Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 21 to 40 of 44

Thread: CWA Adrenaline Rush: Live from Tampa Bay, Florida

  1. #21
    Internet Favorite
    StylesofPunk's Avatar

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Michigan
    Posts
    2,032
    Rep Power
    12677

    Re: CWA Adrenaline Rush: Live from Tampa Bay, Florida

    Quote Originally Posted by SuperSaiyan View Post
    With all due respect, I disagree. Your last two matches have been the Steel Roulette and vs McGinnis at 5SA. A lot of work went into the SR match from AON and myself. Admittedly there were issues originally but the match was edited and came in at over 9,000 words. I wrote your 5SA match and put a LOT of effort into it, that was 2.5k words after the finish was added in. I apologise if MVH/Wake overshadowed the main event, wasn't my intention, but I remember there being a comment at 5SA saying Vegas-McGinnis overshadowed the main event, so that comes around full circle. To say that your matches have been 'thrown together' and 'lackluster' is very harsh on AON, Cyrus, and myself.



    But hey ho, it's not a big deal I guess.

    Im not saying 5SA. I went into 5SA knowing what was going to happen after. I wanted Vegas at the next AR to come out and at least try for revenge and was told nah you will get revenge against Indy Club sometime but you can send in a via satellite video promo. I took a few weeks off after that due to personal issues and to sell the injuries to Vegas to help Indy Club. Decided to come back and hey look Vegas is gonna look for revenge at Retribution and then Steele Roulette rolls around I promo like everyone else and i get the jobbers role in a revenge match(Jimmy apologized about being tired and just trying to finish it). They fixed it(btw I did tell them i didnt want them to change it). Then we get to this AR and just like Steel Roulette I promo and i really promo hard on this one and show gets posted and the main event is coming soon. So i wait and then i see it and it is a quick lackluster match. I mean this is what was suppose to be a HOSS match(Cyrus words not mine) and we get 4 counts(3 of them being Vegas 1 of them being McGinnis). It felt rushed it felt like im being made into a joke now. I literally do not want to write for any of my character reps anymore because I send in promos everytime and i like doing promos but to me it is now a waste of time.

  2. #22
    I'm a Stone Cold Lee Guy.
    An Original Name's Avatar

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Dublin Ireland
    Posts
    2,033
    Rep Power
    183167
      Country                    Ireland

    Re: CWA Adrenaline Rush: Live from Tampa Bay, Florida

    Quote Originally Posted by StylesofPunk View Post
    Im not saying 5SA. I went into 5SA knowing what was going to happen after. I wanted Vegas at the next AR to come out and at least try for revenge and was told nah you will get revenge against Indy Club sometime but you can send in a via satellite video promo. I took a few weeks off after that due to personal issues and to sell the injuries to Vegas to help Indy Club. Decided to come back and hey look Vegas is gonna look for revenge at Retribution and then Steele Roulette rolls around I promo like everyone else and i get the jobbers role in a revenge match(Jimmy apologized about being tired and just trying to finish it). They fixed it(btw I did tell them i didnt want them to change it). Then we get to this AR and just like Steel Roulette I promo and i really promo hard on this one and show gets posted and the main event is coming soon. So i wait and then i see it and it is a quick lackluster match. I mean this is what was suppose to be a HOSS match(Cyrus words not mine) and we get 4 counts(3 of them being Vegas 1 of them being McGinnis). It felt rushed it felt like im being made into a joke now. I literally do not want to write for any of my character reps anymore because I send in promos everytime and i like doing promos but to me it is now a waste of time.
    Ok, just a few things:

    • You were told you can't run in and attack because A) That's no way to sell a brutal attack and B) If he ran in with the odds 3-1 He'd just look like an idoit
    • Johnny Vegas was the first person ever to pin McGinnis
    • Johnny Vegas took McGinnis to his limit at FSA in the match of the night
    • Johnny Vegas comes back and almost takes McGinnis's damn head off
    • Johnny Vegas took McGinnis to his limit in a brutal LMS match. That only makes him look stronger


    In what way is any of that making him look like a joke? No matter how you feel I think it's totally uncool to just call out the staff like this that have worked super hard to make this place what it is, if nothing else it's just plain rude. you're the only person that thinks Vegas looks weak. I for one thought he's one of the strongest out there.

