Page 47 of 47 FirstFirst ... 37454647

Thread: Official Stardom and Friends Joshi Discussion

Mr. Victory Through Guts

Status
      Country                    China

Re: Official Stardom and Friends Joshi Discussion

So let's talk about the Giulia thing. Basically she was someone who Ice Ribbon was building around as a top star for the next couple of years. She hastily announced she was leaving the company in a Tweet on October 13th, then the very same night debuted with Stardom.

PROBLEM: She was still under contract with Ice Ribbon and told Rossy that she wasn't. At this point President Sato announced that Giulia is still an employee of Neoplus, IR's parent company and will not be allowed in Stardom for now, after nobody from Stardom contacted IR either, apparently they just took her at her word and she lied.

In Stardom's case they issued a public apology over it which is a VERY bad sign for Giulia that a company would publicly admit a mistake like that.

Another problem is that this isn't something that was confided in other people in the company. She literally tried to leave via text message to the boss and someone told me, that she was close to in fact, said even she didn't have any indication that Giulia wanted to leave and it happened literally out of the blue. Even Maya on Twitter said something to the effect of "What's this all about?". Nobody knew until the day of. As for reasons, I don't think anyone knows but we all think the same thing. Stardom wanted her, so they got her by God. I don't know at all, nor do I understand Japanese contracts, letalone wrestling ones. But it will be big trouble for Giulia if they have some kind of proof she's still under contract. Especially since nearly everyone thinks she has handled this really poorly.

It's disappointing to see. Tequila Saya will postpone her retirement for 2 months to fulfill her former tag partner Giulia's remaining dates, including in Italy. (Giulia is half-Italian)

My theory is she was gonna leave after Saya's retirement show and they agreed in principle that that was the end date, but the Typhoon made IR push the date back. Giulia booked her Stardom dates already so she showed up for that as hastily as possible, and in IR's eyes she still should be around until the Saya show. If anything I suspect Giulia didn't say she was going to Stardom if this theory is true in some way, just that she wanted to leave. Similar to Ishimori and NOAH.

No matter what, she didn't handle it well, but at least a wrestler didn't get fucked by a promoter for once. She fucked herself.
    As long as you remember me, I will always live within you. Not as a phantom limb or a phantom anything...As part of your heart. I will always be your angel of peace. So I know exactly how to finish...

Say..."Peace".

Follow me on Twitter - @DylanZeroSky

Eastern Lariat - Japanese Wrestling (w/Dylan Fox (me) & Cagematch.net boss STRIGGA)

Check out our Patreon and support me please? 1/3/5 dollar tiers but any one is good! - The Eastern Lariat

Status
      Country                    Jamaica

I seen a translated interview with Ogawa - seems like he was talking out of his ass in it. I think Stardom and Giulia have fucked up. Haircut incoming.

~
    ~ THE KING OF KINGS ~~
    Spoiler:

Mr. Victory Through Guts

Status

Quote Originally Posted by RainShaker View Post
    I seen a translated interview with Ogawa - seems like he was talking out of his ass in it. I think Stardom and Giulia have fucked up. Haircut incoming.
    Giulia fucked up BAD. Her career could very well be over. I really think that she must just not understand Japanese contracts because what she did was essentially commit career suicide for a one night pop. Rossy's explanation of not knowing about her contract status is highly unbelievable but he has enough "plausible deniability" that I doubt it hurts them much and their apology basically puts the entire blame on Giulia. Even if true though, how could they not at least check with Ice? It's just goofy.

Sad situation. Giulia was a talent.
    As long as you remember me, I will always live within you. Not as a phantom limb or a phantom anything...As part of your heart. I will always be your angel of peace. So I know exactly how to finish...

Say..."Peace".

Eastern Lariat - Japanese Wrestling (w/Dylan Fox (me) & Cagematch.net boss STRIGGA)

Check out our Patreon and support me please? 1/3/5 dollar tiers but any one is good! - The Eastern Lariat

TAKE THE DREAM~

Status
      Country                    England

It's an awkward situation. Guilia is definitely in the wrong. If Zero's theory is correct then that's unfortunate. Stardom should've checked, even if they didn't care to try and cover the blowback. Hell, if they checked, they could've waited until she was free.
    We Don't Confrom, Kiss Ass Or Get Married
    Spoiler:

Milano Forever!
    NJPW Threads

Status

The good news is that Ice Ribbon got no choice but to go all in on Kyuuri now.

~
    ~ THE KING OF KINGS ~~
    Spoiler:

Status

This thread died when HoHo got banned

Anwyays,

I see Stardom are doing a double header on a certain date (forgot which) at Shinkiba. One is going to be an all female audience show and the other an all male audience show according to Big Dave. Going to be verrrry interesting to see.

