mickie/Beth and Gail. Just something to spice things up and move onto the next storyline for the women.

Overall, really enjoyed the show. Been super busy so haven’t had the chance to leave comments in ages but I’m back in. Loved ONS. Thank goodness you didn’t have Dreamer win over Raven. That show was a bunch of fun and I really dug the difference in energy it provided from the mountains of WWE product you produce.
    Last edited by EZ3; 05-09-2018 at 08:39 AM.

Sometimes I write stuff on the internet and people like it (sometimes).

Main Eventer

Status

I'd like to echo most of what EZ3 said.

My favourite part of Raw this week was the expected turn of Christopher Daniels. I'm intrigued to see what you will do with Daniels as a singles run. Will he continue to just be a standout in ring guy or will he pick up a gimmick similar to his Fallen Angel one where he can stand out both outside and inside the ring from guys like Williams.

Albright has been pushed marvellously as said above and there is that feeling that despite Christian/Cena The Final Encounter not needing the title, at Summerslam it is kind of going to overshadow it. I can see Albright taking on London at Summerslam as it seems to be a logical move forward to give Albright a big PPV victory to continue to solidify his status as World Champ on Raw.

As for Cena/Christian I really think they need separating after this Hell In A Cell match. And a bit of Edge/Christian over on Smackdown would not be a bad move in the future.

Steamboat survives... and goes up in my estimations after a very pride filled response to Ventura. Don't think this story involving JBL is over by any means and I'm keen to see where it takes us next.

CM Punk continues to be the obnoxious, self-righteous asshole of this thread and I love it. Punk/Michaels at Summerslam looks a given and I wonder whether it will be for the Intercontinental Championship or not?

Overall another great update Wolf and I'm looking forward to the next few weeks, especially with GAB just around the corner. Keep it up!

Page 13 of 31 FirstFirst ... 3111213141523 ... LastLast

Thread Information