    If you don't want to write because the world freaking champ narrowly beats you then you're missing the point of E-Fed. We've here to have fun first no matter what kind of result given to us, and there has been a concentrated effort from so many people to make Vegas look good -Me included-

    Learn from the lost, take something from it. move forward
    The most amazing thing about this recent conversation is that I've learned AON is even more of a waste of space than I thought he was previously

  3. #23
    Internet Favorite
    StylesofPunk's Avatar

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Michigan
    Posts
    2,032
    Rep Power
    12677

    Re: CWA Adrenaline Rush: Live from Tampa Bay, Florida

    Quote Originally Posted by An Original Name View Post
    Ok, just a few things:

    • You were told you can't run in and attack because A) That's no way to sell a brutal attack and B) If he ran in with the odds 3-1 He's an idiot
    • Johnny Vegas was the first person ever to pin McGinnis
    • Johnny Vegas took McGinnis to his limit at FSA in the match of the night
    • Johnny Vegas comes back and almost takes McGinnis's damn head off
    • Johnny Vegas took McGinnis to his limit in a brutal LMS match. That only makes him look stronger


    In what way is any of that making him look like a joke? No matter how you feel I think it's totally uncool to just call out the staff like this that have worked super hard to make this place what it is, if nothing else it's just plain rude. you're the only person that thinks Vegas looks weak. I for one thought he's one of the strongest out there.

    If you don't want to write because the world freaking champ narrowly beats you then you're missing the point of E-Fed. We've here to have fun first no matter what kind of result given to us, and there has been a concentrated effort from so many people to make Vegas look good -Me included-

    Learn from the lost, take something from it. move forward
    Really does it look like i took McGinnis to the limit in a LMS? Was there a time where your like hey he might lose he is getting to 8 or 9? McGinnis was down once for a 6.

    Lets start with the run in. All I said was against docs orders he comes out with a chair or cane or something and just swing like a madman. Even if it led to a superkick from McGinnis.

    I pinned McGinnis- oh yay the person who sent in a promo beat the guy who did not send in a promo

    5SA- Yeah I took him to the limit then the indy club stuff comes around and im like ok cool it will help Vegas and Indy Club in a way all it has done was help Indy Club

    Comeback- You mean the jobber performance before things got changed

    They have made Vegas into a joke. The last 2 matches of his were thrown together(no AON im not saying what you wrote was thrown together. Jimmy wrote the Vegas part of the match and he admitted to wanting to get it finished so he just hurried it up. This week's match was thrown together. Getting told it would be a hoss match and it doesnt come even close to being a great match but thats what happens when it is thrown together. FUN yeah e fedding is suppose to be fun. Doing promos for it are suppose to be fun but when you do promos and they have to throw together your last minute where your character looks weak. Yay let me promo so i can be Zack Ryder in a Cena/Kane storyline. I was actually having fun with this promo until the match was added.

  4. #24
    No One
    Jon Snow's Avatar

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Westeros
    Posts
    13,575
    Rep Power
    882694
      Country                    Canada

    Re: CWA Adrenaline Rush: Live from Tampa Bay, Florida

    I'm on the fence in this sort of situation.

    On one hand - SoP has a right to be dissatisfied with the portrayal of his character, on the other hand, don't go totally over the top with your dissatisfaction. I've had many moments where I wasn't totally satisfied with Snowmantashi's character portrayal but then to think my character has wholly been portrayed badly would be overreacting, he's been portrayed well. And as dissatisfied as you are SoP, to think your character has been portrayed badly would be an overreaction. I'm going to be frank with you, you've been booked as a near main event caliber character but the RP quality is below the High Voltage title. Nevertheless, you've been up there with MvH, McGinnis, Snowmantashi and above the likes of Harrison Wake and Enigma. You've main event more than your fair share of matches (one which included a win over me and McGinnis iirc), you had the MOTN at the biggest show of the year. It shows a lack of awareness for you to believe you're not being booked properly. The champion beat you by cheating in LMS match? Alright. At least you weren't totally jobbed out in a clean defeat. Mind you, the idea of Vegas/McGinnis in a HOSS match doesn't really make sense to me in any case, that's never been McGinnis's wrestling style to begin with, nor Vegas's.

    But alright. You're no longer having fun. Let's fix that. But we don't do that by making absurd statements like I won't RP anymore (and if you don't, that's cool, I won't lose any sleep). You don't like your portrayal in matches be clearer on how you want to be portrayed. Work closer with whoever you're feuding with on a better storyline. Compromise.

    This issue aside. SS did a helluva job with the Wake/MvH match, easy MOTY contender.

    A real shame about EE/LB II in the sense that, it really didn't have the build up that these two guys should've had, nor the duration it should've. It came off like the sort of Miz/Ryder mini feud they had IRL that lasted all of a week with two talents that could definitely have done more. Btw Gambit, sorry I didn't reply to your PM though it was obvious you did make some effort in regards to refining the description this time around.