~
    ~ THE KING OF KINGS ~~
    Spoiler:

TAKE THE DREAM~

Status

Mayu is apparently a bit with the ladies and is getting positive feedback from that demo due to her WK appearance. So there may be hope.

Bushiroad trying to boost the women will be good. Gets rid of the creepy vibe Stardom can give off at times.
    Spoiler:

Milano Forever!
    NJPW Threads

Mr. Victory Through Guts

Status

Holy shit Arisa Hoshiki vs. Utami Hayashishita. What a match. I know people are gonna talk more about Mayu & Momo about that was real good but Hoshiki & Utami was on another level. Shit slammed mega hard and Hoshiki might have put in her best performance yet after her WOTY-caliber run last year. If this anything to go on 2020 might somehow be even better. Highly recommended.

Say..."Peace".

Status

Didn't Utami debut in 2018? She some kind of prodigy? Holy hell.
    EVERY ENDING IS A NEW BEGINNING.
    YOUR LUCKY NUMBER IS NONE.
    YOUR LUCKY COLOUR IS DEAD.
    Motto:
    LIKE FATHER, LIKE SON.

TAKE THE DREAM~

Status

The match was good. Didn't peak high or anything, just good throughout.

And yeah, Utami's only been around for a year and a half and she was pretty good from the start
    Spoiler:

Milano Forever!
    NJPW Threads

Status

Quote Originally Posted by Big Papa View Post
    Didn't Utami debut in 2018? She some kind of prodigy? Holy hell.
    She has a judoka background which helps alot. Especially for the type of wrestler she is.

Am I trippin or did I see Syuri in Stardom recently? They're really gonna sign everyone and kill the rest of the feds!
    Last edited by RainShaker; 01-22-2020 at 11:23 AM.

~
    ~ THE KING OF KINGS ~~
    Spoiler:

TAKE THE DREAM~

Status

You're eyes are telling you the truth. I think she is there on freelance since Bushiroad are apparently willing to be more open with freelancers.
    Spoiler:

Milano Forever!
    NJPW Threads

Status

How aggressive Bushiroad get toward taking talent from other companies going to be a really intriguing aspect to this. Well, intriguing for a fairly neutral observer. If you are a big fan of Ice Ribbon, Oz Academy, etc, it might be horrifying to watch. But... Bushiroad don't really seem to take a "hoard all the talent" methodology with NJPW. The joshi talent pool is probably a bit shallower, but it keeps growing, partly because so many companies do a good job of bringing through new talent. Stripping all of the other companies of all of their current talent might help Stadom in the short term, but it hurts the joshi side of the industry long-term.
    EVERY ENDING IS A NEW BEGINNING.
    YOUR LUCKY NUMBER IS NONE.
    YOUR LUCKY COLOUR IS DEAD.
    Motto:
    LIKE FATHER, LIKE SON.

Status

Quote Originally Posted by Big Papa View Post
    How aggressive Bushiroad get toward taking talent from other companies going to be a really intriguing aspect to this. Well, intriguing for a fairly neutral observer. If you are a big fan of Ice Ribbon, Oz Academy, etc, it might be horrifying to watch. But... Bushiroad don't really seem to take a "hoard all the talent" methodology with NJPW. The joshi talent pool is probably a bit shallower, but it keeps growing, partly because so many companies do a good job of bringing through new talent. Stripping all of the other companies of all of their current talent might help Stadom in the short term, but it hurts the joshi side of the industry long-term.

They aren't going to hoard the talent by any means. They'll be more interested in the more popular ones as well as the ones that look good. I'm near positive a big reason they took Giulia from Ice is due to her looks with her skills in ring as a bonus. Bushiroad would likely raid TJPW if they could too. Similar to the men's promotions, alot of the Joshi promotions have their own identity - a little muddier though due to the lack of diverse fanbases and each Joshi promotion having some kind of funky shit going on. But you can be sure Oz Academy is largely safe because Stardom fans don't want Ozaki and Ohka inspired shit in their fed.

Damn MC, is Syuri done with MMA then? I really wanted her to go to RIZIN and fight RENA.
    Last edited by RainShaker; 01-22-2020 at 01:58 PM.

~
    ~ THE KING OF KINGS ~~
    Spoiler:

Mr. Victory Through Guts

Status

Quote Originally Posted by MC
    The match was good. Didn't peak high or anything, just good throughout.
    What? The whole match was peaks and valleys. That slide setup to Arisa's Springboard Question Mark Kick to the outside was one of the coldest moves of the year and things escalated when Utami got busted open. I mean it wasn't perfect and it's ok to not like it, but I would say your description of the match is inaccurate.

