Thread: Adrenaline Rush: Live from Buffalo, NY

WC Hall Of Famer

Status
      Country                    United States

Adrenaline Rush: Live from Buffalo, NY

Jim Taylor: Good evening fans and welcome to another edition of Adrenaline Rush! I’m Jim Taylor and to my left is my broadcast colleague, Tim Coleman!

Tim Coleman: Thanks Jimbo! Boy, what a show we have in store for tonight! So many great matches and topped off by that doozy of a main event!

Jim Taylor: You’ve got that right Tim, it’ll be number one contender Michelle von Horowitz teaming up with Johnny Vegas to take on the team of Jonathan McGinnis and the man that beat him for the world title, Jon Snowmantashi! First off though we’re going to be kicking off the show with a debut so let’s get to it!

Singles Match
    Charles Murphy vs Rolando Fuentes

Lindsay Monahan: The following contest is set for one fall!

The hardcore metal sounds of “Be My Blood” fills the arena and the fans are unsure of how to react to this until a man steps out as the music continues to play. The man surveys the sea of fans from the stage with a look of utter disdain as he places both of hands under his chin in the form of a gun and mockingly pulls the trigger before walking to the ring.

Lindsay Monahan: Making his way to the ring from Lancaster, Pennsylvania and now residing in Baltimore, Maryland and weighing in at 200lbs, he is “The One True Thing” Charles Murphy!

Jim Taylor: A debut tonight for one Charles Murphy, not much is known about him but he comes from a troubled background yet anything else about him is a mystery…

Murphy enters the ring and violently beats on his chest before stepping in his corner awaiting his opponent.

“Droppin Plates” now hits and the crowd is electric as they are on their feet in anticipation cheering for the man accompanying this music, and soon enough Rolando Fuentes steps out without his usual fanfare but regardless the fans show their appreciation and respect for the former champion as they embrace him with cheers while he walks to the ring looking ready for action.

Lindsay Monahan: and his opponent from Canton, Ohio and now residing in Houston, Texas, he weighs in at 235lbs…Rolando “Ice” Fuentes!

Jim Taylor: It’s not very often when we get to see Rolando Fuentes in action, but when we do it’s a treat because the man is immensely talented

Tim Coleman: I don’t know Jim, but I’m beginning to think that Rolando isn’t as good as he once was

Jim Taylor: He has been in a rut as of late, but it takes time to bounce back and surely if anyone can do that it’s Rolando

Tim Coleman: If you say so Jim

Rolando reaches the ring and once he’s inside the ring he pounds his chest with his left fist before throwing both arms out much to the delight of the fans, but before he can turn around or react he’s blindsided from behind with a clubbing blow from Charles Murphy and the fans immediately show their disdain for this man as he viciously stomps away as the bell sounds.

Ding! Ding! Ding!

Jim Taylor: This match underway and Charles Murphy is eager to get this match started and not wasting any time getting the upper hand on an unsuspecting Rolando!

Tim Coleman: Smart strategy by this young man Jim. Rolando was distracted and Charles took advantage of it, some may call it cheap shot but those people don’t know what they’re talking about.

Murphy continues to be relentless with his assault as he lays into Rolando with repeated knee drops to the head and chest area of his opponent. Then he drags Fuentes away from the ropes and continues to punish Fuentes with repeated elbow drops in rapid succession until he decides that Rolando has had enough. He then takes Rolando up by grabbing his head and sets him up in position for a front suplex! Rolando’s back slaps against the mat hard and Murphy isn’t finished just yet as he places Rolando in position for a sambo suplex, but this time it’s Rolando that fights back by firing off several back elbows to the side of Murphy’s head until he relinquishes his grip on the veteran and Rolando catches the young man with a enziguri that has Murphy stunned allowing Rolando to catch Murphy from behind with a double knee backbreaker! Murphy bounces off of Rolando’s knees and crumbles to the mat as Rolando is quick to make the cover…

1…
    2…
    NO! Murphy gets a shoulder up…

Now Rolando keeps this at a slow methodical pace as he places Murphy in a wristlock submission keeping the young man grounded. Then Rolando proceeds to stomp down hard on Murphy’s wrist crushing it beneath his boot like a cockroach. Murphy writhes around on the mat holding his wrist while Rolando endears himself to the fans who return it to him with a warm embrace of cheers. Rolando then takes Murphy up and sends him off the ropes, but Murphy ducks underneath avoiding contact with Rolando and as he comes back running full speed towards Rolando and catches him with a running single knee dropkick that has Rolando momentarily stunned on one knee allowing Murphy to drive him down hard to the canvas with a devastating STO! Murphy now hooking the leg for the pin…

1…
    2…
    NO! Rolando kicks out…

Murphy brings Rolando up now taking him by the wrist…CONFRONTATION CLOTHESLINE! Murphy nearly taking Rolando’s head off with the short arm lariat as Rolando lay on the mat with no idea where he’s at as Murphy continues his onslaught with repeated knee drops to the head followed by repeated elbow drops in quick succession followed by another pin attempt…

1…
    2…
    NO! Rolando with the shoulder up…

Murphy now drags Rolando up and whips him to the corner before charging in at him, but Rolando with the boot up stopping Murphy dead in his tracks momentarily allowing Rolando to position himself up on the top rope as he leaps off but Murphy catches him mid-air…side slam backbreaker! Rolando crumbles to the mat as Murphy regains control of the match as he takes Rolando by the head positioning him…THE PATH! He hits Rolando with a delayed cross legged fisherman’s buster and he follows up with a running leg drop right across the neck of Rolando and instead of going for the pin Murphy decides to target the legs of Rolando…ZEALOT LOCK! Murphy has the inverted reverse figure four leg lock cinched in tight with no intent of letting go as Rolando grits his teeth fighting through the pain while desperately reaching out for the ropes and he’s finally able to do so breaking the hold…

Jim Taylor: Rolando breaking the hold but the damage may be done

Murphy rather upset by this turn of events as he goes to grab Rolando, but Rolando fights back as he jumps on him…GUILLOTINE CHOKE! Rolando looking to put Murphy to sleep with the guillotine choke but Murphy grabs a hold of the rope forcing the hold to be broken. Rolando not finished yet though as he takes Murphy by the head lifting him up in position for The Ice Pick, but Murphy escapes as he flips behind Rolando and drills him with a double axe handle to the back before lifting him in a fireman’s carry position…IF FEET COULD KILL! Fireman’s carry dropped into an overhead kick and Rolando is seeing stars now as Murphy takes him up once more…TRUE CHOICE! Rolando crumbles to the mat and Murphy quickly hooks the leg…

1…
    2…
    3!

Lindsay Monahan: The winner of the match, Charles Murphy!

Murphy quickly exits the ring to booing from the fans, but he just ignores them as he makes his way back up the ramp to the back. In the ring Rolando comes to and looks dissappointed in himself while the crowd shows him respect. Soon the crowd perks up with more cheers as Rolando's friend and CWA veteran, Diego Gonzalez makes his way out to check on Rolando and all Rolando does is brush him off and leaves him in the ring while Diego looks on with concern.