    Also, kudos to Mark/Marcus (Grim & whoever's the other guy) for that co-segment (not sure who wrote it or if you both wrote it), I think that's the sort of thing we need a lot more of in CWA. And I'm guilty of not doing that enough. But co-written segments to give more life to the show. That and more well-rounded well-defined stories. As much as SoP may not like it totally, the tale of Vegas upsetting McGinnis, the begrudging rematch, McGinnis going over the hill and Vegas being a victim of it but nevertheless not simply standing aside but coming back time and time again was one of the better more in-depth storylines we've had aside from McGinnis/Snowmantashi and the short Snowmantashi/MvH - though I could easily be missing more like Savage/Shepard (though that seemed more of a one-man thing).

    And final request, anyway we can get that AON/Willis segment onto the show

    EDIT: While I'm at it, SoP, some unsolicited criticism. Your segment was one of your better ones but there's still stuff that are a bit bothersome, the uncapitalized I's, the fact that you write Jonathan in 2-3 different ways in an RP (maybe re-read what you write?), and the content itself was a mix of 50/50 good. You did well in sending your message and you had a good idea with the ladder though in this case being a Last Man Standing match it didn't make much sense (get a prop or concept that relates more directly to the gimmicked match at hand). I think the part that bothered me the most was the deliberate attempt to go non-PG which just didn't make sense, or need to be done, particularly with your character. You're a rich face, not a rebel one. Unless you tie your character's Rated R or Anti-PG stance to his concept of being a rich face it just makes little sense and feels more like your personal wrestling views are traversing into your characters without really working. It seems like solely criticism but I actually did enjoy the RP beyond that. I think you should try to develop your writing style so that your character gets those wins that makes him look better. There's only so many ways people can make him look good if he's endlessly losing, gotta read other rp's and improve enough to get those wins too.

  5. #25
    Internet Favorite
    StylesofPunk's Avatar

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Michigan
    Posts
    2,032
    Rep Power
    12677

    Re: CWA Adrenaline Rush: Live from Tampa Bay, Florida

    Quote Originally Posted by Jon Snow View Post
    EDIT: While I'm at it, SoP, some unsolicited criticism. Your segment was one of your better ones but there's still stuff that are a bit bothersome, the uncapitalized I's, the fact that you write Jonathan in 2-3 different ways in an RP (maybe re-read what you write?), and the content itself was a mix of 50/50 good. You did well in sending your message and you had a good idea with the ladder though in this case being a Last Man Standing match it didn't make much sense (get a prop or concept that relates more directly to the gimmicked match at hand). I think the part that bothered me the most was the deliberate attempt to go non-PG which just didn't make sense, or need to be done, particularly with your character. You're a rich face, not a rebel one. Unless you tie your character's Rated R or Anti-PG stance to his concept of being a rich face it just makes little sense and feels more like your personal wrestling views are traversing into your characters without really working. It seems like solely criticism but I actually did enjoy the RP beyond that. I think you should try to develop your writing style so that your character gets those wins that makes him look better. There's only so many ways people can make him look good if he's endlessly losing, gotta read other rp's and improve enough to get those wins too.
    The uncapatlized i's is my own fault yeah I dont have microsoft word which i am use to i actually dont even have wordpad on my computer so i use an online wordpad that doesnt help me. Plus dealing with a older laptop that the keys you have to hit hard or they dont work does not help. If you re-read my promo you will see that the ladder is a metaphor. A metaphor on moving up in the company. The top rung is the world championship while the bottom rung is a jobber. There was no deliberate attempt to go non pg. The words used were of a man pissed off and hell bent on revenge. My writing style is that of a realistic promo. If someone comes out and cuts a 40 minute promo guess what the crowd is going to be bored. If a guy comes out and gives a 10-15 minute promo getting his point across that to me is realistic.

  6. #26
    No One
    Jon Snow's Avatar

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Westeros
    Posts
    13,575
    Rep Power
    882694
      Country                    Canada

    Re: CWA Adrenaline Rush: Live from Tampa Bay, Florida

    Quote Originally Posted by StylesofPunk View Post
    The uncapatlized i's is my own fault yeah I dont have microsoft word which i am use to i actually dont even have wordpad on my computer so i use an online wordpad that doesnt help me. Plus dealing with a older laptop that the keys you have to hit hard or they dont work does not help. If you re-read my promo you will see that the ladder is a metaphor. A metaphor on moving up in the company. The top rung is the world championship while the bottom rung is a jobber. There was no deliberate attempt to go non pg. The words used were of a man pissed off and hell bent on revenge. My writing style is that of a realistic promo. If someone comes out and cuts a 40 minute promo guess what the crowd is going to be bored. If a guy comes out and gives a 10-15 minute promo getting his point across that to me is realistic.
    There have been many pissed off people in the past decade in the WWE, they don't casually swear nor get the crowd to cuss unanimously. And when they do, it comes off shitty and corny a la Roman Reigns.