RE: Stardom - There are only so many spots available and Stardom has their own young talent, but they've shown by getting Syuri and Maika that they definitely aren't afraid of bringing in new people and those in particular are surprising, as Shake said I expected them to follow a much more idol playbook, though NJPW doesn't just have idol wrestlers like Okada & Ibushi, they're just the ones pushed the hardest so I could see Stardom going down a similar route with Stardom where they have roles filled moreso than an all idol style like TJPW, but it would be more cherry picking from other groups once or twice a year at most, but like I said the problem is they have so many rookies it isn't logical to take others onboard a major level in terms of numbers.

Say..."Peace".

TAKE THE DREAM~

Status

Quote Originally Posted by Zero View Post
    What? The whole match was peaks and valleys. That slide setup to Arisa's Springboard Question Mark Kick to the outside was one of the coldest moves of the year and things escalated when Utami got busted open. I mean it wasn't perfect and it's ok to not like it, but I would say your description of the match is inaccurate.

RE: Stardom - There are only so many spots available and Stardom has their own young talent, but they've shown by getting Syuri and Maika that they definitely aren't afraid of bringing in new people and those in particular are surprising, as Shake said I expected them to follow a much more idol playbook, though NJPW doesn't just have idol wrestlers like Okada & Ibushi, they're just the ones pushed the hardest so I could see Stardom going down a similar route with Stardom where they have roles filled moreso than an all idol style like TJPW, but it would be more cherry picking from other groups once or twice a year at most, but like I said the problem is they have so many rookies it isn't logical to take others onboard a major level in terms of numbers.
    I described it just fine. The match was good throughout and didn't reach any great peaks that would excite me. Let's not be touchy about such little margins.
    Spoiler:

Milano Forever!
    NJPW Threads

Mr. Victory Through Guts

Status

Quote Originally Posted by MC 16 View Post
    I described it just fine. The match was good throughout and didn't reach any great peaks that would excite me. Let's not be touchy about such little margins.
    It's not being touchy to point out what you said isn't true. Perhaps you could discuss why the points I made, having watched the match didn't excite you considering they were in that match for that purpose and did work for me rather than enter defense mode on a forum meant to talk about wrestling and therefore matches?

Say..."Peace".

TAKE THE DREAM~

Status

Quote Originally Posted by Zero View Post
    It's not being touchy to point out what you said isn't true. Perhaps you could discuss why the points I made, having watched the match didn't excite you considering they were in that match for that purpose and did work for me rather than enter defense mode on a forum meant to talk about wrestling and therefore matches?
    No, but you saying me thinking a match is good instead of great, like you think, is inaccurate is quite silly because of the small margins between good and great. Hence the touchy comments. Defensive/touchy? Meh.

I didn't think there was any moments in the match that would make me go "woah, this is a great match". The set up was cool but that's the extent of how I felt about the match. If I was to think something is great, I need to feel it and I didn't. The entire match I felt a "this is good" vibe and nothing more. Just because I didn't think the match peaked on a high level, doesn't mean what I said was inaccurate. But sure, you do you
    Spoiler:

Milano Forever!
    NJPW Threads

Mr. Victory Through Guts

Status

Quote Originally Posted by MC 16 View Post
    No, but you saying me thinking a match is good instead of great, like you think, is inaccurate is quite silly because of the small margins between good and great. Hence the touchy comments. Defensive/touchy? Meh.

I didn't think there was any moments in the match that would make me go "woah, this is a great match". The set up was cool but that's the extent of how I felt about the match. If I was to think something is great, I need to feel it and I didn't. The entire match I felt a "this is good" vibe and nothing more. Just because I didn't think the match peaked on a high level, doesn't mean what I said was inaccurate. But sure, you do you
    The problem isn't that you said it was good and not great, that's actually totally reasonable. But what you said was inaccurate. For example if I said that Naito/White from WK wasn't a great match, and certainly it was far from it for many reasons and I think most people would think that's a reasonable opinion. But if I came on here and said the reason why is because it was too fast paced and a huge spotfest, that's not an opinion, that's simply not a factual statement in comparison to what actually happened in the match and would make people think I'm nuts. That's what you just did when you said that it was good throughout and had no moments where it excited when clearly there were multiple spots where they at least designed it to be that way as well as caught the crowd as well as me, viewer of said match. There are fair criticisms of the match to say, and like I said saying it's good or even a shit match is not a problem as long as there's reason behind it. Your reasoning I strongly disagree with and I think watching it I was puzzled at your original statement.

Say..."Peace".

Page 47 of 47 FirstFirst ... 37454647

Thread Information