Jim Taylor: Rolando wanting to walk out on his own without the help of Diego Gonzalez

Tim Coleman: There's more to it than that I'm sure Jim

Jim Taylor: Well, that'll remain to be seen but up next we'll hear from the number one contender for the world title, Michelle von Horowitz and her opponent for Five Star Attraction, the CWA World Heavyweight Champion, Jon Snowmantashi! That's next after the short break so stay tuned!

*Commercial*

When we return from the commercial break, Michelle Kelly is standing in the ring, which has been lined with red carpet. She is sat on a high-backed black chair, two more of which are positioned either side of her. The crowd is hot with anticipation.

Michelle Kelly: Ladies and gentlemen, in just two short weeks the biggest event in the CWA calendar takes place, when the stars of this company fight for honour and renown at Five Star Attraction. The main event is a true tale of David and Goliath, as our current World Heavyweight Champion Jon Snowmantashi will take on the winner of the Wrestle Royale, Michelle von Horrowitz. It is my privilege to announce that both competitors have agreed to give up ten minutes of their time to speak with me, and all of you, here tonight. So, without further delay, may I introduce the number one contender for the biggest prize in the business; Michelle von Horrowitz!

Roy Orbison’s ‘In Dreams’ sounds out around the arena and is greeted by a chorus of boos. Before long, von Horrowitz is stood upon the stage, surveying the crowd, most of which are instantly hostile towards her arrival. She begins to stride down the ramp at her leisure, something resembling a devious grin on her face, hands tracing the line of an invisible championship around her waist.

Jim Taylor: Here she is, Tim, the number one contender for the World Heavyweight Championship…

Tim Coleman: Michelle Kelly literally just said that…

Von Horrowitz takes a few moments to snatch a sign written in what looks like crayon that reads ‘GO BACK TO HOLLAND’ out of the hands of a fan. She crumples it into a compact ball and punt kicks it high into the audience. Soon enough, she is on the apron, climbing through the ropes, and beckoning the crowd on in their hatred. She appears more than happy to portray the villain. Her music stops and she positions herself on Michelle Kelly’s left.

Michelle Kelly: … and now, introducing her opponent for Five Star Attraction’s main event. He is the current, reigning CWA Heavyweight Champion of the world. He is Jon Snowmantashi!

The heart-pounding rhythm and vocals of "Sword of Destiny" reverberate throughout the arena, announcing the arrival of the CWA Heavyweight Champion. Jon Snowmantashi steps through the curtains in a simple "KAIJU" shirt and some shorts that go down to his knees. The gold everyone vies for in the back lies on his shoulder as it must, it's simply too small for his waist. He's jovial, aggravatingly so, and that might be a ketchup stain on his shirt too. In any case, the champion makes his way down the ramp, indifferent to both the crowd and whatever theatricality is expected in his arrival. He walks up the steel steps and takes his spot in a re-enforced chair to Michelle Kelly’s right, the crowd still cheering loudly as Kelly waits to ask her first question.

Michelle Kelly: Welcome to both of you, both champion and challenger. Let me start with a general question, for both of you. Tonight will be the second time that you will have faced off, albeit in tag team matches, after the main event of the recent end-of-year cross-promotional super show with the FWA. What are your thoughts on that match as well as tonight’s encounter, where the champion will team up with his long-time friend Jonathan McGinnis, and the challenger with Johnny Vegas? Do you feel that you have become better acquainted with each other’s styles? Has it in any way altered your respective strategies as we head towards Five Star Attraction? Let’s start with you, Miss von Horrowitz.

MVH: Well, first of all, it’s Ms von Horrowitz…

The crowd are instantly on MVH’s back again, more because of her tone of superiority than the content of her response.

MVH: And second of all, that wasn’t really one general question, Michelle. It was more like three questions, each of which are general enough to almost be considered mundane. I have zero interest in discussing our match at the super-show. It is in the past, and I trust that everybody has already seen the contest and drawn their own conclusions. Anything that I could say about it now would be redundant. As for my strategy, I wouldn’t be the calculating competitor that I am if I was ready and willing to give away my game-plan with my opponent sat three metres away from me. I almost wish you’d asked the Champ first, if only because he’s probably unintelligent enough to actually give you an answer. He calls it ‘straight forward’… ‘plain talking’… but I honestly doubt that the Man-Baby possesses the mental faculties to give us any more than the grunts he offers on the microphone each week.

Snowmantashi doesn’t seem interested in von Horrowitz’ diatribe, and is staring almost straight through her. Michelle continues…

MVH: As for tonight, well, I’ve spoken about this at some length already. It is, of course, inherently unfair that I am expected to partner with a man I’ve never even spoken to, whilst my opponents are a semi-established unit with their own cute little team name and all. But I have long come to realise that I can’t expect parity of opportunity from wrestling promoters. Tonight will be little more than an experiment; a skirmish before the battle to come at Five Star Attraction. The Man-Baby isn’t smart enough to conceal his thoughts or his abilities, so tonight will just be another opportunity to read his strategy whilst guarding my own. But hey, maybe I won’t have to. Maybe he’s ready to answer your question and save me a job tonight. Jonny boy?

The champion has a wide dumb grin when he's finally given leave to speak at the culmination of the challenger's thinly veiled shots.

Jon Snowmantashi: I not know how is in Oranda, where you from... but in Japan... I think in Amerika too, a baby complains. A baby thinks everything is unfair. But, I try to make things fair for you, I tell you strategy for Go Suta Aatorakushon - I have no strategy. I not need strategy to beat Makuginisu-kun. I not need strategy to beat everyone else I beat already. I not need strategy to beat you. I not need strategy tonight. Strategy is for people compensate for weakness. I not really have weakness. I understand if you keep your strategy in secret. You need strategy. These people need show. I need challenge. Makes sense. I not blame you.

He lowers the microphone and that seems to be about everything he has to say in regards to Michelle's flurry of questions. Ordinarily, maybe Kelly would have questioned Snowmantashi's reluctance to strategize, but she'd interviewed him enough to know this was always his answer in regards to studying his opponent.

Michelle Kelly: At Five Star Attraction, Ms von Horrowitz, you're going in as a challenger for the biggest prize in the business, it's not something that happens every day. Mr. Snowmantashi, you're going into Five Star Attraction with your very first defense of the championship you recently acquired. I'd like to go beyond your relationship as challenger and champion for a second here. Ms von Horrowitz, you haven't shied away from... criticizing Mr. Snowmantashi's character, and Mr. Snowmantashi, you've shown almost indifference in recognizing your opponent. What do you truly think about the person opposite you, personally and professionally?

It's almost a question that seems to serve to solely raise the animosity instead of lowering it. Snowmantashi, for once, raises the microphone first.

Jon Snowmantashi: Misheru-kun is very pretty lady. Not very nice, though. In ring, I not care about what her goals are, what she thinks of me, what she thinks of this company... she on other side of ring, all I want is to break Misheru-kun.

Well he's never been known to mince words.

Jon Snowmantashi: You know, they say I defending championship at Go Suta Aatorakushon. She's challenging the championship. Is our relationship. I clarify something, I not defending the championship at Go Suta Aatorakushon, I attacking the challenger.