    Your ladder being a metaphor is cool but it doesn't make sense for a last man standing match. Most people come up with metaphors that relate to it. You know - like the revolver and the steel roulette? If this was a ladder match, and you were using the ladder as a metaphor then it'd work, be great even, like Echo's ladder match promo for steel roulette.

    Mind you, realistically, who would chant best in the world at casual upper midcarder Johnny Vegas IRL. Realistically?

    Realistically. Your promo wouldn't last 5 minutes let alone three times that. Try reading it out loud and seeing how long it would take you to say what he says. No one here has written a "40" minute promo. Not even me in my longer than most Steel Roulette promo had a "40" minute promo.

  7. #27
    Huggin' and Kissin'
    Tig's Avatar

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Dublin
    Posts
    5,928
    Rep Power
    354730
      Country                    Ireland

    Re: CWA Adrenaline Rush: Live from Tampa Bay, Florida

    Going to sound harsh here but SoP; you're out of your depth slightly in the main event scene. No shame in it, im out of my depth atm in FWA and it can be tough. Your portrayal is fair enough in my eyes, Vegas has no right to be mixing it up with McGinnis and Snowmantashi on quality alone but he is and he's doing half alright. It's the best you can hope for, same with myself and Toner. Have you contemplated dropping slightly down the card? You can build up a few wins and some momentum and then come back to the main event scene, better prepared and with more success to draw on.

  8. #28
    HOSS MOD
    Cyrus Truth's Avatar

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Long and Winding Road
    Posts
    20,514
    Rep Power
    146213

    Re: CWA Adrenaline Rush: Live from Tampa Bay, Florida

    Just no pleasing some people.

    The whole reason I elected to write the main myself is because, the last time we outsourced the main to somebody who wasn't staff, we had this exact same issue. I don't want people getting all upset at normal members of our little fed for just wanting to help out and I've got thick enough skin to deal with it.

    As for the match itself, I promised to deliver hard hitting action with the despicable heel McGinnis and the resilient Vegas, and I did...for an Adrenaline Rush match. I thought it was a great and pulse-pounding main event...for an Adrenaline Rush. A non-title Adrenaline Rush match.

    You get where I'm coming from on this? Had this been a PPV, I probably would've done more with this match. But it's an Adrenaline Rush. No wrestling company puts a 48 minute WAR OF TITANS on their broadcast TV station since the whole point of TV is to sell the PPV.

    Now, you may say, "Well, yeah, Cyrus...but this is an e-fed so why not go full ham? It's supposed to be fun!"

    To which I would reply, "Yes, you are absolutely right in that e-fed should be fun. And how much of my fun should I sacrifice for yours?"

    Anybody who's talked to me in the SB knows I am not a big fan of match writing itself. I like playing booker and working out angles, storylines, and characterization, but the actual match-writing itself is a chore because, after a while, it seems like all the matches play out much the same for me and it feels more like work than fun. There's not a lot to reinvent with the wheel in terms of writing a match. Sure, different spots and whatnot, but again this is just my own take. I accept the headache of writing matches because that's part of the responsibility when you are on an e-fed booking team, and Jimmy King has been nothing less than a saint in making sure I don't have to stress the bulk of it.

    But the reason I explain this is that, asking me to write a 3000 word epic for a non-title Adrenaline Rush main event for a feud that started simply because Willis neglected to promo that one time really kills a lot of my fun.

    Bottom line? Not re-writing the match. I personally think it was a perfectly fine capstone to a B-feud and, while I can understand if it's not exactly what you envisioned your match to be, you did not come out looking terrible AT ALL. You wanted hate? Hate was brought. You wanted weapons and sick spots? Given. You wanted a big climax that, quite frankly, protected the hell out of your character since there's not a single person on the roster who'd meet a ten count after that? Delivered.

