Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Mr. Robot Discussion Thread

Crotchety Old SMOD

Status
      Country                    Canada

Re: Mr. Robot Discussion Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Big Papa View Post
    Still watching but the excitement is gone. I just watch an episode on my PVR when I spot it. No "must watch" vibe. But do agree that this season has been a bit of a step up compared to Season 2. Some of the convulsion feels like complication for the sake of complication, but just hoping the end game of it pays off.
    Oh it definitely feels like they're overly complicating things a lot of the time but then again I felt that way for most of Season 2 and, for the most part, they've payed off those angles. One thing I feel is that the show really blew its load back in Season 1 with the big Mr. Robot reveal and it's been trying to live up to that moment ever since. The convoluted prison stuff in Season 2 certainly felt like they were trying to replicate that big moment but they failed miserably outside of using an awesome song from Public Image Ltd.

Conversely, they're still capable of pulling off big moments when they don't seem to be setting them up, such as the shootout at the luncheon in Season 2 that came completely out of nowhere. That pretty much snapped me back into the season when I was just about to check out. Luckily they've focused much more on the acting this year (Darlene was off the charts in last weeks episode, Angela has killed it the whole season) and its really helped.

Ask Fuji|2019 Movie Log

Help decide WC's Fave Five Robert De Niro Movies~!

​​​

Quote Originally Posted by Wang Chung
    Fuji- got his hint possibly town but also threatened Cox with a burrito up his ass

#HEEL

Status

This season is a huge step up from last season... but still not on the level of season 1. I was skeptical when I realized they were focusing on undoing what they did, but I like how they've done it so far. Wait and see I guess.

Crotchety Old SMOD

Status

So, last week's episode was pretty fucking nuts. I don't want to say anything else for the sake of those who haven't seen it yet but I'd say it was one of the finest hours of television I've ever watched.

Ask Fuji|2019 Movie Log

​​​

Fuji- got his hint possibly town but also threatened Cox with a burrito up his ass

#HEEL

Status

Quote Originally Posted by Fuji Vice View Post
    So, last week's episode was pretty fucking nuts. I don't want to say anything else for the sake of those who haven't seen it yet but I'd say it was one of the finest hours of television I've ever watched.
    My thoughts exactly.

I thought it was interesting that when she spoke to Irving after doing the thing, she didn't just say that she got Elliot fired. I thought that was what the Army wanted? I don't recall it being their plan, per say, but it helps reach their end - so why not just tell him? Must be pulling something on her own...

Crotchety Old SMOD

Status

Quote Originally Posted by Shawn View Post
    I thought it was interesting that when she spoke to Irving after doing the thing, she didn't just say that she got Elliot fired. I thought that was what the Army wanted? I don't recall it being their plan, per say, but it helps reach their end - so why not just tell him? Must be pulling something on her own...
    Angela never went through the Dark Army when she decided to get Elliott fired, she spoke directly to Price. I think she's got something going on between the two sides as well but I guess we'll just have to wait and see how it plays out.

Also, it's interesting to note that

Spoiler:

Elliott is actually seen running through the office behind Angela at one point. Is it possible he was able to undo whatever she did before it took effect?

Ask Fuji|2019 Movie Log

​​​

#HEEL

Status

That after credit scene on the finale?

Ho

Lee

Shit.

Sent from my SM-G935P using Tapatalk

Status
      Country                    United States

Here's a new poster for season 4. The season will be at some point in 2019, but doesn't have a date as of yet.

Crotchety Old SMOD

Status

If it starts in 2019 it's going to be really late in the year because they just started filming a month or so back. Also, this will be the final season, as the ending to the story has already been plotted out.

Ask Fuji|2019 Movie Log

​​​

Status

Quote Originally Posted by Fuji Vice View Post
    If it starts in 2019 it's going to be really late in the year because they just started filming a month or so back. Also, this will be the final season, as the ending to the story has already been plotted out.
    Yeah this was accoring to EW.com Here was a quote from the article.

"“Later this year, we’ll premiere the final season of Mr. Robot,” Esmail said. “This season is something I’m truly proud of and cannot wait to share with fans. With that said, I already teased that the final season would take place over the 2015 Christmas holiday, but I will take it one step further. The final season will be a one filled with answers, hacking and blood.”

Status

Here's a final season promo.

Crotchety Old SMOD

Status

So, anyone still watching this show? The start to the final season has been pretty awesome so far, with last week's episode the most intense one yet. I commend Esmail and his team for continually pushing the envelope where the small screen format is concerned. Creating an effective episode with only two lines of dialogue is incredible in this day and age.

It does seem like the loose plot threads at the beginning of the season are starting to come together nicely, so here's hoping the final 8 episodes continue to hit it out of the park.

Ask Fuji|2019 Movie Log

​​​

Heel Champion

Status

Saw that episode Fuji, thought it was very well done. This season has been great so far. But fucking hell, this last episode was something else. The build up throughout the 5 acts was great and it lead to a devastating revelation. Still stunned by it.

Status

This week was some INTENSE SHIT.
    EVERY ENDING IS A NEW BEGINNING.
    YOUR LUCKY NUMBER IS NONE.
    YOUR LUCKY COLOUR IS DEAD.
    Motto:
    LIKE FATHER, LIKE SON.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread Information