He lowers the microphone, there's still half a grin on his face, sort of mismatching whatever seriousness he's trying to deliver with his words.

Michelle Kelly: Any response, Michelle?

Von Horrowitz lifts the microphone and stands up, pacing around slightly as she replies.

MVH: I’m never sure, when this man begins to speak, if he means what he says or whether it’s all an elaborate plan. No strategy. No strategy? I’ve heard this man called a warrior before. A legend of the international wrestling world. But wrestling without strategy is just fighting, and there’s a large part of me that thinks that that’s all he is; a fighter. And an infantile one at that. A fighter who has bumbled his way through a career that has had – admittedly - more ups than downs, but even the best fighter in the world is no match for a wrestler. And that is what I am. A wrestler who has proved to all of you what I can do in this ring. I’ve wrestled bigger and I’ve certainly wrestled better, and eventually even the largest tree falls victim to a small-but-sharp axe.

Here she turns to face her opponent directly for the first time, eyeing up his immense frame. A hint of apprehension creeps onto her face before she’s able to dispel it.

MVH: As for breaking me at Five Star Attraction?

A small snort of derision.

MVH: What Jon Snowmantashi wants to do is of little interest to me. It should be of little interest to all of you, too, because a competitor’s desires are not significant. Snowmantashi can bluster about breaking his challengers all he likes, but he is still a defenceless champion. He defeated the hypocrite McGinnis, for sure. But there isn’t anyone in tonight’s main event who hasn’t done that. Even McGinnis defeats himself on a regular basis. This is no great feat. Snowmantashi is a transitional champion waiting to diminish. Nothing more, nothing less.

Von Horrowitz returns to her chair, placing the microphone on its arm and beckoning for Michelle Kelly to ask her next question.

Michelle Kelly: We have heard both of you talk about what will happen in two weeks’ time, but – as my third and final question – I’d like to you to imagine something you probably haven’t even paused to consider. What if you lose? What would be next for Mr Snowmantashi or Ms von Horrowitz, should you fail to secure the victory at Five Star Attraction?

Michelle picks her microphone up and jumps in ahead of the champion.

MVH: You are wrong, Michelle. I have, of course, considered what would happen should I be beaten at Five Star Attraction. I think about this before every single match, although – as I’ve come to regard the competition here in CWA with less and less reverence as each week goes by – that’s less true now than it was in my debuting weeks. Part of me thinks that if I lose, I will begin to fade. I’ve built myself a fair bit of momentum and, should I be halted by the Man-Baby, there’s a good chance that mid-card obscurity will follow for a few weeks, maybe even months. But the cream rises, and I am bolstered by this simple fact; nobody really expects me to win, anyway. Nobody but myself.

She pauses as a ‘SNOW-MAN-TASH-I’ chant begins to circulate, gaining momentum in her elongated silence.

MVH: You see, Jon? These people are all relying on you. The expectation is there, and it is strong and unrelenting. If I should fail, I can re-build, slowly but surely. If you should fail, and you and I both know the probability of that is not insignificant, then it is over. You will be a one-hit wonder… A failure… A disappointment. You will crawl back to Japan with your tail between your trunk-like legs. You will have nowhere to go. No one will cheer your name. No one will remember the good times. You will be the man who worked his way to the top over a period of years, only to piss it all away in a single month… A single title defence. For me, this match is my first roll of the dice. For you, it’s your career.

She drops the microphone onto the mat in front of her, making it quite clear that she has nothing more to say to either of these people. Snowmantashi raises the microphone to answer the question himself.

Jon Snowmantashi: To walk away from failure would be to dishonour yourself, to do away with your pride, I can never do such a thing. Rather in defeat, or in victory, you must always stand the same, you must never waver. I will continue doing what I have always done and that is to break down the person who stands in ring with me. Not my opponent, not these people, not anyone will change that. And - is as you say, cream will always rise. I don't consider defeat, I don't consider victory either, I consider only one thing, destroying my opponent. At Go Suta Aatorakushon, that is you Misheru-kun. All I considering, is destroying you.

The CWA Heavyweight Champion stands now with the microphone on the chair and the belt adjusted to his shoulder. In immediate answer to the large figure before her, Michelle von Horrowitz stands forth too, quite willing to go toe to toe with the man-baby, size difference or not. Michelle Kelly's been long enough in the business to sense the tension rising.

Michelle Kelly: With all of that said, I'd like to thank both of you for affording me ten minutes of your time ahead of the preparation for tonight's main event and, of course, your match at Five Star Attraction and I'd like to wish both of you good luck in the main event.

In all likelihood, both champion and challenger care not for the idea of luck, but both have said their peace and left the microphone there. All that's left is to talk things out in the ring, more physically than verbally. The camera cuts away with the two competitors sizing up the person who will seek to break their dreams, and the person they'll seek to break, period.

Jim Taylor: We'll see those two in action later tonight, but up next we'll see tag team action as number one contenders Harrison Wake and Elijah Edwards team up to take on High Voltage Champion Craig Owens and his muscle, Ryan Andrews! It'll be interesting to see whether or not if Elijah and Harrison will be able to co-exist but they'll have to if they want to win the match

Tim Coleman: I don't see it happening Jimbo!

Jim Taylor: Well, we'll find out after the break!

*Commercial*

Tag Team Grudge Match
    Craig Owens & Ryan Andrews vs Elijah Edwards w/Romeo Rollings & Harrison Wake w/Mia Walsh
    w/ w/

The show returns from commercial to find Harrison Wake already in the ring ready for the next match.

Lindsay Monahan: Introducing first already in the ring and being accompanied by Mia Walsh, from Rock County, Wisconsin and weighing in at 240lbs he is “The Backwoods Badass”…HARRISON WAKE!

Wake’s music plays while the crowd greets him with jeers as he shows no emotion…

Soon his music is replaced by “Icky Thump” by The White Stripes and Elijah Edwards steps out to a loud, positive reception. Elijah looks all business as he makes his way to the ring with his agent Romeo Rollings right behind him.

Lindsay Monahan: and his tag team partner being accompanied by Romeo Rollings, from Toronto, Ontario, Canada and weighing in at 221lbs he is “Double E”…ELIJAH EDWARDS!

Elijah enters the ring and heads to his corner where Harrison Wake ignores him while they stand by…

“Time” by Hans Zimmer hits and an immediate negative reaction from the fans when Craig Owens and his bodyguard Ryan Andrews make their way out. Craig takes a quick bow on stage while wearing his High Voltage championship snug around his waist while Ryan stands behind him with a menacing glare as the two walk to the ring.

Lindsay Monahan: and their opponents weighing in at combined weight of 507lbs, first from Dublin, Ireland and now residing in Chicago, Illinois he is “The Irish Dragon”…RYAN ANDREWS! And his partner from Chicago, Illinois and now residing in New York, New York, he is “The World Renowned” and he is also the current CWA High Voltage Champion…CRAIG OWENS!

Craig confidently enters the ring and stands behind the wall that is Ryan Andrews while Elijah Edwards and Harrison Wake look on from their corner.