    And to all of CWA, I get that you want to have fun and have your characters portrayed in a certain way. That's no problem whatsoever, because e-fed should be fun. You all realize that my inbox is not that hard to send a message to? As I've stated, I LOVE working with people and structuring storylines for them and I'm never that hard to get a hold of. Just shoot me a message about what you're thinking and what you'd like to do, and I'll do my best to make it work. Hell, the most fun I've had since being on staff was working with Jon and Willis on their characterizations and providing advice for promos and segments. I've no problem doing this and doing story crafting so that Jimmy himself doesn't get overwhelmed by having to do all of it. Think of me as the talent relations lead to Jimmy King's Vince McMahon.

    Not to mention Jimmy King's grapefruits are massive. Like, they have their own gravitational pull and everything.

    That's all I have to say on this. Now, to get us back on track to Fun-Town:



    Oh, Pete. Is there anything your sexual deviancy/murderous rampage can't cure?

  9. #29
    Internet Favorite
    StylesofPunk's Avatar

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Michigan
    Posts
    2,032
    Rep Power
    12677

    Re: CWA Adrenaline Rush: Live from Tampa Bay, Florida

    Quote Originally Posted by Cyrus Truth View Post
    Just no pleasing some people.

    The whole reason I elected to write the main myself is because, the last time we outsourced the main to somebody who wasn't staff, we had this exact same issue. I don't want people getting all upset at normal members of our little fed for just wanting to help out and I've got thick enough skin to deal with it.

    As for the match itself, I promised to deliver hard hitting action with the despicable heel McGinnis and the resilient Vegas, and I did...for an Adrenaline Rush match. I thought it was a great and pulse-pounding main event...for an Adrenaline Rush. A non-title Adrenaline Rush match.

    You get where I'm coming from on this? Had this been a PPV, I probably would've done more with this match. But it's an Adrenaline Rush. No wrestling company puts a 48 minute WAR OF TITANS on their broadcast TV station since the whole point of TV is to sell the PPV.

    Now, you may say, "Well, yeah, Cyrus...but this is an e-fed so why not go full ham? It's supposed to be fun!"

    To which I would reply, "Yes, you are absolutely right in that e-fed should be fun. And how much of my fun should I sacrifice for yours?"

    Anybody who's talked to me in the SB knows I am not a big fan of match writing itself. I like playing booker and working out angles, storylines, and characterization, but the actual match-writing itself is a chore because, after a while, it seems like all the matches play out much the same for me and it feels more like work than fun. There's not a lot to reinvent with the wheel in terms of writing a match. Sure, different spots and whatnot, but again this is just my own take. I accept the headache of writing matches because that's part of the responsibility when you are on an e-fed booking team, and Jimmy King has been nothing less than a saint in making sure I don't have to stress the bulk of it.

    But the reason I explain this is that, asking me to write a 3000 word epic for a non-title Adrenaline Rush main event for a feud that started simply because Willis neglected to promo that one time really kills a lot of my fun.

    Bottom line? Not re-writing the match. I personally think it was a perfectly fine capstone to a B-feud and, while I can understand if it's not exactly what you envisioned your match to be, you did not come out looking terrible AT ALL. You wanted hate? Hate was brought. You wanted weapons and sick spots? Given. You wanted a big climax that, quite frankly, protected the hell out of your character since there's not a single person on the roster who'd meet a ten count after that? Delivered.

    And to all of CWA, I get that you want to have fun and have your characters portrayed in a certain way. That's no problem whatsoever, because e-fed should be fun. You all realize that my inbox is not that hard to send a message to? As I've stated, I LOVE working with people and structuring storylines for them and I'm never that hard to get a hold of. Just shoot me a message about what you're thinking and what you'd like to do, and I'll do my best to make it work. Hell, the most fun I've had since being on staff was working with Jon and Willis on their characterizations and providing advice for promos and segments. I've no problem doing this and doing story crafting so that Jimmy himself doesn't get overwhelmed by having to do all of it. Think of me as the talent relations lead to Jimmy King's Vince McMahon.

    Not to mention Jimmy King's grapefruits are massive. Like, they have their own gravitational pull and everything.

    That's all I have to say on this. Now, to get us back on track to Fun-Town:



    Oh, Pete. Is there anything your sexual deviancy/murderous rampage can't cure?

    The last time you outsourced it it didnt go well..... It wasn't AON's fault it didnt go well he did well then handed it over and it got the well i rushed to get it done treatment

    If it was a normal match i could see the writing being a shorter match but it is a last man standing match(btw that match was your idea if you didnt want to write a solid longer match then you shouldnt have thrown the idea of a LMS match) Does this really help Vegas? Get a little offense in here and there. Have him have to get up from a 8 or 9 count a few times but McGinnis bounces up at 6 once. McGinnis winning was never in doubt really there was never the oh hey Vegas might get the upset here.

    But the reason I explain this is that, asking me to write a 3000 word epic for a non-title Adrenaline Rush main event for a feud that started simply because Willis neglected to promo that one time really kills a lot of my fun. - right there shows Vegas is a joke. Really why promo then knowing my matches will turn out to be a joke? It kills alot of the fun for me too when I waste my time doing promo work for the match to be a fucking joke. Willis mentioned how he wanted to superkick Jenny in the shoutbox and wow big surprise he got it and he got to bury Vegas. I guess thats what you get when your buddies with the match writers and graders

  10. #30
    Huggin' and Kissin'
    Tig's Avatar

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Dublin
    Posts
    5,928
    Rep Power
    354730
      Country                    Ireland

    Re: CWA Adrenaline Rush: Live from Tampa Bay, Florida

    Okay SoP you really need a reality check. Vegas going up against McGinnis is a midcarder going up against a bonafide main eventer. Vegas is getting the rub of not getting absolutely squashed by these guys (which really Snowmantashi/McGinnis should be doing). You have it all wrong you're not portrayed as a joke you're portrayed as a plucky midcarder out of his depth but still trying his damn best. If you were portrayed as being evenly matched to McGinnis you'd have to be a main eventer. That's not a hit on you, it's a testament to how good McGinnis is. McGinnis against anyone from the midcard and I guarantee the portrayal would be the SAme.

  11. #31
    HOSS MOD
    Cyrus Truth's Avatar

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Long and Winding Road
    Posts
    20,514
    Rep Power
    146213

    Re: CWA Adrenaline Rush: Live from Tampa Bay, Florida

    Quote Originally Posted by StylesofPunk View Post
    The last time you outsourced it it didnt go well..... It wasn't AON's fault it didnt go well he did well then handed it over and it got the well i rushed to get it done treatment

    If it was a normal match i could see the writing being a shorter match but it is a last man standing match(btw that match was your idea if you didnt want to write a solid longer match then you shouldnt have thrown the idea of a LMS match) Does this really help Vegas? Get a little offense in here and there. Have him have to get up from a 8 or 9 count a few times but McGinnis bounces up at 6 once. McGinnis winning was never in doubt really there was never the oh hey Vegas might get the upset here.
    Your recollection is severely flawed. IIRC, you suggested adding a stipulation. At which point I acquiesced with the LMS stip. And showing remarkable resiliency in a match against a dominant and downright cheating World Champion isn't helpful?

    But the reason I explain this is that, asking me to write a 3000 word epic for a non-title Adrenaline Rush main event for a feud that started simply because Willis neglected to promo that one time really kills a lot of my fun. - right there shows Vegas is a joke. Really why promo then knowing my matches will turn out to be a joke? It kills alot of the fun for me too when I waste my time doing promo work for the match to be a fucking joke. Willis mentioned how he wanted to superkick Jenny in the shoutbox and wow big surprise he got it and he got to bury Vegas. I guess thats what you get when your buddies with the match writers and graders


    It doesn't show Vegas as a joke. It shows that Vegas had a golden opportunity when Willis no-showed to build on a monumental win and carry that momentum going forward. And I'm sorry to say, you didn't.

    I know you've been in this fed off-and-on for a long time, but I also know that you've not really had a big run at the top of the card either up until Willis dropped his match with you. If you think that I show favoritism to anybody, you are sorely mistaken. Jon, Willis, SS, and AON are featured performers because they are simply outperforming everybody. That's how it has always been in CWA and how it will continue to be. Having been with this fed for as long as you have, I would hope that you would recognize that. Accusing me of showing favoritism is silly, and accusing Jimmy King of it is downright stupid.

    As for the Jenny bit, the only reason I threw that in there is because you've had this manager with your character for some time and done very little with her. And yes, I threw it in because it helps build the slimeball character of McGinnis, which I like to do because it's hard as hell to have proper heels in CWA and I take full advantage of any opportunity I get to build one. So sue me for wanting to get some heat on a heel like a proper booker would do.

    As I've said, I'm available to talk to if you want help in developing a character. I'm open to suggestions about how you want your character portrayed. If we talk and I don't get it quite right...well, sorry. I'm only human.

    If you're getting that worked up about how we're portraying your character and you're losing your smile, I'm not going to stop you from leaving. Hell, if you still want to e-fed, we do have another on the forum if you wish to try that. Bottom line? It's e-fed. It is NOT that serious.

    Also, just as an added aside...if anybody thinks they can do a better job of consistently running this e-fed and making everybody happy than either Jimmy or I, you're more than welcome to apply for the position.
    Last edited by Cyrus Truth; 04-28-2016 at 11:59 AM.