Ding! Ding! Ding!

Harrison Wake makes Elijah begin the match for their team while it looks like it’ll be Craig Owens beginning the match he then changes his mind and allows Ryan to begin as he steps on the apron with sly smirk.

Jim Taylor: Craig opting not to start the match and instead has Ryan Andrews do his dirty work for him

Tim Coleman: That’s what he’s paid for Jim, and it’s a smart move on Craig’s part to have Ryan soften up his opposition before Five Star Attraction

It’ll be Andrews and Edwards kicking things off and the two go in for the tie up and right off the bat it’s Andrews shoving Edwards down and menacingly glares at Edwards. Elijah, to his credit, is not at all intimidated by the much larger man and lunges in for another tie up but instead he eats a big clothesline from Andrews for his troubles. Andrews sends Elijah off the ropes and catches him off the rebound with a devastating tilt-a-whirl backbreaker! Elijah falls to the mat in a heap and Ryan grabs him with one hand by the head and head butts Elijah knocking him back some before pulling Elijah in for swinging side slam and into a pin…

1…
    2 ½
    NO! Kick out by Elijah…

Ryan picks him up once and drags him over to the corner and begins to lay into with several boots to the midsection before setting him up in a trapped state on the ropes and making the tag to Craig. Now Craig comes in off the tag looking fresh as a daisy and opens on Elijah with Welcome to Vaudeville! Multiple knee lifts to Elijah is dazed now as Craig charges in at him with a running big boot he calls Show-Runner! Elijah is not looking good as Craig takes him off the ropes and looks to set him up for Director’s Cut, but Elijah fights out of it and counters with a snap double under hook suplex! Craig springs back up holding his back and Elijah comes right back at him with a hammerlock northern lights suplex straight into a pin…

1…
    2 ½
    NO! Craig kicks out…

Elijah backs up in the corner looking ready for the attack when Harrison tags himself in much to dismay of Elijah and the fans as they boo heavily. Harrison enters the fray and charges in at Craig with a running big boot taking him down, but Harrison isn’t done yet as he drags Craig to the corner and fires off with a back elbow right to the throat!

Jim Taylor: Oh, Throatbuster to Craig, it looks like he may not be performing in any musicals anytime soon

Tim Coleman: Oh very funny Jim, laugh at another man’s misfortune

Jim Taylor: Couldn’t have happened to a nicer man

Wake follows up with a several back fists and rough chops straight across the chest of Craig leaving him helpless in the corner. Harrison now takes Craig up in position for a Samoan drop, but Craig scrambles out of and flips behind Harrison and is quick to catch him with a backsliding pin attempt…

1…
    2…
    NO! Harrison angrily kicks out…

As he kicks out Harrison rolls over to his corner where Elijah makes the tag this time, much to the dismay of Harrison and his agent Mia Walsh. Elijah enters the match and charges in at Craig…ONE ARMED SCISSOR! Elijah is fired up as he turns towards the fans that cheer him on, and when he turns right back around…CONCUSSION ON DELIVERY! Running big boot from Ryan Andrews and Elijah Edwards is out as Andrews drags Craig on top of Elijah…

1…
    2…
    NO!

Elijah kicks out much to the delight of those in attendance and Craig rolls off of Elijah with a look of disbelief when Ryan tags himself in and immediately gets in the ring and places Elijah in position for Dice with Death, but Elijah counters it as he’s up high with a DDT bringing Ryan Andrews down and off his feet for the first time in this match as Elijah slowly drapes his arm over Andrews…

1…
    2…
    NO!

Andrews with the kick out and Elijah gathers himself crawling to his corner where Harrison Wake tags in, and as he enters the match Andrews pops up out of nowhere hitting Wake with Dragon’s Fang! Then Andrews brings in Wake setting him up…DICE WITH DEATH! As he hooks the leg Craig trips up Edwards off the apron to prevent him from making the save…

1…
    2…
    3!

Lindsay Monahan: The winners of the match, Ryan Andrews and Craig Owens!

Craig’s music plays as he celebrates with Andrews and takes a bow over Wake’s body before they make their exit up the ramp. Meanwhile, back in the ring Elijah has entered the ring where Harrison Wake is just coming to and Elijah checks on him only for Harrison to brush him off…SUPERKICK! Elijah responds back with a super kick to Harrison Wake and he’s not finished yet…EXCELLENT EXECUTION! He has his submission applied to an already damaged Harrison Wake while Mia Walsh shrieks at Elijah to release the hold while Romeo does his best to gain control of his client as he finally releases his hold and Harrison rolls to the outside where Mia checks on him while Elijah stares back up the ramp where Craig and Ryan are watching on as Elijah points at him and motions a title belt around his waist…

Tim Coleman: Talk about being a sore loser!

Jim Taylor: Elijah was obviously frustrated and had had just about enough of Harrison Wake’s attitude, and obviously he was also sending a message to Craig Owens that he’s coming for the High Voltage championship

Tim Coleman: Send all the messages you want kid, but you aren't beating Craig for that title I can assure you of that!

*Johnny and Jenny walk out from the back looking serious. It looks like a big event for the two of them as Jenny is in Harley Quinn makeup while Johnny is in a half Joker half V makeup. He has a partial smirk on his face while Jenny starts cracking a big smile as they walk to the ring hand in hand. Johnny helps his wife up the steps and then follows holding open the ropes for her. Johnny climbs into the ring after and walks over to the side of the ring where the ringside announcer is at and asks for a microphone. His request is granted and as soon as he gets the mic he hands it to Jenny as he goes and sits Indian style in the middle of the ring while Jenny stands over him mic in one hand and her other hand is running through Johnny's hair.

Jenny: I would love to introduce to you the one the only Johnny Vegas. He was the first loss to one Johnathon McGinnis and THE hottest superstar on the roster today. He gets to team with Michelle von Horrowitz and go against McGinnis and Snowmatashi who call themselves the Suicide Dive Squad. Without further adieu here is my husband, Johnny Vegas.

*Jenny hands down the mic to Johnny as he remains seated in the middle of the ring*

Johnny: Thanks hun that was a beautiful introduction. McGinnis last week i threw down a challenge to you at 5SA and you balked at the idea. You started in this company undefeated and then you lost to me. People call it a fluke but i call it a W for me in my match record. After your loss to me you have went on to not only lose to the champion Snowmatashi who is your tag partner tonight but you then followed it up with losing to my tag partner Michelle von Horrowitz. You have not won a match since you have faced me McGinnis because I did something to the "Indy Darling" that no one else before me was able to do and that was pin your shoulders on the mat 1..............2..................3. How is your mental state doing after these last 3 weeks McGinnis?

*Johnny tilts his head looking into the camera*

Johnny: Last week I called you out I challenged you to a match and you have ran just like Mayweather did to Pacquiao for years. Did i show to the world that you are the real fluke of this company. A champion who had easy challenger after easy challenger who was given on a silver fucking platter the world championship. No one could defeat you they kept throwing easy challenges at you to help CWA improve their demographic within the indy scene. They wanted to show the wrestlers down in the indies that if you come to CWA you could become CWA Heavyweight Champion.They never expected what was going to happen when they threw you in a match with me. They gambled with Vegas and they lost. I exposed you for what you are and that is a fake.

*Fans have a mix of cheers and boos as Johnny stands up next to Jenny*

Johnny: Well thanks for the boos because in every match someone has to play the heel and someone has to play the face. I have climbed up the ladder and have made it almost to the top. I am tied at the top of this ladder with my tag partner tonight while at the top is Snowmatashi and below us is McGinnis. We will win the match tonight and keep on looking up as Michelle will go on and face Snowmatashi at 5SA and maybe McGinnis will finally put his hand out like a real man and accept my challenge for a match. Michelle tonight you can go after Snowmatashi all you want as long as you leave McGinnis to me. I am against violence on women but you are a special exception and if you get in my way I have no problem taking you down. McGinnis vs Vegas II should be the main event of 5 star attraction because it is the dream pay per view match that everyone wants but CWA will make it to co main event because Snowmatashi vs von Horowitz will be the main event.

*Some fans start chanting McGinnis,McGinnis*

Johnny: Dont worry I want him as well but like he has done to me, you all will just have to wait because he only works on his schedule like he is some kind of celebrity. These fans deserve a real hero to get behind one who would be here when the fans needed them to. They need a hero who will lead this organization to new highs. I hope McGinnis you really take me up on my offer to at least show these fans who truly is their real hero or you can hide behind your self appointed monikers and start from the bottom of the ladder like the rest of the roster. Suicide Dive Squad tonight Im coming for you so you better bring your A game or you can bet your ass that after 5 Star Attraction the closest you will be to being on a PPV will be on the pre show while people are still filing into the building or buying the real hero Johnny Vegas merch. Suicide Dive Squad

*The crowd chants FAILED THIS COMPANY*

*Johnny smiles as he throws the mic up in the air and walks out of the ring helping Jenny holding the ropes for her and helps her down the steps as they walk to the back hand in hand as the crowd cheers them on*

*Commercial*

Singles Match
    Prince Pain vs Shade

Prince Pain already in the ring waiting for his opponent as the show returns from break.

Lindsay Monahan: Introducing first weighing in 175lbs, Prince Pain!

Pain shows no emotion as his name is announced...

"Found That Soul" hits and the crowd erupts into boos but as the music plays there's no sign of Shade as Prince Pain looks at the entry way until he's attacked from behind by Shade with several shots to the back that has Pain reeling back in the corner.

Ding! Ding! Ding!

Shade continues the assault with several forearm shots in the corner, but Pain fights back shoving Shade away from him. Shade springs back up however drilling Pain right across the chin with european uppercut followed by an elbow smash that knocks Pain back in the corner. Shade backs up and runs at Pain nailing him with a huge stinger splash in the corner followed by a hard irish whip to the opposite corner causing Pain to bounce back right into Shade's grip, who then slams him to the mat with a flapjack! Shade climbs up top and leaps off looking to hit Pain with Ace of Shades, but Pain catches Shade mid-air and brings him down to the mat planting him with Sudden Decline!

Jim Taylor: Pain with the spinebuster! Can he use this as an opportunity to get back in this match?

Tim Coleman: Beats me Jimbo, but it is odd seing Pain manhandled the way Shade has done to him tonight

Pain lets out a loud bellowing roar before setting up Shade in position Pain & Gain...

The familiar theme music hits eliciting loud jeers from the fans and Pain directs his attention to the entry way where the CWA tag team champions The Echo stand on stage taunting Prince Pain with crotch chops, which only angers the big man.

Jim Taylor: Not the wisest decision by the tag team champions

Tim Coleman: I hate to say it, but I agree with you Jimbo

Pain turns around where Shade is ready as he nails Pain with a roundhouse kick that stuns the big man and now Shade sets him up...DOWN IN FLAMES! Shade hits all of it as he makes the cover...

3!

Lindsay Monahan: The winner of the match, Shade!

Now the tag team champions make their way to the ring and once inside they stomp away on Pain until the angry giant awakes sending the startled tag team champions scattering, and Pain quickly follows suit leaving Shade alone in the ring when the arena goes dark and a video plays on the screen...

After the creepy video ends the lights come back on and Shade is still in the ring with a sick smirk and he begins to laugh before making his way back up the ramp

Jim Taylor: I don't know what that was all about, but up next we'll see the tag team championship defended as The Echo takes on The Movement, well if The Echo manages to escape from Prince Pain that is!

*Commercial*

Tag Team Championship Match
    The Echo (c) vs The Movement

Lindsay Monahan: The next contest is scheduled for one fall and it is for the CWA Tag Team Championship!

“Wynona’s Big Brown Beaver” hits indicating the arrival of the tag team champions and the Conner brothers together known as The Echo step out to a scathing response from the fans, but they don’t care as they actually relish it and encourage it as they walk to the ring while crotch chopping the fans.

Jim Taylor: Well, it looks like they managed to escape the clutches of Prince Pain for now. These two boys sure are obnoxious and cocky, but they can get the job done when it matters most

Tim Coleman: You got that right Jim, and tonight they’re finally going to put an end to those two half dead nitwits in The Movement!

“Terror Time Again” now hits eliciting the usual mixed response from the fans as the duo of Humanity and Nightmare step out and methodically make their way to the ring.

Jim Taylor: What I wouldn’t give to hear you call them that to their faces Tim. Regardless, tonight they get the chance to regain back what The Echo took from them many months ago.

Tim Coleman: If history has taught us anything Jim it’s that The Movement doesn’t stand a chance against The Echo, and tonight The Echo will once again embarrass these two.

The Movement enter the ring and stand across from The Echo, who taunt and mock them.

Lindsay Monahan: Introducing first weighing in at a combined weight of 505lbs, first from Death Valley he is Nightmare, and his partner from Princeton, Minnesota and now residing in St. Paul Minnesota he is “The Effigy of Death” Humanity, and together they are…THE MOVEMENT!

A mixed response for the challenger’s announcement.

Lindsay Monahan: and introducing next weighing in at a combined weight of 350lbs, from Gainesville, Georgia by way of your Mother’s bedroom…

They whisper something to Lindsay, who sighs before saying it.

Lindsay Monahan: and the team that will go down in history as the greatest tag team in all of CWA, better than any other tag team before them, ESPECIALLY The Movement…and they are the greatest CWA Tag Team Champions, Drew and Ethan Conner…THE ECHO!

The brother obnoxiously pose while the fans jeer them. They play rock, paper, scissors to decide who will begin the match and it’s Ethan who will begin while Nightmare will start for his team.

Ding! Ding! Ding!

Ethan charges in at Nightmare right off the bat as Nightmare sits in his corner waiting patiently…reverse STO into the turnbuckle! Ethan’s face is driver into the turnbuckle and Nightmare drags him out of there for the early pin attempt…

1…
    NO!

Ethan kicks out and Nightmare goes to work with quick two alternating knee drops to the head he calls Stay Down! He then drags Ethan to a corner and unload on him multiple rapid fire punches to the head until Ethan slumps down allowing Nightmare to follow up with a running face wash! He then tags in Humanity and he holds him out for Humanity, who comes in off the tag with a big boot right to the face of Ethan, who is in trouble while Drew looks on concerned. Humanity sends Ethan off the ropes and catches him with a huge kitchen sink! Then he lifts him up with ease before bringing him down with a hip toss as Ethan begins to crawl towards his brother’s outstretched hand, but Humanity yanks him by the hair and tosses him around like a ragdoll with a release German suplex! Humanity then tags Nightmare back in and Ethan is crawling on all fours now as Nightmare charges in at him with a knee trembler but Ethan manages to have the wherewithal to avoid any damage and instead catches Nightmare with a roll up!

1…
    NO!

Nightmare kicks out with authority and pops back up, but Ethan is ready for him and drills him with a pele kick that knocks Nightmare back some and Ethan now sets him up and takes him down with a leg trap sunset flip power bomb! He quickly tags in his brother Drew and Drew comes in off the tag looking fresh as he waits for Nightmare to get up before bringing him down to the canvas with a jumping leg lariat into the pin…

1…
    ½
    NO!

Nightmare kicks out and Drew sends Nightmare to the corner nearby Ethan, and Drew positions Nightmare on top of the turnbuckle and tags in Drew…BRIGHT LIGHTS!

Jim Taylor: What a maneuver by The Echo! A hurricanrana from Drew with Ethan catching Nightmare in time for a power bomb!

Ethan confidently hooks the leg of Nightmare…

1…
    2…
    NO!

Nightmare kicks out and Ethan makes the tag to Drew, who then hits Nightmare with a springboard 450 splash! Drew brings up Nightmare and makes the tag to Ethan as the two attempt a stereo roaring elbow, but Nightmare ducks underneath. European uppercut Drew sending him back, and a sharp kick to the kneecap of Ethan followed by a snap DDT! Drew regains his composure and goes for a punch but Nightmare counters that into an inverted stomp facebreaker and Drew rolls out of the ring…

Jim Taylor: Nightmare needs to make that tag with both Conner brothers out of it!

Nightmare tags in Humanity and he immediately goes after the legal man, Ethan, who is slow to get up after the snap DDT and he takes him down with a football spear! Now he has Ethan where he wants him in position for the River Styx…but from behind it’s Drew with a chair to the back of Humanity and the referee calls for the bell!

Lindsay Monahan: The winners by disqualification, The Movement! But still the CWA Tag Team Champions, The Echo!

Jim Taylor: They couldn’t fight fair so they have to resort to dirty tactics!

Drew nails Humanity again with the chair…SUPERKICK! Ethan with the super kick on Humanity, and Nightmare comes in for the save…SUPERKICK! This time from Drew, and now with Nightmare out of the equation they evil intentions in mind for Humanity as they place the chair down and Drew has Humanity in position for a tombstone piledriver with the chair underneath as Ethan is on the apron…

Jim Taylor: Oh no, not this!

Tim Coleman: It’s the move that can’t be said on air!

Suddenly “Rock or Bust” hits and here comes The Moment! Ben, Nick, and Amanda Starr all running down to the ring and The Echo immediately scatter as they reach the ring to check on Humanity and Nightmare.

Jim Taylor: Thank goodness for The Moment or else we could have very well witnessed the end of Humanity’s career!

Just then The Echo re-enter the ring and pummel both Nick and Ben sending them out of the ring.

Jim Taylor: Good grief, do these two ever stop?!

Now it’s Amanda alone with Drew and Ethan, but she’s not backing down as she fights back, but it’s not enough as the numbers game is just too much for her to handle as they now set her up for what they had in mind for Humanity…

“Toll of the Bells” hits and here comes Prince Pain! He charges towards the ring and The Echo immediately scatter through the crowd and Prince Pain follows suit

Jim Taylor: Prince Pain still with unfinished business with The Echo!

While back at ringside Amanda checks on Nick and Ben while in the ring Humanity and Nightmare come to as we cut to commercial.

*Commercial*

“Cut the Cord” begins to play and as the song kicks in after the intro the crowd spews out their hatred and boos as Nate Savage steps out looking to be in a foul mood like always wearing a scowl across his face along with a sleeveless Clint Shepard “Icon” shirt and MMA style shorts as he makes his way to the ring.

Jim Taylor: Looks like we’re being graced with presence of Nate Savage

Savage snatches a microphone up as he enters the ring.

Savage: Listen, I’m going to cut right to the chase. Shepard, I know you’re back there right now I know that you’re here tonight, so why don’t you drag your old carcass out to this ring before and go back there and find you and drag you out here a beaten, bloody mess in front of the entire world!

Savage paces back and forth in the ring impatiently.

Savage: Come on Clint! Don’t make me come back there and find you because I will old man and you won’t like that I can promise you that!

Savage still impatiently paces around the ring and brings the microphone back up when “Mad World” hits cutting him off and the crowd cheers as Clint Shepard walks out. He’s wearing a CWA t-shirt underneath a red flannel vest along with a black sweat pants and athletic shoes. He enters the ring and asks for a microphone and he asks to crowd to quiet down.

Shepard: Here I am Nate, what do you want?

Savage: Don’t play dumb old man you know damn well why I called you out!

Shepard: Oh, do I now? I seem to be forgetful in my old age, remind me why is that you have such hostility towards me?

Savage looks irritated by this.

Savage: That’s how you’re going to do this, so be it. You cost me a shot at the CWA World Heavyweight championship when you decided to come out at the Wrestle Royale, and made it all about yourself like you always do Clint.

Shepard: Hmm, if I remember correctly Nate, it wasn’t my fault that you got eliminated that was your own doing when you took your eye off the ball allowing someone to toss you over the top rope. I was invited to participate in the rumble match by Isaac Richmann, your buddy.

Savage: Don’t give me that crap Clint! You just want the spotlight to yourself like you always have which is why I took you out. I had to Clint if I was going to get anywhere in this company because I wasn’t going to get anywhere hanging around you because like I said you like to make this all about yourself Shepard…

Shepard: Well, if this isn’t the pot calling the kettle back then I don’t know what is. Yes, you took me out Nate. You damn near broke my back, but unfortunately for you I’m back because like always you just couldn’t get the job done.

The crowd cheers at that statement which enrages Savage.

Savage: Yeah, laugh it up for your hero, your icon! That’s what he wants, he craves the attention because he can’t get it anywhere else, especially at home…

The cheers die down as Shepard’s face turns serious.

Savage: Oh yeah Clint you think I didn’t hear your phone calls to your wife…Grace. Yeah, I heard all of those calls in your office after our training sessions. I heard you begging her to come back home. I heard you blubbering, crying to get her to come back but she never did, did she Clint?

Shepard: You treading on thin ice there Nate, so if I were you I’d chose my next set of words carefully…

Savage: Striking a nerve am I Clint? That’s a shame! You know what else is a shame Clint? That you wife left your sorry ass because you just didn’t know when to call it quits did you? You just didn’t know when to step away from this business and be with your wife and your daughter…Abigail

Shepard is boiling now.

Savage: Face it Clint, you’re pathetic. No wonder your wife left you and doesn’t let you see your kid. Tell me Clint, does Abigail know how much of a pathetic failure her father really is?

Shepard has had enough as he drops his microphone and charges towards Nate laying into him with several forearm strikes that has Nate reeling in the corner, but comes back with a rake of the eyes and knee to the midsection before taking Savage in position sending him off the ropes…NASTY BOMB! Shepard is laid out from the pop-up power bomb and Nate leans down to face Shepard with a microphone breathing heavily into it before speaking…

Shepard: That’s just a taste of what’s in store for you Clint because at Five Star Attraction it’ll be you and me…in a New York street fight!

With that Savage tosses the microphone aside and leaves the ring as his theme music plays him out while Clint Shepard is checked on in the ring.

Jim Taylor: Nate Savage crossed the line tonight and made it personal with Clint Shepard, and believe me when I tell that there will be hell to pay when these two collide in that New York street fight!

Tim Coleman: It’s not going to be pretty that’s for sure!

Jim Taylor: You know what else won't be pretty? Tonight's main event and that's up next!

*Commercial*

Main Event Tag Team Grudge Match
    Suicide Dive Squad (Jon Snowmantashi & Jonathan McGinnis) vs Michelle von Horowitz & Johnny Vegas w/Jenny Vegas
    w/

"In Dreams" plays and Michelle von Horowitz steps out ignoring the scathing response that she's getting as she simply walks to the ring.

Lindsay Monahan: Making her way to the ring from Rotterdam, the Netherlands and now residing in New Orleans, Louisiana, weighing in at 71kg, "Dreamer" Michelle von Horowitz!

Soon the music is replaced by "King for a Day" and Johnny Vegas steps out still in the same face paint from before as he's accompanied by Jenny Vegas and the crowd gives them a nice reception.

Lindsay Monahan: and her tag team partner being accompanied by Jenny Vegas, from Los Angeles, California and weighing in at 220lbs, Johnny Vegas!

"Blessings" now hits and Jonathan McGinnis steps out looking ready for war.

Lindsay Monahan: and their opponents introducing first from Montreal, Canada and now residing in Los Angeles, California, weighing in at 207lbs, "The Last Indy Darling" Jonathan McGinnis!

"Sword of Destiny" hits and out comes Jon Snowmantashi with his world title around his waist as well as the same attire from earlier in the event as he receives a loud, standing ovation.

Lindsay Monahan: and his tag team partner, from Tokyo, Japan and now residing in Los Angeles, California. He weighs in at 290lbs, and he is the CWA World Heavyweight Champion, "Inhuman" Jon Snowmantashi!

Ding! Ding! Ding!

The bell rings as McGinnis starts off against Horrowitz. The two lock up in the center of the ring as Snowmantashi watches on, a sullen look on his face. Vegas, meanwhile, is all fired up as he is practically begging to get in the ring. Horrowitz and McGinnis jockey for position using some rudimentary takedowns and legsweeps, but neither gains the advantage right away. At least, until Horrowitz kicks McGinnis's knee hard, causing the former World Champion to buckle. She backs into her corner for some running strike...

Tag! Vegas tags himself in, wanting to get another shot at McGinnis. Horrowitz is noticeably annoyed, but leaves as Vegas goes for a dropkick...McGinnis rolls out of the way and counters with a scissor stomp! Vegas's head bounces off the mat as McGinnis grabs him and puts him in a front facelock. Snowmantashi puts his hand out for a tag...but McGinnis doesn't seem interested. Seems he has something to prove as he suplexes Vegas hard! McGinnis goes for a cover, but Vegas kicks out.

Hard shoot-style kicks to Vegas's chest start to result in welts as McGinnis sizes him up for a superkick, but Vegas ducks and goes for a schoolboy, with McGinnis kicking out at one. Vegas goes for an inside cradle, but McGinnis kicks out again. Vegas backs into a corner as McGinnis goes for a running boot, but Vegas avoids the assault and schoolboys McGinnis INTO THE TURNBUCKLES. McGinnis is loopy as Vegas goes for an enzuigiri, and connects! McGinnis falls as Vegas stumbles into his corner, only to have Horrowitz tag in.

Horrowitz, seemingly pleased to re-enter the fray even if Vegas is a little upset, methodically punishes a still dazed McGinnis, staring at both him and Snowmantashi with that eerie, all-knowing look in her eye. Her distractions do give McGinnis opportunities to fight back, but Horrowitz still maintains the advantage due to her surprising ability to manipulate joints. She doesn't seem interested in pinning McGinnis...moreso just toying with him.

This goes on for some time until Snowmantashi decides he's had enough. He enters the ring, shoves Horrowitz off McGinnis, drags McGinnis to his corner despite the referee's protests, and tags in! McGinnis, still in pain, is nonetheless upset. Snowmantashi doesn't care as he stares down the challenger for his title, ready to start Five Star Attraction early...

...for a few seconds, until Horrowitz tags in Vegas, who seems to be a bit surprised by this. She hops down onto the floor as Snowmantashi, either wanting to send a message or just wanting to suplex somebody, grabs Vegas by the neck and start wailing on him with suplexes, slams, and body splashes galore! Vegas tries to fight back with his kicks, but Snowmantashi's having none of that as he slaps Vegas and drives him to the mat with a vicious powerbomb! Snowmantashi covers, but to Vegas's credit he doesn't stay down for three.

Snowmantashi decides that enough is enough as he goes for his big moonsault, but McGinnis blind tags in, wanting to get that win over Vegas himself. This seems to get Snowmantashi irritated as he and McGinnis glare daggers at each other...SUPERKICK! Vegas drills Snowmantashi with a superkick, sending the heavyweight tumbling out of the ring. McGinnis counters that with a Superkick of his own, sending Vegas into the ropes. McGinnis goes to lariat Vegas's head off, but Vegas ducks the clothesline and suicide dives onto Snowmantashi! McGinnis is confused as to why Vegas would do that...

3...!

Horrowitz rolled up McGinnis and scored a three count! She tagged in when Vegas was sent careening into the ropes by McGinnis's superkick! Horrowitz steals the win!

Lindsay Monahan: The winners of the match, Michelle von Horowitz and Johnny Vegas!

Vegas is clearly upset by Michelle stealing this victory from him as he begins to berate her only for Michelle to slap him, and he shoves her which almost turns into a scuffle until the referee breaks them up while McGinnis comes to and Snowmantashi begins to check on him as the show comes to a close.

-End Show-

Rest in power, Flock U
    Rest in power, TCON

Team Cyrus T is Best for Business

Quote Originally Posted by Ed
    Stop the hating of the E-Feds. If you don't like something, that's fine, just ignore it and let the people who do enjoy what they're here on WC to do. Mocking them to make you feel less of a geek for being on a geek on a wrestling forum is lame. If you want to not read their posts, I can fix that for you.

No One

Status
      Country                    Canada

Re: Adrenaline Rush: Live from Buffalo, NY

As always a fun show. Enjoyed working with SS who's a great writer and is doing an amazing job with MVH (whom is easily my favorite character in the entire fed at this point). Also much love to Cyrus, you're an awesome match writer (umm if it is you that wrote it, otherwise, thanks to whoever did it just seems like you writing style).

I have a single criticism not directed at the show but more at the Johnny Vegas promo, obviously, this is subjective and not requested so ignore as you will. It's not meant to stir drama either. But I had some issues with it. Wasn't a big fan of the breaking kayfabe with referencing heel and faces (though people tend to do this a bit and it frustrates me overall, I try to avoid it myself). The good guy/bad guy terminology would've easily worked much better without hurting kayfabe (just as using jobber is kinda ehhhhhh not that you used it). That's probably my most minor complaint. The second complaint was the 180 direction the character took. From the humble rich guy who actually cares about the common man who made a challenge to prove himself and this week, it felt like he had a full blown heel turn. Completely put down the champion (along with everyone he's ever beaten), made sort of nonsensical references to CWA trying to cater to the Indies (wait, why would CWA try to cater to the Indies? and if they were, wouldnt they have done as you said and had him main event?). Then you went on a tangent about it being a dream match and that it should main event (which just made it feel like not only you lost your point but Vegas suddenly has an insane ego). Why's Horrowitz an exception to him not being violent to women? At the very least by all indications that might be followed up on next week with Horrowitz vs. Vegas match (at least I'm assuming).

If you are genuinely going for a full heel turn (and not a temporary one), then I suppose my criticism is reduced because you've managed to make some major developments - you've given him a huge ego, made him flip-floppy with his code of honor (making new exceptions for non-violence against women), and had him berate the biggest fan favorite in the company, also turned him against the company by claiming its biased.

I mean, there's still the matter of this being a complete 180 (akin to Anakin's Revenge of the Sith heel turn) with no real build up but at least it makes a lot more sense if this was really a full heel turn.

Otherwise, some nice development in the Savage/Shepard story. The Echo are probably the number one heels atm next to Owens (von Horrowitz feels like she'd have her set of smark fans and feminist behind her tbh so I don't fully have her on the heel spectrum).

Looking forward to the next show.

EDIT: My post probably may come a tad aggressive. Not intended and it's totally subjective. So maybe others can shed some light with a different POV.

Internet Favorite

Status

Quote Originally Posted by Jon Snow View Post
    As always a fun show. Enjoyed working with SS who's a great writer and is doing an amazing job with MVH (whom is easily my favorite character in the entire fed at this point). Also much love to Cyrus, you're an awesome match writer (umm if it is you that wrote it, otherwise, thanks to whoever did it just seems like you writing style).

I have a single criticism not directed at the show but more at the Johnny Vegas promo, obviously, this is subjective and not requested so ignore as you will. It's not meant to stir drama either. But I had some issues with it. Wasn't a big fan of the breaking kayfabe with referencing heel and faces (though people tend to do this a bit and it frustrates me overall, I try to avoid it myself). The good guy/bad guy terminology would've easily worked much better without hurting kayfabe (just as using jobber is kinda ehhhhhh not that you used it). That's probably my most minor complaint. The second complaint was the 180 direction the character took. From the humble rich guy who actually cares about the common man who made a challenge to prove himself and this week, it felt like he had a full blown heel turn. Completely put down the champion (along with everyone he's ever beaten), made sort of nonsensical references to CWA trying to cater to the Indies (wait, why would CWA try to cater to the Indies? and if they were, wouldnt they have done as you said and had him main event?). Then you went on a tangent about it being a dream match and that it should main event (which just made it feel like not only you lost your point but Vegas suddenly has an insane ego). Why's Horrowitz an exception to him not being violent to women? At the very least by all indications that might be followed up on next week with Horrowitz vs. Vegas match (at least I'm assuming).

If you are genuinely going for a full heel turn (and not a temporary one), then I suppose my criticism is reduced because you've managed to make some major developments - you've given him a huge ego, made him flip-floppy with his code of honor (making new exceptions for non-violence against women), and had him berate the biggest fan favorite in the company, also turned him against the company by claiming its biased.

I mean, there's still the matter of this being a complete 180 (akin to Anakin's Revenge of the Sith heel turn) with no real build up but at least it makes a lot more sense if this was really a full heel turn.

Otherwise, some nice development in the Savage/Shepard story. The Echo are probably the number one heels atm next to Owens (von Horrowitz feels like she'd have her set of smark fans and feminist behind her tbh so I don't fully have her on the heel spectrum).

Looking forward to the next show.

EDIT: My post probably may come a tad aggressive. Not intended and it's totally subjective. So maybe others can shed some light with a different POV.

I wasnt going for a heel turn more of the someone has to be the good and bad guy in promos like HBK/Taker. HBK played the heel even though he was a face. I was trying to basically use me berating him as champion as a im gonna say this to force him into a match with me if he likes it or not. Not comparing Vegas/McGinnis to HBK/Taker just the way promos went with them HBK played the heel while being a face.

Indy Talent

Status

Cheers for the kind words JS, had a blast working on that segment. I've always really struggled to write a compelling face, and you (and Willis, for that matter) do it masterfully. Heels are easy .

As for the Vegas segment, I personally like the Punk-ish, not-getting-what-I'm-due heel (if this is a turn). I think it's difficult to be too harsh for it being sudden, what with RPs not being posted (not a dig at the system). This could've been building for the last couple of weeks through RPs... The violence against women statement was a bit off though - surely that should be an absolute statement with no exceptions. It is a difficult can of worms if you choose to address it.

Great show overall. Enjoyed the Echo stuff (obviously) and dug Prince Pain a lot this week also.

Internet Favorite

Status

Quote Originally Posted by SuperSaiyan View Post
    Cheers for the kind words JS, had a blast working on that segment. I've always really struggled to write a compelling face, and you (and Willis, for that matter) do it masterfully. Heels are easy .

As for the Vegas segment, I personally like the Punk-ish, not-getting-what-I'm-due heel (if this is a turn). I think it's difficult to be too harsh for it being sudden, what with RPs not being posted (not a dig at the system). This could've been building for the last couple of weeks through RPs... The violence against women statement was a bit off though - surely that should be an absolute statement with no exceptions. It is a difficult can of worms if you choose to address it.

Great show overall. Enjoyed the Echo stuff (obviously) and dug Prince Pain a lot this week also.

The violence against woman thing was a more I dont hit ladies but if your going to get into the ring and wrestle guys and want to be considered like one of the guys you deserve to be treated like one of the guys.

Like i said before i was trying for HBk/Taker or Cena/Rock(Cena was face giving heelish like promos with stuff like im here where is Rock off shooting a movie etc) I know it is weird but if i came out and did just the yay promo while wanting to get the match Vegas wants in Vegas/McGinnis II. Plus the indy comment was more a dig at his "indy darling" moniker then anything.

Indy Talent

Status

Yeah, I'm not having a go or anything. I enjoyed the segment overall and thought the interaction with McGinnis last week was excellent. I'm probably just reading too much into what was meant as a throwaway comment. I'm looking forward to Vegas/McGinnis II if it happens - should be interesting.

Thread Information