  12. #32
    I'm a Stone Cold Lee Guy.
    An Original Name's Avatar

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Dublin Ireland
    Posts
    2,033
    Rep Power
    183167
      Country                    Ireland

    Re: CWA Adrenaline Rush: Live from Tampa Bay, Florida

    Hey guys remember when E-fed was fun?

    That was nice
    The most amazing thing about this recent conversation is that I've learned AON is even more of a waste of space than I thought he was previously

  13. #33
    #HEEL
    Shawn's Avatar

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Aug 2014
    Location
    Philly
    Posts
    2,856
    Rep Power
    381170

    Re: CWA Adrenaline Rush: Live from Tampa Bay, Florida

    "E-Feds is serious bidness"

    -Someone, probably


  14. #34
    I'm a Stone Cold Lee Guy.
    An Original Name's Avatar

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Dublin Ireland
    Posts
    2,033
    Rep Power
    183167
      Country                    Ireland

    Re: CWA Adrenaline Rush: Live from Tampa Bay, Florida

    The most amazing thing about this recent conversation is that I've learned AON is even more of a waste of space than I thought he was previously

  15. #35
    RainShaker's Avatar

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Location
    Korakuen Hall Safe Standing Section
    Posts
    18,792
    Rep Power
    1216566
      Country                    Jamaica

    Re: CWA Adrenaline Rush: Live from Tampa Bay, Florida

    At least this isnt FWA drama for a change


    ~
    ~ THE KING OF KINGS ~~
    Spoiler:






  16. #36
    I'm a Stone Cold Lee Guy.
    An Original Name's Avatar

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Dublin Ireland
    Posts
    2,033
    Rep Power
    183167
      Country                    Ireland

    Re: CWA Adrenaline Rush: Live from Tampa Bay, Florida

    Clearly you brought some kind of illness with you when you came over Shake. >>
    The most amazing thing about this recent conversation is that I've learned AON is even more of a waste of space than I thought he was previously

  17. #37
    No One
    Jon Snow's Avatar

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Westeros
    Posts
    13,575
    Rep Power
    882694
      Country                    Canada

    Re: CWA Adrenaline Rush: Live from Tampa Bay, Florida

    Quote Originally Posted by An Original Name View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Shawn View Post
    "E-Feds is serious bidness"

    -Someone, probably
    Quote Originally Posted by An Original Name View Post
    Hey guys remember when E-fed was fun?

    That was nice
    These sort of posts don't help anybody guys. This happens anytime theres any sort of issue with an efed and its a silly post. Imagine if developpers, directors, writers in any sort of media related form replied with 'yeah this is totes cereal dudes' anytime there was an issue or a bug with their work that was meant to be fun but isnt. Im not saying this is serious but youre adding nothing to the discussion so at that point just hold your not very clever post back. Not to be a dick.

    The issue here is that he isn't having fun and good solutions are being brought forth, Cyrus is always willing to talk booking ideas if you want your portrayal done better, especially if you're on SB then me and Willy are there 99% of the time to turn that SB into an efed chat anyways.

    And favoritism is laughable. The moment a complete nobody (at the time) in SS won the hardest match of the year, Wrestle Royale, you knew that's b.s. I've lost to Austerio, me and Willis lost to you and MvH. Sorry, SoP but this is a case where your argument just holds no ground. What Jimmy and Cyrus judge is the better RP will win, not who they like more (otherwise I'd be undefeated).

  18. #38
    I'm a Stone Cold Lee Guy.
    An Original Name's Avatar

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Dublin Ireland
    Posts
    2,033
    Rep Power
    183167
      Country                    Ireland

    Re: CWA Adrenaline Rush: Live from Tampa Bay, Florida

    The most amazing thing about this recent conversation is that I've learned AON is even more of a waste of space than I thought he was previously

  19. #39
    Internet Favorite
    StylesofPunk's Avatar

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Michigan
    Posts
    2,032
    Rep Power
    12677

    Re: CWA Adrenaline Rush: Live from Tampa Bay, Florida

    Quote Originally Posted by Cyrus Truth View Post
    Your recollection is severely flawed. IIRC, you suggested adding a stipulation. At which point I acquiesced with the LMS stip. And showing remarkable resiliency in a match against a dominant and downright cheating World Champion isn't helpful?

    I never suggested a stip I was talking about a match I was thinking of that was a mix between a tall hell in the cell cage and a ladder match. Someone else suggested a stip my response was a cage match but nope it has to be a LMS match by someone who does not like writing matches

    It doesn't show Vegas as a joke. It shows that Vegas had a golden opportunity when Willis no-showed to build on a monumental win and carry that momentum going forward. And I'm sorry to say, you didn't.

    I did some solid promo work from the McGinnis match on. I dont write these 3000-4000 word promos. My promo work has been steady and both you and Jimmy know that. I write for realistic promos that are to the point. To me longer promos is point across meets fluff. I dont write fluff pieces. I dont add images/gifs to my promos because it isnt part of a promo to me it is a cheap way to get bonus points. It is a promo not who can do the best photoshop work.


    I know you've been in this fed off-and-on for a long time, but I also know that you've not really had a big run at the top of the card either up until Willis dropped his match with you. If you think that I show favoritism to anybody, you are sorely mistaken. Jon, Willis, SS, and AON are featured performers because they are simply outperforming everybody. That's how it has always been in CWA and how it will continue to be. Having been with this fed for as long as you have, I would hope that you would recognize that. Accusing me of showing favoritism is silly, and accusing Jimmy King of it is downright stupid.

    In the last year plus the champions have been from Willis/Jon/yourself/Punk Wolf. Yeah maybe it is sour grapes but I know im not well liked around here and my last 2 matches have been lackluster and affected by trying to rush to get it posted and by someone who doesnt like writing matches so we get a flat match. A LMS match where there was no hope at all it was basically Vegas down for 8 Vegas down for 9 Vegas down and wouldnt make 10 unless for Jenny. McGinnis down for 6. McGinnis wins. I guess i was expecting too much when you promised a good match and we basically got McGinnis close to winning close to winning oh look McGinnis down but wait it only takes til 6 and he is back up. Oh look he is close to the edge of the stage after not taking much damage and Vegas is off the stage and it is over.


    As for the Jenny bit, the only reason I threw that in there is because you've had this manager with your character for some time and done very little with her. And yes, I threw it in because it helps build the slimeball character of McGinnis, which I like to do because it's hard as hell to have proper heels in CWA and I take full advantage of any opportunity I get to build one. So sue me for wanting to get some heat on a heel like a proper booker would do.

    Willis mentioned that he so wants McGinnis to superkick Jenny so bad etc etc and he got his wish

    As I've said, I'm available to talk to if you want help in developing a character. I'm open to suggestions about how you want your character portrayed. If we talk and I don't get it quite right...well, sorry. I'm only human.

    My character was developing perfectly fine then laziness rolled around twice now. Like i said maybe it was me expecting a good match but getting the lackluster effort by someone who doesnt like writing matches. I know your defense of well we are writing the big matches from now on so this dont happen again. AON wasnt the problem he did well then handed it over and it being forced to get done. I really thought when being told hey Vegas will get his revenge on the Indy Club you know it might happen but im waiting........................................

    If you're getting that worked up about how we're portraying your character and you're losing your smile, I'm not going to stop you from leaving. Hell, if you still want to e-fed, we do have another on the forum if you wish to try that. Bottom line? It's e-fed. It is NOT that serious.

    I get worked up because e fedding was what i used to like to do. It allows me to do what i like and that is writing but why even promo when it turns out like the last 2 matches have. I worked all week on my promo for retribution and then day of show rolls around and a couple moves and wham one superkick and it is done. Yes AON fixed it but before that I worked a week on a promo and got the jobber role. So why work on something for a whole week if not longer for it to be thrown to the side and get made out to look like a jobber?


    Also, just as an added aside...if anybody thinks they can do a better job of consistently running this e-fed and making everybody happy than either Jimmy or I, you're more than welcome to apply for the position.

    Sorry I really dont mean to sound like a dick just expected more. I dont want woe is me but everything from HS to work to life in general i been the outcast and just feel like lately that is what i am becoming here.

  20. #40

    Silk's Avatar

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    Hell on Earth
    Posts
    8,636
    Rep Power
    1298954
      Country                    United States

    Re: CWA Adrenaline Rush: Live from Tampa Bay, Florida

    Quote Originally Posted by Jon Snow View Post
    (otherwise I'd be undefeated).
    Don't be silly, I'm much more beloved than you. I'd be world champion already even with all my no shows.


    Tapatalk That Talk



    Silk's Big Dumb Video Game Thread | Silk's Degrassi Recaps
    WC Rumble Winner 2017, Comic and Game Dork, Mafia Overlord, #Iconic

    Never Forget
    Spoiler:


    [footnote: Is now the longest reigning WWE Champion in Smackdown history]



Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •